Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/529-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

120 AC twist wire nut melted
ok-rver
Engine charging problem
Grampy OG
Hot water faucets ug up
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
Slide room lock
Art Perrone
Slide room lock
jacwjames
Hot water faucets ug up
jacwjames
Generator Starting Issues
trailmug
Changing Headlights
philcarrell
Changing Headlights
RIPPPA
Changing Headlights
Rivrman2
Changing Headlights
DrDon4u
Ivylog
trailmug
Slide room lock
Chuck B
Slide room lock
jacwjames
Slide room lock
Chuck B
Slide room lock
jacwjames
Slide room lock
Chuck B
Slide room lock
Paul A.
Full Throttle Generator
Paul A.
Changing Headlights
Neil Loveless
Gauges not working
diys1
Full Throttle Generator
Ivan K
Changing Headlights
RIPPPA
Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob
flyindale
Gauges not working
Ivan K
Hot water faucets ug up
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
Small HWH hydraulic bedroom slide won't slide out
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
Changing Headlights
cbr046
Changing Headlights
philcarrell
More Ponies??
Testdepth
Hydraulic Fan control valve
Testdepth
Kool-Magic replacement?
Testdepth
Changing Headlights
RIPPPA
Changing Headlights
bobdinsmore
PacBrake Exhaust Brake Butterfly
rotorwrinch
Changing Headlights
RIPPPA
Changing Headlights
woodylmiller
Changing Headlights
philcarrell

120 AC twist wire nut melted
ok-rver

My terminology of describing the twisted bundle may have misled some of you. This is a butt splice I found at Lowes good for up to 4 ga wire. The wire that is under the screw is the stranded wire coming from the cable reel, the same wire as used in the power cord going to the pedestal. the wire running next to the splice is typical of the red, black, and white used for 50 amp house wiring on my MH. This conductor runs to the transfer switch. The same type of wire runs from the generator to the TS and out of the TS to the house distribution panel for the 50 amp service. There are 5 or so individual copper wires twisted together inside a common insulation jacket. They are in the range of 14 or 12 ga. 14 ga is rated for 15 amps. 5 times 15 is 75 but bundled conductors are derated. Monaco "engineers" did the ground work and said what ever this is, it should be good for 50 amps.

Two issues with using the butt splice shown in the picture. 5/8" heat shrink will NOT slide over the splice. 7/8" fits but it does not shrink enough to be anywhere near tight enough around the individual conductor. With conductors coming out both ends of the splice, the splice becomes very long and would require tight bends in the conductors as they leave the splice to get them to fit in the J-box. Both of these are not good practice. There are connectors similar to the Wago that have parallel entry on the same side with an insulated splice. Most on these high current/voltage connectors have an antioxidant gel that the wire is pushed into under the screw to minimize what happened to the wire nut on my black conductor. They are available on eBay and Amazon. I will try my local electrical supply just to be able to handle the part prior to buying if they have them. I will post pictures and the part number when I buy and install them.

The load shedding system monitors for the two legs coming in to be out of phase to allow 50 amp service, otherwise it limit the current to 30 amp. I have only had the MH about 3 weeks. I would never wire a pedestal as two in-phase legs. The 5 or 6 pedestals we have plugged into have all shown 50 amp service on the load shedding monitor which tells me they were wired correctly, as a 240 system. When correctly wired, the red and black "cancel" each other's current out for which ever leg has the least current. The excess current flows to the neutral bus thru the white. I see 30 amp service on the shedding system when I am plugged into the 20amp GFCI at my storage bay. As the AC is off, I see no need to switch down to 20 amp. Only the black conductor wire nut showed any damage, I believe there was an issue with the tightness of the install or it came loss over time. I am only running thru the 20 amp GFCI until I get screwed splices in place on the three conductors. I hope this clarifies any confusion I may have caused.

HRS white 50amp tisted bundle.JPG

Engine charging problem
Grampy OG
9 hours ago, saflyer said:

Yes smart alternator, however that is not the case with an '03 Monaco Executive. 

