Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/564-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Air bag reducer bushing
RolandE
Air bag reducer bushing
Jdw12345
Air bag reducer bushing
georgeandlouise1
Tire lifespan
Flyinhy
Windshield Wiper trouble
Dr4Film
Tire lifespan
Jim Bob
Tire lifespan
Dr4Film
Tire lifespan
Jdw12345
Engine Temps Rising Again Update
Frank McElroy
Tire lifespan
JDCrow
Tire lifespan
Ivylog
Tire lifespan
redstickbill
Tire lifespan
Flyinhy
Tire lifespan
jacwjames
Tire lifespan
JDCrow
Trans Oil Overheating in Campground
klcdenver
Rhino liner on the front
dl_racing427
Air bag reducer bushing
Hypoxia
Dash air problem
saflyer
Preventing DUVAC alternator problems
Cubflyer
Tire lifespan
Rikadoo
Air bag reducer bushing
georgeandlouise1
Dash air problem
David Pratt
Air bag reducer bushing
Ivylog
Transmission Temp range
jacwjames
JetAburner
Transmission Temp range
Dr4Film
jacwjames
Entry Door Grab Bar
tmw188
Entry Door Grab Bar
JDCrow
Entry Door Grab Bar
tmw188
Big space in front of Genset.
rpasetto
jacwjames
Entry Door Grab Bar
JDCrow
Entry Door Grab Bar
brokenarrow1244
Entry Door Grab Bar
Ray Davis
Air bag reducer bushing
georgeandlouise1
Entry Door Grab Bar
tmw188
georgeandlouise1

Air bag reducer bushing
RolandE

I ordered my brass bushings here for a Dynasty year 2003, I needed on all air springs these bushings.

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/69857

Roland

Air bag reducer bushing
Jdw12345

If you are close to a heavy truck dealer (Peterbilt, Kenworth, etc) they seem to have a fair assessment of fittings like that on hand.

Air bag reducer bushing
georgeandlouise1

Thanks 

Tire lifespan
Flyinhy

I'm currently bringing an 01 executive back to life. Little by little I'm going through her and fixing all major concerns first. Complete fluid change on engine , Trans and generator are this week. I was thinking about the tires today. The coach only has 53k miles on it and this is just an assumption, but the tires look brand new but I'm sure they're more than 5 years old. Tires are a huge expense for me and I was wondering at what point are they just too old to get on the road even if they "look" good. 

0299c498-5390-42d2-b926-4f0ff171ec4e.jpg

Windshield Wiper trouble
Dr4Film

There are suppliers listed in the proprietary Monacoers Parts List.

Scotty gave you one of them, here is another where you can purchase replacement parts.

https://www.rvandmarine.com/

Here is the link to their wiper parts.

https://www.rvandmarine.com/product-category/diesel-equipment-rv-wiper-blades-motors-and-assemblies/

Tire lifespan
Jim Bob

Oh boy, tons of conversation on this topic already.  Check the tire codes for manufacture date... You can't go by tread or looks.

Tire lifespan
Dr4Film

There are LOTS of opinions as to when RV tires age out. It really depends on lots of variables. Tire brand, how well they have been taken care of, have they been abused while driving, etc.

I tend to change out the steer tires quicker than the drive axle tires. Although I now have Tyron Bands on the steers so I may extend the time span on those a little longer.

On average most people say RV tires age out around 5-7 years. My last set of drive axle tires were 9 years old when changed. The steers were 7 years old.

Tire lifespan
Jdw12345

A couple of things to consider in regards to tires, first learn how to read the tire date codes if you don’t know how, if tire expense is two great to replace all the tires at once start with the steer axle tires first for obvious reasons, then if your steer tires happen to be the youngest tires you have you can change out those for the oldest tires you have. Tires are like playing chess, what are you willing to loose, also consider collateral damage that could occur should you have a blow out, body damage, air bag damage, coach damage underneath,  etc, etc…….

Keep the tires inflated to recommend pressure, try not to be driving when it’s hot out, if you have to drive in the heat slow down a bit or leave earlier in the day and bet the heat! 

