Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/526-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

24 volt Chassis Batteries
tmw188
Dr4Film
DavidL
Ivylog
cbr046
Stuck Drawer
FishAR
We have a ghost in our Monaco
rpasetto
TCM Location
Darren A.
TCM failure Allison 4000
Darren A.
Chuck B
Air Bags
jacwjames
Time to Replace Norcold 1200?
birdshill123
Dr4Film
Air Bags
gdroberson
Air Bags
vito.a
Rick A
HWH Repair Costs
CinBob
TCM failure Allison 4000
vito.a
tmw188
Air Bags
Gary 05 AMB DST
HWH Repair Costs
Ivan K
Show me you have good friends
Gary M
Chuck B
JDCrow
Air Bags
gdroberson
Air Bags
Frank McElroy
Air Bags
gdroberson
Air Bags
jacwjames
tmw188
Air Bags
rpasetto
Neglected maintenance
Dbircky
TCM failure Allison 4000
Art Perrone
birdshill123
Air Bags
jacwjames
Air Bags
Frank McElroy
TCM failure Allison 4000
Darren A.
TCM failure Allison 4000
Michael Powell
Outside push button security
ktloah
HarleyR
Dr4Film
RIPPPA
ktloah
Mark B
ktloah
TCM failure Allison 4000
Darren A.
Bandit411

tmw188

Two batteries in parallel is 12v assuming they each are 12v. I think you are simply confusing the term parallel with series. 

LED Conversion of Fluorescent Tubes - READ CAREFULLY... NOT as SIMPLE or CHEAPER??....
Jeff H

I emailed Thin Lite. Below is my request and their answer. i took a very quick look at the website she suggested and they have most if not all of Thin Lite's products as well as some LED replacement bulbs and strips.

My Message to Thin Lite:
Good Morning I have a 2006 Monaco Diplomat with 8 of your 746 fluorescent fixtures. One of the ballasts has stopped working. I have some questions:

1. is there a replacement ballast available and is the fixture field serviceable?

2. Are the ballasts used in 2005 electronic?

3. is there a direct replacement bulb that will work without rewiring?

Thin-Lite Sales <sales@thinlite.com>

Aug 25, 2021, 11:19 AM (19 hours ago)
to me
Yes there is a replacement ballast. You can send the light fixture in for repair.
Repair cost

$25.00 for the repair
$13.00 shipping
$7.00 shipping for 2 or more fixtures.

If you would like to purchase ballast please contact
World Wide Lite 1-800-247-6324
WWW.WORLDWIDELITE.COM

Tammy Collins.
Thin-Lite Corporation
805-987-5021

Dr4Film
34 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

Two batteries in parallel is 12v assuming they each are 12v. I think you are simply confusing the term parallel with series. 

Confusion - YES! But he stated TWO - 24 volt chassis batteries. That's exactly why posters need to also supply photos when they make a post to help explain what they are concerned about so that people can help them.

DavidL

I am sure they are 12v batteries...possibly 6v, never 24.

Ivylog

While my airplane has a single 24V battery, never seen a 24V car/truck starting battery. What’s the voltage across the lugs on the batteries?

cbr046
15 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

What’s the voltage across the lugs on the batteries?

Or how many water fill caps (if flooded) ?

- bob

Stuck Drawer
FishAR

WD40 and working it back and forth seems to have it working ok now.

We have a ghost in our Monaco
rpasetto

After re-reading through this thread, Chuck B's post got me thinking...  When we bought the coach the keypad was inoperative and I assumed it had been disconnected for "security" purposes.  Since all the remotes work fine, reconnecting/fixing the pad is at the  bottom of my long "to do" list.  But now I think there may have been another reason.

Suggestion to Chet P:  Try disconnecting the keypad and see if the "automatic" locking still happens.

TCM Location
Darren A.

Thank you Vito.a they located it in the main basement compartment just as you said. 

TCM failure Allison 4000
Darren A.

