Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/530-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Fan-Tastic fan replacement
6Wheels
120 AC twist wire nut melted
dl_racing427
Engine charging problem
dl_racing427
More Ponies??
dl_racing427
PacBrake Exhaust Brake Butterfly
dl_racing427
Searching new tires Cincinnati OH
DrDon4u
Gauges vs scan gD vs blue fire
MHRookie
Small HWH hydraulic bedroom slide won't slide out
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
Slide out topper material
stillrunning_60@hotmail.com
Rikadoo
Engine charging problem
Grampy OG
More Ponies??
Testdepth
Gary 05 AMB DST
JDCrow
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
The Hales
DrDon4u
cbr046
W7BE_Bob
Slide room lock
eddie4ne
vito.a
Kool-Magic replacement?
Chuck D
Full Throttle Generator
willbo777
Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob
windsorbill06
Oil Pan Replacement?
96 EVO
Full Throttle Generator
willbo777
Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob
MHRookie
Gauges not working
diys1
HarleyR
Full Throttle Generator
willbo777
ok-rver
Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob
Rgilmore
Full Throttle Generator
willbo777
Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob
woodylmiller
German Air Cond
Ray Davis
EGT Gauge Added
CMillet86

My Next New Motor Coach AFTER I Win the Lottery!
JDCrow
15 hours ago, David Pratt said:

This Coach was showcased-back in January and was supposed to be on display at the Tampa Super Show. It did not make the show because of some Technical Difficulties. Newell does make a very fine coach.

After watching the Video and comparing all the amenities that were presented I thought I was watching a Video of my Foretravel. Foretravel has all these systems Integrated into the ih-45 and some in the Realm. The Quality of a Foretravel is superb and the Foretravel Factory Support is excellent. We looked at the Newell prior to purchasing our ih-45 and I just could not see where in the Newell Justification for an additional million bucks. After four years of owning our ih-45 we know we made the right choice. We have put over Forty Thousand miles on our coach with very few issues and all were minor or operator Error. The ih-45,like a Newell and a Prevost Conversion require a whole new learning curve to operate and be familiar with all the technology that these coaches have. 

Andrew must have been listening 

Fan-Tastic fan replacement
6Wheels

MXF Deluxe_Chart, kw042021

Good  $185

Better  $260

Best   $320

eTrailer.com pricing as of 8-30-2021

dl_racing427
On 8/29/2021 at 12:07 AM, Gary Cole said:

If one placed both 120 V legs on one side of the circuit breaker the 2P circuit breaker would still trip at its rated amperage , 50 A for example, when overloaded therefore preventing the neutral from being overloaded.  All the breaker sees is the heat generated by its bi metal strip (small frame breakers). Or if it has instantaneous trip capability a fault going to ground. It doesn't know how many wires there are or what size. However the picture shows what is clearly a series fault. A fault which is not going to ground. An inverse time/instantaneous trip, or fuse for that matter, has no capability of detecting a series fault except in a few very limited circumstances. Unfortunately series faults are responsible for the huge preponderance of electrical related fires. There is a new generation of circuit breaker available when as I understand can detect both types of faults. Some even combine GFCI detection. I mentioned that type earlier in the post. Not to familiar with how they work at the moment. 

Incorrect.  The double-pole breaker will allow 50a n EACH leg, so if the legs are in phase, there could be as much as 100a drawn through the neutral.
This is one place where parks and individuals who bypass permits and code inspectors should be held liable, and prosecuted.

Engine charging problem
dl_racing427
23 hours ago, Grampy OG said:

Yes smart alternator, however that is not the case with an '03 Monaco Executive. 

The BlueFire does hook to the ODB/DATA (like a ScanGauge or Silverleaf) port on the coach. The data comes directly from the engine computer so in my opinion is much more accurate than any analog dash gauges. Back in '03 the Dynasty, Exec, Sig coaches had a system built into the backup monitor that was called Trip Tek. TT preceded Aladin and was much more simplistic. TT also reads the ECU directly and the numbers match what I get on the BlueFire. The BlueFire is just faster to read because I can see all of the data on one screen instead of paging through the multiple pages that TT presents. 

All that being said my alternator still only puts out 13.5 volts and I am wondering if it is just another failure waiting to happen. 

