Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/518-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Muffler replacement
pulsarjab
Slow moving slide
David Pratt
ScanGaugeD vs Stock Temp Gauge
tmw188
Modular Smartwheel master controller
Grampy OG
Salesman Switch ????????
Jeff H
Muffler replacement
georgecederholm
Replacing Not old with residential
amrvmaps
Scotty Hutto
Dennis H
The Hales
Muffler replacement
Paul Busch
Salesman Switch ????????
Dr4Film
Kevin R
jacwjames
JayBird
Bootlegger
jacwjames
Bootlegger
Slow moving slide
Darren A.
Dr4Film
amrvmaps
tmw188
Walker
Broken Awning Mount
Norman Austin
Ron Van Arsdall
Broken Awning Mount
Paul A.
Broken Awning Mount
Rikadoo
Broken Awning Mount
Norman Austin
Muffler replacement
Paul A.
Location of the Dash Annunciator
Yoaks5
Engine ECU
rtmurley
waterskier_1
Engine ECU
Jon__C
Engine ECU
gunnyclark
Obituary
59Chriscraft
Obituary
tmw188
Obituary
wayne.cerven@gmail.com
Jim-Denise
Obituary
JDCrow

Awning rubber seal needs replacement.
pwhittle

This trim may work for the main awning adding tape to the edge of the round part like in my link above.

https://www.trimlok.com/rubber-extrusion/epdm-seal/p-profile/2452-series

Paul

Muffler replacement
pulsarjab
Slow moving slide
David Pratt

The other solenoid is failing and will need to be replaced. Sometimes it is best to replace both solenoids for any particular slide when they start acting up like you describe. Replace the solenoid and purchase  a spare to have when another one fails.

tmw188

So I installed my new SG recently and yesterday took the coach back to where I store it. Looking at the SG after a few miles it was reading in the 180’s water temp. I looked down at the analog gauge and it was showing it was up in the red zone. It has never been in that zone before, usually just under200 or slightly above. I trust the SG however not sure if anyone else has experienced anything similar. I’ll have to unplug the SG and take it for another drive and see if that changes the reading on the other gauge. It’ll probably call SG and see what they know too. Display on the upper right corner is the FWT(Fahrenheit water temp)

F816F69B-9986-4315-A11B-85BE2B096B22.jpeg

4E94CCC2-4E48-4216-A362-C1E7B3C921B8.jpeg

Grampy OG

Here is a possible shot!

http://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/SM210.html

Ken

Salesman Switch ????????
Jeff H

The switch moved in both directions freely, little square did not seem to make a difference

Muffler replacement
georgecederholm
9 hours ago, Paul Busch said:

Does anyone know what muffler I need for a 2005 signature Castle 4 with series 60 engine?

thanks paulb

Paul,

If you’re talking about an exact replacement, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen any data on brand/model. But, many people have used the AeroTurbine 5050XL as a replacement. I used one until the inlet tube cracked due to bad stainless welds, and replaced that with a similar DynaFlex from Summit Racing. Basically, you just need to match the overall length and make sure the replacement isn’t larger in diameter than the height of the original oval one. Unless your exhaust has been customized, you should have 5-inch inlet and outlet sizes. I left the original brackets in place but replaced the hanger straps with the second aftermarket installation at about 10 years old.

amrvmaps

My cooling unit has quit after many years.  The Norcold sits above the furnace.  Any suggestions on the best residential refrig to replace without too much changing to the opening.

August Schuh

2000 Monaco Dynasty

Scotty Hutto

There are a couple of options that don’t require changing the opening, as I recall I think Haier has one and maybe Fisher-Paykel?  I’m sure members will chime in with their experience. 

As for the most popular counter-depth fridges that fit well in the opening WITH mods (there’s a great tutorial by @Bob Nodine in the files section), they seem to be:

1. Samsung RF-18 (least expensive at about $1,300 often less on sale)

2. Fisher-Paykel (more expensive, some have more options, don’t have some of the issues common to some Samsungs)

3. GE - more expensive, but has water and ice through the door. @Steven P has a write up with pics and can tell you the model #. 

Personally, I did #1 and am very happy with it (there’s a write-up in the “Appliances” section with some pics), but if I did it over I would do #3 just to get the ice and water through the door. 

Dennis H

August, "assuming" you have the 1200LRIM unit in your coach, you have several options. The Samsung is the most often used unit as it's dimensions are almost identical to the 1200. That said, one of the things to consider on your coach is the height of the top shelf inside the fridge since the furnace will not allow you to lower it. I replaced mine with the Samsung R197 back in 2014. We're full timers and it's been flawless so far. No changes inside the coach as to batteries  and/or inverter. I did add a water filter for the ice maker, but other than that it's been good. The only negative, and it doesn't apply to us is there is no 'off' button on the fridge. You have to turn off the batteries or unplug the unit if you put it in storage.....I don't recall the other models but I'm sure others will chime in shortly. It's a PITA trying to match your opening to a new fridge as many web sites do not offer the specs on the fridges...Dennis

The Hales

We replaced the whole backend with an Amish built all electric unit about 4 years ago. Except for monthly defrost duty it has been flawless for 40k miles of fulltimin’.  Shipshawana, Indiana.

