Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/502-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Microwave update from Ernie
glang11082
Dash air
Hypoxia
AGS questions
Hypoxia
Replacing interior Pot Light Bulbs
SigPIlot
Patrick
Take I-40 or I-70 you asked?
seadoo200hp
Intellitec EMS issue
Jim McGarvie
Intellitec EMS issue
Jim McGarvie
Intellitec EMS issue
Dr4Film
Gen Auto Start
Dr4Film
Gen Auto Start
tmw188
Gen Auto Start
Dr4Film
Inverter Issue
jacwjames
Gen Auto Start
tmw188
Intellitec EMS issue
Jim McGarvie
Moonwink
Load Shedding
tmw188
Load Shedding
Dr4Film

Microwave update from Ernie
glang11082

What model # did you buy new?

Dash air
Hypoxia
On 7/29/2021 at 9:15 PM, BobSchmeck said:

Jim C

We plan on being back home after the Albuquerque baloon Festival in October.  God willing.  

Always looking to learn, do you except bribes for education & tool loans.  That's the preferred way over trial & error.

PM me when you are in town.  We come & go quite a bit.

Tragic Deadly Accident on I-77 in South Carolina Involving a Monaco Ambassador RV
moxy1962

Incredible, to tear the superstructure from the frame must have been an incredible amount of force, the tree clearly deflected the coach, how fast would it have had to of been travelling to spin her around and send the chassis backwards another hundred feet from the superstructure, just incredible. I would hope my Dynasty would fair better in a similar collision. I’ve had a steer tire blow if that’s what caused the departure from the road, in my blow out I was able to maintain control at highway speed and get to the shoulder safely, I’ve often wondered if the fact I had a car hauler behind me help maintain control. Regardless sad day for our RV community 😔 

AGS questions
Hypoxia

Do you have a voltmeter, VOM?  

I normally remove the remote and hook it up at the inverter with a different data wire, frequently the wire is pinched somewhere.  Call Magnum Tech support.

Front and Rear Air bag part numbers
ncsteve

A shop should not have any issues installing this. The air bags are attached by 4 bolts, 2 on btm and 2 on top. The shocks are, well shocks, bolt on top and on btm. The ping tanks mounts with bracket that is included and does not require any drilling. Really straightforward install.

There is more info on the installation here

Tragic Deadly Accident on I-77 in South Carolina Involving a Monaco Ambassador RV
Ivylog

It appears the R front tire blew sending the rig up the hill with the L front hitting the trees. The house kept going partially separating from the chassis which bounced back, turning 150 degrees bring the house with it as it separated completely. I don’t understand how the R rear wheel is full of dirt although the grass is disturbed (above the spotlight on the cop car) just before it hit the trees???

AA5FD2DD-CBD9-4FEA-8964-CB0DCBBDF844.png

59BCA3BE-2A37-4D38-B569-E156258F770F.png

SigPIlot

I replaced the halogen bulb only with an LED replacement bulb IN 2017. Kept the original receptacle. The retrofit Samsung LED's plug right in. Think I bought about 80. Dimmable and come in ww, cool w, natural.  I used warm white on the wood surfaces and natural light everywhere else (galley, heads, closets). Had no problems so far. M4products. com. Good service, located in Chatsworth, CA.

Chuck B

It is evident to me that excessive speed was the problem.  60 mph should be the maximum speed a motor home should travel on the Blvd, including a limited access interstate highway.  I live in Southern Mississippi where I 59 goes through the center of our city.  The speed limit is 75 mph.  Add to that some people want to travel at least 5 mph over the speed limit.  Even in my truck, I never go over 60 mph.  In the past 10 years I have seen several motor home wrecks where the coach leaves the road headed for the nearest ditch or tree.  Not a pretty outcome for the passengers.  One such accident was a coach which had 10 passengers in it.  Almost wiped out an entire family.  Those who survived lives will never be the same.  

If you travel 60 mph, in one hour you would be doing good to travel 60 miles.  70 mph, 70 miles.  Plus the added stress that might come from driving that fast.  For me, half the fun is getting to my destination.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Patrick
26 minutes ago, SigPIlot said:

I replaced the halogen bulb only with an LED replacement bulb IN 2017. Kept the original receptacle. The retrofit Samsung LED's plug right in. Think I bought about 80. Dimmable and come in ww, cool w, natural.  I used warm white on the wood surfaces and natural light everywhere else (galley, heads, closets). Had no problems so far. M4products. com. Good service, located in Chatsworth, CA.

