Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/501-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Take I-40 or I-70 you asked?
Ivylog
Passenger side won't air up. : (
John Haggard
Hypoxia
AGS questions
Hypoxia
Ivylog
AGS questions
Brett63
AGS questions
tmw188
AGS questions
Brett63
Replacing interior Pot Light Bulbs
Patrick
Micro-air Thermostat
Dr4Film
Gen Auto Start
jacwjames
Awning Fabric Replacement
frankogrly
cbr046
'08 Camelot TRAVEL Inflation problem
RustyTools
Nevada Rob
Closet Door Latches
cbr046
Ivylog
RustyTools
John Haggard
Nevada Rob
Gen Auto Start
tmw188
Gen Auto Start
Ivan K
Ivylog
Nevada Rob
Gen Auto Start
tmw188
Microwave update from Ernie
ERNIEMA
David Pratt
Directional signals just stopped working
gregolson65@yahoo.com
transmission code
denny53
Gen Auto Start
Ivan K
Gen Auto Start
tmw188

Ivylog
On 7/31/2021 at 12:32 AM, waterskier_1 said:

Be advised I-70 West of Denver is closed indefinitely (at least through the weekend)  through Glenwood Canyon & possible other locations.  

Looks like the west bound deck’s railing is gone… likely only the east bound (lower level) will open with one lane each direction.

7B9C584E-22DB-4C25-A406-92974CA348EF.jpeg

John Haggard

I don't know your situation. 

But I  have the same system.

The first thing I  do is.

Turn the HWH leveling system off.

Then I start the coach at normal idle untill the oil pressure drops some. Becomes warm enough to normalize. The sometimes high idle. By then the pop off valve relieces and the unit goes into travel mode automatically. 

1. Check the passenger side level arm and valve.

2. Make certain that the HWH is off from the start of process.  and it's in travel mode. Green Light. After airing up fully. 

Then let sit at idle a fee minutes.

Do a search.

There have been several with the same issue.  

Hypoxia

I've been undecided which direction to go westbound this year, guess that may help decide!

AGS questions
Hypoxia

Mine is right beside the Magnum Inverter Charger.  Which model AGS and Charger?

Ivylog

The last reasonable diesel (filled up in both directions) is in Oakley, Kansas on I-70…under $2.90 with the TSD /EFS card and only place I used the card all summer.891AD4B7-517C-4143-83DB-507E243A8C12.thumb.jpeg.c68dab8201f457cba020becaefbf3439.jpeg

AGS questions
Brett63
49 minutes ago, Hypoxia said:

Mine is right beside the Magnum Inverter Charger.  Which model AGS and Charger?

Magnum 2812 and the Magnum MEC-RC

I need to change the remote out for the MEC-ARC just so I can have a bit more tunability. But unless I can figure out why I only have 6.4v it won't matter which remote I have.

AGS questions
tmw188

Just a thought but sounds like it’s only reading one house battery? 

AGS questions
Brett63
35 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

Just a thought but sounds like it’s only reading one house battery? 

But I have 12v house batts....lol

KevinH

I replaced mine three years ago and purchased them on eBay I have had zero failures. As far as removing them. Most of them I was able to turn the glass and replace them. I hade four or five that I had to pry down with a putty knife and pull them out of the ceiling.They also work as a dimmer. I have three puck lights underneath the hall vanity that I forgot to replace I could never figure out why my middle air conditioner would run all the time during the day. Finally figured out that the three vanity lights we’re producing enough heat to kick on the air conditioner because the sensor for the air conditioner is underneath right by the vanity lights. Replaced them with LED never had that issue again. https://www.ebay.com/itm/YITAMOTOR-10-50X-G4-Base-Pin-Reading-Marine-Boat-LED-Light-Bulbs-Pure-Warm-White-/251621202168?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Patrick
3 minutes ago, KevinH said:

I replaced mine three years ago and purchased them on eBay I have had zero failures. As far as removing them. Most of them I was able to turn the glass and replace them. I hade four or five that I had to pry down with a putty knife and pull them out of the ceiling.They also work as a dimmer. I have three puck lights underneath the hall vanity that I forgot to replace I could never figure out why my middle air conditioner would run all the time during the day. Finally figured out that the three vanity lights we’re producing enough heat to kick on the air conditioner because the sensor for the air conditioner is underneath right by the vanity lights. Replaced them with LED never had that issue again. https://www.ebay.com/itm/YITAMOTOR-10-50X-G4-Base-Pin-Reading-Marine-Boat-LED-Light-Bulbs-Pure-Warm-White-/251621202168?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Thanks for the tip!

