Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/555-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Location of the Dash Annunciator
Yoaks5
Is this a good buy? 2004 Dip
6Wheels
furnance sail switch
Gary 05 AMB DST
Front electric shade adjustment?
Ivylog
dl_racing427
Let's Talk Oil . . . .
dl_racing427
Power Stearing Hose HELP!
vito.a
TST tpms
Oregon04Windsor
JDCrow
Let's Talk Oil . . . .
Gary 05 AMB DST
Let's Talk Oil . . . .
dl_racing427
TST tpms
ready2retire59
dl_racing427

Location of the Dash Annunciator
Yoaks5

It's been added. 

Jim...thanks for chiming in with the help on this problem! 

Powergear leveling jack controller location 2004 HR Scepter
GoSkeeterPopGo

On my 01' Holiday Rambler the controller is under the steering column on the interior firewall.  With regards to a read PowerGear jack not retracting all the way, my rears has internal springs and I am told the can break.  I uses a manual jack to put upward pressure on my jack, then hit retract in order to get it to retract all the way.  I actually made a steel lift that the jack foot deploys on that then allows me to roll a floor jack under it to get it pack in the up position.  A heck of allot cheaper than a new jack at $1200+.

6Wheels

Well, after all this the DW decided to get a boat!  Will have to save a few pennies now for the next adventure.

It was an interesting discussion.  Thanks all!

Dash A/C vs MPG … Fact or Fiction?
Hypoxia
On 9/20/2021 at 10:30 AM, Joe Lee said:

Hi - I have been told that it’s more economical to run the generator and use roof A/Cs rather than the dash A/C when traveling. Does anyone have some insight?  

Thanks!

That is a funny statement when you consider what it takes to turn six or eight 22.5" tires with nearly 50,000 pounds riding on them.

Powergear leveling jack controller location 2004 HR Scepter
ok-rver

Will pull shroud around steering column off in the next few days. I have siphoned and added back ATF to my reservoir a couple of times now.  1/4" ID clear tubing with 5 nuts screwed on the outside of one end to give it weight to hang down into the reservoir. used  for 3 different siphoned liquids. The current level is right at the intersection of the fill tube neck and the main reservoir cylinder. My jacks retract completely at this level. Just a little above and the jack does not retract fully. Just a little below and the "jacks extended" light does not go out. To answer my question about the logic of closing valves, Powergear has asked for a picture of the controller. I believe that once the float switch in the reservoir is lifted by ATF to full, a timer may start and then the solenoid valves are closed, no more retraction of jacks. Maybe the controller closes valves so they can not creep down. Hope to get a definitive answer from Powergear once they receive a picture of the controller. 

There has been an instance where it was reported that the spring hardware "unscrewed" and would not let the jack fully retract. If the jack is coming up ANY at all, the spring is probably not broken, single acting cylinder (extend) with no hydraulic retract. From GoSkeeter's method, not sure if the jack is coming up any. If by using an external jack and the leveling jack goes fully up, the spring is probably is the correct position as the spring wire is pretty big and would coil bind and stop upward movement.  

Powergear has a rebuild procedure for their jacks.  They do not list the spring as a replacement part but I thought there was another company that sold the springs. Will see if I can find the link.

Just my thoughts. I have been very wrong on some things in the past.

furnance sail switch
Gary 05 AMB DST
12 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

You Tube it

Thanks Rik, I'm still not used to what You Tube has available, it's only been 15 years. I found it!

Gary 05 AMB DST

Front electric shade adjustment?
Ivylog

Thanks Jim. Yes those are what I have and so far I’ve made it worse.

dl_racing427
3 hours ago, 6Wheels said:

Well, after all this the DW decided to get a boat!  Will have to save a few pennies now for the next adventure.

It was an interesting discussion.  Thanks all!

Ahhh, a boat, ie: Bust Out Another Thousand. LOL  Been there, done that, several times. 😆

Let's Talk Oil . . . .
dl_racing427

Gary,

I'm not knocking Mobil for changing their formula.  They were being subjected to unfair advertising by their competitors, and the courts decided not to do anything about it, so they had to submit to the bean counters or they would never be able to sell their more expensive full synthetic oil.

