Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/514-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

TST Flo-Thru sensors For Sale
Ron Jones
Location of the Dash Annunciator
Jeff H
front windshield 2004 Knight
Bob Wightman
Camping?
miacasa_2000
Hydraulic Fan Blades and Motor
tmw188
Lug nuts torque specs
Mr Keith
jacwjames
We have a ghost in our Monaco
wamcneil
tmw188
"Warning" light in dash stays on
planodp
Salesman Switch ????????
wamcneil
jacwjames
Lug nuts torque specs
redstickbill
tmw188
Lug nuts torque specs
Ivylog
milly59
jacwjames
John Haggard
milly59
Yoaks5
tmw188
Yoaks5
Lug nuts torque specs
Mr Keith
Salesman Switch ????????
Dr4Film
Lug nuts torque specs
Dr4Film
Led marker/Turn signals
Jim Bob
Led marker/Turn signals
Dave Pumphrey
daveyjo
Refrigerator Slide
Dr4Film
Hypoxia
vanwill52
Lug nuts torque specs
Nevada Rob
Chuck B
willbo777
wamcneil
New tires coming..........
woodylmiller
daveyjo
FishAR
FUSE FOR NORCOLD
bobstromain
FUSE FOR NORCOLD
Dr4Film
Hypoxia
Refrigerator Slide
96 EVO
FUSE FOR NORCOLD
bobstromain
Airing down
Gary M
Lug nuts torque specs
Mr Keith
Salesman Switch ????????
ok-rver
Salesman Switch ????????
Jeff H

TST Flo-Thru sensors For Sale
Ron Jones

For Ric W...

As I understand it, the only difference between the Flo-Thru and Cap sensors is that you can add air through the sensor (does not have to be removed) with the Flo-Thru still on the tire BUT the batteries do have to be changed occasionally (12+ months). I have tremors and changing batteries is a real chore for me - otherwise, it seems to be a rather simple task. The Flo-Thru sensors do work, sending tire info just fine and allowing me to add or decrease air in the tire with the sensor in place.

Hope this helps.

Jeff H

For what it is worth, on my 06 Diplomat the annunciator was just above the steering column towards the firewall.  I had to remove the cover from around the steering column to find it. There were several wires going to it.

front windshield 2004 Knight
Bob Wightman

Ivan K, thanks for the referral.  I too have a 2004 Monaco Knight with a rock chip in the passenger side windshield that is more annoying than anything else, I just requested a quote.

Camping?
miacasa_2000

For years every summer we would take our 4 granddaughters for a week somewhere in the RV. That movie is one that's in our DVD library and we watched it every time and laughed hard every time as well.   

Roy

2003 Dynasty

tmw188

So I was under the coach the other day looking around and getting acquainted with things, making sure the flow valve was in the on position on my coolant filter, taking pictures of filters, transmission tag and the hydraulic fan motor tag. I rotated the fan blades to inspect them and noticed they appeared to be    variable pitch blades. Do these blades have the ability to change pitch like a some people driven aircraft? If so I guess they have some thermostatic control that changes the pitch when the demand calls for more air? I could be wrong and maybe they are just individually replaceable. 

223AF6BE-8385-47BD-8478-02B1C4CFA2E2.jpeg

Lug nuts torque specs
Mr Keith

I have a 1986 governess and I’m just wondering what the lug nut torque specs would be thanks And I am wondering if anybody has any experience with tire balancing beads

jacwjames

The pitch can be changed but this is setup by the manufacturer. 

There was a good post on IRV2, one of the members had to completely rebuild his cooling system and provided a detailed writeup with videos, part numbers, and how he did the job.  One of the best writeups I've seen.  He did note that his fan originally was running in the wrong direction, I believe his was pushing out instead of in.  Here is a link to just the write up he did on the fan.  He had a very detailed writeup on the whole cooling system  https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/97-monaco-dynasty-cooling-fan-507040.html

Here's the parts page that I have on my fan cooling system.  It does list the vendor part number for the fan blade. 

