Jump to content

Monacoers Daily Digest


Scotty Hutto
 Share

Recommended Posts

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/573-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

 

Index

Solenoid for the ignition switch
Jim Bob
Solenoid for the ignition switch
BrianD
Rv rehab.
herbstark
Tire PSI Settings
FWGERHART
Tire PSI Settings
Dr4Film
Rv rehab.
BobSchmeck
Rv rehab.
Ernie Ekberg
Tire lifespan
throgmartin
Generator service in Jax, FL?
Joe Lee
Generator service in Jax, FL?
Bob Doh
Generator service in Jax, FL?
Dr4Film
Toolbox
RVhorod
Generator service in Jax, FL?
Joe Lee
Tire lifespan
FishAR
Tire lifespan
W7BE_Bob
Tire lifespan
Dr4Film
Tire lifespan
Chuck B
Replaced Norcold 1200LIRM
saflyer
Tire PSI Settings
Paul A.
Looking for help! Again…
dl_racing427
TDS fuel card
Joelsheriff
TDS fuel card
cbr046
Looking for help! Again…
Ray Davis
TDS fuel card
gregolson65@yahoo.com
TDS fuel card
Gary M
Onan 7500w Quiet Diesel Generator
SkyKingII
TDS fuel card
cbr046
TDS fuel card
willbo777
TDS fuel card
Chuck B
TDS fuel card
Hypoxia
TDS fuel card
willbo777
TDS fuel card
Capt Mike
Wet bay heater question
Chuck Hefti
TDS fuel card
KevinH
TDS fuel card
Hypoxia
Creating the Toad
JDCrow
Tire PSI Settings
waterskier_1
Wet bay heater question
Dr4Film
Looking for help! Again…
ok-rver
TDS fuel card
Joelsheriff
Tire PSI Settings
Chargerman
TDS fuel card
Ivylog
Funny heat pumps…
Pduggs
Wet bay heater question
Chuck Hefti
Funny heat pumps…
96 EVO
TDS fuel card
Gary 05 AMB DST

New Posts

Solenoid for the ignition switch
Jim Bob

Mine is in the front fuse box that is located in the front, drivers side, pretty much right under the drivers window.  May some Dip owners can help you more specifically for your coach.


Solenoid for the ignition switch
BrianD

I have a 09 HR and mine is in the battery compartment. 


Please gas smell/ generator making strange noises/ Idol is fluctuating up-and-down
Pepperell

Shut the gas off!  I bought a gas detector/sniffer from Amazon for about $40 and tracked it to a faulty pressure regulator at the tank.  


Rv rehab.
herbstark
23 hours ago, Ernie Ekberg said:

We do flooring in Texas- maybe cheaper. Ernie Ekberg

Ernie and his family do great work.  You can contact him at: 

ernietex@yahoo.com- or 817-475-3991
 

If you are one Facebook, search for Ernie Ekberg Flooring, loads of pictures.  Very active on Foretravel Group.


Tire PSI Settings
FWGERHART

I just installed 6 new Michelin tires. 2 front. 4 rear. I want to set the PSI accurately. What is the recommendation? PSI cold. Thank you


Tire PSI Settings
Dr4Film

Fred,

Before anyone can help you with the correct psi for your tires more information is needed such as:

Corner weight of each corner of the coach when typically loaded for travel. If not corner, minimally you should have axle weights.

Model and size of the tires, (brand is Michelin)

If none of this critical information is known then inflate the tires to maximum cold psi as recommended on the side of the tire & wheel.


Please gas smell/ generator making strange noises/ Idol is fluctuating up-and-down
Ivylog

Propane smell is likely a leak at the regulator on the tank. ..recent thread on which regulator. 
Your diesel 10K generator is probably in need of a new fuel filter (cheapest place to start) but the electric fuel pump (Amazon has them) is also known to weaken and not supply enough fuel…10K should run at a constant speed.

