Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/570-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Filtering Dust in an RV ?
Bob Jones
BobSchmeck
Bay doors and front door won't unlock
jacwjames
Rv rehab.
BobSchmeck
power step cover
Jimmer
Tire lifespan
woodylmiller
Dash A/C vs MPG … Fact or Fiction?
woodylmiller
Tire lifespan
Rikadoo
Outside temperatures
Scotty Hutto
Tire lifespan
Paul A.
Air Bag numbers for 2007 Executive
pbustamante41
Outside temperatures
96 EVO
Outside temperatures
Dr4Film
willbo777
Hockeydiesel
Outside temperatures
96 EVO
Outside temperatures
Ray Davis
Outside temperatures
96 EVO
Ray Davis
Outside temperatures
Ray Davis
Looking for help! Again…
tact50
Looking for help! Again…
ncsteve
Outside temperatures
96 EVO
Outside temperatures
Scotty Hutto
Outside temperatures
96 EVO

Bob Jones
5 hours ago, Ivylog said:

Your skin replaces itself every month.

Mine is thick, it shouldn't float !!

5 hours ago, BobSchmeck said:

Yes, dust happens.  You can get a couple of air filters from Walmart or your local hardware store. They do help. My sinuses tell me they help.  If you think it's bad were your at you should try Arizona sometime.  Lol

I'm looking into it - seems everyone and their dog makes one and most of the ones I'm seeing are +$1,000

3 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

Hey for what its worth, seems dust happens, we got dogs an dirt happens🙀makes ya think how much are lungs deal with on a daily averge…

Tell me about it. I just wonder where it comes from!!

2 hours ago, Doug Cannon said:

Do you use your central vacuum? The return on them goes back into the coach. I use a Dyson and do not have any problems. 

No, I have a Dyson as well. I just did the day/night shades and the couch. I did the ceiling the other day. Other than that, I don't know what else to vacuum!

2008 Monaco Knight Air Dryer / Desiccant
Flyinhy
3 hours ago, Harvey Babb said:

Hopefully someone who knows your coach will reply, but if you have to trace it out start at the compressor. The dryer will be the first device the compressor discharge connects to. 

Have you looked at the air drier itself? I'm not familiar with your particular coach but some air driers have a spin on filter mounted on top of it.

HTB1QKRbXG5s3KVjSZFNq6AD3FXaU.jpg

Ivylog

Another member with a 08 Camelot posted this picture… in plain sight and easy to replace. On my 04 Dynasty and 08 Navigator it’s between the radiators and transmission (driver’s side) underneath.

80B59F0E-6C16-47E2-978C-75C25C8839BF.png

Speedometer reading way too high, and transmission not shifting up
Nosmo179

I have had a frequently occurring issue like yours with speed being high about 15 mph. I didn't do a stop start as you did. Mine settled down after driving for a while. 

My current issue is high RPM being way too high. Sometimes it settles down when I speed up the motor and other times it continues for a good while.

My feeling is that in my 96 Dynasty these are caused by my alternator.

I'd love to hear more about these problems and fix them.

jenronn

I am at a beautiful spot in Carrabelle FL but scheduled to leave tomorrow. Last night we were eating and heard the door lock. Sure enough it locked itself and all of the bays. Each time i shut the door it locked itself even when I shut it gently. 

This morning it is not locking itself when I shut the door but  only the key will unlock or lock front door and the bay doors will not unlock with the key. 

I have the ESSEX key pad and I replaced keypad about six months ago. This morning  I went ahead unplugged it and reprogrammed the key pad and it makes all the right beeps according to manual but does not lock or unlock anything. Went to key fobs and when I press the buttons on the key fob I can hear and feel the click when I put my hand on the brain behind instrument panel  but that signal is not activating the locks.

Any ideas? Has anyone had something similar happen? Don't understand why the key wont open any of the bay doors. Cant even leave the site until I at least resolve bay doors unlocking because the electric cord and hose have to be put away 

BobSchmeck

Bob

Your dealing with a small place. Walmart they cost $50 to $100. 1 in the bedroom & 1 in the living room.  You got it covered.  If you have a $1000 and it makes you feel better.  😉

jacwjames

If you haven't used the key to lock or unlock the bay doors for a period of time the locking/unlocking mechanism may just be dirty.  I can used the key in my bay doors but it takes some force to open them, not too long ago I actually broke a key off but I had spares and was able to get the piece out.  Once I got the bay door open I removed the inside cover and lubricated the mechanism.  There is still some resistance but usable.

