Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/549-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

05 Ambassador air bags
Gerald H
Air Dryer Keeps Failing
Fonman
Open Neutral
Stephen Dinelle
Open Neutral
Dr4Film
Is this a good buy? 2004 Dip
dl_racing427
Can I increase Cummins ISC power?
smavM2
Trailer Brake Controller Wiring
Tom Cherry
Open Neutral
Chuck B
Open Neutral
Rikadoo
JOHN McCLURE
JDCrow
Modernizing my 2008 Safari Cheetah
tomevansfl
Prime the heating zones in aquahot AHE 100 S
cterryl@sbcglobal.net
Confussion, a place to start......
woodylmiller
Open Neutral
Stephen Dinelle
klcdenver
New TPMS wanted
woodylmiller
Intersate 5 in CA, beware
woodylmiller
New TPMS wanted
Dr4Film
McHughes
JetAburner
Land Lubber
Open Neutral
jfbolkovatz
JetAburner
Gary Cole

Ride height linkage rubber end big cracks
hitechpete

I replaced mine with Rose joints and stainless steel threaded rod.

05 Ambassador air bags
Gerald H

I don’t have the email address handy but if you Google Monaco Rev and provide your vin number they can give a parts list of your coach. I have used them before, they were real nice and helpful. 

Air Dryer Keeps Failing
Fonman

Dunno if this could have any bearing on the first couple, but In general my preference is thread sealer vs teflon tape.

Little shreds can let go and get stuck in valves causing leaks.

Norcold tripping GFCI, heating element replacement, tool for twisting elements.
bobdinsmore

I cannot help you on your question of removing the heating element, but if you are not aware of a reliable safety fix to prevent a fire caused by the 120v element, you should install the ARP (see arprv.com). It's inexpensive. I recommend installing the display in the main living area where you can frequently observe the temperature: I found it educational in better understanding the Norcold operation, such as propane vs 120v, whether it's cutting off the heaters and automatically restarting, stack temp vs outside ambient, etc).

Open Neutral
Stephen Dinelle

2001 Safari Zanzerbar 

Location of outlet: Under the microwave.

So the old outlet needed to be replaced as the test button was no longer working. My mistake was not identifying what wire went where. 

Put the tester on and it indicates an open neutral. I reversed the white wire and still same issue. I reversed the black wires just in case and yes the black is hot. I opened the panel and verified that the neutral side was still secured.

I have an electrician coming (yes liscened electrician), family friend. 

Any suggestions or ideas I hate to waste his time on such a minor issue.

TYIA & BK

Stephen 

Open Neutral
Dr4Film

Sounds as if the outlet is a GFI which requires specific wiring. Should have taken a photo before disassembling the old outlet 

Another version of House batteries not charge while driving.....
jad050

Scotty, Vito,  interesting, I'll take a look...  Don't relish running a wire from back to front of coach...   I am going to patch in a relay to see if my theory works....  If repair gets bigger, I will look hard that the links you provided ...  

Thanks!!!

gjh2916

Attached is a PDF file out of the AquaHot Service Manual for bleeding the interior zones of a AHE 100S

AquaHot Bleeding Procedures.pdf

dl_racing427
15 hours ago, Ivylog said:

Even though NADA prices have increased (1st time in 20 years I’ve been using) my max price is Low Retail without adding any options.

Heck, NADA prices on pickups have been going up for several years.
My county has increased the value on my 2001 Ford Superduty Diesel several times. 😲

Great Price for Blue Seas ML-ACR System with Manual Control
waterskier_1

Is the alternator defective? Why replace it? 

Can I increase Cummins ISC power?
smavM2

Just completed testing of an Ag Solutions Module by PSI Power on my 8.3 ISC cummins. The model they sent me based off of the engine info I sent them was the 12200. Once installed it worked in stock mode with no issues. When I put it in the 15% or 30% mode, which are the only two other than stock that it can be in, the truck would die out and would not build more than about 6psi of boost when you stepped on the throttle very hard. So in affect it actually had less power with it turned on or up that it had in stock mode. I could not accelerate going up hill and go faster when it was on anything other than stock mode. I called for tech support and did what they suggested to no prevail. They did issue me an RMA for a full refund. There really wasn't much to it as it just plugs in to the injector lines and map sensor so other than checking plugs, power and ground connections there wasn't much more to the troubleshooting so I will just leave it stock as it has pretty decent power for what I pull.

