Power Gear Leveling Issue

On our return trip home from NV I began to experience an intermittent problem with my Power Gear Electronic Leveling System. The problem is - after I set the brake & turn on the leveling system at the keypad, I get a blinking light warning to "Engage Parking Brake". No leveling options will work while I get this flashing light! As a result, I have to leave the coach as is for the night w/o the ability to level. Does anyone know what could be the problem, part to replace or even the possibility as to how I can effectively wire up a work around? Since I have a Brake light on the dash I would like to just wire a work-around to bypass this issue.
Suggestions please.
Thanks!
Bart from VA
07 HR 42PLQ Scepter - 400 ISL
07 GMC 2500HD in tow

I bet it is simply the switch on the brake pedal arm. Mine would do the same and I could get it working by tapping/touching the switch. The switch is a simple open contact and seems to get some layer of corrosion that is enough to prevent current flow. I never did get around to replacing the switch with something better.

Good luck.

Vic Whitmore

06 Monaco Monarch

On 3/25/2020 at 7:43 PM, isptbart said:

On our return trip home from NV I began to experience an intermittent problem with my Power Gear Electronic Leveling System. The problem is - after I set the brake & turn on the leveling system at the keypad, I get a blinking light warning to "Engage Parking Brake". No leveling options will work while I get this flashing light! As a result, I have to leave the coach as is for the night w/o the ability to level. Does anyone know what could be the problem, part to replace or even the possibility as to how I can effectively wire up a work around? Since I have a Brake light on the dash I would like to just wire a work-around to bypass this issue.
Suggestions please.
Thanks!
Bart from VA
07 GMC 2500HD in tow

Most likely problem is the Nason switch under and screwed into the parking brake valve. Not difficult to replace. 

Have you tried re-setting the "brain" by turning off your batteries and then back on?  I've never had the problem your having, but I had a constant fault beep while in motion, it would clear up for a while if I turned of both battery disconnects and then back on.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

On 3/25/2020 at 4:43 PM, isptbart said:

Suggestions please.
Thanks!
Bart from VA
07 GMC 2500HD in tow

Could be three things:

Brain $450

Wire $250

Switch $50

This is the parking brake plunger air valve.  Replaced it and all OK.

isptbart

I had the same problem on my 2006 Knight. I had to remove and replace the following in order to correct the problem:  Brake pressure switch located on the air pressure valve that is used to set the parking brake.($60 for the switch.)  

Last year, mine did the same thing. I replaced the parking brake pressure sensor and no issues since.  

Screenshot_20200329-100318_Chrome.jpg