Not purchasing the tires you can’t afford in one shot my actually cost you more in the long run!

Also during your updating and repairs consider how much you’re really going to use the coach, maybe your tires are sufficient for the time being until you can change out all at once and then hit the road, lots of things to consider!

Jmo

Frank McElroy
On 10/2/2021 at 11:42 PM, Scott 61 said:

Question for Frank you said in a  earlier post that your coach will not do a regen if you are in (cruise control) ???

Thank you safe travels

The engine WILL do a Regen if you are using cruise control.

The engine will NOT do a Regen under certain check engine light conditions, and will suspend a Regen if the engine brake is active, or if climbing a hill under full load, of if the speed drops below about 40 mph.

If the dash DPF light comes on, drive the coach at highway speed, say 60-65 mph and in 30 minutes the light will go off.  If the light comes on and you are at your destination, don't worry. On your next drive on the highway it will complete the Regen.

Cummins 400ISL Oil Change and Transmission Service
FishAR
13 hours ago, Ivylog said:

OP, unless you’ve moved from Fla, you do not not need a B. You can drive a non commercial Motorhome with a regular Fla license. If it’s tagged in a business then yes a B.

Makeup oil for the tranny requires the hatch in the bedroom opened… not the one in the closet.

I'm still a resident of IL. Just spend the winters in Florida.

9 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Never heard of that.  How long can you drive with it?

A year, if I don't take the driving test before then I have to pay and take the written again.

I have to have a correctly licensed person with me while I'm driving on my learner permit, "wink wink nod nod"

I'd bet half or more of big motorhome drivers in IL don't have this license. I've seen them argue to the death about it on other forums.

One of the first things the IL Non CDL Rules of the Road says is RV's Are Exempt. But then if you keep reading on down past the school busses and fire trucks it says UNLESS...over 16,000 pounds class c, over 26,000 pounds class b, I have a class d.

I guess I was illegal the 3 years I was yanking my Montana fifth wheel around behind my dually.

Tire lifespan
JDCrow

Quick video 

Tire lifespan
Ivylog

Welcome to the Monaco RV world and you save a few steps by going with a 43’, but it concerns me that you do not know the age of the tires.

Like Richard, I tend to go 7 years on the front and 10 years on the rears BUT only if I’ve put all the miles on them , properly inflated for the weight, and use them regularly…sitting is hard on tires.

On the rear of these rigs you do not need a 295 tire…often on the front, you need a 315 but not on a 01. I just replaced my rear 295‘s with 11 R 22.5‘s, probably the most common truck tire…6 tires was $2300 installed, out the door…

PS: The tires I took off, prematurely, were Michelin‘s because of excessive  sidewall cracking. 

Tire lifespan
redstickbill

By all means learn to read the date code on the tires. The guys have given you some excellent advise. I adhere to the 5-7 year life span. Some folks keep the used tires for resale to dump truck owners and recoup some of the cost of the new tires.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

Tire lifespan
Flyinhy

Great video.....8k ??? Holy crap! I'll make a list of the tires and dot codes tomorrow. As far as weighing the corners? That'll be a learning experience. I won't be traveling too much until I get her back into shape. I've been around big trucks and truck cranes all my life and I'm not intimidated by driving her at all but I want her to be a safe vehicle not only for me but for other people on the road with me. She's been neglected for a while. 

Tire lifespan
jacwjames

I had the same issue when I bought my rig, tires were original and I had no idea how they were maintained.  They were Goodyear and the fronts had the notorious rivering wear pattern.  I replaced the front with Bridgestone and had an alignment done. 

One thing I would highly recommend is getting a TMPS (tire pressure monitoring system) if you don't have one.   I got one when I installed the above tires and found one of the front leaking from valve stem and then found one of the rear stems leaking.  I don't move the coach until the TMPS shows all tires good.

I ran the rear tires until they were 10 years old.  When ever I have tires changed I watch the whole process and then whey they remove a tire from the rim I thoroughly inspect it, looking for any tell tale signs of problems.   When I managed mines the tire vendors would inspect tires both on the rigs and ones that had been removed.  You could see the results of low tire pressures, impact breaks, sidewall cuts etc.  Besides, it shows the tire supplier that you might know what your doing.  Also ask about lug torque and inflation pressure and if spin balanced the amount of weight required. 