Extensive facelift, paint, and new electronics for a 2000 Monaco Diplomat
Scotty Hutto

John,

I’ve received my 360° camera system and am planning my install. I’ve read through the szDalos manual and your instructions (THANK YOU!), but would love to see a few pics of your camera locations and wiring on the roof - if only to validate my thinking.  😉

Also, on the wire loom, when you say small and large, is that the 1/4” and 1/2”, or did you go larger?

Tom Cherry
On 9/13/2021 at 9:39 AM, klcdenver said:

Does anyone know where the 12 volt power source for the center connector on the trailer plug starts and where the fuse is located?

Thanks

On the Camelots.....  There is a Relay that controls it.  The relay is activated or triggered by the Ignition ON circuit. The relay then gets FUSED power...from the Chassis Battery Buss....  The relay and the fuse are in the back or somewhere in the REAR Run area. When the switch is ON, then the relay is closed and you get charging current for the Toad's batteries or a braking system. I have never had to locate the relay.

Here is the schematic for the Camelot Rear Trailer plug.....plus the SUPPOSED color codes...Trailer Plug.pdfTrailer Plug.pdfTrailer Plug.pdf

Here is a link to the print....this works, I think for 2006 - 2008.... Diplomats

https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=153030&d=1488076011

Go to this forum and you will find your answer....it specifically addresses it....

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/trailer-harness-fuse-location-328460.html

You should be good to go.....now you know....

Dr4Film

He claims it is "out ", which to me means it has failed.

I think going to a smaller output alternator is not what I would do.

I went from a 160 amp to a 200 amp. No more worries whether I have enough amps or not.

jacwjames

Yup, but he says the current alternator is a 270 amp unit, no reason he couldn't drop back to a 200 amp which should be plenty. 

waterskier_1
6 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

He claims it is "out ", which to me means it has failed.

I think going to a smaller output alternator is not what I would do.

I went from a 160 amp to a 200 amp. No more worries whether I have enough amps or not.

Missed the "out".  My recommends is to have it rebuilt

Dr4Film
9 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

Yup, but he says the current alternator is a 270 amp unit, no reason he couldn't drop back to a 200 amp which should be plenty. 

Why would they have installed a 270 amp alternator if a 200 one would we plenty?

Ivan K

Maybe he's got 8 batteries? It was an option to have 270A with all electric. Or someone just upgraded to it.

veraken
On 9/17/2021 at 8:31 AM, jacwjames said:

I saw no downside to installing this as it would replace the Lambert, BIRD, and Isolation relay.  

When you replace/remove the BIRD, where do you reconnect the wires (i.e. genset, ignition, solenoid, etc.)?  Do you have a wiring diagram?

Open Neutral
Chuck B

I agree with Richard about the outlet being a GFI outlet.  The wires connecting to the outlet are what you might call daisy chained.  That is why there are two of every color.  There are several types of outlets.  Most of the ones used in RV's are push on wire type.   You are better served letting a electrician fix your issue.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Hancoman

Just to clarify, we bought the motor home a year ago. On my initial service to have the engine looked over the alternator was replaced with the the same amp and voltage LN. Drove across country 6000 miles. Then after a short trip realized the alternator was no longer charging anything. It was rebuilt under warranty it only lasted 50 miles so that is where I am at now. I was looking through my owners manual and saw where the original equipment was a 200 amp alternator PO changed to 270 amp. When alternator was changed a year ago it was bent pulley can’t remember exactly and don’t have paper work with me . The last problems were different alternator got so hot it melted inside

Only have 4 batteries  it is not all electric

Open Neutral
Rikadoo

So i did kinda the same here at the house,(stick an brick) i managed to connect the hot on the wrong position. As you have both sides of the GFI i placed one wire on the top left terminil, i then placed the other on the lower right terminil…. It would not work period! So i used my multi meter an i had power so i raised the right side wire from the lower right terminil to the upper right terminil. Come to find out the lower terminils are for IF your using the GFI to protect another circuit down stream of that plug, so input at the top & others on the bottom…

i broke the golden rule by reading instructions…

jacwjames
4 minutes ago, veraken said:

When you replace/remove the BIRD, where do you reconnect the wires (i.e. genset, ignition, solenoid, etc.)?  Do you have a wiring diagram?