2000 Monaco Windsor 38 PBS for sale
pennzo

We're selling the Coach and we'd like feedback as to what we should look for in making it a smooth transaction for everyone involved.  I've posted it on RV Trader:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2000-Monaco-WINDSOR+38PBD-5017412900/?cmp=email_rv_dealerlead_privateparty

Let us know what you think as far as price, value, etc.  We've done a lot to it, but are working like crazy and simply don't have the time to enjoy it like we thought.

Eddie & Penny Gerlach.                            Brandon, Florida 

Muffler replacement
Paul Busch

Pulsarjab and George,

Thanks for your help. Gives me plenty to go on.

paulb

Salesman Switch ????????
Dr4Film
26 minutes ago, Jeff H said:

The switch moved in both directions freely, little square did not seem to make a difference

Not sure what that square button would be for unless it is used to lock the switch from being accidentally activated.

After looking up the Carling technology web site and looking at the different switches I now believe I am correct.

https://tinyurl.com/bv4ctkpc

Kevin R

Check out Home Depot Frigidaire # FFHT1425VV fit in mine nicely all I had to do was make a small trim piece to fill the gap around it since it was a touch smaller than the old one but 13.9 Cubic Ft I believe.

fridge.jpg

jacwjames

I replaced my Norcold with the Samsung RF18 but the Samsung is quite a bit taller and I needed to modify my opening.  I also have the furnace underneath which made it even more challenging.  It can be done but a lot of work including lowering the Suburban furnace all the way to the floor and cutting the intake/exhaust holes for the furnace 1 5/8" lower to make it work.  Here's a writeup that I did.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/samsung-install-finally-done-461001.html

If you went with a standard top freezer, 2 door, residential you can probably find one that would work without modifying the opening.

Although my install was a lot of work, the benefit of the Samsung was worth it.  Took an extended trip out west recently, in Wy with sun beating down on the passenger side of the coach the refrigerator performed flawlessly, keeping a constant temp in the freezer and the refrigerator.  Much more room and the icemaker continually drops ice. 

Good luck

covering repair of interior side of entry door
Nevada Rob

I have the same problem with our 2008 Monaco Dynasty Squire IV. We need to figure this out.

JayBird

HI.  We had a Norcold 1200 in our 2006 Dynasty.  We kept the box, which was in great shape, and replaced the refrigeration unit with a 120v HVAC unit from JC Refrigeration.  https://jc-refrigeration.com/products/.  Did the install ourselves, following written and video instructions. Came out great.  The unit gets cold and freezes hard. It only draws 600 watts so it can run off the inverter no problem.  We didn't want to change or re-do the cabinetry,  so this was a great way to upgrade the refrigeration and keep a good aesthetic. 

Bootlegger

I just recently replaced my Never Cold with a residential fridge.  I hired a local rv company to install mine and it took them about 2 hours, including removing the driver side window.  My pick was based on what was available in my area.  It works great.  

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frigidaire-18-cu-ft-Top-Freezer-Refrigerator-Black/1000225699

2000 Monaco Windsor 38 PBS for sale
cbr046

Just shooting from the hip, but in today's market I'd raise the price to mid 40's MINIMUM and still think you'd have a quick sale. 

At $34k my DW wants to flip it, if that says anything. 

Good luck,

- bob

jacwjames
5 minutes ago, Bootlegger said:

I just recently replaced my Never Cold with a residential fridge.  I hired a local rv company to install mine and it took them about 2 hours, including removing the driver side window.  My pick was based on what was available in my area.  It works great.  

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frigidaire-18-cu-ft-Top-Freezer-Refrigerator-Black/1000225699

The refrigerator looks like a viable option, does it run off a MSW inverter?

Bootlegger

I was told that any refrigerator should work off of an inverter as long as your inverter is built for it.  I am not an electrician, so I will let the experts chime in on this question.

Slow moving slide
Darren A.

Thank you David, I asked the service technician whether both should be replaced and of course he said no.  I will be purchasing more solenoid and putting them on myself its appears to be pretty straight forward.  Thank you so much for your input.  

Dr4Film

I never trusted most of the analog gauges after watching them on my very first long trip to Alaska in 2010 when I left California for good. The only two that really were any good were the Tachometer and Speedo.

While in Alaska I purchased the SilverLeaf VMSpc and installed it in the coach for my trip back to the lower 48.

