Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/499-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
tmw188
Slide out tray roller broke
redstickbill
Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
jacwjames
Condencer drip
David White
Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
Hypoxia
Inverter Issue
granvillebarker
Fresh water Tank problem
top flight
Fresh water Tank problem
Dr4Film
Fresh water Tank problem
Cubflyer
Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
Dr4Film
Smart wheel issues.
rusty@kramermetalfab.com
Fresh water Tank problem
top flight
Rear Air Tank Replacement
Twomed
Fresh water Tank problem
cbr046
Brett63
Stands
Brett63
Smart wheel issues.
RVhorod
Fresh water Tank problem
top flight
'08 Camelot TRAVEL Inflation problem
RustyTools
Parts list
birdshill123
EGT Gauge Added
dl_racing427
Stands
dl_racing427
EGT Gauge Added
vanwill52
Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
NAMVET77
Fresh water Tank problem
redstickbill
No 120 ac into Coach
Timothy
Parts list
hex_nut
No 120 ac into Coach
Dwight Lindsey
Oil blowback at Oil fill tube ISL400
danwegand
Parts list
birdshill123
Smart wheel issues.
ktloah
Dual Pane Windows
Ivylog
Take I-40 or I-70 you asked?
Ivylog
Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
Dr4Film
No 120 ac into Coach
Dr4Film
Nevada Rob
Kicking around a live-in Coach
JDCrow

Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
tmw188

Can you post some pictures either from the gen or from the manual. 

redstickbill

Toby,

There should be numbers on the side of the bearing, just about any good bearing supply place should have them, Motion Industries, WW Grainger would be a good start.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
jacwjames

What is the part number of the piece you are having problem with???

Condencer drip
David White

On my Dometics, you can see the clear plastic drain hose from inside the coach.  If you see water in the hose, then some water is coming out of the drain pan, but the exit ports (which connect to the clear hose) could be particularly blocked and they might be hard to clean.  Debris in the pan could block.

Another thing I learned was that a droopy clear hose holds water and water backs up in the pan rather than out. Any off level or coach move will cause the full pan to spill onto the roof.  I cut some length from the clear hose and secured level so it drains better into the hose going to the outside. 

High fuel pressure (never saw that before)!!!
jacwjames

I finally got a chance to look at the service manual to try and determine what may have caused the high fuel pressure fault.  Attached is what I found for the code which indicates there could be a restriction, here is what is in the attached.

Troubleshooting must be focused on inspecting the drain line path of the fuel pressure relief
valve for restrictions/obstructions and checking or replacing the fuel pressure relief valve. A
restriction in the fuel-drain-to-tank return line can prevent unneeded fuel from exiting the fuel
system. Check the fuel drain line restriction from the fuel rail to the tank for damage.
The fuel rail pressure sensor must also be checked. When checking the fuel rail pressure
sensor accuracy, make sure the high pressure fuel rail is not pressurized. The fuel pump, high pressure
fuel lines, and fuel rail contain very high pressure fuel. Do not loosen any fittings
while the engine is running. Wait at least 10 minutes after shutting down the engine before
loosening any fittings in the high-pressure fuel system to allow pressure to decrease to a lower
level. There could be a significant amount of time waiting on the rail to depressurize to 0. It
could be necessary to manually relieve the pressure from the high pressure fuel rail.

So I'm wondering if the amount of flow & pressure the FASS system is pumping is too much for the system.  So far I have not had any other reports of a code like this being thrown.  Although I did bypass the original lift pump on the feed side I did not bypass on the return side. 

Does anyone know of any type of restriction in the old lift pump that would limit high volumes of flow.  None of the drawings or pictures I have of the old lift pump gives a clue on it's internal construction. 

SPN 157 - FMI 0 (Fault Code 449) B - Blog.pdf

Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
Hypoxia

Here's others with a similar problem.  Coolant Temperature sending unit

Inverter Issue
granvillebarker

The one thing I don’t understand about these inverters, is with all the technology advances in the past 20 years why are they still so big?

Fresh water Tank problem
top flight

2007 HR Vacationer Diesel.  Went to fill my freshwater tank and it did not vent, actually caused the floor to start to rise.  Fortunately shut off and drained tank, no damage to floor. Can anyone tell me where the air vent is located or could this be something else?