Just had all 6 tires replaced, all had good tread left but all were aged out.  I hadn't taken a long trip since 2015 so I was fine with letting the tires continue to age until I was sure I was going to use it, which finally happen May of this year.  The fronts were 12 years old but still looked good, but definately aged out.  Rear were 10 years old, looked good, aged out.  

One issue is that tires are in short supply, I wanted Toyo tires but had to settle on Yokohama,  None of the 3 large tire vendors I called could source Toyo's (they all called regional warehouses).  My 6 tires cost $3600 out the door.

Joe Lee

Hi!  I ran into a new problem in my ‘96 Crown Royale. When I was maneuvering in a campground in very close quarters, my transmission oil temp when up to over 300 degrees. I had to change campsites later in the week and I could see the temp raising again. Temps are good under normal driving conditions. 

Please share any ideas!

Thanks!

Tire lifespan
JDCrow
2 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

I had the same issue when I bought my rig, tires were original and I had no idea how they were maintained.  They were Goodyear and the fronts had the notorious rivering wear pattern.  I replaced the front with Bridgestone and had an alignment done. 

One thing I would highly recommend is getting a TMPS (tire pressure monitoring system) if you don't have one.   I got one when I installed the above tires and found one of the front leaking from valve stem and then found one of the rear stems leaking.  I don't move the coach until the TMPS shows all tires good.

I ran the rear tires until they were 10 years old.  When ever I have tires changed I watch the whole process and then whey they remove a tire from the rim I thoroughly inspect it, looking for any tell tale signs of problems.   When I managed mines the tire vendors would inspect tires both on the rigs and ones that had been removed.  You could see the results of low tire pressures, impact breaks, sidewall cuts etc.  Besides, it shows the tire supplier that you might know what your doing.  Also ask about lug torque and inflation pressure and if spin balanced the amount of weight required. 

Just had all 6 tires replaced, all had good tread left but all were aged out.  I hadn't taken a long trip since 2015 so I was fine with letting the tires continue to age until I was sure I was going to use it, which finally happen May of this year.  The fronts were 12 years old but still looked good, but definately aged out.  Rear were 10 years old, looked good, aged out.  

One issue is that tires are in short supply, I wanted Toyo tires but had to settle on Yokohama,  None of the 3 large tire vendors I called could source Toyo's (they all called regional warehouses).  My 6 tires cost $3600 out the door.

While their reputation is known, Michelins must have a gold strand in their tread plies.

klcdenver

It could be one or more of several items causing this.

1. Turn jake brake off when idling and maneuvering for parking. 

2. Low fluid level

3. Tranny radiator not circulating coolant fluid properly. 

Try the first 2 items first because they are the cheapest fix before pulling tranny cooler.

Rhino liner on the front
dl_racing427
On 10/1/2021 at 10:59 PM, Ray Davis said:

Barry,  The color match is so perfect it makes me wonder is it clear bed liner over paint?  Either way it looks great.

20211001_163311.thumb.jpg.f9f62888e41ec4c6c9e93f070490259d.jpg

That's what I was thinking.  I don't believe you can get straight tape lines with bedliner coatings.

I'd think this would even be a good solution to peeling clearcoat.  Just scuff the clearcoat and feather any peeling edges, touch up any paint chips, and I bet it would be almost undetectable under the clear bedliner.  Should last pretty much forever too.

Heck, my coach has peeling clearcoat on the rear cap, so if it works well on the front, I may put it on the rear cap too.  Should be much cheaper than repainting all the colors.

Dr4Film

Wow! Over 300F is way too high.

What specific transmission do you have and what type of fluid is in the tranny? Being an older coach and transmission type it makes it more difficult to assess.

Most newer Allison transmissions now come with TranSynd Fluid.

TranSynd is rated for not far over the 300F level and only at short term intervals.