Thanks!

Take I-40 or I-70 you asked?
seadoo200hp
21 hours ago, Ivylog said:

No, GassBuddy is a APP that finds stations based on the filters you add. You can pay with cash or any credit card but the Sam's MasterCard is the best I've found for fuel...5% back at any station other than Costco.

Each February I get a Email that I can get my cash rewards at a Sam's Club...half mile away in Florida and they count out the hundred dollar bills.

Hi Ivylog.  You also have to be a Plus member which is $100 cost per year.  I recoup that charge fairly quickly.  Costco and some other grocery based gas stations like the family of Kroger/ King Soopers/ Ralph's, Safeway and BJ's etc., you will only get 1% cashback but there are plenty of others where 5% is accepted and I love the 3% Sam's gives cash back for most in store purchases.  Here is some of the small print.  

Category Percentages for Eligible Purchases

5% CASH BACK ON FUEL AT GAS STATIONS

For each Reward Period, you will earn 5% Cash Back on your first $6,000 spent on Eligible Purchases at Gas Stations. Thereafter you’ll earn 1% Cash Back on Eligible Purchases for the remainder of that Reward Period.

“Gas Stations” (or fuel stations) are generally merchants identified by their MCC as “Service Stations” or “Automated Fuel Dispensers.” Gas Stations do not include merchants of aviation or other non-automotive fuels.

For a list of exclusions, please log into your account at www.samsclubcredit.com/login or call the phone number on the back of your Card.

FishAR
3 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

It is evident to me that excessive speed was the problem.  60 mph should be the maximum speed a motor home should travel on the Blvd, including a limited access interstate highway.  I live in Southern Mississippi where I 59 goes through the center of our city.  The speed limit is 75 mph.  Add to that some people want to travel at least 5 mph over the speed limit.  Even in my truck, I never go over 60 mph.  In the past 10 years I have seen several motor home wrecks where the coach leaves the road headed for the nearest ditch or tree.  Not a pretty outcome for the passengers.  One such accident was a coach which had 10 passengers in it.  Almost wiped out an entire family.  Those who survived lives will never be the same.  

If you travel 60 mph, in one hour you would be doing good to travel 60 miles.  70 mph, 70 miles.  Plus the added stress that might come from driving that fast.  For me, half the fun is getting to my destination.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

I can't count the number of big pushers that have blown by me doing 80 on my way to Florida while I'm tooling along going 63 mph pulling my big fifth wheel. Some of them pulling full size crew cab trucks.

Intellitec EMS issue
Jim McGarvie

We have an Intellitec 50 AMP Smart Energy Management System (EMS) Model 750. We are currently plugged into a good (verified by Progressive PT50C)  30A receptacle. At one point our EMS indicated a 50A source rather than 30. I started the generator and the panel correctly indicated "GEN SET", but when I killed the gennie it went back to indicating 50A.

I was able to reset it by killing all power (AC and DC), waiting a bit, then re-establishing power. It indicated normally for a day or so, then went back to the 50A indication. I tried the reset procedure again, twice, but this time it didn't help.

So my questions are, what causes this malfunction, and how can I fix it? Do I need a new control board?

Thanks.

Jim

John Haggard
13 minutes ago, FishAR said:

I can't count the number of big pushers that have blown by me doing 80 on my way to Florida while I'm tooling along going 63 mph pulling my big fifth wheel. Some of them pulling full size crew cab trucks.

I like 👍 63 mph 

Intellitec EMS issue
Jim McGarvie

Disregard. Problem solved. I found a post on IRV2 which said all circuit breakers must be on for the EMS panel to function normally. I had turned off the circuit breaker for the front A/C because it is running continuously (another issue; stuck relay maybe?). I turned that breaker back on and the EMS panel is now indicating correctly.

Dr4Film
1 hour ago, Ivylog said:

It appears the R front tire blew sending the rig up the hill with the L front hitting the trees. The house kept going partially separating from the chassis which bounced back, turning 150 degrees bring the house with it as it separated completely. I don’t understand how the R rear wheel is full of dirt although the grass is disturbed (above the spotlight on the cop car) just before it hit the trees???

