Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/550-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

New TPMS wanted
tmw188
Prime the heating zones in aquahot AHE 100 S
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
Intersate 5 in CA, beware
Dr4Film
TST tpms
Rivrman2
TST tpms
Dr4Film
TST tpms
Mark B
TST tpms
Paul Busch
New TPMS wanted
BJO30228
New TPMS wanted
David Pratt
Preventing DUVAC alternator problems
Scotty Hutto
Inside passenger step cover
RS lakeshore
jacwjames
cbr046
Paul A.
Paul A.
Rikadoo
Gary Cole
TST tpms
Ron Jones
96 EVO
Dr4Film
09 Monaco Dynasty ISM 500 will not start
woodylmiller
vanwill52
System heat
Rowlett
dl_racing427
RS lakeshore
Open Neutral
ok-rver
Recovering Captains chairs in Tucson
63Hotrod
Land Lubber
System heat
Scotty Hutto
New carpet or tile.
Donflem
New carpet or tile
Donflem
New carpet or tile
Dr4Film
New carpet or tile.
wayne.cerven@gmail.com
New carpet or tile
Donflem
New carpet or tile
Ernie Ekberg
New carpet or tile.
Donflem
New carpet or tile
Donflem
System heat
Rick A

New TPMS wanted
tmw188
17 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Good luck trying to find a TPMS that does exactly what you are wanting it to.

In regards to the extenders, I have posted numerous times on the old Yahoo Monacoers site and here about getting rid of any and all extenders as they are an accident waiting to happen.

Single piece stems from Borg are the only stems I will allow to be used on the wheels on my coach. They have been there ever since 2010. I only had one problem with one of the inside dual wheels which was the stem was not made correctly and it allowed for the Dyna Beads to get lodged inside the stem. I made Borg aware of the problem and they gave me a brand new one to replace the defective one which solved the problem.

The important fact is that I have never had to deal with any leaks, etc.

I purchased a set for the front wheels and a dually set for the rear wheels which came with the special donuts to stabilize the long inside stem as it makes its way through the outside dual wheel.

https://yourtireshopsupply.com/manufacturer/38/borg-equipment

It's best to call them directly to make sure you are ordering the correct parts for your wheels. Since I was in Southern California at the time, they were right down the street from where I was staying.

I need a couple for two of my hand holds. I assume you just give them your wheel model number stamped on the wheel, in my case Accuride? 

Help identifying engine fan controller components
planodp

I'm getting the coach ready to head out to he North West to see the great American beauty. In a year when I finally call it quit! I know that I'll have to claim many 6-7% grade hill. I have been reading a lot on overheating like this post  https://www.monacoers.org/topic/2870-seeking-source-for-fan-control-for-hydraulic-fan/ . I ready don't know what kind of controller I have and any upgrade suggestion. Attached is what is currently installed on my 04 Executive 500 ISM. The bottom valve have 2 wire connector attach to it. Thank you!

Bottom valve.jpg

Top valve.jpg

Loss of 12v.....NOT caused by a "salesman switch/solenoid"
tcbrow

Ok, I learned about the salesman's switch the hard way, getting to know my Diplomat. Please tell me about this rear switch. I have not come across it. '01 Diplomat.

Prime the heating zones in aquahot AHE 100 S
bmulvenna@hotmail.com

Thanks to all who have responded. I will try the suggestions a try.

Loss of 12v.....NOT caused by a "salesman switch/solenoid"
Dr4Film

Tom, your Diplomat may not have this switch which would be located in the engine compartment.

It was mainly installed there to be used by mechanics so they wouldn't have to go back to the front inside to start the engine after working on it for what ever reason.

I use it to start the engine after the service techs have done routine oil and filter service each year. if there is any fuel or oil leak I can shut the engine off quickly back there.

jacwjames

The second picture is of a thermovalve.   http://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/553109857210.html

Dr4Film
18 hours ago, JetAburner said:

Our Caltrans dollars hard at work, NOT. Another horribly mismanaged state agency.

And yet the residents keep endorsing the people responsible for the mismanagement of state dollars. What does that tell you about the intelligence of those that keep doing the same thing getting the same results but expecting something different and better. ROTFLMFAO

TST tpms
Rivrman2

This system seems to be the system of choice but their kits only include up to eight sensors. Including my toad I need 10 sensors. Thoughts?