The BlueFire does hook to the ODB/DATA (like a ScanGauge or Silverleaf) port on the coach. The data comes directly from the engine computer so in my opinion is much more accurate than any analog dash gauges. Back in '03 the Dynasty, Exec, Sig coaches had a system built into the backup monitor that was called Trip Tek. TT preceded Aladin and was much more simplistic. TT also reads the ECU directly and the numbers match what I get on the BlueFire. The BlueFire is just faster to read because I can see all of the data on one screen instead of paging through the multiple pages that TT presents. 

All that being said my alternator still only puts out 13.5 volts and I am wondering if it is just another failure waiting to happen. 

Hot water faucets ug up
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
21 hours ago, Rick A said:

What about using CLR, it’s very good at dissolving gunk? 

Thanks that works to clean the strainers but but does nothing fir the pipes.

19 hours ago, Timaz996 said:

Did you change your filters?

Thanja It us only coming from the hot water. I service the AH every year.

15 hours ago, Steve P said:

Maybe a water filter is slowly disintegrating? 

Nope only comes from the hot ater but thanks.

My Next New Motor Coach AFTER I Win the Lottery!
David Pratt

This Coach was showcased-back in January and was supposed to be on display at the Tampa Super Show. It did not make the show because of some Technical Difficulties. Newell does make a very fine coach.

After watching the Video and comparing all the amenities that were presented I thought I was watching a Video of my Foretravel. Foretravel has all these systems Integrated into the ih-45 and some in the Realm. The Quality of a Foretravel is superb and the Foretravel Factory Support is excellent. We looked at the Newell prior to purchasing our ih-45 and I just could not see where in the Newell Justification for an additional million bucks. After four years of owning our ih-45 we know we made the right choice. We have put over Forty Thousand miles on our coach with very few issues and all were minor or operator Error. The ih-45,like a Newell and a Prevost Conversion require a whole new learning curve to operate and be familiar with all the technology that these coaches have. 

Slide room lock
Art Perrone

Thank you all for your help.  I am not concerned with lubrication.  It's too late for that.  If anyone knows what they are called, in order to order them, that would help.  At the present time, I will likely remove one and see what happens.  Has anyone done that?

105_0008.thumb.JPG.be015640d8cf8ab81017b85c2deba828.JPG

Slide room lock
jacwjames

The slide lock is obsolete.  The only way to see whats going on is to remove it.  You will have to remove all the small rivets that hole the black cover on then remove the lock.  

Here is a link to a drawing, I believe Lippert still may some parts

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/SlideLockMech.pdf

https://store.lci1.com/travel-lock-9in-return-spring-f-dn13052-383643.html

You might do a search, there are posts on the IRV2 forum on these locks, it's far easier to maintain then to repair/replace.

JDCrow
57 minutes ago, David Pratt said:

This Coach was showcased-back in January and was supposed to be on display at the Tampa Super Show. It did not make the show because of some Technical Difficulties. Newell does make a very fine coach.

After watching the Video and comparing all the amenities that were presented I thought I was watching a Video of my Foretravel. Foretravel has all these systems Integrated into the ih-45 and some in the Realm. The Quality of a Foretravel is superb and the Foretravel Factory Support is excellent. We looked at the Newell prior to purchasing our ih-45 and I just could not see where in the Newell Justification for an additional million bucks. After four years of owning our ih-45 we know we made the right choice. We have put over Forty Thousand miles on our coach with very few issues and all were minor or operator Error. The ih-45,like a Newell and a Prevost Conversion require a whole new learning curve to operate and be familiar with all the technology that these coaches have. 

You have a very beautiful Coach. I’m in no way shape or form in the market for one. Can you tell me differences in construction? I look at what top to bottom of products and how stuff is made. We bought the new 5th wheel, and it’s night and day from our old one, fit/finish/construction.

Hot water faucets ug up
jacwjames

When we built our new house I installed a tankless hot water heater.  We live in E TN and our water is pretty hard.  We do not have a water softener. 