Discovered that my engine Temp Gauge was reading at least 20 degrees higher than it really was. From that day on I never look at any of the analog gauges except for the two large ones, Tach and Speedo.

2002 Monaco Dynasty Tail Light Sockets - Part Number?
Patrick

Here is the replacement socket I found at the local auto parts store. GM 1980’s Chevy part. 

248199D4-90A8-4D09-BD80-47D10AB9AC51.jpeg

amrvmaps
1 hour ago, Kevin R said:

Check out Home Depot Frigidaire # FFHT1425VV fit in mine nicely all I had to do was make a small trim piece to fill the gap around it since it was a touch smaller than the old one but 13.9 Cubic Ft I believe.

fridge.jpg

Kevin, did you do this yourself or hire an RV company to do it.  I'm not sure I could handle this myself.

tmw188

Yeah I know that’s why I bought the SG. The water temperature analog gauges are notorious for being off but this one has never been in the area it was until after I put the scan gauge in that’s what struck me as odd it has never read that high before. I didn’t know if the signal was getting messed up. 

D.Ellison

I can stretch it out to where it belongs and it goes right back possibly moisten with something ? but i dont want to ruin it  , hopefully someone will chime in here.

Walker

I have know idea, but is it possible you have an air pocket in the cooling system from installing the scangauge sensor? By the way, I have a silver leaf and it does not coincide with my analog gauges. 

JDCrow
32 minutes ago, Bootlegger said:

I was told that any refrigerator should work off of an inverter as long as your inverter is built for it.  I am not an electrician, so I will let the experts chime in on this question.

I had that same question, most said they had no issues with the MSW investor. The Samsung appears to say that in their instructions, and that’s why it’s a popular choice for RV manufacturers on new RVs

Broken Awning Mount
Norman Austin

I contacted Carefree of Colorado to try to find a replacement for my broken awning mount (on my Holiday Rambler Neptune 2004).

I have received no reply.

Does anyone know where I can get one from or if you happen to know the part number? The awning model is BN3N4 according to the sticker on the arm. (see photo)

There are two photos of the one which isn't broken and two photos of the one that is broken.

Many thanks.

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Ron Van Arsdall

I have a brand new one that I can sell you. I bought it when our smart wheel quit working but after some further checking found that the clockspring was not passing current in the column. 

Broken Awning Mount
Paul A.

Awnings & Canvas &  Parts & Service

AND
Carefree said this guy Has lots of older carefree parts.
Dave 813-956-6827

Broken Awning Mount
Rikadoo

When my old unit had all the hardware bent an broke, i went to Amazon. Im always amazed what they have. I went to a parts manual “on line” an got the proper name and or part number an put it on the search line an there it was, total rebuild for my old coach was less than $200.00

Broken Awning Mount
Norman Austin

Thank you Paul!

Paul A.

I would contact the guys at; http://eliternr.com/ in Oregon. Group of old timers that have years of knowledge and experience .

Elite Renovation & Repairs
642 Highway 99E (N. 3rd St)
Harrisburg OR 97446-5003

(541) 995-4767

Muffler replacement
Paul A.

https://www.dynaflexproducts.com/  are the largest Mfg. of Class 8 Truck exhaust components in the U S A. Great catalogue. As George C. suggested, measure your existing muffler, and look at their catalogue. They sell thru distributors, and you can usually order from any Class 8 truck service center. 

I went straight pipe on my ISX 525. Much quieter than the truckers running 2,  6-8" stacks. 

Location of the Dash Annunciator
Yoaks5

Thanks Bill! I'll give her a call.

tmw188
3 hours ago, Dennis H said:

August, "assuming" you have the 1200LRIM unit in your coach, you have several options. The Samsung is the most often used unit as it's dimensions are almost identical to the 1200. That said, one of the things to consider on your coach is the height of the top shelf inside the fridge since the furnace will not allow you to lower it. I replaced mine with the Samsung R197 back in 2014. We're full timers and it's been flawless so far. No changes inside the coach as to batteries  and/or inverter. I did add a water filter for the ice maker, but other than that it's been good. The only negative, and it doesn't apply to us is there is no 'off' button on the fridge. You have to turn off the batteries or unplug the unit if you put it in storage.....I don't recall the other models but I'm sure others will chime in shortly. It's a PITA trying to match your opening to a new fridge as many web sites do not offer the specs on the fridges...Dennis

You can turn them off (somewhat) on the freezer control panel by pushing I believe it is the two buttons on the right of the three that are there. Without looking I believe I have it right. That puts it in Salesman Mode the lights will be on but the unit will not cool. I often thought about putting a switch on it but I don’t need another project. This is my second RF18 in two different coaches. 

Engine ECU
rtmurley

My neighbor at my RV storage lot is having a starting problem with his 5.9L Cummins engine and the issue has been traced to the engine ECU. Any thoughts on where he can buy a rebuilt ECU or have his rebuilt?