 


Rv rehab.
BobSchmeck
1 hour ago, herbstark said:

Ernie and his family do great work.  You can contact him at: 

ernietex@yahoo.com- or 817-475-3991
 

If you are one Facebook, search for Ernie Ekberg Flooring, loads of pictures.  Very active on Foretravel Group.

Thank you, we want to plan a trip to Texas anyway.  Will check them out.  


Rv rehab.
Ernie Ekberg

It’s just the two of us- but we each do a coach separately. We take appointments and do not work on more than one coach at a time. Ernie and son Brent


Tire lifespan
throgmartin

Everyone has their own tire program for their coach. I know I have my own and I consider my tire habits a personal choice based on my own preferences and what gives me peace of mind. In the end it is my ass sitting in the drivers seat and I will not risk my life or those of friends or loved ones all in an effort to save money. Some say I am OCD about my tires but that is my choice. I have seen too many coaches destroyed, people injured and killed over blown tires. In the 20 plus years of RV'ing I have never had a blow out. I change my steer tires every 5 years and the dual's every 6 years. I keep them clean, treated well with 303 and covered. I run my coach down the road every 30 - 60 days and I make sure when parked I have the jacks down far enough to take some of the load off the tires.

I also upsized my tires from 275's to 295's to prevent overloading and to also run lower pressures which improves the ride. I have had 4 corner weights done in multiple traveling configurations and religiously check pressures before each trip. Before buying new tires I poll fleet owners who have semi's running 100,000 miles a year on their rigs. I find out which tire has given them the best reliability and I also check with the tire service guys at Love's and Flying J to see which tires they have seen more blow outs on. No offense but I never go off what other RV'ers recommend for tire brands. The amount of miles we all put on our tires every year is ridiculously low as compared to the amount of miles traveled by large fleet owners. I also never listen to tire shops as their opinions can be biased based on profit margins that month.

In regards to RV'ers length of service for tires I rarely pay attention. Every one treats their tires differently in regards to care, miles traveled, climate, tire pressures, overloading not to mention the abuse one subjects their tires to such as potholes, curb rubs, etc. There are way too many variables to ascertain a set replacement schedule as everyone of us cares for our tires differently, runs different brand tires, drive smoother or rougher highways and those of us who are parked in high UV ray states like AZ, CA and FL.

In the end we all have to adopt a tire program that works for us.

 


Generator service in Jax, FL?
Joe Lee

I have an old Oran 10HDKAG generator. I need to have the Rotor/Stator replaced, then have someone do a complete review to make sure it’s ready to go again. 
 

Does anyone have a recommendation for a generator Mechanic in the Jacksonville, FL area?


Generator service in Jax, FL?
Bob Doh

You might try the Cummins service center. Great facility,, I used them a couple years ago ,, RV friendly. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=cummins+service+in+jacksonville&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#


Generator service in Jax, FL?
Dr4Film

I second Bob's recommendation. They will know exactly what to do for repair & service plus will have the parts needed.

755 Pickettville Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32220
 

Toolbox
RVhorod

I subscribe to the theory, " If I have it, I probably won't need it, if I don't have it I will need it". Therefore, I carry a lot of tools. I have a 2-way slide out and I wanted to maintain it. So my tool box is 26" x 19.5" x 12"  it passes under the frame rails.

20211009_101851.jpg

20211009_101832.jpg


Sliding door won't stay open and locked
daveyjo

I'll post one next time I am at the coach.  Thanks.

Dave


Generator service in Jax, FL?
Joe Lee

Thanks for the reply and endorsement. I will go there. 


Tire lifespan
FishAR
2 hours ago, throgmartin said:

Everyone has their own tire program for their coach. I know I have my own and I consider my tire habits a personal choice based on my own preferences and what gives me peace of mind. In the end it is my ass sitting in the drivers seat and I will not risk my life or those of friends or loved ones all in an effort to save money. Some say I am OCD about my tires but that is my choice. I have seen too many coaches destroyed, people injured and killed over blown tires. In the 20 plus years of RV'ing I have never had a blow out. I change my steer tires every 5 years and the dual's every 6 years. I keep them clean, treated well with 303 and covered. I run my coach down the road every 30 - 60 days and I make sure when parked I have the jacks down far enough to take some of the load off the tires.

