Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/516-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Micro-air Thermostat
Bob Jones
Micro-air Thermostat
FishAR
Micro-air Thermostat
wamcneil
Micro-air Thermostat
Ray Davis
TST Flo-Thru sensors For Sale
FishAR
New tires coming..........
W7BE_Bob
front windshield 2004 Knight
SigPIlot
Ceiling lights cutting off by itself
JohnnyDiesel
birdshill123
Location of the Dash Annunciator
Yoaks5
wayne.cerven@gmail.com
Awning rubber seal needs replacement.
Tazmanian Martje
Repairing a Generator Slide
tmw188
Tazmanian Martje
Chuck Hefti
Acryl-R Replacement?
Patrick
Acryl-R Replacement?
JDCrow
Acryl-R Replacement?
Bob Jones
Acryl-R Replacement?
JDCrow

Micro-air Thermostat
Bob Jones

I wanted to get this thermostat but I still have the 4-button CCC in my unit (along with the original 22 year old AC units). 

Apparently I need to install two new boards that support the 5-button Dometic thermostat in order for the Microair to work. The problem is, Dometic will not tell me what boards I need! Same with Microair. 6 emails into Dometic and not one answer with a part number!

Micro-air Thermostat
FishAR
4 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

I wanted to get this thermostat but I still have the 4-button CCC in my unit (along with the original 22 year old AC units). 

Apparently I need to install two new boards that support the 5-button Dometic thermostat in order for the Microair to work. The problem is, Dometic will not tell me what boards I need! Same with Microair. 6 emails into Dometic and not one answer with a part number!

Depending on how much you want to trust them, these are the instructions for the 4 button thermostat on the microair website.

Not Compatible Without Upgrading Your
Air Conditioner Control Board.
Control Board Upgrade Options: Not Sold By Micro-Air

Upgrading to the CCC (3109229.009) or CCC1 (3311557.000) control board would allow you to use our ASY-357-X01 (black) or ASY-357-X02 (white)

Upgrading to the CCC2 (3312227.000) control board would allow you to use our
ASY-350-X01 (black) or ASY-350-X02 (white)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Note: Technical support is NOT available for the installation and or configuration upgrades of the control board, all questions should be directed to the AC manufacturer.

Micro-air Thermostat
wamcneil
4 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

I... The problem is, Dometic will not tell me what boards I need! Same with Microair. 6 emails into Dometic and not one answer with a part number!

Yeah, dometic doesn’t provide support… My new AC came with one half of a modular connector and I was having trouble finding the other half so I called to ask if I should have received the other half, and if not maybe give me a part number???

I did get someone on the phone. The answer was “Sorry. Call your reseller. We don’t answer questions “. 
While I haven’t actually changed a board, I have compared the boards in my original penguin to my new penguin II. The new penguin II has an ambient temperature sensor that the older ACs don’t have.  Otherwise looks to me like the connections to the circuit board are all the same. So unless dometic changed the default mode on the reversing valve, I think the boards are all interchangeable. 
Cheers

Walter

Micro-air Thermostat
Ray Davis
57 minutes ago, wamcneil said:

So unless dometic changed the default mode on the reversing valve, I think the boards are all interchangeable. 

I do recall a change was made in the reversing default,  but I don't know when or if that would make a difference

if one could or couldn't use a board.

TST Flo-Thru sensors For Sale
FishAR

I just figured any heavy duty tire taking over 100 pounds of air would have a metal valve stem.

This is a good deal. I just paid $200 for 4 of the non flow thru sensors. Just because I prefer them because they're not as heavy and I already had 4 and the monitor that I took from the fifth wheel I just sold.

W7BE_Bob

On 7/6/21 I paid $4391 for 8 of the same size M144 Toyo tires plus $290 labor for spin balance and metal stem rebuild. $4681 total. All I did was pay the bill. 

Woody O

The bedroom ceiling (led) lights started cutting off. Manually turn back on, cut off, manually churn on and after maybe three times would work for couple of days without any further problems. Today, it happened again and this time, the bedroom ceiling lights and the kitchen lights cutoff by itself. Turned back on twice before they stayed on without any further problems.  Any ideas of what to do?  2006 Dynasty.

front windshield 2004 Knight
SigPIlot

Just wondering if anyone knows a good windshield replacement shop in central Florida? Had the name of one a couple of years go but can't find it. I know the guys name was Chris, in Orlando or nearby.

JohnnyDiesel

Sounds like a problem with the power going to the switches. Check the switch and the connections to it.

