Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/512-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Awning Fabric Replacement
SteveK
Gooseneck map light
Dave Pumphrey
Airing down
Dave Pumphrey
Led marker/Turn signals
Dave Pumphrey
Airing down
Jeff H
Airing down
Dr4Film
Gooseneck map light
Steven
Aqua hot problems
Dr4Film
Relays in Breaker Box
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
Relays in Breaker Box
Dr4Film
Bootlegger
redstickbill
Airing down
Jeff H
Airing down
Dr4Film
Relays in Breaker Box
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
Airing down
Endeavor to RV
Relays in Breaker Box
Dr4Film
Wiper Blew Off in the Wind
monacowner
John Haggard
Dr4Film
SigPIlot
Relays in Breaker Box
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
monacowner
Water leak from rain
rcl285
Nervous Supply
rcl285
Relays in Breaker Box
Dr4Film
Dr4Film
Airing down
rvingstuff
Airing down
waterskier_1
Airing down
Jim McGarvie
monacowner
Airing down
96 EVO
96 EVO
Joelsheriff
Water leak from rain
96 EVO
PeterSchweizer
John Haggard
FUSE FOR NORCOLD
bobstromain

SteveK

Does anyone know where to get their awning fabric replaced in the middle Tennessee area?

Replace Hour meter on a 7.5 Onan generator
SteveK

Has anyone replaced the hour meter on their Onan generator? I cannot figure out how to get the old one out to replace it. 

Gooseneck map light
Dave Pumphrey

Steve, do you realize that you made a post in your signature line?🤔

Mark, do you have a link for that light?

Thank You 

Airing down
Dave Pumphrey

I have HWH air leveling on our 2000 Dynasty, I always dump the front to get the step low as possible, then, if needed, make other adjustments to get level. With this system, dumping bags does not dump tanks...

Led marker/Turn signals
Dave Pumphrey
On 10/6/2020 at 9:11 PM, stillrunning_60@hotmail.com said:

Purchased some new side led marker/turn signals (see attached) to replace the old ones. The old lights have only two wires whereas the new led lights has three wires. The problem I am having is I can only get the turn signals to work and then only one of the two led bulbs work. In checkIng the package the lights are for brake/turn/stop lights. Anyone have suggestions or will these lights just not work. 2002 windsor

03B84523-F056-4CFC-927C-943FC5E58D33.jpeg

Do you remember where you got these?

I could use 2 pairs...

Airing down
Jeff H

My 06 Diplomat, with hydraulic leveling dumps the air bags but they will refill if the system pressure is high enough.  it would be nice to have a way to lower the coach without having to reduceair pressure tothe point of the low air alarm going off.

No interior lights, No power to AC controllers, Overhead Fans not working, everything else ok
Dr4Film
11 hours ago, ok-rver said:

I bit of additional info on the House Battery Cut-off Switch at the entry door. My switch has some sort of slider button on the rocker. I do not know the function.  The relay in the driver side front compartment has a circuit board "attached" to the coil terminal. It appears the function of the circuit board is to convert this solenoid to being a latch circuit. Rocking the switch up on my switch sends power to the solenoid and changes the solenoid to the opposite state (on/off). Other coaches may have it set up differently.

I don't believe it left the factory that way. Cam you post a photo of the switch and bezel?

Also, I believe that the solenoid you are speaking of is a Latching Solenoid versus a Constant Duty solenoid. Some coaches may have come with Latching ones especially the later ones but most of the earlier ones like mine came with Constant Duty solenoids which were HOT all the time unless turned off. Those type of solenoids have a high failure rate.

Airing down
Dr4Film

Jeff,

I would think that having the ignition key turned OFF would accomplish that task such that the air bags do NOT refill until the ignition key is turned back on.

I wonder if there is a missing or faulty ignition lockout relay that is allowing the air bags to raise when they are not supposed to.

Gooseneck map light
Steven

Thank you, I did not realize.

Ivylog

I would just add one on the outside.E090B729-83D2-4C09-9369-EE47F09431EE.thumb.png.5fb969e1803a7e91300e24ae1e54a4c9.png

Aqua hot problems
Dr4Film

One other task you should do is to sign up on Roger Berke's Hydronic Heating Discussion Forum. Lot's of great information and knowledgeable members.

Roger is one of a few Aqua-Hot guru's in this country. If he doesn't know the answer, no one will.

http://forum.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/content.php

Relays in Breaker Box
bmulvenna@hotmail.com

Anyone know what these relays(I think) are for inside of the breaker box? Possibly related to a surge protector?

Thanks on advance for any input.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MFLNaRLbnnXyyh798

Mike Mulvenna 

2004 Dynasty?

Relays in Breaker Box
Dr4Film

One is most likely for your Electric Assist Element in your Hot Water heater.

The other is for the Engine Block Heater.

These relays are activated using low voltage 12 VDC switches however the relay passes high voltage 120 VAC to the appropriate device.

Bootlegger

Steve, I do not have an answer for an install shop in Tennessee, but there are plenty of YouTube videos on how to do the job yourself.  I recently replaced mine by myself and it took about 2 hours.  It would have been easier with 2 people, but you can do it yourself.  Good luck.

Deal on low mileage 2007 HR at insurance auction
Ray Davis

Some people thrive on this sort of stuff.   It depends mostly on ones skills and tolerance for punishing themselves.

If you hang out any on the other forum you have probably followed this thread.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/just-purchased-wrecked-2004-camelot-pdq-big-project-444980.html

I have no doubt that this young man could repair it.

redstickbill

Steve,

I would contact Stone Vos to purchase the fabric and it can be installed by yourself, a second person helping makes the project much easier.

