Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/531-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

German Air Cond
96 EVO
Slide out topper material
frankogrly
Entry door
Steven
Entry door
jacwjames
Entry door
dleeadkins
Entry door
jacwjames
Entry door
dleeadkins
Searching new tires Cincinnati OH
Yoaks5
Entry door
hilrunr
Full Throttle Generator
willbo777
Any inverter recommendations?
planodp
Entry door
Luther Taylor
Screen door hinge
genemenne
German Air Cond
Ray Davis
Keep Mickey MOUSE out
Dennis H
Entry door
Corkman
House battery??
MHRookie
Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob
Entry door
Chuck B
Entry door
Dr4Film
House batterys
RS lakeshore
House batterys
JDCrow
Entry door
Nevada Rob
House batterys
Tom Wallis
House batterys
DavidL
House battery??
Tom Wallis
Entry door
Chuck B
House batterys
Vince Toscano
House batterys
Nevada Rob
Exhaust Overheating Code (1966)
Gospel
Screen door hinge
Dr4Film
House battery??
Vince Toscano
Full Throttle Generator
willbo777
Entry door
Nevada Rob
Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob
House battery??
Ivylog
Ivylog
Dr4Film
Entry door
Gary 05 AMB DST
House battery??
vito.a
House batterys
Gary 05 AMB DST
Entry door
hilrunr
Gospel
House battery??
MHRookie
House battery??
Ray Davis
PacBrake Exhaust Brake Butterfly
rotorwrinch

German Air Cond
96 EVO

Can ya take it without the baby?

Not ready to do that again 🤔!

frankogrly

Call Stone Voss in Florida. Great help, best material.

Frank O

01 Endeavor

Entry door
Steven

The entry door opens easily from the inside but very difficult and hard to open from the outside. I must push in hard while pulling on handle to open from outside the motorhome.

I did have a tech try to adjust the 2 bolts on door frame to no avail. the u shaped striker upper and lower seem to line up with the bolts . The door closes perfectly but not opening without pushing in on the door just above the deadbolt key lock.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve.

2004 Monaco Windsor 40DST

Entry door
jacwjames

Mine was doing the same thing, getting progressively worse.  Ultimately I ended up getting locked out. 

I fixed by taking the inside panels off to gain access to the mechanism and adjusting the linkage inside the door.  Once I figured out which one to adjust it was a couple minute job but taking off and putting back on the inside panel took a couple hours. 

I believe there may be a writeup in the files section under "Doors and Latches"

Entry door
dleeadkins

I have worked on mine a couple of times. There is a couple of adjusting options once you get into the door. Anyone with an eye for the mechanical operation can figure it out after getting inside the door. I first had the same problem you are having. I determined that the bushing (that is discussed in the write up in the files here) was not worn out and that led me to a “turnbuckle” that I was able to shorten. Making the mechanism much easier to open (from the outside). My wife and I joked that it was the best upgrade we had ever done to the coach. Contact me if you think I can help.

Entry door
jacwjames

Adjusting the turnbuckle was the same thing I did. 

Entry door
dleeadkins

Here is the adjustment I made highlighted in yellow. It shortens the length of pull and removes “slack “ in the outside door handle.

4BDA51B0-E2FE-4131-985A-B4375563F88E.jpeg

Door Bushing Replacement & Latch Adjustment.pdf

Searching new tires Cincinnati OH
Yoaks5

I just had 8 Hercules tires installed by motorhometires.com. $4400 total and they came to my house to install. They hire a location tire company to do the install. Date codes were 8-21. The places I checked said the selection of available tire is getting slim. I see the same tires I installed are now $5100. I was planning on waiting till spring but mine were 9 years old on the rear and I wanted to make sure we could get them. Also thinking the price will continue to go up. 

Entry door
hilrunr

This is an excellent depiction of what is necessary to make the adjustment. I have been having the same problem. Your detailed drawing mitigates my concern about tackling this job myself. Is this drawing from the user manual? If not, what other resource do you have for information? 

I have a 2007 HR Ambassador that needs added freon for the dash AC. Having watched some instructional you tubes (on a Winnebego RV) I assume the high and low pressure lines are mounted to the firewall. When I drop the front panel I see lots of stuff attached and a myriad of covered wires dissappearing into the firewall. I am unable to find a depiction of the firewall naming the various componenets attached to it. Any suggestions?

Full Throttle Generator
willbo777

Yes, I plan to install the board myself, seems quite straightforward.  We are in Montana right now and will be making our south to Lubbock, then eastward. 