Fresh water Tank problem
Dr4Film

There are TWO vents, one is the gravity fill opening located in the service bay and the other is your overflow tube located on the passenger side. Look under the coach for it's opening to the ground.

Cubflyer
1 hour ago, jacwjames said:

So I'm wondering if the amount of flow & pressure the FASS system is pumping is too much for the system.  So far I have not had any other reports of a code like this being thrown.  Although I did bypass the original lift pump on the feed side I did not bypass on the return side. 

James,

(Edited)...So in a word..."NO"

It seems to me you are confusing the high pressure (injector rail) side of the fuel system to the low to no pressure side (the side from the fuel tank to the inlet of the injector pump). I do not believe the original lift pump returned any fuel to the fuel tank, but if it did it was very minor and only for the first 30 seconds while it ran. 

The injector, (or any pump) pressure output is little (if any) affected by inlet pressure, and by design the "rail pressure" is regulated by the rail pressure regulator (by restricting the fuel returned to the tank).  The injector pump could put out 100psi to 10,000psi and as long as the rail pressure regulator and return line is large enough, the rail pressure (theoretically) be maintained at any pressure between 100 and 10,000psi.

Your fault code is more likely a sensor acting up than an actual pressure problem, but if the pressure is fluctuating, it is most likely a regulator problem not a pump putting out too much pressure.  On this type of system (pressure rail), the pump runs wild and the regulator (with a clear return (drain) line) controls the pressure.

Ken

Fresh water Tank problem
Cubflyer

Wow, the floor bulged?!?! Guess I'm not being paranoid when I take the gravity fill cap off when I'm filling my water tank thru the pressure fill....!

Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
Dr4Film

What was the fault code you got each time it shut down?

When my Coolant Temperature Sensor failed the generator would run for almost 5 minutes before shutting down, like 4 minutes and 55 seconds. Plus the error code was #24.

I had the Cummins shop in Orlando replace the sensor and do complete service before heading out on a summer trip to the west back in 2017. Been running fine ever since.

58 seconds sound like something else is going on and not the Coolant Sensor.

jacwjames

Thanks for the reply.  Just starting to dig into this and the two areas the document I posted says to look at is the return line to tank for any obstructions and/or the relief valve itself, which from the diagram is located at the end of the fuel rail/pump.

This assumes that the fuel delivery system has not been modified.  The original lift pump actually pumps to ~30 psi based on the fuel pressure gauge but only runs ~30 seconds. I would assume some fuel is returned to tank.  Once the original lift pump stops running the injector pump pumps fuel some fuel returns to tank through the old lift pump. 

Now I've installed a ~100 gph FASS pump with a relief valve limiting pressure to ~16 psi.  What happens if the relief valve malfunctions fro some reason.  Just trying to think out of the box as to what would have caused the high pressure fault code. 

As of now 3 potential causes,

1. relief valve on injector pump
  2. return line restriction
  3. new FASS pump over pressuring system. 

Smart wheel issues.
rusty@kramermetalfab.com

I am having issue with my smart wheel buttons. Resume on the cruise control either shuts off cruise or turns on wipers. Any help where to start on this type of problem? Thanks ! 2000 Dynasty.

Cubflyer

Again, the injector pump input pressure as well as the injector pump output pressure is not what determines rail pressure... that is the rail pressure regulator and it's return lines function. 

Your FASS (like mine) output is regulated by it's return line (that is supposed to be separate from the original line) so your FASS pump is not over pressurizing the injector rail..... if the injector rail regulator is operating correctly and has a clear (drain) return line (it is a separate line from the FASS return line?... if not, all bets are off and disregard everything I said....

Ken

Fresh water Tank problem
top flight

Thanks for replies, didn't know about the gravity fill cap, have to look for it.

Rear Air Tank Replacement
Twomed

Google   "replacement air brake ping tank"  and find the one you want.  Might also try "replacement air suspension ping tank".   Lots out there, just a matter of finding the correct config.  Look a the the top of your tank too, might get lucky and find a part number.

Good Luck...

Fresh water Tank problem
cbr046

But if it's not venting out it's not venting in either.  Better fix that before the water tank implodes or pump burns up trying to pull water from the tank.  Maybe some really strong mud dobbers blocked the vent tube . . . . where ever it is. 

