Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/533-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Deadbolt to E-Deadbolt on entry door
Poohbear
Termites
FWGERHART
Air Conditioner /thermostat
wayne.cerven@gmail.com
Entry door pad
Hypoxia
Do you raise your tag axle?
Ivylog
Entry door
dl_racing427
Termites
jacwjames
Termites
monacowner
Termites
jacwjames
Exhaust Overheating Code (1966)
Gospel
Termites
Ivylog
Entry door pad
RS lakeshore
Termites
RIPPPA
Termites
FWGERHART
odometer difficult to read
Jim McGarvie
DavidL
Termites
Ray Davis
Dr4Film
Termites
FWGERHART
96 EVO
vito.a
Jim McGarvie
Termites
vito.a
Entry door pad
Duanebalogh
Termites
JDCrow
Termites
PeterSchweizer
DavidL
Termites
FWGERHART
Full Throttle Generator
96 EVO
Entry door pad
vito.a
Entry door pad
Duanebalogh
Gary M
wayne.cerven@gmail.com
vito.a
wayne.cerven@gmail.com
vito.a
What is this?
tmw188
What is this?
JohnnyDiesel
What is this?
vito.a
What is this?
Dr4Film
What is this?
tmw188
What is this?
Dr4Film
What is this?
tmw188
What is this?
Dr4Film
Termites
Hypoxia
Entry door pad
Duanebalogh

Poohbear

Thanks for the post I was wondering if you could do this without butchering the door. 

Termites
FWGERHART

I was just told by my Terminix service guy, who services my coach for roaches etc, that I have termites in the coach. He then showed me where he saw some infestation. I was given an estimate of $7000 to tent and fumigate. Not in my budget. Has anyone had a termite issue in the coach and if so, how was it addressed?

Fred / 2005 Monaco Knight / 2001 Jeep Wrangler

wayne.cerven@gmail.com
21 hours ago, vito.a said:

Great idea but it will need to be programmed each time you move it.

Morning 

I had zone 3 running great, do not think it is the thermostat, this morning I fired up the Aqua hot,let it warm up for a while and turned on Zone 3 (galley) all good, went back into the bedroom and turned on Zone 1 and then thats when zone 3 thermostat went blank again and power off ? Programming problem, something else?

Thanks 

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Entry door pad
Hypoxia
Ivylog
6 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

That may get some fresh grease on the outer bearing, but not the inner bearing!

So oil bath only lube the outer bearing?

Entry door
dl_racing427
20 hours ago, Cubflyer said:

Dave L,

Let me re-state my "twist" statement for you.......

While leveling my rig, I dump air, raise front (dual posts) with one control, followed by the rear jacks to level fore and aft, I then adjust either right or left rear jacks to level side to side following the manufactures procedure.

I believe this is putting a normal "twist" in my chassis, and my coach door would not open. 

Now that I have assured the latch posts are "moveable" (as designed) my door is functioning correctly. I can "flex" or "load" my chassis for normal leveling and my door no longer "jams"

A certain amount of flexibility of the chassis is normal and the door should not jam within certain limits, my door was jamming because the latch posts were not moving as designed, not because I was "twisting" my chassis excessively.

Others here may be experiencing the same problem with their door and understanding that the door latch posts NEED to have movement, and are DESIGNED to have movement, and if they do not have movement the door will "jam".  The windshield is also designed to "float" within it's framework, in that big rubber seal.  I believe if your chassis is flexing enough to break a windshield while leveling either the chassis has problems or your windshield is not mounted properly.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the clarification.

I just wanted to caution you, and anyone else who reads this thread, that inducing twist into the chassis via improper leveling can do damage.

Your front jacks are plumbed together, so the coach can tilt freely at the front even though there are two jacks.  The procedure you are using sounds correct. as long as you don't bottom out one of the front jacks or wheels.

Yes, the chassis will experience some normal twist when on the road, but the suspension is designed to minimize that.  Those who break windshields are likely exceeding the tilt limits of the front jacks and putting extreme forces into the chassis.