I agree that the main cause for the coach leaving the highway was the right front tire. You can see in the video numerous SC Highway Patrol looking at that tire.

The coach was traveling southbound according to the news article whereas one posted stated they thought it was traveling northbound based on shadows.

The initial impact obliterated the front cap and most likely caused the house part to breakaway from the chassis. Then due to the mass, weight and momentum of the coach it spun around and since the chassis is heavier and now separated it kept traveling southbound leaving the house part on the side of the road bank.

Regarding the dirt in the right rear dual wheel that could have happened prior to the collision.

I will be passing this location and may even use the rest area on my way back to Florida in October.

Directional signals just stopped working
millionroy

Had to remove dash to find relay (flasher) and found two, Grote Electronic Flasher 44690.  One for hazard lights and the other for the flasher. Swapped them and volah, we have directionals.  On my way to Advance Auto Parts in Asheville to pick up a new 44690.

Thanks all.

Roy

Intellitec EMS issue
Dr4Film

Use the thermostat to turn off the AC not the circuit breaker.

“Furnace” mode doesn’t show up on 5 button Comfort Controllers
Patrick

I do not get an option of Furnace on either of my two 5 button Comfort Controls. The modes I get are Off, Fan Only, Cool, Heat Pump. I have the optional Aqua Hot system which I turned on and am plugged in to 50 amp power. 

The Heat Pump option provides good heat but I’d like to get the furnace working for the upcoming cooler months. 

What am I missing? I’ve only had the rv for 10 days and I am on a steep learning curve. 

gregolson65@yahoo.com
25 minutes ago, FishAR said:

I will be very honest. When I first bought my coach and new to RV life. I was going at the speed limit or higher just like being in my car. But after driving and reading other member posts, i slowed down quite a bit and use TPMS as a another safety feature. But at first I was guilty of being fast.

Gary M
On 8/1/2021 at 7:13 AM, KevinH said:

I replaced mine three years ago and purchased them on eBay I have had zero failures. As far as removing them. Most of them I was able to turn the glass and replace them. I hade four or five that I had to pry down with a putty knife and pull them out of the ceiling.They also work as a dimmer. I have three puck lights underneath the hall vanity that I forgot to replace I could never figure out why my middle air conditioner would run all the time during the day. Finally figured out that the three vanity lights we’re producing enough heat to kick on the air conditioner because the sensor for the air conditioner is underneath right by the vanity lights. Replaced them with LED never had that issue again. https://www.ebay.com/itm/YITAMOTOR-10-50X-G4-Base-Pin-Reading-Marine-Boat-LED-Light-Bulbs-Pure-Warm-White-/251621202168?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Wow those are the ones I bought first and all failed. They all started flashing like strobe lights one by one after two months.

Timaz996

Have you tried resetting your thermostats?

Tim

Patrick
1 minute ago, Timaz996 said:

Have you tried resetting your thermostats?

Tim

No, I haven’t. How does one go about doing that?

Gen Auto Start
Dr4Film

Not sure what version manual you have for the RC7-GS but BOTH of my manuals clearly state in order to access the Set-up Menu, press and hold the up and down arrows simultaneously for 5 seconds until you hear a Beep. Then use the up OR down arrow to scroll through the different settings.

If you need either or both of the manuals I have just ask.

Timaz996

Turn off the power switch on the bottom of the thermostat. Hold both the top and bottom buttons in at the same time with one hand and turn it back on with the other. Let go of the buttons and you should see FF in the screen if it reset correctly. Then go through your modes to find the Furness. Let me know if that works.

Tim 

moxy1962

I run between 105 and 110kph, which is max 68 mph, coach seems to cruise well at that speed, just so happens that is 10% below tires recommended speed, for me it is a nice relaxed speed, typically I am one of the slower rigs on the road, when I do get passed by other coaches I’ll admit I shake my head that anyone would drive 70 plus mph in something so big and cumbersome. I have tpms and while I get comfort from some information from it, it never warned  of my failure of front steer tire on I81 northbound few years back 

Patrick
7 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

Turn off the power switch on the bottom of the thermostat. Hold both the top and bottom buttons in at the same time with one hand and turn it back on with the other. Let go of the buttons and you should see FF in the screen if it reset correctly. Then go through your modes to find the Furness. Let me know if that works.