Any inverter recommendations?
planodp

I been following Will Prowse for a long time and even brought his book. I also watch the majority of his youtube. I'm also worry about AliExpress but I see Will P get a lot of his stuff from AliExpress. Have anyone try batteryevo.com? They have a refurbish 12V Battery Lithium 150Ah 2 kWh 200A BMS LiFePO4 LFP for $549.00. Keep us posted on how you mount the Victron Multiplus II.

Entry door
Luther Taylor

Watch this, perhaps it will help
Good Luck buddy. 

Screen door hinge
genemenne

Try Challenger Door.  They make doors for motor homes, travel trailers, etc.

Gene M.

German Air Cond
Ray Davis
6 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Can ya take it without the baby?

Not ready to do that again 🤔!

Nope, ya gotta take the baby.  😱   Anyway it'll make you young again,   won't it?  😂

Keep Mickey MOUSE out
Dennis H

For the water and electrical hoses, I simply use a rag. Cheap easy solution. Wet the rag and wrap it around the hose and place it in the compartment. When the rag dries, it fills all the gaps. Mouse traps are cheap and efficient. I paid $1.97 for four at Home Depot the other day.....Dennis

Entry door
Corkman

We have had problems over the years similar to yours, where we had to push in the door "in", while pulling on the handle to open the entry door. I feel like sometimes the RV was not level and this is causing this issue. Other times I have lubricated the two mechanisms on the door that latch to the striker bolts. I eventually loosened the striker bolts, closed and opened the door, so that the striker bolts could adjust themselves, and tightened the striker bolts again, trying not to let them move as I tightened the nut on the end of the bolt. I found, at least for me, that I can not rally tighten the nut too much, or the striker bolt would move too much and the door was once again hard to open.

Hope this helps, it's a lot easier than opening up the guts of the locking mechanism.

My Next New Motor Coach AFTER I Win the Lottery!
David Pratt
19 hours ago, tomevansfl said:

Yes, Foretravel makes a nice coach, no denying it. However, I like Newell because it is the only coach with active steering tag. It also has active suspension. Supposedly the two make for a fine driving coach. 

Foretravel introduced the ih-45 in 2012, The coach is a custom built coach. When you spec'd out the coach to be built you had a choice of either a lifting tag axle or a steerable tag axle. All the ih-45 coaches are built with the HWH Active AIr Suspension system and IFS. The HWH Active Air System is quite the system and make driving the coach a very comfortable amazing driving experience. Foretravel discontinued the lifting tag axle in 2018 and now only the steerable tag axle is available.

The REALM that is built on the new SPARTAN GT Chassis has the steerable tag and active air system. The Entegra Cornerstone and the NEWMAR Essex and King air that are built on the SPARTAN GT chassis also have the Steerable Tag axle and active air system.

House battery??
MHRookie

All,

My manual calls for 4 6v 450 AH U2200 batteries.  Here’s  the question… would buying higher capacity batteries benefit or cause problems?  Looking to upgrade to AGM batteries and noticed 3 sizes in the lifeline series.  Coach is all stock, no adds of solar panels.  Will the larger size batteries stress the charger and cause me problems?

I still have to origininal mod sine inverter/charger 2012 unit.

this is in my 2003 Dynasty 42’ coach.

Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob

Please post up results of fuel line replacement and control board install. I don't know who is more excited about getting it fixed, you or me??? If the board is the cure then I will order one asap. It was 113 degreeeeeeesss here yesterday.

Entry door
Chuck B

There is a easy instruction on how to adjust the entrance door outside handle in the group files.  IMO, the you tube instruction takes you around the block to get across the street.  To me, it's hard to understand and follow.  You can print the instructions to use while adjusting instead of trying to use the video.  

When you pull the outside handle, if the handle comes almost all the way out before the door open, you need to make the adjustment.  The door should open when the handle reaches about half the travel.  That is being proactive.  Good luck, Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Entry door
Dr4Film

For those with door opening problems, you should be in great shape after downloading the instructions that have been posted in the FILES section by Chuck B, using the diagram posted above and the YouTube Video posted above regardless of whether you tackle the job yourself OR give all of this information to a "qualified" RV Service Tech who is familiar with these doors. It isn't that difficult.

Can Microair thermostat send temperature alerts over wifi?
Bob Blackmon
On 8/29/2021 at 6:37 PM, 96 EVO said:

Any idea if this thermostat would work with say 2 older Dometic heat pumps, and one new model?