Right off bat the faucets started to stop up with pieces of the calcium that drops out of the water when it is super heated.  Since there is no tank the water and particles go right to the faucets.  After doing some research I ordered and installed a 200 mesh high temp strainer.  It has done a very good job at catching most of the particle and only the real small ones pass through, which in most cases are not caught in the aerators.   The strainer I installed does not have an automatic flushing function it has to be purged about every 3-4 weeks, sometimes more.  Also found that the water temp makes a big difference, I had the temp set at 125F but wife insisted at increasing it to 135F and the amount of calcium, now haw have it set at 130F and the amount of calcium is lower. 

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/vu-flow-hot-water-sediment-filter-system-3-4

trailmug

Sure thing, I had some cables made from custombatterycables.com (details below).

Battery isolator: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WTAFR84
Battery cage: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/TGI-301347-KIT
Battery: Optima Red Top 78
NSI ITOG-1 wire splice (for splicing the Monaco 2ga hot wire to the battery isolator cable).

Painted battery cage and riveted to generator front cover.
Ran 1/0 ground cable to generator negative terminal, leaving the existing ground wire in place.
Ran new #2 from battery isolator to rear of generator, cut off and discarded the factory red lug, spliced to new red 2ga battery isolator cable.
Ran new 1/0 hot cable to generator positive terminal.
Attached isolator battery side terminal to aux 4ga from red battery cable.
Butt spliced isolator ground wire to aux 10ga from black battery cable.

The side terminals they used were too thick for regular battery bolts, so I had to get extended ones. Maybe next time I'd get a 34/78 battery and use regular clamp lugs. I like to sit tools on top of the generator, though, and didn't want one to fall down across the battery. Using some air compressor hose worked well to measure the necessary cable lengths (roughly the same size and flexibility). I recommend following the existing wire paths as much as possible, as if you have a generator slide, the cables need to lay in such a way that they're not pinched when you retract it.

#70 - Custom: 112 in, 1/0 ga SGT Black, Side Mount (short bolt) , std 5/16 lug AUX: 10 in, 10 ga L no end $88.89 USD 1 $88.89 USD
#70 - Custom: 74 in, 2 ga SGT Red, std 1/4 lug , no end $34.25 USD 1 $34.25 USD
#889 - Add Loom - Per cable Options: $5.00 USD 1 $5.00 USD
#70 - Custom: 98 in, 1/0 ga SGT Red, Side Mount (short bolt) w/cov, HD 5/16 lug AUX: 24 in, 4 ga L std 1/4 lug $100.36 USD 1 $100.36 USD
#889 - Add Loom - Per cable Options: $5.00 USD 1

$5.00 USD

Changing Headlights
philcarrell

Does anyone know how to change out headlights on a 2008 Executive.  My headlights were very cloudy and I tried all of the tips on how to clean then and still have film on them.  I bought new headlights.

Changing Headlights
RIPPPA

If it’s like 2005 Dynasty it’s easy pezy. One screw. Plug and Play

B8BF71A4-0453-456D-88DA-54570547F383.jpeg

Changing Headlights
Rivrman2

I’ve done this on an 08 Admiral. Not easy but with patience can be done. If I recall, I had to raise the front enough so I could slide under the front cap. Then depending on which side I was working on, turned the front wheels one way or the other so I could sit up while underneath it. You’ll like the look when you’re done. 

2007 Monaco Dynasty Palace III Ralph Lauren Interior 36,647 mileage $167,999.00 negotiable
Palace

This coach has a brand new AQUA HOT 600D system with less than 3 hours - this is an upgrade from the original system, new washer and dryer and upgraded entertainment center.  King bed, jackknife sofa and pullout couch.  Two basement pull-out storage trays.  The Ralph Lauren western style interior makes this unit one of as kind. I am the second owner - and no I don't believe Willie Nelson owned this unit - he may have traveled in it a few times.  Equipment List attached - this coach has every feature imaginable.

