Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/513-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Led marker/Turn signals
stillrunning_60@hotmail.com
Aqua hot problems
Mary & Glenn
Airing down
Jeff H
Camping?
Steven P
Location of the Dash Annunciator
Hypoxia
Aqua hot problems
Mary & Glenn
Camping?
hilrunr
Airing down
Steven P
Yoaks5
willbo777
On Fire watch
willbo777
Salesman Switch ????????
Jeff H
Salesman Switch ????????
Dr4Film
Salesman Switch ????????
John Haggard
"Warning" light in dash stays on
JohnnyDiesel
Black Trim Plastic
Bob125
Water leak from rain
rcl285
We have a ghost in our Monaco
Chet P
Airing down
dl_racing427
Black Trim Plastic
JDCrow
JDCrow
Black Trim Plastic
Steve Hepfer
Dr4Film
Airing down
96 EVO
Awning Fabric Replacement
Corgidad
Salesman Switch ????????
Steve P
Chargerman
Black Trim Plastic
Chargerman
Wiper Blew Off in the Wind
allphase8
Black Trim Plastic
Bob125
Hancoman
Airing down
waterskier_1
Salesman Switch ????????
jfbolkovatz
Salesman Switch ????????
Steve P
Refrigerator Slide
jimmcpheters
Refrigerator Slide
JDCrow
On Fire watch
Mel S - '96 Safari
Chuck B
John Haggard
Salesman Switch ????????
John Haggard
Goodyear RV Tire Article
Mel S - '96 Safari
Refrigerator Slide
jimmcpheters
Chuck B
Chuck B
John Haggard
Refrigerator Slide
JDCrow
Bootlegger
TST Flo-Thru sensors For Sale
Ron Jones

Led marker/Turn signals
stillrunning_60@hotmail.com

You can order them in all red or all yellow.

Aqua hot problems
Mary & Glenn

John Carrillo is also another super knowledgeable AquaHot repair guy. He used to work for A-H and then opened his own repair business. A-H now contracts out repair work to him. He is happy to talk to you on the phone and has a good inventory of parts too. He's been a big help to me in the past. (970) 518-3085 www.heatmyrv.com.

Airing down
Jeff H
21 hours ago, Endeavor to RV said:

On my '03 Endeavor I turn the key to the left, accessory position, to dump air and use hydraulic levelers. No alarm. Perhaps your rig will work this way?

I tried that, mostly because I know I can dump the air in the accessory position and would feel like an idiot for not having tried to level. The leveler does not have power in the accessory  position. Perhaps a new wiring project.

16 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I guess this makes perfect sense for coaches with Hydraulic Jacks to dump all air first which usually takes a long time to drain both tanks and air bags too, then level, or is it not necessary when you have jacks?

Never had a coach with jacks so I don't know what the procedure is. I guess once the jacks are in place the air bags are out of play.

I do know that Monaco ALWAYS recommends deploying slides at Ride Height then leveling. Does that mean that once you activate the leveling control panel the system will dump all air FIRST then deploy the jacks to level?

Just wondering....

If I am close to level I will not dump.  If the jacks need "room to work" I will dump.  of course as soon as you lift with the jack the ride height valves kick in and star dumping air trying to lower the coach.  They continue to drain until the bags are empty but not the tanks whether the key is on or not.

Camping?
Steven P

drivingcamping.jpg

Hypoxia

It's interesting to see the difference between the 2007 Navigator and Signature.  Here is the air module on my 2007 Signature

20180915_134300.jpg

20180915_134330.jpg

Aqua hot problems
Mary & Glenn

I should add that Roger Berke has been very helpful in the past too. Between both of these resources and not being afraid to get your hands dirty (literally... clean the combustion chamber and change the fuel nozzle and filter on a regular basis) you can keep your A-H unit running it top condition.

Camping?
hilrunr

One of the most hilarious movies I have ever seen is starring Robin Williams. He made the movie in 2006 but it could have been yesterday. The name of the movie is "RV". 

Airing down
Steven P

I typically get parked, deploys slides, then dump air, then level (jacks only).  I do not have air leveling,  only hydraulic jacks.   My air dump takes around 1 to 2 minutes, long enough that I put a clothespin under the switch so I can do other things.  Once it gets to about 30, it stops on its own and if I want it to get to zero, I pump the brakes or just wait a couple of days and it leaks out.  My coach dumps all driver side air before the passenger side, causing a "lean to the left" for a little bit.  