Here is a wiring diagram that I printed off the instructions, if you go to one the links to a Bluesea there will be complete set of instructions on how to wire.

I used the Auxillary start wire that controlled the old Isolation relay from the dash switch, this is what switches the ML-ACR.   I also used the ground wire.   I then had to run a new wire for the LED function from the ML-ACR all the way to the dash, this is designated by the yellow wire. 

The rest of the wires on ML-ACR I did not use.  But if you want to disable the ML-ACR during starting and or while running the generator it would be an easy add on. 

The wires that were attached to my BIRD are not needed, unless you want to disable the generator, you'd simply connect the generator wire from the BIRD to the Isolation #1 brown wire.  For me this would be ~2' of wire and a couple connectors. 

Bluesea ML-ACRs wiring diagram.pdf

veraken
3 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

Here is a wiring diagram that I printed off the instructions, if you go to one the links to a Bluesea there will be complete set of instructions on how to wire.

I used the Auxillary start wire that controlled the old Isolation relay from the dash switch, this is what switches the ML-ACR.   I also used the ground wire.   I then had to run a new wire for the LED function from the ML-ACR all the way to the dash, this is designated by the yellow wire. 

The rest of the wires on ML-ACR I did not use.  But if you want to disable the ML-ACR during starting and or while running the generator it would be an easy add on. 

The wires that were attached to my BIRD are not needed, unless you want to disable the generator, you'd simply connect the generator wire from the BIRD to the Isolation #1 brown wire.  For me this would be ~2' of wire and a couple connectors. 

Bluesea ML-ACRs wiring diagram.pdf 265.19 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks.  My concern was about the extra wires from the BIRD and what to do with them.

JOHN McCLURE

Might find one cheaper, I have a '05 PDQ, that is my only home, very pleased with it. I am sure the most bang for the buck. Good advice, get oil analized, no particular reason, just good practice. Also pulls my G M C terrain no problem.

John McClure

JDCrow
1 hour ago, dl_racing427 said:

Heck, NADA prices on pickups have been going up for several years.
My county has increased the value on my 2001 Ford Superduty Diesel several times. 😲

Yes, I could sell my 2017 Superduty with 40k on it for what I paid for it new 

8 minutes ago, JOHN McCLURE said:

Might find one cheaper, I have a '05 PDQ, that is my only home, very pleased with it. I am sure the most bang for the buck. Good advice, get oil analized, no particular reason, just good practice. Also pulls my G M C terrain no problem.

John McClure

I’ve pull Blackstone on my Superduty every oil change. It helps to show any wear on bearings and such. They have such a huge data base they can tell you what’s going on internally. Not sure it’s worth it to the next guy when I sell it, but it is peace of mind 

StellaTariche

Hi Scott,

Let me try to find actual roof photos for you.

in the interim her is a description:

Rear camera: mounted just above or below the typical rear Monaco camera indent. Wire goes into the end cap and comes out the air intake on the roof. Run the wire up the center, using dicor and 3m tape backed wire holders with small zip ties

side cameras: depends on your slide configuration and your fridge chimney. My setup has the one big slide on the driver’s side, and the fridge is on the passenger side.

Passenger side camera: mounted about 6” below the roof belt line, under and clear of the rolled up awning.  Wire is wrapped in insulated metal foil tape and goes up the chimney for about a foot. Exit though the vent cap, run the the center to meet the rear and driver’s side cable.

‘Driver’s side cable (big slide side):  trickier. I mounted the camera on the slide, left 2.5’ of slack (hidden by the slide awning). I put 2 pieces of 2”x2” clear canvas repair tape on both sides of the slide awning where I punched a small hole and put in a grommet. The wire will show as it passes over the roof radius, so after sheathing it in UV protected woven sleeve ( polypropylene) I rattle canned it to match the paint. Almost invisible from all angles.   Runt that to the center to meet the other two wires.

Sleeving: I used the 1/4” for each individual cable (takes a while, and buy a big roll). After the three wires meet in the middle of the roof, I used 3/4” to sleeve the already sleeved individual cables.

Front cable: as close to the windshield without going through the glass. It will pop out behind your front cabinet, although you may need to cut a hole in the front cabinet back to fish it out.

I have solar on the roof, so I zipped the camera cables to the solar cables for neatness.  No cross talk either.

The three camera cables (rear, left, right) enter where my old dish antenna was. WireGuard makes a sealable roof plate for the cables to enter.