IMG_6047 (1).jpeg

IMG_6063.jpeg

IMG_6062.jpeg

IMG_6060.jpeg

IMG_6059.jpeg

IMG_6058.jpeg

IMG_6057.jpeg

IMG_6051.jpeg

IMG_6050.jpeg

0EFCD6B3-F780-4478-B445-9578AF1BD6CB.JPG

CD9FAD5F-E1E2-43D5-BBAD-EA9154070D6D.JPG

IMG_5981.jpg

IMG_8455.jpg

IMG_8456.jpg

IMG_8609.jpg

IMG_8609.jpg

IMG_8611.jpg

IMG_8660.jpg

IMG_8664.jpg

Changing Headlights
DrDon4u

Go to any Wal-Mart with an auto center and for $25 then will clean both headlights.

Ivylog

I spent a fair amount of time decreasing the losses between my batteries and the inverter, had close to 0.8 V under high load…150 amps. This helped the generator starting and on occasion I still have to use the boost switch. 

Had thought about adding a separate battery for the generator with a large $10 diode as the isolator… 50 amps for charging.  At this point I’ve put this project on the shelf.

5B142105-0EE8-48FE-88F1-62AAB840DF43.png

trailmug

Silicon diode drop is 0.7V.. might not provide good float voltage? 

Slide room lock
Chuck B

If you remove the slide lock, the slide might open while in transit especially if the lock is on the forward side if the slide.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Slide room lock
jacwjames

If the locks aren't salvageable you could resort to the old style lock that sits on top of the slide once it is all the say in.  Here's an example

https://highskyrvparts.com/rv-parts/hardware/slide-out-accessories/slide-out-lock

My slides are electric and the motor itself as a lock on it.  The lock is deactivated while the motor is being moved.  The lock would probably hold the slide in by itself.

In your case I's assume the slide is hydraulic and without looking at a schematic I don't know it there is a lock type valve in the system or not.  Maybe someone else might know.  Maybe there is someone who's removed the lock and hasn't had a problem while traveling. 

Good luck

Slide room lock
Chuck B

IMO, that type of slide lock would do a better if placed half way on the vertical inside slide half way between to top and bottom.  That way the bottom of the slide will not creep out.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Slide room lock
jacwjames
1 minute ago, Chuck B said:

IMO, that type of slide lock would do a better if placed half way on the vertical inside slide half way between to top and bottom.  That way the bottom of the slide will not creep out.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

If you have access, my front slide I could put one near the drivers seat like that but the rear does not have access so it would have to go on top.  I believe my coach came with these but were discarded by the PO, they are discussed in the manual.

One thing to consider is that Monaco had to cover the butts with this type of system for liability purposes, so in my case there is a motor lock, a slide lock, and the manual locks.  If an owner modified or removed a safety feature and something happened there could be liability issues, especially in the world we live in today.

Slide room lock
Chuck B

True, I did not think of that.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Slide room lock
Paul A.

We made Safety BLOCKS when the locks failed on our 07 Executive.

With the slide closed, measure from the inside of the vertical flange on the slide that seals against the coach wall, to the inside of the coach vertical wall where it seals .We used 2x8 lumber cut to that dimension, and had -1- at each end of the slide, on top. Had a Yellow tennis ball attached to a piece of string on each, the ball was held in place on the vertical end walls of the slide with a piece of BLACK VELCRO. 

Did it on a New 05 Dynasty as a safety precaution before we owned the Executive. Worked great 10 years full timing.

Full Throttle Generator
Paul A.

How about getting fresh clean fuel in a container, put the intake fuel line in that and a bucket to catch the return fuel line. 

Changing Headlights
Neil Loveless
2 hours ago, RIPPPA said:

Did you install direct replacements or upgrade to LED?

Gauges not working
diys1

Thanks for the replies. Voltage, oil, and tach still not working. I have checked the ground (white) and it is OK. I have NO voltage from the red to white on the gauge itself with key turned on. Have looked everywhere for a loose plug or wire and can't find anything. The wiring diagram shows wires from the gauges going to the ignition sw ,but all wires coming out of the ignition sw. are white.  don't know where to go next. It seems like it is a loose connection somewhere because oil gauge went out first then tach and voltage. It could be two different problems.  Any helpful ideas. I have not disconnected the battery as Mr Ambassador suggested, I will do that later. 