1 Engine Fan Cooling.pdf

wamcneil

At first I didn’t think I would be able to contribute to this thread but that last post triggered a memory. 
I would be in the motorhome and my wife would approach the door, I would hear the keypad beeping, lock solenoid click and then she would come on in. 
After hearing this a bunch of times I asked her why she always used the keypad when the door was unlocked. She said ‘I don’t know, I try the door, and it’s always locked. I was going to ask you why you always lock the door.’

When we got the coach, the door latch developed an issue where if you pulled on the latch too soft or too hard, it would not open. But it would open consistently on the 2nd try.
The latch rods needed adjustment. I learned to flip the handle just right and it usually wasn’t a problem for me, but my wife never tried pulling it a 2nd time and always assumed it was locked. So she hit the keypad after her first attempt and then the door always opened after that. 

Any chance your door isn’t actually locking?

If you’re inside the door and close it, does the horizontal sliding loch go ‘thunk’ and move to the locked position?

Cheers

Walter

tmw188

I wonder then if there are some different detents on the spindle so they can all be set the same. Interesting design.

planodp

I have a 04 Executive also with ISM 500. My warning light have been come on and off now for 2 years since I own the coach. It was doing the same for previous owner. I also don't have a code. I know on a car there are soft code and hard code. Soft code you can see it on the scanner but will not turn on the check engine light. On the other hand hard code will set the check engine light. Been looking for the issue and still haven't found it. I don't have any doubt that the coach will take me to where ever I want to go.

Salesman Switch ????????
wamcneil

I think the circled item is a circuit breaker. 
The latching relays aren’t meant to be constantly energized. It gets a momentary signal from the switch and I think it works life a big clicker in a ballpoint pen. Click on, click off. 
The purpose of that dangling little circuit board is to interrupt signal from the switch  in case it stays on. So the solenoid won’t heat up.
I wonder if their hacked paper-clip bypass finally killed the coil and that’s why it stopped working. 

Edit: oh, wait. I think that bare wire is actually supposed to be there! Now I’m curious  I’ll look at mine later. There are multiple variations of that KIB latching relays. Some have the protection circuit board, others not. II think maybe the relay failed and was replaced with an unprotected version and they moved the protection board over.  
Where does the red wire go that leaves that dangling circuit board?  I think it should go to the fuse and the protected version doesn’t have a bare wire there.  Like the picture on this page:

https://rvpartshop.ca/product/sanitation/51561-kib-enterprises-latching-relay-lr9806cbip.html

Cheers

Walter

jacwjames

I would assume there are detents to make sure the blades were all set at the same pitch, but I've never had mine apart.  If you do a search for the vendor part number of the fan blade you can find a company that makes it with documents on how to set it up.  http://www.multi-wing.com/en/products/multi-wing-fan-series/

I now on large ventilation fans (200-400 hp) they are pitch settings with detents so you can change the pitch.   Makes a big difference on energy demand, amperage on the motors will change with the slightest change in pitch. 

Lug nuts torque specs
redstickbill

Mr Keith,

The lug nut torque depends on the size of the stud and number of threads. For round numbers you are looking at somewhere around 450 to 500 foot pounds.

I have used DynaBeads, ceramic beads from Innovative Balancing for many years and never had a problem with them. From the articles I have read, do not use powder type beads, it can plug up the tire valve stems.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

tmw188

Yeah for sure. I don’t need to change anything I was just curious about the design. Thanks for the info.

Lug nuts torque specs
Ivylog

What size tires and how many lugs?

milly59

yes pitch changes but if your radiator is in the back it needs to push out not pull air in.

jacwjames

That's what I thought, but mine pulls in so the radiator stack gets cool air.    Maybe others can chime in. 

John Haggard
11 minutes ago, planodp said:

I have a 04 Executive also with ISM 500. My warning light have been come on and off now for 2 years since I own the coach. It was doing the same for previous owner. I also don't have a code. I know on a car there are soft code and hard code. Soft code you can see it on the scanner but will not turn on the check engine light. On the other hand hard code will set the check engine light. Been looking for the issue and still haven't found it. I don't have any doubt that the coach will take me to where ever I want to go.

