Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/515-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Engine with number on it
Gary Cole
New tires coming..........
wayne.cerven@gmail.com
Entry door power contacts
rpasetto
Engine with number on it
Cubflyer
Ivylog
Engine with number on it
John Haggard
We have a ghost in our Monaco
Chargerman
rpasetto
'08 Camelot TRAVEL Inflation problem
RustyTools
Generator Issues
philcarrell
Hydraulic Fan Blades and Motor
georgecederholm
Salesman Switch ????????
Dr4Film
Dometic 4310 Replacement
Dr4Film
Dr4Film
Dometic 4310 Replacement
Bob Blackmon
Engine with number on it
Dennis H
Engine with number on it
Jim Bob
Dennis H
Engine with number on it
Dennis H
Cost of air spring replacement
Dennis H
Dr4Film
John Haggard
FUSE FOR NORCOLD
bobstromain
TST Flo-Thru sensors For Sale
W7BE_Bob
DrDon4u
Salesman Switch ????????
woodylmiller
Refrigerator Slide
jimmcpheters
FUSE FOR NORCOLD
Dr4Film
FUSE FOR NORCOLD
bobstromain
FUSE FOR NORCOLD
John Haggard
Paul A.
Engine with number on it
Jim Bob
Refrigerator Slide
JDCrow
Tow bar set up
Dr4Film
Rikadoo
Tow bar set up
JDCrow
Tow bar set up
Dr4Film
Tow bar set up
JDCrow

Engine with number on it
Gary Cole

Its a Cub Cadet model #3532. Had one with the snow blower attachment.

wayne.cerven@gmail.com

Woody

My dad taught us a couple things work hard and be kind, and when things get tough work harder.

He has used the golden goose phrase for the 57 years that I have been on this earth, I used it with my kids.

We are experiencing the same problem in our part of the country. 

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Entry door power contacts
rpasetto

I remember replacing it a few years back on my Dynasty.  You're right, they are contacts designed for a mopar minivan sliding  door.  Mine stayed together after that.  

It could be that the one you bought was a poorly made copy.  You might want to try another source; stuff from Amazon may get delivered fast but is not necessarily the best quality.

Engine with number on it
Cubflyer

Markings like that used to be used by junkyards to identify their stock, so it may be a replacement engine. Kind of old school, now days they use barcodes in a lot of places.

Ivylog

Work or starve.” You can’t buy votes if you make them work.

Engine with number on it
John Haggard
4 minutes ago, Cubflyer said:

Markings like that used to be used by junkyards to identify their stock, so it may be a replacement engine. Kind of old school, now days they use barcodes in a lot of places.

Yes

Inventory # for salvaged part's 

It looks like a new or newly conditioned 

Head. 

Chargerman
7 hours ago, PeterSchweizer said:

Thanks for letting the world know where you and others may stash spare keys 

Watch out Dr4Film. The whole world is going to be tracking you down to use that spare key to get into your coach when you least expect it 🙄

rpasetto

Travel with a toad?  Keep extra coach key in toad; also extra toad key in coach (somewhere... maybe different for everyone).

RustyTools

Closing the loop... passenger ride height valve was bad. I did a forensic analysis (ie, tore it apart), but couldn't determine the root cause.  In addition, I found a wire going to the 6-pak was intermittent right at its connector, causing me to occasionally have a FAULT light illuminate, and making it harder to troubleshoot the initial problem.

Thanks for the help, all.

Generator Issues
philcarrell

Started my 10K genset yesterday while driving.  It started and run for 30-45  minutes then shut down.  It showed a 3-5 service code.  We were driving so I restarted and it run another period of time.  Wife got the manual out and the service code said (During startup the genset Controller detected an EE memory error) se a Onan dealer.

I restarted it and it run for over an hour until we stopped for the night.  Since it was Saturday no dealers open or close to me in eastern Colorado.

Any ideas?

georgecederholm

I had to replace the blades on our 2005 Exec (Detroit, side radiator) several years ago. If I recall correctly, the blades have a fixed pitch that is molded into the hub ends. It’s a 2-part hub that comes apart to fit the blades into each socket.

Ours needed to be replaced because the welds failed on the “X” frame that Monaco fabricated to hold the fan motor in place. It was only held on in one corner. I was able to salvage enough blade debris to get the part number to order from MultiWing. I think the direction, pitch and length were coded into the part numbers. I think ours took 12 blades.

I usually caution folks with similar setups to check their fan motor bracket for cracks at least annually. 

Salesman Switch ????????
Dr4Film

Jeff,

Sorry I missed that completely so I went back and looked. That is a nice clean way to bypass that relay since you had a post nearby to use.

My Constant Duty relay was small enough that I just placed both wires onto the same post.

Battery Cut-off Relay-01.jpg

Dometic 4310 Replacement
Dr4Film

I would think that the Sealand Concerto would be a direct fit however I would call Dometic to confirm that since they own the Sealand company.

https://www.campingworld.com/sealand-concerto-all-ceramic-toilet-630054.html

Dr4Film
8 hours ago, PeterSchweizer said:

Thanks for letting the world know where you and others may stash spare keys 

🤣 I defy you or anyone for that matter to find my "hidden" location unless you are a midget contortionists with extra special characteristics. ROTFLMFAO

Dr4Film

👍 Great Job!