2008 isn't old! Do they have like thermostats? If yes they will work.

House batterys
RS lakeshore

I have 8 house batterys that are in separate trays and I need to remove them to refurbish the trays and reinstall.  We are living in the motorhome and need the 12volt available. Can 4 batterys be done at a time and still maintain the 12volts needed? We are connected to 50amp service where we are staying. Thanks

House batterys
JDCrow
2 minutes ago, RS lakeshore said:

I have 8 house batterys that are in separate trays and I need to remove them to refurbish the trays and reinstall.  We are living in the motorhome and need the 12volt available. Can 4 batterys be done at a time and still maintain the 12volts needed? We are connected to 50amp service where we are staying. Thanks

You’ll need to take the 12 volt off line I would think. So no lights/furnace  until your project done. 

Entry door
Nevada Rob

I have a 2007 HR Ambassador that needs added freon for the dash AC. Having watched some instructional you tubes (on a Winnebego RV) I assume the high and low pressure lines are mounted to the firewall. When I drop the front panel I see lots of stuff attached and a myriad of covered wires dissappearing into the firewall. I am unable to find a depiction of the firewall naming the various componenets attached to it. Any suggestions?

I just added R134A to my Dynasty using AC Pro product from the AutoZone. My low and high pressure ports are in the engine compartment near the compressor. I have a side radiator so that may be why they are back there. Easy to see the engine. The process was very easy. The fitting will only fit the low pressure side. I need to get another can. Buy the one with the better gauge. Cost was about $45.

House batterys
Tom Wallis

As long as the 4 batteries that you leave in are properly connected to the coach and converter you shouldn't have any problems doing it that way.

House batterys
DavidL

I would power down the rig, do your work, put it together, reconnect and power it on.

Doing otherwise isn't worth frying a lot of equipment.

I assume it's going to take less than a day to do the work.  Get your parts ahead of time.

If you are careful, I guess you can use 4 batteries outputting 12 volts to feed the system...but are these two sets of 4 batteries running in parallel?  Or are devices on one set of batteries, and the second set is used for other devices?  

I would just take it offline and work efficiently...

House battery??
Tom Wallis

Other than adding weight or taking up space, more battery capacity is always an advantage. Your charger should be fine.

Entry door
Chuck B

Nevada Rob, What does dash AC needing Freon has to do with adjusting the entrance door?  You need to start a new topic.  That makes it easier for those members who need to follow the topic.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

House batterys
Vince Toscano

yes you can configure 4 batteries to supply 12 vdc. Series 2 of the batteries and the other 2 batteries in parallel with the other 2 batteries. 

House batterys
Nevada Rob

You can run on two 6 volt batteries hooked up in series to equal 12 volts. Being tied into shore power running through your charger/inverter will will maintain your batteries as long as you don't try to run the entire coach on them. If they are in two trays like mine I would do one tray at a time. There will possibly be a short period of time when there will be no 12 volt power as you disconnect the battery banks and get your cables squared away. I did mine this way when I replaced the 6 volt batteries and went with the big 12 volt AGM LifeLine batteries. I cut my connections in half, much cleaner install, no water/acid mess to deal with. We boondock camp 95% of the time and the batteries have performed outstanding.

96 EVO
22 minutes ago, Bob Blackmon said:

2008 isn't old! Do they have like thermostats? If yes they will work.

All 3 are controlled by the same thermostat.

Gospel

I have an issue with my 2008 Monaco Knight engine @ ISC 360 exhaust overheating code (1966) It did not bring up the icon the first three time then did on the forth time, engine died took three times to restart, all the time it died was while climbing  a high altitude pass Question can a sensor on the exhaust system kill the engine? And what should I do, new Class A RVer. 

Screen door hinge
Dr4Film

Without a photo of the hinge that you have it will be difficult to help you. Don't know if your screen door is the same as what I have for a screen door.

The hinges on my entry and screen doors are integrated together and would require replacing the entire hinge not only for the screen door including the entry door.

Can you possibly remove the hinge and have some one weld it back together?

House battery??
Vince Toscano

the only issue that can be causes if the batteries are being drained so low that the charger will be maxed out. Any time you max any device you add undue stress. Find out what capability of your charger and compare it to what your batteries will need at different percentages of charge needed to bring to being full charge. If you plan to change the inverter charger out to meet the demand of the new battery configuration you may what to look at what is available in the market place. 