Some alternators have an adjustment on the regulator to set the output voltage.

Replacing the diodes is not a DIY job for most, as these things can be difficult to put together and get the brushes in the right position without some special tools and techniques.
Once you verify it is an alternator problem, best to remove it and take it to a local rebuilder.  Reman alternators may not match the original.

More Ponies??
dl_racing427
14 hours ago, Testdepth said:

I haven’t updated this thread in awhile so thought I would do that. I did install an EGT (preturbo) and ran with it for awhile to see what my temps were doing. Ran some tests by installing a needle valve in the pressure line to the waste gate and varied the setting from normal to completely closed. max boost never changed. To me that pointed to bad/worn turbo or leaky charge air cooler. With only 75k miles on the motor I opted to check the CAC. I built a test fixture I found on YouTube and tested the CAC. Could not get it to pressurize! 

Long story short, found a failed weld with a hole about 3/16 x 5/8”. TIG welded it closed, tested found a couple of pinhole leaks that weren’t weldable so I epoxied them. Retested reinstalled CAC and on initial test drive was able to achieve just over 20# boost. 
I’ll be doing a more extensive test drive to include some longer steep grades to watch boost and EGT.

Nice troubleshooting.  Low boost will cause high EGT's, and will eventually damage your engine.  Good catch.

dl_racing427

With the cylinder disconnected, and no spring force applied, I'd think the butterfly should rotate easily by hand, with only minimal drag.

There may be a return spring on the butterfly itself, instead of in the cylinder though.

DrDon4u

You can get a big discount on RV tires through the HQ Family Motor Coach Association right in Cincinnati OH. Some people have been getting more that $1000 off. That is FMCA.com. They have a discount program for all members. They also have a list of dealers.

MHRookie

All,

if dash gauges start to fail (trans temp & fuel), buying a scan gauge D or the Blue Fire system won’t fix that issue will it?  How does the 6 or 9 pin read fuel levels when a separate sender provides that information?

thanks,

Kurt

bmulvenna@hotmail.com

Still looking for ideas as to where the equalizing cylinder might be located.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mike

2004 Dynasty

stillrunning_60@hotmail.com

need to replace both of my slide toppers on my 02 Monaco Windsor and am looking for feedback on sources. Is this something I could do myself or is it something that I should leave to the professionals. My toppers also extent out to make awning over window.

birdshill123

Andrew is a leach. He latches onto some of the high end consignment dealers that have questionable sales tactics. Andrew has little knowledge of motorhomes. I have seen him flog coaches  that were dogs. Some of the frequent posters in this forum could do a much better job without prostituting their reputation. You tube is full of way too many self proclaimed  experts.

2007 Monaco Dynasty Palace III Ralph Lauren Interior 36,647 mileage $167,999.00 negotiable
birdshill123

Gorgeous coach.  I assume it is a 45 ft. We love our 08 Dynasty but I am jealous!

Ivylog

Finding the synchronizing cylinder is’t going to help you as there’s nothing to be seen. You can equalize the synchronizing cylinder by holding the switch on for 3 to 5 seconds after the slide stops moving in both directions. Yes, this is contrary to what you would think he would do with a hydraulic system. 

I would start by holding the switch in the in position for five seconds and then see if it will go out on its own. If it won’t go out on its own, then have someone push on the end that is’t moving to get the slide to go out and then once out,  keep holding the switch on for 3 to 5 seconds.

it’s a good idea to hold the switch on longer than necessary about every 10 time you  put the slide in or out.

PS: I had a 04 Diamond 4 Dynasty.

Rikadoo

Mornin, the first thing i did was to look at a few you tube vidios and aquaint myself with the effort required, tools needed, vs time for a shop to get it in an do it, what there going to charge. Since i bought my dp i have taught myself many things, plus being bored by staying home it has givin many oppertunitys to know its a job well done. Your topper is like mine in that it extends half way over my window. The biggest issue i had when i did mine was the head of the screw brok off when i tried to unscrew it, so i used a pair of pliers an removed the rest of it. With the way covid has givin so many challanges i would call a few manufactures an see how long its gonna be before they get the replacement made an shipped to you.