Bundle and run all the wires down through the driver’s side A pillar (flexes and comes out with removal of a few screws). While you are there, run another HDMI cable from under the dash up to your main TV monitor (a or stereo receiver- I use regular home Onkyo equipment instead of car stereo amps, and a small separate 400w inverter mounted in the front electrical bay to power just the Wifi system, camera, stereo and sub woofer.  That way I can leave just that low loss inverter on instead of my main 3000w inverter. 

Tie into the power and ground under the dash.I tied mine into the left and right turn signals, but not the backup, as I have another camera dedicated to just the backup and hitch. I tapped the 12v from the dash radio power, as my dash radio is really another monitor for the dedicated rear/hitch camera.

The 360 system accepts memory cards and USB drives, either of which record everything like a dvr.  Make the control unit it accessible because mem cards and usb drives have a limited life (years, but still).  You will want to back up your settings, especially the calibration settings, for when something dies.  That way you can replace the controller or mem card and not have to re-calibrate.  Also useful if in an accident for insurance  

another, more robust option is to use a small portable ssd drive (64G is, I think, the max size). They support many more write cycles than a good mem card or usb thumb drive.

Monitor(s): I used the 10” monitor that they sell, and use the HDMI cable.  I put in an HDMI splitter too, so I can see the 360 camera in my main TV, and since I have the front and rear TVs connected with an HDMI cable, I can use the 360 system as a security camera (the night vision is awesome).

D2C8C9F6-EFDA-4117-AB1C-19FFFB421596.jpeg

16D65068-712C-4126-BD59-476BCDF76A5E.jpeg

AD9D883E-5716-459F-B502-F1F069441BDD.jpeg

6924BC7D-4F71-4E3F-90D1-6168715CD079.jpeg

BBF9A662-DD95-4004-B244-6C5062D4D872.jpeg

C0190163-A3B1-4BC2-8FE1-770BBFB183B9.jpeg

3085115E-C38F-4F6A-91B3-72A0D401ACC5.jpeg

E51885C8-F910-4827-AD70-93807F368339.jpeg

2AF91F1F-F2C7-4BEF-9AF1-72311471BFBA.jpeg

Notice that you can barely see the small painted camera. And the dash display lines up like a video game when you drive. It in no way blocks your vision 

Chuck B
13 hours ago, ok-rver said:

There are many out there that have already replaced there Norcold with a residential. THIS POST IS NOT FOR YOU.  This post is for those that for one or more of many different reasons have elected to continue using our Norcold. I am aware that this refrigerator has caused fires.

For the second time in the last 40 days, GFCI at our storage bay started tripping. This time, several to many minutes after the Norcold was turned on to 120v. About the only thing on the frig that would trip the GFCI is the heating elements. Our 1200 has two elements. Sure enough, the insulation at the entrance of the wires into the sheath were grounding out on the element closest to the outside wall. I was able to get under the element with a small pair of channel locks and twist the element within the boiler sleeve.  Rust buster on both elements.  I used sheet plastic and towels to keep the spray from the boiler insulation.  I did find that puddling a bit of the RB liquid in a cup and using a screw driver tip to carry a drop of liquid to the tube top was the most efficient way to get lube to flow down around the element. Probably the first time the element has been replaced as I had to cut the boiler insulation above the element. Finally got the element out. The back element does not have much room and it never turned. Electrical insulation on the back element was good so elected to leave in place for now.

Been thinking over the last few days of how to get in to rotate the element if(when) it has to be replace. I came up with the idea of cutting a notch in a socket that would accept the element and a racket could be used to apply leverage. Picture shows the element inside the slot cut in the socket. This has NOT been tested. I know there is room under the front element. I am pretty sure I can get under the back element. The socket was a cheap no name 13/16" 1/2" drive Taiwanese that I have no idea were it came from. Easy to carry in the tool box and will give it a try the next time someone needs to free up an element. When you are pulling an element, you probably have tested the element and know it is bad. There is a possibility that the contact with the slot will dimple the sheath of the element. If you get a chance to use something like this or have a better tool, let use know.

A washer inside the socket and a screw into a 2x4 did a good job of holding the socket in place while I ground.

HRS Norcold heat element wrench.JPG

Norcold has a fix that replaces the metal tube where it enters the flu tube with a Bakelite type wire fixture.  The tube was a poor design that causes many of fires. 