- bob

Brett63
18 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

There have been more times than NOT that I wished that the two of mine were electric and not manual. Do you want to switch? LOL

LOL< I would sure be tempted to....lol

Stands
Brett63
jacwjames

My FASS return line goes to tank

I am using the original return line, have not modified.  

Just trying to understand the system and potential causes. 

Smart wheel issues.
RVhorod

Hi Rusty,

I had the same issue with our 2000 Dynasty. I solved most of the issues by removing and cleaning the slip ring in the steering column. I also filed the 2 contacts for the slip ring. It's a lot better, but now and then the wipers turn on still.

Fresh water Tank problem
top flight

Thanks Bob, if I don't find the problem I am thinking of installing a new vent on the side of the tank near the top.

Convert Batwing antenna to hold a wifi/ cellular antenna.
vanwill52
On 7/29/2021 at 6:09 AM, Jeff H said:

The cable supplied was not long enough and the individual coax cables are in a mesh housing.  So I just mounted it to the roof for now.  I will see how that works and if necessary  I can get an extension  and some heat shrink for the exposed cables.

Jeff, I'll be very interested in your results.  I installed a Poynting MIMO coupled to a Cradlepoint router.  I mounted the Poynting on an 18" aluminum square plate on stilts to raise it slightly and not have the signal reduced due to proximity of the AC unit.  I expected a large improvement over my MiFi mounted in a Wilson cradle attached to an external antenna.  I was very disappointed.  The new combo gave almost identical performance to the existing setup.  I hope yours performs better, and perhaps I see some mistake I made.20190620_164939.thumb.jpg.5dbe681b42efbfb136cf9d12b7904c8f.jpg

RustyTools

Thanks to all for sticking with me so far.  Now I need more help, actually a lot of help.  I'll give Valid a call when they open, but I'd like to understand things better before I talk to them.

I tested the 6-pak on the bench, and then reinstalled it on the coach and tested it again (using the metal washer trick on each solenoid).  It checks out just fine.  When I ran the coach again, the driver side will lift in TRAVEL, but it seems like I'm getting almost no air in the right bag at all.  I hear no leaks anywhere and the right side  solenoid does grab the washer.  I tried to follow the airline from the right bag, but it almost immediately disappeared up into the spaghetti-nest of lines and wires along the chassis.  Where does it go?

None of the diagrams (Valid or the previous Power Gear info) I've found tell me how air gets to the bag, or where it comes from.  It's as if there's a blockage before the bag but I have no idea what's where.  How does the control-panel by the driver tell a bag to lift/lower?

Parts list
birdshill123

Geraldoh. Can you please provide further info  . I have never seen a website called monacorev??

EGT Gauge Added
dl_racing427
On 7/17/2021 at 7:31 AM, CRY1942 said:

The gauge, sender and special cable is from Banks Power (www.bankspower.com).

The sender is installed in the exhaust manifold PRE Turbo.

I debated a long time about Pre or Post Turbo, but my shop mechanic said they could drill the manifold with no problem and mount it Pre Turbo which would be more accurate. Post Turbo readings can be 300 or 400 degrees cooler, so I am told.

I have a great deal of trust with my shop; Carpenters Buss Sales, Elm Mott, TX and went with their advice.

Running the cable was the hardest part of the job, coming from the engine, along the frame rails forward, there was an entry point from my single roll out bay (38 foot coach) which comes out under the refrigerator, then forward behind the couch to the dash area.

There are other vendors of EGT Gauges that do not require the "special" cable but were out of stock for the longest time and the Banks Gauge was readily available.

Good luck and safe travels.

Thanks for the tip on running the cable.
I've been wanting to install an EGT gauge on my coach, but wasn't looking forward to cable routing. LOL

Stands
dl_racing427
On 7/24/2021 at 8:46 PM, Dwight Lindsey said:

I got mine at Harbor Freight years ago.  They don't seem to have the heavy duty ones on their website now.

Lowes has 12 ton Jack Stands:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Torin-Torin-Big-Red-12-Ton-Capacity-Ratchet-Style-Heavy-Duty-Steel-Jack-Stands-1-Pair/1002625998

Two 12 ton Jack stands should support one end of the coach, which is the way I do it when changing oil or greasing the coach.