Stone Vos has provided the awning fabric for my last two coaches, always good service and prices. Contact them at 352-942-0224.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

Airing down
Jeff H
1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

Jeff,

I would think that having the ignition key turned OFF would accomplish that task such that the air bags do NOT refill until the ignition key is turned back on.

I wonder if there is a missing or faulty ignition lockout relay that is allowing the air bags to raise when they are not supposed to.

You are correct but to level or move the coach I need the key on.  So to level I have to reduce the air pressure to the point it won't raise the coach which is just below when the alarm comes on.  I suppose one could wire the leveling so it did not require the ignition to be on.

Airing down
Dr4Film
1 minute ago, Jeff H said:

You are correct but to level or move the coach I need the key on.  So to level I have to reduce the air pressure to the point it won't raise the coach which is just below when the alarm comes on.  I suppose one could wire the leveling so it did not require the ignition to be on.

Well once again the Monaco "pillow" engineers strike again. It just makes common sense (which they lacked) that you should NOT need the ignition key on to level.

Thankfully, it is that way with Air Leveling and should have been that way with Hydraulic Leveling also.

John Haggard

I agree Ray

In the 60s Dad  had a talented welder, fabricator work for him for 25 years.

His son,  about my age is of the same capabilities and actions 

They buy junk for little to nothing and spend 100s or thousands of man hours rebuilding cars, trucks, boats and motorhome s.

They admit that if they counted the value of labor, shop time and expenses. 

Plus new or junk yard parts. 🤔

They come out about even or over cost of buying the same model and year outright and using the vehicle,  boat or rv for that 1 to 5 years of ownership. 

They say only 50% of bus conversations are completed by the original owner with intentions to have a drivable, live in traveling conversion. 

The people that take the bus to a conversion company and say.

You have a year and an open check book.

Those people get a usable , selable rv .

To be proud of. In a year or two. 

Spending BIG BUCKS 

JDCrow
55 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Some people thrive on this sort of stuff.   It depends mostly on ones skills and tolerance for punishing themselves.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/just-purchased-wrecked-2004-camelot-pdq-big-project-444980.html

Started reading that thread. That guy definitely thrives on projects. 

Relays in Breaker Box
bmulvenna@hotmail.com

Thanks. Yes, that is what relays are for. I was looking for any advice as to what they might control.

Airing down
Endeavor to RV
32 minutes ago, Jeff H said:

On my '03 Endeavor I turn the key to the left, accessory position, to dump air and use hydraulic levelers. No alarm. Perhaps your rig will work this way?

John Haggard
1 hour ago, Ray Davis said:

He is a good friend of ours living outside of Hamler, malenta Ohio.

We both boat some on the Maumee River. 

He is a genius. 

Building cars, boats, Airplanes,  and  a submarine 

And he still races motocross motorcycles 

He ran flat track at one time.

Great guy

He bought the cap for the Monaco at Visone in Kentucky. 

What's different is.

He has and is willing to spend BIG, BIG BUCKS , ON Quality Investments. 

Relays in Breaker Box
Dr4Film

Mike,

Re-READ my first two sentences in my post!

monacowner

Hey Gang,

I lost my driver side wiper during our cross-country trip with the family this summer. Only the arm that extends from the motor remains.

I contacted Wiper Technologies, and they said they don't carry the 32’’ arm part # 1433290, which is apparently what I need. They do have a 29" version, which I may end up having no choice but to buy.

Anybody know of another source? I have included a few pics in case they prove helpful.

Thank you!

Don

Here are those pics I promised.

20210717_082330_2.jpg

20210717_082310_2.jpg

20210811_160102_2.jpg

I was able to find these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Motorhome-Recreational-Vehicle-Refills/dp/B07H4DG5D3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=B07H4DG5D3&qid=1628775411&sr=8-1

They look promising, although it's hard to tell how the included hardware ligns up with my wiper arms. My MH is listed in the list of MHs that these wipers supposedly work on though.

John Haggard
3 minutes ago, monacowner said:

Hey Gang,

I lost my driver side wiper during our cross-country trip with the family this summer. Only the arm that extends from the motor remains.

I contacted Wiper Technologies, and they said they don't carry the 32’’ arm part # 1433290, which is apparently what I need. They do have a 29" version, which I may end up having no choice but to buy.

Anybody know of another source? I have included a few pics in case they prove helpful.

Thank you!

Don

Here are those pics I promised.

20210717_082330_2.jpg

20210717_082310_2.jpg

20210811_160102_2.jpg

Same thing happened to me 2 years ago.

But mine broke off at the attachment point. 

When I was at visone 6 months latter they got me a matching pair off a 2001 Signature sitting out front.

Now I have 1 spare. 

Dr4Film

I no longer spend the exorbitant price that they get for the 32 inch RV wiper blades. Last time I did that they were over $50 each.

I switched over to the 28 inch Michelin Stealth Wiper Blades which I buy at most Walmart's around the country.

I would JB Weld the piece back onto the arm and let'er rip.

SigPIlot

Check NAPA. As I recall I bought a pair from them a few years ago. May not be 32" but seem to work just fine.

Gary Cole

Interesting videos. I'm guilty myself of spending far too much time on old cars and vintage motorcycles. No one that I know makes money doing it, including myself.

I looked at the RV a couple of months ago through the fence as the office was closed. Very nice looking and well maintained except for the scalping. I'm guessing he nearly cleared a low overpass. Didn't even crack the windshield. Came close to doing that myself one time. First thing I noticed was the chunks of concrete missing from the bottom of the bridge as I approached it at some speed. The hardest part was having to back out against uncooperative traffic  and into a very busy street.