I also upsized my tires from 275's to 295's to prevent overloading and to also run lower pressures which improves the ride. I have had 4 corner weights done in multiple traveling configurations and religiously check pressures before each trip. Before buying new tires I poll fleet owners who have semi's running 100,000 miles a year on their rigs. I find out which tire has given them the best reliability and I also check with the tire service guys at Love's and Flying J to see which tires they have seen more blow outs on. No offense but I never go off what other RV'ers recommend for tire brands. The amount of miles we all put on our tires every year is ridiculously low as compared to the amount of miles traveled by large fleet owners. I also never listen to tire shops as their opinions can be biased based on profit margins that month.

In regards to RV'ers length of service for tires I rarely pay attention. Every one treats their tires differently in regards to care, miles traveled, climate, tire pressures, overloading not to mention the abuse one subjects their tires to such as potholes, curb rubs, etc. There are way too many variables to ascertain a set replacement schedule as everyone of us cares for our tires differently, runs different brand tires, drive smoother or rougher highways and those of us who are parked in high UV ray states like AZ, CA and FL.

In the end we all have to adopt a tire program that works for us.

 

I see a lot of 303 products. Tire Balm and Protectant, Tire Coating and Protectant, Uv Protectant Spray. Which one do you use?

If you think tire covers really help I guess I'll spring for some, I hadn't made up my mind. Do you think color makes a difference?


Tire lifespan
W7BE_Bob

If you have metal stems rebuild them. If rubber then replace them with metal. And use the dually kit for the duals. Never use extenders. Now easy to inflate and much better if you add TPMS. Early 2020 DOT could be 22 months old. 

I personally would never use beads. Spin balance or wheel balancers. 

If you must dvive on the intestate then I would travel with low temps and traffic and 45 MPH with flashers. 

My steers are 14K lb and duals 20K lb (maxed out) and hence no room to adjust the tag at 5K lb which would oveload the steers . With full cargo, water, fuel and propane, in spec but very poor design IMHO. 

 

 


Tire lifespan
Dr4Film
2 minutes ago, FishAR said:

If you think tire covers really help I guess I'll spring for some, I hadn't made up my mind. Do you think color makes a difference?

Mike, mine are the Custom MCD covers which are no longer available. They slide into a groove on the edge of the wheel well. They are black and not sure if color makes any difference. What IS important is do NOT use the covers that go directly onto and over the tires. They may block the sun but they also transfer heat to the tire. They should be mounted on the wheel well or in front of the wheel well.


Tire lifespan
Chuck B

I agree with Chris 1000%.  We purchased our Windsor in 2004.  We lived full time in it for 6 years.  Sold the Windsor when we decided to get off the road in 2010.  We purchased a house in 2010 in southern Mississippi and was able to homestead so we did not have to pay property taxes.  With proper maintenance, our Goodyear tires served us good for that 6 year period.  .

When parked, I used the MCD covers.  If I stayed in one place for a period of time I would take the coach out for a 50 mile trip twice a month to exercise the systems.  


Replaced Norcold 1200LIRM
saflyer
On 8/9/2021 at 10:02 AM, Corkman said:

I’ve asked this question before but never heard back and answer. Could somebody please tell me what the Amish solution is?

A company in Indiana makes improved, more robust cooling units for Norcold and I think Dometic refrigerators. They have a loyal following but some people aren’t really excited about them. I believe they make two way units, AC and propane, as well as DC only ones.