Recently, I've started leaving the jacks down when starting the engine and airing up and retracting the jacks once the bags are partially full.  Due to the left lean, I will not be leaving the jacks down (as in storage) and dumping air as I worry what that angle of lean could do to the jacks.  When airing up, there is no angle, so the jacks are straight.  

I watched a new model Tiffin level and dump and build air very quickly one day.  Looked like the cars with hydraulics.

Yoaks5

Bill,

Yours looks just like mine. I think one of my air fitting were broken at one time also since it's been re-soldered. But doesn't leak now. 

Jim, 

It is interesting to see the difference. Makes me wonder why they add this extra layer of cost and complexity. 

So the piece in Jim's picture is that what controls the alarms and chimes in missing? 

What alarms or chimes do you have? Lights left on? Low air? Turn signal on? If you do have these where does the sound come from? I have a small speaker that the vorad chimes come out of. Do you get all your alarms out of that? 

Also, do you have a low air light on your dash? I guessing I should and wonder if it is part of the text that is on the speedometer. 

Sorry about all the questions. Trying to get a better understanding of how this works. 

Thanks, 

Kevin

willbo777

I believe my alarms come out of that panel, low air, turn signal, etc.  The Vorad has its own as you said, the leveling system has its own.

On Fire watch
willbo777

Gary, the main regulator on the tank reduces the pressure of the LP into the coach, if it fails it is designed to stop all flow of propane from the tank.  If you add a secondary regulator to a line that is already regulated it won't work.  Example, I use a fire pit that uses gas from the LP tank on the coach after the regulator, I had to remove the fire pit's regulator to get it to work, same for my Weber grill, had to remove its regulator as well.  And just in my personal experience my 4D batteries have been good for 6 1/2 years.

Salesman Switch ????????
Jeff H

Hello

Last night all the 12v "flickered" almost like a brown out.  This morning everything 12V was not working.  anything that needs 120 (microwave, fridge, outlets) was working.

I assume it is the Salesman Relay.  The switch at the door has never worked so i assumed it was bypassed.  Attached are pictures of the switch and what I think is the relay.  Am I looking at the right thing?There is 12V at the right side of the relay and 0V at the left side.  Can I just move a wire from one side to the other?

20210813_090519.jpg

20210813_090546(0).jpg

20210813_090555.jpg

Salesman Switch ????????
Dr4Film

Frankly, that relay, if it is the right one, is a Latching Type relay which is far better than the continuous duty type relays. They fail less often than the latter.

If you prefer to have it function the way it should I would replace it otherwise just tie the wires together from each side or if you have enough wire and lug space put all of the wires on on lug. Then disconnect the control wires, tape them up separately and zip-tie them in a safe location out of the way.

Salesman Switch ????????
John Haggard
12 minutes ago, Jeff H said:

Hello

Last night all the 12v "flickered" almost like a brown out.  This morning everything 12V was not working.  anything that needs 120 (microwave, fridge, outlets) was working.

I assume it is the Salesman Relay.  The switch at the door has never worked so i assumed it was bypassed.  Attached are pictures of the switch and what I think is the relay.  Am I looking at the right thing?There is 12V at the right side of the relay and 0V at the left side.  Can I just move a wire from one side to the other?

20210813_090519.jpg

20210813_090546(0).jpg

20210813_090555.jpg

Jump the relay and see if you have DC  power.

Yes

You can move the Hot over 😏

JohnnyDiesel
12 hours ago, Hancoman said:

There were codes that they were chasing down, it’s been a year so I can’t remember what they were, I have the paper work in the coach but it is in the storage lot. It is very hot and smokey in Seattle so I am staying put for a couple days I will look ln a couple days

Thanks Tom, I'll wait for your update.

John

Black Trim Plastic
Bob125

I’m looking to replace some black plastic trim sheets (pics attached) around the interior and exterior of the coach.  This black plastic material is used in the AV cabinet to trim and hide equipment as well as in the exterior door panels.  

Does anyone know the industry common name for this material and where to source it?  

thx, Bob…

9F3DA7B4-0511-43E7-93B9-9985880C18E5.jpeg

C416BA13-9E17-44E4-BA1E-F30B560187D1.jpeg

A81EBA25-915D-4878-A43B-E6A4A9475080.jpeg

Water leak from rain
rcl285
21 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Could you post a picture?