Full Throttle Generator
willbo777

I will as soon as I get it done.  I planned to do it today, but unexpected visitors puts it off to tomorrow, and I just upped my control board order to overnight so I am hoping to do both tomorrow.  I will keep you posted.

Entry door
Nevada Rob
17 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

Nevada Rob, What does dash AC needing Freon has to do with adjusting the entrance door?  You need to start a new topic.  That makes it easier for those members who need to follow the topic.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Further up in the post hilrunr, Mr. Mark Fell asked the question about the A/C. I copied and pasted his question. I was attempting to offer him a suggestion and maybe I should have told him to stay with the class and not muddy the waters with a question within a question. I appreciate your input and I will make every effort with my limited capacities to do better in the future.

Full Throttle Generator
Nevada Rob

Lord grant me patients, and I want it right now. Have a great day and good luck on the install.

House battery??
Ivylog

Won’t hurt anything to go with more amp hours but the 2012 inverter/charger is a POS as it will not charge 100 A. That rating is that 130 votes so the best I ever saw out of one is 70 A because on the generator it charges even fewer amps than shore power. I added an additional 100 amp charger to reduce my generator run time when Boondocking.

Ivylog

Good question although I would think it would derate the engine allowing it to cool down instead of killing it which would raise the water temperature. 
When on a long climb it’s better to manually downshift and keep the rpms around 1800 for better cooling.

Dr4Film

I had Shade Pro replace all of my awning material on the entire coach back in 2009 while staying in California. Well they only lasted a few years before the thread and stitching started to come apart. The large slide-topper awning got so bad that they had to resew it in 2014 but it was a total waste of money and time.

I then found Stone Vos Inc. in Florida and ordered all new material in 2015 and had Elkart RV install the material on my way beck from Alaska. Stone Vos is the ONLY shop I would trust as they have the very BEST material, they use LIFETIME thread and also do double stitching plus they have the BEST warranty in the business..

If you go any place other than Stone Vos you are simply throwing your money into the wind.

Entry door
Gary 05 AMB DST

I broke my outer door handle because of it being hard to open. Just a warning.

Gary 05 AMB DST

House battery??
vito.a

Kurt, something is wrong with your 6v U2200 battery capacity spec.  Most of these are 225 AH each, not 450.  When you connect two 225ah 6V batteries to make a 12v battery your capacity remains 225ah, but the voltage is doubled from 6 to 12. 

Your limitation is space for extra batteries.  Using the existing upper battery tray for house batteries all you can fit are four 225AH 6V batteries connected in series-parallel.  The total capacity for four 6v batteries connected in this manor is 450ah.  

Trojan and Lifeline make taller batteries that will slightly increase capacity but you will need to take some careful measurements.  

You should have a storage space behind the battery bay that can be used.  The coaches that came with a residential refrigerator add extra house batteries to this area. 

You can also switch to LiFePO2 batteries for extra capacity.   Theoretically you should not discharge your lead acid batteries below 50% as it shortens their life.  You can discharge lithium batteries to 10% without negative effects.   By switching to lithium you can effectively double your capacity.  The downside is lithium is expensive and has temperature limitations.

Personally, I decided not to jump into the lithium battery foray (yet).  I purchased four Trojan T-105 GC2 golf cart batteries.  I found them at a golf cart store for $120 each.  Four of these they fit well into the upper battery tray.  So far, they will run my residential refrigerator twice as long as my old NAPA GC2 batteries.  

Hope this helps.  

House batterys
Gary 05 AMB DST

Or you could put two batteries in series on the ground and connect them to wherever they go.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Entry door
hilrunr
1 hour ago, Chuck B said:

Sorry, new to the forum. I was actually more interested in sourcing the diagram.

I understand your point  putting an off topic question in the discussion.

Gospel
8 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Good question although I would think it would derate the engine allowing it to cool down instead of killing it which would raise the water temperature. 
When on a long climb it’s better to manually downshift and keep the rpms around 1800 for better cooling.

I did down shift, Only did this when going thru hi passes 9-12k high. The engine water never got hot. The code on the computer was 1966 which relates to the exhaust system regeneration. Their are three sensor but my understanding is that they will not shut the coach down. 

House battery??
MHRookie
8 minutes ago, vito.a said:

Kurt, something is wrong with your 6v U2200 battery capacity spec.  Most of these are 225 AH each, not 450.  When you connect two 225ah 6V batteries to make a 12v battery your capacity remains 225ah, but the voltage is doubled from 6 to 12. 