Relays in Breaker Box
bmulvenna@hotmail.com

Sorry, I did not see them. I don't have a hot water heater. Have an aquahot.

monacowner
10 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I no longer spend the exorbitant price that they get for the 32 inch RV wiper blades. Last time I did that they were over $50 each.

I switched over to the 28 inch Michelin Stealth Wiper Blades which I buy at most Walmart's around the country.

I would JB Weld the piece back onto the arm and let'er rip.

I never thought of JB welding a 28" wiper from wal mart. If the amazon blades I found don't work (see link above), I may end up doing just that.

JDCrow
14 minutes ago, Gary Cole said:

Interesting videos. I'm guilty myself of spending far too much time on old cars and vintage motorcycles. No one that I know makes money doing it, including myself.

I looked at the RV a couple of months ago through the fence as the office was closed. Very nice looking and well maintained except for the scalping. I'm guessing he nearly cleared a low overpass. Didn't even crack the windshield. Came close to doing that myself one time. First thing I noticed was the chunks of concrete missing from the bottom of the bridge as I approached it at some speed. The hardest part was having to back out against uncooperative traffic  and into a very busy street.

Are they aluminum roofs or Fiberglass back in the day? 

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow

New 5vr delayed in PDI. Brought her in from the lake to knock a few more things off the list 

0896C6B0-1266-49D9-9ADA-A54131FB96E8.jpeg

Water leak from rain
rcl285

One thing to consider is that just because you see water in a spot doesn’t necessarily mean that the source is nearby.  The roof structure consists of several layers, a fiberglass sheet, a plywood layer, foam block insulation and the interior panels.  Each layer is somewhat waterproof so the water can travel for some distance. when I bought my coach, the prior owner was struggling with a water leak that showed up on either side neat the windshield.  Attempts had been made to caulk the inside, which, of course was futile.  It took a bit of detective work to discover the source.  It turned out that it was missed caulk at the tv antenna.  The caulking was done with the antenna was in the down position and the area under the mast was not caulked.  The water could travel from that To either side, depending on the tilt of the coach.  Some years later, another leak showed up.  This one was from the satellite dish on the roof.  The mounting consists of several metal plates that form the connection to the roof.  They are first screwed tp the roof and then the dish Is fastened to those plates.  They are long enough to allow a bit of flex in the mounting.  They were caulked around the roof mounting screws and the edge of the plate.  The flex end of the plate is free to move up and down with the sat antenna.  However, water could get under the plate and penetrate the roof screw holes  because there was no caulk there.  The lesson is that water can travel for some distance between the source an where you see it inside.

Dick L. ‘04 Imperial

Nervous Supply
rcl285

Nervous Supply…. Sounds like auto-correct strikes again.

Dick L. ‘04 Imperial

Rikadoo

Mornin everyone, as a now retired mechanic i had worked for some folks that were restoring projects similar to what this guy did. They were mostly cars an trucks and i did the wiring part, im sure taking on a project of that magnatude takes someone with a strong vision of what an how there going to do to get it back to its glory.

During the vidio he made reference to the shower doors, one was not taken do to it had hinges, however the second one was missing, he made reference to the auction may have been the culprits. Pardon my ignorance but why are the shower doors taken? And i could see how loose items are subject to proliferation by some “people” like knobs or radio fronts? But a SHOWER DOOR! Its not like they can stuff that in there pocket… is there that much of a market for shower doors? Guess im kinda naïve if there is.

I

Relays in Breaker Box
Dr4Film

Mike,

That IS your hot water heater even though it also provides heat to your coach. The Aqua-Hot has a 120 VAC Electric Assist Element which is powered through THAT relay in your photo which is activated with a 12 VDC switch which is located adjacent to the Aqua-Hot Diesel Switch.

May I strongly suggest that you first find out exactly what Aqua-Hot model is installed in your coach then go to the Aqua-Hot web site below to download your specific model manuals, Owners, Parts, Service, etc.

http://www.aquahot.com/library.aspx

JDCrow
6 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

Mornin everyone, as a now retired mechanic i had worked for some folks that were restoring projects similar to what this guy did. They were mostly cars an trucks and i did the wiring part, im sure taking on a project of that magnatude takes someone with a strong vision of what an how there going to do to get it back to its glory.

During the vidio he made reference to the shower doors, one was not taken do to it had hinges, however the second one was missing, he made reference to the auction may have been the culprits. Pardon my ignorance but why are the shower doors taken? And i could see how loose items are subject to proliferation by some “people” like knobs or radio fronts? But a SHOWER DOOR! Its not like they can stuff that in there pocket… is there that much of a market for shower doors? Guess im kinda naïve if there is.

I

Nothing surprises me anymore.  When I bought a piece of property a few years ago, it was littered with bicycle tires and tubes, 100s.

Talking with a local LEO bud, methheads take just the font bike tire off a locked bike. Just for tiny amount of aluminum they get money for at the scrap yard. 

Drugs make good people so crazy things 

Dr4Film

Don,

Maybe I didn't explain myself exactly, but when I spoke of using JB Weld, that was only for the rectangle U shape base part which holds the blade and washer port to the long arm.

Once that part is remounted back onto the long arm using JB Weld then any size blade up to 32 inch can be mounted to the rectangle U shape base using the bolt and nut that are presently in there now.

Airing down
rvingstuff

I've read this thread and keep wondering why everyone is "airing down." When I replaced all of my air bags, I was told that their life cycle will be extended if you DON'T allow them in the totally "aired down" position. The reasoning is that when they are flat - aired down - there is far more pressure on the sides of the bags.

This made good sense to me and I've followed that rule-of-thumb ever since.