Tim 

Thanks.  I did the reset procedure and still don’t have Furnace as an option. The other modes remain but the set points were reset to the defaults. 

Gen Auto Start
tmw188

image.thumb.jpg.dea52f15a67954316db5c3fcf9ccbcd7.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.edf3decf2cc29e03b55a3577a2bc5113.jpgIt doesn’t state it on pg 14 Setup Menu shown below top of the page fig 23 for setting the clock. I did just find it on pg 8 this morning under Operation.  
I went to clock setup as suggested first the other day. I’ll be going to the coach today to see if I can get it set up now. I guess I’ll need to read it cover to cover to perform one function. 

image.jpg

cbr046
53 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

The coach was traveling southbound according to the news article whereas one posted stated they though it was traveling northbound based on shadows.

That was me thinking the videographer was shooting in the morning, which they were.  Unfortunately I got my E-W a little mixed up (or was it N-S?). 

TPMS is a must with rigs like ours. 

11 minutes ago, moxy1962 said:

I have tpms and while I get comfort from some information from it, it never warned  of my failure of front steer tire on I81 northbound few years back

Which TPMS system failed? 

- bob

moxy1962
9 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

That was me thinking the videographer was shooting in the morning, which they were.  Unfortunately I got my E-W a little mixed up (or was it N-S?). 

TPMS is a must with rigs like ours. 

Which TPMS system failed? 

- bob

TPMS didn’t fail, it just didn’t warn of impending failure, which im not sure it could have, tire suffered a structural failure due to exposed steel cords inside tire rusting out and failing 

Timaz996

I'm sorry, That's all I have. You can try cleaning the phone jack plugs on the thermostat but I doubt that is the problem. You might try resetting your Aqua Hot and then reset the thermostat again. 

AHE-100-02S Service Manual Rev. B 9-27-2011.pdf AHE-100-02S_Parts_Manuals_Rev_B.pdf AHE-100-02SAqua-HotOwnersManual05-02.pdf

Gen Auto Start
Dr4Film

I seldom get into my storage case of paper manuals that came with the coach as the case is stored under the bed. However, I have collected a significant number of digital manuals that generally have been updated plus I have easy access to them on my laptop.

Here is one for the RC7-GS.

Trace RC7-GS Owners Manual.pdf

Inverter Issue
jacwjames

OK, my suspicion on how the wire was routed was correct.  Subpanel>Engine Jbox>bedroom slide Jbox under bed>Bedroom TV outlet>base cabinet outlet>vanity outlet> 1/2bath outlet>basement Outlet. 

I was able to identify which of the wires coming into the Jbox in the engine compartment fed the rest of the daisy chained circuits.  I tied a the neutral and ground wire together behind the TV and then cut all the neutral wires loose in the Jbox and tested each neutral wire.  This gave me the route to tie all of the outlets together.  From there I just disconnected and cut back the original power feed wire from the Inverter Subpanel and removed the wire that originally feed the Jbox under the bed. 

I then had to pull a new wire from the from the inverter subpanel into the TV area and install an outlet connecting the wires together.  The end result is I have two branch circuits coming from the TV outlet but either way I got it working.   Still do not know why the GFCI breaker did not trip. 

One consequence of this adventure is that it highlights how all these systems interact and how dependent we are on these.  With the original problem of the generator kicking out and not being able to charge the house batteries except the engine running I decided to add another smaller inverter that will power the Refrigerator and provide another charging source.  Bill G had recommended doing this in a couple posts and we actually exchanged emails discussion.  He had used the engine block heat circuit but I'm just going to use the refrigerator circuit from the main service panel, install the inverter in the TV cabinet with a remote on/off switch.  The large 2awg wire behind the inverter subpanel will provide the connection to the batteries for the inverter and to charge. 

Here is a picture of the outlet (for some reason turned sideways.  The yellow wire is the new 12awg wire from the inverter subpanel.  The wire going into the ceiling goes to the engine Jbox and the other white wire feeds the circuits along the passenger side bath area. 

TV outlet rewired from subpanel.jpg

Ivan K

Since you may not know if the furnace ever worked, I would check the dip switch on control board up there to see if furnace is even selected.

Dr4Film

There isn't one TPMS made in the world that will alert you to an impending catastrophic tire failure identical to what happened with this accident.