TST tpms
Dr4Film

You are not looking in the right places.

https://tinyurl.com/48w5xrtk

TST tpms
Paul Busch

I put 12 Bellacorp on 3 years ago and love them. Easy to program, change batteries, and move around. Also with my 45’ I have no trouble receiving signal from toad tires. 
paulb

New TPMS wanted
BJO30228

Jeeper44

I'm going to site you posted about monitor like to no more about I need 4 for the tow car also 

Thanks for your info

New TPMS wanted
David Pratt

Pressure Pro will do exactly what you are looking for.

Scotty Hutto

@vanwill52, @pwhittle, @Bob Nodine

I have my ML-ACR in hand.  My coach (2006 Dip) has a LN 160A alternator, an Isolation Relay Delay (IRD), and a Trombetta. I don’t have the BIRD, Big Boy, or (to my knowledge) an SSI.  I added a Amp-L-Start a few years back.

There are 4 wires into the Trombetta…. Coach+, Chassis+, purple (goes to IRD), and white (battery combiner switch). 

E505CBA4-D4DB-45A4-B298-5915E3DE75DA.thumb.jpeg.38ea9216233cbf6a0238f4f49d42db8f.jpeg

B5F84782-7A21-478F-BA6B-4A2DAB562016.thumb.jpeg.fb335c42a1c060cf03018109e5acb716.jpeg

Looking at the schematics, it appears I could use the white wire to connect to the remote switch that comes with the ML-ACR. The purple “voltage sensing” wire to the IRD could be run up from the FRB and used for the LED.  I would need to add +12v and ground from the front run bay (directly below the switch).

The Trombetta, Amp-L-Start, and IRD would be removed.

What am I missing? Reading the above posts, apparently I need to run an additional wire for the remote, but if I already have the white wire running to the battery combiner and the purple wire to the IRD, it seems that those would work?

Also, would I need to make any changes to my alternator wiring? I plan to change out the alternator to the Delco unit before we go on our “big adventure” next year. 

Finally, (for bonus points🤣) I’m thinking I could pull the start signal “Isolation #1” from the starter solenoid.  Then, the next bay over I have the AGS module for my Magnum inverter. There is a generator run sense wire going to that. Could I piggyback on that as the “Isolation #2” signal for the generator?

Any and all advice appreciated. 

Another version of House batteries not charge while driving.....
Scotty Hutto

Jim,

You *may* not need to run a wire. I posted some questions for the experts on the “ML-ACR” thread mentioned above.  I suspect our coaches are wired almost identically. It may be a pretty easy fix. 

RS lakeshore

I was cleaning passenger side panel an touched step cover switch. It came part way out an stopped. Now it will not do anything. I checked fuse in front running box an it was good. Not sure what category to be in for this problem but I need help as we are leaving our location.  Thanks!

Extensive facelift, paint, and new electronics for a 2000 Monaco Diplomat
frankogrly

It appears you live in Colorado as I do. I will swap my 01 Endeavor for your Uberbounder. LOL Great job, you are highly skilled and created a fantastic coach.

Frank O

01 Endeavor

jacwjames

Not sure how my Isolation solenoid is compared to yours but I had one ground wire White, that I used for the ML-ACR, and a wire from the BIRD which for me was Purple that also was the auxiliary switch wire, I just pulled the spade off the BIRD so that I could use the wire for the front switch.

I had to run one extra wire from the ML-ACR to the auxiliary start switch in the dash, this connected to the yellow wire.  This is what provides the light single to the switch showing what it's status is (ON, AUTO, OFF). 

Using the generator sense wire on my Bird is what I was going to do if I decide to isolate the ML-ACR when the generator was running, haven't done it yet but an easy fix to prevent the alternator from competing with the generator. 

cbr046

If there's not enough air pressure it won't fully deploy or retract. 

Did you start the engine and let air pressure build up?

Good luck,

- bob

Paul A.

Look underneath the cover. There may be a "screen door"  type coiled spring that needs to be re-connected at one of the ends of it. 

Paul A.

YOU get what YOU VOTE for.

Rikadoo

Without getting all up in the reason for these failures, i hope everyone who decided this is what they wanted are getting everthing they ever desired😒 Now all i want is to be able to live out what i had dreamed about (retirement) all the while i was workin for a living.

Gary Cole
3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

And yet the residents keep endorsing the people responsible for the mismanagement of state dollars. What does that tell you about the intelligence of those that keep doing the same thing getting the same results but expecting something different and better. ROTFLMFAO

Winston Churchill observed that the single best argument against democracy was a 5 minute conservation with a voter.

