“Furnace” mode doesn’t show up on 5 button Comfort Controllers

Patrick

I do not get an option of Furnace on either of my two 5 button Comfort Controls. The modes I get are Off, Fan Only, Cool, Heat Pump. I have the optional Aqua Hot system which I turned on and am plugged in to 50 amp power. 

The Heat Pump option provides good heat but I’d like to get the furnace working for the upcoming cooler months. 

What am I missing? I’ve only had the rv for 10 days and I am on a steep learning curve. 

Turn off the power switch on the bottom of the thermostat. Hold both the top and bottom buttons in at the same time with one hand and turn it back on with the other. Let go of the buttons and you should see FF in the screen if it reset correctly. Then go through your modes to find the Furness. Let me know if that works.

Tim 

7 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

Turn off the power switch on the bottom of the thermostat. Hold both the top and bottom buttons in at the same time with one hand and turn it back on with the other. Let go of the buttons and you should see FF in the screen if it reset correctly. Then go through your modes to find the Furness. Let me know if that works.

Tim 

Thanks.  I did the reset procedure and still don’t have Furnace as an option. The other modes remain but the set points were reset to the defaults. 

I'm sorry, That's all I have. You can try cleaning the phone jack plugs on the thermostat but I doubt that is the problem. You might try resetting your Aqua Hot and then reset the thermostat again. 

AHE-100-02S Service Manual Rev. B 9-27-2011.pdf AHE-100-02S_Parts_Manuals_Rev_B.pdf AHE-100-02SAqua-HotOwnersManual05-02.pdf

28 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Since you may not know if the furnace ever worked, I would check the dip switch on control board up there to see if furnace is even selected.

I got Furnace to show up and work on the bedroom controller. I had to click on zone to select zone 2 and then it showed up. The bedroom controller shows zones 1 and 2.  The controller opposite the fridge only shows zone 1 and does not give me the Furnace option. 

I swapped the controllers around, putting the bedroom one in the main galley and vice versa. No difference. 

Where are the dip located and what should they be set at?

Thanks for your help!

47 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

I'm sorry, That's all I have. You can try cleaning the phone jack plugs on the thermostat but I doubt that is the problem. You might try resetting your Aqua Hot and then reset the thermostat again. 

AHE-100-02S Service Manual Rev. B 9-27-2011.pdf 5.18 MB · 1 download AHE-100-02S_Parts_Manuals_Rev_B.pdf 1.31 MB · 0 downloads AHE-100-02SAqua-HotOwnersManual05-02.pdf 298.89 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the manuals!

13 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

Is this coach new to you? Has the furnace shown up before on the thermostat?

Yes it is. Just 10 days into ownership. 

17 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

I understand that you swapped the thermostats. The dip switch settings are done on the board inside the ac unit itself. Depending on your model, it may look like or similar to the pic.

image.thumb.png.a47bc8900a02a12a9b00d9100d63276d.png

Thank you. Where do I access this control board? Up on the roof or inside?

The earlier post shows the board that is located on the A/C unit on the roof. The back A/C must be correct as you have the furnace working. I highly doubt the front A/C would be wrong unless it has been changed out. If that is the case there will be a dip switch marked Furnace. Make sure it is on.

7 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

The earlier post shows the board that is located on the A/C unit on the roof. The back A/C must be correct as you have the furnace working. I highly doubt the front A/C would be wrong unless it has been changed out. If that is the case there will be a dip switch marked Furnace. Make sure it is on.

Thanks!  I am unable to access the roof at the moment but will check the DIP switches when I get home. The PO did say that they recently had the AC units serviced so maybe the settings are incorrect. 

thanks again!

Your aquahot furnace will only be controlled by one thermostat, as you mentioned earlier, it seems to be controlled by the bedroom thermostat which has  2 zones available. Zone 1 will control 1 A/C unit, zone 2 will control a further A/C unit plus the furnace. The second thermostat will control a 3rd A/C.

1 hour ago, hitechpete said:

Your aquahot furnace will only be controlled by one thermostat, as you mentioned earlier, it seems to be controlled by the bedroom thermostat which has  2 zones available. Zone 1 will control 1 A/C unit, zone 2 will control a further A/C unit plus the furnace. The second thermostat will control a 3rd A/C.

