Coach Name Badges

3 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

Before I commit I'd like to know what the price is but I am interested in both the name but also the Monaco emblem.  The emblem on the front of the coach has seen it's better days.

That's a good question.  I don't know what the price point is yet.  We are trying to get a 'feel' for the extent of the interest right now  for name badges only.   I know there is a pretty good demand for the monaco logo's, but that's a separate issue.  

He had started this project a couple years ago, but with Covid, it was put on hold.  Since then, the mfg has doubled the 'minimum' order and he's still waiting to get the total cost, including all the set up fees  Again, this is for the name badges only. 

• 1 year later...

My friend that was interested in pursuing this endeavor has a few Camelot badges for sale (he has  posted  either here or on irv2 for sale), but decided it’s just not worth the cost and/or risk. With minimum orders and set up fees, you’re out of pocket many thousands of dollars before you sell just 1.  Multiply that for several models and your talking a lot of money.  

I believe there is a company in Canada that may be a solution for individual owners to contact directly.  I don’t have first hand experience, so any feedback here would be helpful. 
laserman cuts

red deer, Alberta 

Web: lasermanncuts.ca

i hope this could be a solution for some  

Hey Diplomat owners,

Awhile back, another of our users, jaddison711, provided a source for Monaco Diplomat emblems. 

On 4/23/2022 at 9:35 AM, jaddison711 said:

Hi Jeff!  Sorry for the delay.

I had a really hard time finding these emblems, so I got them made by a company called https://www.domednumbers.com/  They actually specialize in boat lettering and I have used them in the past to make decals for my boat.  

I sent them the dimensions and pictures of the existing emblem and they made them for me.  Very quick turn around time, and they still look great (it's been about 3 years since I installed them).  They weren't cheap, but if you order more than on (I got 3) they reduce the shipping cost.

The attached screenshot is from them after they shipped the order. The SKU is listed there so I wonder if you could contact them and see if they could pull up my order and just use the proof that they already made?

If they need to reference by my name it's Josh Addison from Fillmore, CA.

Good luck!

Josh Addison

image.png.3f2649b15c89ca8c11ee10ac375a705e.png

On 4/23/2022 at 5:34 PM, jaddison711 said:

Here is one of the 3. They ended up being the perfect size to cover up the old emblem “ghost” marks. 

4615C637-501F-4F31-AD23-EE1DBC7894F2.jpeg

D5F1CF60-861C-438B-9F61-549EB6E7B733.jpeg

898F71B9-7433-406D-9F1E-5D7F614B6383.jpeg

E1C0E90D-1DFF-4003-89BE-65A63A950579.jpeg

Edited by J Goddard
corrected jaddison711

Perry (10 Boomer) and I worked on this a while back, making Camelot emblems out of polished aluminum. We had to order a minimum at the time and still have a few sets on hand. 

Feel free to contact me about them. I don’t know if I can put the price here in this thread, or should maybe list them in the FOR SALE area.

10FB802D-A0EA-4067-A496-88311D4BE554.jpeg

C92107ED-8E61-4A92-A8F3-01F4B48C469C.jpeg

Feel free to post it here or the parts area, or both…

I would consider this more of a “favor” to a few Camelot owners than trying to hawk a product. 🤣 (Especially since I’ve been trying to find a set for my Dip for 4 years…. and yes, I’ve reached out to the boat emblem company mentioned above…)

PS - I would *love* to get a set of polished aluminum or stainless.  I found a guy in North Georgia who will use his water jet machine to make them out of stainless if I can get him an AutoCAD file of the logo, but creating that file is beyond my skill set. 

I did a search of Scotty's recommendation and the ONLY Monaco was the Dip....and there was no "Monaco" Logo listed....

My W&CI (Wild and Crazy Idea) was to use a roll or body side molding tape.  Perhaps a "Chrome" or reflective color.  OR perhaps a contrasting one....like White.

Get a 2" roll of it.  Cover the "Logo" that lives on the TOP of each end cap.  THEN, use a razor knife and cut off the excess....in effect, just adding a single thickness to each one.  Never got around to doing it....but it would be a way to get a "Dressed" up logo. My front and rear top end cap badges are GONE...and blend into the body.

These are Electroplated Nickel with a thin hard Chrome layer (David Pratt is the expert here), but I did enough electroplating, including a "Bright Nickel" or Chrome on plastic measuring tape cases....our company was the first to do the beta testing of a Trivalent (non Hazardous....compare to Heavalent or CR +6....which was a carcinigen and created all sorts of problems to remove from the waste streams).....So pulling them off, stripping off the of adhesive and then sending out to a job shop would be futile.

Just an idea....right now, I just live with it....

• 4 months later...
On 9/24/2022 at 12:21 PM, windsorbill06 said:

My friend that was interested in pursuing this endeavor has a few Camelot badges for sale (he has  posted  either here or on irv2 for sale), but decided it’s just not worth the cost and/or risk. With minimum orders and set up fees, you’re out of pocket many thousands of dollars before you sell just 1.  Multiply that for several models and your talking a lot of money.  

I believe there is a company in Canada that may be a solution for individual owners to contact directly.  I don’t have first hand experience, so any feedback here would be helpful. 
laserman cuts

red deer, Alberta 

Web: lasermanncuts.ca

i hope this could be a solution for some  

Yes I purchased a full set from Laserman Cuts in Alberta , I sent them the design artwork /sizes etc they cut me 3 full sets in mirror polished  stainless steel , for my Signature Series including the big and small Monaco round logos. I think i paid $300 Cdn , included set up and shipping . You have to apply your own tape for attaching to your Coach.

285665948_3247254255510146_5634210864118828154_n.jpg

292742598_3275019532733618_1215114808268060223_n.jpg