Thanks

JimJ

Full Throttle Generator
Ivan K

My understanding is that the exercise was to verify whether there is air coming in from the tank line so that one would have to stay untouched, possibly for hours.

Changing Headlights
RIPPPA

Direct replacement. Bought from eBay. There are 1996-2003 BMW 5 series lights. $144.00

Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob

Paul's plan would let me know if the problem is the fuel system or isolated to the generator. If I went with his idea, which has merit, and the generator still stumbles the same then I would look to issues with the generator.

flyindale

Thank you everyone who responded , especially trailmug.  I am going to give it a try and see if there is any difference.

Gauges not working
Ivan K

Could the positive be coming from ignition solenoid in FRB that might have failed? When mine was going out, it would also effect dash fan a cruise. Different coach so just a wild guess.

Hot water faucets ug up
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
4 hours ago, jacwjames said:

When we built our new house I installed a tankless hot water heater.  We live in E TN and our water is pretty hard.  We do not have a water softener. 

Right off bat the faucets started to stop up with pieces of the calcium that drops out of the water when it is super heated.  Since there is no tank the water and particles go right to the faucets.  After doing some research I ordered and installed a 200 mesh high temp strainer.  It has done a very good job at catching most of the particle and only the real small ones pass through, which in most cases are not caught in the aerators.   The strainer I installed does not have an automatic flushing function it has to be purged about every 3-4 weeks, sometimes more.  Also found that the water temp makes a big difference, I had the temp set at 125F but wife insisted at increasing it to 135F and the amount of calcium, now haw have it set at 130F and the amount of calcium is lower. 

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/vu-flow-hot-water-sediment-filter-system-3-4

Thanks, will try to adjust temp and try the sediment filter. New ideas that we have not heard before 

dlelsner

A very good choice Richard, I would do the same. Been watching the Newell web site for years and still dreaming...

Dave Elsner

JDCrow

Foretravel may have borrowed some names from HR 

8256B6AA-29E0-4628-A827-92964944E875.jpeg

Small HWH hydraulic bedroom slide won't slide out
bmulvenna@hotmail.com

2004 Dynasty Diamond 4 HWH small passenger side bedroom slide won't go out. The rear cylinder does not activate while the front does causing the slide to bind.

Have checked the fluid level and the 4 fuses for the HWH slides and all are good. 1 fuse for each of the 3 slides and 1 for the generator slide. 

Does anyone have the Hydraulic diagram or at least know where the equalizer Hydraulic cylinder is located for the small bedroom slide?

I have checked under the slide cabinets, under the bath sink where the lines run thru from both cylinders, and inside the top of each bay on the passenger side of the frame rails.

Pete from HWH in Arizona suggested checking the equalizer cylinder which I am having trouble locating.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mike

2004 Dynasty

Changing Headlights
cbr046
5 hours ago, RIPPPA said:

Would you have your detailer stop by my house?

- bob

Changing Headlights
philcarrell
2 hours ago, Neil Loveless said:

Did you install direct replacements or upgrade to LED?

Direct replacements.  I don't drive at night unless absolutely necessary.

David Pratt
6 hours ago, JDCrow said:

You have a very beautiful Coach. I’m in no way shape or form in the market for one. Can you tell me differences in construction? I look at what top to bottom of products and how stuff is made. We bought the new 5th wheel, and it’s night and day from our old one, fit/finish/construction.

The Foretravel ih-45 is built from the ground up. it has an all steel welded house structure that is welded to the chassis. IFS front suspension and all the air bags are mounted outboard in line with the tires. The roof is a welded steel truss design.

More Ponies??
Testdepth

I haven’t updated this thread in awhile so thought I would do that. I did install an EGT (preturbo) and ran with it for awhile to see what my temps were doing. Ran some tests by installing a needle valve in the pressure line to the waste gate and varied the setting from normal to completely closed. max boost never changed. To me that pointed to bad/worn turbo or leaky charge air cooler. With only 75k miles on the motor I opted to check the CAC. I built a test fixture I found on YouTube and tested the CAC. Could not get it to pressurize! 

