Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/510-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Fantastic Fan
mpgast
Fantastic Fan
John Haggard
Tow bar set up
Dr4Film
Airing down
Dr4Film
Water leak from rain
Steven P
'08 Camelot TRAVEL Inflation problem
RustyTools
Airing down
Endeavor to RV
Tow bar set up
BobSchmeck
Water leak from rain
jacwjames
Water leak from rain
klcdenver
Airing down
Keamyinc
What do you think?
tcbrow
Airing down
BobSchmeck
What do you think?
OhReally
What do you think?
BobSchmeck
Tow bar set up
JDCrow
Tow bar set up
David K
Tow bar set up
JDCrow
Tow bar set up
Dr4Film
Fantastic Fan
Chuck B
What do you think?
tmw188
Tow bar set up
JDCrow
Airing down
eddie4ne
Tow bar set up
Robert U
Airing down
96 EVO
Tow bar set up
JDCrow
Bedroom Slide Not Working
ko7pjim
Airing down
Gary M
Tow bar set up
Robert U
Fan-Tastic fan replacement
Grampy OG
Tow bar set up
fiat124man
Nervous Supply
Jim McFarland

Fantastic Fan
mpgast

I have old Fantastic fan. With the good fuse all the way in and locked it will not get any power. With the fuse held in lightly it does get power. Anyone have a idea what might be going on?

Fantastic Fan
John Haggard
29 minutes ago, mpgast said:

I have old Fantastic fan. With the good fuse all the way in and locked it will not get any power. With the fuse held in lightly it does get power. Anyone have a idea what might be going on?

Fuse socket needs replaced 

Your either making contact or your not 

Play around with the latch 

Tow bar set up
Dr4Film
7 hours ago, JDCrow said:

I have not settled on a braking system yet. Because we are not full-time, I really do not want a hard mount (air) system. The RVI looks interesting,  but the reviews have people upset because they can’t get screens (tablets) for the system, and I really do not want another 7” screen on my dash.

JD,

You won't find a better and more compact portable system than RVIBrake-3. Plus the braking system doesn't rely on the tablet to function. It will work regardless of whether the tablet is on or not. The tablet is simply a system monitor.

Airing down
Dr4Film

Bob, this thread is about airing down the air bags NOT the two air supply tanks which differs for each coach and system depending on how many leaks are present.

I can dump air in my air bags in less than one minute however the supply tanks will lose air slowly over a few days until they reach 0 psi.

Hi beam indication on dash not coming on
Dr4Film

Mike, it may be just a bad ground somewhere.

Water leak from rain
Steven P

@Paul A. good idea.  Thanks!

'08 Camelot TRAVEL Inflation problem
RustyTools

(Probably would have been better-served if I'd put it the Compressed-Air section, but you're reading it here so I guess it's ok)

Anyways, I replaced both ride-height valves, removed/verified the 6-pak block, and cleaned up everything.  Now, I do have control over both sides at the rear, YAY!  However, I evidently messed up the 'indexing' on the valve levers, as the valves now allow and/or exhaust air at wrong times in their cycle.

So, does anyone have photos of where on the valve shafts the levers should be located in their cycle?  I'm sure i could eventually get it right, but it'd take forever.

Airing down
Endeavor to RV

Sounds normal to me. I think the way our coaches are set up it has to dump all the air. When it starts to dump air from the air bags and the coach lowers the valves to inflate the bags open. I suspect the newer coaches are able to dump just the bags with out draining the whole air system. That would be much faster.

Tow bar set up
BobSchmeck

We have a OLD blueox & a roadmaster what i call a lunchbox system. There a bit of a pain to put in and take out, but I only paid $50 ea. But thats what you get when your cheep. 

Water leak from rain
jacwjames

I took the time to check my rig.  The gutter that is above the door actually does interrupt the beltline..  It looks like the cut the belt line and mounted the gutter and applied a caulk to seal it.

In my case a gap has developed in the caulk, which I will fix.  I am in the process of redoing the sealant on the beltline.  Pretty big job.  I bought a set of heavy plastic scraper from Harbor Freight that do a good job of removing the old sealant. 