Many owners will tell you that a bad or contaminated low coolant indicator will send a code.

Even though the coolant is and was adequate. 

Now that's one case where you could drive for years without issues.

I do hate to have a dash light on.

But with the Barometric pressure sensor bad 👎 , and everything up to snuff.

And running good. 

It took me 18 months to get into the correct shop with the right tech.

He did tell me, realy that I may notice a little more power at high altitudes climbing hills.

But many choose not to spend the $$$s

To install the new sensor. 

milly59

if it pulls in does not pull air when at speed as there is a vaccum pulling the other way.when running..had a monaco 43 and ambassador 40 both pushing air out w back radiator.

Yoaks5

Thanks for the responses. I have torn my dash apart looking for the annunciator. I'm sure I don't have the typical 2x2 black box that seams to be the typical system. I believe Bill is correct and the missing chimes and alarms are controlled by and come out of the gauges somehow. My speedometer has slots in the back making me think thats where the speaker is located. 

I would really like to be able to repair this and at least get the low air alarm working again but I don't have any idea how it works so don't know what part is the problem. 

I would like to get a manual and or wiring diagram for this system. If anyone has one I'd be happy to pay for a copy. 

20210813_093024.thumb.jpg.04a65c8c6e1071d6f1589701d525530c.jpg

Back of my gauges. Right one is speedometer with slots (for speaker?) Left big one is the faulty RPM and both air gauges. The rectangle with the 2 air line going into it is the control module? that some have had trouble with. I took it off and it looks fine as far as I can tell. 

Thanks, 

Kevin

tmw188
18 minutes ago, milly59 said:

if it pulls in does not pull air when at speed as there is a vaccum pulling the other way.when running..had a monaco 43 and ambassador 40 both pushing air out w back radiator.

It’s a side radiator with hydraulic driven fan motor. 

Yoaks5

Bootlegger... sounds like you need to adjust your door. There is a good write up about it in the file section. I had to replace the bushing on both of my coaches (were completely gone) and adjust the rods on the current one. 

Lug nuts torque specs
Mr Keith

Thanks redstickbill. I was pretty sure they were 400-450. They are 22.5 tires

Salesman Switch ????????
Dr4Film
13 hours ago, Jeff H said:

Richard

It was the right one. i thought it had been bypassed because the switch inside never worked.  If you look at the lug on the right y ou can see a bare wire going from the lug up to the fuse at the top rt of the relay.  The other side of the fuse is the red going to the pcb on one of the 2 small lugs.  The purple wire goes put of the panel, i assume to the switch.  So I am thinking that instead of bypassing the relay they just rigged it so it was always energized.

Below is what I did.  What is the circled item?

Inked20210813_103714_LI.jpg

20210813_090555.jpg

Jeff,

That relay is a LATCHING relay not a CONSTANT Duty relay. So the solenoid is never energized 100% of the time. It is only energized to either Latch the contacts ON or energized to UN-Latch the contacts OFF. If you don't have ANY 12 VDC power to the house then the relay contacts have failed.

The wiring that you have is exactly the way it came from the factory. Either replace the relay or bypass the entire relay.

The item you have circled looks like an Auto-resetting Circuit Breaker.

Lug nuts torque specs
Dr4Film
1 hour ago, Mr Keith said:

I have a 1986 governess and I’m just wondering what the lug nut torque specs would be thanks And I am wondering if anybody has any experience with tire balancing beads

The Lug Nut Torque depends on what size tires/rims you are dealing with. Large size RV wheels it doesn't matter whether they are steel or aluminum. Also you always check torque after 100 miles and re-torque if necessary.

The torque spec for19.5 inch tires run about 135-145 and 22.5 tires run 450-500 Ft-Lbs.

I used Dyna Beads on my first and second set of tires. I switched to Balance Masters on the drive axle as the cost differential was only going to be about $100 after purchasing the beads from Innovative Balancing in Las Vegas and having them shipped to Florida. I still have the Dyna Beads in my steer tires but will purchase a set of Balance Masters when I switch tires again.