I installed a Whirlpool 17cf residential a few years ago but wish I had of known about the 12v Amish unit. Might have gone that route to reduce energy consumption while boondocking. My Whirlpool uses close to 100ah per day.

https://jc-refrigeration.com

Ed           
‘05 HR Ambassador 
 


Tire PSI Settings
Paul A.
5 hours ago, FWGERHART said:

I just installed 6 new Michelin tires. 2 front. 4 rear. I want to set the PSI accurately. What is the recommendation? PSI cold. Thank you

Weigh the coach. Four , or Six corner weight is the best, but single axle weights will be OK too. Fuel and water full. Black and grey tanks empty with your stuff on board. CAT scales at many truck stops. Tell the clerk you want to weigh a coach. There is an intercom at the scale so you can communicate with the clerk. There will be -3- platforms for -3- axles. Steer axle on the  first, Drive on the second, and if applicable, Tag on the third. Get the print out from the clerk. IF you have a tag axle, you may have to adjust your DOWN pressure to move weight as needed, and after adjusting your down pressure on the tag, REWEIGH the coach.  Now go to YOUR tire Mfg. inflation charts for the correct COLD inflation.
Tire Inflation Tables
 
RVSEF Home
RVSAFETY.COM
RVSEF Home

Looking for help! Again…
dl_racing427
22 hours ago, Mel S - '96 Safari said:

DR4Film

The Onan LP generators do burn propane in its vapor form.

The liquid propane flows from the tank to the generator where it is vaporized by a VAPORIZER, (aka: propane carburetor), on the generator.

Propane Carburetor Price [Oct 2021] Found 278 For Sale

BTW the 'vaporizer' is warmed by the heat of the running generator engine ... preventing freeze ups  (even in  temps as low as -40 degrees Celsius .

Thanks for elaborating Mel.

I know our propane fork trucks at work use the liquid outlet, as you'll often get a spray of frosty LP when disconnecting one that's near empty. LOL


TDS fuel card
Joelsheriff

So I just filled up with $200 at Pilot Flying J at 385 a gallon and got no discount not one penny is that correct or is this card that I was trying trying to screw rvers like all the oil companies are currently doing to the rest of the world


TDS fuel card
cbr046

Pilot and Flying J aren't part of the program, so no discount.

You need to use it in the truck lanes only at T/A, Petro or Love's.  There's also an app to download for your phone with maps & prices.  Go to your app store and look for 'TSD Open Roads' with a green money bag for the icon.  Highly recommended.

- bob


Looking for help! Again…
Ray Davis

Where ya been Mel?   Hope you've been ok.    Missed seeing your posts & having you around.


Cummins 400ISL Oil Change and Transmission Service
FishAR

Went up and checked on the Monaco and we have progress. Oil and filter changed, tranny fluid and filter changed, belts changed, generator fixed.

AC compressor is burned up. Told him to call me with the price for a new one (Pretty sure I've seen them at $250)

Check engine light traces to high fuel pressure, a bad fuel pressure regulator and they're trying to locate one, think they've found one.

 


TDS fuel card
gregolson65@yahoo.com

Sometimes the discount will not show up until it is processed in your next statement and you can ask the gas attendant to run the card to make sure it is accepted at the pump. I had this issue come up before. If you have issues, there is a toll free number to call before you purchase gas. They are very helpful.


TDS fuel card
Gary M

Ive used mine 6 times so far and unless I write down the price at the pump, I have no idea how much I’m saving cuz the bill does not reflect the price at the pump. I do know that after most of my fill-ups, the next out of program fuel station is selling at the same price of my discount. Thats been a little frustrating. 