Thanks,

Ray Murley

waterskier_1

I believe there are two temperature sensors on some Cummin's engines.  One for the ECU & the other for the analog gauge.  If you do have two, they are likely located near each other. Exchange the wires on the sensors and see if the problem transfer.  That will tell if it is the analog gauge or the temp sensor. 

Engine ECU
Jon__C

Goecm.com has some 

Engine ECU
gunnyclark

M&M RV electronics in Ohio just rebuilt mine 2 weeks ago for our 2006 Signature 600hp ISX for $264.84 including shipping https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/

Obituary
59Chriscraft

I’m sorry to post John Haggard a member who passed away Saturday. John was a great human that is going to be missed dearly by his wife Sharon and his family. May he Rest In Peace, God be with you.

Gary Detmer 

Ceiling lights cutting off by itself
Terry R

I had two similar experiences with my 2007 Dynasty multiplex system.  The first was with the aquahot living room fan speed.  When the aquahot was heating the room, the fan would sometimes stop running and then imediately restart.  I did some troubleshooting and found that the fan signal from the aquahot to the mux input was good but did not find the problem at that time.  Sometime later, completely by chance, I noticed that if I had the LED lights over my recliner ON the fan would sometimes turn off and on.  By process of elimination I found that one of my chinese g4 replacement LEDs was causing the problem - I assume it was generating RFI that was confusing the mux computer or application module.  I replaced it and have not had a similar occurance in over two years.

The other incident was the bedroom closet lights flickering on and off.  I tracked this down to one of the ceiling fluoresent lamps that was apparently generating some RFI.  I removed the ballast and replaced the tubes with LED strips and the problem went away.

This may have nothing to do with your problem but it might be something to consider.  Good luck.

Terry R

2007 Dynasty

Obituary
tmw188

Never met John but he was good at contributing to many posts since my short time being on this forum. Rest In Peace and may his family find peace. 

Obituary
wayne.cerven@gmail.com

Thank you Gary

John was becoming a good friend over this Monacoer site, I have connected with him in his personal email as well, he was helpful, I was looking forward to the day to personally meet him and with the Border open looking forward to taking him fishing some day.

God bless you John Haggard 

You will be missed

Wayne

1999 Signature Caesar 

Thunder Bay Ontario Canada 

Walleye fishing at its best John! You know it !

Jim-Denise
2 hours ago, Ron Van Arsdall said:

I have a brand new one that I can sell you. I bought it when our smart wheel quit working but after some further checking found that the clockspring was not passing current in the column. 

What are you asking for the unit?   Where are you located?

Thank you

Denise

Obituary
JDCrow

Likewise, only here a short time, but really enjoyed his insights and kind words 

Obituary
Dr4Film

Gary,

OMG! This is such terrible tragic news and it had to have happen quite suddenly. Are you positive about the Saturday timing as I remember reading a post that he posted this past Sunday morning at 11:20 am about Air Spring replacement.

I also regret having met John and was looking forward to his return to Florida for the 2021 Winter. He and his family had lunch last winter on February 12th at the Oceanside Restaurant on the deck in Flagler Beach this past winter which is only 2 blocks from our home. Bummer!

RIP John!

20210211_115108.jpg

20210211_120821.jpg

Inverter/Charger not inverting
Chuck Hefti

We have an odd issue with our Xantrex Freedom combi 1500 inverter/charger in our recently purchased 2002 Monaco Knight 34pbd. The inverter portion is not inverting. The charger portion is working fine. The odd part is a previous owner has removed the 200 amp fuse and inserted a small guage battery cable as jumper eliminating any protection. Before I purchase a new inverter/charger and install a fuse I should probably try to research why someone would have removed the fuse in the first place and why the inverter portion isn't working. I'm new to this stuff and not sure where to start. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Chuck Hefti

20210817_225351.thumb.jpg.72e259947b9d7faca2881d42bd107d0d.jpgWe have an odd issue with our Xantrex Freedom combi 1500 inverter/charger in our recently purchased 2002 Monaco Knight 34pbd. The inverter portion is not inverting. The charger portion is working fine. The odd part is a previous owner has removed the 200 amp fuse and inserted a small guage battery cable as jumper eliminating any protection. Before I purchase a new inverter/charger and install a fuse I should probably try to research why someone would have removed the fuse in the first place and why the inverter portion isn't working. I'm new to this stuff and not sure where to start. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Pic of remote looks as if the inverter should be working. Other pic shows looped jumper cable where a 200 amp fuse should be. 