I’m having issues with my transmission shifter.  While driving my shifter pad shutdown then transmission goes into limb mode gear 1C.  In the engine compartment  there are 4 fuses on the frame.  I attached the picture for reference.  Once I’m able to pull safety pull the RV over and keeping the engine running, air brakes on my wife sits in chair. I go to the the engine compartment pull out the first fuse on left and the shifter pad comes back on and we continued on.   This has happened twice!  
I have it in the shop for repairs after locating the TCM the technician indicated he was unable to communicate with the TCM.  He believes that he detected a burnt smell.  He also stated that back in 2001 - 2005 there were issues with TCM?  He’s reluctant to order new TCM at this point without full diagnosis but can’t pull codes.  
Again this is for 2004 Holiday Rambler Navigator.  I would appreciate feedback.  Thank you all 

F0378931-D8A0-4AF0-A977-13C8E8F9D43D.jpeg

9D94E55A-2250-49E4-BD55-D6BAFA8742B2.jpeg

23F0CCEB-A2E6-446D-85ED-24FAF3ED7AFD.png

10k Onan Quiet Diesel shuts off with no load.
Dbircky

Update:

Don't know if anyone has had the same problem, but here's how mine was repaired.  After the intermittent running the generator finally refused to start.  Thinking the fuel pump died, I decided to replace it.  Let's put it this way, removing the entire generator might be quicker, but once gaining access to the fuel pump wires, I discovered there was no power going TO the fuel pump.  So having not yet removed the generator or fuel pump, I went looking elsewhere.  As it happened I had an appointment at REV for service on the Air Leveling (another post I'll update).  When I got there, I only had 30 amp from their 50 amp post.  The next morning I mentioned this to the service tech, who said he'd take a look.  As it turned out the orginal IOTA ITS-50R ATS decided to self immolate.  According to the tech there was a recall (?) on these.  I'll be looking for the NHTSA recall later today.  But after having a new one put in, the generator runs.  There must be a safety that shuts the fuel off if there is an open circuit, or other problems downstream of the generator.  

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

Chuck B

I find that hard to believe.  Please post a picture.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Air Bags
jacwjames

I am seeing more threads on people replacing airbags. I inspect mine everytime I'm under the coach and I don't see any signs of problems, cracking, wear etc. So I am thinking of buying one to carry as a spare.

The airbag part number that is listed on the parts page I have is a Firestone 9376(1T15L-2)
I checked on line a couple weeks ago and almost very vendor was out of stock with long lead times. One Vendor Truckspring.com listed they were in stock ready to ship so I placed an order for one. The next day got an email saying delivery would be in Oct. Not happy.

Since then I've made a couple calls to local shops. One vendor offered a couple of alternative brands. I just talked to a Firestone vendor and when I gave him the part number listed he pulled it up and said it was specific to Monaco (some of the websites had the same thing). He did offer an alternative. He said he could get a Firestone in ~1 month.

So I am hesitant about alternate brands.

Has anyone recently purchased the above bag and if so did you find an alternative. Which manufacturers should I consider.

Fault Code on Panel after having rear tires changed.
Dbircky

Resetting didn't correct the problem.  

Here's the sequence of what is going on.

Parked, engine off, both power switches off.

Turn power switches on.

Turn panel on

Start engine

Select "Auto".  It auto levels.

Select "Travel" "FAULT" light is on, per the trouble shooting guide: "Rear right ride height sensor or right tag valve".  Once moving at about 5mph a constant beeping starts and continues until stopped.  If moving again, beeping comes back.

I am now at the second shop, recommended by PowerGear, with no resolution after them spending two days looking at it.  There are zero air leaks, the valves all check fine as does the rest.  They are now suspecting the control panel, wiring harness, or computer.    I pulled the control panel, it's very clean and no signs of corrosion or other water intrusion.   Am I at the point where we just start replacing parts?

Has anyone had a similar issue, and did you ever fine a resolution?

It does seem to drive okay, but I don't trust why I keep getting the alarm and am concerned that there's a reason for it that could cause an issue later.

Thank you.

I forgot to add, they can't test the control panel.  

Am I going to be better off just making a trip to Iowa and having the HWH system put in?  I have the air only system (no jacks, nothing hydraulic). 

birdshill123

Back  when everyone was having Norcold problems many users did a fan install. 3 computer fans were installed  under the roof top vent.  This provided the proper air circulation. If you go to the irv2 Monaco site there are pictures 

Dr4Film
18 minutes ago, birdshill123 said:

Back  when everyone was having Norcold problems many users did a fan install. 3 computer fans were installed  under the roof top vent.  This provided the proper air circulation. If you go to the irv2 Monaco site there are pictures 

I did that back in 2010 while up in Alaska. I used four 120mm fans at the top of the roof vent. Plus I had a switch where I could override the snap disk that turned the fans on and off. After a while I had the fans on 24/7.

I later sold the fan fixtures to a RV owner on eBay.

Photo below.