Micro-air Thermostat
Dr4Film
15 hours ago, Grampy OG said:

Just out of interest does that mean if somebody blew an original a/c they had to replace both or are the old ones still being sold?

The old style Penguin is no longer sold unless someone has really OLD stock left in inventory. However there is a converter board that can be purchased for the new AC so it will run with the old CCC thermostat.

Gen Auto Start
jacwjames

I received a word document from Dr4film with how he has his setting, below is how he has his set up, I have not checked mine yet.  Note that he has no restriction on quite time based on the time he listed.  You will have to get into the programming mode, I believe you press both arrows to get to this mode. 

RC7-GS Remote Panel Programming

·       Search Sense              =     Defeat                                     

·       LBCO                          =     ON                                           

·       Battery Capacity        =     500 amp                                  

·       Battery Type              =     Liquid Lead Acid                      

·       Charge Rate                =     80%                                         

·       Set Shore Power         =     30 amps                                  

·       External Shunt            =     None                                       

·       Fuel gauge Cutout      =     11.8 VDC @ 0% SOC                 

·       Generator Start          =     12.0 or 12.2 VDC                            

·       Generator Stop           =     Auto Float                               

·       Generator Quiet Time =     23:59 & 00:01

You must set clock to military time for Auto Gen Start

Awning Fabric Replacement
frankogrly

I agree with Scotty, call Stone Vos. 

Frank O

01 Endeavor

cbr046

Both front and back won't air up or just one corner?  If just one corner I'd suspect an air bag has cracked.  Can shut engine off and you (or wife) hear any air hissing?  Or connect an air compressor to the towing port (or whatever it's called) you can hear it (vs engine noise).

How recent was the trip from AZ to SD?

Just a thought. 

- bob

RustyTools

Are you saying the ride-height port (in the photo above) feeds one ride-height side, and the other ride-height port (the one next to the PRESSURE port on the flip side) feeds the other ride-height side? 

If so, what's throwing me is that the photo on page 13 of Richard's manual references only ONE ride height port!  And then, shouldn't I be able to swap those 1/4" airlines at the block and see if the problem follows?

While we're at it, the two 3/8" airlines coming off the side of the block are the lines that go direct to the airbags themselves, right?

Nevada Rob

So what is this TDS/EFS card you speak of??

Dr4Film

Ron, the manual says "port(s) meaning there could be two especially for the rear which always has two ride height valves. Whereas the front normally only has one ride height valve.

My Windsor has two in the rear and one in the front. Therefore my 6-Pack HWH valves are setup the same way.

IOTA Automatic Transfer Switch changed. Now there is an electrical problem (short?).
n4248z

I replaced the IOTA with the LYGHT LPT50BRD ATS. I turned off shore power (30amp) and turned off house battery cutoff switch before making the change and then turned both back on. Everything seemed fine. I turned off the shore power and ran the generator. I ran the ac units one at a time. I shut down the generator and turned the shore power back on.

Some background: 2004 Monaco LaPalma. In 2019 I replaced the 2003 XANTREX 81- 2021 inverter with XANTREX 81-2022. In 2020 I replaced the 4 - 6 volt deep cell house batteries.

The inverter is in the rear bay and the batteries are in the next bay with only the compartment wall of the bays separating them. I could hear a loud "electrical hum" that seemed to be from the 300 watt Integrated Power System fuse that is mounted on the common bay wall. A 9 amp draw was displayed on the Progressive EMS LCHW50 that is installed between the 50 amp shore power cord and the ATS. Nothing in the coach was on. Normally there is no amp draw except when putting the rear slide in or out as the coach is "stored" at my residence for the summer. I disconnected the shore power. The battery's status indicator dropped from good to fair. I left things that way overnight. The next day the battery's indicator read even weaker. The cable from the inverter to the fuse and going from the fuse was hot. I turned off the house battery cutoff switch (in the bay with the batteries and fuse) and the humming stopped and the cables cooled down to normal after a period of time.