Dometic 4310 Replacement
Bob Blackmon

Thanks Doc that led me where I needed to go.

Engine with number on it
Dennis H

Mine had something similar when I bought the coach new, so Monaco may have put that on there. It'll always be a mystery....Dennis

2002 Monaco Dynasty Tail Light Sockets - Part Number?
Dennis H

Just make sure the new replacements have the proper tabs to lock into the tail lamp assemblies. I'd snip one off and take it to my local auto parts store and see what I can match up.....Dennis

Engine with number on it
Jim Bob

I am definitely old school...  which is why when I saw the number I thought that it might have been salvage yard type thing.  Thanks for the info.  This was a coach that had obviously not been well maintained, so I was somewhat leery of it and then I saw that number on the valve cover.  It was certainly priced well, but I think there are to many unknowns.  Thanks again, 

Jim

Dennis H
44 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

🤣 I defy you or anyone for that matter to find my "hidden" location unless you are a midget contortionists with extra special characteristics. ROTFLMFAO

Now you've told the world you're a midget contortionist with special characteristics....ROTHFLMAO....Dennis

Engine with number on it
Dennis H

Jim, if it's priced according to it's condition, I'd pull the engine number and have the local Cummins facility pull all the engine records on it. Easy to do and won't cost you anything.....just a thought....Dennis

Dennis H

I posted awhile back about one of my air springs that had failed. I figured if one failed the others might not be far behind. Further inspection didn't change that opinion so I decided it was time to change all of them. The most difficult part was determining the correct part number and whether all ten springs were the same. REV was less than helpful but I muddied through all the info out there and finally determined all my springs were the same, (8619) Using that number, I was able to find Firestones at Michigan Truck Springs in Saginaw, Michigan. After purchasing the springs, ($209 ea. OTD) I found a local shop to install them. Cost for install was $180/spring, which includes some replacement fittings that were leaking, taxes etc. To me, that was worth me not having to crawl under the coach to do it myself. This is simply for reference if someone else is considering air spring replacement. Since I only had the one spring fail, I was able to disable that spring and drive it to the repair facility myself, saving the cost of a tow.....hope this helps someone....Dennis

Dr4Film

Dennis,

If my math is correct, are you saying that it cost just under $4000 to replace all 10 air springs?

John Haggard

Good to know

Thanks for sharing. 

Many Monacoers go to JoSams Orlando

There are frequent threads listing part numbers and pricing for installation 

5 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Dennis,

If my math is correct, are you saying that it cost just under $4000 to replace all 10 air springs?

Each As I read it Richard 

FUSE FOR NORCOLD
bobstromain

Problem solved.  N/C contacts in High Temp. Switch had poor connection causing a drop in 12V for  a split second now and then. this caused unit to go off for a second and then immediately A/C or LP depending on your setting would blink back on.  This all within 3-5 seconds.  I by passed the switch to allow fridge to run long enough to confirm my findings.  Will try to locate new HTS 634677 Rev B

Seeking source for fan control for hydraulic fan
Woody O

Traveling over contential divide to reach Grand Tetons, had to drop speed drop down to 35mph and had to stop 4 times to cool down radiator. Got appointment at Kenworth Sales in Idaho Falls this coming Thursday. Over the phone, they are thinking fan control. Not sure if they would have a replacement, so was hoping to find a source here to help out if they don’t. Have a 2006 Dynasty with ISL-2 400 Cummins.

W7BE_Bob

There are 2 different flow through sensors with different batteries and battery replacement procedure. They are different size and weight and metal valve stems are recommended. Both are bigger and heavier than the cap sensor. Literature says rubber stems OK for the cap sensor. All 3 recommend replacing the O ring with the battery. Details are in the 507 installation manual. 

DrDon4u

I had my 10 air springs done in AZ, it cost me $3,000 for the whole job.

Salesman Switch ????????
woodylmiller

I have the latching relay.  It died so it was bypassed.  A continuous relay will drain your batteries, or burn out the coil in the relay.  Latching is the only way to go.  We never use the salesman switch so bypassing the relay didn't matter to us.  Might replace it some day when I have nothing better to do.  I did use a "continuous" duty relay one time, never again.  Took a day to recharge the battery. 

Refrigerator Slide
jimmcpheters

Yes

Timaz996

Do you have a Wax valve controller or electronic?

Hypoxia

If it is the electronic Sauer Danfoss control, Unplug the fan control & it should go to high speed continuously.  If the fan control module fails it reverts to high speed.

FUSE FOR NORCOLD
Dr4Film

I think you will find that the Revision is far into the alphabet plus I don't think they are user replaceable.

Call Norcold to find out how to replace the "black box" safety device.

Paul A.

Contact http://sourcerv.com/products for the product they designed to replace the Sauer Danfoss.  Once and done.

Thermal Valve Conversion Kithttp://sourcerv.com/images2/conversion_sm.png

Click on the blue bar.