Norcold Fans-12.JPG

Air Bags
gdroberson

sounds about right ordered mine a month ago supposed to be in sometime in october thats what happens when everything is made in china

Air Bags
vito.a

Most of the guys are using a Contitech AS889 air bagMade by Continental in Germany.  It's an alternate to the Firestone air bag.  

Depending on whether you use it on front or rear, you may have to use a 3/4" to 1/4" reducer bushing.  

Rick A

** Fake News My apologies **

I'm over on the west coast so you guys are up long before I surface.

I'm in a park and the volt meter was 'deployed and owned' by another "motorhomer" who was checking his own batteries and wanted to use my rig as a comparison.

I just unpacked my gear and retrieved my own volt meter and checked, of-course they are 12 volt batteries - Truckers Choice. I should have know better.

I haven't a clue what the other guy was doing but I thought I saw a 20 'something' volt reading. He probably had the thing set on some weird setting. Any tool in the hands of a novice is a dangerous thing.

'Never trust a reading that you didn't take yourself. 

HWH Repair Costs
CinBob

Looks like we'll be sending our ram cylinders from the front slides in for rebuild. We're being told it's about an 8 week turnaround. About the same time to deliver new ones. Guess we'll be parked for a while. 

TCM failure Allison 4000
vito.a

Good job finding and resetting that fuse!

There is a direct wire from the battery bank to the transmission TCM.  Not sure, it may be the one you are  resetting.  I would start by finding it, cleaning the terminals, and changing the fuse. 

I would also check and clean the TCM and transmission shift pad ground wires. 

I like to use DeOxit to clean terminals.  

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-D5S-6-DeoxIT-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B00006LVEU/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=deoxit&qid=1629993103&sr=8-1

Hope you find it! 

tmw188

We all knew at heart, but wanted to reply with something to help you discover it yourself. All good. 

Air Bags
Gary 05 AMB DST

Jim, Good idea! I find that if I have a part in storage for replacement, it seems that the original never needs replaced. 

Gary 05 AMB DST

HWH Repair Costs
Ivan K
15 minutes ago, CinBob said:

Looks like we'll be sending our ram cylinders from the front slides in for rebuild. We're being told it's about an 8 week turnaround. About the same time to deliver new ones. Guess we'll be parked for a while. 

Isn't there a hydraulic shop in your neighborhood?  I had mine rebuilt the same day by a local shop for what it would cost to ship them one way. There is nothing special about them, in fact these are just baby cylinders compared to what they work on for construction companies and farmers.

Gary M

844CE544-F440-495B-900E-729CF8BB72C8.thumb.jpeg.90b41d900efb82c64bd71dd93e702368.jpeg

Chuck B

Not necessary so.  Not all members monitor the site daily.  They read posts one day and do not visit the sight for a week or more.  They then make a costly serious mistake that could be harmful to their health and well being.  I would not want it on my conscious that I posted something wrong that sent a member to the promise land.  Not everyone knows everything.  There are neophytes on the group.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

JDCrow

You all are making me hungry 

10k Onan Quiet Diesel shuts off with no load.
96 EVO

Hmm.

Odd that would shut down the gen engine.

Air Bags
gdroberson

I live in AZ all are dryroted if you rub them the rubber falls off in your hand have to be replaced just hope they come in when they are supposed to

Air Bags
Frank McElroy

I suggest looking at the information in the parts list under chassis, air springs (starting around page 21).  There is a lot of pertinent information on air bag suppliers and part numbers. 

On coaches with ping tanks it's critical to have the larger diameter air connection.  On coaches without ping tanks like your Windsor, you can use either the smaller air inlet or the larger air inlet with an adapter.

Air Bags
gdroberson

OK thanks

Air Bags
jacwjames
7 minutes ago, Frank McElroy said:

I suggest looking at the information in the parts list under chassis, air springs (starting around page 21).  There is a lot of pertinent information on air bag suppliers and part numbers. 

On coaches with ping tanks it's critical to have the larger diameter air connection.  On coaches without ping tanks like your Windsor, you can use either the smaller air inlet or the larger air inlet with an adapter.

Frank,

I did look at the parts list, when I searched for my part number it did cross to the W013589376.   This is what I ordered on the Trucksprings.com and is ~8week lead time. 

Just trying to determine a viable alternative to Firestone as far a manufacturer. 

So I have one recommended option, Contitech, although I'd need an AS9376. 

Any other suggestions?

tmw188

I suppose“we”wasn’t the right choice of words. 