Termites
jacwjames

Yikes, never heard of that.   Termites need access to ground, unless you are parked a long time I would think this wouldn't be possible (but I'm not an expert)

When I built out new house my wife did NOT want any type of termite treatment since she has dogs etc.  Normally when building a house in East TN they would dig a foundation and then come in and completely saturate the area with strong chemicals and then pour the concrete, then as follow up they come back and treat the perimeter of the house with strong chemicals, then follow up with bait traps etc. 

I started to look for options and found this  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JJJ81SG/ref=olp_aod_redir_impl1?_encoding=UTF8&aod=1&qid=1595346399&sr=8-1

• Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate (Borate) 40%
  • How Bora Care Works Boracare contains an inorganic borate salt, soluble in water, with insecticidal

This is approved to use on HUD houses, pretty much inert, once it is sprayed on to structures/wood termites won't touch it. 

So I used this extensively when building the house, Sprayed it on the foundation, block walls (before water proofing was done), and where wood would touch the walls.   Did this as the framing crew was putting the sill plates down and onto the stud walls and exterior sheeting lower ~2 ft.  Ended up using ~8 gallons, much more then recommended but a lot cheaper then traditional termite treatment. 

This comes in a thick liquid that you mix and spray.  It will leave a white residue on what every you spray it on, but you could spray it under cabinets, between walls, etc.  

Termites
monacowner

Hi Fred,

$7k! Wow! Is there even that much wood to eat in an RV? I think I would try applying a product like this first: https://www.amazon.com/Terro-Carpenter-Termite-Killer-Orange/dp/B07D6WVZ9W/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2YIX9OIH07PBR&dchild=1&keywords=termite+killer&qid=1630586610&sprefix=termite+%2Caps%2C184&sr=8-7

Also, don't termites burrow their way into your home via sand tunnels? Are you seeing such tunnels running up your tires? I would think that moving your RV would disrupt the colony. I would at least hit the sand tunnels with that poison and anywhere else I can see the little buggers.

Good luck!

Don

Termites
jacwjames

Good point, you could spray around your tires & jacks with the Boracare which would stop any termites by cutting off access. 

Gospel

I need to understand the regen function better. Exactly how it functions, repair it and how to avoid the shutdowns. It has always restarted but won't pull anything until the third time. Thank God it did start and pull, was on a two lane road in the Big Horn NP. People piling up behind.

Termites
Ivylog

Assuming you really have termites, I would treat the area myself with something like the below:

E2096577-5502-4A2A-937F-28C85E549F7C.png

Entry door pad
RS lakeshore

Visoner RV is a salvage yard that might have one. I need to replace my keypad also and have found a replacement at A 1 electric .com. They are a distributor for Essex who makes the key pad. Check it out and let me know what you think. 

Termites
RIPPPA

I’d get a second opinion. I’ve seen Terminix say termites exist when they don’t.  

Termites
FWGERHART

The termites are definitely there. Little white wormy bugs. I saw them on the outside of the underside of the large living room slide. Terminix has treated the area. We live full time in the coach in a wooded RV community. The coach seldom moves. My significant other is an elementary school teacher. I have monthly Terminix service because we are permanent/stationary. Not fun I know. Regardless, my concern is termites in the walls, floors, etc. We have no idea how long this has been a problem. 

Jim McGarvie
9 hours ago, DavidL said:

You might get a scan tool and view odometer via your phone / tablet.

Thanks, David, that's a good thought. Any particular recommendations? Any recommendations? How do they interface with the vehicle? Our Cummins ISB 5.9 has no OBD port.

DavidL

You would need to confirm if your Cummins has OBD (note:  Not OBDII).  I would think a 2002 does.  It should be a round Deutsch connector near the steering column, possibly at the base.  Then you would have to confirm what communications protocol it supports as your year (same as my Newmar's year) is about when things switched from J1708 to J1939.  Once knowing that, then look at Bluefire bluetooth adapters.

Termites
Ray Davis

There was a lady RVer on here quite a while back, living in Louisiana as I recall,  and she reported termites too.   Don't recall what she did.

It does seem that treating the ground around the tires would put a stop to them.

Dr4Film

The only time I read the odometer is when a service tech needs to know the mileage on the coach for their service records. Otherwise it is SO difficult to read I just don't do it.

For trip information I use the SilverLeaf VMSpc system.