There are a lot of choices for beads and powder out there BUT don't fall for the imposters and worse yet do NOT put balancing powder in your wheels. My only recommendation if you want to use beads is to purchase authentic Dyna Beads from Innovative Balancing. Plus only purchase beads for RV's and Motorhomes. They have a chart to choose the right quantity on their web site.

https://www.innovativebalancing.com/

Led marker/Turn signals
Jim Bob

On my coach, it requires one of the screws to be connected to the chassis ground.  For the clearance lights, there is also a switch on the dash to flash the lights as a "thank you" indication when someone lets you pass, etc.  It was a very odd configuration that I originally thought would be an easy change out...  ended up taking me the better part of a day!!!

Led marker/Turn signals
Dave Pumphrey
8 minutes ago, Jim Bob said:

On my coach, it requires one of the screws to be connected to the chassis ground.  For the clearance lights, there is also a switch on the dash to flash the lights as a "thank you" indication when someone lets you pass, etc.  It was a very odd configuration that I originally thought would be an easy change out...  ended up taking me the better part of a day!!!

We have both headlight & marker blink buttons on our smartwheel.

daveyjo

I always need to pull twice on the door handle.  I like it because it acts as a second security device.  FYI.

Refrigerator Slide
Dr4Film

You are definitely a candidate for Talin Guardian Plates. Contact Chris Throgmartin at Talin (he is also a member here) to purchase a set for your slide. Trust me you will not be disappointed in the quality and workmanship. If you are in Florida or happen to be going there you can have them make the custom plates for you PLUS Dustin will do an excellent job of installing them for you.

Hypoxia

Kevin, that looks like an Actia Dash.  Those Orange, Violet, White wires are daisy chained from one gauge to the next.  You can change wires from one to the other as well as changing the gauges they go to & from.  The only requirement is to have them go into one side of a gauge & out of the other side of that gauge and then over to another gauge in any order.  I see someone added a blue Scotch Clip to a wire between the gauges.  If it goes to any of those daisy chained wires that would be a problem.

vanwill52

As someone noted, the Warning light comes on for a large number of (often not related) reasons.  In my 2000 Dynasty ISC-350, the warning light had been on for years.  I have the Silverleaf VMS-PC and its diagnostics reported "Power supply voltage invalid".  A Cummins tech could not read any code.  Several years later, the ECM shut down and coach had to be towed to replace the ECM.  It turned out the "Power supply voltage invalid" was correct.  It was referring to the internal power supply of the ECM, but Cummins could not read a code.  Once the ECM was replaced, the warning light extinguished.

I wish I could have gotten an answer from Cummins before the ECM crapped out totally.  Even though the VMS-PC picked up the code, their system does not correspond one-to-one with Cummins fault codes.

I have also seen the warning light come on momentarily under full throttle when fuel filters were just beginning to clog, and stay on permanently when the electrode in the coolant tank became corroded.  There are so many reasons for it to come on that if you can't get the code read, it does not tell you much.  It can be signaling something very serious...or not.

Have to activate right turn signal manually.
eddie4ne

We have had the problem with our right turn signal for the past several years. Occasionally it works on it own. We checked the bulb, it works. We changed the socket, same problem. A mechanic suggested rewiring from the side marker. Since we are not the most mechanically inclined we have not undertaken this task yet. Our work around is to manually push the turn signal up repeatedly when making a right turn. I would also note that the issue started when we wired our car to tow behind the RV. It was wired previously to pull our truck. 