FUSE FOR NORCOLD
bobstromain

Will do....Thanks for your help

FUSE FOR NORCOLD
John Haggard
27 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I think you will find that the Revision is far into the alphabet plus I don't think they are user replaceable.

Call Norcold to found out how to replace the "black box" safety device.

Certified tec only.

Paul A.

Bill Groves created a F B group called, Monacoers and posted there,  on the replacement of the air bags on his Dynasty which he did himself. 

Engine with number on it
Jim Bob

That was my plan Dennis.  I was also going to do an engine oil analysis, but when I reviewed the paperwork, there was nothing indicating any service history.  There were some other issues, like a soft spot in the floor, the aqua hot exhaust pipe was missing...  just determined that there was to many obvious signs that it had not been taken care of.

Timaz996

Look this guy up. He is great and helped me last year with a hydraulic leak. He is a diesel truck repair shop but will work on motorhomes if you ask. Really nice guy.

Ponce Enterprise

1997 Walton Ave Idaho Falls, ID 83401
(208) 709-9940

waterskier_1

Both the wax and electronic hydraulic fan speed controller are designed to fail wide open, i.e., max speed.  While it is possible thar it failed at min speed, I would closely check before replacing.   If it's the wax valve, you can disconnect the hydraulic lines going to it and force a max and min speed by blocking the lines (2 caps) or connecting them together (bypass valve with an inline coupler). Suspect the same can be done with the electronic controller, but I have no personal experience doing so.  

Timaz996

If it's a wax valve you can disconnect the two 1/4" lines from the valve and put in brass plugs. This will run the fan wide open. I have done this and keep the brass caps in the coach just in case.

Refrigerator Slide
JDCrow
1 hour ago, jimmcpheters said:

Yes

Awesome sauce 

Tow bar set up
Dr4Film

JD,

Were you able to locate where the wireless monitor ended up?

Rikadoo

I know on mine i was told i needed metal valve stems. With the fact of the rubber decays so soon i felt safer having the metal ones installed.

9B6B1D17-8F15-4404-924A-45E10F443522.jpeg

Tow bar set up
JDCrow
54 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

JD,

Were you able to locate where the wireless monitor ended up?

Not yet. The seller is looking. He’s been cool about it, offered a refund if he can’t find it. 

Tow bar set up
Dr4Film

Or possibly RVIBrake may be able to supply just the wireless monitor as they do have some spare parts available.

I had to purchase a new Command Center Hub for my RVIBrake-3 as the micro USB connector broke off the printed circuit board.

Tow bar set up
JDCrow
38 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Or possibly RVIBrake may be able to supply just the wireless monitor as they do have some spare parts available.

I had to purchase a new Command Center Hub for my RVIBrake-3 as the micro USB connector broke off the printed circuit board.

Yeah I chatted with RVI, no such luck. It will operate fine without it, just let’s ya know what’s going on and can make adjustments to braking is what they told me. 

Woody O

Thanks for all the input. I feel much better. I will give a follow up after my appointment on Thursday.

woodylmiller

Wayne, my Dad had a rule for us kids; your choice, school or work, but you're not sitting around the house.  We didn't have a summer vacation when school let out.  We either went to summer school or found a job.  I quit a job when I was 16 cause it involved more physical labor than I wanted to give.  So my Dad took me out to the backyard to discuss the matter.  I'll never forget that right hand knocking me upside the head.  That was the last time I ever quit a job while I was still living at home.  I never thanked him for that lesson, but I should have.

Woody Miller

Timaz996

Contact:   Tomorrow he should be able to see you before then.  Look up his Google reviews. 

Ponce Enterprise

1997 Walton Ave Idaho Falls, ID 83401
(208) 709-9940

tmw188

Good one Woody!

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow

Flushings getting better, but, went to change primary fuel filter between flushing and found out I was handed the wrong one. 

On to generator Service. It won’t start and blinks that it’s time for a service. The oil doesn’t look bad, neither does the air filter. But I’ll get all new stuff put in. Maybe change coolant while doing coolant anyway . All the filters in it are Carquest. Onan going in now 

B586212E-4417-4080-859F-431E517A2400.jpeg

EC7D22BC-B6EB-4F8B-85C0-6A3798D9B555.jpeg

81892E3F-D405-4288-ADBA-30B97396405C.jpeg

6B677C35-76CA-4CEB-8711-157E9CAE6158.jpeg

2F794FFB-B07E-442A-88D7-F8D9CCAE7A45.jpeg

19EA7D20-681D-4374-B1E6-ABD7B65D7BD6.jpeg

D8C61BA6-C88E-4A44-9F5E-49BF8374163A.jpeg

3F7E4CA1-11D9-40DF-9F91-82D01FE7181A.jpeg

tmw188

I will inspect that bracket, the blades looked perfect. Thanks for the suggestion. I counted 9 blades on my Windsor. 

Convert Batwing antenna to hold a wifi/ cellular antenna.
Bob Jones

That was my post. I left that site for this one 🙂 The Ubiquiti dish works like a top. This is my first post here 🙂 

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.