I didn't think there was anyplace under the mast that would allow water in, unless it was an inch or so deep.

*edit* Did they just stop sealing the base to roof joint on each side of the mast :classic_huh:?

It was that who ever did the caulking didn’t raise the mast when they caulked.  The base wasn’t sealed completely.  

Dick L. ‘04 Imperial

Chet P

About 50-60% of the time when ever my DW or I go out the coach door and close it, the door automatically locks. Luckily the keypad still works so we can easily get back in. However, I sure would like to stop the unintended door locking.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this door locking?

Chet P

2004 SIG, CASTLE IV

Airing down
dl_racing427
10 hours ago, waterskier_1 said:

It has to do with the way the air brakes and the park brake (two separate systems & parts) work.  Pressing the brake pedal forces the brake shoes to tree drum.  Once under about 60 PSI, the park (some call emergency) brake is released.  Pressing the Break pedal with the park brake energized is not recommended.  Some training says never do it.  More detailed info is on the web.  

The park brake applies under low pressure, not releases.

I've heard that the combined force from the spring brakes and the service brake can bend the linkage or brake shoes.
I've fanned the brakes to drop pressure faster, but I don't press the brake pedal hard, only enough to repeatedly flow some air through the system.

Black Trim Plastic
JDCrow

ABS plastic. I used it for projects on my coach. The local plastic supply. Or Amazon has it.

HDPF is the slick plastic like cutting boards

And FRP is a whole other animal

ABS Plastic Sheet 3-pack 12" X 24" X 0.0625" (1/16") 3 Pack, Black Haircell, for VEX Robotics Teams, Hobby, DIY, Industrial. Easy to Cut, Bend, Mold. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016PESTJS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_X7WR3QCND3X7DJR0Y5X6

JDCrow

Seance? Exorcism? 

Black Trim Plastic
Steve Hepfer

Try a local cabinet shop. Looks like standard plastic laminate. 

Dr4Film

First, always have an extra entry door key and ignition key hidden in the Fuel/LPG Tank Bay. I have had to access my hidden keys on two occasions in the last 17+ years.

Next, try putting a section of Gorilla Tape over the button contacts in the side of the door then close the door to see if that takes care of your "ghost". If so, then you know that somehow a signal is going through those contacts telling the door to lock.

Another possibility is that a false positive signal is coming from your Key Fob somehow.

Airing down
96 EVO
10 hours ago, waterskier_1 said:

It has to do with the way the air brakes and the park brake (two separate systems & parts) work.  Pressing the brake pedal forces the brake shoes to tree drum.  Once under about 60 PSI, the park (some call emergency) brake is released.  Pressing the Break pedal with the park brake energized is not recommended.  Some training says never do it.  More detailed info is on the web.  

Yeah, that hasn't been true since they developed anti- compounding valves, many years ago.

Here's a piece from a CDL air brake training manual;

This adding together of the two forces can potentially cause damage to slack adjusters, s-cams, brake chambers, brake shoes, and brake drums (the foundation brake components).

Yet, this problem is now obsolete, as the majority of trucks are equipped with an anti-compounding valve.

This valve prevents the service brakes from being applied if the parking parking brakes are engaged.

Despite this advance in technology, a significant number of driving instructors are going to get “right torqued” if a students makes a heavy service brake application and the parking brakes are engaged!

Awning Fabric Replacement
Corgidad

And another recommendation for Stone Vos, just had my awning and toppers done and the material is far superior to Care Free. Customer service is beyond top notch.

Salesman Switch ????????
Steve P

@Jeff H / others.  I do not have this problem, and I hope I never do. Just in case, how did you find the relay, how did you know it corresponded to the salesman switch, and where is the relay?

Chargerman

Also maybe it’s possible that the mechanism actuates easily and by closing the door aggressively moves it and locks it. Try closing is softly a bunch of times and the aggressively a bunch and see if there’s a difference 

Black Trim Plastic
Chargerman

McMaster Carr is my go to for things I can’t find locally. They have a great website

Wiper Blew Off in the Wind
allphase8

Rome Truck Parts, Rome GA.

Had everything to replace the parts I needed for my 2006 Camelot.

I run 28" wiper arms for what it is worth.  They work fine.