TST tpms
Ron Jones

I have 8 working Flo-Thru sensors and new batteries for sale. See them here... https://tinyurl.com/shne7uz6  Contact me direct at rej@gte.net

96 EVO

I've left 2 hubcaps on the side of I-5 over the last several years 😖!

Dr4Film

Is it driven electrically or by air pressure? Good to know before attempting to give you useful information that pertains to your setup.

woodylmiller

I am having a similar problem.  When cold I have no problems.  When hot after driving the starter will not engage and crank the engine.  Not always but most of the time.  It may take several attempts to get it to crank, once it does crank it starts without a problem.  I have decided after some research that it is one of the two starter solenoids.  I plan to replace both and maybe the starter motor as well.  Nothing worse than stopping for fuel, shutting off the engine and then waiting for the engine to start again.  Last time it took about 7 or 8 attempts to start.  When first thing in the morning, no problem ever, just after driving and shutting down.  Doesn't make much sense.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty, ISM500

vanwill52

Scotty, as of now, I have not replaced a BIRD with the ML-ACR, but I'm sure I'll be faced with it at some time in the near future.  Sorry I can't help.  Paul Whittle may be able to help you.  I know you two guys are close friends.

System heat
Rowlett

I’ve owned this unit for about a year and I can’t figure out how to turn the furnace on. I’ve gone as far as testing the furnace power. 
There is no thermostat to run the furnace anywhere, only a “system heat” Button. Ive only Ran the heat pumps in the ac units, I’ve never figured out how the furnace turns on. The thermostat for ac is dual zone and does not switch to a furnace mode. Am I missing something?

dl_racing427
3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

So true.  I've come to the conclusion that there's nothing LESS common than "common sense". SMDH

RS lakeshore

It is air and I just learned. That! Thank you thank you the cover works l. This forum is awesome.

Open Neutral
ok-rver

Not real clear and other posts touch on a potential issue. If there are only 3 wires, black, white, and bare, inside a jacket, they should go to the supply (line) side of the GFCI. By having a white that is giving you an open neutral, it appears you may have a second set of three wire that are used to feed a downstream outlet (load). These will go as a set on the load terminals of the GFCI and will be protected just like the GFCI outlet is. Wire groups can not be mixed on the line and load terminals on the GFCI. The black and the white of electrical feed (line) must have the same current or the GFCI will trip and therefore must be connect to the supply (breaker). The GFCI is also looking for the white neutral and the bare ground to not be connected downstream of the GFCI.

Some GFCIs will have two places on the line terminals to plug in a black/white wires. This is used to pass the unprotected by GFCI power to another outlet. 20 years ago GFCI's were very expensive, over $50. The load terminals were used to pass GFCI protect power to a second outlet, maybe a different bathroom. When I remodeled, I passed the power thru to the second bathroom and installed a GFCI as the outlet for that bathroom. Breaker at panel still limited total current to 20 amps. Two hair dryers in different bathrooms could trip a breaker, same as b4. Having two GFCI's allows a nuisance trip from mis-plugging in something to be reset in the second bathroom.

63Hotrod

Can anyone recommend a shop in Tucson who could do this type of work

Ivan K
23 minutes ago, woodylmiller said:

I am having a similar problem.  When cold I have no problems.  When hot after driving the starter will not engage and crank the engine.  Not always but most of the time.  It may take several attempts to get it to crank, once it does crank it starts without a problem.  I have decided after some research that it is one of the two starter solenoids.  I plan to replace both and maybe the starter motor as well.  Nothing worse than stopping for fuel, shutting off the engine and then waiting for the engine to start again.  Last time it took about 7 or 8 attempts to start.  When first thing in the morning, no problem ever, just after driving and shutting down.  Doesn't make much sense.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty, ISM500

There is such thing as starter heat soak. If you are positive that there is good power coming to the starter, I would get a new one, preferably a geared one. In my racing days we used heat shields and wraps to protect them from exhaust header heat for the same reason.

Fonman

You have the good (in my opinion) thermostatic wax valve along with an electric over ride which I believe is to run the fan when you have the AC on.

Land Lubber
27 minutes ago, dl_racing427 said:

So true.  I've come to the conclusion that there's nothing LESS common than "common sense". SMDH

The only sense that many folks have is what they carry in their pockets!