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-nonmarring-scraper-set-95832.html

These are pretty stiff but he end come so a sharp point, makes quick work of pulling the old sealant out.   Fortunately I have a good place to work on it, garage with concrete floor and set of scaffolding. 

Question for Owners of WINDSORS Originally Equipped with Trace Engineering RV2012 Inverter/Charger
AlanC2

I have a 2002 Windsor 40 PST and am replacing the Trace Engineering RV 2012 (w/remote/w/auto genstart) with the Magnum Energy  MS-2012 Inverter/Charger, the ME-ARC50 remote, and the ME-AGS-N (remote start). This question is directed at those WINDSOR owners who have swapped out the Trace Engineering RV2012 unit for a Magnum combination that includes the AGS.  Did you use the two posts on the front of the MS-2012 where the battery negative, the main chassis ground, and the battery positive cables attach as the power source for the AGS module? If not, where did you connect?  Were you able to locate a "generator run sense wire" in one of the wiring harness bundles in the bay where the inverter/charger is located? If not, what did you do to access the 12 volt generator run "signal"?

Thanks in advance!

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST

Water leak from rain
klcdenver

Paul,

i think you found your leak in another place put here are pics I told you I would send.

Kenneth053AE7B6-304D-4385-9F1B-BAF6520EC2B7.thumb.jpeg.55fc91e0699a7b9cbb0fd01b82eba977.jpeg

7EF80B28-B2AA-478F-AE54-31DC2A3A5C4C.jpeg

Airing down
Keamyinc

Hi Ed, my 2002 Windsor takes less than a minute to air down to travel mode.

Don

What do you think?
tcbrow
13 hours ago, BobSchmeck said:

So thats the way some companies do it and that makes it ok! Thats perty much sums up the world doesn't it? I'll take care of myself & if I can screw you in mean time, I will! 

Now if they did the whole inspection & found a bad ball joint then that's a different story.  You can't tell from the outside just looking at it that it has a bad ball joint. 

If they found a bad ball joint or bad brakes or anything like that I would have authorized them to repair it, one inspection-one bill. I asked them to repair the window and they wouldn't do it. 

I'm not complaining about the failure, the window had blocked my vision at times depending on temp, humidity, barometric pressure and sun angle. I was hoping to pass inspection and visit Suncoast Designers while in FL this winter.

14 hours ago, John Haggard said:

You stated that you knew it was foggy. 

Before you took it in.

Don't you fix and address any and all issues before you go for inspection? 

Yes, I knew it was foggy. Most of the time I could see through with no problem. Under certain conditions, mostly sun angle, vision was blocked. As I said above my hope was to get through inspection and have it repaired while in FL this winter. If it failed inspection I would have the inspection shop repair it. They wouldn't.

Airing down
BobSchmeck
1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

Bob, this thread is about airing down the air bags NOT the two air supply tanks which differs for each coach and system depending on how many leaks are present.

I can dump air in my air bags in less than one minute however the supply tanks will lose air slowly over a few days until they reach 0 psi.

Learn something new everyday, did not realize that there was a difference. That explains why it stops at about 30 lb.

What do you think?
OhReally

Remember, this is Pennsylvania. When I lived there they wanted me to get a "move in" permit for a house that I just bought. No inspections required, only a permit that amounted to a tax!

What do you think?
BobSchmeck

That was my point.  A window, they should have told you before a full inspection. Once the window was fixed should not constitute a full re inspection just because you had to take it off the property for the fix. Thats called customer care. In my opinion you got screwed.  

Tow bar set up
JDCrow
2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

JD,

You won't find a better and more compact portable system than RVIBrake-3. Plus the braking system doesn't rely on the tablet to function. It will work regardless of whether the tablet is on or not. The tablet is simply a system monitor.

I just ran across an RVI 2 new in the box 

they are asking $500

I don’t know much about these systems, starting to read 

Question for Owners of WINDSORS Originally Equipped with Trace Engineering RV2012 Inverter/Charger
jacwjames

Alan

I just had my inverter out, thought I had a problem so I removed but it turned out to be something else.