Ron

2006 Camelot

Black Trim Plastic
Bob125

Thanks for the info and recommendations.  I just ordered 2 sheets.  Thanks again, Bob...

Hancoman

Yes , always hide a key. Our keypad doesn’t work anymore and after driving 30 minutes to where the motor home is stored only to realize I left the keys at home. Twice, I am a slow learner

Airing down
waterskier_1
1 hour ago, dl_racing427 said:

The park brake applies under low pressure, not releases.

I've heard that the combined force from the spring brakes and the service brake can bend the linkage or brake shoes.
I've fanned the brakes to drop pressure faster, but I don't press the brake pedal hard, only enough to repeatedly flow some air through the system.

I think we are saying the same thing, just using a different point of reference.  The park brake is held off (not engaged) by air pressure.  Once that pressure is reduced below around 60 PSI, the brake is "released" for being held off by air pressure, and allowed to engage due to the springs.  

58 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Yeah, that hasn't been true since they developed anti- compounding valves, many years ago.

Here's a piece from a CDL air brake training manual;

This adding together of the two forces can potentially cause damage to slack adjusters, s-cams, brake chambers, brake shoes, and brake drums (the foundation brake components).

Yet, this problem is now obsolete, as the majority of trucks are equipped with an anti-compounding valve.

This valve prevents the service brakes from being applied if the parking parking brakes are engaged.

Despite this advance in technology, a significant number of driving instructors are going to get “right torqued” if a students makes a heavy service brake application and the parking brakes are engaged!

The 2005 Commercial Driver License Manual from some states (Rhode Island is one) still have the warning, without the commentary that it is obsolete.  I'm not sure how many years ago the change was made, nor am I sure that it was 100% incorporated in every single brake system at that time.  In any case, Monaco added a Dump Valve so you wouldn't have to feather the brakes.  I suspect that the reason it's taking so long is that it hasn't been used and the dump valve is (partially) plugged.  I have never seen a Monaco Owners Manual that recommended other than the dump valve to dump the air.  Why not fix what's broke versus finding a work around? 

Salesman Switch ????????
jfbolkovatz

Steve,

It is MANDATORY you stat the : Year, Model and make of your coach for you question to be answered.

Salesman Switch ????????
Steve P
3 minutes ago, jfbolkovatz said:

Steve,

It is MANDATORY you stat the : Year, Model and make of your coach for you question to be answered.

Keep scrolling... it's right there in my signature.  

Refrigerator Slide
jimmcpheters

Bottom of slide on corner nearest refrigerator has an area about 3 to 4 inches square where some wood splinters have come off along with what appears to be some kind of adhesive,  kinda looks like duct tape. Any ideas of cause such as slide out of adjustment,  possible water damage. Rest of slide is tightly sealed on sides and bottom.  Can this be patched with epoxy or similar or does whole slide need to come our for a look see?

08 Diplomat 40 PDQ

20210805_151630.jpg

20210805_151650.jpg

20210805_151706.jpg

20210805_152039.jpg

Bill D's Monacoers' Gathering Update!!
Brett63

Brett and Susan are reserved.

Refrigerator Slide
JDCrow

I believe this is real common. Talin plates are made for this very reason. Kinda poor design on the slide box construction.

Mine was caused from the slide topper starting to let water puddle and then go through the fabric and make its way inside and down to slide. Also had ice maker go bad on Norcold fridge, but my fridge was not in the side, but did ruin the flooring 

I used the plates to repair the bedroom slide. They catch the slide rollers also.

1F36436C-E950-46AE-80AF-489EA0A75180.jpeg

715DE0BB-A20A-450B-BC33-5C899CE5036F.jpeg

B7897BD8-3A13-4AB2-BF46-8CBB2E3C5DF1.jpeg

0CF1E91B-240C-4718-A73D-013A0010C15E.jpeg

8550E7A5-9640-4AFB-B5F3-E7F5D1F5DF56.jpeg

On Fire watch
Mel S - '96 Safari
18 hours ago, FishAR said:

I thought there were 2 regulators at the propane tank. Maybe I'm thinking about some other unit I've had before.