One of my bay doors seems to be more troublesome then others.  My doors swing down and the latch is at the bottom.  I drilled a hole through so I can put a screw driver up from below to unlatch as a safety as a last resort in I can't get it open

Rv rehab.
BobSchmeck
On 10/7/2021 at 7:05 PM, Jim McGarvie said:

Where in Arizona? We had our flooring done at On the Road Again RV in Payson. We are very happy with it.

Thanks

Called them. 

Thanks for the reply.  

power step cover
Jimmer

My 03 Monaco electric motor had a dead spot on the armature causing intermittint operation. Replaced motor. All good now. 

Chuck B

The air dryer canaster is installed on the air dryer at the factory that manufacturers them.  The canaster was so tight that mine it had to be removed from the coach in order to remove the canaster.  The air dryer is needed to take the moisture out of the air before the air reaches the brakes.  If moisture is in the air when it reaches the brakes and freezes in cold weather, the brakes will not work.  If you do not have the correct jack stands, the ability to function under the coach, with the correct tools, it would serve you well to have a shop perform the work.  JMHO,  chuck B 2004 Windsor

Steve P
25 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

The air dryer canaster is installed on the air dryer at the factory that manufacturers them.  The canaster was so tight that mine it had to be removed from the coach in order to remove the canaster.  The air dryer is needed to take the moisture out of the air before the air reaches the brakes.  If moisture is in the air when it reaches the brakes and freezes in cold weather, the brakes will not work.  If you do not have the correct jack stands, the ability to function under the coach, with the correct tools, it would serve you well to have a shop perform the work.  JMHO,  chuck B 2004 Windsor

Chuck - that's great advice and good insight.  You are spot on regarding the moisture, which is why I'm on the hunt for the desiccant canister (no record the previous owner ever had it changed).  As much as possible, I prefer doing the work myself.  Stands, tools, and personal mobility are not the problem.  Figuring  out what has to be serviced, how often, and in this case where it is, is the current (first) challenge.  Degree of difficulty of removal will have to wait until I get to the storage facility and overcome that challenge.  Thanks for sharing! 

2002 Dip, first MH to cut our teeth on
Rikadoo

Mornin JD, hey i have been one of your biggest fans watching you thru this entire process, you have trulley tranformed many aspects of your projects into works of art, an have made it all look so easy, like i should be able to replicate many of your ideas on to my coach, which by the way almost identical to yours only with a HR badge on it. Im not sure if this was your entire vision or if you just paused long enough to take your vacation? 
I have one question though, it concerns your tail lights, did you leave the original bulbs (or at least the sockets) still connected? I saw you used those krimp on connectors onto the existing wires was that just for testing? 
I like how much brighter the LED bulbs are in the marker lights, espesially with the new lenses, when using a led light i really get excited when i know how much it saves the entire lighting circuits from the load they used to have to carry, as well as the amount of work the charging system had to do to just to “keep the lights on”! 
For me when i had just purchased my coach and was bringing it home i had the headlights on i noticed the longer the lights were on the HOTTER my headlight switch was getting and the dimmer the lights were, by back probing the head light wiring to monitor the voltage that when i first turned on the lights to 30 min later the voltage dropped significantly. At first i was going to upgrade the circuits, then decided to just change the load by installing LED headlights, the difference was INSTANT! Not only did the lights stay bright but my headlight switch temp dropped to near 0. Thats when i changed out everything to led!

Im lookin forward to here how your trip goes, keep us posted an safe travels.

96 EVO
2 hours ago, jenronn said:

Any ideas? Has anyone had something similar happen? Don't understand why the key wont open any of the bay doors. Cant even leave the site until I at least resolve bay doors unlocking because the electric cord and hose have to be put away 

I recently had my Trimark system fail, and lucky for me, all the bay door electric actuators failed unlocked!

When the actuator motors get power for too long, they fail in which ever position they were in, and they are stuck solid! If Essex uses the same bay door actuators Trimark 'used', your never going to get them to move with a key.