Now, if it's the idea that your coach is too high for ease of entry and exit, I carry a simple "step" to allow for the difference in height. This - to me - is a much less expensive option to early fatigue and need for replacement of very expensive air bags.

Just my "2 cents."

Airing down
waterskier_1

We had a similar discussion regarding this on another forum.  We concluded that coaches with Air Ride only (no Air Leveling), must dump everything (both air tanks) to drop the coach.  Coaches with Air Leveling (specifically HWH and maybe Power Gear) do NOT need to dump the air tanks to drop the coach.  On those systems with air leveling there are 6-pack valves (solenoids) that control routing of the air to the air bags.  When Air Level dump valve is energized only the air level valves are operational, and the ride height valves are inhibited.  Therefore, the main air tanks are disconnected from the air bags when the coach ignition is OFF.  Now if you start the engine, the coach will begin to rise as the ride height valves become energized again.  I think, but have not tested a Power Gear system to confirm it operates the same.  As previously stated, if you don't have Air Level, you don't have the 6-pack valves to isolate the ride height valves, and the main air tanks, so you have to dump everything.

Most people choose to dump before leveling to get the coach as low to the ground as possible.  It's not required because if the coach can't be leveled by adding air to the low side, the system will dump air as necessary (within it's design limits).  

I think anyone who stores their coach, and doesn't have leveling enabled (with power for the compressor), or on hydraulic jacks, the coach is going to settle all the way down eventually.

Airing down
Jim McGarvie
2 minutes ago, waterskier_1 said:

We had a similar discussion regarding this on another forum.  We concluded that coaches with Air Ride only (no Air Leveling), must dump everything (both air tanks) to drop the coach.  Coaches with Air Leveling (specifically HWH and maybe Power Gear) do NOT need to dump the air tanks to drop the coach.  On those systems with air leveling there are 6-pack valves (solenoids) that control routing of the air to the air bags.  When Air Level dump valve is energized only the air level valves are operational, and the ride height valves are inhibited.  Therefore, the main air tanks are disconnected from the air bags when the coach ignition is OFF.  Now if you start the engine, the coach will begin to rise as the ride height valves become energized again.  I think, but have not tested a Power Gear system to confirm it operates the same.  As previously stated, if you don't have Air Level, you don't have the 6-pack valves to isolate the ride height valves, and the main air tanks, so you have to dump everything.

Most people choose to dump before leveling to get the coach as low to the ground as possible.  It's not required because if the coach can't be leveled by adding air to the low side, the system will dump air as necessary (within it's design limits).  

I think anyone who stores their coach, and doesn't have leveling enabled (with power for the compressor), or on hydraulic jacks, the coach is going to settle all the way down eventually.

Spot on, Rick. Our coach does not have air leveling, and deflating the air bags deflates the entire system, tank and all. And as you point out in your last sentence, within a couple of days our bags are fully deflated no matter what we do.

monacowner

Don,

Maybe I didn't explain myself exactly, but when I spoke of using JB Weld, that was only for the rectangle U shape base part which holds the blade and washer port to the long arm.

Once that part is remounted back onto the long arm using JB Weld then any size blade up to 32 inch can be mounted to the rectangle U shape base using the bolt and nut that are presently in there now.

Thanks Richard. That's what I had understood. If you can, I'd love to see a pic of your solution.

Airing down
96 EVO
53 minutes ago, waterskier_1 said:

We had a similar discussion regarding this on another forum.  We concluded that coaches with Air Ride only (no Air Leveling), must dump everything (both air tanks) to drop the coach.  Coaches with Air Leveling (specifically HWH and maybe Power Gear) do NOT need to dump the air tanks to drop the coach.  

Yes, the Valid / Power Gear system works the same.

96 EVO

Wonder if you can purchase aftermarket 'airfoils' that would help keep the wipers planted to the windshield 🤔?

Joelsheriff

Ditto on Stone Vos great fabric and stitching and nice people.  DIY or like me, pay someone. 

Water leak from rain
96 EVO
3 hours ago, rcl285 said:

It took a bit of detective work to discover the source.  It turned out that it was missed caulk at the tv antenna.  The caulking was done with the antenna was in the down position and the area under the mast was not caulked.   

Could you post a picture?

I didn't think there was anyplace under the mast that would allow water in, unless it was an inch or so deep.

*edit* Did they just stop sealing the base to roof joint on each side of the mast :classic_huh:?

PeterSchweizer

Wal Mart. But you may have to modify the connection. There are several options use original piviot mount  n place a bolt thru the side of wiper 

John Haggard
1 minute ago, PeterSchweizer said:

Wal Mart. But you may have to modify the connection. There are several options use original piviot mount  n place a bolt thru the side of wiper 

Yes

It's certainly not rocket science 😉🤗

FUSE FOR NORCOLD
bobstromain

Anyone know where the 12 volt fuse supplying the Norcold is located on an 04 Windsor? I am changing the control board.  I can probably just pull the  12 v wires apart but prevent any problems I would like to kill the 12 v at it's source  

Thanks 

Bob St. Romain

04 windsor

FUSE FOR NORCOLD
John Haggard
2 minutes ago, bobstromain said:

Anyone know where the 12 volt fuse supplying the Norcold is located on an 04 Windsor? I am changing the control board.  I can probably just pull the  12 v wires apart but prevent any problems I would like to kill the 12 v at it's source  

Thanks 

Bob St. Romain

04 windsor

There is a 12 volt wire feed to your control board. 

fuses for power water hose
Duanebalogh

Hi we have a 2006 Monaco Exective  and our power water hose wont work, can someone tell us where the fuse for it would be?  We think thats the problem,  thank you in advance

klcdenver

I would try the RV salvage yards

"Warning" light in dash stays on
JohnnyDiesel
I just bought a 2001 Executive. I noticed a red "warning" light was always on. The previous owner said it had been on for years and nobody knew why.
The owners manual eluded to a possible low fluid condition but I find everything is full. Anyone have this light on their rig?
My coach has a Cummins ISM 500 and I can't identify a troubleshooting method to zero in the cause of the light.
I checked for DTCs and there are none. I checked the wiring diagram and see that the "warning" light is triggered by the engine ECM.
The coach runs well. I drove it home 350 miles no issues.
Thanks in advance.