My average transmission temp range it 185F to 200F. The latter is when I am climbing grades.

I would take your coach to a Allison Service Center and have it professionally diagnosed and repaired.

Those transmission are not cheap if you blow one up.

Air bag reducer bushing
Hypoxia

Air Springs Conti Tech 99-12P 730 (AS8897) (64664)
Removal:
1 ¼” wrench & Large Crescent - remove air nut first
Break off the 90° 1/4" fittings not easily reached with a wrench
1 1/8” Socket & Flex ratchet – remove 3/4" bushing (bushing will not fit through the 1 1/8” hole)
¾” Socket – remove two upper and two lower nuts last & remove bag
Use extractor to remove broken fitting piece from bushing
Stubby 1/2" pneumatic impact wrench helps

Drill hole to at least 1 ¼” and bushing won’t have to be removed next time

Dash air problem
saflyer
On 10/1/2021 at 2:44 PM, David Pratt said:

.Have you determined if the pump is working by jumping it as suggested.

Finally got some test leads that work. Yes, the pump operates. So it’s back to the ignition issue.

2005 Signature passenger front HWH X-Slide chain replacement
Hypoxia

I just received all four new chains for the Space Saver X-Slides.  Any more photos or advice on replacing them would be appreciated.

The X-Slide part numbers are AP27707 & 27708 and AP35083 &35084

Preventing DUVAC alternator problems
Cubflyer

Grampy OG-Ken,

If you have not figured it out already..... a "step drill" bit does a great job of opening up the large but not large enough wire terminals so they fit the ML-ACR  terminal posts.

Ken 

Tire lifespan
Rikadoo

My old motorhome had 19.5s on it, i learned so much from that coach in regaurd to tires. One of the lessons learned i created by myself, an thru that if i have the resources to replace ASAP, if in doubt. Now with my current rig i use my assometer to always note any possable issues, along with my TPMS. When im “out there” on the road i make a note of any potholes or driving issues that might cause me reason to be weary of a possable issue, so buying a used rig with no idea what the tires have endured might be worth like others have said replace steers if nothing else, then as your use increases replace the rears.

Air bag reducer bushing
georgeandlouise1

Thanks for your information.  Could you please tell me where I can purchase the 3/4 to 1/4 bushing.

George

Dash air problem
David Pratt

Do you have the wiring schematic manual for you coach. You will need it to properly chase down you wiring problem, Without it, it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

On the distribution panel where the 7.5 amp fuse is located, there is also a 20 amp fuse. The 7.5 amp fuse is labeled F-19and is for the vacuum generator. The 20amp fuse is labeled F-13 and powers the AC control in your dash. You need to check these fuses and check for power. There are several fuses that control the functions of the cab AC and also a few relays. The distribution panel will be powered up whenever the Ignition is turned on, so the fuses should be hot also.

96 EVO

I've seen about 220deg in a traffic jam, creeping along at walking speed for over an hour.

Low speed manuvering is the worst thing for trans temp. Torque converter constantly slipping, generating heat.

Over 300 is excessive! Sounds like you have a problem. Could just be dirty filters.

Fonman

Three quick questions:

1-Did you just come off the road before the jockeying?

2-How hot does it run on the hwy / or in other words how hot to start with?

3-How long did it take to reach 300? Not unusual to take some time getting into the only spot left these days.

Could be as simple as a dirty trans cooler, fan not working properly, temp sender bad.

Air bag reducer bushing
Ivylog

EBay but you shouldn’t need any.

3499887F-2D0A-449B-A21F-71B78ED2F922.png

Transmission Temp range
jacwjames

I've been chasing an issue with my temps. I use a Silverleaf VMSpc and my transmission temps seem to have crept up some from what I remember but my just be me being paranoid.

My last trip I noticed temps on the Silveleaf while driving going to ~210F when climbing grades. When i got back home I decided to change filters. Took it for a run to get it to temp and check oil level. While backing into the garage (took me 2 attempts) the temp reached 230F. Don't ever remember it going that high.

Took an oil sample and sent it in, came back fine.

Decided to flush the cooler, which is internal to the radiator, all looked good.