Air Bags
rpasetto

I checked the parts list ... shows replacement for Monaco Semi-monocoque and RR 10 airbag chassis coaches is  Monaco PN 0180-4591.  That crosses to the Contitech AS8897 as well as some Goodyear and Firestone parts.  I used the Conti when I had my drive axle airbags replaced last year.

Neglected maintenance
Dbircky

"REV shop in Coburg"  I'm currently at the Rev shop in Decatur trying to get the air leveling fixed.  Losing faith fast that they can fix it.  Oregon is too far and time is limited for a trip.  I've already been here for 3 days as they work with power gear to find out what the problem is.  Anyone know of someone east of the Mississippi that knows the roadmaster chassis?  

TCM failure Allison 4000
Art Perrone

In a similar situation, I brought the TCM to an Allison dealer.  They were able to get a look at the programing and values in the TCM.  The TCM is easily removed from the coach. No special tools are required.

Good Luck,

Art Perrone

birdshill123

That is the fan system ! I remember posters being very pleased with the result.  I mentioned this because the op was adamant in not wanting a house fridge

Air Bags
jacwjames

My parts page shows the Moncao part # as 8619 

The REV parts page comes up with this https://parts.revgroup.com/item-detail?itemId=48306&organizationId=9   

Which is 10110964, it does say if you purchase the 01804591 you also need a steel bushing.  (I'm so confused). 

But can't see if an OEM number but they are pricey.  Not in that big of hurry. 

Air Bags
Frank McElroy

I googled W0-358-9376 and a few other vendors popped up but don't know about availability. 

The parts list shows alternatives with some being 3/4" inlet so you would need an adapter.  See page 23 in the parts list showing cross numbers to Firestone W0-358-9376 from Contitech and others.

TCM failure Allison 4000
Darren A.

The wire runs from the battery disconnect switch to a fuse then to I assume to the VCM. The fuse holder (second from left) is crimped together with the first fuse holder again from the battery disconnect switch. Each second wire goes toward the engine area first fuse again I assume to the VCM, the second somewhere else.  While using a 12 volt test light the second fuse from the left only lights up from one side with the fuse removed which is normal right?  One side positive the other side ground?  The first fuse holder while using a test light with fuse removed both sides are hot, pretty sure that’s not normal?  This is the fuse I assume goes to the VCM.  Even with the battery disconnect switch off there’s still 12volt constant on both sids of that first fuse holder, that can’t be right? 

Vito I asked them to trace that wire, check TCM and the shift pad ground wires.  Hopefully it becomes a simple fix!

700D5977-41AD-46C2-B4C5-4EF842689F32.png

2D3A1EC0-D7A4-4C67-9F12-8E9AF3705918.jpeg

F8E367B6-C1BC-4C03-88B0-076AE6E2C0D6.jpeg

98359E02-7E6B-4F5B-9085-425FB5A2876F.jpeg

TCM failure Allison 4000
Michael Powell

following

ktloah

We own an 04 Dynasty with the outside push button pad to lock the entry door or lock the bays. We don't know too much on where to look for the control module. I know the reset is under the passenger cup holder. There doesn't seem to be any power getting to the outside pad. Fuse is good under the driver side outside bay. Can anyone point us in the right direction on where to look for the control box? Thx

HarleyR

I'm not sure if this will help you, but in our 2007 Beaver Contessa, it is it is behind the gauges in the dash panel.

Dr4Film

Ours in behind the center console. The wires are accessible through the underside of the passenger cup holder if you need to use a meter to probe the wires.

RIPPPA

Following. I’m getting into this soon. Lol

ktloah

Do you mean the center of the dashboard. I know about the wires beneath the passenger cup holder. There is NO power to these wires. I need to find the control module....

Mark B

Make sure you have a good 12v power supply or your battery disconnect is on.

ktloah

Thanks Harley,  I've checked the access panel and couldn't find anything. Maybe it's missing altogether!?

TCM failure Allison 4000
Darren A.

The shop overnight the TCM to Allison to run diagnostic.  I will keep the group updated once I hear back from them.  

Does anyone know about issues with TCM years 2001 - 2005?  The shop telling me that’s what Allison reported to them 

Bandit411

I have a 2006 dynasty. I had the same problem and it was unplugged by where the reset button is it is a white square 4 or 6 prong connector. You might check that out. 

TCM failure Allison 4000
jacwjames

We lost our TCM in 2013, this was on a 2002 Windsor with the 3000 transmission, if that makes a difference. 

