TDS fuel card

I have a 80 gallon tank/pump/long hose in my PU but it had off road diesel in it… I stay legal in what goes in the PU’s tank. I would not use it as a toad (to heavy) or use it to transfer fuel (10 gallons/minute) as I go into the cheapest stations with my rig.

The time involved taking the truck to get fuel and then transfer it into the MH exceeds even my frugal nature. OK, I have used it to gas my boats instead of the local marina and then I’ve put high test in one tank of the airplane but these’s a $2 price difference.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ivylog said:

Happening at TAs out West.

EBA522C0-7FE6-415C-8932-7A3AB9543591.png

This is the beginning of exactly what "competitive" countries are counting on when they mobilize against us.  Sure, let's tap the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to increase supply and reduce prices!   

I will not comment on the shortage but I tried the card on our last 2500 mile trip. It was next to useless. At one independent there was zero discount on winter fuel

At another I checked the map fuel price at 8 am. When I arrived at my planned stop fuel had risen in price and the discount was under 10 cents a gallon. I also found that once you get one to the Southwest there are hardly any stations listed. But by watching the smaller chains and independents there can be savings.  I paid $3.38 at a truck stop in FT.Morgan,co. The loves on the map was  around $3.60 with the discount.  Big disappointment. Perhaps when and if fuel prices drop it will be an advantage.

I have found that when fuel prices are decreasing, the TSD card is quicker to respond to the reduced price resulting it being the best price. Using Ft Morgan currently, the TSD price is $3.02 and the best with my 5% back credit card is $3.15. 
BUT, south of Denver the Sam’s price is $3.04 less the 5% so $2.90 if coming up I-25 to I-76, guess where I’d get fuel….helps to have a 900 mile range.

Edited by Ivylog