Long story short, found a failed weld with a hole about 3/16 x 5/8”. TIG welded it closed, tested found a couple of pinhole leaks that weren’t weldable so I epoxied them. Retested reinstalled CAC and on initial test drive was able to achieve just over 20# boost. 
I’ll be doing a more extensive test drive to include some longer steep grades to watch boost and EGT.

JDCrow
Just now, David Pratt said:

The Foretravel ih-45 is built from the ground up. it has an all steel welded house structure that is welded to the chassis. IFS front suspension and all the air bags are mounted outboard in line with the tires. The roof is a welded steel truss design.

Awesome, so not like converted coach, more like a country coach till they went away from a “chassis” Thanks for the insight! 

Hydraulic Fan control valve
Testdepth

I did call Scott and had a nice conversation with him. Based on his comments that the regulator itself is a very low failure item I decided to pull the regulator back off to ensure I hadn’t messed it up. I did and found the main piston apparently had some crud in it that I didn’t find before or was in a hose. I recleaned and assembled with lots of atf and made sure everything was smooth and free. 
The problem appears to be resolved.

Kool-Magic replacement?
Testdepth

‘96 Monaco Windsor, C8.3

Decided to troubleshoot “Kool-Matic doesn’t work”, statement by PO.

Ok let’s see what it even looks like! Open the grate, 2 wires hanging there! No motor or fan or squirrel cage or anything, so I still don’t know what it is supposed to look like. I called a couple of used parts places with no luck.

Has anyone replaced it with something else? It appears that it might have been just small dc motor with a fan attached?

Can Microair thermostat send temperature alerts over wifi?
Grampy OG
On 8/27/2021 at 8:32 AM, windsorbill06 said:

yes it can send alerts via wifi.  Both high interior and low interior temperature.   I only have 2 roof airs and it was an easy 'plug and play' to convert over.  It's important to pick the correct thermostat.  As I recall, their website walked me through it before I ordered.

Great tech support too, if you need it.

Interesting I have been using the MicroAir for several months now. In fact I have 3 installed in my coach. Where does one find the setting to send alerts?

Thanks,

Ken

Changing Headlights
RIPPPA
1 hour ago, cbr046 said:

Would you have your detailer stop by my house?

- bob

That’s so funny we were talking about this on another page this morning. It must be the light because I bought this Coach 2 months ago and haven’t even washed it yet. But thanks. 

windsorbill06
35 minutes ago, Grampy OG said:

Interesting I have been using the MicroAir for several months now. In fact I have 3 installed in my coach. Where does one find the setting to send alerts?

Thanks,

Ken

I do it from my phone.  Open app and have window open that is showing your different zones.  Then in the upper right, you see a gear symbol.   Tap that and from there you can add/edit a schedule, turn schedule on/off, check for software updates.  The last one listed is  'notifications'.  Tap that one and it will show upper and lower limits.  Set those to your liking and then tap the bottom button to turn it 'on'

Changing Headlights
bobdinsmore

I tried all tricks I could think of to wiggle them out of the cutouts = ZERO luck, so I took it to a dealer. He cut the fiberglass opening a little bigger. That concerned because I thought I now would get more spash and mud captured in the headlight area. That has not happened.

As for the Sam's Club/Walmart service, I had that done on a car. It came out almost as clear as new, well worth the money. The service has a five-year warranty.

PacBrake Exhaust Brake Butterfly
rotorwrinch

After 26 years assembled and only 60000 miles of service, the Exhaust Brake on my '95 Dynasty is getting a refurb. 8.3 Cummings 250 hp with the mechanical injection pump. That said, here is my situation. I am replacing the pneumatic air cylinder and the Humphrey valve. The butterfly valve assy. has been getting the soak and spin treatment after being removed with the butterfly in the stuck open position. The $64 question is how freely should this unit turn? There is a risk in disassembling the unit if it is not necessary. Any experienced insight would be deeply appreciated.  I am near the point of moving the butterfly with my hand ??? The remainder of the system passed a rolling operational check.