I have opened the ends on the umbilical cord to check for loose wires and also the connection on RV and car. Everything seems secure. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Lug nuts torque specs
Nevada Rob

When we purchased our coach the tires/wheels felt very out of balance. Anything over 60 MPH and the whole rig would shake. I did not know if the wheels were balanced or not as the previous owner was less than honest about the condition of the coach. We bought the coach in March 2021. The tires were "brand new" but not really. DOT dates were 2017 but still had the knobs on them. Some friends of mine with motorhomes suggested the Centramatic wheel balancers.  I purchased the Centramatric wheel balancers andhad them installed. They made a huge difference but still not correct. I finally found a real good truck tire guy in town. Turns out the "new" tires had a permanent flat spot and the tires was separating inside. The tires also had balancing beads inside of them. The beads only balance the tire. The Centamatics balances the entire tire/wheel and hub assembly. End result was 8 new Toyo tires and 6 Centramatics and the the rig is smooth as cold beer on hot day. I know they are more money but IMO they are worth it. Check them out and watch their you tube videos. 

http://www.centramatic.com/

Chuck B

Hi John H, interesting.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

willbo777

Also when I had my problem I was able to contact Actia and got help.  

wamcneil
1 hour ago, daveyjo said:

I always need to pull twice on the door handle.  I like it because it acts as a second security device.  FYI.

Are you serious? I’m pretty sure having to pull it twice is not working as designed, and probably means that if your latch goes any farther out of adjustment you won’t be able to open the door 

woodylmiller

Got all the new tires installed.  The kids at the shop would in normal times put this shop out of business.  What a mess.  Lube oil all over the rims from the install.  How long would it have taken one of those lazy kids to clean the rims?  30 minutes top.  Instead I had to clean them up when I got home.  I'll have to "re-do" one of the air line extenders after one of the idiots couldn't seem to get it back where it was.  Just terrible sloppy work, but then what do expect when no one wants to work?  Unemployment is still paying more than minimum wage so...........

I guess the owner didn't care since I didn't buy the tires from him.  Easy decision, $4k online vs $6.5k from him and at first he said he couldn't get them.  I paid total about $500 for mounting and beads in all 8 tires.  And an hour of my time cleaning the rims and 2 grand in my pocket from buying online.  So yea, I rolled out of there with 8 disgusting looking rims, but that shop will never see another dollar from me.

Side note: no one wants to work.  Local Napa store has reduced hours and closing early due to lack of workers.  Time to put the golden goose on the chopping block and cut the money off.  Work or starve.

klcdenver

If you are using your tow vehicle lights you probably need a diode kit installed. 

eddie4ne

We installed separate lights for towing in both car and truck we previously pulled. Before when we pulled only the truck, no problem. Now if we pul the truck, same situation, mostly doesn’t blink. Front and right side do blink always when signal is activated

daveyjo
1 hour ago, wamcneil said:

Are you serious? I’m pretty sure having to pull it twice is not working as designed, and probably means that if your latch goes any farther out of adjustment you won’t be able to open the door 

Been that way for at least a couple of years.  Now I can worry about the risk!😉

FishAR

I got my 8th tire put on yesterday. 

FUSE FOR NORCOLD
bobstromain

Thanks for the comments.  My Norcold began acting strange.  It would run great on propane or elect.  It would just shut off and stay off from 3-6 seconds and come right back on.  No reset required  red light not on at the safety.  It may run again for 30 seconds or 30 minutes.  I just replaced the power board, the optical display assembly and the thermistor.  it ran perfect for a while and shut off just like before.   On for a while then off for 3-6 seconds and back on.  Never did find where the 12 volts come from.  No marked fuse  I removed all the fuses one at a time in the domestic panel in bed room no luck.  Panel under driver has one fuse marked freezer, pulled it no joy

Anyone experienced this?

Bob St. Romain

04 Windsor

FUSE FOR NORCOLD
Dr4Film

Bob,

How can you even tell when a RV fridge is running or not? There is no noise unless you are using LPG to heat up the solution and you hear the LPG flame light up. So I am confused by your statement, "it would just shut off and stay off from 3-6 seconds and come right back on.  No reset required  red light not on at the safety.  It may run again for 30 seconds or 30 minutes."

I could never tell when the RV fridge was running other then the noisy fans located in the rear of the fridge running to vent the hot air out the top.

Or are you saying that it loses 12 VDC power and then the power comes back on?

More information is needed.

Hypoxia

I found a note from another Actia windshield wiping and flashing lights problem that was caused by water in the connectors of the Front Run Bay F1 panel Intellitec 73-00835 board.