Your limitation is space for extra batteries.  Using the existing upper battery tray for house batteries all you can fit are four 225AH 6V batteries connected in series-parallel.  The total capacity for four 6v batteries connected in this manor is 450ah.  

Trojan and Lifeline make taller batteries that will slightly increase capacity but you will need to take some careful measurements.  

You should have a storage space behind the battery bay that can be used.  The coaches that came with a residential refrigerator add extra house batteries to this area. 

You can also switch to LiFePO2 batteries for extra capacity.   Theoretically you should not discharge your lead acid batteries below 50% as it shortens their life.  You can discharge lithium batteries to 10% without negative effects.   By switching to lithium you can effectively double your capacity.  The downside is lithium is expensive and has temperature limitations.

Personally, I decided not to jump into the lithium battery foray (yet).  I purchased four Trojan T-105 GC2 golf cart batteries.  I found them at a golf cart store for $120 each.  Four of these they fit well into the upper battery tray.  So far, they will run my residential refrigerator twice as long as my old NAPA GC2 batteries.  

Hope this helps.  

I don’t boondock enough to justify lithium.  Looking for AGM so compartment stays cleaner vs the lead acid maintenance.  I’d have to modify my compartment to add any batteries.  Then a larger inverter/charger is required.  I don’t boondock enough to need the inverter update either…. I just want to make sure I don’t install something that will overload and cause a fire or meltdown).  Sticking with stock sometimes is simpler I guess.

House battery??
Ray Davis

We had a member,  Bill G ( RIP ) that bought AGM batteries at either Sam's club or Costco, I can't remember which one.   However at that time they were only available    east of the Miss River and only sporadically at some stores.   Maybe someone else bought them too and will chime in with more info.

rotorwrinch

Ed,

Thanks for the reply. Would you kindly share how far you were able to disassemble the butterfly assembly? I talked to the tech line yesterday when they first opened. The tech advised against disassembly saying I would likely never get it back together in working order. I did not go into a personal history, but I have worked on everything from a stone axe to a turbine engine fuel control and would normally be a candidate for being the guy that can fix what others have no business touching. The assembly has already been mounted in a lathe and center drilled, milled and threaded for access and a zerk fitting on the blind bushing side. A firm believer in taking advantage of hard earned experience. Wanting for all I can absorb while waiting on parts. THNX Rj

windsorbill06
1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

All 3 are controlled by the same thermostat.

Ben,

Their tech support is really good.  They even answered a couple questions of mine on a sunday.  I'd reach out to them and give them the details of your 3 units.  My particular thermostat can handle up to 4 roof airs, if I had that many.

www.microair.net

96 EVO

Yeah, I haven't needed to replace any of the originals 'yet', so I'm sure as long as I ordered the correct model, it would work with what I have.

Was just wondering if this new magical thermostat would work with a combination of old and new boards.

House batterys
JDCrow
2 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Or you could put two batteries in series on the ground and connect them to wherever they go.

Gary 05 AMB DST

This^^^^^^

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow

Ugg was hoping this was the battery for the Dip, but it’s for the 5ver. Dip battery should be here this week. 

25DDCBCD-2B95-4517-86A9-DAEF6B40F0E5.jpeg

FA56EC9F-F0BD-4578-B072-FACC160A55E2.jpeg

Portable supplemental braking unit
Gary 05 AMB DST

15 years, time for a new portable supplemental brake. My Roadmaster Evenbrake has passed away. Looked at the new Evenbrake and it isn't a easy connection to the auto's brake light setup. Looking at Blue Ox Patriot 3 brake system. Does anyone have one?

Gary 05 AMB DST

David Pratt

Take look at the RVI3 auxiliary brake system. I have been using one for over six years and never a problem. Small, light and easy to set up,LESS THAN A MINUTE. Great customer service also.

Dr4Film

I have had a RVIBrake-2 System for a number of years and just recently sold it on Craigslist as I found a used upgraded RVIBrake-3 for sale locally.

They are the most user friendly very light and portable plus only a few minutes to setup and take down.

Plus it is far less expensive than the bulky Blue-Ox Patriot. You won't be disappointed with the quality and performance of the RVIBrake System no matter whether you have version 2 or 3.