PXL_20210811_131445678.jpg

John Haggard
3 minutes ago, JohnnyDiesel said:
I just bought a 2001 Executive. I noticed a red "warning" light was always on. The previous owner said it had been on for years and nobody knew why.
The owners manual eluded to a possible low fluid condition but I find everything is full. Anyone have this light on their rig?
My coach has a Cummins ISM 500 and I can't identify a troubleshooting method to zero in the cause of the light.
I checked for DTCs and there are none. I checked the wiring diagram and see that the "warning" light is triggered by the engine ECM.
The coach runs well. I drove it home 350 miles no issues.
Thanks in advance.

PXL_20210811_131445678.jpg

Code for my ISM 500 showed a bad 

For mine

Barometric pressure sensor. 

And an updated wiring harness.

$260 diagnosis and installation 

Took 20 minutes.

More power certanly 

Chargerman

If you open the door in the wet bay and look inside along the bottom where the reel is you should find a resettable fuse. I’ll take a picture of mine if you can’t find it

Airing down
Dr4Film
1 hour ago, waterskier_1 said:

I think anyone who stores their coach, and doesn't have Air Leveling enabled (with power for the compressor), or on hydraulic jacks, the coach is going to settle all the way down eventually.

I guess this makes perfect sense for coaches with Hydraulic Jacks to dump all air first which usually takes a long time to drain both tanks and air bags too, then level, or is it not necessary when you have jacks?

Never had a coach with jacks so I don't know what the procedure is. I guess once the jacks are in place the air bags are out of play.

I do know that Monaco ALWAYS recommends deploying slides at Ride Height then leveling. Does that mean that once you activate the leveling control panel the system will dump all air FIRST then deploy the jacks to level?

Just wondering....

Duanebalogh

ok well look and get back, thanks

thank you so much, we fond it and  reset it and it works.  Im so glad we joined this site since it has really helped with other peoples problems on coaches. Have a great day 

JohnnyDiesel
7 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

Code for my ISM 500 showed a bad 

For mine

Barometric pressure sensor. 

And an updated wiring harness.

$260 diagnosis and installation 

Took 20 minutes.

More power certanly 

Thanks John, interesting. Do you know the fault code number and the new part number by chance?

FUSE FOR NORCOLD
Dr4Film
34 minutes ago, bobstromain said:

Anyone know where the 12 volt fuse supplying the Norcold is located on an 04 Windsor?

I have a domestic 12 VDC Fuse Panel in an overhead cabinet in the bedroom which has one fuse for the fridge. Check to see where your Domestic Fuse Panel is located and look for one there.

redstickbill

If it is like my Dynasty it's in the rear run box in the engine compartment.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

Duanebalogh

We found it in the wet bay and reset it so now it works perfect, thanks

Dr4Film
1 hour ago, monacowner said:

Thanks Richard. That's what I had understood. If you can, I'd love to see a pic of your solution.

Here is a photo with the 28 inch Michelin Wiper Blades that I described above.

20210319_121229.jpg

Question for Owners of WINDSORS Originally Equipped with Trace Engineering RV2012 Inverter/Charger
ekgflashnet

Your right.  I think your question was about the generator sense wire. If I remember correctly,  I had a temperature sensitive auto start feature on my coach.  I was able to use that wire to connect to the new AGS that I purchased with the inverter.  Not sure if you have such a feature to leverage from

steveg 2005 DDIV

Ivan K
1 hour ago, John Haggard said:

Yes

It's certainly not rocket science 😉🤗

I modified the first pair and now I just replace the rubber inserts.

John Haggard
45 minutes ago, JohnnyDiesel said:

Thanks John, interesting. Do you know the fault code number and the new part number by chance?

Sorry

No

A certified Cummins service center just east of Morgantown West Virginia  Down a hill below a pilot station. On the old state route 

Cost to Checked for codes, $60. Erased the 1. Code and replaced the harness and Barometric pressure sensore.

Total bill listed above.

GoSkeeterPopGo

John, 

That is interesting information.  My 2001 HR Endeavor has the same "warning" light and on occasion it will flicker or stay on for a short period of time like when driving up a steep hill.  I thought it was also connected to fluid levels such as coolant and hydro.  One time I found the coolant a bit low, topped it off and problem solved.  However you now have me thinking it could be a bad Barometric Pressure sensor....which somehow relates to "engine power"???

At times, I feel my 330hp engine should have more power, so I am wondering if I should have this checked?  I will be passing thru Morgantown, WV in Sept on my wat to Colorado/South Dakota, so maybe I should swing in there and see if they can diagnose?

What wiring harness was upgraded/replaced?

Chargerman

Good job!  Glad I was able to help you out. 

dleeadkins

Call Kristen at Rome Truck Parts. They know wiper systems.

http://www.rometruckparts.com

John Haggard
6 minutes ago, GoSkeeterPopGo said:

John, 

That is interesting information.  My 2001 HR Endeavor has the same "warning" light and on occasion it will flicker or stay on for a short period of time like when driving up a steep hill.  I thought it was also connected to fluid levels such as coolant and hydro.  One time I found the coolant a bit low, topped it off and problem solved.  However you now have me thinking it could be a bad Barometric Pressure sensor....which somehow relates to "engine power"???

