Trucks that cause the most headaches….

JDCrow

This formula was very popular when we full timed for 10 years. 3x3 or 4x4 or 5x5. Leave at 9 and in by 3= 300Miles, leave by 8 and in by 4= 400 miles, leave by 7 and in by 5= 500 miles. Includes stops for what ever. I cruised at 61-62 MPH. Best sweet spot for Maximum MPG. ISX 525, 07 Executive.

zpfile001.jpg

43 minutes ago, dl_racing427 said:

Driving significantly below the prevailing traffic speed makes YOU a road hazard. 

As long as you're not exceeding your tires speed rating, you should drive with the flow of traffic, or slightly (2 to 5mph) below. I find that this speed minimizes how much I have to change lanes, while keeping me from impeding other drivers. 

I drive cars MUCH more than RV's, and many truckers and RVers are seriously selfish, and block traffic for miles when trying to pass each other. 🤬

I don't want to be that guy when driving my coach. 

I can’t drive that fast, that’s the point. My coach is not able to. I have the thread open in the suspension part of the forum 

Almost 50, kinda got the whole driving thing figured out 

Uggg, I kinda wanted this to be a fun thread about trucks and such. 

16 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

This formula was very popular when we full timed for 10 years. 3x3 or 4x4 or 5x5. Leave at 9 and in by 3= 300Miles, leave by 8 and in by 4= 400 miles, leave by 7 and in by 5= 500 miles. Includes stops for what ever. I cruised at 61-62 MPH. Best sweet spot for Maximum MPG. ISX 525, 07 Executive.

zpfile001.jpg

Pretty slick. My Dip isn’t as tech. GAIA app has great maps, for on/off-road and can track any route intake, Coach, truck, bike, foot. 

For those who are kinda curious. It’s a great app

4F6E1D87-2D03-4CEC-96A0-07AF44F02EFF.jpeg

FE33A68E-29DA-493F-B51B-531C0A7AD682.jpeg

Edited by JDCrow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BobSchmeck said:

All the signs I see says "speed limit " meaning maximum speed, not "speed minimum". That's why they also say slower traffic stay to the right.

If only they would 'stay to the right'...... and not initiate a pass on a hill, up or down, unless you have enough "wheaties" to do it (actually pass)...

• Like 1