System heat
Scotty Hutto

If you have the Dometic Comfort Control Center (CCC) thermostat, the Mode button should cycle between off/ac/heat pump/furnace.

If “furnace” isn’t showing up, you may not have power to the furnace (blown fuse, bad connection), or there might be a loose connection in the control wiring somewhere. 

The ccc connects to a control box in the front AC, which then has connections to you furnace.  (See wiring diagram below). 

The first thing to try is check fuses (I’m sure you’ve done that). Next, remove the thermostat and unplug the phone wire to the thermostat and clean the contacts. For troubleshooting purposes, a pencil eraser will work for that. Next would be the contacts in the front AC. After that start checking wiring to the furnace. 
Hope this helps. 

E490B787-37A3-42AE-A55B-9D491AD3A421.thumb.jpeg.24a5716e4da45ca32ec393107212c639.jpeg

Extensive facelift, paint, and new electronics for a 2000 Monaco Diplomat
waterskier_1
On 9/18/2021 at 10:23 AM, Scotty Hutto said:

Thanks so much!  I have three slides, so my sides will be a little different.  I’m about to go do some maintenance, take pictures and measurements…

I’ll post my results when I get ‘er done.

Scotty

Scotty, I have purchased the same camera system for my 2005 Exec.  It has 3 slides all with Girard Slide Toppers, which looked like a good place to mount the cameras.  That way I wouldn't have the problem of mounting it on the slide itself (although that would not give good coverage when parked with the slides out).  I talked with John about this, and he though that might be okay.  I was up on the ladder looking closer, and I'm not sure how stable a mounting surface that would yield.  John has said that if the camera gets bumped or slightly out of position, a complete re-calibration is required.  I measured where the cameras would go if they were exactly half way between the front and rear.  My coach measures approximately 41' 2" from bumper to bumper.  That means the half-way point would be 20'7".  I then measured from the front to the rear of slide on each side.  One side is 22'6" and and the other side is 18' 6".  I did all kinds of calculations looking at the percent difference between mounting just behind the slide on the body of the coach, and ended up with several Excel pages, but none told me how much the software could handle.  I again talked to John, and he said he wouldn't worry about not  being perfectly half-way.  He mentioned that these camera kits were originally developed for automobiles and were to be mounted in the side view mirrors.  Obviously the side view mirrors are not 1/2 between the front and rear.  So, my approach will be to mount the cameras just aft of the longer slide, and I think I'll match the other side camera the same distance, even though I could mount it closer to the 1/2 way point.  I think it might be easier for the calibration process if both side cameras are the same distance from the front.

Next I considered the method John used to get the camera cables into the coach.  I currently have a 8" x 8" junction box mounted on my roof near the refrigerator vent that has 1-1/2" PVC conduit running through the refer vent cavity into the bay below.  I have several cable runs going through this conduit - 3 solar cable runs, and wifi ranger cables for the external wifi ranger system.  I have room to run through that conduit, which would get me into the basement, and then could take off the bay ceiling panels and run the cable up front.  But John also mentioned something:  The "brains" should be easily accessible so you can get the SD card with recording out in a hurry incase you need to provide to police/law enforcement.  That brought me to the next question: Where do I want to mount the "brains".  I considered mounting it in the overhead up front like John did, but my cabinets up front are really small.  I have a ceiling mount TV so the front cabinets didn't have to house a TV like many do.  I looked at how I would get the camera cables to the "brains", and also how I would get the HDMI cable to the monitor, and where I would mount the monitor.  I purchased a 10" monitor, and decided to mount it to the bottom of the front overhead cabinets.  I found a mount that will fold 90° so it would be out of the way.  It wouldn't be in the way in any case.  So, now I know the monitor location, I took out the vanity panels on the drop down TV and tried to figure out how to get the camera cables into the front overhead cabinets.  On my old Dynasty, I could see the roof up front including the clearance lights, but not on this Exec.  It's full of insulation.  The overhead cabinets don't have a removable ceiling, they appear to be boxes that were screwed together and mounted as a unit.  So, I looked at other options.  I have a small cabinet on the upper side just above and aft of where the driver's head would be.  I can't visually see the roof from it, but I'm pretty sure I can drill straight down from the roof into this area.  So, I think that's where the brain will live.  I'll have to run power, and backup/turn signal wires up to it, which I think I can do through the A-Pilar and then from cabinet to cabinet up high inside each cabinet.  The same with the HDMI cable, it will go through cabinets, and might have a slight exposure between the side cabinets and the front cabinets and it makes the turn into the upper forward cabinets and then down through the back or bottom to the monitor.  That pretty much decided, I will route the wires with the same "sleeve" that John used, with 1/4" covering the rear camera to approximately the mid-point, each side camera with the same to that mid point.  I haven't decided whether I'll just wire tie those 3 leads together and route them up front, or whether I'll get a larger sleeve to route all three from mid coach up front.  The front camera will be routed back to the access hole.  I'll use the same Winegard cable plate to cover the hole in the roof.  I also spent a lot of time converting all the metric measurements into Imperial, but think that was likely a waste of time also.  I hope to use the provided tapes and use scuba dive weights to hold them down, and also get a Metric tape measure, and just keep everything in metric.  

