Ceiling lights cutting off by itself

Woody O

The bedroom ceiling (led) lights started cutting off. Manually turn back on, cut off, manually churn on and after maybe three times would work for couple of days without any further problems. Today, it happened again and this time, the bedroom ceiling lights and the kitchen lights cutoff by itself. Turned back on twice before they stayed on without any further problems.  Any ideas of what to do?  2006 Dynasty.

6 hours ago, Woody O said:

The bedroom ceiling (led) lights started cutting off. Manually turn back on, cut off, manually churn on and after maybe three times would work for couple of days without any further problems. Today, it happened again and this time, the bedroom ceiling lights and the kitchen lights cutoff by itself. Turned back on twice before they stayed on without any further problems.  Any ideas of what to do?  2006 Dynasty.

Intellitec board may be going bad.  Fairly common in my experience.  

17 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

What about any other 12 VDC powered devices, are they not working at the same time you lose the ceiling lights?

The lights going "flickering" was the first sign my Salesman relay was failing.  Does the ceiling fan stop as well?

Dr 4Film, only certain lights will go out and no appliances have gone out.  Jeff, the lights go out and stay out until I turn them back on. The salesman switch is working fine. The ceiling fans stays on. Hypoxia, the intellitec board, is that the board behind the 6 switch pads?

I had two similar experiences with my 2007 Dynasty multiplex system.  The first was with the aquahot living room fan speed.  When the aquahot was heating the room, the fan would sometimes stop running and then imediately restart.  I did some troubleshooting and found that the fan signal from the aquahot to the mux input was good but did not find the problem at that time.  Sometime later, completely by chance, I noticed that if I had the LED lights over my recliner ON the fan would sometimes turn off and on.  By process of elimination I found that one of my chinese g4 replacement LEDs was causing the problem - I assume it was generating RFI that was confusing the mux computer or application module.  I replaced it and have not had a similar occurance in over two years.

The other incident was the bedroom closet lights flickering on and off.  I tracked this down to one of the ceiling fluoresent lamps that was apparently generating some RFI.  I removed the ballast and replaced the tubes with LED strips and the problem went away.

This may have nothing to do with your problem but it might be something to consider.  Good luck.

Terry R

2007 Dynasty

On 8/16/2021 at 6:56 PM, Hypoxia said:

Intellitec board may be going bad.  Fairly common in my experience.  

We’re is this Intellitec board located.? Where do you get a new board?

17 minutes ago, Woody O said:

We’re is this Intellitec board located.? Where do you get a new board?

As you can see by Terry's post, there can be a variety of causes.  The Switch pad has its board but there are other MUX (Multiplex) boards that would be more likely.  As a "for instance", I had galley lights that would turn on or off randomly.  I eventually realized it only happened when the bedroom door was closed.  There is a door switch to prevent the slide from being retracted with the door closed (crushing it).  The module that controlled that was above the windshield and had a bad component.  I was able to simply move the wire to another terminal and change the DIP switch for that terminal.  I would have never figured it out and would be currently residing in an Insane Asylum but for Jason (Rev Group Coburg) figuring it out and sending me the wiring diagram page that is not in the book.  That was prior to them divorcing the pre-bankruptcy owners.

Do you have a bunch of MUX boards in the rear closet or bath?

We have a 2006 Dynasty and had similar problems, only worse.  Virtually nothing would work from the wall switches. 

We contacted M&M Lighting and were told that the top 2 things to try was number one, to remove the florescent light ballasts and then replace the florescent lights with led lights and the second was to make sure all the grounds were tight. 

The grounding busbar should be inside the rear engine hatch on the inside, upper left hand corner of the rear firewall.  (see photo)   I loosened each grounding screw and, sprayed it with electrical contact cleaner and then re-tightened then.  Also re-tightened the attaching screws. I removed my five florescent light ballasts and replaced the bulbs with led bulbs and have not had a problem since. 

busbar 2006 Dynasty.jpg