Airing down

3 hours ago, Gary M said:

On my coach no! I have to dump bags separately. Jacks are totally separate process. I am going to try not using the brake pedal next time to drop the coach. It takes about 45 sec to dump using both switch and pumping brakes which is how my manual instructs from what I remember anyway. The following is my basic procedure for leveling.

This only my opinion! Jacks are for stabilizing not leveling. Level with whatever u choose under your tires then stabilize with jacks. I use four sets of (21026) “Camco Fasten XL 2x2 Leveling Block - Interlocking Design”. Just my opinion. Smile 😀

1- Pick as level of a spot as possible.

2- Use whatever means of leveling your coach by placing supports under your tires to bring coach as level as possible while at ride height.

3- Move slides out.

4- Dump air or not.

5- Lower jacks to stabilize.

If not dumping air, you should also place supports under jacks so as to use minimum amount of fluid in reservoir.

This only my opinion! Jacks are for stabilizing not leveling. Level with whatever u choose under your tires then stabilize with jacks. I use four sets of (21026) “Camco Fasten XL 2x2 Leveling Block - Interlocking Design”. Just my opinion. Smile 😀

1- Pick as level of a spot as possible.

2- Use whatever means of leveling your coach by placing supports under your tires to bring coach as level as possible while at ride height.

3- Move slides out.

4- Dump air or not.

5- Lower jacks to stabilize.

If not dumping air, you should also place supports under jacks so as to use minimum amount of fluid in reservoir.

Gary, I hate to change the subject but must question your statement that Jack’s are for stabilizing and not leveling. It is my understanding that scissor jacks on a trailer are only for stabilizing the RV but that hydraulic leveling jacks on a motorhome are for leveling. Because the 4-jack HWH jacks are designed in such a way to always raise 2 jacks at a time, the reduce the risk of popping a windshield or other damage. My single front jack system accomplishes the same thing in a different way.  

14 hours ago, Larry H said:

Gary, I hate to change the subject but must question your statement that Jack’s are for stabilizing and not leveling. It is my understanding that scissor jacks on a trailer are only for stabilizing the RV but that hydraulic leveling jacks on a motorhome are for leveling. Because the 4-jack HWH jacks are designed in such a way to always raise 2 jacks at a time, the reduce the risk of popping a windshield or other damage. My single front jack system accomplishes the same thing in a different way.  

Not a problem with your concern. I personally have destroyed four windshields by using jacks to level. After running across several articles about selling points on RV’s, in the same article on more than one talking about the Salesman switch, it was also talked about jacks for leveling. I personally took that info and applied it to how I level my coach now. It may be coincidence but haven’t cracked a windshield since. I also never use auto level. 
And thanks for difference in opinion as it gave me the chance to explain why I came to my conclusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I do is turn the key to the accessory position ( to the left ).

Hold down the air dump switch … AND most importantly, press down ‘slightly’ on the parking brake.   That will dump the air quickly.    On my '02 If I don't have the key in the accessory position it 'sounds' like it has dumped the air, and the air guage looks correct, but you can tell by the wheel well to tire that the couch has not dumped.  

I have a small piece of plastic tubing that has a slit in it to wrap around the shaft that I use under the parking brake to prevent any of the 4-legged fur kids stepping on it and releasing the brakes.   I store the piece of plastic tubing in the cup holder next to the parking brake.   By using the tubing I don’t have to control the amount of hand pressure to dump the air, and it’s high enough not to release the brakes.

Pat D.

’02 Diplomat 40’ PBT

• Like 1