Termites
FWGERHART

We’re on Hilton Head Island. Very woody. Damp. But I get it. Never considered termites need s a connection to the earth. Can’t fly etc. So stopping them shouldn’t be a problem. My concern is the ones alive in the coach now. And I saw them. Did this just start? I don’t know. Or have they been here a while. We saw the mud like tubes (for lack of a better word) about 6” long on the underside of the slide hanging down from the outside corner. 

96 EVO

Oil bath hubs will lubricate both.

vito.a

The front zone 3 should not be connected with the two rear zones.  Maybe coincidence?

Zones are determined by small dip switches on each A/C control board.  When the thermostat is programmed, it picks up the dip switch setting and displays the selected zone. 

The very front should have its own thermostat and the two rear zones are ganged together on one thermostat.  There should not be any interconnection between front the two rear.  

Just a wild guess.  How old are your house batteries?  Clean the terminals and check the voltage at the batteries.  I say this because the thermostats run on 12v.  

Jim McGarvie
1 hour ago, DavidL said:

You would need to confirm if your Cummins has OBD (note:  Not OBDII).  I would think a 2002 does.  It should be a round Deutsch connector near the steering column, possibly at the base.  Then you would have to confirm what communications protocol it supports as your year (same as my Newmar's year) is about when things switched from J1708 to J1939.  Once knowing that, then look at Bluefire bluetooth adapters.

I'm fairly confident our coach does not have OBD. The only diagnostics port I'm aware of is the only one mentioned in manual for our coach: the round 9-pin (J1939) port with the word "ENGINE" at the rear below the oil dipstick. I have spent way too many hours under the dashboard, and have never found a port there. I would love to be proved wrong, but....

Or is it possible to plug a Bluetooth adapter into that for a scan tool up front?

Termites
vito.a

Break up the tubes and spray them with a good termiticide. 

I buy it at the DIY Pest Store and mix it in a 2 gallon garden sprayer.  Also spray anything the touches the ground such as tires, mud flap, and jacks. 

Then spray inside anywhere you think they may be hiding.  

Wait 1 week and spray again.  

When you block the return path to the ground nest they will die quickly.  

Entry door pad
Duanebalogh
2 hours ago, RS lakeshore said:

Visoner RV is a salvage yard that might have one. I need to replace my keypad also and have found a replacement at A 1 electric .com. They are a distributor for Essex who makes the key pad. Check it out and let me know what you think. 

Thanks I'll try that

Termites
JDCrow

Bizarre, I was always told that they won’t eat plywood/osb as they don’t like the glues/resins used in production. 

Termites
PeterSchweizer
1 hour ago, FWGERHART said:

We’re on Hilton Head Island. Very woody. Damp. But I get it. Never considered termites need s a connection to the earth. Can’t fly etc. So stopping them shouldn’t be a problem. My concern is the ones alive in the coach now. And I saw them. Did this just start? I don’t know. Or have they been here a while. We saw the mud like tubes (for lack of a better word) about 6” long on the underside of the slide hanging down from the outside corner. 

Is So. California they have termites that swam/fly.

DavidL

a 9 Pin Deutsch connector IS OBD.  It is NOT OBDII.

9 Pin is typically J1939 protocol (it may also have J1708).

OBD is On Board Diagnostics.  Many different generations / types.

OBDII is one particular flavor (US Gas vehicles)

On Most J1939 vehicles, the round connector is also at the base of the steering column.  but look around within a foot of the column.

You may be able to use the one at the back, but bluetooth does not have very long range so it is unlikely it will reach up front.  Not aware of a bluetooth "repeater" either.

When I get around to it, I will have a solution for the issue, but it will be much more comprehensive than what you are asking for.

Termites
FWGERHART

I just learned, they do fly. Swarm, especially during the summer months. So spraying the tires, etc. won't completely resolve the problem. I doubt, now knowing this, they came up the tires.

Full Throttle Generator
96 EVO
18 hours ago, Nevada Rob said:

With out any signs of leakage, a fuel line would be low on my list of things to look at.

Fuel lines seem to allow air in long before you will see fuel leaking out of them.

Went through that with a 2000 gas coach generator.

Entry door pad
vito.a

Keypads have a finite life span as they are exposed to sun and elements.  I would not purchase a used one.  