A TPMS will alert you to a possible impending tire failure if the tire is losing air which causes the tire to heat up, breakdown and fail. Having a TPMS does not negate the responsibility of the driver to inspect the sidewall and tread area of their tires prior to departure and at each rest stop. It also helps to have a IR Temperature gun to monitor the temperature of the hubs for possible wheel bearing issues. I use both ALL the time.

However, there are Tyron Bands that can be installed on the steer tires which will help minimize the effect of a catastrophic steer tire failure. In this case it may have saved the driver's life and the total loss of a coach. Plus the passenger is most likely fighting for their life and not out of the woods yet.

Bill D's Monacoers' Gathering Update!!
filisity

Hi, We John & Carol made our reservation with Lazydays.

Thank you, John

Patrick
28 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Since you may not know if the furnace ever worked, I would check the dip switch on control board up there to see if furnace is even selected.

I got Furnace to show up and work on the bedroom controller. I had to click on zone to select zone 2 and then it showed up. The bedroom controller shows zones 1 and 2.  The controller opposite the fridge only shows zone 1 and does not give me the Furnace option. 

I swapped the controllers around, putting the bedroom one in the main galley and vice versa. No difference. 

Where are the dip located and what should they be set at?

Thanks for your help!

47 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

I'm sorry, That's all I have. You can try cleaning the phone jack plugs on the thermostat but I doubt that is the problem. You might try resetting your Aqua Hot and then reset the thermostat again. 

AHE-100-02S Service Manual Rev. B 9-27-2011.pdf 5.18 MB · 1 download AHE-100-02S_Parts_Manuals_Rev_B.pdf 1.31 MB · 0 downloads AHE-100-02SAqua-HotOwnersManual05-02.pdf 298.89 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the manuals!

Timaz996

Is this coach new to you? Has the furnace shown up before on the thermostat?

Ivan K

I understand that you swapped the thermostats. The dip switch settings are done on the board inside the ac unit itself. Depending on your model, it may look like or similar to the pic.

image.thumb.png.a47bc8900a02a12a9b00d9100d63276d.png

Patrick
13 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

Is this coach new to you? Has the furnace shown up before on the thermostat?

Yes it is. Just 10 days into ownership. 

17 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

I understand that you swapped the thermostats. The dip switch settings are done on the board inside the ac unit itself. Depending on your model, it may look like or similar to the pic.

image.thumb.png.a47bc8900a02a12a9b00d9100d63276d.png

Thank you. Where do I access this control board? Up on the roof or inside?

Timaz996

The earlier post shows the board that is located on the A/C unit on the roof. The back A/C must be correct as you have the furnace working. I highly doubt the front A/C would be wrong unless it has been changed out. If that is the case there will be a dip switch marked Furnace. Make sure it is on.

Patrick
7 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

The earlier post shows the board that is located on the A/C unit on the roof. The back A/C must be correct as you have the furnace working. I highly doubt the front A/C would be wrong unless it has been changed out. If that is the case there will be a dip switch marked Furnace. Make sure it is on.

Thanks!  I am unable to access the roof at the moment but will check the DIP switches when I get home. The PO did say that they recently had the AC units serviced so maybe the settings are incorrect. 

thanks again!

Gen Auto Start
tmw188
1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

I seldom get into my storage case of paper manuals that came with the coach as the case is stored under the bed. However, I have collected a significant number of digital manuals that generally have been updated plus I have easy access to them on my laptop.

Here is one for the RC7-GS.

Trace RC7-GS Owners Manual.pdf 264 kB · 1 download

Perfect thanks Richard I’ll keep it on my phone too.

Intellitec EMS issue
Jim McGarvie
2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Use the thermostat to turn off the AC not the circuit breaker.

Thanks, Richard, but that doesn't work. The fan would stop, but not the compressor. That's why I suspect a stuck relay on the A/C control board. Since I suspect it is not good for the compressor to run without the fan, I resort to tripping the breaker. When we want to run the A/C I turn the circuit breaker back on (which starts the compressor) and then use the thermostat to turn on the fan.

Timaz996

This video will show you where the board in located on the A/C. Just make sure the furnace dip switch is on. It's only four screws to take the top off the A/C.