At times, I feel my 330hp engine should have more power, so I am wondering if I should have this checked?  I will be passing thru Morgantown, WV in Sept on my wat to Colorado/South Dakota, so maybe I should swing in there and see if they can diagnose?

What wiring harness was upgraded/replaced?

That wiring wire harness was a recall from Cummins years ago. 

It attached in line to the Barometric pressure sensor .

It's a long time family Cummins service center that takes walk ins 

Off I-68 behind Pilot on the North side 

They said before they ran the codes that the light could indicate any one or more of 100 issues.

Fortunately 

This was a simple fix. 

Tow bar set up
JDCrow

First package today 

C4594219-252B-4B9F-8494-1DE12B4A9758.jpeg

5C6FF67B-E9F0-4626-A229-4AC06C44A19A.jpeg

Tow bar set up
Dr4Film

I don't see the Wireless Monitor. Is it tucked under the manual?

FUSE FOR NORCOLD
ko7pjim
1 hour ago, bobstromain said:

Thanks 

Bob St. Romain

04 windsor

You aren't referring to the one on the control board are you?

Tow bar set up
JDCrow
2 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I don't see the Wireless Monitor. Is it tucked under the manual?

Well working on that as I type. It’s not there 

Airing down
eddie4ne

I guess this makes perfect sense for coaches with Hydraulic Jacks to dump all air first which usually takes a long time to drain both tanks and air bags too, then level, or is it not necessary when you have jacks?

We always air down before storage bc it will leak unevenly.

Transmission Temp Sensor on Cummins ISC 330?
GoSkeeterPopGo

Hey Yall,

I have a 2001 HR Endeavor with the Cummins ISC330.  Anyone know where the transmission temp sensor is located, and if there is a replacement part for it?  My gauge reads "nill" so its either a bad sensor or a wiring issue? Thanks.

ko7pjim

On my 2004 Camelot it was low coolant.  The coolant purge tank leaks a bit and needs to be replaced.

JDCrow

Same, so will be curious as well

Ivan K

Matt, look by the front of transmission pan for a loose or hanging single wire. Ours is 4060 series but I would believe the external sensor, not used by the ECM,  is in the same location.

Knight - 4 New Bilstein B6 Shock Absorber (front)
IlliniCathy

Are all 4 shocks the same?  We show our 2002 Knight uses 186599 on the rear.  Let me know.  We are interested in 2 shocks for the front.Thanks, Cathy

FUSE FOR NORCOLD
David K

Another way to disconnect all 12V power is to disconnect the batteries or shut them off with the main battery switch located in your battery compartment.

Ray Davis

Don,   I believe Bus Parts has what you need, they have a catalogue on line and they are friendly.

http://busparts.com/wiper.html

Gooseneck map light
Ukulelemark
10 hours ago, Dave Pumphrey said:

Steve, do you realize that you made a post in your signature line?🤔

Mark, do you have a link for that light?

Thank You 

02F36ED8-1D9C-4747-948B-021F9BBBD31B.png

On Fire watch
Gary Cole

A couple of weeks ago I replaced my cooktop with a shiny new one with auto ignition. When I inspected the appliance regulator I found that it was defective. Doing nothing, no restriction in either direction. As I understand it the secondary regulator is a backup in case the main tank regulator fails and possibly fills the interior space with propane at upwards of 200 psi. I'm wondering what are the odds of a regulator failing open as I stand there holding one in my hand. A very serious hazard would be a failure at an appliance which started automatically such as the water heater or refrigerator. 

The new one cost $8.00. Turned the propane off till I can replace all the regulators including the one at the main tank. I don't see any point in taking a chance. Just because an older regulator is working one day doesn't mean its not going to fail the next.

A few days after that I had a 12V 4D house battery battery go bad and reach a temperature of 176 degrees on charge before I spotted it during a walk around. I had thought that the inverter might be able to detect such an event. Apparent not. I checked the inverter temp sense lead and it was hooked up. To the battery next to the one which failed.

Airing down
waterskier_1

Richard,  tree rationale for dumping air is the same for air & hydraulic leveling, to keep the coach as close to the ground as possible.  Most don't want to have to use a step ladder to get in the Front door.   This has nothing to do with when the slides are deployed.  As you stated, Monaco says to move slides only at ride height.  This means the first thing you do is deploy the slides.  Then, if you choose, you can dump air - but you don't have to (depending oh how level the ground is).  The next thing is to level - you may choose manual or automatic, it's up to you.  The statement I made earlier holds for hydraulic jacks too;  if you have air ride, you'd have to dump all air, if you have air leveling but choose not to use it (I don't use mine), the air leveling valves are still there and continue to function.  The valves don't know you are using jacks.  The amount of time it takes has nothing to do with jacks, but rather whether the coach has air leveling or just air ride.  Other factors can also affect the time, such as clogged dump valves, but not the presence or absence of jacks.  Of course if the coach doesn't have air leveling, it will have jacks.  But just because it has air leveling doesn't mean it won't have jacks.  I prefer the solid connection between the frame and the ground - it minimizes the movement of people walking around - especially up the steps out in the slide.  I guess all the good reasons for having ride when going down the road are tree reasons I don't like it when parked.  