I load tested each of the batteries with the cables unhooked. They all tested fine. I have a new fuse, but before I change it I need to find the reason for these issues. I know this is difficult to diagnose from a distance. Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Closet Door Latches
cbr046
On 6/29/2021 at 11:34 AM, cbr046 said:

Has anyone replaced with these?

51a2V9ULzqL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Amazon, $5.76 and 15 lbs of pulling force.  Seems like the perfect replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/WOOCH-Magnetic-Stainless-Hardware-Closer-Sliver/dp/B07N2NQ992/

- bob

There's significant force required to open the doors, and without a pulling handle you have to kinda dig your fingers in the crack.  It's not hard, but a handle would be convenient.   

Now for some post-trip feedback . . . .

If the coach rocks enough (and mine rocks a LOT due to some of the places I pull into) the doors will unlatch.  One sliding door unlatched twice and the other once during my 1,600 mile trip.  I'll install a second set of magnetic latches and maybe a pull handle of sorts to make opening easier. 

I forgot to latch the shower door during the trip.  Never thought it would be necessary, but at some point it swung open with enough force to bend the hinge and prevent closing of the door.  Ahhh, another thing to fix! 

- bob

JDCrow

Yeah, they are not cheap. We had bright brass and wanted a bit more modern, clean look. 

5C1E3E54-0AB4-45AA-A22A-6C9E66C6C766.jpeg

Tragic Deadly Accident on I-77 in South Carolina Involving a Monaco Ambassador RV
John Haggard

I hope everyone is OK 👌

Doesn't look promising 😕

Ivylog

It's a trucking fuel discount card that diesel RVers can use. Most of the time GasBuddy's prices are better (usually at Sam's) and I can use a credit card that gives me 5% back... TSD debits your bank account. If you are a truck stop only person, it's worth getting but in 2 years I've used it maybe 5 times (3 times in Oakley ^^^).

https://www.google.com/search?q=tsd+logistics&oq=tsd+logistics&aqs=chrome..69i57j46i175i199i512j0i433i512j0i512l3j46i175i199i512j0i512l2j0i433i512.12751j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Another option is BudFlap that I signed up for but have not used mainly because I'm not paying with my 5% back credit card... 14 cents additional off today. With MudFlap you get a discount code before you get to the station (mostly truck stops) and give that code to the person who then turns on the pump at the lower price.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mud+flap+fuel+discount&oq=mud+flap+fruel+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i13j0i22i30.9458j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Using Kansas City as an example: TSD best price is $2.93, MudFlap is $2.90 and GasBuddy is  $2.60 less 13 cents credit card so $2,47.

The $2.60 price is right off of I-70 and if you can’t get in-out of the pictured station ???????

5918EBD7-FB63-49D3-8544-F773A143A3E0.png

AFB50FF0-18D4-4CCC-9053-43C6A4ECB20C.png

Ivan K
30 minutes ago, RustyTools said:

Are you saying the ride-height port (in the photo above) feeds one ride-height side, and the other ride-height port (the one next to the PRESSURE port on the flip side) feeds the other ride-height side? 

If so, what's throwing me is that the photo on page 13 of Richard's manual references only ONE ride height port!  And then, shouldn't I be able to swap those 1/4" airlines at the block and see if the problem follows?

While we're at it, the two 3/8" airlines coming off the side of the block are the lines that go direct to the airbags themselves, right?

Yes you got it. You can swap the left-right lines for a test. You may also want to swap the corresponding connectors for troubleshooting. It can get confusing.

Tragic Deadly Accident on I-77 in South Carolina Involving a Monaco Ambassador RV
Donflem

Wow unbelievable.🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

John Haggard
2 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

I hope everyone is OK 👌

Doesn't look promising 😕

Everytime we visit Visone or see a video like this.

We realize that our beloved RVs are a split second away from being Trashed 🗑 Junk. 🤭🤫

JDCrow

Blown steer tire? Would they have to hit something very hard to have the house come off like that? 