Dwight

Be aware that that rating is PER PAIR, so each stand is rated at 6 tons.
These are the same ones I got from Harbor Freight decades ago.
I store my coach on these to keep weight off the tires and airbags, and to be able to retract my jacks to protect the rams from corrosion and dirt.

There was a recall more recently on these, due to worn tooling at the Chinese manufacturer causing the ratchets to be defective, and the stands could drop unexpectedly.
You can lookup the recall info online.  Hopefully all the defective ones have been replaced by now.

I'm glad to see people being aware of the risk with air suspension coaches.  Be safe out there.😎🙏

Dr4Film

Ron, could it be that the ride height solenoid is being energized but the solenoid piston is stuck inside the valve not allowing any air from leaving the six-pack block to raise the air bags?

Have you check the air ports going to the ride height valves & air bags to make sure that air is able to leave the block when the travel solenoids are energized?

EGT Gauge Added
vanwill52

David, the special "Type K" thermcouple wire is stiff and appears slightly fragile and prone to kinking.  It is indeed a bear to run.  The gages like the AutoMeter one I installed use ordinary copper wire, making the process infinitely easier.

Since I have found so many times that I needed extra wires running from the engine bay to the instrument panel, I finally used this as an excuse to run TWO 7-conductor, 14 AWG trailer wiring cables front to rear and end them with terminal strips front and rear.  The multi-conductor cable is neoprene-sheathed and very flexible, waterproof, and rugged--You can yank on it when necessary while snaking it forward.  The box marked "EGT Gage" is the "amplifier" that allows the millivolt signal to be transmitted over ordinary copper wire.

Van

20210613_092325_resized.jpg

Ivan K

Right, there needs to be a clear path from the Ride hight port to the air bag port when the Ride hight solenoid is energized. Air bags get air straight from the Bag port on short side of the block.

Screenshot_20210730-114315_Gallery.jpg

No low beams, just high beams 2002 Dynasty
Patrick
16 hours ago, ktloah said:

There was a discussion on this earlier.  Search for this in the electrical section. I had the same problem and it was where the wire harness plugs into the smart wheel control box in the front bay beneath the driver. J12 connector was burned. 

Thanks for the guidance. Here is what my J12 connector looks like. What did you do? Splice in a new one?

F3F3F0DE-16B2-40CD-81CF-6C806CF51C75.jpeg

Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
NAMVET77

TMW188

The housing for the sensor is behind the thermostat housing and I have to use a mirror to even see the hole where the sensor came out. Picture wouldn't show anything.  I'm going to see what it would take to remove the exhaust heat shield.  If I can get that out I will be able to see the hole and provide pics.

jacwjames,

The PN for the sensor is 193-0318.  Bought it at the local Cummins dealer and paid $44.18.  Found it on the internet for $25 dollars.  Next time I'll know better.

Hypoxia,

Thanks for the link to others that have the same issue.  Doesn't sound like it's going to be an easy fix.  What really exacerbates the issue is I am in a campground in San Diego and I'm not supposed to be working on my motor home.  So far no one has said anything.  

Dr4Film,

The fault code was 33.  That supposedly identifies a cooling problem or a bad sensor.  I talked to a tech at the Cummins facility and he said the sensor is probably the problem as long as the fluid level was correct.  I just have to figure out how I'm going to get the rest of the sensor out so I can install the new one.  Maybe I'll try and find an authorize repair shop and pay the piper.  The Cummins shop is backlogged for the next month.  I still have 2  1/2 months left on this trip before I get home to Florida.  Once home I will have whatever I need to fix the problem.  Just don't want to wait until then.  The gen is on a slide out but still hard to get to with the exhaust shield in the way.

Fresh water Tank problem
redstickbill

top flight,

sounds like the fresh water tank overflow is stopped up with mud daubers, from the past couple of days folks have found the overflow just in front of the passenger side rear tires. A straightened out wire clothes hanger makes a good clean out tool, run it up the drain as far as you can. The gravity fill cap is usually on the drivers side of the wet bay, towards the top.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

No 120 ac into Coach
Timothy

Just an update. Temporary fix but will keep us on our trip for a couple weeks. I moved the shore power to the generator position. Now have shore power no gen. We are staying in resorts the rest of the trip so it will work out. Ordered the recommended transfer switch and will install when we get home. Thanks for all the assist. Tim

Parts list
hex_nut

REV (Recreation Equipment Vehicles) Group is the current owner of the Monaco name.