Mobil 1 is still a very good oil, just not quite what it once was.

The only true full synthetic oils out there now are from specialty companies like Redline, VP-Racing, Royal Purple, and probably Amsoil as well.
The price reflects the full synthetic status.

Power Stearing Hose HELP!
vito.a

Any good hydraulic shop can make a new hose.  Even our larger NAPA store makes them.  The only problem with this is you have to take the original off and take it in for them to duplicate.  

And yes, you do not have a Freightliner chassis.  Monaco built their own Roadmaster chassis at the Oregon plant.  Much better than a Freightliner.  

TST tpms
Oregon04Windsor

I ordered the TST system with the flow through caps.  For those of you with those caps, are they fine to just attach to the inner dual with a metal valve stem or are you using a rigid extender and rubber grommet?

JDCrow
1 hour ago, dl_racing427 said:

Ahhh, a boat, ie: Bust Out Another Thousand. LOL  Been there, done that, several times. 😆

Love my boat! But it was new a few years back. Been trouble free. It’s the tackle that empties my wallet 

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow
On 9/22/2021 at 5:42 PM, Rikadoo said:

I got to say the “truck” part of the 6.4 was AWSOME, if i lived somewhere other than Ca i would throw that 6.4 in a melting pot!!! Then i would install a 6.7 cummins in it an drive it till the wheels rolled off it!

That crossed my mind a few years back. Many blown 6.4 trucks laying around and the wreaking yard in Reno has lots of 6.7 or even 24v. The place in MT that makes the adaptors is willing to take as much of my as I can afford 

So we are very much alive with the circuits in the coach.

It took better part of a day to get the wires pulled, especially one back down for the GFCI circuit. But it’s all knitted back up and flipped on the new inverter, viola.

C7EA991D-912A-43E1-981D-18487C017EAE.jpeg

88FA17EA-AA61-4EE0-A489-C03444AA7201.jpeg

0FB4A8D5-032E-4192-BB55-01B9188CF63D.png

Let's Talk Oil . . . .
Gary 05 AMB DST

Thanks David, it's just that Mobil One never notified me that they weren't truly synthetic anymore.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Let's Talk Oil . . . .
dl_racing427
36 minutes ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Thanks David, it's just that Mobil One never notified me that they weren't truly synthetic anymore.

Gary 05 AMB DST

LOL!  Yeah, they didn't consult me beforehand either. 🤣

Extensive facelift, paint, and new electronics for a 2000 Monaco Diplomat
dl_racing427

Roof supports on automobiles and trucks have been called A, B, C, etc. front to back.
The one alongside the windshield is the A-Pillar.

I guess you could have a J-Pillar on a school bus. LOL

TST tpms
ready2retire59

I would recommend getting the braided flexible extensions that mount onto the center hub of the rear wheels and putting the sensors there.  On the front, you can mount them right on the valve stem.  On the toad, you can mount them on the rubber valve stems.  The new ones are light enough.  The old ones needed a solid valve stem to mount to.

Tony C.

dl_racing427
2 hours ago, JDCrow said:

Love my boat! But it was new a few years back. Been trouble free. It’s the tackle that empties my wallet 

With my boats it was always the quest for one more mph.  A prop could run into the thousands, plus bottom blueprinting, engine mods, and on and on and on, and that was many years ago. 😎

Valid (power gear) air level--aux compressor
woodylmiller

I have an '09 Dynasty, although I'm pretty sure most of the chassis stuff is '08.  I have 12 volts to the pump at all times.  PO had pulled the fuse since the pump ran all the time due to my system being plumbed wrong from the factory, the pressure switch was not in the right place and never measured tank pressure, just pressure at the output of the pump which will drop once the pump turns off even though the tank was full and up to pressure.  I put in a new pump, placed the switch where it should be and installed a switch to turn the system off should I choose to do so.  When cold outside it seems that the pump will run daily.  In Palm Springs right now and I have not heard the pump come on once.  Now that I've jinxed that it will probably come on tonight at 3 in the morning.  Leaks?? yeah, most of the time you get one fixed another shows up.  Good luck.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.