Yes once on the jacks, the bags are out of play, at least until you start the coach, at which time time ride height valves will cause the bags to start inflating.  I actually take advantage of that.  When I'm home, I'm leveled on the jacks, but unless I'm loading / unloading or working on something that requires a slide to be deployed, I keep my slides in (in storage) but level, so I can fire up the refrigerator.  If I need to deploy a slide, I simply start the engine and the compressor raises the coach, off the jacks (they are still extended, just no longer supporting anything) to ride height.  Then I shut down & deploy the slide.  When I'm done, I simply dump the air and I'm back on the jacks and level.... no need to re-level.

Location of the Dash Annunciator
Yoaks5

After more searching I don't think I have a dash annunciator. My owners manual says if the air pressure drops below 65psi an alarm will sound. At this point I know I'm supposed to have a low air alarm just don't know how it works, what it looks like or where it comes from.  Can't find any mention of it in the wiring schematics. Does anyone have a 2006 or newer Navigator or Monaco coach and know how it should work? What all items will make your alarm or chime go off? 

I still have the wiring schematics from my sold 04 navigator on pdf. The first picture is of the 04 nav instrument schematic. If I understand this correctly I would be looking for plug M7 (if I had a 2004 Navigator). My 06 schematics don't show this at all. They skip from plug m5 to m8 all on the same page. I can't find any instrument schematics at all. I'm now wondering if these alarms or charms go thru the actica gauges. 

The second picture is of the back of my gauges. What I believe is the Actia control module? is the black box with 2 air lines goin into it. The air lines are labeled Primary and Secondary. 

Anyone have a pdf copy of 2006 Navigator Schematics? That would be easier to search and I would really like to have a digital copy.  

An one have any ideas? At this point I'm out of ideas and don't know what to do next.

Thanks,

Kevin 

The 1397363104_04navinstrumentpnlschematic.thumb.jpg.29659cb94ba86472565e069a9d61b08b.jpg

06 nav back of gauges.jpg

Knight - 4 New Bilstein B6 Shock Absorber (front)
MrAmbassador

I am not sure if it fits the rear of the Knight. They look the same, but I am sure the throttling on the inside is different  (see pic below). I can sell two of them if you can pick them up or pay for shipping. I planned to pay for shipping if all 4-sold.  Please let me know. Thank you. 

1ADEF214-1E01-468C-BD35-DF2F9E672A0E.jpeg

285E90CD-6123-4DEA-9A97-50EAE53893DF.png

Diplomat Duo Therm Heat pump problem
Michael M

For what it's worth, I have 2 of the Dometic Reversal Valve Solenoids on order-(Part# 3310714.005) and so far they are on back order. I did find a reversal valve solenoid for a residential unit-(I think) that was the same 120 voltage as the Dometic and it looked the same except the 2 wires that come from the solenoid are 2 flat spades that plug into the solenoid instead of 'made into' the solenoid. The Brand is Ranco and the Part# is LDK-310000-070. I installed it on my Penquin and it works great! Hopefully the other solenoids will come in sometime in the future and I will use one on my front heat pump as it is 16 years old and I'd rather change it out when it's at my convenience instead of waiting until I'm using the A/C when it decides to quit and defaults into heat. Hope this will get someone out of a bind waiting on an original part.

Ranco Reversing Valve Solenoid-works in place of Dometic 3310714.005.jpeg

Making Fixed Basement Side panels Open and latch closed
ok-rver

New to us 2004 HR Scepter 40PDQ RR8S.  I have noticed on my coach that "all" of the basement side panels are hinged at the top. Some are permanently down with screwed brackets at the bottom. I have seen a post where the owner replaced these links on one of his covers with over center hasps from McMaster Carr. Looked like a great way to hold covers down but can be opened as needed. I would like to be able to open the 4 over the wheel wells. This would make measuring air bags pretty easy as I will be replacing the leveling valve plastic end fitting on the links and will have to adjust valves to get the correct ride height. I am going to replace shocks in the near future. it would also make getting to the top screw and nut much easier, I think. Wondering if anyone has worked thru opening these covers? 

On Fire watch
FishAR

I thought there were 2 regulators at the propane tank. Maybe I'm thinking about some other unit I've had before.

Location of the Dash Annunciator
willbo777

Kevin,

I have a 2007 Nav and had one of the air line fittings blow off that annunciator panel.  I contacted the manufacturer and was able to buy a new one and got extra air fittings.  Hope this helps.

IMG_0997.jpeg

IMG_1002.jpeg

IMG_1003.jpeg

IMG_1016.jpeg

IMG_1019.jpeg

IMG_1030.jpeg

IMG_1031.jpeg

IMG_1036.jpeg

Battery wire unidentifiable
ko7pjim
On 6/4/2021 at 11:28 AM, TigerMar said:

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has seen a connection like this before?  Changing out house batteries and I discovered this in the battery bay after removing old batteries. Was not attached to batteries as far as I could tell. 

thanks for any help

E6910C5F-3A17-4E5C-9CD9-24794E4FE8B5.jpeg

8EE2EA8A-F726-4719-A024-42E3C984E6BC.jpeg

DDBDD614-03BD-47FD-A421-55707876CB4A.jpeg

Battery thermister.  Batteries are charged based on temperature and charge.

On Fire watch
vito.a

Good thing you found the bad regulator.  

I've stopped using 4D and 8D batteries.  They just do not last.  

For the house I'm using 6V GC2 golf cart batteries.  Four in series parallel.  They last much longer and withstand the discharge/charge cycle better.  

For the engine start chassis battery I use two high output Group 31 batteries in parallel.  

vito.a

I also found the wire loose on ours.  I reinstalled it and added a zip tie to retain it.  

monacowner

Thanks everyone! I'll report back on my success with my 32" blades from Amazon. At just over $25 /blade (blade and holder that is), it's worth a shot!