I was a part of a class action law suit against Norcold.  Norcold settled the suit with a montary payments over a several year time.  

Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Scotty Hutto

Thanks so much!  I have three slides, so my sides will be a little different.  I’m about to go do some maintenance, take pictures and measurements…

I’ll post my results when I get ‘er done.

Scotty

Yoaks5

That camera set up looks very cool and helpful! It's one of the upgrades I'm planning to do this winter. 

Thanks for the detailed write up John... I'll be stealing a lot of your design 😀.

tomevansfl

So Mike, where do you live? The wife and I are planning an “epic road trip” cross country next summer. I’m thinking I might drop in on you to get some work done on our Diplomat!😉😇

cterryl@sbcglobal.net

Download the service manual from AquaHot. I had my unit out of the motorhome to repair a leak at the back of it. When putting it back in I came across the part about bleeding the air out of the lines. It's been awhile but as I remember there is a way to start the pumps without the electric or diesel heat being on. You don't want either to turn on if you had an air lock in the hoses and it clears and the coolant level drops. As they explained it this was pretty important.

Confussion, a place to start......
woodylmiller

Thanks to all.  We have arrived at oThankur winter destination and I'll start the checking the system.  The Trojans are now about 4 years old and were run down to almost death thanks to the fine folks at Cummins that had the coach in for service and it sat for a month or so and they didn't turn the batteries off.  Trojan came and picked up the batteries and took them to their shop for recharging prior to needing to replace them under warranty.  Their industrial charger got them back to full charge and the batteries seem to have been fine.  And for the last couple of years the voltage shown on the Magnum display is over 13 volts which I would expect at full charge.  We never boondock and this is the first time we tried to  run on the house batteries instead of the gen since we were stuck for the night.  To see a start voltage at 12.4 to run the inverter seemed way too low.  Once inverting the voltage was dropping a tenth of a volt every couple of minutes.  So I went to the gen for power instead of running the Trojans down to nothing overnight.  We went with the Trojan 8D's, 4 of them, to be able to handle an emergency like we had when the tire went flat.  By the way, on this trip we had 3 of the stainless braided valve extensions go bad.  $300 in charges for mobile tire repairs to have the tires aired back up and one new Schrader valve.  The remaining 3 valve extensions will soon be going in the garbage. 

If got a good Fluke meter so I'm going to start by comparing the Magnum readings with the Fluke.  Then onto cleaning and connections and taking a close look at the Big Boy.  The latching relay for the salesman switch was "jumped" some time back, but I don't think that's the problem.  Magnum has great tech service so I'll be giving them a call as well.

Thanks, Woody Miller

Open Neutral
Stephen Dinelle

I'll take some picks and share

klcdenver

Thanks . Good info. I found the fuse blowed in the rear panel yesterday for the trailer charging. Never found the wire for the electric brake controller under the dash or side panel. I gave up and just ordered a Curt Echo RF wireless brake controller. 

RNMCBR

Mike,

if you can clear enough space you could try heating the outer tube with a small propane or butane torch to release the element. You only need 100-200 degrees heat to expand it enough to release the corrosion. 
I know I might get wire brushed for suggesting this, so please don’t. I’ve done this and understand the risks.

Roy

New TPMS wanted
woodylmiller

Is there a system that will let you isolate and monitor a single tire?  I have the EEZ system now which has been OK.  But, I have recently on this trip had 3 valve extension hoses go bad.  When one went bad I needed to watch how quickly I was losing air.  The EEZ system rolls through all 12 tires one at a time.  Not good.  I wanted to know in real time what was going on with the one tire that was losing air.  Is there a system that lets you isolate a tire or tires instead of "rolling" through all the tires?  

Last mobile tire guy that came out really opened my eyes to the extenders and how they can cause problems.  He showed my how they destroy Schrader valves, the rubber tube inside the braided lines are cheap and useless.  Yes, it's real pain without the extenders, but so is sitting on the side of the road waiting on the mobile tire guy to show up.  The last extender that went bad was on one of the inside dually's.  Removing that extender was just a ton of fun trying to get my hands between the tires.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

2005 Signature passenger front HWH X-Slide chain replacement
Hypoxia

I discovered a broken plastic roller on the aft X Slide in the bedroom.  I can replace that chain fairly easy as it has good access but what are the odds of other rollers in the other chains breaking in the near future?  I haven't ever had an RV in a repair shop in over 35 years but wonder if it should go to HWH next summer.  They could replace all 4 chains and rebuild the hydraulic cylinders in one fell swoop. 