RustyTools

"Ah-ha!  I See!"  Said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw!

I took the block off again and re-reconfirmed that all ports are clear and solenoids open-and-close.  Onward thru the fog

water valve in bay; backflow valve failed
ERNIEMA

Hi...  I had a friend take the assembly apart.  Ordered the back flow preventer valve from Amazon. about $11.00  one day shipping to arrive today 8/1/21.  My friend will reassemble based on pictures etc.  Thank you all.  

John Haggard

They could have hit a drainage abutment or pole, ditch.

17 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

I hope everyone is OK 👌

Doesn't look promising 😕

Everytime we visit Visone or see a video like this.

We realize that our beloved RVs are a split second away from being Trashed 🗑 Junk. 🤭🤫

ERNIEMA

Suggest Tyron bands or similar on front tires, replace tires after 7 years, buy Michelins, keep speed 60 - 65 , limit daily mileage, recognize when you should stop driving if sleepy.....  I try to follow these.

John Haggard
1 hour ago, cbr046 said:

Both front and back won't air up or just one corner?  If just one corner I'd suspect an air bag has cracked.  Can shut engine off and you (or wife) hear any air hissing?  Or connect an air compressor to the towing port (or whatever it's called) you can hear it (vs engine noise).

How recent was the trip from AZ to SD?

Just a thought. 

- bob

The OP said right side only 

Yes

Nevada Rob

With GasBuddy did you get a card that is linked to your checking account??

Dr4Film
21 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

They could have hit a drainage abutment or pole, ditch.

The video shows the trees that they hit.

The video shows that it happened next to a rest area on I-77. I travel I-77 when going north for the summer and returning south for the winter. That rest area is near the north end of Chester County in South Carolina just south of Rock Hill. I have used those rest area many times in both directions.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/I-77+Rest+area+in+chester+county/@34.7637657,-81.0363082,614m/data=!3m1!1e3

Gen Auto Start
tmw188

Had the manual in hand and it will not go into clock setting mode. 

Gen Auto Start
Ivan K

Did you get into the Setup mode at all?

Ivylog

No, GassBuddy is a APP that finds stations based on the filters you add. You can pay with cash or any credit card but the Sam's MasterCard is the best I've found for fuel...5% back at any station other than Costco.

Each February I get a Email that I can get my cash rewards at a Sam's Club...half mile away in Florida and they count out the hundred dollar bills.

Nevada Rob

Ok. I have the GasBuddy app and use it for fuel in my truck or car. Apparently you can link an account to GasBuddy like Mud flap app and get a discount off of the current price. We get gas at Sam's all the time. I may need to look into their card.

Gen Auto Start
tmw188
28 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Did you get into the Setup mode at all?

No. It will scroll down to Gen Start/Stop but will not enter any of the menus it states in the manual I posted 

47F0E2CC-03E1-4969-8233-EB1BBCE09CC0.jpeg

gregolson65@yahoo.com

Sorry but here is the results of the accident. One killed and unfortunately the person was not wearing a seatbelt. Don't know if it would have helped considering the extensive damage

https://www.wcnc.com/article/traffic/deadly-rv-crash-chester-county-south-carolina/275-4d1ccc1c-422c-481a-9df9-1e53ae25bc27

Microwave update from Ernie
ERNIEMA

Our 2001 Dip had a Sharp microwave that quit.  I tried to post here and search for relevant YouTube videos.  

I now have my new Sharp installed. This is what I learned.

First: contact Sharp, or your brands manufacturer. Have the model number, serial number, date of manufacture all ready to tell them. In my case the last failure was the door latch.... the info was on the inside, but I had luckily written it down.... so if you don't have all that... may I suggest you get it and record it elsewhere.

So with Sharp, I pressed all the right phone buttons and reached a person who provided me with 2 model numbers that were exact replacements.

I bought the first one suggested from Amazon.

I removed the trim above my unit and discovered the steel frame of my slideout. That turned out to be wrong & unnecessary.

For me, there was about a long 1x1 inch piece of trim right above my unit. Discovered that slides out; no nails or screws; just wedged in.

I also took off the plastic vent from across the top.