20201024_173811.jpg

Chuck Hefti

20210817_225351.thumb.jpg.72e259947b9d7faca2881d42bd107d0d.jpgWe have an odd issue with our Xantrex Freedom combi 1500 inverter/charger in our recently purchased 2002 Monaco Knight 34pbd. The inverter portion is not inverting. The charger portion is working fine. The odd part is a previous owner has removed the 200 amp fuse and inserted a small guage battery cable as jumper eliminating any protection. Before I purchase a new inverter/charger and install a fuse I should probably try to research why someone would have removed the fuse in the first place and why the inverter portion isn't working. I'm new to this stuff and not sure where to start. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Pic of remote looks as if the inverter should be working. Other pic shows looped jumper cable where a 200 amp fuse should be. 

Driving a motor home
tomevansfl

I pulled my families 16’ speed boat dozens of times in my teens. 25 years later my wife and I bought our first camper. It was a 30’ Airstream bought brand new.

On the way home from the dealer we camped at a campground in Tennessee. It had a guard rail next to the exit driveway and on the way out I cut too short and put a huge dent down the side of the trailer.

The very next time we used the trailer we were approaching the turn-off to FDR State Park in Georgia.  It was a just at dusk. There was a buck and a doe beside the road and just as I passed them I heard a loud blam. When we reached the state park I got out and the curbside front corner was completely crushed.  I assume the silver trailer blended in with sky.  On the way home we saw a headless buck in the ditch.  Thanks to me, someone came along and was able to get a nice trophy without firing a shot!

Two weeks later I dropped the trailer off at the factory for repairs I returned to factory to pick it up.  When I hooked up and started to leave I forgot to raise the tongue jack and bent the jack shaft. I had to spend an additional 4 hours to get it replaced.

Cost of first three weeks of ownership and first two times camping in the Airstream: $9,700 plus campground fees.

Found this you tube channel extremely helpful. On the way home from purchasing our Monaco Diplomat I told my wife I wanted to get some pinstripe tape. She agreed.

ko7pjim

Isn't your display indicate you are on shore power?  If so your inverter isn't going to supply the 120VAC.

Woody O
On 8/16/2021 at 6:56 PM, Hypoxia said:

Intellitec board may be going bad.  Fairly common in my experience.  

We’re is this Intellitec board located.? Where do you get a new board?

planodp

Ron Van Arsdall, put me in line if Jim-Denise don't take it.

Obituary
John Haggard

Hi, This is John's  daughter,  you are right my Dad passed away on Monday morning.  It was sudden, but he is in a better place!

Obituary
Jim Bob

He will surely be missed on this forum.  Prayers to the family for peace and comfort.

Obituary
Ivan K

OMG,  I still can't believe it. RIP John, miss you already. 

Hypoxia
17 minutes ago, Woody O said:

We’re is this Intellitec board located.? Where do you get a new board?

As you can see by Terry's post, there can be a variety of causes.  The Switch pad has its board but there are other MUX (Multiplex) boards that would be more likely.  As a "for instance", I had galley lights that would turn on or off randomly.  I eventually realized it only happened when the bedroom door was closed.  There is a door switch to prevent the slide from being retracted with the door closed (crushing it).  The module that controlled that was above the windshield and had a bad component.  I was able to simply move the wire to another terminal and change the DIP switch for that terminal.  I would have never figured it out and would be currently residing in an Insane Asylum but for Jason (Rev Group Coburg) figuring it out and sending me the wiring diagram page that is not in the book.  That was prior to them divorcing the pre-bankruptcy owners.

Do you have a bunch of MUX boards in the rear closet or bath?

Obituary
Dr4Film
26 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

Hi, This is John's  daughter,  you are right my Dad passed away on Monday morning.  It was sudden, but he is in a better place!

I am SO sorry for your loss and my sincere condolences go to you and all of your family members.

Yes, John is now in a FAR better place where he is pain and trouble free. One day I will get to meet up with him finally.

May you and family members have peace and comfort knowing that he has been Blessed with eternal life.

Generator shuts down
ok-rver

Part of the trouble shooting is what does it take to start back up. Reprime fuel system by holding the STOP end of the switch? Just time? How long? Have you tried running on only one AC? New to us MH. Have Code 36 shutdown on 7.5 gen and I will be investigating later today. Only 211 hours on generator but changing oil, air and fuel filter.

Cubflyer

Glad you posted the photos, you need to delete the other two posts to help eliminate confusion....

I agree with Jim, it seems you are on shore power, in that configuration the shore power is supposed to 'pass thru' the inverter and power the outlets on the inverter circuit.  To tell if your inverter is "inverting" you need to disconnect from any power source (except your batteries), push the "inverter" button on that display and the inverter should power (some) outlets, probably the microwave, not the air conditioners..   If it does that it is 'inverting'.... it could be possible that the inverter is doing that but not passing thru shore power... or passing thru and not inverting... check it out and get back to us.

As for the wire in place of a fuse.... no telling, but until there is an overload condition it does not matter if it is a wire or a fuse.