Grrr, it's going to fester in my head until I can't stand it and  just go out and remove the chain.  That's what always happens. :classic_wacko: It seems like a new chain link and roller should be available.

woodylmiller

Lost another hub cap.  The roads suck.  Beware, there is a stretch of hwy 5 around Buttonwillow in Ca where they are doing work.  The south bound lanes will switch and you go left on part of the old north bound lanes.  There is a sign that will say slow down, rough road.  Get in the left lane and stay there.  The right lane is unsafe at any speed.  The potholes are big enough to hold fish and boat in.  The worst of any road we have seen in North America.  We lost the hub cap before we got to that stretch of road.  I saw the other semi's move to the left lane ahead of me and I followed their lead and I did not have to suffer the damage that stretch of road could do to a motorhome.  Just a heads up.

Woody Miller

New TPMS wanted
Dr4Film

Good luck trying to find a TPMS that does exactly what you are wanting it to.

In regards to the extenders, I have posted numerous times on the old Yahoo Monacoers site and here about getting rid of any and all extenders as they are an accident waiting to happen.

Single piece stems from Borg are the only stems I will allow to be used on the wheels on my coach. They have been there ever since 2010. I only had one problem with one of the inside dual wheels which was the stem was not made correctly and it allowed for the Dyna Beads to get lodged inside the stem. I made Borg aware of the problem and they gave me a brand new one to replace the defective one which solved the problem.

The important fact is that I have never had to deal with any leaks, etc.

I purchased a set for the front wheels and a dually set for the rear wheels which came with the special donuts to stabilize the long inside stem as it makes its way through the outside dual wheel.

https://yourtireshopsupply.com/manufacturer/38/borg-equipment

It's best to call them directly to make sure you are ordering the correct parts for your wheels. Since I was in Southern California at the time, they were right down the street from where I was staying.

McHughes

Lancaster Kalifornia,  Actually about 10 miles west of town. Out in the country.

JetAburner

Our Caltrans dollars hard at work, NOT. Another horribly mismanaged state agency.

Land Lubber

CA has let their roads deteriorate for so many years, then a tax proposition to fund highway improvements was passed. Once the tax was levied, the state shifts money previously allocated for roads to other uses. We are seeing some improvements but it will take years to get to where the roads should be.

Bob Blackmon

Installed 2004 all electric Signature. All electric had 5 8D with room for 7 and 2 4D start batteries. 270amp alternator

20210918_093100.jpg

Open Neutral
jfbolkovatz

Stephen,

Assuming you are comfortable with a volt meter, you should use the instructions in the packing. Verify which black is power, whites are neutral - no power between them and or ground. Neutral from the power panel with the positive or black wire should have 120V 

Load is the power receptacles down stream from the GFI should all have no continuity to ground all open.

Follow the instructions on the packaging, is my recomendation.

JetAburner

Well said.

jacwjames
4 hours ago, veraken said:

Thanks.  My concern was about the extra wires from the BIRD and what to do with them.

Nothing for now for now, I left the BIRD and Lambert in place until I was sure everything was OK.  Tiime to remove.

Gary Cole

Both Oregon and Washington have a public agenda with the goal of forcing people into public transportation, riding  bicycles, and walking. Oregon recently spent $200,000,00 replacing a heavily used 4 lane bridge which crossed the Willamette with a bike-pedestrian only bridge which is little more than a postcard novelty. Now that previous traffic is funneled into an existing bottleneck which the state has no intention of ever replacing. All by design. 

Gary Cole

Mike I always use an impact, letting it hammer for a bit , when working with seized threads. They are inexpensive and can prevent a small job from turning into a disaster. Broken stainless steel bolt in aluminum bike block- couldn't save block- expensive lesson for a newbie.

New TPMS wanted
jacwjames

I bought a TST507 system. 

You might be able to trick into monitoring the tire you want by raising the low pressure tire alarm to just below you are running, then when you tire gets to that level the TST507 displays that tire continuously until you turn the alarm off.  

Found this out by having a high temp alarm go off on a tire after descending a long steep grade and my front tire temps hit the alarm and it kept showing that tire until I could get to a place and shut it off. 