My wife was getting ready to go on a trip to NY for a dog show.  I'd taken the rig to get fuel and parked it in front of the house to hook up the Jeep.  Once I got the Jeep hooked up went to start the rig to check lights, brakes etc and there was no power to the dash or the shifter pad.  I checked all I could and ended up having to have the rig towed to the Allision shop, they refused to send a tech out saying they were short handed. 

I was getting ready to catch a plane going to Spain and just talked to the tow truck driver as he was pulling into our subdivision.  Wife had to deal with it from there.  The ended up diagnosing a bad TCM, luckily they had one at a shop ~100 miles away that my wife actually went and got, they programmed it and she was on the road the next day, making it to the dog show just in time to had the dog to a handler for him to show.  (she didn't win).  Cost for all of this was ~$3500.  If you have time you can get yours repaired for far less then this.  Still have the old TCM so if mine starts acting up I'll send it in for repair. 

Good Luck, keep us posted.

DrDon4u

On my 2009 Dyn is in the dash behind the gages. Access hole on top of the dashboard.

Hydraulic Slides
Mike Rizzo

Looking for some help with my hydraulic slides.  We have a 2005 Dynasty with 4 slides (3 hydraulic and 1 electric) ...  Tonight I was loading up the motorhome I went to put out one of the slides and when I hit the switch,  one of the hydraulic slides "bumped" out about three inches  then stopped  the other two would not move ..  The electric was working fine...  I checked the bay doors and made sure that the plungers were good to go ..  they were ..  I then started up the motorhome, cycled through drive pushed the parking brake off then back on put the motorhome in neutral ...  shut it down and everything is working as it has for years...  My questions is...  I am assuming that there is a cut off switch some where ...  Is there one connected to the parking brake that might be going ?  Any information would be appreciated..

Thank you

Mike R 

2005 Dynasty 42 w/ 2019 Jeep in tow

TCM failure Allison 4000
Darren A.

I will Jim and thank you

Neglected maintenance
woodylmiller

Dbircky, that sucks.  My guess is no one in Decatur ever built any of the original Monaco's.  But Valid has always been great with tech help.  Doesn't make any sense.  Many techs simply don't know what they are doing, no offense to the techs that do.  The Valid Power Gear doesn't appear to be that complicated.  I had a shop in Spokane WA do some work on my system while it was under a service plan.  It looked like the coach had a "power rake" going on with the rear end clearly way above the front.  They fixed it, but I couldn't believe their first attempt.  I don't have a single complaint about the REV Center in Coburg except for their shop rates.  One complaint about REV, you used to be able to talk with the techs over the phone, not anymore, now you leave a message or email and then wait.  We were stuck with a slide that wouldn't retract and I called REV in the morning and had to leave a message.  I pleaded with the girl that answered the phone explaining that we could not move without the slide coming in; "sorry, leave a message".  Bullcrap.  I fixed it myself after some trouble shooting.  REV finally called me about 6 hours later.  We were already in another state by then.  It seems like today it's "customer no service" going on.  But 3 days????  Bullcrap.  Have you tried any of the independent shops around?  Some of the truck shops know what they are doing and have worked on my Roadmaster.  Good luck.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

Air Bags
rpasetto
6 hours ago, jacwjames said:

My parts page shows the Moncao part # as 8619 

The REV parts page comes up with this https://parts.revgroup.com/item-detail?itemId=48306&organizationId=9   

Which is 10110964, it does say if you purchase the 01804591 you also need a steel bushing.  (I'm so confused). 

But can't see if an OEM number but they are pricey.  Not in that big of hurry. 

That crosses to ContiTech AS9376  $140 at the supplier below:

https://www.truckandtrailer.parts/ContiTech-AS9376-Air-Spring-Monaco-Coach-8619-8108-14002_p_1477.html

and $1200 here: https://dcontrol.com/marketplace/item/609f2e74f918490b78001a95

I don't know the above sellers...  Price is over $200 at Fleetpride and a few others I have dealt with.

6 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

I googled W0-358-9376 and a few other vendors popped up but don't know about availability. 

The parts list shows alternatives with some being 3/4" inlet so you would need an adapter.  See page 23 in the parts list showing cross numbers to Firestone W0-358-9376 from Contitech and others.

Most of the leak problems I've had were with the 3/4" thread side of the 3/4 to 1/4 adapters.  I don't know if the problem was the airbag threads or the adapter threads.