LED lights are voltage sensitive so a weak connection will drop the voltage and make the lights cut off.

I hope this helps.

Dr4Film

What about any other 12 VDC powered devices, are they not working at the same time you lose the ceiling lights?

birdshill123

Why do people think they should buy motor coach tires

Onl gy makes those and they are the worst tire known to mankind. I think Continental has motor coach tires but not much size choice. Most mfrs. have steer or multi position tires that can be used on a MH. Often this is noted in the literature. If not just call the mfr. tech support  and they will recommend a suitable tire. Bu these are not specifically  mh tires. They are truck tires that will work.

Location of the Dash Annunciator
Yoaks5
On 8/14/2021 at 9:48 AM, Hypoxia said:

Kevin, that looks like an Actia Dash.  Those Orange, Violet, White wires are daisy chained from one gauge to the next.  You can change wires from one to the other as well as changing the gauges they go to & from.  The only requirement is to have them go into one side of a gauge & out of the other side of that gauge and then over to another gauge in any order.  I see someone added a blue Scotch Clip to a wire between the gauges.  If it goes to any of those daisy chained wires that would be a problem.

Jim...thanks for the info. I'll play around with these daisy chained wires and see if if makes any difference. The blue connector is my attempt to verify that I had a good ground to these gauges. It's attached to the ground wire that feeds the gauges. 

On 8/14/2021 at 10:59 AM, willbo777 said:

Also when I had my problem I was able to contact Actia and got help.  

Thanks Bill. thought I had responded back to you after your first suggestion to contact them. I did try to contact Actia with no luck. Left messages and haven't gotten a return call. Do you have an contact info? 

On 8/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, Hypoxia said:

I found a note from another Actia windshield wiping and flashing lights problem that was caused by water in the connectors of the Front Run Bay F1 panel Intellitec 73-00835 board.

I have cleaned and checked some connectors in this bay but didn't see anything that looked bad. I am planning on taking all of these board out and clean and inspect since there has been water in this bay. Was actually raining when we went to look at it and was dripping off the ceiling. I believe it was coming from the beltline just above the bay ceiling. I caulked it and believe that fixed it. Maybe I need to move that up on my to do list. 

I had also seen that these may be Faria gauges also. So reached out to them also and did get ahold of a tech there that supplied me with a few documents about these gauges (see attached). Sadly these are not for my gauges but may help someone else. I e mailed the tech to see if he had any info on the Navigator gauges but haven't heard back yet. He repeatedly told me they are not repairable due to parts. 

Appreciate the help and ideas. At this point I have a couple air gauges hooked up so at least I have air pressure reading but sadly no alarm so need to figure out how to get at least a temp alarm hooked up.

IS0206_A_Monaco_serial_bus_vehicle.pdf MONACO_EXEC_CONN_DETAIL.pdf MONACO_SIG_CONNECTOR_DIAG has been scanned.msg.pdf MONACO_SIG_GATEWAY_DIAG.pdf

wayne.cerven@gmail.com

I put Bridgestone on and they are Coach tires

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Hypoxia
6 hours ago, Woody O said:

The bedroom ceiling (led) lights started cutting off. Manually turn back on, cut off, manually churn on and after maybe three times would work for couple of days without any further problems. Today, it happened again and this time, the bedroom ceiling lights and the kitchen lights cutoff by itself. Turned back on twice before they stayed on without any further problems.  Any ideas of what to do?  2006 Dynasty.

Intellitec board may be going bad.  Fairly common in my experience.  

Tazmanian Martje

Where can I find the proper seal for the awning between the awning and roof?  Or is there a better alternative replacement.?  I can't find on the girard site replacement seal.

Convert Batwing antenna to hold a wifi/ cellular antenna.
woodylmiller

Bob, which dish did you install?  More tech lingo has left me confused.  So how do you put all this together?  What did you mount the dish to?  And then a co-ax cable to a router?  Does this dish pick up cell signals?  My Cradlepoint has a LAN and WAN Ethernet ports and a USB port.  Would this dish plug into one of those? or would I need a hub of sorts first?  Excuse the questions, but this tech stuff is hard to get a handle on.  We've dropped quite a bit of money chasing a cell/internet system to stream with.  I don't mind spending the money, but I'd like to do it right the first time.  The Spark did work fairly well except for the thing timing out and shutting off every 20 or 30 minutes.  Cradlepoint cell/router works great with a cell signal.  I'm guessing maybe that dish would amplify a cell signal?  Thanks,

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

pwhittle

See if this post helps. It was for the slide toppers and the window awnings on our 2005 Signature.