Air Conditioner /thermostat
wayne.cerven@gmail.com

A couple months ago I posted a question in regards to my front /Galley thermostat zone 3, I have not used the coach since November,  did some repairs , always plug in, started regularly and so on, long story short, I think Richard responded and mentioned to clean the telephone cables at the air conditioner and thermostat,  I did spray a electronic cleaner, today I turn it on, the screen has a display for say 10 seconds and goes out, so I have not solved the problem, I do have another dometic thermostat (new) that I put in and nothing, it seems to work when it wants to, It would be nice to have the front Air working, I am more concerned about the heat in that join once we start to travel in the Fall, any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Man I miss John!

Thanks

Wayne

1999 Signature Caesar 

House battery??
David White

The AGM 6v house battery that Bill G recommended was the Duracell AGM Golf Cart Battery- group size GC2.  It is sold at SamsClub stores and made by East Penn, which makes many of the better batteries today.  SamsClub has a great price.

Gary 05 AMB DST
1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

I have had a RVIBrake-2 System for a number of years and just recently sold it on Craigslist as I found a used upgraded RVIBrake-3 for sale locally.

They are the most used friendly very light and portable plus only a few minutes to setup and take down.

Plus it is far less expensive than the bulky Blue-Ox Patriot. You won't be disappointed with the quality and performance of the RVIBrake System no matter whether you have version 2 or 3.

Do you have the command center?

Gary 05 AMB DST

Entry door
ncsteve

I need to make this adjustment to our coach. I am sure my DW would love me even more than she already does! 

Dr4Film
48 minutes ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Do you have the command center?

The command center hub and a tablet come with the RVIBrake3.

The RVIBrake2 comes with a wireless monitor.

Fonman

Did you happen to look and see if the contacts on roof end of the cable were green?

FishAR

Following since I have to get a tow set up for my 2010 Silverado. Been looking at ready brake system but not sure.

Ray Davis

Richard is still probably correct about the phone cables,  but just spraying is not likely to get the job done.   You'll need to at least unplug and plug back in a few times

to hopefully clean the metal contacts.

BTW,  who is John? 

wayne.cerven@gmail.com

Thanks guys

I did open and cleaned the connection at the air conditioner, I will try to clean them up some more at both ends.

Ray ,I was talking about John Haggard 

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Ray Davis
3 minutes ago, wayne.cerven@gmail.com said:

Thanks guys

I did open and cleaned the connection at the air conditioner, I will try to clean them up some more at both ends.

Ray ,I was talking about John Haggard 

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Thanks Wayne,  Sorry I didn't make the connection.   I miss John too.   We are losing to many.

vito.a

Wayne, do you still have the original 1999 four button thermostats?

They are very unreliable and many of us converted these older A/C systems to the five button thermostats.  

When you plug in a new/different thermostat it must be programmed to the A/C control boards.  There is a small black switch on the bottom.  First, slide it to off.  Then plug in the RJ11 telephone cable.  

Simultaniously depress both the top and bottom push buttons and slide the on/off switch on.  You should see "FF" in the display window.  

Now you can select A/C and the desired temperature. 

Another caution.  It takes 5 min for the system to respond to changes in thermostat settings.  

DeOxit is the best electrical cleaner I've found.

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-D5S-6-DeoxIT-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B00006LVEU/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=deoxit&qid=1630451763&sr=8-4

wayne.cerven@gmail.com

Vito

Yes I am still using 4 button controller, I did buy the new one you are describing,  I will follow your instructions in the morning with a coffee and it should work.I bought the new one in Minneapolis before COVID and the guys in the parts department had no Idea how to program it to the Air Conditioner,  now that you say that I remember the FF coming up but did not understand what to do next, may have read the instructions at some point and seen that but been so long who knows!

Thank you very much

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Seeking source for fan control for hydraulic fan
Woody O
On 8/15/2021 at 12:11 PM, Hypoxia said:

If it is the electronic Sauer Danfoss control, Unplug the fan control & it should go to high speed continuously.  If the fan control module fails it reverts to high speed.

Could you tell me where those wires are, so I can unplug and see if fan speeds up? I went outside and listened to the the fan at start up and then I went outside and listened to the fan at 210 degrees and the fan is not any louder.

We2dynasty

It was disassembled completely with the exception of removing the shaft.  Just took some photos before taking it apart.  Cleaned everything up and reassembled.  With your experience should be not problem.  I should have drilled and threaded a zerk fitting on the blind bushing side.  Will do that when I get bored.  It may be awhile before that happens.  

Small HWH hydraulic bedroom slide won't slide out
Darren A.