Refrigerator Slide
96 EVO
On 8/13/2021 at 9:25 AM, jimmcpheters said:

Bottom of slide on corner nearest refrigerator has an area about 3 to 4 inches square where some wood splinters have come off along with what appears to be some kind of adhesive,  kinda looks like duct tape. Any ideas of cause such as slide out of adjustment,  possible water damage. Rest of slide is tightly sealed on sides and bottom.  Can this be patched with epoxy or similar or does whole slide need to come our for a look see?

08 Diplomat 40 PDQ

20210805_151630.jpg

20210805_151650.jpg

20210805_151706.jpg

20210805_152039.jpg

If you have a drawer under your fridge, may want to pull it out and check for wet wood, under it.

The plastic drain tubing the fridge manufacturers use, don't hold up to the heat behind the fridge very well!

FUSE FOR NORCOLD
bobstromain

I can tell when it is running on elect. by looking at the amp draw(4) on the Aladdin  I first became aware it was cutting off when  I noticed the mode au-ac was blinking.

I do suspect an issue with the 12 volts but I don't know where the source for 12 volts.  It only stays off a few seconds

Airing down
Gary M
14 hours ago, Larry H said:

Gary, I hate to change the subject but must question your statement that Jack’s are for stabilizing and not leveling. It is my understanding that scissor jacks on a trailer are only for stabilizing the RV but that hydraulic leveling jacks on a motorhome are for leveling. Because the 4-jack HWH jacks are designed in such a way to always raise 2 jacks at a time, the reduce the risk of popping a windshield or other damage. My single front jack system accomplishes the same thing in a different way.  

Not a problem with your concern. I personally have destroyed four windshields by using jacks to level. After running across several articles about selling points on RV’s, in the same article on more than one talking about the Salesman switch, it was also talked about jacks for leveling. I personally took that info and applied it to how I level my coach now. It may be coincidence but haven’t cracked a windshield since. I also never use auto level. 
And thanks for difference in opinion as it gave me the chance to explain why I came to my conclusion.

Lug nuts torque specs
Mr Keith

Thanks for all the info everyone 

Salesman Switch ????????
ok-rver

I found the high current relay here at a "lower" price.

https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/kib-electronics-battery-disconnect-latching-relay-lr9806c-bip

It shows a picture of the distribution board so pretty sure it would be correct. At $60, I would replace mine if it was not working. I like turning off all the stuff it turns off with one push of a button. As per Dr4Film, this latches. When energized, there is probably a mechanical gizmo that closes the contacts and holds them closed without voltage to the coil until the coil is momentarily reenergized and the gizmo allows the contacts to open. The link above states the circuit board breaks the voltage to the input after a few seconds in case the low current house switch gets hung up and continues to supply current. This keeps the pull in coil from burning up.

The device circled appears to be like the second item on this page. This one is 50 amps, that may be enough to supply this distribution board.

https://cdctelecom.com/hylun-Amp-A-A-Circuit-Breaker-Fuse-V-22145/Electrical-Equipment-&-Supplies/

The others on the page have trip levers and state they are resettable. I do not see a reset on this one. 

Salesman Switch ????????
Jeff H
10 hours ago, wamcneil said:

I think the circled item is a circuit breaker. 
The latching relays aren’t meant to be constantly energized. It gets a momentary signal from the switch and I think it works life a big clicker in a ballpoint pen. Click on, click off. 
The purpose of that dangling little circuit board is to interrupt signal from the switch  in case it stays on. So the solenoid won’t heat up.
I wonder if their hacked paper-clip bypass finally killed the coil and that’s why it stopped working. 