Ken

Obituary
Nevada Rob

I will miss his input greatly. We never met face to face but I trusted his ideas an thoughts with regards to all things Monaco. A great resource has moved on to a much more peaceful place. Rest easy John, your work here is complete.

Chuck Hefti

Thanks for the replies! That's what is showing now on the remote with no shore power attached. If I push the invert button it all goes blank, push it again and it lights back up to what the picture shows.

demdave@pacbell.net

We have a 2006 Dynasty and had similar problems, only worse.  Virtually nothing would work from the wall switches. 

We contacted M&M Lighting and were told that the top 2 things to try was number one, to remove the florescent light ballasts and then replace the florescent lights with led lights and the second was to make sure all the grounds were tight. 

The grounding busbar should be inside the rear engine hatch on the inside, upper left hand corner of the rear firewall.  (see photo)   I loosened each grounding screw and, sprayed it with electrical contact cleaner and then re-tightened then.  Also re-tightened the attaching screws. I removed my five florescent light ballasts and replaced the bulbs with led bulbs and have not had a problem since. 

busbar 2006 Dynasty.jpg

Ron Van Arsdall

Sorry but Jim had me ship it next day to him. Only had one. Keep watching here, maybe someone else will have a solution for you.

Timaz996
1 hour ago, planodp said:

Contact Vehicle Improvement Products directly and they will make it for you. they don't stock them but they will build you one. They built one for me last year in three days. 

Tim

Sliding Privacy Door Out of Track
weighman695

Hello..

I was pulling out my sliding privacy door and it won't go beyond about half of the track. I heard what seems to be a screw that fell-off when I tried to open the sliding door.

Attached are pictures of the sliding door and the screw that I retrieved from the door track.

Does anybody know how I can fix the door? Any guidance on how I can remove the door and replace it back to fix it.

I have 2007 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ motorhome.

Thanks

Sliding Door.jpg

Screw.jpg

Duplicate posts
Chuck Hefti

How do I delete duplicate posts? I somehow duplicated my post twice.

Duplicate posts
tmw188

Well what I’ve done is go in to the menu and choose Edit, then just delete it all back to nothing and put in the words Edit. I don’t think you can make it just disappear. 

Duplicate posts
Chuck Hefti

Ok thanks, I'll try that.

Cubflyer

Based on what you just reported, pushing the inverter button with no shore power gives you what is in the photo, and pushing it again the display goes blank.... is normal operation (at least that is what mine does).... now the question is.... Do you have any ac power to anything in the coach when the "inverter" button has a light on?... I do not see any "DC Amps" lights on in your photo, when I turn my "inverter" on (with that button) there is no DC Amps at first, then a few seconds later the first light comes on along with power to the ac circuits on the inverter.  I believe that indication (DC AMPs) is the inverters draw on the batteries.  When using the batteries to make ac power the inverter can not charge the batteries.....

Ken

Chuck Hefti

No there is no A/C power to anything. There is 12VDC coming into the inverter that matches what the state of charge is on the batteries. Everything works fine on shore power and geny power, all outlets all appliances are working. 

Cubflyer

Checked the output circuit breakers on the inverter?

Chuck Hefti

They are not tripped. Could they go bad? Sorry that's a loaded question considering this inverter is 20 years old. 

Cubflyer

Here is a block diagram... I believe it's pretty generic/common set up.

As you see, the inverter is powered by batteries or when there is shore/gen power it "passes thru" that power to the circuits 'on' the inverter... ie, microwave, TV, kitchen, etc... so if those circuits are getting power when the genny or ground power is powering the coach and not getting power when the inverter is turned on and drawing power from the batteries.... it must be broke.... I think.....

blockRVpowerdiagram.pdf

Larry H

I think the door hangs from the top with a roller above the handle (which let's call front) and one all the way at the other end of the door (let's call back). From the picture, it looks like that back roller has come lose. Try pushing in on the bottom of the door to get it vertical, then, while maintaining it in a vertical position, sliding it  out. I think you can take it off for repair once you have it all of the way out (i.e. closed). I am not expert, but that is what I would try. Good luck.

Chuck Hefti

That's kind of what I've been thinking that it gave up the ghost! I'm just very concerned as to why somebody removed the fuse and also I've been told that the 50amp main cord has been replaced because the original should have been black. I just don't want to replace the inverter and fuse to have it blow again.

Windshield Replacement--What Do I Need to Know?
daveyjo

I composed the attached document to share with someone with a windshield cracking problem on a 2005 Camelot, but it pretty much summarizes what I have learned about the problem. I drove my used 2005 Scepter for about 12,000 miles without a windshield problem.  Then I had 3 cracked windshields in a row before Safelite auto glass said you need to do some bodywork before we will put a 4th windshield in, and they shared a Monaco pdf with me about windshield problems with 2005, 2006 and 2007 Camelots and Scepters.  The last, and successful, replacement was done by Twin City Auto Glass.  