Can Microair thermostat send temperature alerts over wifi?
Grampy OG
14 hours ago, windsorbill06 said:

I do it from my phone.  Open app and have window open that is showing your different zones.  Then in the upper right, you see a gear symbol.   Tap that and from there you can add/edit a schedule, turn schedule on/off, check for software updates.  The last one listed is  'notifications'.  Tap that one and it will show upper and lower limits.  Set those to your liking and then tap the bottom button to turn it 'on'

Awesome. I don't know how I overlooked that one. 

Thanks - Ken

Engine charging problem
Grampy OG
2 hours ago, dl_racing427 said:

Some alternators have an adjustment on the regulator to set the output voltage.

Replacing the diodes is not a DIY job for most, as these things can be difficult to put together and get the brushes in the right position without some special tools and techniques.
Once you verify it is an alternator problem, best to remove it and take it to a local rebuilder.  Reman alternators may not match the original.

Thanks very much

More Ponies??
Testdepth

Thank you. Big job. Glad it’s behind me!

Gary 05 AMB DST

Kurt, Silverleaf gives me more than I need.

Gary 05 AMB DST

JDCrow

These guys have been around awhile and have a great reputation for honest, safe methods 

JDCrow
40 minutes ago, birdshill123 said:

Andrew is a leach. He latches onto some of the high end consignment dealers that have questionable sales tactics. Andrew has little knowledge of motorhomes. I have seen him flog coaches  that were dogs. Some of the frequent posters in this forum could do a much better job without prostituting their reputation. You tube is full of way too many self proclaimed  experts.

I don’t focus on Andrew, I focus on the coach. I wouldn’t base any any decision based on his info, let alone a $200K+ decision. And I’m not shaking my booty on corner for anyone 😂😂😂

bmulvenna@hotmail.com
35 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Finding the synchronizing cylinder is’t going to help you as there’s nothing to be seen. You can equalize the synchronizing cylinder by holding the switch on for 3 to 5 seconds after the slide stops moving in both directions. Yes, this is contrary to what you would think he would do with a hydraulic system. 

I would start by holding the switch in the in position for five seconds and then see if it will go out on its own. If it won’t go out on its own, then have someone push on the end that is’t moving to get the slide to go out and then once out,  keep holding the switch on for 3 to 5 seconds.

it’s a good idea to hold the switch on longer than necessary about every 10 time you  put the slide in or out.

PS: I had a 04 Diamond 4 Dynasty.

Yes, we already do that. I have been told by HWH that it is probably the equalizing cylinder, therefore I need to find it so I can continue to troubleshoot with the HWH tech.

The Hales
56 minutes ago, stillrunning_60@hotmail.com said:

need to replace both of my slide toppers on my 02 Monaco Windsor and am looking for feedback on sources. Is this something I could do myself or is it something that I should leave to the professionals. My toppers also extent out to make awning over window.

Chris Throgmartin in Brookville, FLORIDA.  Google  him.

Dr4Film
16 hours ago, David Pratt said:

The Foretravel ih-45 is built from the ground up. it has an all steel welded house structure that is welded to the chassis. IFS front suspension and all the air bags are mounted outboard in line with the tires. The roof is a welded steel truss design.

I would much rather have a steel superstructure than a aluminum one! Good choice, Dave!

DrDon4u

I had all four of slide toppers done in Arizona by Shade Pro for $1200. After watching the guy that did it, there is no way I would attempt to do it myself.

Good luck.

cbr046

If that alan wrench comes loose it will be violent.  I'd tape it in place just in case.

I had the rod break inside the topper at 65mph on the interstate with the previous RV.  It instantly unraveled the topper down the side at speed.  That was fun.  Learned real quick how to uninstall a topper! 

- bob

W7BE_Bob
3 hours ago, dl_racing427 said:

Incorrect.  The double-pole breaker will allow 50a n EACH leg, so if the legs are in phase, there could be as much as 100a drawn through the neutral.
This is one place where parks and individuals who bypass permits and code inspectors should be held liable, and prosecuted.

Correct since for 120/240V service the neutral carries the difference of the the 2 hot legs amps. This is why the neutral wire is the same size as the hot wires as the maximum amps is 50A. If the 2 hot wires are connected to the same hot side of the transformer then the neutal can carry 100A and the wiring is not adequate.

The best term for 120/240V service is split phase which is a single phase center taped (neutral) transformer wiring.