I  am not sure this seal would work for the main awning. Our main awning and the door awning have a different type of seal from Monaco, shaped like a large T. Girard recommended the same thing for the slide toppers and window awnings, but I think it would be too big.

Paul

Repairing a Generator Slide
tmw188
On 7/8/2021 at 8:24 AM, jacwjames said:

I have had this problem intermittently since I've owned the coach.  I have taken the cylinder out and completely cleaned trying to get rid of all contamination.  I have had to remove the valve block multiple times to get the lock valve free and  I even purchased a new lock valve.  

What I have found is that when I put the slide in if I continue to hold the button in it seems to purges hydraulic fluid through the valve and it reduces the chance of it sticking.

I also found that if the slide does get stuck, I can take the 2 nuts off the cylinder ram and move the slide manually and for some reason when I put it back the slide works, no idea why but this is the last thing I do before diving into the valve block itself. 

So don't get too excited yet as I predict the problem will come back eventually. 

Can you explain the lock valve?

ScanGauge D not working on engine/transmission diagnostic port
pwhittle

I’ve had my ScanGauge D for a couple years plugged into the diagnostic port by drivers left knee, but last trip it was not working. Display was blank. I also tried plugging into the engine bay diagnostic port. Engine and transmission data is available via the Aladdin system.

I called ScanGauge and described my problem. They had me send it in to have it checked out. They found no issue, but sent a different unit back, which also doesn’t work.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

Paul

Tazmanian Martje

Yes it is a T seal for the main awning  but has dry rotted and shrunk, there fore is leaking.  where can I find a T one.?

Chuck Hefti

That should be what is called a double bulb sweep seal that has a self pinch side that attaches to the slide opening. If this is the same as my bdrm. slide(2002 Monaco Knight) they are a real pita to install. You should be able to Google it with no problem. I found mine at a local RV store. Good luck.

Acryl-R Replacement?
Patrick

I can’t seem to find a source of Acryl-R in Western Canada. Does anyone know of an acceptable replacement for re-sealing vents, etc on the roof?

Thanks for your help!

Acryl-R Replacement?
JDCrow

Like a Dicor type product? 

Convert Batwing antenna to hold a wifi/ cellular antenna.
Bob Jones

The Ubiquiti M5 is the dish I used. It mounted to the batwing, which I removed. I used to have them both on there but then you had to physically remove the dish before you went down the road. Now that I got rid of the batwing you can raise, lower and aim it from inside just as with the batwing. The dish only does WiFi in the 5Ghz range. It reaches out very far, miles and miles and miles if you need it to. Ethernet cable to the dish, down through a sealed hole in the roof into the area behind the speaker and then over to what I call the media bay, the three compartments above the windshield. From there it goes to the WAN port on a router and there is also an access point in the unit above the driver's head. 

It works very well, given the range. It's also very cheap and extremely durable. Fully water and wind proof, it's really carrier grade equipment put into use for the motorhome. So, it's not cellular, it's Wifi and only on the 5Ghz band which today is pretty much standard. On the other site, everyone that bought one loved it - and lots of people bought them. Up here (Canada) we have a cable company that provides WiFi access pretty much across the country from the left of Ontario to Vancouver Island. It's included in your cable package so it's very easy to get access as long as you can reach their access point. Given the dish's very high gain, it will likely do 30 KM's or so if you have a matching dish on the other end. But that's not the point, the point is it can easily go a mile or two which is probably all most people need. 

Acryl-R Replacement?
Bob Jones

I used Flex Seal, the one that comes in a gallon can. I was just up on the roof washing/cleaning it. It worked very well and I would not hesitate to use it again. Bear in mind, the stuff in the gallon can is not the same as the spray stuff. I went over every seam and cutout with it. It's holding up very well, probably two years now?

Acryl-R Replacement?
JDCrow

If so this is what I used 

Premier Pro Products RV Roof... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QF3W7RC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

F4CEA706-EEE7-4DD0-BF91-51003FF6B0E6.jpeg

98511437-A55B-4822-BEBA-3726AFA5BB23.jpeg

6381B0EF-59D9-46B1-88E7-37C03B9A306B.jpeg

C7ACBD5A-AE9B-4DC9-8C46-0FBED6351FE7.jpeg

ScanGauge D not working on engine/transmission diagnostic port
Ivan K

Mine works fine. I have it on Auto-ON which turns it on when the voltage changes and sometimes with solar charger working it does not register and remains blank until I push whatever button. Doubt that would be your problem however.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.