Moonwink

I just tried the ebay link shared above and that listing has been removed = "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

I replaced all my high heat output halogen fixtures (both the puck lights and bullet lights) with these from Command Electronics a couple of years ago.https://www.amazon.com/Command-Electronics-Camper-Trailer-Utility/dp/B07X9C3L7T/
I've been very happy with the additional light I get from these and when they're too much, I can turn off one or two of them by pressing the switch button in the center.  10 fixtures for $37 and free delivery.  You can't hardly find the bulbs for that.51lYTpcogyL._AC_SL1333_.jpg

Location of Solenoid on ‘96 Crown Royale?
Joe Lee

Hi!  I’m new to RVing and just bought a ‘96 Monaco Crown Royale Signature. 

The air horn isn’t working. I read in these forums that the solenoid may need to be replaced. I ordered the solenoid that was recommended from Amazon. 

I can’t locate the solenoid on my model of coach. 

Does anyone know where my air horn solenoid is located?

Thanks!!

Joe

Load Shedding
tmw188
On 7/28/2021 at 6:27 AM, Dr4Film said:

Todd, that is more than I expected. At least both AC's are working correctly as those are the relays that usually fail first.

Possibly the entire board is OK. Have you checked to see if the other two devices hooked to the relays are working also? Those would be the electric hot water element and your washer/dryer.

Maybe one of the previous owners had been accustomed to using 30 amp service and didn't want to be bothered with the shedding system so he disconnected it or what a previous poster stated that they frequented a location where they used a 30/30 to 50 amp cheater adapter.

You just may have lucked out and saved yourself $500.

Yes washer dryer is working. I didn’t check the wtr htr circuit because I have a tankless LP htr. I can check it with my meter though if I open it back up again. I’ll assume for now it’s working. So is the  load shedding pecking order on the relays pecking order 1,2,3,4? That’s what allows you to pick and choose?

Moonwink

1 killed, another hurt in RV crash on I-77

https://www.wcnc.com/article/traffic/deadly-rv-crash-chester-county-south-carolina/275-4d1ccc1c-422c-481a-9df9-1e53ae25bc27

CHESTER COUNTY, S.C. — One person was killed and another was hurt when an RV ran off I-77 in Chester County Wednesday morning, troopers said. 

South Carolina Highway Patrol said the RV was driving south on I-77 near mile marker 66 when the driver went off the road, ran up an embankment and hit a tree. Troopers said the driver, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was thrown from the vehicle and died at the scene. 

A passenger inside the RV was also thrown from the vehicle. That person was taken to a hospital by paramedics with injuries. Troopers said the crash happened a few minutes before 6 a.m.

No other vehicles were involved in the crash, which remains under investigation.

I wear my seatbelt all the time while traveling.  Too bad this couple chose not to.  It may have saved a life.  Their chairs made it.

gregolson65@yahoo.com
25 minutes ago, Moonwink said:

I wear my seatbelt all the time while traveling.  Too bad this couple chose not to.  It may have saved a life.  Their chairs made it.

Yes always wear one. The seats are comfortable enough not to strain anybody. Plus I only drive around 300 to 400 or so miles a day and stop a few times in between for a break.

Load Shedding
Dr4Film

There are FOUR relays on the control board starting from the top working your way down the board. The shedding of these relays is in the same order.

So just take the colored wire and the load wire for whatever device you want to have shed first and attach them to the top relay. Then work your way down the board with the other devices.

My shedding order is Water Heater, Rear AC, Washer/Dryer, Front AC.

The theory is that my water heater has both electric and fuel so it would revert to fuel only (in my case diesel). After that it is the rear AC as that room is only used at night, followed with the washer/dryer and front AC.

Patrick
1 hour ago, Timaz996 said:

This video will show you where the board in located on the A/C. Just make sure the furnace dip switch is on. It's only four screws to take the top off the A/C.

Awesome! Thanks!

Ivylog

“Their chairs made it.” Yes, the passenger seat made it but the driver’s didn’t…what’s left of it is the white remains of it behind the passenger seat in the picture below. The majority of the impact was on the driver’s side taking out the entire wall on that side.

B544C8EA-7BA6-4E6B-AC67-760BD546DD77.jpeg

C5260A09-203F-49B9-BB3C-7011B29B0054.png

Load Shedding
tmw188
4 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

There are FOUR relays on the control board starting from the top working your way down the board. The shedding of these relays is in the same order.

So just take the colored wire and the load wire for whatever device you want to have shed first and attach them to the top relay. Then work your way down the board with the other devices.