FishAR

Most use a single 2 stage regulator: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rvupgradestore.com%2F2-Stage-Propane-Regulator-Horizontal-p%2F06-0381.htm&psig=AOvVaw1JH_WbfaxEsKNszP-8ShZN&ust=1628960703237000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAoQjRxqFwoTCNjojNS9rvICFQAAAAAdAAAAABAFs

Chuck B

The warning light is on for a reason.  Ignoring it will only mean a lighter wallet down the road.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Suburban gas/electric wh not working on gas.
Chuck B

There should be a black box under the pressure relief valve.  Push the two over temp reset buttons on that box.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

John Haggard
33 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

The warning light is on for a reason.  Ignoring it will only mean a lighter wallet down the road.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Not necessarily 

Not always 

Salesman Switch ????????
John Haggard
1 hour ago, jfbolkovatz said:

Steve,

For ( your ) 

Goodyear RV Tire Article
Mel S - '96 Safari

IMO Goodyear G159 tires are not a current concern/worry/danger ... because: 

Goodyear G159 tires where only manufactured 1996-2003. 

Every one was at least 10 years old in 2013 ... (and had therefore AGED OUT 8 years ago).

Refrigerator Slide
jimmcpheters

I have heard of and seen the Talin plates. Did you use expandable rivets or countersunk screws and if so, what length were the screws. The bottom of the slide has not detached from the sides yet. Is my patch how it all starts?

Jimmymac 

Chuck B

But, what about "If So"?  Your Choice  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Chuck B

Faulty button on the keypad stays activated from excessive use or temperature.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

John Haggard
22 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

But, what about "If So"?  Your Choice  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

You stated an always,  absolute failure down the road .

That's not true.

Refrigerator Slide
JDCrow

The kit comes with stainless steel Rivets. They will send you a worksheet on how to measure it all and what kit you will need. When you call them on the phone they will go over the worksheet and a price quote and then send it kit out after payment. 

Once the FRP starts to delaminate from the luan, then it just keep creeping along and will eventually look like mine. It’s just a poor design where the side meets the floor with the odd piece of aluminum holding it all together on the edge 

Bootlegger

I had a similar locking issue, but mine started occurring after I installed new entry steps.  I sometimes have to slightly push in on the door to get the door handle to function.  My 2 cents worth. 

Ron Jones

For sale… 8 Flo-thru sensors (that are on my RV now) and 8, new CR 1632 batteries (in original package). This system is in use now and to my knowledge, there is NOTHING wrong with any of them. The official name is…  “Wireless Tire Pressure And Temperature Monitoring System” Model No. TM-507RV/SG (a TST product). I’m changing to all Cap sensors. If anyone is interested in ALL 8 at $25.00 each plus shipping, let me know at rej@gte.net or call me (LATE MORNING CENTRAL TIME) at 940-368-0068.

Fan-Tastic fan replacement
6Wheels

To change to MaxxAire requires removing the whole thing including the self leveling sealant on the roof.

I changed out both of mine because the fans did not have covers.  If you already have the hoods over the Fantastic fan, just fix them.

front windshield 2004 Knight
Mike M

looking  for right side front windshield

2004 Knight

Salesman Switch ????????
Jeff H

oops 

8 hours ago, Steve P said:

@Jeff H / others.  I do not have this problem, and I hope I never do. Just in case, how did you find the relay, how did you know it corresponded to the salesman switch, and where is the relay?

Hi Steve

I thought it might be the relay because i has been discussed here a number of times.  All my 120VAC circuits had power, none of the 12VDC circuits had power.  The inverter was charging the batteries but the EMS was dark.  So I knew there was something up with the 12V

The relay was in the front run bay in the fuse panel lower LH corner (yours may be different but should be similar size and have 4ga wire).  I had seen pictures of it before and when I checked for 12V power it was only on 1 side.  I jumped the lugs on the relay and the lights in the coach came on.

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow

Small window today. 99 outside and wow. 

Started a flush. And was going to replace step lights, but I think I’ll redo the whole entry with the coin floor to match 

9C8AB773-FF29-4580-8252-03F78B11B9C8.jpeg

863C7A6F-C59F-459B-8CB1-38C9F5F04DDB.jpeg

6DA61A9D-35D1-41B5-968C-50B8703846E5.jpeg

F65B9E69-2010-4999-B3F2-88DBCDE54AA2.jpeg

8B85EB01-2B00-438A-945F-E421F792F211.jpeg

Salesman Switch ????????
Jeff H
10 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Frankly, that relay, if it is the right one, is a Latching Type relay which is far better than the continuous duty type relays. They fail less often than the latter.