See Revgroup.com

No 120 ac into Coach
Dwight Lindsey

Tim:  I wonder if your transfer switch defaults to Generator and switches to shore power when it sees voltage on the shore power side.  Mine works the opposite way.

If yours works like mine and moving the shore power wires to the generator positions gets you power, then I guess your contactors, or some of them, are melted and welded into position.  Or your transfer switch was built opposite to mine, or wired opposite to mine.  Interesting.

FYI, after mine melted, I have made sure that I never have a big load from air conditioners when I change power sources.  I had been leaving a campground with the air conditioners on and starting the generator, then later upon arriving or when the air conditioners weren't needed any more, I'd just shut off the generator.

Both of those actions, under load, were causing arcing at the contactors.

Now I shut off the air conditioners every time, before changing power sources.

Dwight

Oil blowback at Oil fill tube ISL400
danwegand

My ISL 2003 Windsor had 198,000 miles the Injector pump went bad, was letting diesel in the oil.  This resulted in the oil being over full and blowing oil out breather tube!  If you can't smell fuel or the fact that your not over full on oil probably not your problem.  Cummins protocol  is to replace nozzles, then fuel lines, and then Pump.

over $10,000 

Parts list
birdshill123

Thanks, but I am fully aware of the Rev group. They no longer provide any support for Legacy Monacos. I am not even sure if they will send you a build sheet. It is not a parts list and only includes the models of major parts. Sometimes it is handy. The parts list in this forum is the best resource for Monaco owners.

ktloah

Hey Patrick, here's  a pic of mine. I bypassed the smart wheel box for the headlights. I believe that over time, the relays wear out or get weak. I ran a 12 ga. Hot wire to a new relay,  a 12 ga. Wire to grd. Took P2 wire from the J12 plug and to the relay. P1 wire I cut and taped off. 

20210727_111226.jpg

20210729_150256.jpg

Smart wheel issues.
ktloah

Try the contacts where they plug into the smart wheel control box located in the bay on left front side. I had same problem with cruise shutting off. Sprayed some electrical contact cleaned and it works now

Ivylog

Common problem…seems to take 10 years. Suspect corrosion on the plug’s pins builds up, creating a high resistance situation. I bypassed the burnt plug by soldering 2 new wires to the back of the board.

A new controller is $175 from VIP

27C570B5-625D-40FC-A9D8-20145FB96B37.jpeg

DDF8A210-7771-4C1F-80FB-75992063C5C7.jpeg

Jeff H

Our first trip with the new set up starts tomorrow.   I had nothing before this, just relied on the phone or laptop antenna so I hope there is some improvement.  I will let you know.

Dual Pane Windows
Ivylog

Just completed a really hot trip… CO to GA. Did most of Kansas at night but still had to run the 2 front ACs as the dash stopped cooling. After 12 hours on the road, got a CG with 50 A power and ran all 3 ACs. Open the engine hatch as the back floor in the BR was 110 degrees. Front stayed fairly cool but the back took 4 hours to finally cool down and that took closing the front ceiling vents to force more cool air to the back. We run the bathroom vent while on the road to help get some on the engine heat out.

Ivylog

Had a choice of using either from CO as the mileage was almost the same…50 miles further on I-70. Having used 70 on the way West in June, decided to use it again as it’s in really good shape…. at least from St Louis to Denver. Daughter was using 40 and said it was terrible and had lots of construction zones with stop and go traffic. Never had to slow below 55 on I-70.

Other than it being really hot and a couple of idiots that have to pass on the right and then squeeze into a hole barely big enough at 70 mph. Even laying on the horn, when they are along side, didn’t stop them. Fortunately traffic in front didn’t slow down, all of a sudden, as it would have gotten interesting. I do run a dash cam for just these idiots if something happens.

Onan 7500 Cooling Sensor
Dr4Film

Well that is weird because when I read through Fault Code 33 it says nothing about the Coolant Sensor failing causing Fault 33.  However, it does list a significant number of causes for High Coolant Temperature.