WCourand

Oh so true Oregon and Washington are racing to catch up with California stupidity.  They make have a ways to go to learn how to steal and mis appropriate funds for public improvements.  Very sad day when we are dealing with these types of problems.

New TPMS wanted
rpasetto
4 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Good luck trying to find a TPMS that does exactly what you are wanting it to.

In regards to the extenders, I have posted numerous times on the old Yahoo Monacoers site and here about getting rid of any and all extenders as they are an accisent waiting to happen.

Single piece stems from Borg are the only stems I will allow to be used on the wheels on my coach. They have been there ever since 2010. I only had one problem with one of the inside dual wheels which was the stem was not made correctly and it allowed for the Dyna Beads to get lodged inside the stem. I made Borg aware of the problem and they gave me a brand new one to replace the defective one which solved the problem.

The important fact is that I have never had to deal with any leaks, etc.

I purchased a set for the front wheels and a dually set for the rear wheels which came with the special donuts to stabilize the long inside stem as it makes its way through the outside dual wheel.

https://yourtireshopsupply.com/manufacturer/38/borg-equipment

It's best to call them directly to make sure you are ordering the correct parts for your wheels. Since I was in Southern California at the time, they were right down the street from where I was staying.

+1 on that. 

I recall seeing your post about his a while back and ordered a set from the same place with the Monaco-D-shape rubber plugs.  I had the set in my bay for a short time when one of my braided extensions started leaking and had a mobile tire guy change them all out.  

Land Lubber
21 minutes ago, WCourand said:

Oh so true Oregon and Washington are racing to catch up with California stupidity.  They make have a ways to go to learn how to steal and mis appropriate funds for public improvements.  Very sad day when we are dealing with these types of problems.

One of the big problems is the never ending desire to build bicycle paths which are rarely used versus roads which are so badly needed. As Gary stated earlier the issue is the push to force us into using public transportation. Fuel taxes are continually going up in order to penalize those of us who don't want to "take the bus" to go camping!

New TPMS wanted
Jeeper44

There are several TPMS systems that will monitor each tire individually. I have one from Amazon that is solar powered and sits on my dash and it has all 6 tire pressures shown at the same time. If any individual tire alarms for low pressure or high temperature I can see immediately which tire it is. I'm actually looking at one now that will show all 6 tires on the RV and the 4 tires on my toad.

The system I got is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HMZZFRF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dr4Film

I would get rid of those two heaters and install the upgraded redesigned heaters that Norcold switch to after discovering why the old original heaters were causing fires.

https://jc-refrigeration.com/product/heating-element-225w-120v-u/

Definitely recommend the Fridge Defend Unit for any NotSoCold still in service. https://www.arprv.com/norcold-ac-heater.php

Slide Sealant Caulking
Denny Wagaman

Which sealant should be used for this particular location?  I think Tom Cherry told us the different uses for the different types of surfaces or vertical or horizontal uses. I thought that I had made a copy but it is not in my binder.

I don't follow this as much as I used to but quickly peruse most actually a few of the daily

messages. 

Denny Wagaman

2011 Camelot DFT 43

Denny Wagaman

One thing that I have learned in life is IF YOU LIKE IT and can afford it BUY IT! I have followed this advice that I give freely. I made an offer on a property thinking that I was offering a fair price for it; Another person bought it paying full price. Every time my wife and I went by that home we said OMG what a mistake we made not offering the full price. Within 6 months the buyer put the home on the market at a higher price and we jumped and it was our for almost 20 years. I have purchased cars other properties, and yes 4 MH's because I or my wife remembered our one time mistake. we are not careless but if YOU have looked around and YOU know this is the one for you then buy it. Other people have no idea and place to much importance on GETTIMG A GOOD DEAL. The home I live in prime example the MH I drive another. There comes a time in life that having what is important to you trumps losing what you want.

Denny Wagaman

2011 Monaco Camelot DFT 43

Denny Wagaman

you know what is actually a good buy? the only definition of a GOOD BY is the buyer. Sure one can pay more for a product than its worth (now) but if you plane to keep it time heals most if not all purchases that might be more than its worth in some one else's opinion. It's your opinion that matters most. 

As we all know our hobby generally speaking goes down and down in value. So are we trying to cover our losses when we first purchase our home on wheels..... who knows who cares when you get what you want and you are satisfied all around. Live life and buy what you can afford or don't buy what you can't afford. simple. 

Denny Wagaman

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.