After looking at the replacement unit we realized the back plate supplied was also likely on the wall of the coach. That turned out to be true. We left it and used it and threw out the new back plate.

Using a flashlight we discovered 2 screws at the back left and right corners accessible by a 15 inch extension to our screw driver put through where the vent had been removed.  We took them out. The unit remained in place.

Looking at the bottom of the new unit and the back of the new unit.... the key: 2 very long rods threaded for about an inch... we looked at the unit still hanging... they were there too!

So as we removed those 2 screws the old unit came loose.  My helper is 6 ft 3 inch and strong.  He literally grabbed it and took it out of the coach.

Later we realized the first 2 screws we removed were from fittings that had remained on the old unit. We removed those 2 fittings and discovered threaded nuts were at the same places on the back top of the new unit.

So, we found new screws about 1.5 inches in the install hardware kit that fit those brackets and tightened the old L shaped brackets onto the top of the new unit.

Due to my friends strength we did not use the shipping box as it is described as part of the install.  He set it on the back plate and screwed in one of the top brackets, then the 2nd. Then the 2 in-place long bolts.  

And I had fed the electric line in when he placed the unit on the back plate.

Summary: 4 screws  2 short, 2 long that are part of the unit, and the setting on the back plate.  That is the whole thing.

The key is calling the manufacturer and getting their exact replacement. 

Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes.

My helper is a self-employed general handyman. I gave him $250.  He will fix my intake water back flow problem tomorrow.

Ernie Maier

248 789 5808

David Pratt

Have you done a Master Reset for the HWH System. Do that first before you keep shooting in the dark.

millionroy

Just returned from a short trip and just as we got home, noticed neither turn signal was working, but were still clicking as they normally do.  Brake lights ok.  Neither turn signal on RV or towed are working to include the dashboard turn signal indicator.  Since I am electrically challenged, hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.  2001 HR Endeavor w/ 2003 Honda Element.

Followup on coolant system capacity, after draining, flushing it took 10.5 gallons of Peak Final Charge and still don't know how much was still in the engine block.

Thanks.

Chuck B

What a tragic event.  Please let us all be mindful of the need for seat belts.  Respectively, Chuck Boros 2004 Windsor

vito.a

Very sad indeed.  A tragic loss for this family.  

gregolson65@yahoo.com

I had a problem with mine not working either almost the exact symptoms and the Tilt steering harness for the signals and flasher was loose and not fully connected. Mine is a 2003 Monaco Windsor. So don't know if you have like a five pin connector there or not.

transmission code
denny53

has anyone with Allison 4000 transmission have the code 6340 I think it has something with the service brake and the retarder. thanks 

Mike H

That's really scary.  It sure would be interesting to know what the actual cause was and not have a lot of speculation.   At 6:30am it could be a lot of different things from mechanical to medical or even trying to avoid a deer in the road.  It's difficult seeing the entire house coming right off the chassis like that.

Gen Auto Start
Ivan K

Hold the UP and Down buttons simultaneously until you get a beep.

Gen Auto Start
tmw188

I can try that, but from what I’m reading that sets the start/run parameters in memory pg18.

Dr4Film
33 minutes ago, millionroy said:

Followup on coolant system capacity, after draining, flushing it took 10.5 gallons of Peak Final Charge and still don't know how much was still in the engine block.

Most likely somewhere between 1.5 - 2 gallons.

Gen Auto Start
Ivan K

That is how you get in and out of the Setup. Do it and see for yourself.

Ivylog

Only the second time I’ve seen where the house separated from the chassis on a Monaco/Beaver, but it’s a aluminum house bolted to the chassis on rigs below a Dynasty… S-10 chassis are all steel.

cbr046

Before 6 am well outside the city so hardly any traffic.  It would still be quite dark and everyone would have their headlights on.  Deer could be active but they usually stay on the shoulder (after hopping the fence).  Looks like Northbound from the shadows.  

But to drive up the embankment far enough to hit the trees, spin a 15 ton RV 180 degrees and completely separate the house from the chassis would take a LOT of speed . . . . . I'll throw sudden cardiac arrest into the speculation pool.

Very sad indeed.  Prayers for the families involved. 