Check the rear house batteries compartment.  On my Holliday Rambler the equalizing cylinder is mounted above the top rack. 

Overhead Exhaust Fan Main Cabin
CapnDean

2008 Camelot 42PDQ.   For starters, I did not even know that there was one in the cabin.  There is one in the head and it works like a champ.  Touch the switch on the wall, it opens, the fan kicks on - touch the switch again, the fan cuts off, the vent hood closes.   The one in the cabin has had a pillow stuffed in the hole since day one.  So here's my story;   

I parked the coach up beside my house for Hurricane Ida. My barn has a tendency to flood.   Today, I was out in the coach and I hear the fan running...I knew the AC was off so I hunted the noise - pulled out the pillow and VIOLA there is the fan, its on, its running, the hatch is open.  BUT:   the switch on the wall will not turn it off {on OR off} I cycled the switch on the fan itself and it answers properly to the factory control knob.  I can work the knob and get speeds 1,2,3 etc.   Now here's the goofy part.    When I turn the unit on manually, the hatch opens electrically as it is supposed to.  When I turn the unit off manually - I have to pull the knob and go into manual mode to hand crank the hatch into the closed position.  Rotate the on/off knob to the on position....the hatch opens and the fan comes on as it should.    

While tinkering with the wall switch (it operates 5 other things - lights water pump etc) the other 5 items come on and off as they should.  But selecting the ceiling exhaust fan results in nothing but the obvious click of a relay way over on the other side of the coach.  Maybe 3' away from where the exhaust fan is.

Anybody ever have this issue?   I am not really inclined to work too hard to fix it since we have never used the exhaust fan AND....if I want to use it I still can.   Its not exactly a down gripe ya know.

rotorwrinch

Thanks Ed. I will continue to soak the shaft and the bearing areas with some aggressive solvent with a PTFE lubricant until all the parts arrive. PACBRAKE/Super Lube is on the way. The unit has not gotten to the point of smooth and unfettered travel through the entire range. It may take having to disassemble it to solve that but that will be the last choice. Did you remove the set screw on the open staff end of the casting? It appears that may locate the shaft and keep the butterfly centered. If disassembly is required, I think it would have to come out. Again, Thanks.

vito.a

I assume the switch panel on the wall is your Intellitec lighted switch panel.  This is the main power on/off.

Do you have another thermostat on the wall somewhere else?

Maybe over near your Dometic A/C thermostat.  This also controls the Fan-Tastic roof fan.  

Seeking source for fan control for hydraulic fan
Woody O

My Outlook Data File(1).pst

1 hour ago, Woody O said:

Hypoxia, Could you tell me where those wires are, so I can unplug and see if fan speeds up? I went outside and listened to the the fan at start up and then I went outside and listened to the fan at 210 degrees and the fan is not any louder.

The picture I enclosed, is this the wires that I unplug?

IMG_0269 (002).jpg

vito.a

No it's not that easy.  The A/C control board (up inside the A/C on the roof) version much match the thermostat version.  

So if your roof A/C units are original they must be controlled by an original four button thermostat.  

Dometic used to make a conversion control board so you could install the 5 button thermostat and a new 5 button conversion control board into your older A/C.  I don't think they make it any longer.  

Dometic switched from the 4 button system to the 5 button Comfort Control (CC) system around 2002. 

It gets better!

A few years ago Dometic updated everything again.  The newest thermostat is a CCII (Comfort Control II) programmable thermostat and A/C system.  These are also not backwards compatible.  They do make a conversion control board to use a new A/C with a 5 button thermostat, but not a conversion for the 4 button.  

So, you have some choices.  You can have your old 4 button thermostat rebuilt.  Check eBay. 

REPAIR SERVICE for YOUR Duo Therm 4 Button Thermostat Dometic Part# 3106463007 | eBay

Dometic Duo-therm 4 Button Thermostat Replacment Buttons / Switches DIY Repair | eBay 

Or, you can buy a brand new A/C and a new CCII thermostat.  And, if you have two A/C's on one thermostat they must both be updated.  These new systems still use the same RJ11 telephone style control cable.  

Hope this helps!

CapnDean

not sure what you mean.  Yes I have a thermostat on the wall, it controls all 3 roof ac units.  The fantastic roof fan operates independent of the intellitec lighted switch panel.  Whether the fan is selected on or off at the intellitec station the fan will respond to the knob on its face.   Turning the fan on at the knob on the ceiling will start the fan but depressing the switch to turn it off at the intellitec panel will not shut the fan off.