2006 was a transition year.  You need to determine if you have an Trimark or Essex keypad.  If Trimark then contact them for a replacement. 

https://www.trimarkcorp.com/en/zPlatFormList.aspx?intcategoryid=173&topcategoryid=3&scategoryid=174&bannerurl=Elec_banner_eask.swf&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7MGJBhD-ARIsAMZ0eet_Zk13VqvoN2bC34PJXu2RjPmdb9xppCPaDaEuj0LwXcvSScomsJwaAjDiEALw_wcB

If Essex, then  A1 Electric in Torrance CA has the KE-1701BHC keypad with the original Monaco connector.

Seeking source for fan control for hydraulic fan
Woody O
On 8/15/2021 at 11:43 AM, Woody O said:

Traveling over contential divide to reach Grand Tetons, had to drop speed drop down to 35mph and had to stop 4 times to cool down radiator. Got appointment at Kenworth Sales in Idaho Falls this coming Thursday. Over the phone, they are thinking fan control. Not sure if they would have a replacement, so was hoping to find a source here to help out if they don’t. Have a 2006 Dynasty with ISL-2 400 Cummins.

I had some time on my hands yesterday, so I climbed under coach to look for two 1/4" lines and saw none. Then, I went to the rear of coach and started tracing hydraulic lines coming off the fan. Traced one back to hydraulic tank. Traced another to a block {valve} and low and behold, it had an electric wire harness coming out of it. It was the valve I had been looking for. Unplugged the wires as we were getting ready to leave Grand Junction, and wow, I could put the peddle to the metal and run without any worries of overheating. WOW !!!! Thanks to Paul for giving me a link to replace parts when I get home, thanks to Hypoxia and Timaz for telling me how to fix it while on the road.

Entry door pad
Duanebalogh
3 hours ago, RS lakeshore said:

Another question how do I get the key pad out

Gary M
3 hours ago, Gospel said:

I need to understand the regen function better. Exactly how it functions, repair it and how to avoid the shutdowns. It has always restarted but won't pull anything until the third time. Thank God it did start and pull, was on a two lane road in the Big Horn NP. People piling up behind.

Hope u will do a write up when u find out. Now my curiosity is up to understand also.

wayne.cerven@gmail.com
55 minutes ago, vito.a said:

The front zone 3 should not be connected with the two rear zones.  Maybe coincidence?

Zones are determined by small dip switches on each A/C control board.  When the thermostat is programmed, it picks up the dip switch setting and displays the selected zone. 

The very front should have its own thermostat and the two rear zones are ganged together on one thermostat.  There should not be any interconnection between front the two rear.  

Just a wild guess.  How old are your house batteries?  Clean the terminals and check the voltage at the batteries.  I say this because the thermostats run on 12v.  

Batteries are going on 4 years, fully charged, everything clean,everything else you said is correct,going to check batteries again

Thanks 

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

vito.a

Just for information.  Take a look at the link below.  Figure 19 shows the dip switches.  

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/798688/Dometic-620515-321.html?page=10

wayne.cerven@gmail.com
1 hour ago, vito.a said:

Just thought, how could it be a 12 volt issue when the coach is plugged into the house? 

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

vito.a

The 12 volt system is supplied by the coach battery system.  The inverter charges the batteries when plugged in or on generator.  But, if the batteries are bad or going bad 12v can be intermittent.  

All the lights are 12v as well as the A/C controls.  

What is this?
tmw188

I found this small board in a ziplock bag on my recently purchased used Windsor. The battery was in the bag also along with some short valve stem extenders. It appears this battery may fit into the two contacts, they don’t appear to have been solder to anything but do show some signs of corrosion from a battery perhaps?

2229FE1F-5E5F-4C4B-9077-3D29FAE69065.jpeg

Awning rubber seal needs replacement.
pwhittle

Chris @throgmartin kindly sent me a sample of Trim Lok X2877BT. That looks like it will be a good replacement for the Girard T seal for the main awning and the door awning on our 2005 Signature. It has 7/8” 3M VHB on the thick end which would stick to the sidewall. You could either use a trim adhesive or a 3/8” 3M VHB tape to fasten it to the top of the awning housing, then caulk both edges to keep it watertight.

I would use the 3M adhesion promoter shown in my post for the RV side, and the foam side if you add VHB.