Now, if you had a Fault Code 24, that DOES specifically state the Coolant Sensor has failed not allowing the engine to run more than 5 minutes.

It just may end up to be completely different problem even after you figure out how to remove the broken sensor.

OR.....you could do the following

The manual also states that Fault 24 is a by-passable fault with exceptions as stated on page 18-1.

Refer to your manual for above information.

No 120 ac into Coach
Dr4Film

Without knowing exactly what brand of transfer switch he has as it was never posted, the ESCO EN-65 requires 120 VAC power to each set of relays to engage either the generator or the shore power. When neither are present no relay contactors are engaged.

Knowing what brand of transfer switch would help to identify if the generator relay is NC versus NO.

Rick A

What make brand antenna did you use? 

Nevada Rob

I-40 is a disaster from Barstow CA where it begins on the west end all the way to at least Nashville TN. We finally got off that POS in Nashville headed up to Lake Cumberland. KY. Both east and west lanes are in bad shape. We made the trip with a 2019 Jayco Seneca Super C. That coach had to be the roughest riding motorhome on the planet. The road was so rough and that coach bounced so hard, we bent the boat trailer tongue on the way home from KY. One of my better decisions ( a rare thing) was selling that Jayco and buying an older Monaco Dynasty. As far as I-40 is concerned, I would drive 500 miles out of my way to avoid that road.

20200817_121724.jpg

Kicking around a live-in Coach
JDCrow
On 7/28/2021 at 5:54 PM, Chargerman said:

Wow. Congratulations!!!

Thanks. It’s a BIG improvement in our mental health. Just to have windows and a walk in closet have my wife more excited than I expected. 

No 120 ac into Coach
Timothy

Richard, I stated in an earlier post it is the original iota. Ordered the LPT 50 BRD. Will install when we return home in a couple weeks. 

tmw188

Sounds like you already reasoned yourself out of taking 40. 

Ivylog
4 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

Sounds like you already reasoned yourself out of taking 40. 

Only reason to take 40 was to be behind our daughter if they had problems… they made it home shortly after we got back.

Mocephus

I had the same issue with burnt contacts at the SW board. With the help from others here, here is the solution I implemented:

image.thumb.jpeg.e8202fc641f1950b7588fca8fef1d11d.jpeg

tmw188
14 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Only reason to take 40 was to be behind our daughter if they had problems… they made it home shortly after we got back.

Oh, well that’s a different story then.

ktloah

You can buy the connectors from NEWARK SUPPLY or a local do it yourself electronics store. Online for the same connector they quoted 39$. I picked one up for under 5$ 

Replacing Norcold in slide with residential ( who has done this ? )
woodylmiller

I didn't do any changes, but I'm wondering how folks get the residential units in their coach.  I'm thinking through the front windshield maybe?  Fortunately we will be doing this if our Frigidaire dies since we have a chip in the windshield that can't be repaired anymore than it already has been, the glass shop it needs to be replaced, which insurance will cover.  We will be looking for a shop that can "rebuild" our Frigidaire since it has the matching cherry wood on the doors that match our cabinets.  My DW has made it clear, the wood doors on the refrig are staying.  I don't think they are making reefer's with wood cabinet doors any longer.   

Pat D., that valance(?) above your Norcold, is there anything in that space?  Cables, wires?  If not I would think you could gain an inch or two with a little work on it.  Oak trim is readily available, looks like just a natural stain and poly.  Good luck.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

Condencer drip
woodylmiller

My middle A/C had a plugged drain line and water would run onto the roof and down the side.  For some strange reason this year the drain just started to work.  I did put the shop vac to the hoses and all drains are working.  I do notice that the two drain lines that run to the front have a "belly" in them somewhere since the water will just drip and then a couple ounces of water will just dump out.  Nothing to worry about, main thing is that they are all draining.  If it were me I'd get rid of those duck bill drains.  By my way of thinking those duck bills are a solution looking for a problem.  More important for me to watch how the water is draining in real time.

Woody Miller

Control Module for Dometic Sealand Toilet
BeckyS

I want to send a shout out and a huge thank you to Mr. Paul Whittle for the work he did to create the replacement control board for the Magnum Opus 3110. I bought the board through the RV supplier and installed it today. It works beautifully. 