- bob

Gen Auto Start
tmw188
44 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

That is how you get in and out of the Setup. Do it and see for yourself.

I’ll certainly try, but manual then is messed up. 

gregolson65@yahoo.com
37 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

Before 6 am well outside the city so hardly any traffic.  It would still be quite dark and everyone would have their headlights on.  Deer could be active but they usually stay on the shoulder (after hopping the fence).  Looks like Northbound from the shadows.  

But to drive up the embankment far enough to hit the trees, spin a 15 ton RV 180 degrees and completely separate the house from the chassis would take a LOT of speed . . . . . I'll throw sudden cardiac arrest into the speculation pool.

Very sad indeed.  Prayers for the families involved. 

- bob

Even in my own vehicles large or small, I never swerve to avoid any animal. It is just too much risk to hurt yourself in a collision with another vehicle or trees and a ditch. Insurance is cheap, but lives are not. No speculation here just some other advice at what i do.

Jim Bob

Prayers for the families and everyone else involved.  This can be a VERY traumatic scene to be involved with.  I like to think that perhaps my Dynasty with a steel structure might have performed better but the physics of a heavy moving object hitting a large tree are just not there.  Just be thankful for each day and hug your loved ones tight.

Inverter Issue
jacwjames

I'm stuck & confused

I am trying to determine the 120 volt wiring for the rear bath/bedroom area.  I' have determined that the 5 outlets along the passenger side are all daisy chained starting from the TV box area.   This includes the outlet in the basement compartment, which is the end of this circuit. 

The wire that feeds this comes down from the ceiling.  From there I don't know how the wire is routed and where it is spliced into the circuit that feeds the bed headboard outlets. 

There is a JBox in the engine compartment this has 2 sets of wires that go to come from under the bed were there is another Jbox.  2 sets of wire come down from the rear cap, both 12-2 Romex, one has orange top on it the other has yellow.  There is one 12-2 romex wire feeding the Jbox under the bed and a pair of orange & yellow wires spliced onto the second romex wire feeding under the bed.  I suspect that for some reason they are back feeding from the Jbox under the bed back up into the area behind the rear cap.  Not sure where the wires may go as I've accounted for all the outlets (that I know of). 

Does anyone know how the wires are routed in the ceiling.  I took one speaker out but that didn't help.  I have a tone generator and I can trace the wires but that doesn't tell me how they are spliced together.  I've looked at the wiring diagrams in the download section and none that I've seen show the J Box and wire routing in the engine compartment. 

My only choice, if I can't figure out how the wiring is run, is to run new wire from the inverter sub panel, to the TV box and then through the back of the closet and then down on the drivers side and try and it into the existing wire for he bedroom slide. 

Gen Auto Start
jacwjames

I agree on the manual, it is not very clear.  I made an attempt set mine up but I think I had one of the settings wrong as to at what voltage to start the generator.  

But if you hold both the UP/Down buttons in it will show the setup screen.  Once you start scrolling through the options it becomes easier to understand. 

Gen Auto Start
tmw188

Oh I will try it for sure. Kind of under the weather today but look fwd to trying it. It’s amazing how much stuff is not thorough enough to follow and you have to navigate around it all. Thanks to the forums! 

Inverter Issue
cbr046

Don't forget to check it both ways, maybe even interrupt the wiring half way through the chain, then ohm it to the source then to the end.  Obviously (because you already have), make sure the breaker is off . . . maybe even check for voltage on source wiring to ground, both hot and neutral, before ohming.

- bob

Inverter Issue
Cubflyer

If the "rules" on Motorhome construction follows home building and other industries, there should be no "slices" outside of "j" boxes and no "j" boxes should be buried, they should all be accessible (but may be well hidden).  That said, I just noticed an outlet behind the radiator in the back of the coach (and a plug hanging there unplugged,... engine block heater??) 

Ken

Inverter Issue
jacwjames

That is what I did, the 5 circuits that I've Isolated are good and isolated from the rest of the circuits.  Now trying to fix the other circuits.  I don't believe it is a problem in the outlets or Jboxes.  So it must be a problem in the wiring in the ceiling. 