I'd love to hear how your 

I tend to spend way too much time planning - more than once I've been told "it's time to shoot the engineer and get on with the project".

I had hoped to have this done last month, but all my Lifeline AGM batteries have died, and I'm now building LiFePO4 batteries to replace them.  Since I'm in Colorado Springs, same as John, they need to be heated so I am having to take that into consideration in the design.  I've got the first batch of cells which are 285A-Hr and all the components for the build, I'm just testing the heating function to determine how many 25 Watt heaters I'll need.

I'll be interested to see how your install goes.

-Rick N.

waterskier_1

As previously mentioned, you have the thermo wax valve.  I haven't heard of these failing much.  It seems it's the electronic fan speed controllers that are more problematic.  The electronic were supposed to be much better, taking input from the engine so it could anticipate that the temperature will rise (more throttle, for example) and turn the fan up BEFORE the radiator actually sensed an increase in temp.  It sounds good, but I'm not sure how well it really worked.  My 97 Dynasty C8.3 had a wax valve, as does my 05 Exec Detroit Diesel so I have no personal use experience.  I would not put that high on a spare parts list.  Even if it fails, it's designed to fail full speed, so you're not dead in the water.  Even if this didn't work, you can simply carry some brass plugs and remove the hydraulic lines from the wax valve, and plug the lines which will force the motor into full speed.

-Rick N.

New carpet or tile.
Donflem

I would like to replace the carpet in my 2007  dynasty. I’ve read where there’s more to it than just putting in new carpet. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for people that do that kind of work in motorhomes?  I live in California but I can travel. I would actually like to put in new tile but not sure with the weight on the slides if that’s possible.

Don

New carpet or tile
Donflem

I posted this earlier but I think in the wrong form. I would like to replace the carpet in my 2007 dynasty preferably with new tile. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations of people or shops that do that in motorhomes.

Don

New carpet or tile
Dr4Film

Don,

There is a member, Ernie Ekberg, who is working side by side with his son in the flooring business.

You won't be disappointed with their high quality workmanship.

You can find them in the Vendors section of this forum.

Here is the link!

planodp

Thank you guys. I feel a lot better now. I'll carry a -6 coupler and cap. Again thank you 😊 

New carpet or tile.
wayne.cerven@gmail.com

Don

I put all new carpet (I like white expensive carpet) feels nice on the feet,warm. I took out the seats/sofas and that's it. The most labor extensive part was tearing out the old with all the staples, buy lots of blades for your knife, I hammered all the old staples back into the wood, nothing was rusty or wet/ moldy ,nice and dry.

would I would do better next time is try to keep all the areas in one piece, I have a fairly large garage, so in saying that we took the pieces out laid it onto the new carpet and cut/traced everything out, mind you we had washed the garage floor to ensure everything stayed clean, air stapler and away we went. 2 days of labor and I think it was 2100 for carpet /staples and looking after a friend to help out. I have the original heated tile in bathroom and galley that I will not get rid of, my wife hates it but she says "it's your coach" do what you want.

vacuum often,shampoo once year/ more often if needed. When it looks and starts to get worn  I will throw it out and do it again.

I like carpet, I like the retro look, I still Remeber the first prevost  that I traveled in, 1980 streetheart band bus, we new the driver so he dropped the band off for the night to perform and pick us up and we headed to a party,  what an entrance that was!