To remove I had to disconnect all the control wires.  There were 4 sets/multiples of different colored wires.  There was a set of blue wires that were crimped together but not used.  Not 100% sure but on my wiring diagram the generator sense wire is blue and it gets a signal from the generator indicator light that is on the switches.  This is used in the rear run bay for the BIRD, the switches, and also the Intellitec EMS.  It also shows this wire going to the inverter bay, although in my case they were not used??

You might see if you have a pair of blue wires crimped together under the cover of the Trace Inverter.  If so check without the generator running and then with the generator running to see it is the generator sense wires. 

There was a thread that I was looking at on the IRV2 forum when I thought I might have to replace my inverter.  It might answer some of your questing, I know he covers the grounding issue.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/no-120-vac-anywhere-in-coach-419618-9.html

If I may ask, why are you replacing the Trace inverter???

Tow bar set up
David K

We use the Avail, the Patriot braking system, and the KarGuard protective shield with our 2003 HR Scepter 40 PST and Chevrolet Silverado.  Overall, we have been very happy.  The only drawback would be the design of the KarGuard system.  It works.  However, the mounting system is subpar.  Every 5,000 miles of towing I pull back the boots on the Avail and clean and lubricate the bars with grease.  Once a year, I replace all of the washers on the tow bar.  You can order the washer kits from BlueOx for about $15.  We have used the complete BlueOx system for tens of thousands of miles.  We have been satisfied.  Please be sure to note the other comments about running as level as possible.  We also had to get a hitch adapter (https://roadmasterinc.com/products/accessories/hitch/hitch.php) to be sure things were level with the air bags inflated for driving. 

Tow bar set up
JDCrow
1 minute ago, David K said:

We use the Avail, the Patriot braking system, and the KarGuard protective shield with our 2003 HR Scepter 40 PST and Chevrolet Silverado.  Overall, we have been very happy.  The only drawback would be the design of the KarGuard system.  It works.  However, the mounting system is subpar.  Every 5,000 miles of towing I pull back the boots on the Avail and clean and lubricate the bars with grease.  Once a year, I replace all of the washers on the tow bar.  You can order the washer kits from BlueOx for about $15.  We have used the complete BlueOx system for tens of thousands of miles.  We have been satisfied.  Please be sure to note the other comments about running as level as possible.  We also had to get a hitch adapter (https://roadmasterinc.com/products/accessories/hitch/hitch.php) to be sure things were level with the air bags inflated for driving. 

Thanks very much for your thoughts, and both for the tip for being level.

I don’t have to all together yet, I’ll post pics through the process and please don’t hesitate to voice  your thoughts on how to adjust or make anything better 

Tow bar set up
Dr4Film
51 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

I just ran across an RVI 2 new in the box 

they are asking $500

I don’t know much about these systems, starting to read 

That is a good price for the RVIBrake-2 especially if new. I sold my RVIBrake-2 back in April for $600 after I bought a used RVIBrake-3 for $550.

Fantastic Fan
Chuck B

The spring in the fuse holder has been compacted down.  Reach into the fuse holder with a pair of long nose plyers and pull the spring up a little bit.  That will streach the spring enough to make contact with the fuse.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

What do you think?
tmw188

On many of these State inspections once they start the inspection on the computer they can’t back out, they either need to fail or pass. I’m in agreement with the PO however, bad circumstances. Suncoast does a very nice job I might add.

Tow bar set up
JDCrow
25 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

That is a good price for the RVIBrake-2 especially if new. I sold my RVIBrake-2 back in April for $600 after I bought a used RVIBrake-3 for $550.

Great, because I just sent the money!

AlanC2

Jim J,

Thanks for responding. I'll look for the blue wires.  I've been thinking about switching to a PSW inverter for a while now so I don't have to worry about whether I'll be frying an electrical device. 

Last time we were out dry camping, out of the blue, the inverter remote just locked up and started beeping. Had to turn off battery power and back on after a delay to get it to stop. It worked fine for the rest of the trip (8 more days). On an earlier trip, the Samsung RF 197 fridge dropped off line a few times one day. Flipped fridge (110v) circuit breaker off and on and it came back. That has not happened since. Put in 680 watts of solar 2 years ago, and until these two incidents, everything has worked fine. I've got all the new stuff ready to go in. Just need a temperature break in the weather.