Battery wire unidentifiable
KevinH

I think it’s either your temperature sensor for your solar controller or your inverter

'08 Scepter / Camelot front brakes
ok-rver

Cummins chassis inspection and service earlier this week on a new to use 2004 HR Scepter 40PDQ.  I am guessing I have the same front axle assembly. They showed me cracks in the front rotors. Posts are all over the place on replace immediately to not an issue. bendix rotors are $1k each. Centric that you used are $228. Wondering if others have run the Centric long enough to get  any idea of how long they will last?

Hancoman

I also have 2001 executive with the 500 hp Cummins with the warning light on, had it in the shop they checked the codes found nothing. Test drove the coach no change they said they would continue to try and track down the cause but we’re not hopeful and I was already at 1000 bucks , so I said I was good. Since then have driven cross country and back with no problems. That’s my 2 cents

John Haggard
9 minutes ago, Hancoman said:

I also have 2001 executive with the 500 hp Cummins with the warning light on, had it in the shop they checked the codes found nothing. Test drove the coach no change they said they would continue to try and track down the cause but we’re not hopeful and I was already at 1000 bucks , so I said I was good. Since then have driven cross country and back with no problems. That’s my 2 cents

So what did they do for $1,000  if there were no codes 🤔 ???

Goodyear RV Tire Article
ward_l_johnson

In the September, 2021 issue of Consumer Reports there is an interesting article covering Goodyear’s sordid history of its G159 tires sold for RV use and currently ongoing litigation. I can’t directly post the article as it is copyrighted, but the article is available for anyone to view on Consumer Reports web site at:

https://www.consumerreports.org/product-safety/goodyear-rv-tire-linked-to-multiple-deaths-is-still-on-motorhomes/

Hancoman

There were codes that they were chasing down, it’s been a year so I can’t remember what they were, I have the paper work in the coach but it is in the storage lot. It is very hot and smokey in Seattle so I am staying put for a couple days I will look ln a couple days

Led marker/Turn signals
stillrunning_60@hotmail.com

Dave I purchased these from etrailer.

John Haggard
2 minutes ago, Hancoman said:

There were codes that they were chasing down, it’s been a year so I can’t remember what they were, I have the paper work in the coach but it is in the storage lot. It is very hot and smokey in Seattle so I am staying put for a couple days I will look ln a couple days

So could they erase the codes and turn the light off 🤔 ?

Most Cummins technicians can. 

cbr046
13 hours ago, Ivylog said:

I would just add one on the outside.

Easier said than done

- bob

96 EVO
1 hour ago, monacowner said:

Thanks everyone! I'll report back on my success with my 32" blades from Amazon. At just over $25 /blade (blade and holder that is), it's worth a shot!

I'm in Canada, and paid big $ for a replacement pair of 32" wipers on Amazon!

If I recall, they were about $120CAD.

Led marker/Turn signals
Dave Pumphrey

Is the front all red, or 1/2 red, 1/2 yellow?

96 EVO

$1K is ridiculous for a rotor!

Hancoman

They did not turn the light out. Was not a Cummins shop but they did have the computer program for the codes. I eventually will have the light turned off

Ivan K
1 hour ago, ok-rver said:

Cummins chassis inspection and service earlier this week on a new to use 2004 HR Scepter 40PDQ.  I am guessing I have the same front axle assembly. They showed me cracks in the front rotors. Posts are all over the place on replace immediately to not an issue. bendix rotors are $1k each. Centric that you used are $228. Wondering if others have run the Centric long enough to get  any idea of how long they will last?

Not the same part number but I replaced my rear rotor with a NAPA piece a little over 10k miles ago, early last year. No cracks or noticeable wear yet. The rotor was a bit over $300 wit AITA discount. I use the Jake a lot to save them brakes.

96 EVO
45 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Not the same part number but I replaced my rear rotor with a NAPA piece a little over 10k miles ago, early last year.  

I just did an oil change, updated my records, and I put 1,250 mi on my coach in the last 2yrs 😢!

Airing down
Larry H
On 8/10/2021 at 1:39 PM, Gary M said:

Mine requires me to pump the brakes to drop the coach. That process takes about 45 seconds but its irritating. Ill have to just use the dump switch next time to see how long it takes.

Gary, that is what I was doing—dumping the tanks. I have since been told that is bad for your system. I have a dump switch on the dash that, with the key on,  this slowly lowers the coach—so slow I open the door so I can see it going down. The tanks retain most of their pressure.

Goodyear RV Tire Article
Patrick

Wow, very disappointing that GoodYear would do that.  How callous and irresponsible.  Thanks for sharing.

Airing down
96 EVO
49 minutes ago, Larry H said:

Gary, that is what I was doing—dumping the tanks. I have since been told that is bad for your system.  

Larry, I don't know why anyone would consider that 'bad' for your system?

Maybe, rather than pumping the brake pedal to drain your air tanks, pull the drains on the bottom of each tank (probably lanyards in your case), and check for moisture!

That's 'always' a good thing to do!

Airing down
waterskier_1
31 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Larry, I don't know why anyone would consider that 'bad' for your system?

Maybe, rather than pumping the brake pedal to drain your air tanks, pull the drains on the bottom of each tank (probably lanyards in your case), and check for moisture!

That's 'always' a good thing to do!

It has to do with the way the air brakes and the park brake (two separate systems & parts) work.  Pressing the brake pedal forces the brake shoes to tree drum.  Once under about 60 PSI, the park (some call emergency) brake is released.  Pressing the Break pedal with the park brake energized is not recommended.  Some training says never do it.  More detailed info is on the web.  

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.