Good Luck

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Rick A
40 minutes ago, waterskier_1 said:

As previously mentioned, you have the thermo wax valve.  I haven't heard of these failing much.  It seems it's the electronic fan speed controllers that are more problematic.  The electronic were supposed to be much better, taking input from the engine so it could anticipate that the temperature will rise (more throttle, for example) and turn the fan up BEFORE the radiator actually sensed an increase in temp.  It sounds good, but I'm not sure how well it really worked.  My 97 Dynasty C8.3 had a wax valve, as does my 05 Exec Detroit Diesel so I have no personal use experience.  I would not put that high on a spare parts list.  Even if it fails, it's designed to fail full speed, so you're not dead in the water.  Even if this didn't work, you can simply carry some brass plugs and remove the hydraulic lines from the wax valve, and plug the lines which will force the motor into full speed.

-Rick N.

Question for Rick N, “Even if this didn't work, you can simply carry some brass plugs and remove the hydraulic lines from the wax valve, and plug the lines”

Would you need to plug off all 4 of hydraulic lines or can the actual pump itself just drain out? 
The questions a neophyte would ask.

Really?

Yup. 

New carpet or tile
Donflem

Thank you sir.

New carpet or tile
Ernie Ekberg

Texas rv flooring and design on Facebook. My son, Brent has been installing tile. You can contact him 406-539-0943

we are in Texas. 
the group.Io of his doesn’t work 

Texasrvflooringanddesign.com

New carpet or tile.
Donflem

Thank you Wayne. I will look into that.

New carpet or tile
Donflem

Thank you ernie

Not to sound like a dumb ass but how do you get to the vendor section?

System heat
Rick A

Scotty you wouldn’t perhaps have an http link to that diagram would you? 

Open Neutral
Rick A

I’m into the habit of photographing everything before the tools come out. Photograph twice then unscrew! 
Measure twice, cut once. 

TST tpms
Jim McGarvie

I have the EEZ TPMS and like it just fine. My only disappointment is because they are external, they essentially report outside air temperature, not tire temperature. I thought tire temperature would be a useful early warning sign, but....

Just mention it since the OP is considering external sensors.

System heat
cbr046

The "System Heat" switch is for a 12V powered 300W electric heater in the wet bay to keep the water tank from freezing and, depending on the plumbing, will keep black and gray tanks from freezing also.  There's an thermo switch in the wet bay that controls it.  It will come on somewhere around 40F and switch off around (???).  Keep in mind that heater draws 25A so if you're boondocking it'll suck the batteries down pretty quick. 

As for the other issue, make sure your DuoTherm is in zone 1 and switch through the different modes.  One will be furnace then just run the temp up.  Make sure your propane is on (my propane switch is in the propane access door and "up" is the off position.  Kinda backwards (like many other Monaco switches). 

- bob

waterskier_1
44 minutes ago, Rick A said:

Question for Rick N, “Even if this didn't work, you can simply carry some brass plugs and remove the hydraulic lines from the wax valve, and plug the lines”

Would you need to plug off all 4 of hydraulic lines or can the actual pump itself just drain out? 
The questions a neophyte would ask.

Really?

Yup. 

No, you only plug the two lines going to the wax valve.  You leave all the other lines going to motor untouched.  The wax valve is in the "control circuit" of the pump.  The more fluid that flows through the wax valve, opening the bypass valve in the motor, allowing most of the hydraulic fluid to bypass the motor, resulting in lower fan speed.  On the other hand, plugging the line (2 plugs so the fluid doesn't flow out) will result in pressure increase to the bypass valve in the motor, applying all the hydraulic fluid to the motor thus increasing fan speed.

In either case, you are not letting any hydraulic fluid "out" (except for a tiny bit when you remove the connector from the wax valve and put the plug in).  You need the hydraulic lines to the fan motor and the power steering pump connected to the hydraulic pump.  This is only affecting the "control" of the fan motor.

Dwight Lindsey

Do a google search using the search string "automotive upholstery shop tucson" and you'll get a few hits.

Any of them could do that.  Get some bids.

FYI, I had a tear in the drivers seat repaired.  It looks like new.  Depending on what's wrong with your captains chairs, you could ask about repair instead of re-covering.

Dwight

Rick A
16 minutes ago, waterskier_1 said:

No, you only plug the two lines going to the wax valve.  You leave all the other lines going to motor untouched.  The wax valve is in the "control circuit" of the pump.  The more fluid that flows through the wax valve, opening the bypass valve in the motor, allowing most of the hydraulic fluid to bypass the motor, resulting in lower fan speed.  On the other hand, plugging the line (2 plugs so the fluid doesn't flow out) will result in pressure increase to the bypass valve in the motor, applying all the hydraulic fluid to the motor thus increasing fan speed.