That  seal is shown in the first two pictures.

The second two pictures are of the other seal I suggested. I think the one Chris @throgmartin sent me is the best choice.

1D1D6D5C-9598-4936-A8CB-B2987A607DE5.jpeg

488D6CFA-8900-43C2-8F0C-022DFC015287.jpeg

02D22A93-8046-4D95-AB24-C9EA6560F4EA.jpeg

7F2F5A4F-9979-4359-A0CB-4346EF112BCD.jpeg

What is this?
JohnnyDiesel

MiniTX is a transmitter of some kind. Probably pulled out of the case. Sorry if that's not much help.

What is this?
vito.a

The inside of a remote.  Probably for the front door.  

What is this?
Dr4Film

It looks like the circuit board to a Key Fob. Most likely the one that controls the locking/unlocking of the entry door and bay doors.

It has three small push buttons that will activate the three functions, one for locking the entry & bay doors, one for unlocking the entry door and one for unlocking just the bay doors.

What is this?
tmw188

Hey great answers from all of you, thank you. I do have the key fob for the entry door so quite possibly the battery had caused some damage to the key fob and it was replaced.  I’ll hang onto it in case it’s still good great observation thanks guys. 
I wonder if I could just try this holding it in my hand and pushing on the three micro switches. I looked and I can see the battery polarity on the board, so I’ll give it a try and report back. 

What is this?
Dr4Film

When you look at your photo, the top left button will lock everything, the lower left button will unlock the bay doors and the right button will unlock the entry door.

In the upper right corner is a small LED light which will light up green when you push either the lock or unlock buttons.

Of course you need a new battery which is an A23 or a 21/23 equivalent and clean contacts.

What is this?
tmw188

Correct, I have a working fob. It’s possible the board is still good or why would they have kept it?  

Powergear leveling jack controller location 2004 HR Scepter
johncvandoren@gmail.com
On 8/26/2021 at 8:39 PM, ok-rver said:

Left Rear Jack not coming all the way up.

The coach has 4 jacks. Both front jacks with external springs supplied by one solenoid common flow between them, rear jacks with internal spring with a solenoid each side. All hydraulic. Very basic keypad, Front down, right rear down, left rear down, both rear down, retract all jacks buttons on keypad. Does not have auto leveling function. Left rear comes up to about 3" down from fully retracted. Tried using 2x6 to pry up with about 500 lbs of force at jack foot and it did not move. over 4 days it has come up to about an 1" down. Rod of jack looks good, no visible scratches and does not look bent when down. Picture of the controller from what appears to be the manual for my unit shows four 3 amp fuses for the four solenoids. As the solenoid is energized and extends the jack, they are all good. Tried hitting jacks up button and running out to lever up jack. It did not work.

Powergear wants pictures of the keypad, controller, and jack. I can NOT find the controller. Hydraulic unit is in engine compartment. The way I think this works, "Jacks UP" light goes off when fluid level lifts float switch in reservoir. If fluid quantity is correct, the jacks should be fully up when the float tells the controller they are up.  Actual fluid level is at the level they say to fill the reservoir now with jack still down a couple of inches when I checked yesterday. I can not tell if the jacks up solenoid is open when deenergized or closed. 

Any way, looked a bit under dash but there is a board that limits what you can see up under the dash. No  controller in the engine compartment. Wires from hydraulic unit appear to run forward along the driver side of the engine. Found nothing inside rear of MH. Powergear slide controller in one of the basement compartments. No other Powergear controller in the compartments that I have found. Will get MH back from shop tomorrow to look some more. Has anyone seen the jack controller when digging around on their chassis?

May use jumper to energize jacks up solenoid to drain to tank or left down solenoid to see if it oil flows back. Other option is to unscrew hydraulic line from solenoid and see if the jack comes up but that may be a mess. Either of those might tell me the jack is good.

My 06 Monaco Knight with Power Gear (automatic) leveling has the “brain” controller on the ceiling of the second from front cubby on the curb side.  

What is this?
Dr4Film

Todd, my Key Fob case got cracked and now has a wrap of black electrical tape around the base of it where the battery is located as these fob's are obsolete.

It still works though and just have to replace the battery periodically.

