Great Price for Blue Seas ML-ACR System with Manual Control

Dr4Film

4 minutes ago, veraken said:

When you replace/remove the BIRD, where do you reconnect the wires (i.e. genset, ignition, solenoid, etc.)?  Do you have a wiring diagram?

Here is a wiring diagram that I printed off the instructions, if you go to one the links to a Bluesea there will be complete set of instructions on how to wire.

I used the Auxillary start wire that controlled the old Isolation relay from the dash switch, this is what switches the ML-ACR.   I also used the ground wire.   I then had to run a new wire for the LED function from the ML-ACR all the way to the dash, this is designated by the yellow wire. 

The rest of the wires on ML-ACR I did not use.  But if you want to disable the ML-ACR during starting and or while running the generator it would be an easy add on. 

The wires that were attached to my BIRD are not needed, unless you want to disable the generator, you'd simply connect the generator wire from the BIRD to the Isolation #1 brown wire.  For me this would be ~2' of wire and a couple connectors. 

Bluesea ML-ACRs wiring diagram.pdf

3 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

Here is a wiring diagram that I printed off the instructions, if you go to one the links to a Bluesea there will be complete set of instructions on how to wire.

I used the Auxillary start wire that controlled the old Isolation relay from the dash switch, this is what switches the ML-ACR.   I also used the ground wire.   I then had to run a new wire for the LED function from the ML-ACR all the way to the dash, this is designated by the yellow wire. 

The rest of the wires on ML-ACR I did not use.  But if you want to disable the ML-ACR during starting and or while running the generator it would be an easy add on. 

The wires that were attached to my BIRD are not needed, unless you want to disable the generator, you'd simply connect the generator wire from the BIRD to the Isolation #1 brown wire.  For me this would be ~2' of wire and a couple connectors. 

Bluesea ML-ACRs wiring diagram.pdf 265.19 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks.  My concern was about the extra wires from the BIRD and what to do with them.

On 9/17/2021 at 6:49 AM, FishAR said:

Thanks Paul.

1st pic rear bay with trombetta, 2nd pic front bay with ird.

rear elec bay.jpg

front elec bay.jpg

Hi Michael,

Best I can tell, the IRD is in the front run bay, but the relay that connects the two banks together is in the RRB.

You would install the ML-ACR in place of the Trombetta in the RRB. You may be able to reuse the wire for the IrD and the wire for the Battery Boost to connect the Bluesea switch and the ML-ACR.

Paul

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pwhittle said:

Hi Michael,

Best I can tell, the IRD is in the front run bay, but the relay that connects the two banks together is in the RRB.

You would install the ML-ACR in place of the Trombetta in the RRB. You may be able to reuse the wire for the IrD and the wire for the Battery Boost to connect the Bluesea switch and the ML-ACR.

Paul

Thanks Paul. I'll have to file this away for future reference. I've kind of given up on doing this for a while now. I've got a small 12 volt charger/maintainer plugged into the engine heater receptacle now and wired to the chassis batteries with plugs so I can undo it at each end and store it while on the road, and keep the chassis batteries good while parked.

Generator still in crank but no start condition, probably have the diesel shop that's going to change the fluids work on it and hope they're smart enough to fix it. They said they thought they could.

AC clutch didn't engage the other day when I was running the motorhome at 1000 rpm in the driveway, now I'm worried about that.

Baseplate for the silverado came in and I have to install that, ready brake stuff should be arriving soon and have to put that together.

Found out there's a possibility I may have to get a new driver license to drive this thing, Illinois law is so vague. The driver license stations where I live are too small to even drive to them and park it. I had a hard time even parking my dually crew cab there.  Plus would have to have a friend with that endorsement go up there with me, not sure I have any friends with that endorsement. Wondering if my insurance is void without the endorsement.

Fuel filters, belts sitting here looking at me asking when I'm going to install them. Still thinking about buying an air filter. Rain the last 2 days so since I've moved it outside was able to do nothing.

2 months until we planned on leaving for Florida, starting to feel overwhelmed and like things are closing in on me. I know it's not as big a deal as I'm making it, just need to get to work on it.

Edited by FishAR

Curious if I've done something wrong. A post I made before this is hidden and says it will have to be approved by a moderator, I've never had that happen here before I don't think.

I did use a word in the post that is comparable to an earthen structure which holds water, thought that might be it so went and edited it out and it didn't make a difference.

I'll try this again.

Thanks Paul. I'll have to file this away for future reference. I've kind of given up on doing this for a while now. I've got a small 12 volt charger/maintainer plugged into the engine heater receptacle now and wired to the chassis batteries with plugs so I can undo it at each end and store it while on the road, and keep the chassis batteries good while parked.

Generator still in crank but no start condition, probably have the diesel shop that's going to change the fluids work on it and hope they're smart enough to fix it. They said they thought they could.

AC clutch didn't engage the other day when I was running the motorhome at 1000 rpm in the driveway, now I'm worried about that.

Baseplate for the silverado came in and I have to install that, ready brake stuff should be arriving soon and have to put that together.

Found out there's a possibility I may have to get a new driver license to drive this thing, Illinois law is so vague. The driver license stations where I live are too small to even drive to them and park it. I had a hard time even parking my dually crew cab there.  Plus would have to have a friend with that endorsement go up there with me, not sure I have any friends with that endorsement. Wondering if my insurance is void without the endorsement.

Fuel filters, belts sitting here looking at me asking when I'm going to install them. Still thinking about buying an air filter. Rain the last 2 days so since I've moved it outside was able to do nothing.

2 months until we planned on leaving for Florida, starting to feel overwhelmed and like things are closing in on me. I know it's not as big a deal as I'm making it, just need to get to work on it.

Hi Michael,

We all feel overwhelmed at times.

Just keep chipping away at things and the list will finally get done. Focus on the ones that would prevent your trip from happening, and do the others as time permits.

The members here will provide support on each issue you are facing. The amount on knowledge on Monacoers is incredible.

Paul

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FishAR said:

Curious if I've done something wrong. A post I made before this is hidden and says it will have to be approved by a moderator, I've never had that happen here before.

There are certain words that get “flagged” by the system software and require moderator approval. I think by the time I saw the approval notice you might have edited it, because I couldn’t find anything wrong with your post.  

The “earthen structure” word shouldn’t get you flagged. 😂

It’s mostly an annoyance for everyone, posters and moderators alike… if I could turn it off I would. 

UPDATE: I still can’t turn it off, but now it will post the first letter and asterisks (for example: d***) for all but the most offensive language, instead of requiring admin approval. I get 1-2 of these per day, so yay.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FishAR said:

I can only tell you from my Texas experience that when I went for the Class B driving test, they did not even try to ask how the coach got there. I had my wife with me and was prepared to say that she drove because she knows everything better. While on the road, the examiner asked if I just got the coach and since I can't lie, I admitted to driving it for few years now. I believe it even made her more relaxed with me knowing that while directing me through a city traffic. The insurance coverage question made me to hurry up with the license after we were in a very expensive 3 vehicle accident in Nebraska, even though it wasn't my fault and my insurance was never involved, it was eye opening.

• Like 1