To summarize, it was after some frame reinforcement that the last windshield was installed, and like Chuck B says, they installed it per Monaco's instructions, i.e., level floor, coach at ride height, a new gasket applied (the first 3 I tried did none of these), and let the gasket adhesive dry for 24 hours before moving the coach.  So far, after 3800 miles and 19 months it has not cracked.  Twin Cities Safelite did not do the final replacement.  I am guessing that it is labor intensive to replace the gasket and leave the coach set for 24 hours, so skipping those steps was more profitable for them.

Overview of my experience with windshiels cracking in Monaco Camelots and HR Scepters.docx

Paul Busch

Earnel

Pull the door open after removing one or both of the trim valances. On my sig the door you can see the top of the door with rollers and they have a catch to release the roller in the track from the top of the door. The roller has com detached from the top of the door bracket or the track has come loose. With the door removed you can reattach the bracket or track, replace door and replace one or both trim pieces. The white plastic is the piece to rotate to aseperate door bracket from track roller bracket.

paulb

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

weighman695

Paul,

It looks like your door is similar to mine.  How do you rotate the white plastic?  Do you push it to rotate clockwise, or do I have to press the latch sidewise or upward or downward?  I don't want to break the plastic piece.

I am still trying to figure out how to remove the wooden valence without breaking it.  It looks like the wooden valence is glued to the wooden door track frame.

Larry H's maybe right that the back roller has come lose.

Thanks..

Paul Busch

My wood valances are screwed up to the ceiling. The flat valance is L shaped with screws going up into the ceiling. Once you remove the valance you will be able to see the bracket. Attached is a picture of the roller that is in the track and you can how the bracket attaches to the door piece.

image.jpg

jshade
8 hours ago, Ron Van Arsdall said:

Many, many thanks, Ron.  Just the right place and the right time.

4 hours ago, planodp said:

Duey, I have ordered one from NW RV Supply.  They are backordered till October 7.  Their supply comes direct from VIP.

Electrical Issue
Martinvz

Intellitec 760 follow-up

Going back to the earlier responses in the thread and the issue I was having with the Intellitec 760 EMS. I am happy to say that I have the new controller installed (with the upgrade kit). Install was easy but needs more than 2 hands to fight the stiff wiring.

The end result is that everything seems to be working again, including both A/Cs running at the same time off the 50A in the campground. It has solved some other issues I have noticed and this is one Happy Camper.

Thanks for the input.

For those interested, I am attaching the Model 700 install instructions which also includes some troubleshooting guides. The model 760 installation page is a brief one page and is not really very meaningful.

Also mentioned are the relays and if these are normally open or closed.  From my understanding, the A/C relays are normally closed so that power is provided to the AC units. These are turned on and off by the thermostat (and not the EMS). There is an RJ45 cable to the from A/C and an additional one from the front to the rear A/C.

Model 700 Install - 53-00894-000.pdf

weighman695

Paul,

Attached is a photo of the roller.  I can see the white plastic that looks like a lever.  Do I just press the lever to rotate clockwise to release the roller from the track?

Roller.jpg

Steven P

I added the GE GYE18... above my furnace.  Had to lower the floor that the fridge sits on, but did not have to alter the furnace.  I wanted water and ice in the door and have been pleased overall.  My MSW Magnum inverter seems to like it just fine and vice versa.  

20210818_194655.jpg

Obituary
96 EVO

Sorry to hear!

My condolences!!

Paul Busch

I would take off one of the valances. You will be able to see the screws up in the ceiling. Mine are just 2 philips head. The valance is 1/4 x 2” attaché to a 12”x1/2” board which is screwed to the ceiling. I think you might have to remove one side of the valance to remove the door and replace it. The disconnect will only go one way.

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you remove the valance you will have an easier time working on the door. The plastic connector is just a coupler to connect the roller in the track to the bracket on top of the door. 

This is probably something like yours

42DF6210-89F4-4426-8DB7-BA971223096B.png

Obituary
Ray Davis

I just read the tragic news.   John was a great asset here on Monacoers.  John always contributed good advice, and I remember some beautiful pictures he posted.

We will certainly miss him.    Rest in peace John.

Windshield Replacement--What Do I Need to Know?
96 EVO

Dave, I had my windshield replaced about 4 years ago at RV Glass Solutions, in Coburg OR (same building my coach was assembled).

They did NOT want to replace the gasket unless it was damaged, which it wasn't. Yes, perfectly level floor, and just slowly pulled it out of the bay, to a level area outside the door, and asked us to stay put at least another 10 hrs.

I put it thru the ultimate test 2 or 3 times a year, entering and exiting a local park where their driveway drops away from the road at an angle, and about a 25% grade. The ultimate torture test for a long frame!