If you prefer to have it function the way it should I would replace it otherwise just tie the wires together from each side or if you have enough wire and lug space put all of the wires on on lug. Then disconnect the control wires, tape them up separately and zip-tie them in a safe location out of the way.

Richard

It was the right one. i thought it had been bypassed because the switch inside never worked.  If you look at the lug on the right y ou can see a bare wire going from the lug up to the fuse at the top rt of the relay.  The other side of the fuse is the red going to the pcb on one of the 2 small lugs.  The purple wire goes put of the panel, i assume to the switch.  So I am thinking that instead of bypassing the relay they just rigged it so it was always energized.

Below is what I did.  What is the circled item?

Inked20210813_103714_LI.jpg

20210813_090555.jpg

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow

First flush with restore, and then 2nd straight tap. definitely a little dirty. Will do 1-2 more straight waters and replace hoses then a Fill up and new filter 

8F976AEC-E70D-4A45-AFE1-9FC55FE823D8.jpeg

1BF96554-72AC-4206-94D1-3BF9BE82BA06.jpeg

Rikadoo

Hello Ron, so im curios, i currently have cap sensors with my system, at one time i was wanting the flow thru to ease in adding air when needed. Is there something abt the flow thrus i should know before making the plunge?

Airing down
Gary M
On 8/12/2021 at 12:22 PM, Dr4Film said:

I guess this makes perfect sense for coaches with Hydraulic Jacks to dump all air first which usually takes a long time to drain both tanks and air bags too, then level, or is it not necessary when you have jacks?

Never had a coach with jacks so I don't know what the procedure is. I guess once the jacks are in place the air bags are out of play.

I do know that Monaco ALWAYS recommends deploying slides at Ride Height then leveling. Does that mean that once you activate the leveling control panel the system will dump all air FIRST then deploy the jacks to level?

Just wondering....

On my coach no! I have to dump bags separately. Jacks are totally separate process. I am going to try not using the brake pedal next time to drop the coach. It takes about 45 sec to dump using both switch and pumping brakes which is how my manual instructs from what I remember anyway. The following is my basic procedure for leveling.

This only my opinion! Jacks are for stabilizing not leveling. Level with whatever u choose under your tires then stabilize with jacks. I use four sets of (21026) “Camco Fasten XL 2x2 Leveling Block - Interlocking Design”. Just my opinion. Smile 😀

1- Pick as level of a spot as possible.

2- Use whatever means of leveling your coach by placing supports under your tires to bring coach as level as possible while at ride height.

3- Move slides out.

4- Dump air or not.

5- Lower jacks to stabilize.

If not dumping air, you should also place supports under jacks so as to use minimum amount of fluid in reservoir.

This only my opinion! Jacks are for stabilizing not leveling. Level with whatever u choose under your tires then stabilize with jacks. I use four sets of (21026) “Camco Fasten XL 2x2 Leveling Block - Interlocking Design”. Just my opinion. Smile 😀

2- Use whatever means of leveling your coach by placing supports under your tires to bring coach as level as possible while at ride height.

3- Move slides out.

4- Dump air or not.

If not dumping air, you should also place supports under jacks so as to use minimum amount of fluid in reservoir.

front windshield 2004 Knight
Ivan K

I had a good luck with Coach Glass. You can get a quote online or call them.

https://coachglass.com/

Rick A

Is this the whole package or just the 8 caps and new batteries? 

Airing down
Larry H
3 hours ago, Gary M said:

On my coach no! I have to dump bags separately. Jacks are totally separate process. I am going to try not using the brake pedal next time to drop the coach. It takes about 45 sec to dump using both switch and pumping brakes which is how my manual instructs from what I remember anyway. The following is my basic procedure for leveling.

3- Move slides out.

4- Dump air or not.

3- Move slides out.

4- Dump air or not.

Gary, I hate to change the subject but must question your statement that Jack’s are for stabilizing and not leveling. It is my understanding that scissor jacks on a trailer are only for stabilizing the RV but that hydraulic leveling jacks on a motorhome are for leveling. Because the 4-jack HWH jacks are designed in such a way to always raise 2 jacks at a time, the reduce the risk of popping a windshield or other damage. My single front jack system accomplishes the same thing in a different way.  

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.