Portable Water Softeners

Mike H

I love it! Had hard water in a couple parks and crates spots. I don’t get that now with this. I use the smaller simple chuck one. It’s less money but have to refill resin more often. But uses same quantity as the bigger one does just not all at one time. It’s smaller so you have less to put in it. Both sizes use the resin the same way. And because it’s smaller it fits in bay better to take out and put in. And the smaller one has a meter on it to keep track of how much resin is in it and uses 

I bought a portable water softener years ago but never have used it.  Instead, I've been using "Clean Shower".  In over 15 years of use, I've never had to squeegee or wipe down the shower and there has never been any buildup of mineral deposits.  The shower still looks like new.   Just spritz the walls down after our showers and let it air dry.  If I could just get the shower to drain completely (water collects in one corner and has to be coaxed over to the drain 😧) I'd be done with it as soon as I stepped out.  You can find Clean Shower in Wally World, Dollar General and Big Lots for about $2.50 a bottle which goes a long way.  I highly recommend this product based on our long term results.

I do flush the mineral buildup from our hot water heater once a year.   We refill our 1 gallon jugs for drinking  water and have a 5 micron filter on the incoming water to keep the bugs out.

spacer.png

Guest jerrygrosman
On 3/25/2020 at 10:21 AM, Mike H said:

Thanks for the reply Richard.  I hadn't seen the TravelSoft water softener.  It looks to be slightly larger than the 'On-The'Go' unit.  How often have you had to change the resin in it?  The 'On-The-Go'  says in the 6-7 year time frame, which seem slink a long time to me but I don't really know.  Do you have to Backflush it more frequently than the Regeneration process?  I'm not really familiar with using one.

If you look on youtube you can find how to clean it and not need for changing the resin.  I have had mine for20 something years.  Anything the water touches is clean. No scum anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 1:38 PM, Moonwink said:

I bought a portable water softener years ago but never have used it.  Instead, I've been using "Clean Shower".  In over 15 years of use, I've never had to squeegee or wipe down the shower and there has never been any buildup of mineral deposits.  The shower still looks like new.   Just spritz the walls down after our showers and let it air dry.  If I could just get the shower to drain completely (water collects in one corner and has to be coaxed over to the drain 😧) I'd be done with it as soon as I stepped out.  You can find Clean Shower in Wally World, Dollar General and Big Lots for about $2.50 a bottle which goes a long way.  I highly recommend this product based on our long term results.

I do flush the mineral buildup from our hot water heater once a year.   We refill our 1 gallon jugs for drinking  water and have a 5 micron filter on the incoming water to keep the bugs out.

spacer.png

"X 2"

• Like 1

Have a friend who recently started using a softener. He too is embarrassed about neighbors thinking he's wasting water when he regenerates, so he drags a hose inside his MH, and puts the salty water into his grey tank 🤨!

I think he's nut's!!  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Have a friend who recently started using a softener. He too is embarrassed about neighbors thinking he's wasting water when he regenerates, so he drags a hose inside his MH, and puts the salty water into his grey tank 🤨!

I think he's nut's!!  

That's funny.

I choose not to worry about what others think. 🥓

15 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

I think he's nut's!!  

Yes, that is funny! Some people just lack even a little bit of common sense.

I use a fitting on my 3 inch sewer hose where the output hose from the water softener is attached. That water goes directly into the sewer while the regen process is taking place. Once done I remove the hose and attach my normal water hose going into the coach.