In either case, you are not letting any hydraulic fluid "out" (except for a tiny bit when you remove the connector from the wax valve and put the plug in).  You need the hydraulic lines to the fan motor and the power steering pump connected to the hydraulic pump.  This is only affecting the "control" of the fan motor.

System heat
Scotty Hutto

Here is a link to the complete wiring diagram in the downloads section.  There is also a file for the 2007 Diplomat, but the AC diagrams should be the same. 

https://www.monacoers.org/files/file/206-2006-diplomat-chassis-wiring-diagram/

System heat
Patrick

If you don’t see “furnace” on your thermostat display, it could be that the DIP switch for “furnace” is not turned on in your rooftop AC control box. That was my problem. I took off the AC cover (on roof), opened up the control box and flicked the DIP switch marked “furnace” and viola, it now appears on the thermostat menu. 

System heat
HarleyR

My friend with a 2017 Bay Star swore to me that his rig had no furnace. The option was not available on his thermostat... just A/C, heat pump or fan... yet the furnace exhaust was evident on the side of his rig. When we opened the access panel ...there was his propane furnace. Between his owner's manual and Google, we determined that the furnace option on the thermostat needed to be activated via a dip switch on the panel inside the A/C cover on the roof. His dealer set it for him, and said the A/C - heat pump had been replaced before the rig was sold, and the tech forgot to set the dip switch properly. 

It's worth a look!

2000 Vintage Roof Sealant, What Replaced Dolphine 7547 Lo Thix UVR ElastiSeal?
Bjohnsonmn

Hello folks,

We have a new to us 2000 Windsor 32PB and need to do some roof maintenance. The first thing is resealing certain items. The book says to use "Dolphine 7547 Lo Thix UVR ElastiSeal" on the roof. Dophin was purchased by ADCO a while ago and I cannot find anynpf the old product info to compare materials.

Does anyone know what sealant is chemically the same as the 7547? I am specifically looking for an exact replacement.

Bonus, I need new shower inner and outter skylights, the rectangular type. Any luck finding those anymore?

Cheers!

Gary M
1 hour ago, 63Hotrod said:

Can anyone recommend a shop in Tucson who could do this type of work

Well not in Tucson. I recently was given info about a ex employee of Flexsteel has all the patterns and has opened a shop. She can make the covers then you have to find an upholsterer to install or do it yourself.

Lisa Bauer

Bauer RV Upholstery LLC

449 Clarke Dr.

Dubuque, IA  52001

563-542-4902

New carpet or tile
vito.a

I have not met Ernie but I've seen his work and it's some of the best.  

Chuck B

Do yourself a favor and seal items on the roof with Eterna Bond.  Use one time and forget.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Rick A

Sorry I am a bit confused, like a said I'm a neophyte when it comes to this control system.

Summary

1. Remove pipes from the wax valve. 

2. Insert plugs, this is where the confusion is. Plug the Wax valve ports or the 2 pipes, one from the pump and the other to the fan motor?

3. The 2 pipes. 

• One has hydraulic fluid coming from the pump?
  • The other goes to the fan motor? The fan will run as default - no pressure?
  • Is this going to damage the fan motor if there is no fluid in them?

Excuse my ignorance on this.

I just like to know what you guys are talking about.

Thanks for your time.

Bjohnsonmn
45 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

Do yourself a favor and seal items on the roof with Eterna Bond.  Use one time and forget.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

The previous owners did that... My review is that it isn't all that eternal...

Chuck B

If the previous owner did not do the recommended prep work, it will not last.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Flexsteel Seat Cover Source
Gary M

I recently saw this info and thought it could be of help to anyone needing to reupholster their captains 🪑 . She is an ex employee of Flexsteel and has the patterns for the captains chairs. She can make the covers. I am in touch with her and plan to have some made myself.

Lisa Bauer

Bauer RV Upholstery LLC

449 Clarke Dr.

Dubuque, IA  52001

563-542-4902

63Hotrod

Gary  great lead I will be in-touch with them

Thanks

New TPMS wanted
Steve P

Do I have this right?  I need 2 solid Borg valve stems and 2 special rubber boots (for NY rear dual wheels) before i even consider a TPMS?  And those have a price tag if about $700?  And another $700 for the TPMS?