When I replaced the module and new keypad, I removed all the bay door actuators so I wouldn't find myself in the situation your in.

Tire lifespan
woodylmiller

I bought 8 TOYO's, 16ply, out the door all taxes and fees at $4,000 online.  Had to pay a shop to install and add beads.  Finding the tires right now is quite a challenge.  May have to pay what ever their asking and take what you can find.  Not a good time to need tires.

Woody Miller

JDCrow
25 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

Mornin JD, hey i have been one of your biggest fans watching you thru this entire process, you have trulley tranformed many aspects of your projects into works of art, an have made it all look so easy, like i should be able to replicate many of your ideas on to my coach, which by the way almost identical to yours only with a HR badge on it. Im not sure if this was your entire vision or if you just paused long enough to take your vacation? 
I have one question though, it concerns your tail lights, did you leave the original bulbs (or at least the sockets) still connected? I saw you used those krimp on connectors onto the existing wires was that just for testing? 
I like how much brighter the LED bulbs are in the marker lights, espesially with the new lenses, when using a led light i really get excited when i know how much it saves the entire lighting circuits from the load they used to have to carry, as well as the amount of work the charging system had to do to just to “keep the lights on”! 
For me when i had just purchased my coach and was bringing it home i had the headlights on i noticed the longer the lights were on the HOTTER my headlight switch was getting and the dimmer the lights were, by back probing the head light wiring to monitor the voltage that when i first turned on the lights to 30 min later the voltage dropped significantly. At first i was going to upgrade the circuits, then decided to just change the load by installing LED headlights, the difference was INSTANT! Not only did the lights stay bright but my headlight switch temp dropped to near 0. Thats when i changed out everything to led!

Yeah I should have explained what I did there, got in a hurry to get the pics on and get to bed. 

So the new housings have holes for 3 lights, top and bottom. 

In the upper lenses on the original housing, just the turn signal was used. I decided to run Up the small park lamp and reverse lamp as well. So I used the taps and ordered some sockets off Amazon to run those up. 

Especially with the reverse lamp, in the new housing is all chrome so a big hole would he there and it looked bad. 

8FBF945E-6DDA-44C3-A282-EE525331BED6.jpeg

53BA641B-F3E8-4897-8819-D4FBA9CC39AD.jpeg

42FFC46F-F186-4E8F-87D6-B59635604C29.jpeg

E2849CF7-8213-43AE-87FE-08D3C41368F1.jpeg

woodylmiller

We have the gen running all the time while underway for the refer, so we run the rooftop A/C's as well.  Economical??  A 50k pound beast being fed diesel is a hungry beast to begin with, I don't think I'll worry about dash A/C, which we do use until the heat overwhelms it, or roof A/C, about which is cheaper to use.  Comfort first, it the reason we bought the beast.  I'll pay the fuel any day to avoid lugging the DW's 80 pound suitcase into a hotel room.  I have a bad back.  And I'll be damned if I want to take off my belt, shoes and empty my pockets to get on a plane.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty

JDCrow
33 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

And, there isn’t a whole lot left to do on the coach. I have to wire the truck up today, and make sure it will tow. Leave tomorrow. 

I have a new roller shade to install today as well and If it works well, and wife likes it we will add more of them. 

Captain chairs will be on the list. Still haven’t got my catch can on yet.

Hopefully Starlink will have a mobile dish ready early next year.

New vinyl on the sides are on tap. I have new LED driving lights, but ran out of time this trip. TMPS didn’t make it for this trip so really bummed. Lots of stuff is backordered for everyone 

jenronn
42 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

I recently had my Trimark system fail, and lucky for me, all the bay door electric actuators failed unlocked!

When the actuator motors get power for too long, they fail in which ever position they were in, and they are stuck solid! If Essex uses the same bay door actuators Trimark 'used', your never going to get them to move with a key.

When I replaced the module and new keypad, I removed all the bay door actuators so I wouldn't find myself in the situation your in.

Hi Ben:

So do you think the best bet is to get the ones that are  stuck shut  and that I cant access from another bay  will have to have the lock tumblers removed by a lock smith? I will then be able to open them  and drive it but just not be able to lock them.  I guess there are a few once I get one bay open  I can crawl to from another bay and open them from the inside.