My shedding order is Water Heater, Rear AC, Washer/Dryer, Front AC.

The theory is that my water heater has both electric and fuel so it would revert to fuel only (in my case diesel). After that it is the rear AC as that room is only used at night, followed with the washer/dryer and front AC.

Ok good. That’s what I did. So they are in the order of relay 1 on top, then 2 and so on the way they are numbered. Other than actually checking the shedding capability they are passing thru the relays and working.

Kwikee Steps Problem
burghere66

My Kwikee single step continues to run for 5-10 seconds when opening or closing the door.  They do not lock in place unless I pull on them.  When they retract they continue to run for a brief period and I must push them in.  They often will not lock into a fixed position.  Should I remove the steps and clean them thoroughly or is there a limit switch problem or ??

Gary B. 

2002 Monaco Windsor PBDD

Kwikee Steps Problem
Bootlegger

More than likely you have a missing  tooth on the gear.  They break off from getting in a bind or stepping on the steps before they are fully extended.  I had the same issue on my rv.  Found the gear online and replaced myself.

Moonwink

The driver's seat is still there.  The driver was ejected because he wasn't using his seatbelt.  If he had been using it, things may have turned out differently.  No guarantee but, seatbelts save lives and there's no getting around that fact.  Be safe (safer) and buckle up!

Jim Bob

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't think it can be assumed that excessive speed is the root cause.  A number of factors would need to be considered to make that determination and I kind of feel it is insensitive considering the loss of life and injuries.  I don't disagree that many RV drivers exceed a safe speed, but I am certainly not going to put this specific driver in that category just yet.  There will be an investigation of course that will include the distance traveled, skid marks, etc.  It is certainly possible that there was a medical event, tire blow out or sudden turn to avoid a deer...  point is we don't know and out of respect for possible family members on this site... I'm not going to disparage someone with speculation.  Just my 2 cents.  Jim  

John Haggard

A few years ago a 45 ft Dynasty 

Went over the guard rail on I 70 west of Indianapolis and into a woods as I recall. 

The Highway patrol thought he was running 70 or so.

The Dynasty was intact. 

The driver went through the windshield and was killed. 

My point is

70 mph

Jumped across a guard rail down into  a ditch and into a woods.

The Dynasty was still intact. 

Kwikee Steps Problem
Paul Busch

Same thing happened to my. 05 sig. the motor was just old and tired I think. Replaced it and cleaned contacts and working great now.

paul

Awnings Won't Come In, Important
FishAR

I did a search and I'll do another one after posting this but this is kind of an emergency. They're coming out to put tires on at 9 in the morning so I went down to the shop to bring in the awnings and slides. I left the awnings out because they'd been rolled up so long.

Patio awning nor door awning will move. I could live with the door awning staying out but it doesn't look like there's clearance to bring the passenger side slide in with the awning out.

I've fiddled with the awning on off switch, the salesman switch (even though every thing else works) and I know it has to be something simple.

Is there another awning cut out switch I don't know about that I could have bumped, maybe outside? I also fiddled with the outside switch on the awning arm, at least I think that's what it is since I've not used it before.

Thanks in advance.

Ivylog

Would help to know what brand of awnings???

Kwikee Steps Problem
knightmovesrv

Sounds like internal motor issue, could be the plastic gear which is replaceable for about 20 bucks or in the case of the step motor on my 07 Knight the metal piece that drives the gear on the outside of the motor got stripped. Fixed it with JB weld untill new motor arrives.

FishAR

Carefree Eclipse on the main awning. It rolls up.

The door awning just shoots out vertically, I don't know what brand it is. They're both original equipment.

Kwikee Steps Problem
Mike in Va

Just replaced the step motor and controller on our 2001 Holiday Rambler. It was doing the same thing your is doing. I took it apart and found some corrosion in the motor. Decided to order the replacement kit for mine because certain parts weren't available any longer. The new parts were very easy to install and were plug and play. If you call kwikee they will give you all of the info you would need to repair or replace yours.    

Passenger side won't air up. : (
walt2137

Dennis there is a file section with a part list for our Monaco built coaches attached and in most cases where to buy the part, i think this file is one of the best addition to our forum and was started by our old friend and mechanical guru Rex Darley.

Capt Mike

Make sure ignition switch is in off position?

FishAR
20 minutes ago, Capt Mike said:

Make sure ignition switch is in off position?