Thanks. The bedroom thermostat does seem to be the master control unit. The other thermostat will not function unless I set it first on the bedroom one. 

When I set the bedroom unit on Furnace, the furnace comes on and blows warm air through the bedroom and bathroom floor vents, but not those in the main living area. I’d obviously like to get the warm air coming out the living area and kitchen vents also. 

Not sure what to do. I’ll be able To get up on the roof and look at the dip switches this weekend. 

Any advice is much appreciated. 

I bet your Aqua Hot has 3 zone pumps as any I have seen so you would have 3 furnace zones. Each one corresponding to each of your 3 AC units. The living room thermostat controls AH heat for living room and dash. You just need to get the dip switch verified. I don't know what you mean by master, they are independent. You just can't have one zone set to cool and the other to heat on the same thermostat, I believe. That would not make much sense anyway.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:51 AM, Patrick said:

I do not get an option of Furnace on either of my two 5 button Comfort Controls. The modes I get are Off, Fan Only, Cool, Heat Pump. I have the optional Aqua Hot system which I turned on and am plugged in to 50 amp power. 

The Heat Pump option provides good heat but I’d like to get the furnace working for the upcoming cooler months. 

What am I missing? I’ve only had the rv for 10 days and I am on a steep learning curve. 

I have the same but different problem. After the A/C’s were removed and reinstalled to reseal the roof the #2 unit (bedroom) would not show heat pump. Skipped from air conditioner to heater when rotating through modes. I reset the thermostat with no improvement. I can’t imagine the dip switches being changed but stranger things….. Any ideas?

Interestingly, when I did a generator exercise I put the front unit on heat and the bedroom one on A/C but the rear one produced heat from the heat pump. Evidently the front unit dominates or calls the shots so you can’t select cooling on one and heat on the other. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks for the video of where the dip switches are. I’ll check them out when I get home.

Ed.            
‘05 HR Ambassador

I bought a used 2005 HR Scepter in 2019, and one of my furnaces wouldn't show up.  Turns out the dip switches needed to be SET.  As I recall, I accessed them from inside the coach.  But it was clear that the factory in 2005 had never set them, as the user's manual was still stuffed inside the furnace on the outside and probably would have started a fire if the furnace had EVER been use.  The coach had spent its life in Southern California and Phoenix, so I guess no one ever wanted heat???  FYI.

3 hours ago, daveyjo said:

I bought a used 2005 HR Scepter in 2019, and one of my furnaces wouldn't show up.  Turns out the dip switches needed to be SET.  As I recall, I accessed them from inside the coach.  But it was clear that the factory in 2005 had never set them, as the user's manual was still stuffed inside the furnace on the outside and probably would have started a fire if the furnace had EVER been use.  The coach had spent its life in Southern California and Phoenix, so I guess no one ever wanted heat???  FYI.

The heat pump worked before the roof resealing. I don’t see how the dip switch could have been changed during that work but I will check it out when I get home.

Ed

’05 HR Ambassador 

Thanks to the help of the forum, I was able to resolve my problem with Furnace not showing up on the Living/Kitchen area Comfort Control. I got up on the roof this morning and opened up the control box on the front AC.  Sure enough, the DIP switch for Furnace was not activated. When the Dometic AC unit was replaced by the PO the installer did not set the DIP switch correctly. Turned on the DIP switch for Furnace and voila, Furnace now shows up and starts up on the Living/Kitchen Comfort Control. 

Many thanks for all who replied! I would not have been able to figure this out on my own. 

On 8/2/2021 at 10:47 AM, Timaz996 said:

This video will show you where the board in located on the A/C. Just make sure the furnace dip switch is on. It's only four screws to take the top off the A/C.

Thanks to your help I was able to resolve my problem with Furnace not showing up on the Living/Kitchen area Comfort Control. I got up on the roof this morning and opened up the control box on the front AC.  Sure enough, the DIP switch for Furnace was not activated. When the Dometic AC unit was replaced by the PO the installer did not set the DIP switch correctly. Turned on the DIP switch for Furnace and voila, Furnace now shows up and starts up on the Living/Kitchen Comfort Control. 

Many thanks for your help! I would not have been able to figure this out on my own.