Rikadoo

So i just purchased all my parts to do the service on mine, 2003 HR, this is the filter for mine. I bought OTR brand however im sure NAPA may be able to get the filters as well. Yours should have a number on it too.5CB8C4F8-EE74-4EF2-9499-61999702AC7C.thumb.jpeg.f135e3f98b3235f4f09a8a31e2d76c9e.jpeg95B58105-69F3-477A-A099-9FEB959FF4FF.thumb.jpeg.7d434c4f7091179d46052a7a3db211cc.jpeg

Joe Lee

Funny and informative!  Thanks!

Tire lifespan
Rikadoo

With the new tires i purchased the old tires were “H” rated now the new ones are “J”s plus the ply rating went up as well. For now im gonna run my back tires a little longer, however the peace of mind having the new ones up front is huge.E05015C9-5291-432C-AB15-1558D3B61F1A.thumb.jpeg.f826048effc56b3d8f1fd3a07324be50.jpeg3706554D-30BF-40B2-B25B-0643FBA00918.thumb.jpeg.af8daffa186c8e2a1fc9b6e407000bfb.jpeg

Rikadoo

Hey Woody here here! I will drink to that🍻

Outside temperatures
Scotty Hutto

Thought I’d share one bit of advice and pictures of my re-do. 

Advice: Buy the true “AC” foam rubber mentioned in a link above. Either from Amazon or a local HVAC supply. I originally used the 1” x 1” foam insulation from Home Depot, and it disintegrated in about two years…  that’s why I have a “re-do”. 

Since I harassed Steven about pictures, here are my before, during, and after holes drilled. 

551EFC31-CC43-4143-BEA5-EA367008B3A6.thumb.jpeg.6669ff7005fba141309dfbc87cd89c36.jpeg

816FB794-0384-45F2-981A-196989F6223F.thumb.jpeg.d15d73dac6747e2dea264b01515dc603.jpeg

I used blue painters tape to create a straight line, then makes it every 2”. I staggered the holes on each line (hard to see on a phone, but if you expand it you can see the marks) I drilled 1” holes, first with a hole saw, then cleaned up the hole with a step bit. 

EDCE76EE-5785-44EB-A42E-42E310D17BC5.thumb.jpeg.d9a99e8c60ba927eec93adb2b679b63b.jpeg

C51A55CC-3C8A-4660-84C9-3C38ECF2B277.thumb.jpeg.ee1141520ff5b038ff0d7929ebf5bf27.jpeg

Tire lifespan
Paul A.

This could be a tire source that may have what you need.  Great Company.

https://www.pompstire.com/

The History of Pomp's Tire

Pomp’s Tire Service began in 1939 when Andrew “Sparky” Pomprowitz opened a warehouse, passenger, and commercial wholesale operation on Roosevelt Street in Green Bay, WI. Under the name of Pomprowitz Tire Company, he continued to expand at that location until a fire in 1942 burned the entire facility and all the stock. Pomprowitz rebuilt and combined the operation with Pomprowitz Appliance Company. When Sparky went off to serve his country in 1942, his brothers, Joe and John, operated the business until his return in 1944.

Pomp's Tire moved into recapping in 1952 and the business was incorporated as Pomp’s Recap Service, Inc. The business moved to the present Green Bay East location on Cedar Street.

Sparky passed away in 1964 and Roger Wochinske purchased the business as of January 1, 1965. The first new outlet store was added that year in Shawano, WI. Since that initial expansion in 1965, Pomp's Tire has grown to include over 120 locations in 11 states, 18 retread plants, one wheel manufacturing facility, and three original equipment manufacturing facilities. Pomp's Tire now consists of nearly 2100 employees throughout its footprint.

Still family owned, Pomp's Tire can now handle all tire needs from boat trailer to earthmover, retail, wholesale, commercial, 24-hour over-the-road truck tire service, recapping, agricultural, training, wheels and rims, and much more.