Onan 7500w Quiet Diesel Generator
SkyKingII
On 10/10/2021 at 4:23 PM, kenandjoanne2002 said:

I have a Onan 7500w Quiet Diesel Generator in my 02 Diplomat pbdd.  The coach has 133k and genset has 3800hrs.  On my current trip twice the genset breaker has tripped.  The second time I was watching the numbers on the EMS panel hover close to 38amps.  I was making coffee, using microwave and charging batteries.  A normal load in the past.  I was NOT the winner of the 650million Powerball so not really interested in going to Cummins Coach Care.  We will be at our Arizona City home in 7-8 days and the coach will be parked for 3-4 months before heading to Quartszite.  My genset is not on sliding tray and must be removed to work to be done.  Does anybody know a genset mechanic that doesn't have solid gold tools like Coach Care?  The  engine is still humming even when the breaker is tripped.  Not being knowledgeable on gensets my guess something is wearing out.  Any thoughts?  Ken Parsons 72707 541 963 8990

Ken I am with TonyG7RayDavis,I would start with breaker on genny itself first. I have an 04 40'Diplomat PDQ and a few years ago my breaker kept tripping randomly on genny,I did amazon trick and put new one on .As I remember it was somewhat of a PIA even though mine is on a pullout tray not rocket science but time consuming to get all covers off to access mounts of breaker. Solved problem never tripped again,I think breaker was somewhere around $30-$40.Cheap fix! Good Luck! My Dip currently has 62k miles I did this repair at probably 15k miles ago...so you did well to get 133miles! Whatever your doing keep it up!

Bruce E Crocker

2004 40'Diplomat PDQ


TDS fuel card
cbr046
1 hour ago, gregolson65@yahoo.com said:

Sometimes the discount will not show up until it is processed in your next statement and you can ask the gas attendant to run the card to make sure it is accepted at the pump. I had this issue come up before. If you have issues, there is a toll free number to call before you purchase gas. They are very helpful.

If you're pumping the card is accepted.  You determine the cost/gal through the Open Roads app (maps).  After a business day or two you can 'View Transactions' and how much is debited. 

55 minutes ago, Gary M said:

 unless I write down the price at the pump, I have no idea how much I’m saving cuz the bill does not reflect the price at the pump. I do know that after most of my fill-ups, the next out of program fuel station is selling at the same price of my discount. Thats been a little frustrating. 

I take a photo of the pump after I'm done pumping along with the pump price in my fuel log.  When the transaction appears in my account (or by logging in to my bank) I calculate my true cost / gallon and how much I'd saved. 

- bob


TDS fuel card
willbo777

We have used the card at least 20 or more times this year.  You can find the best discounts on the app on your phone, there are big differences in where you go or what state to fuel in.  I take a picture on my phone after I pump and usually by the time we are pulling back out of the station, we can see on the transactions area of the app, exactly what we have paid.  Very convenient.  I, before this year primarily used Pilot/Flying J with the Good Sam card, but they aren't even close now.


TDS fuel card
Chuck B

You have a choice to purchase diesel fuel where you want.  There is always another station down the blvd.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor


TDS fuel card
Hypoxia

TSD has not been a good deal for us since mid-late summer, I don't know if their contracts changed or what happened.  I have used them frequently for the last 2 or 3 years.


TDS fuel card
willbo777
13 minutes ago, Hypoxia said:

TSD has not been a good deal for us since mid-late summer, I don't know if their contracts changed or what happened.  I have used them frequently for the last 2 or 3 years.

What has been better?  We have pumped over 2000 gallons of diesel this year and they are winning so far.  If there is something better I would love to know.  Thanks


TDS fuel card
Capt Mike

I don’t want to sound like a jerk, but you really should read the instructions and follow them to take advantage of the savings. Download the app, there are two of them, I like the original one and I can see what stations along my route offer the best price and I see my transaction details as soon as I’m climbing back into the RV.

Best of luck to you!