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST

Airing down
eddie4ne

This has been a very helpful discussion! Thanks to everyone for your input! This is what makes this site invaluable…even with silly questions, getting others thought and ingenious ideas.

jacwjames

Understand your concern.

I had an issue last month that I thought was inverter related but it turned out to be a problem with a circuit, the feed wire went into the ceiling behind the electrical panels.  That circuit had a dead short in the ceiling.  I was able to reroute a feed wire to fix that circuit. 

I decided to go a different route, I am adding a 1000 watt PSW inverter that will feed the refrigerator circuit and if needed can provide another circuit.  It will also give me a second charging source off the generator. 

Keep us posted on your install, good luck.

Tow bar set up
Robert U

Have had an Avail for about 5 years. Bet tow bar I have had.

Bob U 2000 Dip

Airing down
96 EVO

Keep in mind, The Tiffin has 4 bags to release their pressure thru the dump valves. You have 8.

vito.a

Not a Windsor, but I replaced our Freedom Trace Xantrex inverter with a Magnum inverter in our Monaco coach.  I wrote a detailed post on the issues.  Some of the issues were because of the MSH3012 hybrid peculiar wiring and will not apply to your MS2012.  I also installed an ME-ARC50 remote and an ME-AGS-N auto gen start. 

The older Trace inverter has two negative 12v attachment lugs. The one on the front is from the house battery negative terminal, and one on the side has a short cable routed to the main frame rail.
The one on the side to the frame rail provides the main ground for the entire house 12v system. Monaco does not ground the house battery system in the battery box area.

When you install a Magnum inverter it does not have the ground lug on the side. To replace it, you can run a 4/0 ground cable from the frame ground lug to either the front of the Magnum inverter negative battery lug (this would make two negative cables attached here and the plastic cover will not fit), or you can route a new cable from the frame rail ground lug to the main battery junction box up near the front of the compartment (this is about a 3' run).

Hope this helps.  

Swapping a Trace Xantrex Inverter for a Magnum in a 2004 Monaco 

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/swapping-a-trace-xantrex-inverter-for-a-magnum-in-a-2004-monaco-signature-386835.html

bBetter brands, better models, what have you used?
Rikadoo

So my question is surrounding replacing my Transfer switch in my MH. Im in the middle of looking at the Elkhart LPT50BRD and the LYGHT LPT50BRD (Brand name ESCO) THERE BOTH SOLD THRU AMAZON... "who else" both units look identical with the Lyght logo on the top cover. However the price between the two is significant, can someone expound on this please. 
 What I have seen is the "melting" happens at the connecting point of the wires, like so many have spoke about they feared the "loose" connections were in fact the culprits. I concur as all of them I have looked at had melted wires at the terminal strip and I could see how that would cause damage / fire, and in fact I did find a couple screws loose worst was on the neutral wire took almost 1/2 turn. Lucky I have no melted wires or burn spots. 

I have gone back in the archives and found several units that have been used but one are obsolete, or have changed names, what are some of the units you have used?

Thank You

Tow bar set up
JDCrow
1 hour ago, Robert U said:

Have had an Avail for about 5 years. Bet tow bar I have had.

Bob U 2000 Dip

Awesome! What kind of maintenance have you had to do? Any parts wear out? 

Bedroom Slide Not Working
ko7pjim
On 6/24/2021 at 5:49 AM, powersltc said:

I have looked everywhere and can not find a fuse marked bedroom.   

When the switch is pressed,  there is a sound. 

Click or whirling sound?  If a click it might be bound up or the gear missing teeth.  If whirling sound it is a gear, shear pin or track issue.  BTW, some of the gears are no longer available new and you might have to look for used.  I ran into that case with the 21 tooth Lippert gear.  Found a shop that had an old one in a box in the shop.

JDCrow

I think I’ve read here they are the same. Some have ordered one and got the other as that what was in stock. 

They were both out of stock when I replaced mine.

I have the Go Power unit, which is is rebranded Progressive Industries 

Here is pics of install. I since finished it, so do mind the temp wiring you see in the pics 

29F6F14B-24DB-4E2A-B54E-662481141285.jpeg

2800B021-226A-49FA-8E19-1D98FF7982FD.jpeg

Airing down
Gary M

Mine requires me to pump the brakes to drop the coach. That process takes about 45 seconds but its irritating. Ill have to just use the dump switch next time to see how long it takes.