If you are in the market for great products and service at a reasonable price, come see what Pomp's Tire has to offer.

pbustamante41

I have the number for the rear air spring on my 2007 Monaco Executive (W01-358-8897). I am looking for the number for the front bags. I believe that they are the same but not sure. I am working to resolve a small leak on the right side of the rig and have replaced 4 rear bags previously and figure I might as well replace the remaining bags. Also, my aux compressor is filling all air tanks and not just the ping tank which takes about 25 minutes on average. Any suggestion on how to correct this problem is appreciated.

Outside temperatures
96 EVO

I recently put my elbow thru my front cover 😣, so I think mine are a little too old and brittle to bother improving airflow.

Ivylog

May not help but the door has 2 spring loaded pins, in the front door jam,  that provides the power to the door lock. Make sure they move freely and come out when the door is open.

Outside temperatures
Dr4Film
4 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

I recently put my elbow thru my front cover 😣, so I think mine are a little too old and brittle to bother improving airflow.

The place to get virtually indestructible AC covers is from ICON Direct. They come ventilated or non-ventilated.

Well worth the money.

https://www.icondirect.com/dometic-penguin-duo-therm-air-conditioner-shroud-pw/

Ivylog

Front are the same as the back… air hole may be different requiring reusing the bushing.

There’s a check valve that’s supposed to stop the air from going out… not sure where.

I carry one of the below as a spare.

F16ED724-5E51-43DF-AD9E-940AFBB9AB5B.png

willbo777

Your number is for the front with a 3/4" hole, the number for the rear bags is W01-358-9376.  You must have used a 3/4 to 1/4" bushing.

96 EVO
2 hours ago, jenronn said:

Hi Ben:

So do you think the best bet is to get the ones that are  stuck shut  and that I cant access from another bay  will have to have the lock tumblers removed by a lock smith? I will then be able to open them  and drive it but just not be able to lock them.  I guess there are a few once I get one bay open  I can crawl to from another bay and open them from the inside.

Yeah, the covers on the inside of the doors have to come off, a couple of screws holding the electric actuator , and the latch rod.

Do'able while laying inside a bay, but very uncomfortable!

What made me decide to remove the electric actuators was looking at my front bay. PS has the Aqua Hot mounted about 7" from the door, and DS has the fresh water tank about the same distance. 

Those actuators fail closed, your not getting in there!

Ray Davis

So, just drop down to Long Beach and see if they'll let you go thru those ships anchored off shore and find your stuff.

I know, it ain't funny, but it seems like one person can almost stop the world,  I won't say who I'm thinking of, & your person may be different.  It just shows how fragile all the pieces of industry are today.   I saw that some companies are considering hiring their own ships,  but who's unloading those suckers?   I guess they could go back to docking off shore and ferry the goods to the beach.   Yeah,  place your order and go pick it up,  at the beach.    

We have got to get this country back on track, this insanity can't be allowed to continue no matter your politics.

Sorry JD ..... I'm done.... for now    I could go on but   TX-OU is on

Hockeydiesel

Contitech AS8897 - find it parts - $127 free shipping. You will need a short 1 1/4 open end wrench ( about 7" long ) for the air fitting. Also you may have to force the air fitting through the top mounting plate if you can not remove it. They can be very tight. I hope this helps. Good luck, Mike.

Outside temperatures
96 EVO

Yeah, that's likely where I'll order from!

JDCrow
12 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

So, just drop down to Long Beach and see if they'll let you go thru those ships anchored off shore and find your stuff.

I know, it ain't funny, but it seems like one person can almost stop the world,  I won't say who I'm thinking of, & your person may be different.  It just shows how fragile all the pieces of industry are today.   I saw that some companies are considering hiring their own ships,  but who's unloading those suckers?   I guess they could go back to docking off shore and ferry the goods to the beach.   Yeah,  place your order and go pick it up,  at the beach.    

We have got to get this country back on track, this insanity can't be allowed to continue no matter your politics.

Sorry JD ..... I'm done.... for now    I could go on but   TX-OU is on

Who you routing for? My Ducks as usual decided that Stanford needed and win and just handed the game over to them. 

96 EVO

Trimark now sell actuators that are supposed to be thermally protected, so they kick out before the motor has a meltdown.