Edit: oh, wait. I think that bare wire is actually supposed to be there! Now I’m curious  I’ll look at mine later. There are multiple variations of that KIB latching relays. Some have the protection circuit board, others not. II think maybe the relay failed and was replaced with an unprotected version and they moved the protection board over.  
Where does the red wire go that leaves that dangling circuit board?  I think it should go to the fuse and the protected version doesn’t have a bare wire there.  Like the picture on this page:

https://rvpartshop.ca/product/sanitation/51561-kib-enterprises-latching-relay-lr9806cbip.html

Cheers

Walter

The red wire went to one side of the fuse the bare to the other.  The purple went to the coach

i removed the relay and put all 3 wires on the same lug.  See the picture with the circled item

8 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Jeff,

That relay is a LATCHING relay not a CONSTANT Duty relay. So the solenoid is never energized 100% of the time. It is only energized to either Latch the contacts ON or energized to UN-Latch the contacts OFF. If you don't have ANY 12 VDC power to the house then the relay contacts have failed.

The wiring that you have is exactly the way it came from the factory. Either replace the relay or bypass the entire relay.

The item you have circled looks like an Auto-resetting Circuit Breaker.

I bypassed it.  The relay is missing in the picture with the circle.  i put all 3 wires to the same lug

8 minutes ago, ok-rver said:

I found the high current relay here at a "lower" price.

https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/kib-electronics-battery-disconnect-latching-relay-lr9806c-bip

It shows a picture of the distribution board so pretty sure it would be correct. At $60, I would replace mine if it was not working. I like turning off all the stuff it turns off with one push of a button. As per Dr4Film, this latches. When energized, there is probably a mechanical gizmo that closes the contacts and holds them closed without voltage to the coil until the coil is momentarily reenergized and the gizmo allows the contacts to open. The link above states the circuit board breaks the voltage to the input after a few seconds in case the low current house switch gets hung up and continues to supply current. This keeps the pull in coil from burning up.

The device circled appears to be like the second item on this page. This one is 50 amps, that may be enough to supply this distribution board.

https://cdctelecom.com/hylun-Amp-A-A-Circuit-Breaker-Fuse-V-22145/Electrical-Equipment-&-Supplies/

The others on the page have trip levers and state they are resettable. I do not see a reset on this one. 

Thanks Mike.  if the switch inside did anything I might consider replacing the relay.  The switch has never worked.  it is a momentary switch so it makes sense it would have been a latching relay

Salesman Switch ????????
Jeff H

Thank you to all for the heip

If it wasn't for this site I wo.uld have been lost

2002 Monaco Dynasty Tail Light Sockets - Part Number?
Patrick

The bulb sockets on my 2002 Monaco Dynasty are rusty and corroded. Bulbs do not make consistent contact. 

I would like to replace the bulb sockets. Does anyone have a part number? What make are these tail lights?

Thanks as always!

F44320FC-250A-493F-827E-4263F606DDB7.jpeg

22A24D21-E8B9-440A-99B5-3671CB237413.jpeg

Engine with number on it
Jim Bob

I've recently looked at a Dynasty that was for sale, and noticed a number like this on the valve cover.  I am not familiar with seeing that on there and was curious if that is normal or would it indicate that it has been replaced? 

Screenshot 2021-08-14 113250.png

rpasetto

Have you tried the signal without the toad connected? ... or ... Does the  problem occur that way too?

If it only happens with toad connected there could be a a bad ground or some other wiring problem in the toad's wiring.

If the problem is still the same with the toad NOT connected,  check for a bad ground in the RH lighting wiring.

BobSchmeck

I need the same information.  Read somewhere that there is led replacements. I think I seen them on Amazon just before we left. Do a search for Econoline taillights. Please let me know what you find.  ☺

Engine with number on it
John Haggard
27 minutes ago, Jim Bob said:

I've recently looked at a Dynasty that was for sale, and noticed a number like this on the valve cover.  I am not familiar with seeing that on there and was curious if that is normal or would it indicate that it has been replaced? 

Screenshot 2021-08-14 113250.png

The head, or the valve cover may ? 🤔

Have been replaced 

Airing down
skyranchdanes

What I do is turn the key to the accessory position ( to the left ).

Hold down the air dump switch … AND most importantly, press down ‘slightly’ on the parking brake.   That will dump the air quickly.    On my '02 If I don't have the key in the accessory position it 'sounds' like it has dumped the air, and the air guage looks correct, but you can tell by the wheel well to tire that the couch has not dumped.  