Dear LaserWorks

Progressive Dynamics PD52V 5200 Series Automatic Transfer Switch - 240 VAC, 50 Amp

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VAWNVK

New AquaHot plastic float switch for sale.
Ivylog

Bought 2 extra float switches…$25 each plus shipping. Made in the UK. Paid $150 for a metal one before finding this source.

A99ED71C-805B-4DAC-B429-40C2D8688A06.jpeg

Tow bar set up
Robert U
54 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

Awesome! What kind of maintenance have you had to do? Any parts wear out? 

None. I like the latches. They are easy to engage and disengage.

Bob U

Dr4Film

Rik,

The difference between the two most popular ESCO Transfer Switches are the relays and how they engage.

The ES50M-65N uses 120 VAC power to engage the relays which most people have since discovered that they produce a HUM which can be distracting. Whereas the ESCO LPTBRD uses 12 VDC powered relays which do not HUM. Also, the LPTBRD has the shore power relay engaged as the default but once the generator is started it will switch over transferring the neutral before the two load wires.

The ES50M-65N has neither relay engaged until it senses where the power is coming from then it will engage that appropriate relay, either the shore power relay or the generator relay.

My coach has had the LYGHT Transfer Switch installed since it left the factory in September of 2001. I have had no problems with it ,Thank God, as it is located behind the Trace/Xantrex Inverter which would have to be removed just to get to the transfer switch.

SigPIlot

If they will fit an AHE-100-04S I will buy them. Just about to order one off Amazon. Update: looks like they are for the HHE series and won't work on mine.

Ivylog

I ASSUME they are all the same… 1/2” pipe thread. Will only sell one/person and if enough interest will buy more now that I have an account.. Not looking to make money or go into business, but AH’s prices are absurd.

How much is one on Amazon?

Did I create an issue in the 12 Florescent volt system?
Rich Cutler

H Higgins.  

You have an older coach and I assume without the multiplex system.  I am wondering if that caused issues.  I hope I did not screw up the system software or something.   I will get back to the coach in storage in a week or so, then start looking at the suggestions received.    Thanks to all.

Rich 

Dr4Film

One of our more knowledgeable deceased members, Bill Groves RIP, always strongly suggested that everyone who had a coach with a multiplex electrical system should have all of their programming backed up just in case of a catastrophic failure.

It could cost thousands of dollars to reprogram the multiplex system if in fact it can be done at all.

Just a heads up for all of those owners who have such a sophisticated system.

Knight - 4 New Bilstein B6 Shock Absorber (front)
MrAmbassador

Sorry, the part number on the Shock is correct 24-186582. Please let me know.  

Rich Cutler

Can you direct us to a post. With instructions or is it best to take to a qualified shop.

Grampy OG
22 hours ago, ko7pjim said:

If you stick with the fantastic fan, you can pull the motor/fan and replace it with the new one in ten minutes.  You can replace the vent cover pretty easily as well or wait til you need to.

Can the motor/blade be removed from inside or is it a rooftop job?

Tow bar set up
fiat124man

Just a note of interest, Brake buddy portable brake system is the most popular for a reason.

Nervous Supply
Jim McFarland

So yesterday I needed a part for my 09 Monaco Knight 41 DFT. 

I went to the phone number I used successfully before no results. Tried the 800 number with no results. Looked at their website and tried that number, no response. SO has anyone contacted them lately and would share that phone number. I was unable to find the part I need on their website. 

Thanks for your help, Jim McFarland

Tow bar set up
JDCrow
8 minutes ago, fiat124man said:

Just a note of interest, Brake buddy portable brake system is the most popular for a reason.

Agree….but I’m a Ford guy. 

ko7pjim
40 minutes ago, Grampy OG said:

Can the motor/blade be removed from inside or is it a rooftop job?

I swapped mine out from the inside.  You can buy the fan/motor if you are sure it is the motor.  I bought the whole thing because the control unit was bad.  With way from the inside.