Unfortunately, they are not a direct screw in replacement, and I would have to fabricate adapter plates for each door to make them fit and operate properly. 

jenronn

Update on the problem. It appears as Ben said the actuators were in the locked position. I was able to go through the hole in the bottom of the electric bay where the AC cord for shore power comes out. Reaching up through there I was able to take of the backing plate to the lock and found the actuator frozen in the full lock position . I was able to bend the actuator rod enough to open the door and then removed the actuator and now the lock works fine with the key. I was able to access two other compartments that were also locked by Crawling through a couple of other compartments. Same story . Actuator frozen in the locked position - no 12 volt current present at the moment.  I removed those actuators and disconnected the power on the three doors that were unlocked so now I am able to travel. Problem is the front electrical bay is locked and I have no access to get to the backside of the lock without cutting a hole in the floor!!  Without access to the relays I can't fix anything. I have disconnected the key pad and probably will the remote module as well before leaving. Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there another way to open the bay door lock with the actuator frozen in the locked position? put current to the frozen  actuators but no response. 

96 EVO

Wow!

Well done! That was fast.

Outside temperatures
Ray Davis
1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

Gorilla,  Eternabond, or Flexseal,  your good as new.    😁

Outside temperatures
96 EVO
18 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Gorilla,  Eternabond, or Flexseal,  your good as new.    😁

Ray, I had to sacrifice one of the wife's rubbermaid tote covers 🤫!

Couple of strips of Eternabond, and good as new, as long as nobody looks down from above! 

Ray Davis

Woody you should get the post of the day if we had one.  👍   

We could do pretty much the same thing in a bumper pull and do it a whole lot cheaper.  However this is what we wanted so we planned and can so here we are.            I've bought fuel a lot cheaper and a lot higher,  ain't figuring on stopping either,  might slow down some though.   Wife says I've already done that as much as possible.

Ray Davis
1 hour ago, JDCrow said:

Who you routing for? My Ducks as usual decided that Stanford needed and win and just handed the game over to them. 

Longhorns,   but they lost in a wild exciting come from behind win by the Sooners.  Ain't college ball excitin tho.

JDCrow
5 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Longhorns,   but they lost in a wild exciting come from behind win by the Sooners.  Ain't college ball excitin tho.

Yeah way better than pros. Though I’m liking watching Herbert with the Chargers 

trailmug

Amen to that.. 62MPH but we get 7MPG in the Sig. 🤷‍♂️ Any higher than that and the boost, fuel, and heat runs away with the EGR. 

Outside temperatures
Ray Davis
1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

Ray, I had to sacrifice one of the wife's rubbermaid tote covers 🤫!

Couple of strips of Eternabond, and good as new, as long as nobody looks down from above! 

Atta boy,   did you ask first?  Are you in trouble?  Maybe she won't even miss it.   Like you said can't see from down here anyway.

Looking for help! Again…
tact50

‘94 Monaco dynasty

We went to U-Haul and filled up with LP. We were at a 1/2 tank of LP and everything was working (generator/fridge/stove).  After getting our tank filled we realized that nothing LP related would work (generator/fridge/stove) as if nothing is getting gas. We have the valve set to open. We went back to U-Haul and the technician who filled up the LP said “I am no technician” and refereed us to AmeriGas( who doesn’t open until Monday).

Any ideas or suggestions?

Attached are two pictures. One of the LP tank and the other of our traveling companion, Elton. 

756A11E9-ABC8-40B5-B65A-8DE7BA608152.jpeg

911C3648-B324-4A17-AF6D-7CD4A7B34A11.jpeg

Looking for help! Again…
ncsteve

On our coach there is a electric switch in the bay that turns the gas valve on and off. It sometimes shuts off on its own. Appears you have a couple of wires coming off your valve. I would see where they lead you.

Outside temperatures
96 EVO

Oh it didn't go anywhere! 

It just has a 9"X 6" hole in the center 😀! I'm sure she'll find it some day, and I'll have to blame it on mice!

Outside temperatures
Scotty Hutto
2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

The place to get virtually indestructible AC covers is from ICON Direct. They come ventilated or non-ventilated.

Well worth the money.

https://www.icondirect.com/dometic-penguin-duo-therm-air-conditioner-shroud-pw/

The ones pictured are Icon Direct.  I was a noobie when I got them and just didn’t know to click the button to get the holes pre-drilled. 😜

Since these are original heat pumps (15 yrs old), the covers will likely outlast the heat pumps. 