In the past I've had problems with mice, I now they were in the ceiling also, so it may be a wire that was partially nawed threw and then finally shorted.  Just odd the way it happened. 

Inverter Issue
cbr046
5 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

. . . may be a wire that was partially nawed threw and then finally shorted. 

That's the stuff fires are made of! 

- b

Inverter Issue
Cubflyer

But you are not tripping any circuit breakers... a shorted wire 'should'..... 

if you can, (and have not already) disconnect every wire (in the circuit that is bad) and meter each one individually..... you should be able to meter each one from point "A" to "B" (one end to the other)... which will help to find out where each one starts and ends and may surprise you with a component you did not know was there....

Wish I could be there to help as this is best done with two people....

Ken

Dennis H

Thanks everyone. The trip from Arizona was in April. The coach has been sitting aired down since then. This morning I went and checked all the fuses, reset the HWH system and started up the coach. I was able to raise it using the keypad without leveling. I then turned the engine off and watched the HWH key pad. Eventually the right side yellow light came back on telling me I was losing air on that side. I aired it back up and shut everything off and walked around the coach listening for an air leak. Bingo! air escaping near the passenger drive axle. Aired it back up again and began a search. Found my rear air bag has a leak. Tomorrow I'm going to be making some phone calls for repairs. I know the bags are Firestone bags. Anyone have a part number.? My concern at this time is availability of product. I'm thinking I might have all 10 replaced but don't know how much that will set me back. Perhaps someone will chime in that's recently had one replaced. While I'm glad I've determined the cause, I'm hoping the cure will be somewhat painless....Thanks again....Dennis

Inverter Issue
jacwjames

I've been trying to think how the wiring is run during construction.  My guess is the circuits in the ceiling are run prior to it being installed and they left long pig tails to pull as it was put on the coach (just a guess).  So the Jbox in the engine compartment may be where they tie the chassis and cap together.  So one wire going down feeds the bedroom slide circuit and the other goes back up to feed the TV circuit and the rest of the outlets.  That's the only thing that makes sense as to the wire count.  in the Jbox and the yellow/orange tap to identify which is which. 

I don't understand why the breaker would not trip, it was on a GFCI which is usually pretty sensitive.  I even swapped breakers. 

I believe I've got it narrowed down and will run a new wire and check that side of the circuit first.  I'll then attach the other outlets. 

Inverter Issue
Cubflyer

Sounds like you have it under control.  I have noticed the orange romex and the yellow romex..... not sure why the different colors... or if there is any reason or difference or significance..... if there is and you figure it out please let me (us) know....

Ken 

Inverter Issue
jacwjames

When my coach was built they only had white romex for the 14 & 12 awg wires (maybe more). 

Romex today comes in different sheathing colors to make it easier to identify as the gauge. 

14 awg is white 15 amp circuits

12 awg is yellow  20 amp circuits

10 awg is orange 30 amp circuits

When I was wire my new house I had used 2 or 3 rolls of older awg wire, the sheathing was white.  When the inspector came to do the rough-in inspection he said I had used the wrong wire, I told him it was older 12 awg wire which he was fine with.   But I had to remember this while I was doing the final connections.  The only 15 amp circuit I used was for the fire/smoke alarm circuit. 

In my case the romex was all white but the installers used orange and yellow tape to mark the two romex wires. 

Aux gas connection
fredelkamp

We recently had our Norcold 1210 converted to a 12 compressor, making available a capped off gas line that I think would be perfect for installing an aux gas connection to use on our Blackstone griddle. Would this work, has anyone done this and what kind of hardware will I need?

IMG_0504.jpg

Aux gas connection
tmw188

Yes I have done the same thing on a different coach. Some parts you’ll need. Plan on doing it to this coach too.

0BA8A47A-E6CC-4E68-8E47-3B48BE65D51D.png

BACFE7A0-FF87-4F35-96F6-0162A99078B0.png

BEBF9A8B-116C-4B2B-8D06-0B3001B2D554.png

EB5DBECC-F0B5-44F9-B7EE-ED7504095E05.png

448387C7-696A-46B1-92CB-4A0A9D05E4E7.png

DF3CED4D-4887-4779-8904-142C037717E9.png

millionroy

Further information--Hazard lights are working perfectly, clicking noise working on both hazards and directionals, but no lights  from directionals anywhere.