Nervous Supply
John Haggard
12 minutes ago, Jim McFarland said:

So yesterday I needed a part for my 09 Monaco Knight 41 DFT. 

I went to the phone number I used successfully before no results. Tried the 800 number with no results. Looked at their website and tried that number, no response. SO has anyone contacted them lately and would share that phone number. I was unable to find the part I need on their website. 

Thanks for your help, Jim McFarland

Who are you trying to call 📞 ???

Nervous Supply
Jim McFarland

North west r v supply 

Exterior Paint Codes for 2002 Dynasty Baroness with Almond Color Scheme
Patrick

Does anyone have the color codes for a 2002 Dynasty Baroness with the Almond Color scheme? Or where can I find them? I looked under the driver’s seat but the only label there is for the chair. 

I have quite a bit of clear coat peeling on the roof of my MH. I would like to repair the clear coat but will have to respray the base color in order to get a good repair.

All help is appreciated. 

Gary Cole

Hi Rich,

I know absolutely nothing about the multiplex system. However it sounds like the more knowledgeable members here are describing a digital system which probably uses something called an RS-485 protocol (Modbus) which transmits digital bits of information. One cannot troubleshoot these systems with a multimeter. The only thing one can check for is conductor integrity and the presence of a standing voltage, about 5 volts.  The switches, input, and other output devices, relays for example,  require a unique address, sometimes programmed, sometimes set with dip switches, depending on the age of the system. If your switches use dip switches then you can obtain another switch and simply copy the dip switch settings. The switches are dumb. The software program is contained in a CPU with a certain amount of memory somewhere in the system. Unfortunately one cannot access the controller and examine the programming without expensive, most certainly OEM software.  

Tow bar set up
Chargerman

I went with the NSA Hurcules. Very stout and guaranteed for life. On top of that the brake system is integrated.  Has worked great and the braking setup has also functioned very well and it’s so easy to hook up and go. Lastly, you will save a bunch of money and have the strongest tow bar on the market. 

Exterior Paint Codes for 2002 Dynasty Baroness with Almond Color Scheme
JDCrow

Ken Sutton
Customer Service Representative
RV
REV Parts
800-509-3417

He got mine for me 

Nervous Supply
Rick A

http://www.nwrvsupply.com/

right there on the www

Tow bar set up
JDCrow
11 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

I went with the NSA Hurcules. Very stout and guaranteed for life. On top of that the brake system is integrated.  Has worked great and the braking setup has also functioned very well and it’s so easy to hook up and go. Lastly, you will save a bunch of money and have the strongest tow bar on the market. 

I saw was intrigued by their product. I don’t know if they have the set up I’m after. I looked at their “surge” brake set up, I’m saying that as I don’t know how it works. But their is a nasty set of pics on Amazon that Left me with questions about it. 2 sides to all stories, so can’t condemn what I don’t know. 

Tow bar set up
Chargerman

Not sure what kind of pics you saw but I have not heard or see any issues which their products but I’m sure there’s folks out there who have had issues with ever tow setup out there. So far I’m very happy with their setup. I’ve had it three years now

AlanC2

Vito,

The Trace was actually a great unit.  It had the shunt and the AGS built in, whereas Magnum Energy makes you ad on everything separately. The shunt is the reason for the battery negative connection and the chassis ground on the side of the trace, and I realize that without that, there is no ground.

I installed a Victron BMV 712 battery monitor when I installed solar 2 years ago and it is great.

What did you use for a power source for the ME-AGS-N?

Thanks.

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST 

Ivan K

Vito, where did you install the Victron shunt? I am still considering it for our solar setup and the shunt is not weather resistant, right?

Should have probably added that our inverter is Trace 3012.

Gary Cole

Just to be clear, the software would be specific to the controller manufacturer, not Monaco. A wild guess would be Allen Bradley given the age. Anyone with Allen Bradley's, software, or other could locate and diagnose the problem.

Tow bar set up
96 EVO
2 hours ago, fiat124man said:

Would that reason be ................. there cheap 🤔?

Tow bar set up
JDCrow
1 hour ago, Chargerman said:

Not sure what kind of pics you saw but I have not heard or see any issues which their products but I’m sure there’s folks out there who have had issues with ever tow setup out there. So far I’m very happy with their setup. I’ve had it three years now

Yeah it’s not my place to take down what I don’t know. There are just pics on a review that were a head scratcher. 