I have a small piece of plastic tubing that has a slit in it to wrap around the shaft that I use under the parking brake to prevent any of the 4-legged fur kids stepping on it and releasing the brakes.   I store the piece of plastic tubing in the cup holder next to the parking brake.   By using the tubing I don’t have to control the amount of hand pressure to dump the air, and it’s high enough not to release the brakes.

Pat D.

’02 Diplomat 40’ PBT

eddie4ne

I does not work consistently without the road connected.

Entry door power contacts
96 EVO

Just wondering if I'm the only one having trouble with these damn things!

Original ones, one of the square tubes fell out and dissapeared a couple of years ago, but it kept working fine with just one spring making contact.

About a month ago, I installed brand new, identical contacts (found on Amazon). Well, the square tubes are already beginning to bend!

These contact switches are intended for mini-van sliding side doors, where the door jam presses them squarely. Not really designed for a hinged door!

Anyone else having issues with these contacts?

Slide operation
96 EVO
On 8/7/2021 at 6:29 AM, Steven said:

Thanks for the info. I will check all bay doors from now on. My owners manual says the air system should be fully charged. If not chargd will that cause slide to not operate?

Steve.

Getting back on topic, I would think your slides should operate even with your coach not at 'travel' setting on the air bags.

Mine will. 

RIPPPA

Those are 80’s model Chevy pickup taillights. I’d Google that. 

Refrigerator Slide
JDCrow
6 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

If you have a drawer under your fridge, may want to pull it out and check for wet wood, under it.

The plastic drain tubing the fridge manufacturers use, don't hold up to the heat behind the fridge very well!

And the ice makers leak, and your don’t know it till it’s too late 

AA6C56C3-C143-438F-820D-ED4037189B1D.jpeg

Refrigerator Slide
96 EVO

Ouch!

I stopped using the fridge ice-maker a couple of yrs ago, and bought a portable unit.

Wife still insists I transfer ice from portable, into fridge bucket / dispenser in case someone wants crushed.  

Dometic 4310 Replacement
Bob Blackmon

Does anyone know of a direct replacement for a Dometic 4310 toilet. Parts like seals seem to be available but major parts are not.

Refrigerator Slide
JDCrow
2 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Ouch!

I stopped using the fridge ice-maker a couple of yrs ago, and bought a portable unit.

Wife still insists I transfer ice from portable, into fridge bucket / dispenser in case someone wants crushed.  

We bought it that way, all fixed up now. Our ice maker was gone and line to it capped off also when we bought it. Was a dead give away why the floor was soft 

Refrigerator Slide
jimmcpheters

I have heard of and seen the Talin plates. Did you use expandable rivets or countersunk screws and if so, what length were the screws. The bottom of the slide has not detached from the sides yet. Is my patch how it all starts?

Jimmymac 

I haven't used ice maker for 7 or 8 years. Do it the old fashioned way with an ice cube tray and travel with friends that have a prolific ice maker. 

Refrigerator Slide
JDCrow
15 minutes ago, jimmcpheters said:

I have heard of and seen the Talin plates. Did you use expandable rivets or countersunk screws and if so, what length were the screws. The bottom of the slide has not detached from the sides yet. Is my patch how it all starts?

Jimmymac 

I haven't used ice maker for 7 or 8 years. Do it the old fashioned way with an ice cube tray and travel with friends that have a prolific ice maker. 

Is the water shut off to the ice marker? Mine had no shut off 

PeterSchweizer
On 8/13/2021 at 8:04 AM, Dr4Film said:

First, always have an extra entry door key and ignition key hidden in the Fuel/LPG Tank Bay. I have had to access my hidden keys on two occasions in the last 17+ years.

Next, try putting a section of Gorilla Tape over the button contacts in the side of the door then close the door to see if that takes care of your "ghost". If so, then you know that somehow a signal is going through those contacts telling the door to lock.

Another possibility is that a false positive signal is coming from your Key Fob somehow.

Just now, PeterSchweizer said:

Thanks for letting the world know where you and others may stash spare keys 

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.