Why in the hell.....I mean heck

Brett63

Been thinking about this a bit and even though I was on board to add this switch I think that it wouldn’t be good to do unless I could separate the door lock. Currently my system/ key fob locks the entry door and bays at the same time and I would be afraid of locking myself out of the Coach if I reached in the door and hit the switch and closed the door. Would love to be able to unlock the bays though

Instead of going to the back of the motorhome to lock the bay doors at night, I open the door and press the lock button on the keypad and then shut the door and use the deadbolt to lock it as it’s not locked otherwise.

Guess the OP‘s keypad at the door doesn’t work because that’s how I locj/unlock my bay doors without going to the back of  the motorhome to unlock them.

24 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Instead of going to the back of the motorhome to lock the bay doors at night, I open the door and press the lock button on the keypad and then shut the door and use the deadbolt to lock it as it’s not locked otherwise.

Guess the OP‘s keypad at the door doesn’t work because that’s how I locj/unlock my bay doors without going to the back of  the motorhome to unlock them.

No it works, this whole thing started simply becasue I couldn't and still can't understand why Monaco didn't simply put an unlock button in the front of the coach at the switch bank at the passenger seat. I can unlock the door and then go outside and key in the code on the entry handle to unlock the bays, but by that time I can get the fob. Both require two pushes to unlock the bay doors.

The more I think about it though I have to wonder, at least on mine if the reason there isn't one is becasue the door/bay locks are tied to the house multiplex sytem and all of the switches at the seat are on the chassis multiplex system. Beats me. Oh well.....lol Life moves on. Heck it took me a year to figure out how to turn off all of the dash switch back lights.....lol

On 9/14/2021 at 2:37 PM, Ivylog said:

Back when Monaco would fix one item for free at a rally, you could leave the door locked (not the deadbolt) as one of 5 keys would unlock it let the repair person in.

Sadly, I remember those times too.  They also advised owners in seminars to change the keypad code to something different from "1-3-5".  I don't want to hijack the thread (too much) but at one time it was two or three free things.

14 hours ago, Chargerman said:

Been thinking about this a bit and even though I was on board to add this switch I think that it wouldn’t be good to do unless I could separate the door lock. Currently my system/ key fob locks the entry door and bays at the same time and I would be afraid of locking myself out of the Coach if I reached in the door and hit the switch and closed the door. Would love to be able to unlock the bays though

I haven't looked too much at that diagram and traced the wiring but I've been planning to put switch(es) up front, probably hidden, to lock and unlock front and bay doors.  The way it's labeled implies the relays are in the front run bays, but also note all the actuators are labelled "Bay Door", although I suspect the RH one is supposed to be for the entry door.  Note the reference to another page 38040298, the Keyless Entry drawing.  It's not immediately clear how these interconnect.  Let us know if & how you put this switch in.  I added it to my project list but I have a few handfuls of projects above it 🙂

05-Sig-WD-Schematic-LocksKeylessEntry.png.e78fa5db7cab9095793f21624f0a2968.png05-Sig-WD-KeylessEntry.thumb.png.d7d90ade04681e6b9a1f3be7630ad6e5.png

Edited by rpasetto
add diagram

As I said a few days earlier, before retiring, I hang out the door and push the key pad lock.  This locks the compartments, not the front door as the door is open.  Then I  manual lock the door and the dead bolt.   Never use the fob or carry it with me as my pockets are full already.    When we leave the coach, the key pad is the lock for all, and unlock on return.  The killer cats defend against intruders if they get past the door lock.  Dead bolt lock is rarely used except when we are inside.  Nothing to steal we would miss.

I have confirmed that the relays are not in my front run bay. They are under/behind the dash. Currently on the road and will dig for them when we are home this weekend. Once I can confirm that I can lock the bays at the relay I will order a Carlingswitch normally centered two position momentary switch.  I am going to try to locate a spot inside the entry door that I can reach while standing outside. More to follow.