Wet bay heater question
Chuck Hefti

I'm pretty sure my Back Seat Heater Plus in the wet bay gave up the ghost because it won't come on via normal operating procedures. I tried using a jumper wire at the snap disc to check if the heater would come on and that didn't work. The switch on the left that controls heat and fan operation is really hard to move. When turning the thermostat knob I can hear a clicking noise which is the same noise I heard when bypassing the snap disc with a jumper wire. My question is does the same snap disc operate both the bay heater and the tank heating pads simultaneously? The on off switch inside at the control panel  comes on but not the light next to it. Considering using thermostatically controlled light bulbs. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!1715325198_20211012_1056353.thumb.jpg.bb890412d19a6d20f84f75c4aa78d63f.jpg1715325198_20211012_1056353.thumb.jpg.bb890412d19a6d20f84f75c4aa78d63f.jpg1715325198_20211012_1056353.thumb.jpg.bb890412d19a6d20f84f75c4aa78d63f.jpg

20211012_104414.jpg

20211012_104505.jpg

1 hour ago, Chuck Hefti said:

I'm pretty sure my Back Seat Heater Plus in the wet bay gave up the ghost because it won't come on via normal operating procedures. I tried using a jumper wire at the snap disc to check if the heater would come on and that didn't work. The switch on the left that controls heat and fan operation is really hard to move. When turning the thermostat knob I can hear a clicking noise which is the same noise I heard when bypassing the snap disc with a jumper wire. My question is does the same snap disc operate both the bay heater and the tank heating pads simultaneously? The on off switch inside at the control panel  comes on but not the light next to it. Considering using thermostatically controlled light bulbs. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!1715325198_20211012_1056353.thumb.jpg.bb890412d19a6d20f84f75c4aa78d63f.jpg1715325198_20211012_1056353.thumb.jpg.bb890412d19a6d20f84f75c4aa78d63f.jpg1715325198_20211012_1056353.thumb.jpg.bb890412d19a6d20f84f75c4aa78d63f.jpg

20211012_104414.jpg

20211012_104505.jpg

Sorry for the duplicate pics


TDS fuel card
KevinH

I have a TSD card I use about 50% of the time the other 50% of the time I use an app called mudflap. It’s basically the same thing as the TSD card but you don’t have to give them your checking account information unless you want to. If you go that route it’s only about a 1% savings so I don’t bother with the checking account I just let them run it through my credit card. I found out about mudflap when pumping gas I was next to a trucker and he showed me his app and how much he was paying for gas it was about $.10 cheaper than I was paying with the TSD card.  


TDS fuel card
Hypoxia
1 hour ago, willbo777 said:

What has been better?  We have pumped over 2000 gallons of diesel this year and they are winning so far.  If there is something better I would love to know.  Thanks

I'm way behind you with around 1300-1400 gallons this year.  Every state is different.  Right now TA/Petro in Eloy Arizona is $3.35 but I got it down the street a couple of days ago for $2.99 and then subtract 5% for the credit card.   In Gallup NM I went across the street from TA as that truck stop retail price was lower than TA TSD price.  I passed by TA Cheyenne & Laramie as another station was much lower price.  Earlier I found TA El Paso and Youngstown OH to be the best deal as well as a few other places we went to.


Creating the Toad
JDCrow
On 10/10/2021 at 7:41 AM, Flyinhy said:

It's gonna be another week or two before I can get tires. I'm gonna study IvyLogs suggestion of 11r a little longer.. After that I should be ready to take her on her maiden voyage. As far as towing things.....Driving a Kenworth with 40k of counterweight or a 90ton truck crane through smackdab downtown Atlanta on those small streets isn't too nerve-wracking after 20 years. 

Dude you’re a pro! Towing the toad as we speak and it’s a breeze 

Got a late start. Put on the front protector. Had 1 wire crossed in the tail lights (no pro light on one side)

What took the longest, the pins for the bumper connects on the blue ox. The were a. It snug, so pounded the pin in. Well, the pins are pretty soft metal and Mushroomed it. All my tools in the Bay of the Dip do had to haul them out and grind the pin. Had to go through and track down a file to grind out the bumper connects as the powder coat filled the hole to much for the pins. Once done, on the road. We are about 3-5 hours behind my time table, but 50 mph gusts here on the slat flat has me sitting in the rest area. 