2007 Monaco Dynasty Palace III Ralph Lauren Interior 36,647 mileage $167,999.00 negotiable
Palace

Yes - 44' 10" to be exact.  I hate to sell this rig but I am not using it - bought a cabin on the coast of North Carolina off Pamlico Sound.  Time for someone else to appreciate the elegance of this Monaco Dynasty Palace.  This is my third motorhome and by far the best I will ever own. The brand new Aqua Hot system alone makes this coach stand apart from all others.  

Why?
96 EVO

Why does the factory caulking look like it belongs there, and mine all looks like dog poop 😖?

Why?
JDCrow

Mineral Spirits and painters tape. Run your wet finger while your putting it on instead of running a bead then your finger. Painters tape give such a clean edge 

Why?
96 EVO

Funny you say that.

I've had no luck using tape! End up with a raised edge if I remove the tape within 60 sec of smoothing out the bead, and a scalloped edge if I let the caulking skim over any longer!

Why?
JohnnyDiesel

Poop seals really well too. No one but me ever sees up on my roof. Life is short, don't sweat the details.

Why?
96 EVO
4 minutes ago, JohnnyDiesel said:

Poop seals really well too. No one but me ever sees up on my roof. Life is short, don't sweat the details.

Not worried about the roof.

I'm talking about Pro-flex on the sidewalls.

Anyone own a powered caulk gun?

Do they lay down a more uniform bead?

Why?
JDCrow
1 minute ago, 96 EVO said:

Not worried about the roof.

I'm talking about Pro-flex on the sidewalls.

When using proflex, no mineral spirits. Use spray can glass cleaner 

09 Monaco Dynasty ISM 500 will not start
fwilliamee

I have an 09 Monaco Dynasty ISM 500 and it will not start. Service provider has reached out to REV with no luck. We have been broke down since Friday and are looking for the following:

Location of the starter relay that feeds the starter relay

Next

Location of Allison VIM Mod.

Wiring diagram for the module with pin location for input power for the key starter

Thanks for any and all help

Fred Williamee

Entry door
Cubflyer

Reading this thread about the door latch inspired me to open my door up this morning (we are in a campground 1200 miles from home, with limited tools.... )

My wife has not been able to open the door as it takes a special 'TUG' and only releases at the very end of outside handle travel.

Less than an hour later, I have a door that she can open easily, releasing the latches at about 1/2 travel of the outside handle.

I adjusted it at three places, the "turnbarrel" (which does not turn one way to shorten and the other to lengthen, but must take one end lose to add or subtract a turn)

The other two adjustments were at the upper and lower latches, just turning the nuts there to take out slack.

Another problem I have been having is that when I try to level my coach if I 'twist' it level with the rear jacks the door "jams" and I get "trapped" in the coach, the inside handle, pulls but the door will not push open.  Somewhere I read that the latch "studs" are supposed to move (up and down)... my upper one moves but the lower one was rock solid.... I got it freed up and now I need to test and see if the door opens now when I "twist" the chassis.   I believe they were designed to move slightly (about 3/16" total travel) to keep them from binding up on the latches with chassis flex.  I'll update when I have tried it.

Ken

JDCrow
32 minutes ago, fwilliamee said:

I have an 09 Monaco Dynasty ISM 500 and it will not start. Service provider has reached out to REV with no luck. We have been broke down since Friday and are looking for the following:

Location of the starter relay that feeds the starter relay

Next

Location of Allison VIM Mod.

Wiring diagram for the module with pin location for input power for the key starter

Thanks for any and all help

Fred Williamee

Throwing out what I find. Hope it helps 

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f25/500-ism-wont-start-61735.html

Xlr8ting1

I’ve been struggling with a similar issue the other day. My ‘09 dynasty completely quit. No instruments, no Medallion, and no response from the keyed ignition. While waiting for a tow truck, we decided to check the rear run box. Found a 15 amp fuse had blown. Replaced what I believe was the VEA6 or maybe VEA5 fuse. Renting an RV now to complete our planned trip, so I can’t check to be sure. Replacing the fuse allowed us to start it up again, but we decided to let the tow truck bring it back to Cummins for a deeper check. They also believe that the intermittent loss of of power maybe from an ignition solenoid or relay that has gone weak. 
There are some files that show the electrical schematics on this site, although it’s difficult to determine exactly where the components are physically situated. Wish you the best. Theo

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.