I turned it on and off a few times.

I can't edit the thread title now but this isn't so important anymore. I got a ladder where I could watch and brought the slide in a little at a time and it cleared the awning cover that's hanging down a little.

So I still need to fix it, but not an emergency anymore.

dl_racing427

So sorry to see this.  God Bless the friends and families affected. 🙏

I agree with others, that the semi-monococque chassis of the higher end Monaco's would likely hold up much better to this kind of impact.
The Roadmaster chassis is the biggest reason I bought my Dynasty years ago.

Location of Solenoid on ‘96 Crown Royale?
pwhittle

In our 1994 Signature it was in the front run bay, below the driver’s window.

Paul

Splendid vented washer disaster
IlliniCathy

First off.  I love my Splendide vented combo washer/dryer.  I call it my miracle machine.  But last night as we lay in bed,it awakenned me sounding funny.  Water was draining out the door and the water was to the top of the window as the dryer tried to tumble the clothes dry.  The washer would not pump out.  It apparently filled to wash, filled to rinse and was unable to pump any water out.  There was a puddle in front of washer as well as in the corner of the bedroom.    I stopped it and turned off water pump so no more water could be pumped in.  We tried to figure out what our next move would be.  Open the door and spill gallons of water, continue to let it dribble and sop it up with towels all night long?  I am sharing the solution to the dilemma so maybe it will help someone else.  We threaded our air hose down the drain and siphoned the wash water into the shower.  I have a brilliant Magiver Man!  He gets major kudos for quick thinking at midnight!  After this trip, we will have to figure out what failed and repair, but I was sure glad not to have to open that door!!!!

Electrical Issue
LJPierce_ELY

Whether this belongs in another forum, I'll let you decide.

I have a 2003 Windsor that I bought a couple years ago.

I'm currently using it full-time for work purposes away from home and I have an interesting electrical issue that cropped up today.

First, a little background. I've been having electric issues for some time. The generator used to be able to power everything, but now it runs and doesn't power anything at all. I'm guessing it's something to do with the IOTA ATS. Haven't had the money to replace that although I know it's bad. It's on my to do list.

Tonight, I was attempting to use the Sharp Convection/Microwave in Convection mode to cook my chow. It ran for approx. 30 seconds then died. It seems to have taken all the electric sockets on the curbside slide, out. Lights work on that side but that's it.  Also, it seems to have shut down the rear roof A/C but the front roof A/C is still working. Further, the panel showing the AC power is dark. The DC power is working. (SEE PIC. THE ONE UP TOP IS THE AC DISPLAY and although is seems to read 119.9, it is dark.) The plugs in front above the driver, where I have a DVD player and a flatscreen LED TV mounted are also inoperative. However, all the plugs on the road side slide out are working.

I have checked all breakers in the bedroom. Each breaker has been cycled OFF and back ON. I also pulled each of the various DC fuses next to the breaker boxes, and found none blown.

I have tried to find a GFCI outlet somewhere but there isn't one anywhere that I can find.

I have disconnected shore power, turned off the inverter, and turned off the battery switches, then turned everything back on in reverse. No joy.

I can hear a high frequency noise from the inverter so that seems to be working although I will admit the possibility that this means nothing.

I have cycled the power switch by the front door several times. Things pop off and on so I don't think that's it.

The shore power breakers at the pedestal have been checked and cycled as well. No effect.

I am at a loss and have taken this about as far as my detective skills allow me.

I've tried to be as descriptive as I possibly can but might have missed something.

Ideas? Solutions? I'll entertain just about any reasonable solution except arson. I need to live in it for the next few years.

Thanks in advance.

MONACO WINDSOR.jpg

Splendid vented washer disaster
Rick A

Well that is a great story and a creative emergency solution. I might have pushed the pipe into the vent outside because it’s bigger. I do this to blow lint and other debris out of the machine. Great trick you discovered, hope you let us know what the problem is. 
My wife loves our Splendid. 

Strange Bazaar Sound
LJPierce_ELY

As a belated followup. Had no choice but to finally use a left over water hose insulator (sort of like a pool noodle but not in a neon color), and we put it on the awning support.

I'll be danged if that didn't stop that annoying noise!!! Wish I'd done it a long long long time ago. Would have saved me quite a bit of ibuprofen subduing various headaches.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.