So took it for another drive but this time I compared the temps on the Silverleaf to the dash. During the drive the Silverleaf got up to ~193F the dash was below 180F
When I backed into the garage the temps reached 210F on the Silverleaf and the dash was ~185F.

Is this pretty much normal as to the dash vs any type of other display. I know that Monaco uses a separate temperature sensor, it is mounted in and aluminum block on the cooler port, this may cause enough of a difference as to what I'm showing.

Still trying to figure out if I've got a problem or not.

JetAburner

Just a coincidence. I was just reading through my Allison operator's manual for service scheduling purposes, and the read your post. On page 12 it says to not "idle in reverse for more than 5 minutes.  Extended idling in reverse may cause  transmission overheating  and damage". Sometimes we do find a situation during maneuvering that takes longer than usual. Maybe this applies to your situation.

This also apply to idling in Drive as well.

Transmission Temp range
Dr4Film

Jim,

I gave up on most of my analog gauges as I learned on my very first trip to Alaska that they were NOT accurate. That's why I installed the SIlverLeaf while in Alaska back in 2010. The only gauges left of the dash that I will use and glance at are the large Speed & Tachometer as they are fairly close to the SilverLeaf.

My analog coolant gauge is at least 20F off or more from the SilverLeaf.

jacwjames

I got concerned last month as I took my coach for a run after changing filters and while backing into my garage it got up to 230F.  I have to back up a slight grade coming in at an angle.  Took me a couple tries to get it lined p and backed in.  This is a new garage so don't have much history on if this was normal or not. 

Since then I've pulled an oil sample and sent it in to JG Lubrication for analysis, it came back OK.  I also flushed my oil cooler, which in internal to the radiator, it seemed to flush fine. 

I checked my manual, says the same thing about idling in reverse, but it is on page 22.  Makes me feel a little better knowing the reason for the increase in temp.

Entry Door Grab Bar
tmw188

Took the bar off to see what I would find. I found this light assy. Now looking for a replacement. The wiring is good up to the bulb assy.

2B85C664-E0C6-429F-BA32-E42C277AC68F.jpeg

EBC93CE5-E81F-48CE-8735-F782C4D633A7.jpeg

908B7296-B4EE-4A8B-A68C-666A0274104E.jpeg

Entry Door Grab Bar
tmw188
11 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

I found them, but need to call to see if I can just get the light assy only?

See a few on AMZ that I’m looking at.

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow

Honey wants new fans….new fans she shall

get 

8EEF3D33-80ED-47C4-8D91-F320A9086BFE.jpeg

0B1E4BD7-1F4B-4EA3-987C-131E487C96A9.jpeg

rpasetto

What have you all done with the empty space between the genset and the genset bay door.  It seems like good potential for storage, light stuff of course since the capacity of the gen-slide mechanism is unknown and it's way forward of the axle.

jacwjames

Vanwill just had a post where he installed a motorized cord real to hold his 50 amp cord. 

I looked at the space the other day, lots of space and seems like plenty of structure. 

Turbo replacement in 2004 Cummins 300 ISB engine
PeterSchweizer

Need to replace my turbo due to a bearing failure. I seen turbos for my engine from $3500 new from Cummins down to rebuits on line around $700-2000

What brands of new turbo are good? 

Is a rebuilt turbo a good way to go?

and which brands?

Cost to replace - based on how many man hours?

Thank you in advance for your responces

Entry Door Grab Bar
JDCrow
33 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

I found them, but need to call to see if I can just get the light assy only?

See a few on AMZ that I’m looking at.

I’d doubt it. Your best best is a auto electric shop in town. Man some days I really miss radio shack 

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
JDCrow

Also fired up the DC/DC charger and some new chassis batteries. The ones in it were 6 years old and we are headed out in a week. 

B7683EE8-774A-4EE3-A230-229F5BD43319.png

51278A93-2A04-4C3A-8871-391E1AC5815F.png

Where do you buy your oil and fuel filters ?
Woody O

I used to order filters from Filter Barn, but now was wondering where everyone else buys their filters.