120/240V 50A service is single phase but often referred to as each phase, 2 phase etc. Very often misunderstoof.

Slide room lock
eddie4ne

On our 2002 Windsor, we removed the slide locks because the rear- at stove- got stuck while retracting the slide, and as a result it bent and continued to hang up. After removing we drove without anything to secure it UNTIL while going around a corner the top was starting to lean out! Afterwards we put cut to length pieces of 2x4s at each end. We decided to put the front slide lock back on and are now just using the 2x4 at the rear of the slide. Before reinstalling, we took it apart and serviced all of the components inside. I feel much more secure with at least one lock on while traveling.

vito.a

I agree.   The FMCA Tire Program can save you some money.  You can check tire prices before joining.    https://fmca.com/rv-tires-discounts

Another source is simpletire.com.  They will ship tires to your choice of installers.  They have great pricing on Toyo tires.   

Kool-Magic replacement?
Chuck D

I have an almost complete Cool-Matic that is extra and would be willing to part with some of the parts.

Email me if you have an interest.

cduck1763 at aol.com

Full Throttle Generator
willbo777

Has anyone had any experience with a Flight Systems control board?  $595 vs $930, and with a 2 year warranty.  Or even Dinosaur?

JDCrow
3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I would much rather have a steel superstructure than a aluminum one! Good choice, Dave!

Yeah I agree. The one thing I didn’t know was Newell and Aluminum super structure. I thought is was great they use Aluminum for their exterior walls. I guess that’s one way to avoid delamination. At these prices though I’d think you can afford to have whatever fixed 

Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob
17 minutes ago, willbo777 said:

Has anyone had any experience with a Flight Systems control board?  $595 vs $930, and with a 2 year warranty.  Or even Dinosaur?

Interesting???? Did you get your fuel lines in? 

Bill I booked a online/phone conference with Flight Controllers to discuss our issues with the generators. Meeting is set for Tuesday 9/7/21. Maybe they will have some insight or thoughts on causes.

birdshill123

It is great that Foretravel was sold and remains in business. I am told they have an amazing service dept.  Although Prevost's do tend ro be complicated Prevost does have many service centre's. Of course that is for the chassis. My fave is the Marathon. I have been to the factory twice and it is impressive.  They have 2 or maybe 3 locations. There are a number of dealers for various Prevost convertors that can do all kinds of service work including complete new interiors. But costly.

tomevansfl
On 8/29/2021 at 9:44 AM, David Pratt said:

This Coach was showcased-back in January and was supposed to be on display at the Tampa Super Show. It did not make the show because of some Technical Difficulties. Newell does make a very fine coach.

After watching the Video and comparing all the amenities that were presented I thought I was watching a Video of my Foretravel. Foretravel has all these systems Integrated into the ih-45 and some in the Realm. The Quality of a Foretravel is superb and the Foretravel Factory Support is excellent. We looked at the Newell prior to purchasing our ih-45 and I just could not see where in the Newell Justification for an additional million bucks. After four years of owning our ih-45 we know we made the right choice. We have put over Forty Thousand miles on our coach with very few issues and all were minor or operator Error. The ih-45,like a Newell and a Prevost Conversion require a whole new learning curve to operate and be familiar with all the technology that these coaches have. 

Yes, Foretravel makes a nice coach, no denying it. However, I like Newell because it is the only coach with active steering tag. It also has active suspension. Supposedly the two make for a fine driving coach. 

windsorbill06
6 hours ago, MHRookie said:

All,

if dash gauges start to fail (trans temp & fuel), buying a scan gauge D or the Blue Fire system won’t fix that issue will it?  How does the 6 or 9 pin read fuel levels when a separate sender provides that information?

thanks,

Kurt

Kurt,

As far as the BlueFire goes, it will read whatever is coming to your diagnostic port.  Each coach is different, so unless you know of someone that has your same vintage coach, you'll have to get the BF and experiment.  When I bought mine, they were very assuring that if I didn't like it for whatever reason, they would take it back.  

It will not read your fuel.  You program in your fuel tank size (gallons) and when you fill it up, you tell BF.  The BF will calculate the fuel remaining by the ECM.  It doesn't take into account generator and/or AquaHot.

Oil Pan Replacement?
96 EVO

Yes.