Rear Air Tank Replacement
tomfreeman56

Thanks, all for the recommendations.  I have been told not weld the tank due to the high pressure and it is probably rusted from the inside out.  I have talked to Source Engineering but they didn't know who might have made it.  REV said the manufacturer is Johnson Welded Products P/N 6901, but they no longer make this tank. I plan to call them Monday and see what suggestions they have.  We are going to take the air tank down next week and take to a truck parts center in Raleigh or Fayetteville and see what they can find.  Hopefully there is some additional information on the top of the tank.  If so, I will post what is on it so hopefully it might help someone else. Thanks.

Aux gas connection
nocreek141

I would be surprised if you investigated you would find a low pressure stub below the LP tank fill. Normally located under the coach, but easily accessed and stubbed out and capped 1/2" black iron pipe. Check it out. Mine was located there. I have '06 Cayman. Used some of the same item that are listed in the preceeding posts. I run my blackstone off of it. Good luck.

WCourand

We had a similar problem last month while driving through Denver.  Turn signals and flashers stopped working.  When we arrived at our destination I started looking for the flasher to check numbers and possibly purchase a new one.  After some searching I located a unit that had no visible marking or numbers on it.  When I removed the unit it was not seated all the way in the socket.  After it was removed I saw it was the flasher unit, I wrote down the model number and replaced  the flasher in its socket, making sure it was fully seated.  Then checked the flasher and it was working fine.  Went ahead and bought a replacement just in case , never needed it.  Maybe check the flasher and make sure it is fully seated, located in front electric bay on my 2007 Executive.

Inverter Issue
Cubflyer

I'm embarrassed ! ... Showing my age..... I have not wired a house or even shopped/purchased any romex since 1998.... and that was is Mississippi... they are probably still usin' and sellin' white sheathing wire in all sizes....🤪

Aux gas connection
tmw188

Find the shortest route however you do it. The parts I listed are low pressure. 

Aux gas connection
Ivylog

Removed the oven/ cooktop and installed a induction cooktop plus storage below. Bought a single burner propane portable that we use inside hooked to the unused rubber hose … valve and a type C quick connect. Type C because I use my airline to supply propane to a portable campfire and the burner if using outside off the propane outlet in the fuel bay. Yes, I blow the air hose out before putting air in a tire.

Rear Air Tank Replacement
Ivylog

130 psi is not high pressure… I would weld it.

Aux gas connection
fredelkamp

Thanks for all the great replies!

Aux gas connection
fredelkamp
2 hours ago, tmw188 said:

Yes I have done the same thing on a different coach. Some parts you’ll need. Plan on doing it to this coach too.

<snip>

DF3CED4D-4887-4779-8904-142C037717E9.png

What would I need to connect this Quick Connect Adapter to my copper pipe in the picture? A 3/8" Flare x 1/4" Male Pipe brass tube fitting?

Anderson Metals 54048-0604 Brass Tube Fitting, Half-Union, 3/8" Flare x 1/4" Male Pipe

Aux gas connection
Ivylog

I would not rely on just a quick connect on a propane line… add a ball valve before it.

D5A2133D-6501-4389-B338-553B1CB35849.png

Aux gas connection
tmw188

Either one, the QD has a ball valve in it and is for LP and NG. It’s not a air fitting. You can buy what you need at any big box along with the gas valve above. 

millionroy

Thank you.  I will check that.  My flashers are working fine.  My high/low beam is working, but dash high beam light doesn't work.  Neither directional or the dash indicator are working.  I know the dash bulbs are fine because they're bright and normal when flashers are on.

Dash air
dennis.mcdonaugh

I've ran a new P/S hose from the hydraulic reservoir in the rear, to the steering gear box and it really wasn't that difficult.  It took me about five to six hours and half of that was emptying and removing the ceiling from the basement compartments.

Aux gas connection
fredelkamp

Thanks everyone, I went with the propane shutoff valve with a quick connect and the 3/8" Flare x 1/4" Male Pipe brass tube fitting to adapt it my fitting,  we'll see when it all gets here if it all works.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.