Donations?

JursyGurl

Hi,

So, an off topic request...

I've been involved in the formation/operation of a (leukemia) support forum since 2006 and am aware there are costs involved with keeping a forum running.

I explored the new Monacoers Forum in search of a way to donate, but did not find any - did I miss it?  Or, will there possibly be a fundraiser plan in the future?  Whatever the case, I just wanted to let you know (and, I doubt I am alone in this), I would like to donate to the Forum to help defray any costs you encounter in keeping it running; just point me in the right direction.  This is a valuable asset for the Monaco family and your efforts are appreciated. 

Thank you,

Denise E.

Ringwood, NJ

1997 Monaco Dynasty Baron

Thank you so much Denise!  Bill D's Monacoers has always been a labor of love, run completely by volunteers.  We haven't discussed accepting donations, but I will raise the issue with the group leadership.  Right now our costs are fairly minimal and are typically covered out-of-pocket by the Moderators.

Sounds just like the way we began with our forum - and, like you, ours was also a labor of love (and, later, obsession); and, we also self funded for years. I just wanted to make the offer of a donation, just in case it might be needed, if not now, possibly for a future emergency.

Well, to look forward a bit, we are seriously discussing incorporating "Monacoers" as a 501c3 charitable organization.  If we do that and establish a bank account to hold funds that is transparent and accountable to the membership, we may then accept donations. We currently have the capability to collect donations through the site, but it's turned off since we don't have a bank account, and I don't think any of the volunteers would be comfortable holding the money on behalf of the group.

Stay tuned, and thanks again.