ESCO Lyght  LPT50BRD

Full Throttle Generator
willbo777

Sounds very interesting.  The fuel line goes on tomorrow.  I'll let you know, hopefully without a lot of drama.  By the way, how many hours do you have on your gen?  We have 1725.

Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob

705 hrs. I just put on the 4th fuel filter in the last 100 hrs. I have this down to about a 10 minute job. The fuel that drained from the filter yesterday was a little grey in color. After installing a new fuel filter it runs great for about 2 hrs. 

MHRookie
2 hours ago, windsorbill06 said:

Kurt,

As far as the BlueFire goes, it will read whatever is coming to your diagnostic port.  Each coach is different, so unless you know of someone that has your same vintage coach, you'll have to get the BF and experiment.  When I bought mine, they were very assuring that if I didn't like it for whatever reason, they would take it back.  

It will not read your fuel.  You program in your fuel tank size (gallons) and when you fill it up, you tell BF.  The BF will calculate the fuel remaining by the ECM.  It doesn't take into account generator and/or AquaHot.

Windsorbill06…. Thanks for your reply.  I figured that’s how the BF worked.  Back to troubleshooting.  Happy trails.

Kurt

Gauges not working
diys1
On 8/29/2021 at 3:23 PM, Ivan K said:

Could the positive be coming from ignition solenoid in FRB that might have failed? When mine was going out, it would also effect dash fan a cruise. Different coach so just a wild guess.

Good idea from IvanK so I found the Ignition relay(omron 7866) there were several on that board so I took the brake light one out and put it in the ignition and no luck. There is one in the back bay but not labeled so don't know which one it is. I have checked all the fuses that I have found and wires and don't see anything wrong. I don't know if the cruise control is working but Tach, oil, and voltage not working.

Still open to suggestions and still searching.

HarleyR

It's not rocket science. Have you ever used a roll up window shades? Same principle. I priced replacements for my four toppers from Carefree... at a fairly hefty cost. I had to locate a serial number on each unit for a "perfect replacement". 

A friend suggested another RV shop who keep a supply of generic vinyl toppers. They simply cut to size and charge by the inch. Worked out to be 25% of the cost. Call around in your area.

If you have 2 or 3 able-bodied people, it's not a difficult job. Great videos on YouTube. Just find one to match your make and model. 

I saved hundreds! $$$

Full Throttle Generator
willbo777

Just had an interesting talk with Cummins in Salt Lake City.  I called to see availability for a 300-5961 control board and was told no availability, no replacement part info, and then was on hold for over 40 minutes when I gave up trying to get some info.  What is particularly interesting is that part number is supposedly in stock on Cummins website and available for shipping, but if the fuel line doesn't work I am leaning hard towards the Flight Systems board.

ok-rver

Picked these up a Locke Supply in Tulsa OK. They had several sizes and also straight thru connections. With my discount, they were $8 each. Twist nuts are maybe $0.50 to Monaco so you see why they are not used. Ran 19 amps thru a combination of the red and black but all thru the white. Checked temperature with infrared gun and no change. Will pull cover off at a campsite connected to 50 amp service and recheck temperatures in the near future. I am comfortable with the new connectors. Middle picture, lower right ports are for wire. Upper left are access to the set screws. These had Allen set screws and made it very easy to tighten. It was a bit tight getting the 6 ga stranded wire into the 4 ga hole in clamp.

HRS elec con 69.JPG

HRS elec con 67.JPG

HRS elec con 65.JPG

My travel electrical bag did not have any copper crimp rings big enough for the ground. I will do that the next time I am in the J-box

Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob

I found 4 places on the interweb with the OEM part in stock for the same price or a little less than Cummins. I am leaning towards the Flight Systems as well.

Rgilmore

I replaced my Zipdee awning material myself. I used material from Stone Voss in brooksville, Florida- friendly people and good quality product. Mine is also the topper that extends into an awning as well. I found it a bit challenging but definitely doable if you are handy. You will need 2 people for the longer toppers. I have a 14’ and 8’ slide. 

There is probably a manual for your awnings online somewhere- I found one for mine. 

413B4CA8-8661-4151-A457-34C9AD8FDC5A.jpeg

Full Throttle Generator
willbo777

I couldn't wait, after this week I will be on the move again with hot weather forecast, so I ordered a board from Flight Systems.  Everything I can find on the web is positive about them.  Fuel line tomorrow and hopefully board on Thursday.

Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob
5 minutes ago, willbo777 said:

I couldn't wait, after this week I will be on the move again with hot weather forecast, so I ordered a board from Flight Systems.  Everything I can find on the web is positive about them.  Fuel line tomorrow and hopefully board on Thursday.

I was reading the instructions from Flight Systems. The instructions are very clear and to the point. Are you going to put in the board or have a shop do it? It will be interesting to see if the fuel line replacement makes any difference. Where are you headed? Hot weather forecast is an everyday occurrence here.

woodylmiller

I got 8 TOYO's from "easy-tire.com".  $4,000 for the 8 including all taxes and shipping right to the house by FEDEX.  Got the tires in 2-3 days.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

German Air Cond
Ray Davis

There's a new name in town,  Truma.    I've never heard of it but having options are good for consumers.   It is not available to the after market yet.   They claim quieter operation while using less elect.  No heat pump,  cool only.   Looks a lot like my old Penguins.

https://go.truma.net/aventa    Truma Aventa Innovative

EGT Gauge Added
CMillet86

On my 94 Dynasty with the 8.3. I had issues with high EGTs. I ended up installing a larger more modern Borgwarner S362 turbo. It was a direct bolt on affair for the most part. Lowered my EGTs about 2-300 degrees while increasing boost over 5-6 psi. I had also tweaked the P-pump for more power. She was downright sporty with the Borg. I may end up putting a slightly larger version on my newer Dynasty 8.9. 

Sani-con 600S
Brett63

How many have replaced the factory Sani-con 400s macerator with the new 600S macerator and did you use existing switch and coach wireing or did you run new heavier wire straight from the batts to the Sani-con supplied toggle switch?

Screen door hinge
mpgast

2007 HR Neptune 

Need a source for hinges for the screen door. It is aluminum and split at one of the bends. 

Gauges not working
Ivan K

I once had a single wire chewed apart between dash and FRB, right by the floor conduit. One out of a hundred in the bundle. It was for ABS retard but the point is, if I did not have a tone tracer, I would still be looking for it. Maybe something to try to help you figure out where the other end of the positive lead goes?

Sani-con 600S
Johnny Mo

I replaced my original Sani-con a couple of years ago with a 600 and ran an 8 gauge power wire to the house batteries. Also used the switch that came with the pump.

2005 Signature passenger front HWH X-Slide chain replacement
pwhittle

I had heard some unusual noises from the rear of the front passenger slide and found a couple of rollers had broken off the chain. I was aware of the problem from @Mocephus’s similar issue just after we met in Ocala. I ordered new chains from Paul Maddox.

I tried to replace the rear chain in place (like I saw on YouTube) and quickly decided I couldn’t do it. I removed the slide mechanism and replaced the chain on the bench and replaced the mechanism. (That was a lot easier to write than do. I had to my giant frien Ed to come help me get it out. I just could not lift it by myself from behind the Corian countertop. I also had to remove the trim piece from above the fridge to get it out.)

I spoke to Paul Maddox again and he said to disconnect the other end from the slide, remove everything that was hanging off it top and bottom, and then cycle the mechanism to get the air out and to synchronize the cylinders.

I started to disconnect the top and bottom mounts on the front of the slide, but they seem to be bound up and it is not clear how I can get enough clearance to get this apart. It is also unclear how I would exercise the slide without hitting the slide and causing damage. Perhaps I have to disassemble some more to create the necessary clearance. I have the vertical wood trim removed, but not the aluminum angle.

I found @CountryB’s post over on IRV2 https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/hwh-x-slide-question-how-do-you-get-the-cyl-out-425180.html and spoke to Mike today, and will call him again tomorrow.

Has anyone else worked on these before?

We2dynasty

The butterfly should rotate easily.  Ours was frozen when we purchased our unit.  Took it apart as far as possible, cleaned and lubed it.  I decided to use Permatex Anti-Seize for lube due to it's high melting point of 1600 Degrees F.  Much higher than the recommended SuperLube.  Mine doesn't have a return spring.  It opens when the air is released.  Good luck with your project and God bless, Ed

German Air Cond
96 EVO

Can ya take it without the baby?

Not ready to do that again 🤔!

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.