It ships with the board, three cable extensions, and the screw driver along with detailed instructions. 

Thank you, Paul, again for your efforts.

Macerator pump
Paul Busch

Just replaced my 05 SANICON macerator pump with a SEAFLO pump. Pretty loud and doesn’t sound like it will last long? Any one recommend a good macerator pump?

paulb

No 120 ac into Coach
Dr4Film

Either I am developing early dementia or something more serious but I don't remember reading the brand of transfer switch in any of your posts in this thread.

vanwill52
4 hours ago, Rick A said:

What make brand antenna did you use? 

Poynting.  Google it.

Parts list
Scotty Hutto
On 7/29/2021 at 6:20 AM, Jeff H said:

Hello

Where do I find the parts list. I need the manufacturer and model of the driver side mirror for my 06 Diplomat.  I believe the manufacturer is Ramco.

I had new tires put on the rears and while it was at the tire shop the mobile truck backed into the mirror with the boom, enough to move it and damage the chrome on the housing.  The shop was doubtful the did and promised they would "check their cameras" which I, cynically thought was a way to blow me off.  However the manager called the next morning to apologise and say the would take care of it.

Jeff,

I have a 2006 Diplomat and the mirrors on mine are definitely Ramco. I had a tanker truck hit mine and break the arm about 4-5 years ago; called Ramco and ended up removing the mirror and shipping it to them. They replaced the parts,  put humpty dumpty back together and shipped it back in about a week. I was very pleased with the service and the cost of repairs. 

https://www.ramco-eng.com/

Address: 2805 Frederic Dr
Elkhart, IN 46514

Phone: (574) 266-1455
Toll Free: (800) 321-4819
Fax: (574) 266-1420

Intermittent Turbo Issues
top flight

I had a new Turbo installed on my Cummins 325 hp diesel (2007 Vacationer Diesel).  As well as a new exhaust and electronics. Sometimes it works as expected, a lot of the time a warning light comes on and the turbo does not function.  Sometimes when this happens, after a while the turbo starts working normally for a while and then suddenly quits.  Any info as to causes is appreciated.

Macerator pump
Dwight Lindsey

I've been using Surflow macerator pumps.  They last me about 3 - 4 years.  I've been pumping weekly since 2016 and they're holding up.

One big improvement I made is I put a strainer in the shower drain.  It catches my wife's long hair, which was a major cause of failure before that.  When I'd take one of the failed pumps apart, I'd find the impeller wrapped with long hairs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FQ78P4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dwight

Control Module for Dometic Sealand Toilet
pwhittle

Hi Becky,

I am glad the new controller fixed your problem.

Paul

Macerator pump
Paul Busch

Thanks Dwight,

Hair is what  did the SANICON in. It is so hard to reach but I managed to get the front off and remove the blades. I figured it was so old I might as well replace it. I just mounted the new one in the floor of the service bay and left the original one to remove later. The SEAFLO pump is so moist it doesn’t seem it would last long. I I will check the Surflo out .

paulb

Intermittent Turbo Issues
Gary 05 AMB DST

Frozen waste gate?

Gary 05 AMB DST

Smart wheel issues.
rusty@kramermetalfab.com

Thank you both for the help. I will start with checking and cleaning connections. 

No 120 ac into Coach
Timothy

I know one or two of my replies did not post because of spotty cell service. Dwayne asked me a 2nd time and I posted the iota with great reluctantly as I really didn’t need the harangue of not having changed it years ago. Somehow this thread was posted in chassis and handling so it may not have been viewed by many. I do apply all the help and hopefully the issue is temporarily resolved. Timi

No 120 ac into Coach
Dwight Lindsey

Tim:  I also did not heed the many warnings about the IOTA that I'd been hearing here for many years.  Then in 2019 mine melted.  It was really ugly inside and I'm actually surprised it didn't catch fire and burn up the coach.  

So don't feel like you're alone in alone in not heeding the warnings about the IOTA.

Dwight

waterskier_1

Be advised I-70 West of Denver is closed indefinitely (at least through the weekend)  through Glenwood Canyon & possible other locations.  

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.