Entry Door Grab Bar
brokenarrow1244

factoryparts@veurinksrv.com

The handle on my coach had cracked.

They have the whole handle with lighting, but not sure if you can just get the light. I think you can get the light kit separately. They have been a great source for Monaco parts.

Entry Door Grab Bar
Ray Davis

If you can solder go buy an  LED clearance light at Walmart,  take the bulb out and solder it in your handle.   It'll probably last forever.

Air bag reducer bushing
georgeandlouise1

Thanks but I need the bushing end to be 1/4 push on type so you can put the 1/4 inch rear air line hose into the fittings.

Thanks again for your reply.

Entry Door Grab Bar
tmw188

I can solder yes. I might try one of my left over LED light strips, and just use one of the LED’s the replacement is $35 for the assy 

georgeandlouise1

We built a shelf out of aluminum and used non skid tape on the shelf and use a plastic container with top and store our rv wax and gallon of soap and other cleaning items.

george

2007 Dynasty countess 3

georgeandlouise1

Buy oil from Sam’s and filters from Napa

Scotty Hutto

Fleetguard Filters from Cummins parts online. 

Shell Rotella T4 oil from Walmart

Admirial RVr

If the 2 end housings are not damaged try finding just the center section (core) . Replacement can possibly be a DIY. There are several aftermarket shops that sell these.

Dr4Film

The original owner had built up that area into a deep rectangle storage box. I use it for storing hoses and cables etc. I also built a platform on top which is on hinges to hold an auxiliary 12 VDC Compressor which supplies air to the Step Cover when we are parked for extended periods of time.

Dr4Film

I have a lot of respect for the Banks Company but don't know if they make turbos for our engines.

Drivers Window Cloudy
richmelcole@sbcglobal.net

The sliding part of the drivers window is cloudy and difficult to see out.  Is there a shop that can repair the window or does the entire window need to be replaced?  If repairable, how do you remove the sliding window?  Rich

Drivers Window Cloudy
Ivan K

To remove the sliding section, the frame needs to be taken out and at least partially taken apart. There are screws on side of the window frame. There are shops that do that and I am sure you get recommendations from others that went there. I don't do shops.

Rhino liner on the front
6Wheels

If you have a pressure washer, this is an excellent alternative to replacing the 3M film every few years.

Land Lubber

My '09 Camelot has limited space in front of the genset so I used the space on top of it. Built a 16" x 20",  5" deep wooden box that I anchored to the generator cabinet using heavy duty zip ties where I store my 50 amp extension cord & air compressor hose. I still have a bit more room but I haven't filled it up as yet.

waterskier_1

I made a wire cage or box that I us for extra water hose, jumper cables, rags, floor mats, and other bulky but light stuff. I just got a small 150 PSI compressor and I'm going to see if I can fashion something like Richard has. 

Drivers Window Cloudy
Karl Hampton

I have the same problem (with drivers and dinning table window) and would prefer a shop in CA or Oregon if anyone has a recommendation. 

karl 98 Signature 

Air bag reducer bushing
Hypoxia
6 hours ago, georgeandlouise1 said:

Thanks for your information.  Could you please tell me where I can purchase the 3/4 to 1/4 bushing.

George

Generally any hardware store.  You should be able to re-use those bushings though.  You will need the 1/4" elbows from NAPA, any truck store, Parker store etc. similar to these 1/4" NPT elbow to 1/4" tube

Joe Lee

Thanks for all the ideas!  Since I owe an old coach, she continues to challenge me.  I appreciate all the comments!

Air bag reducer bushing
gdroberson

home depot

Another trip, another new adventure
mrbill1951

Another wrinkle.  I thought I saw this last night on the side of the road and saw it again today.  If it is not working (dead) and I leave the ignition in the on position, the dash comes back to life after a couple of minutes and I can start the engine.

Frank Bergamo

Bill,

does your coach possibly have an ignition solenoid? That is a good place to start. Hope this helps.