Possibly the case was destroyed and they were lucky enough to find a new one before they became obsolete.

Powergear leveling jack controller location 2004 HR Scepter
ok-rver

Thanks, will check next time at coach

Termites
Hypoxia

I knew there were flying termites in California where they tent an entire house to fumigate them.  Perhaps they figure there is no other good way to treat a motorhome for subterranean.  Subterranean termites are common throughout the South and they start out needing ground contact but can live in a log or a house for a long time without ground contact.  I have seen subterranean termites living in a log that has not had ground contact for a year.  Fipronil is what I  use to treat them  which comes in many brand termiticides.  Permethrin is also used and I cannot think of a good way to treat a motorhome with either one.

Entry door pad
Duanebalogh
6 hours ago, RS lakeshore said:

Got our keyless pad out and it was an Essex.  Ordered it from A-1 electric in Torrance,  ca. A little shocked by the price $350.00 . We have Corner Stone extended warranty so I looked up my warranty and sure enough it was covered. I called and because I ordered it and will plug it in ourselves they will not cover it. They said we shoukd have had a dealer look at it and send a quote.  I'm so mad. My deductible is $200 so they woukd pay 150.00. It would have cost them more than that by the time they paid for a electrician to look at it. I woukd never recommend Cornerstone warranty to any one. Look very closely at your warranty if you have one. 

Seeking source for fan control for hydraulic fan
Hypoxia
3 hours ago, Woody O said:

I had some time on my hands yesterday, so I climbed under coach to look for two 1/4" lines and saw none. Then, I went to the rear of coach and started tracing hydraulic lines coming off the fan. Traced one back to hydraulic tank. Traced another to a block {valve} and low and behold, it had an electric wire harness coming out of it. It was the valve I had been looking for. Unplugged the wires as we were getting ready to leave Grand Junction, and wow, I could put the peddle to the metal and run without any worries of overheating. WOW !!!! Thanks to Paul for giving me a link to replace parts when I get home, thanks to Hypoxia and Timaz for telling me how to fix it while on the road.

I was camping on a ranch south of Walden  CO on Tuesday with no cellular service so I missed your post.  I'm glad you found the plug though.  There are two camps on the repair; One camp says get a new electronic controller.  The other camp says put in a wax valve.  The wax valve camp is very vocal as you have seen and I am sure they will pipe in again.  And again.

I am in the camp that would keep the electronic controller If I could get one.  If you wish to pursue the electronic controller get the part number off of that controller & I can help you with the replacement part number. 

What is this?
tmw188

Sounds logical

"Warning" light in dash stays on
JohnnyDiesel

Thanks for all your input. Trouble turned out to be the barometric pressure sensor.

Put in the updated version and voila, warning light is OUT!

Small HWH hydraulic bedroom slide won't slide out
bmulvenna@hotmail.com

Found the issue.

Removed the top nut on the room cylinders after finding the sync cylinder. Activated the slide switch and both cylinders performed properly. That determined it was not a cylinder issue. Examined both mechanisms and found numerous plastic bushings worn out. Now waiting for Hwh to ship 2 sets of bushings and will replace the old bushings with a new set on each mechanism.

2005 Signature passenger front HWH X-Slide chain replacement
Ivan K

Holy cr@p, whatever it is, I am glad I don't have it!

klcdenver

Did you have to trim the plastic on the inside?

Ivylog

To bad you didn’t remove the cracked film before putting it on. Orange air freshener and a plastic razor blade will take it off without hurting the paint.

2003 MONACO DIPLOMAT 40DST FRONT AIR TANK SENDING UNIT
Russgh

Hi Monacoers, I am new to the group.

I am having trouble with the low air alarm. I discovered the buzzer connector disconnected and reconnected it. It operates normally, beeper & low air light is on until the air pressure reaches around 70 psi. After reaching 120 psi, when I put the transmission in gear, the beeper comes on but not the low air light.  The beeper sound is different than the low air sound. I suspected the sending unit on the front air tank however disconnecting the sending unit does not stop the alarm when the transmission is in gear.  I removed the relay marked Bell-1 in the Monaco 2 box in the left front bay cabinet and everything works as it should i.e. beeper and light on when pressure is below 70 psi, goes off above 70 psi.  The beeper and light do not come on when the transmission is in gear. 