PS - and you would think a mechanical engineer would know better than to order black HVAC covers. 🤦🏻‍♂️  But I did.  

Outside temperatures
96 EVO
2 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

PS - and you would think a mechanical engineer would know better than to order black HVAC covers. 🤦🏻‍♂️  But I did.  

I will be as well.

Black water tank won't drain
alaskawalker

The black water holding tank in my 2007 Holiday Rambler Neptune won't drain. Tried plunger, RV tank treatments, but it still eont drain. The grey water drains fine. 

Any suggestions?

RV Whisper & SeeLevel Gauges - 2006 Diplomat
Scotty Hutto

Finally installed my SeeLevel tank gauges this weekend. Connected the SeeLevel to my RV Whisper, and now I’m all setup to get text message alerts when my tanks get to specific levels. 😉

F81F42AD-214B-4D28-9086-5454BC4222F7.thumb.jpeg.2b2f26eef62a29bdb838237081cd1d05.jpeg

D65B4D8C-6A9A-4AB5-88B4-64624D7515E8.thumb.jpeg.12c4ac4ac927358f3f049b804a25721e.jpeg

56993E0A-C787-4DF3-8000-934D69034DDB.thumb.jpeg.a61dcc8e3ba11f1a9be77010301aef57.jpeg

Gary M
18 minutes ago, alaskawalker said:

The black water holding tank in my 2007 Holiday Rambler Neptune won't drain. Tried plunger, RV tank treatments, but it still eont drain. The grey water drains fine. 

Any suggestions?

I keep one of these with me to be able to spray water backwards into tank.F529B33B-409F-4B22-8D8B-C5E4E5F0C15E.thumb.jpeg.2ec6f750c34cfc51b713ae9fa11b8242.jpeg

Joelsheriff

Nice set up. I have an 07 Dip. What is whisper and bully. I have a sea level not II.  Can you explain how you have intent access and those readings on an app 

Looking for help! Again…
Trinidaddave
2 hours ago, ncsteve said:

On our coach there is a electric switch in the bay that turns the gas valve on and off. It sometimes shuts off on its own. Appears you have a couple of wires coming off your valve. I would see where they lead you.

Possibly he over filled tour tank?  I think I would try closing the valve and open it very slowly.  Bleed all air out of lines, try lighting the stove first. I believe those wires are just your gauge that tie back to your monitoring system 

1 minute ago, Trinidaddave said:

Possibly he over filled tour tank?  I think I would try closing the valve and open it very slowly.  Bleed all air out of lines, try lighting the stove first. I believe those wires are just your gauge that tie back to your monitoring system 

Just noticed the wires ncSteve was referring too.  Yes, you need to figure out what operates that solenoid.  Probably should know anyway

Ed Adair

I’ve been looking at the Seelevel gauge system myself where did you mount the tank sensors? If possible could you add pictures?

redstickbill

Are you sure the dump  valve stem is screwed into the valve gate? Can you probe the drain line and get up the line past the valve ?

Bill B 07 Dynasty

Dometic Penguin A/C-Heat pump inside Fan broken
Cubflyer

My evaporator plastic squirrel cage fan is cracked, blades missing.   Anyone have an old unit around with a good fan in it you want to part with?

Scotty Hutto
3 hours ago, Joelsheriff said:

Nice set up. I have an 07 Dip. What is whisper and bully. I have a sea level not II.  Can you explain how you have intent access and those readings on an app 

Thanks!  Bully is the nickname of my RV.

The app is called RV Whisper.  It’s a system that allows me to monitor temperatures, battery voltage, etc. either via internet, or if in the coach, directly. It’s fairly inexpensive. I use it to keep tabs on temps in the coach for the dog, the fridge, the batteries, and my wet bay temp. They have a lot of different sensors. What I really like is you can set up text alerts based on any sensor. Here’s their website:

https://rvwhisper.com/

I have internet full-time in the coach using a ToGo Roadlink (aka Winegard ConnecT 2.0). I have a 100GB/mo data-only plan through Cricket @ $55/mo.

Walker

I should have what you need. I'll try to check tomorrow.