Ivylog

I wouldn’t want anyone to know I’d won a big lottery so I’d keep what I have. Not really a issue as my odds of winning are only slightly lower since I do not buy any tickets.

Changing Headlights
RIPPPA
1 hour ago, bobdinsmore said:

I tried all tricks I could think of to wiggle them out of the cutouts = ZERO luck, so I took it to a dealer. He cut the fiberglass opening a little bigger. That concerned because I thought I now would get more spash and mud captured in the headlight area. That has not happened.

As for the Sam's Club/Walmart service, I had that done on a car. It came out almost as clear as new, well worth the money. The service has a five-year warranty.

One of mine came out the Gen hole the other dropped out the bottom. 

Changing Headlights
woodylmiller

I replaced mine.  Went fairly well.  Bled a little and the language got a little salty.  One thing I learned, put the mounting bolts in exactly as the old ones were and wear long sleeved shirt.  Next chore is to adjust the lights.  Haven't quite got that one done yet.  I went with the fancy LED/projector type lights.  I have two exact stock ones, brand new still in the box.  They are the F250 headlamps which were used for several years.  If anyone has use for them I'll sell them for 40 bucks plus the shipping costs.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

Changing Headlights
philcarrell

Thanks for all of the help will tackle it this week.  I bought mine from Headlight Depot.  $120.00 with tax and free shlpping

JDCrow
50 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

I wouldn’t want anyone to know I’d won a big lottery so I’d keep what I have. Not really a issue as my odds of winning are only slightly lower since I do not buy any tickets.

I guess the mistake most people make is signing the back of the ticket, which is encouraged as it proves the ticket is yours. I’ve read that your first call should be to a lawyer and set up a trust, then sign as a trustee. Not sure if that keeps your name out of the mix or not, but I guess it’s a start. 

96 EVO

Any idea if this thermostat would work with say 2 older Dometic heat pumps, and one new model?

Kool-Magic replacement?
jacwjames

The Kool Matic fan has been obsolete for years.  Your only hope is to call a salvage yard. 

I did find a compatible motor for mine 4 years ago from Autozone, it was a 4Seasons/Everco/A/C Heater Blower Motor PN 35551, not sure if is still available,

https://www.autozone.com/cooling-heating-and-climate-control/a-c-heater-blower-motor/p/four-seasons-new-a-c-heater-blower-motor-35551/913749_0_0

The motor that I replaced had a larger armeture but it was wore out where the brushed ran. 

The fan blade itself is a simple 4 blade design that fits the shaft of the motor. 

Mine is controlled by a thermostat but there is also a knob on the fan grill to change speed, it 3 speeds.

It does work well and I use it a lot.  I also have a fantastic fan in the bathroom but prefer the Koolmatic. 

If you can't find parts a different type of fan may fit in the hole. 

Searching new tires Cincinnati OH
WinCinti

Have a 96 Monaco just purchased a year ago. Looking for new set of tires in West Chester OH. 
anyone have a dealer or location you'd recommend in the area for Michelin's. Maybe Toyo. 
Thanks. 

Ivan K

According to microair, you would have to match versions of the control boards and pick the appropriate thermostat model. I am in the same situation, two older ones in the rear and a newer one up front. So I go with the newer front unit to control it from driver seat. 

When I said to match the board versions, what I meant is versions compatible with the same type of dometic thermostat. Other than the old 4 button thermostat which they don't support at all.

New Photos

IMG_6050.jpeg
Palace
0 comments
IMG_6051.jpeg
Palace
0 comments
IMG_6057.jpeg
Palace
0 comments
IMG_6058.jpeg
Palace
0 comments
IMG_6059.jpeg
Palace
0 comments
IMG_6060.jpeg
Palace
0 comments
IMG_6062.jpeg
Palace
0 comments
IMG_6063.jpeg
Palace
0 comments
IMG_6047 (1).jpeg
Palace
0 comments

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.