Switching our Aladdin System

Hello everyone. I wasn't sure exactly where this should go, so I put it in general discussion. Admin can relocate it if necessary. I like the Aladdin system for some things and not others. Certain aspects of mine have never worked correctly and some seem to have a mind of their own. My intention is to keep the Aladdin system. I don't want to switch to the Silverleaf just yet as the Aladdin does what I expect of it even with it's faults. What I want to do is add the SeeLevel system for the holding tanks.  With that said, I'm trying to determine just how difficult this will be before shelling out $200 for the system. I've watched the youtube videos and it seems a pretty easy install. However, all the literature and videos "assume" you already have a readout (head unit) that you simply switch out. My coach doesn't have one of those so I'd be starting fresh.  I have an 05 Executive and my questions are as follows:

1.  I'm trying to find out which wires go to the holding tanks and where they're located. I've taken off the covers in the wet bay but there's no obvious wires in there. There are several round gizmos with what appears to be telephone wires coming out of them but I'd have to be a contortionist to get to them. See pic below.  Does anyone know which wires go to the sensors? Colors or photos would be ideal.

2.  Once I've determined which wire I can use underneath, I'd like to install the head in the overhead compartment above the driver. This seems to be the easiest and simplest area to run the wires. I'm hoping to be able to find an existing wire from the sensors which runs up front to the Aladdin system. From there it will be an easy wire pull to the overhead compartment. Again, I don't know which wire to tap into on the Aladdin and I would prefer not to start yanking wires off that box without knowing which one is which.

3.  I also am looking to tap into the LP wiring for the same reasons as above. This is not absolutely necessary as we only use LP for the stove top, everything else is electric so we use very little LP. I think I filled it up about 3 years ago.

If anyone has messed with the sensors on their holding tanks and can offer assistance with wire coding and /or location, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Dennis

IMG_5066.jpg

Hopefully another Executive owner will chime in. 

In a lot of cases Monaco installed wiring during construction in anticipation of adding options etc.   I know I have wiring terminated in different areas which I assume was intalled for options that I do not have.   Do you have copies of your wiring diagrams, the wiring may be shown on the diagram as to where they terminate.  You might also go on line and look at other Executives for sale and see if they show pictures of the display.  

Dennis

I did the conversion to the SeeLevel Tank Monitor System in my 05 Exec. It is fairly simple conversion to do.  First you will not be using any of the existing wiring from the Tank Sensors to the Aladdin. If you want to interface the SeeLevel System to the Aladdin you must use the Garnet 709-RVC SeeLevel system.

The Garnet 709-RVC SeeLevel  II System comes with excellent installation Instructions. FOLLOW THEM PRECISELY. You must use high quality 18 gauge strand wires to connect the tank sensors to the monitor. One wire will be for the ground and the other wire is to connect to all the tank sensors blue wire after you mount them on the tanks. You are going to mount the tank sensors in the bay with the water pump and Manabloc on the curb side bay. I ran a two wire harness over the tanks to the service bay and mounted the monitor in the service bay on the opposite side. You can also mount another Monitor inside the coach that is connected to the monitor in the bay

The Bridge for the Tank Sensors for the Aladdin is mounted on the ceiling of the bay where your HWH leveling computer is. I believe it is the second bay, drivers side. You will have to run four 18 gauge wires from the monitor to the bridge.

Once your system is installed and calibrated, your Aladdin will display the tank information as before.

If you would like to further discuss the installation you may call me at 321-427-6909.

• 1 year later...

I was thinking about getting a SeeLevel II to replace my rather inaccurate Aladdin tank sensors.  I didn't know they had version a version which connects to the Aladdin system.  I am not sure my coach layout is the same as your 05 Exec was so I'll start looking in my bay ceilings for the Aladdin bridge.  Any more info you still have on this install will be appreciated.

WOW! I posted this back in March 2020. I do apologize for not following up. I've installed the SeeLevel II system and am fairly pleased with the outcome. I decided not to use the Aladdin system due to all it's faults, real or imagined. I installed the SLII easily enough as all three tanks are accessible on the passenger side compartment. I'll post some pics tomorrow when it's light out. I fished the wire through the tank bay which comes out right next to the dump bay on the driver's side. I mounted the panel head in that compartment and decided the extra head wouldn't be necessary as I'm not so concerned with the tanks that I can't go outside and look. I also mounted a three gang toggle switch which turns on the LED lights, the macerator and the head unit itself. Everything works as designed and I'm pleased with the install....Again, I apologize for not following up and I'll post the pics tomorrow.....Dennis

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dennis H said:

WOW! I posted this back in March 2020. I do apologize for not following up. I've installed the SeeLevel II system and am fairly pleased with the outcome. I decided not to use the Aladdin system due to all it's faults, real or imagined. I installed the SLII easily enough as all three tanks are accessible on the passenger side compartment. I'll post some pics tomorrow when it's light out. I fished the wire through the tank bay which comes out right next to the dump bay on the driver's side. I mounted the panel head in that compartment and decided the extra head wouldn't be necessary as I'm not so concerned with the tanks that I can't go outside and look. I also mounted a three gang toggle switch which turns on the LED lights, the macerator and the head unit itself. Everything works as designed and I'm pleased with the install....Again, I apologize for not following up and I'll post the pics tomorrow.....Dennis

I made an inquiry I made to Garnet and received a response.   Their SeeLevel version with an interface to the Aladdin is no longer available.  The tank level calibration # is the same on the fresh tank full or empty so I think there may be a problem with the cable or the interface module. 

I put a Seelevel in my Dynasty years ago so it looks like I'll eventually go that way.  Wondering if anyone has the specs for the digital-to-analog converter which Garnet used to have for that model.