New TPMS wanted
Dr4Film

Where in the world are you getting $700 for Borg Stems?

The price for these stems hasn't gone up THAT much in 11 years!

They should be less than $150. However I put Borg chrome stems on my front wheels too. Easy to put the Cap TPMS Sensors on without being a contortionist.

Great Price for Blue Seas ML-ACR System with Manual Control
pwhittle
On 9/17/2021 at 6:49 AM, FishAR said:

Thanks Paul.

1st pic rear bay with trombetta, 2nd pic front bay with ird.

rear elec bay.jpg

front elec bay.jpg

Hi Michael,

Best I can tell, the IRD is in the front run bay, but the relay that connects the two banks together is in the RRB.

You would install the ML-ACR in place of the Trombetta in the RRB. You may be able to reuse the wire for the IrD and the wire for the Battery Boost to connect the Bluesea switch and the ML-ACR.

Paul

New TPMS wanted
Steve P
16 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

They should be less than $150. However I put Borg chrome stems on my front wheels too. Easy to put the Cap TPMS Sensors on without being a contortionist.

16 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Went to the web site.  Saw stems in the range of $138-180 (that's each, right? ), rubber donuts about $30.  1 hour each to install @ $120. At the mentioned $150 per stem, that's still $600.  If I were even thinking if doing it myself, I'd have to buy jackstands, air tools, etc.  That's how I added it up anyway...

Jim Bob

is there a ballpark on what she charges?

Is this a good buy? 2004 Dip
Ray Davis
23 hours ago, Denny Wagaman said:

There comes a time in life that having what is important to you trumps losing what you want.

Denny Wagaman

So true,  you can't take it with you anyway.   

Slide won't move in or out.
BobSchmeck

Trying to help out a couple who are stuck in a Walmart parking lot.  He has a 2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XL. 34ft. 

His living room slide is hydraulic. He has 13.5 volts to the solenoid. When we hit the switch to move it in or out you can the solenoid click but the pump motor won't engage. The Reservoir is full. 

We have haunted all over for a way to manually move the slide in, but to no avail.  

Any ideas on how to get the slide moved in? 

The only thing I can think of is removing one of the hydro lines to the cylinder and pushing the slide in then blocking it so it can't move out. So he can get it to a shop.

Thanks for any help,  I'm stumped. 

Gary M
4 hours ago, 63Hotrod said:

Gary  great lead I will be in-touch with them

Thanks

Make sure I get a little credit!!!!

If she does a great job, I’m sure we can keep her busy.

Gary M
1 hour ago, Jim Bob said:

is there a ballpark on what she charges?

$795 ea.

cbr046

Don't know that coach but on my old Fleetwood electric rack & pinion slide there was a pin that could be removed and the slide moved manually with a wrench.  I'm sure this is much different, but also thinking there's a coupling mechanism that could be de-coupled. 

Eventually you'll find it's something really simple . . . .

Oh, and the parking brake had to be set.

Good luck,

- bob

Gary M
28 minutes ago, BobSchmeck said:

Trying to help out a couple who are stuck in a Walmart parking lot.  He has a 2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XL. 34ft. 

His living room slide is hydraulic. He has 13.5 volts to the solenoid. When we hit the switch to move it in or out you can the solenoid click but the pump motor won't engage. The Reservoir is full. 

We have haunted all over for a way to manually move the slide in, but to no avail.  

Any ideas on how to get the slide moved in? 

The only thing I can think of is removing one of the hydro lines to the cylinder and pushing the slide in then blocking it so it can't move out. So he can get it to a shop.

Thanks for any help,  I'm stumped. 

If its a Lippert, the manual tells how to remove rubber plug on end of motor to spin it with an attachment and electric drill. Plus you have to know which solenoid to use I think a hex key to loosen or a set screw to activate in or out for the slide. Im sure I have Lippert manual but depends on your set up. I could email the manual our go online and download . 

BobSchmeck

Thanks ,we found what yiu were talking about and got the slid in. It is a lippert. 

Thanks 

New TPMS wanted
Ivan K

Buy the hardware and take it to a tire shop. Yes, they have to take the duals off but don't even have to unmount the tire eventhough it takes them just few seconds and makes it easier. An hour per tire is ridiculous. Maybe $30 per wheel with no balance.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.