Tow bar set up
Chargerman
1 minute ago, 96 EVO said:

Would that reason be ................. there cheap 🤔?

And very affective and easy to setup and get underway. As they say “don’t knock it until you’ve tried it”. 

Nervous Supply
Jim McFarland

The phone number on their website does not answer or didn’t today. 

Jim

Tow bar set up
96 EVO

Steve, chances of me trying one are slim to none.

I have a SMI Airforce one system.

Electric schematic for Holiday Rambler Imperial 2000
Jim-Denise

The were traveling on Sunday and our RV, we heard a loud screeching noise and the windshield wipers when crazy and the motor home died.   The chassis battery was fried.   We had it towed and it is currently at a Cummins garage.   

Got a new battery, but the key fuse blows out.     The fuse is in a Monaco 1 Brand fuse box We need the schematic to try and find the issue.    We need to know where the fuse connects.

Thank you

IMG_5509.thumb.jpeg.e97998fe3ce5aca5c5adf14872cc58c7.jpeg

Ray Davis

Near the top of this page click on downloads.

Find categories then electrical systems,  click on wiring diagrams,  and browse thru those 

Gary M
21 minutes ago, Jim-Denise said:

The were traveling on Sunday and our RV, we heard a loud screeching noise and the windshield wipers when crazy and the motor home died.   The chassis battery was fried.   We had it towed and it is currently at a Cummins garage.   

Got a new battery, but the key fuse blows out.     The fuse is in a Monaco 1 Brand fuse box We need the schematic to try and find the issue.    We need to know where the fuse connects.

Thank you

IMG_5509.thumb.jpeg.e97998fe3ce5aca5c5adf14872cc58c7.jpeg

In the hierarchy of coaches, the Dynasty and Beaver Monterey are close. Check the files as Ray said.

Location of the Dash Annunciator
Yoaks5

While trying to troubleshoot my Faria tach/air gauges (they just started windshield wipering back and forth once I turn the key on) I discovered there are no alarms or notifications for low air pressure, turn signal, light left on, etc. I am not sure if this no alarm issue could be from the gauge issue? I wouldn’t think so since it wouldn’t have anything to do with the other function of the annunciator. I can’t figure out why the gauge is not working any longer but figured I could get new air gauges and use my BlueFire for the RPM’s. If anyone has any idea’s on how to fix these gauges let me know. I know they are not supported by the manufacturer any longer and they don’t have parts. 

However, what I would like to find and fix is the Annunciator. I believe its a small box about 2 inches square with a 14 wire plug going into it. I know it should be located in the dash under the access panel but I have taken it along with the gauges and stereo panels out to look and can’t find it. Also looked in the arm rest on the left side of the driver. I’m not sure if it was removed by the previous owner. If so I would think I could find the plug or a bunch of cut wires. So far I haven’t found anything. Any ideas on how to find this? 

This is on our new to us 2006 Navigator.

78E290F3-D25C-42C2-8C2D-05AF6B5420EA.png

ekgflashnet

I also replaced my Trace Inverter, but replaced it with a Xantrex Freedom PSW.  I also had the same issue with the Trace having three cable connections, while the Freedom has 2 battery cable connections.  As described above, I also connected the ground cable to the negative battery cable.  I noticed something though while monitoring the system with my clamp meter.  First, in charging mode, I measured the amps on the positive cable.  Then I measured the amps on the negative battery cable, and it was not the same.  So, I then measured the ground cable and found some of the amps on that cable as well.  Here's the numbers I found in my test while charging which I don't understand.  On the positive cable at the battery, I measured +20A while in charge mode, on the negative battery cable I read -23A, and on the ground cable I read +3A.  Does this make sense?  I see that the total Amps on both negative/ground cable add up to the value on the positive cable, but how do you get positive amps coming from a ground cable which is attached to a ground lug on the frame.  Maybe I don't understand the flow of current here.  Has anyone else noticed if there are amps flowing thru the ground cable?  I found similar results when testing the inverter except that the numbers are reversed.

steveg 2005 ddiv

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.