2D1F12A0-B9C4-4CE0-8ED6-E77A7DB9520A.jpeg

01FD9A94-2FBD-4793-8752-4594D88A7422.jpeg

80C2F805-3EBA-4B22-A3C1-5D21B2266638.jpeg


Tire PSI Settings
waterskier_1

My Owners Manual goes into the calculations once you get the individual wheel weights.  You will need the Manufacturers Pressure chart for that specific tire.  There is no "general" tire pressure for everyone, since tires are different, and the weight each tire supports is different for each person's coach.

 


Wet bay heater question
Dr4Film

Chuck,

You can remove the extra photos by clicking on the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of your post and choose EDIT.

Then delete the the extra photos leaving the ones you want, then click on SAVE.

In regards to the heater, there may be a fuse inside the heater. Mine was DOA when I first bought the coach. It had been removed and it was sitting in one of the storage bays. Tossed it in the trash and installed a custom RoadPro heater using the same wiring but had to add one relay to replace the relay that was inside the old rusted bay heater.

Your System Heat switch consists of a switch and an adjacent indicator light. When you turn on the switch it activates the Tank Heater Pads and sends power to the snap disc. Once the temp drops to the snap disc setting the snap disc will close and send power to the relay which in turn activates the heater. When the disc closes the indicator light should light up.

I have attached a wiring diagram of the Bay Heater and Tank Bay Heating Pads.

Hope this helps.

Bay Heater.pdf


Looking for help! Again…
ok-rver

I spoke out of line. There have been a lot of post were an extend stay connection has been installed and many of those did not have solenoid valves located at the tank.  Therefore they would not have a solenoid switch.


TDS fuel card
Joelsheriff

Great info especially on the mudflap info.  I realize the mechanics of getting best price but I figured I'd get something and they were very convenient. I didn't expect zero discount.  I've been finding on my return trip cross country back to the left coast that it's wiser to shop gas buddy before hand the street had become more competitive since the steep increase in diesel. Thanks all 


Tire PSI Settings
Chargerman

The placard behind my drivers seat turned out to be very accurate for me. I bump the pressures 5lbs over what is recommended by weight. 


TDS fuel card
Ivylog

Haven’t bought fuel from Pilot/FlyJ in 13 years…ever since they became the same company. Maybe 1 in 10 fill ups I use the TSD card and have yet to use my $10 credit on Mudflap as I can find equal or better price using GassBudy plus additional 5% using my Sam’s credit card.

Probably 7 in 10 I fill up at Sam’s as they usually have a better price than TSD or Mudflap. Yes, it takes longer to fill and run my card 4 times, but I clean the windows and do a walk around temping all tires and bearings.

Like others, I take a picture of the pump when finished when using TSD…price has always been what the app showed it should be.


Funny heat pumps…
Pduggs

We just got back to the coach this evening after being gone all day, I turn on all three heat pumps and all three work perfectly. I hadn’t run them in several days as it’s been too warm. 
 

Weird things happen with a motorhome. 


Wet bay heater question
Chuck Hefti

Richard,                                                           Thank you for your reply!      Why and where did you install a relay? I'm electronically challenged so please bare with me.


Funny heat pumps…
96 EVO

Strange!

I have to say, (knock on wood), I've had no issues with any of my heating / cooling systems other than a start capacitor on my front HP.


TDS fuel card
Gary 05 AMB DST

I have the TCS card through FMCA. Haven't used it yet. Any comments?

Gary 05 AMB DST


TDS fuel card
Ron Jones

I've been using the TSD card for about two years. You DO NOT see the discount at the pump. I get an email from TSD (usually the next day) stating actual costs.

The one I attached is real. Hope this helps.

TSD Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 21.04.00.png


TDS fuel card
Gary M
24 minutes ago, Ron Jones said:

I've been using the TSD card for about two years. You DO NOT see the discount at the pump. I get an email from TSD (usually the next day) stating actual costs.

The one I attached is real. Hope this helps.