Frank McElroy
21 hours ago, Gary M said:

I was hoping it would do its thing on my 6 hr trip. But nothing. Temps were between 181 and 188 coasting flat and downhill. There is a long stretch from lower desert to upper desert and it never got over 199. If I let the RPM’s get down to 15-1600, it would quickly rise to 94-99. It hit 205 once when I wasn’t paying attention to grabbing the gears.

Im here for 4 months now. I hope heading to Oregon will generate a Regen.

Based on the ECM report from Boise at about 57,000 miles, you had a forced DPF Regen and a DPF reset when you had the VGT turbo replaced at about 52,000 miles.  Under normal conditions, driving say an average of 50 MPH, you should see the next 100 hour engine run time Regen at about 62,000 miles.  So I'd say from Boise you will likely need to drive another 5,000 miles before seeing another DPF Regen.

It looks like removing the material blocking your radiator has likely solved your overheat problem.  As long as Max hill climb temp stays below 220 it won't log an engine derate.

One thing for sure - from the Boise Cummins ECM file, you learned a lot about the DPF Regen history on your coach engine.

mrbill1951

Everything helps!

I do not know

But doing a Web search, it doesn't sound like I should be hearing any clicks when I turn the ignition on or maybe just one.  I hear 3-4 rapid clicks.  They sound like they are coming from the dash somewhere.

Front A/C-heat pump not blowing cold or hot
Cubflyer

Things worked out great! Pressure held, pulled a vacuum, let it set for days.  Meanwhile I added a brace to stop the stress on the area of the tubing that cracked.  Insulated and sealed up the area of the evaporator coil and cleaned all coils.  I "boxed in" the condenser coil area so that the cover is no longer needed to form that plenum.  Placed the unit back up on the roof and connected the controls, serviced the unit with R22 and it is now blowing cold air again! (Happy Me!)

Now I will complete the repair by insulating and sealing up the air distribution system.  I'm planning to fabricate a spacer to place between the plastic grill and the base plate to create a gap to eliminate the electric junction box from clogging the filter. (a problem with both units so I will make two..) 

P.S. Rik W.... I did crack a beer with my a/c guy buddy with cold air blowing.... and about $1500 still in my pocket...☺️🍻

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipOI3pgGabJbUESBdEa7Mq1VD_aVFQPlJLX312gv

aacbrace.jpg

Cummins 400ISL Oil Change and Transmission Service
cterryl@sbcglobal.net

I was having a cracked exhaust manifold replaced on my motorhome. A rear radiator 2003 Beaver. They have to access some of the bolts from the access hatch in the bedroom. I bought enough thick plastic carpet runners to go the length of the motorhome. Pulled out the mattress before taking it to them. I had replaced the gaskets myself about five years ago and knew what they were up against. There is no way the mechanic can go through the motorhome without getting up against stuff. Just cover anything they might get up against with a towel or something. Any little prevention goes a long way. When I picked it up the mechanic saw me and came out and thanked me for taking the precautions I did. Just roll up carpet runner and store it till next time. They usually can not slide out rooms in the shop so imagine walking through there over and over with the rooms in. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Drivers Window Cloudy
jenronn

Not sure where you are located but I am leaving Wednesday to get one of my windows done in Hudson Florida. Been going there for years . The name of the business is Suncoast designers and they have camping spots. You come in the night before they start at 7:00 a.m. and they usually have your window done by the end of the day using the same glass. Highly recommend them . Suncoastdesigners.com

RIPPPA

Oil Tractor supply Filters Amazon 

Drivers Window Cloudy
redstickbill

The glass can be reused provided it has not etched very bad. I have also used Suncoastdesigners in Hudson, FL.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

Gary Cole

Congratulations. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I've been charging my R-12 and R-22 systems with purified propane for a number of years. Much cheaper and lower head pressures as a benefit. Interesting politics behind as to why propane is largely banned as a refrigerant in the USA and not other countries.  Has to something to due with Dupont, expiring patents, and of course, campaign money. 

Rikadoo

Some pics gentelmen😎

Rikadoo

It appears i have underestamated the power of repairing for the sake of repairing old stuff. My bad, hope you and your buddie enjoyed the cold beer👍🍻😎

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.