Basement A/C unit
Chargerman

I’m at a rally and met a guy who is interested in a early 2000’s Beaver, I think it’s a Patriot. Approx. 35’ rig. He said it has basement A/C, doesn’t know the brand yet. 
Does anyone have any insight/experience with the basement A/C’s that Monaco used at that time? Reliability? Do they have the output needed?  
Any experience that can be provided would be appreciated as it’s one of the concerns that the buyer has regarding a possible purchase

Stuck Drawer
woodylmiller

Was there any chance you might have been out of level with the coach, causing a bind?  Drawer glides are cheap enough to replace in needed.  Getting good short screws to install seem to be the biggest problem.

Woody Miller

Powergear leveling jack controller location 2004 HR Scepter
ok-rver

Left Rear Jack not coming all the way up.

The coach has 4 jacks. Both front jacks with external springs supplied by one solenoid common flow between them, rear jacks with internal spring with a solenoid each side. All hydraulic. Very basic keypad, Front down, right rear down, left rear down, both rear down, retract all jacks buttons on keypad. Does not have auto leveling function. Left rear comes up to about 3" down from fully retracted. Tried using 2x6 to pry up with about 500 lbs of force at jack foot and it did not move. over 4 days it has come up to about an 1" down. Rod of jack looks good, no visible scratches and does not look bent when down. Picture of the controller from what appears to be the manual for my unit shows four 3 amp fuses for the four solenoids. As the solenoid is energized and extends the jack, they are all good. Tried hitting jacks up button and running out to lever up jack. It did not work.

Powergear wants pictures of the keypad, controller, and jack. I can NOT find the controller. Hydraulic unit is in engine compartment. The way I think this works, "Jacks UP" light goes off when fluid level lifts float switch in reservoir. If fluid quantity is correct, the jacks should be fully up when the float tells the controller they are up.  Actual fluid level is at the level they say to fill the reservoir now with jack still down a couple of inches when I checked yesterday. I can not tell if the jacks up solenoid is open when deenergized or closed. 

Any way, looked a bit under dash but there is a board that limits what you can see up under the dash. No  controller in the engine compartment. Wires from hydraulic unit appear to run forward along the driver side of the engine. Found nothing inside rear of MH. Powergear slide controller in one of the basement compartments. No other Powergear controller in the compartments that I have found. Will get MH back from shop tomorrow to look some more. Has anyone seen the jack controller when digging around on their chassis?

May use jumper to energize jacks up solenoid to drain to tank or left down solenoid to see if it oil flows back. Other option is to unscrew hydraulic line from solenoid and see if the jack comes up but that may be a mess. Either of those might tell me the jack is good.

Powergear leveling jack controller location 2004 HR Scepter
Bandit411

Have you tried loosening the line that goes to the jack. If not put a drain pan under the connector and loosen the line. It may have an air bubble trapped. 

Basement A/C unit
tmw188

I would assume it might be a Coleman 2ton unit. I had one in a 2005 Dolphin gasser, don’t know if a 2000 vintage would be the same unit. Mine was a two stage two compressor unit. You could run at 1/2 capacity one compressor with 30a service. Mine was a heat pump, pretty quiet. These are basically a 2 ton side discharge unit similar to a mobile home or a very small rooftop unit on a building by design. For a 35’ it should be ok but they don’t cool things down very fast it the rig is much larger than 33’ IMO. They are not always easy to service or replace if they have to be removed to replace big part items. IMO not a throw away unit like some might do with a roof mount model. They run about $3000+ new. They were in Winnebago’s, Nationals and others. Mine ran well but was hard to keep a 37’ coach cool on hot days. Start the day with it really cold because it will not keep up on a hot day.

Hydraulic Slides
vito.a

Check your chassis batteries.  Sounds like they may be getting low. 

Make sure your Intellitec Big Boy isolator relay is closing properly and the contacts are not corroded inside.  

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow

Drilled a hole for the rear camera wire to run down. Ran the wire outside the coach for a test run before I secure the wire underneath. So far so good 

CA4F662C-EAB0-49DD-A836-AFDA89CFF864.jpeg

A8E02A77-0244-43AB-B138-AD13B1BDB8A0.jpeg

E3EE1EF2-FA7D-484F-A4DA-502444BE4501.jpeg

Good ole Janice
JDCrow

Well there was a thread about a ghost in a Coach. Was replacing the rear camera, and we have Janice with us 

620ECA1B-6761-45A7-AAF6-7BFBA29D4671.jpeg

Hydraulic Slides
Tony G.

You don't mention the manufacturer of your system. Assuming it is HWH you can go to their website. They have wiring diagrams for their systems. That will show you the safety switches.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.