So far... So good!!

Broken Awning Mount
Cubflyer

My care free arms like that were bent and damaged beyond repair, I replaced the arms with "Eclipse arms".  I think I still have the brackets and I do not believe they are broken.  I will have to look, you are welcome to them if you cover the costs of getting them to you.  

Ken

Broken Awning Mount
Norman Austin

That would be fantastic thanks Ken if you manage to find them.

I'd be more than happy to pay postage. Let me know how much and if you have Venmo or CashApp for payment.

I only need one.

Thank you,

Norman

Coach Name Badges
windsorbill06

The idea of replacement coach name badges (Diplomat, Camelot, Windsor) was discussed about a year ago here but I don't believe anything ever developed from that.  Please correct me if I missed it.  I haven't seen any of these particular names on anyone's website, including eBay, for many years.

A friend of mine owns a Camelot and is wanting to get some new badging produced. These are the names, and most of our coaches have 3,  (one on rear, one under the drivers window and one near the entrance door).   Since he's doing all this effort for the Camelot, he wants to include Diplomats and Windsors on this first go-around.   (It could easily grow into all the other Monaco Models, but he's more or less, testing the response now).   Set up costs and minimum order sizes really get the start up cost up there so I offered to help him try to get some feedback on demand.   He's absolutely not doing this to make money, but obviously would like to break even.  

My first question here is does anyone know now many Diplomats, Camelots or Windsors were built over the years?   

I'm also looking for someone that has an earlier Windsor (1999-2002 era), to either post a picture of your name badge or email a picture to me, possibly with a tape measure over it for a size reference. 

"bhoward27ataoldotcom"

If anyone would be interested in 1, 2, or 3 of these name badges (Sorry, only Dips, Camelots or Windsors right now)  for your coach,  you can email me that information as well. See email above.   We're trying to get a 'feel' for the demand.  He hasn't come up with any pricing yet, however. 

Thanks for the help.   I hope this comes together.

Girard Awning
Biljol

Ok I fixed mine it was not the motor but the controller box soooooo I went with the KISS system I purchased a spdt rocker switch that is off in the middle and momentarily in the up or down position and wired the motor to power while keeping the voltage limiter in place.

Wired like page 46 of the 2000 manual I know I could have used a non momentary switch but I wanted the ability to stop the awning at any point.

I did loose the wind sensor but I have a plan for that also to come soon and mine has been broken for months. 

I also lost the remote but never used it ever.

Engine with number on it
Frank McElroy

In buying a used coach, I'd get a printout of the ECM history report (this is about 50 pages).  Depending on the model year you will also get an engine abuse history report showing things like if the engine overheated, how the DPF regeneration cycles performed and it will give you a profile of how the engine was driven since birth. 

Coach Name Badges
BobSchmeck
18 minutes ago, windsorbill06 said:

The idea of replacement coach name badges (Diplomat, Camelot, Windsor) was discussed about a year ago here but I don't believe anything ever developed from that.  Please correct me if I missed it.  I haven't seen any of these particular names on anyone's website, including eBay, for many years.

A friend of mine owns a Camelot and is wanting to get some new badging produced. These are the names, and most of our coaches have 3,  (one on rear, one under the drivers window and one near the entrance door).   Since he's doing all this effort for the Camelot, he wants to include Diplomats and Windsors on this first go-around.   (It could easily grow into all the other Monaco Models, but he's more or less, testing the response now).   Set up costs and minimum order sizes really get the start up cost up there so I offered to help him try to get some feedback on demand.   He's absolutely not doing this to make money, but obviously would like to break even.  

My first question here is does anyone know now many Diplomats, Camelots or Windsors were built over the years?   

I'm also looking for someone that has an earlier Windsor (1999-2002 era), to either post a picture of your name badge or email a picture to me, possibly with a tape measure over it for a size reference. 

"bhoward27ataoldotcom"

If anyone would be interested in 1, 2, or 3 of these name badges (Sorry, only Dips, Camelots or Windsors right now)  for your coach,  you can email me that information as well. See email above.   We're trying to get a 'feel' for the demand.  He hasn't come up with any pricing yet, however. 

Thanks for the help.   I hope this comes together.

I have a diplomat definitely interested.  

Coach Name Badges
RIPPPA

2005 Dynasty interested. 

planodp

Thanks Jim for the info.

Coach Name Badges
just_john1

Dynasty owners are always left out. We are nice people, really. 1997. 

Coach Name Badges
RIPPPA
4 minutes ago, just_john1 said:

Dynasty owners are always left out. We are nice people, really. 1997. 

10-4

New Photos

IMG_20210717_064214354_HDR.jpg
Norman Austin
0 comments
IMG_20210717_064137999_HDR.jpg
Norman Austin
0 comments

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.