What else does the Bell-1 relay do? could it disable other alarms.

What does the sending unit do on the front air tank, disconnecting it had no effect that I could see?
See photos below. IMG 2122 is the sending unit on the tank. IMG 2125 is the relay that goes in the box on the right of it.
Any help or wiring diagrams would be greatly appreciated.
--

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2125.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG

IMG_2126 (2).zip

Wrayj1

Russ, I had that issue in 2018 ended up replacing the hydraulic tank and float valve.  After 11 years the tank had a minute leak ,  but the foam float valve also became saturated with hydraulic fluid causing it to drop into the fluid , which the alarm sensed as being low on fluid.  No problem since replacing the tank and valve.

Cubflyer

Thanks Dick B

I was going to but needed the info you just provided!
Thanks

Ken

Ken Cox,

Yes I had to trim the interior plastic.

I head to Denver area next week... be there a little over a week... if you want to get a closer look.

Ken

Termites
Ray Davis

Yes termites swarm, to set up new colonies, many insects do.

There are two general types of termites: subterranean and drywood termites.                                                                                                            Subterranean termites are found in both the soil around your home and the wood of your home. 

Drywood termites thrive solely in wood and are found mostly in warm, coastal regions - primarily California, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, andGeorgia.                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Subterranean termites can be found anywhere in the states.

klcdenver

Ken I just sent you a PM

Kenneth

Ray Davis

Mine will sound if I don't push in the parking brake button.

Rick A

May I impose on this discussion without distracting attention from the primary question. I know that the experts can answer this off the top of their heads. 
What should the max air pressure be? My pressure guage gets to a high of around 140 at start up and when it recharges on a trip it gets to around 130. 
Is this acceptable? 

Wrayj1

Rick,  mine pretty much tops out at 120 and drop a little when braking.

Low Water Buzzer
powersltc

Ron P.

2004 Monaco Executive,  Cummins 500 ISM.

I am having trouble with my coach being low on coolant and the buzzer sounding.  When I stop driving it appears to be leaking from the coolant reservoir hose.  New reservoir.   I can add coolant and the buzzing stops.   After driving about 250 miles,  the low water light and buzzer comes on.  The engine temperature is 177-181 F. 

I recently had  my heater hose to the Aqua-Hot replaced. 

Any ideas/suggestions.   

Low Water Buzzer
Ivan K

Sounds like you know where it is leaking from so what are you looking for? Or is it the overflow?  If so, have you replaced the reservoir with the same? They are sized to the amount of coolant in the system.

Low Water Buzzer
powersltc

Yes.  But what would cause the reservoir to overflow?  

Low Water Buzzer
Ivan K

Coolant expansion, the more coolant in the system, the more volume will go into the expansion tank. It has to be the right size to not overvlow and not be too low when cooled down. Your temps are good, quite low actually. Do you get the buzzer when cold or while at the temp? No bubling when overflowing, I hope.

Low Water Buzzer
David White

If overflow and not a tank or hose leak, it could be the tank cap has stopped providing to necessary pressure control.  If it’s never been replaced, I would do that.  I’m fact, I went with a lower # cap to avoid a tank rupture.  Never had an overflow with the lower pressure.

Ivan K
2 hours ago, Rick A said:

May I impose on this discussion without distracting attention from the primary question. I know that the experts can answer this off the top of their heads. 
What should the max air pressure be? My pressure guage gets to a high of around 140 at start up and when it recharges on a trip it gets to around 130. 
Is this acceptable? 

It probably should have been a new topic but a quick answer is that you should have somewhere around 120-125 psi cutoff, normally. Safety valve opens at 150. There is an adjustable air governor to get it down if you so decide. Depending which make you have, there are adjustments described at number of places on the net. If you search for air governor, you might recognize the one you have.

Low Water Buzzer
powersltc
1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

Coolant expansion, the more coolant in the system, the more volume will go into the expansion tank. It has to be the right size to not overvlow and not be too low when cooled down. Your temps are good, quite low actually. Do you get the buzzer when cold or while at the temp? No bubling when overflowing, I hope.

It buzz when cold.  Tomorrow morning I will add coolant.   It will buzz initially,  then stop buzzing. 

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.