Drivers side rear slide won’t come out

When I put the slide in this morn I heard a click like a tooth was missing in a gear. Now in camp I hear the motor but no movement. I believe I read where u can manually mechanically move the slide. Any help will b grtly appreciated. Thx my DIY friends, AGAIN

bob, it sounds like you have the PowerGear system (electric motor driving a rack) and may have sheared the roll pin or broken the motor casing.

Here is a YouTube on finding a replacement motor if one is needed.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPqxShbcEpg   Motors cost a fortune! My casing was cracked, not damaged as badly as this one so I reinforced it with JBWeld and left a c-clamp permanently in place so it would not torque the mounting bosses off.

You manually can move the slide in and out with a 1" wrench on the square shaft. All of this is accessible from the storage bay under slide. 

It's a real pain to replace a sheared roll pin if you have to do that. The pins are located in the gears that engage the rack.

Thx all for ur responses. My manual has the tips on how to manually open or close the slide. We were up a dirt road in Duck creek Utah when this happened. The plastic broke gear is metal and $28 on Amazon. ALLWAYS bring ur tools my friends.