Scotty Hutto
56 minutes ago, Ed Adair said:

I’ve been looking at the Seelevel gauge system myself where did you mount the tank sensors? If possible could you add pictures?

Sure.  I thought I had more pics, but all I have is this one of the fresh water sensor: (curbside - on my coach it’s difficult to access the freshwater tank from the wet bay / roadside bay door)

57A43847-80B0-42DA-ADC2-EDEB28DA1606.thumb.jpeg.68ceb6a8ce938f4eae465585caece706.jpeg (The blue tape is temporary to test the sensor)

I ran a 2 conductor double insulated 18 ga wire across the top of the wet bay to the gray and black sensors to tie them together.

I mounted my gray and black water sensors exactly as Bob Nodine did in this post on irv2:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/tank-monitor-135682.html#post1297224

I disconnected and removed all of the red/white existing tank sensor wiring shown in Bob’s pics.  I used the existing wiring harness from the factory sensors to tie the SeeLevel sensors back to the display panel inside (and also to power the wet bay SeeLevel display)  I used a Dremel tool with a thin-cut blade to remove the existing KIB sensor panel and mounted the SeeLevel panel there. 

Note: If you want to connect to a RV Whisper, you need to purchase the Bluetooth version SeeLevel 709-BTP3

Ray Davis

Original 03 vintage units or have they been replaced before?    Evaporator fan means inside fan, right?     I think it matters or maybe it doesn't.

operation of locking clip on Carefree awning above entry door 2004 HR Scepter
ok-rver

While driving about 65 mph downhill into a 20 mph headwind, my wife noticed the awning above the entry door had rolled out a few inches. This awning has maybe 4' long arms on each side of the door. The awning pull is around 36" long so a decent size awning. mounted to the side of the MH are two clips that the awning arms "snaps" up against. There is a slide block inside the awning arm with two holes and wings that fit into the clips on the side of the MH. My owners manual does not address these clips and I have not had any luck in the past getting info off the Carefree website. Tonight it will not even come up.

I pulled the sliding blocks down, pushed the awning arms against the clip and was able to get one of the blocks to slide up. appeared to be a position mismatch and could not get the second block up. Used side cutters to bevel the upper corners off the wings of the block and lubed the slides and I can push the clips up and "lock" the arms to the side. I am wondering if the blocks should be unlocked to roll out and locked to store by physically moving up and down or will they self lock/unlock when the awning is rolled out or up? not wanting to slam the the blocks and break the clips. what do others do? slow internet and can not upload pic at this time

JDCrow

Sweet looking! Did you have to fish wires up/down the main chase? I ask because I need to fish a cat5 down to my Multiplus. 

Scotty Hutto
1 minute ago, JDCrow said:

Sweet looking! Did you have to fish wires up/down the main chase? I ask because I need to fish a cat5 down to my Multiplus. 

No, I was able to use the existing wiring harness. 

Cubflyer
Original 03 vintage units or have they been replaced before?    Evaporator fan means inside fan, right?     I think it matters or maybe it doesn't

Yes, I believe original units, inside fan, on same motor as the 'outside' fan, and they are different from inside or outside.

Need info on the stock solar panel setup on a 2002 Signature 40
jjroxus

I am new to the site and have been spending a lot of time reading posts.  There’s a lot of info here…What a great group this is!  

I purchased a 2002 Signature 40 a few weeks ago and am just getting to know it.  I have studied the owners manual and still I have a lot of questions.  My wife and I are former long time live aboard-cruising sailors and I am very familiar at living on 12volts.  However the coach is a bit more complicated electrically than the boat.  So he we go…  The charging system: I am not sure everything is working correctly.

The coach seems to be pretty much original from the electrical stand point.  It has what I believe is the original solar panel on the roof.  I doesn’t seem to be charging the batteries.  I do have the electrical manual and have been studying it intensely, however I don’t see any info on the solar panel wiring.  The only thing I have found is there is a supposed to be a ground wire on the low amperage plate negative strip in the driver-side engine area.  I could use some in site on where or if there is a controller for the panel, where the wiring goes once inside the fridge vent, and where it is supposed to finally hooks into the 12V electrical system.  After I get that figured out I will move deeper into the high current plate operation, big-boy testing, battery saver, …

Thanks,

JJ

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.