TSD Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 21.04.00.png

I agree with getting a receipt with my actual cost, but unless I write down what the pump price is, how do you know how much you are saving and like in my experience so far, I’ll pull into a TSD in group fuel stop advertised that I am heading to. Fuel up, pull out and low and behold right down the road a fuel stop out of the TSD group is selling at my discount price or lower. I guess I need to incorporate another fuel app to compare before I use the TSD fuel stop.

6 hours ago, Capt Mike said:

I don’t want to sound like a jerk, but you really should read the instructions and follow them to take advantage of the savings. Download the app, there are two of them, I like the original one and I can see what stations along my route offer the best price and I see my transaction details as soon as I’m climbing back into the RV.

Best of luck to you!

I cant find the second App. I have the money bag App. That would be great to not only see multiple prices ahead to fueling up.


Slideout adjustment
MHRookie

Anyone,

2003 Dynasty 42’ princess.  Living room slide won’t fully retract on bottom.  Lacks 3/4” front & back.  Is the adjustment the rods along the tubes below the slide OR… does anyone recommend anyone close to Arkansas (Northern area)?

thanks,

Kurt


TDS fuel card
Steve P
6 hours ago, Capt Mike said:

I don’t want to sound like a jerk, but you really should read the instructions and follow them to take advantage of the savings. Download the app, there are two of them, I like the original one and I can see what stations along my route offer the best price and I see my transaction details as soon as I’m climbing back into the RV.

Best of luck to you!

^^^^ What Mike said... the app is TSD Open Roads.  Plan your fuel stop before you hit the road top of your day using the map built into the app.  Save 30-80 cents off the pump price less well-documented fees.  Get an email and/or use the app to see the details.  Don't expect a blanket discount at just any truck stop you choose (TSD discounts only apply to stations shown that have the negotiated rate).  It's not a credit card... more like a debit card against a bank account that you designate.  It works.  It's real.  It saves money.  There's space to manuever a 50-60 foot plus rig (all stations are truck stops).  The pumps are fast flow.  What's not to like? 


TDS fuel card
cbr046
25 minutes ago, Steve P said:

 It works.  It's real.  It saves money.  There's space to manuever a 50-60 foot plus rig (all stations are truck stops).  The pumps are fast flow.  What's not to like? 

An attractive attendant bringing an ice cream to my rig after every fillup would be nice . . . .

- bob


Tire lifespan
Rikadoo
12 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Mike, mine are the Custom MCD covers which are no longer available. They slide into a groove on the edge of the wheel well. They are black and not sure if color makes any difference. What IS important is do NOT use the covers that go directly onto and over the tires. They may block the sun but they also transfer heat to the tire. They should be mounted on the wheel well or in front of the wheel well.

To all people reading this message, i hold what Richard has to say in highest of regaurd! His knowalge of our ageing fleet is impecable, just know, this time what may be the Difference of our opinions may be the distance between our Geographic locations.

Richard, though i listen an learn from the wisdom you share with all of us and i consider you to be a very informed source, this time i have to say, i dont agree. I live an travel out West, to say the least it gets HOT here! Also i know the sun on its hottest days can become excruciating! I Believe that yes, it can become (although untested) warm under the white tire covers, it is in NO WAY as hot as driving on black asphalt in the Az or Nv desert. So givin MY only other options is to park indoors or to remove the tires an keep them in a shaded an cool area which is not feasable and that MOST of us out west have to find an acceptable compromise, which is to use the white tire covers!

Again with all due respect, i feel that although the white covers may not look aesthetically pleasing, they do offer a level of protection that perhaps tire cover manufacturers could put a smigin of R&D to find a acceptable happy medium that fullfills both function an Aesthetics.

 

 


Creating the Toad
Rikadoo

Hey JD, so i saw you were in Winimuca, did you stay the night or just wait out the wind? So where you heading too? Damm the rig looks great paired with the Raptor, hows it pulling with all that wieght? The damm wind has been blowing steady for 2 days now here in the bay area. Did you ever put on a steering stabilizer on your MH? Drive safe & happy trails😎


To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...