Bathroom Lights and Vanity lights Time Out. 2006 Dynasty Diamond IV

IEMan 1

All of the lights in the bathroom and the toilet room only stay on 1 to 3 minutes and then shut off. It is definitely annoying especially if you're taking a shower and the lights go out. We just got this coach last week and trying to figure out how everything works. Are these lights made to do that? and if so, is there a way to adjust the time?

Thanks,

Dave (In the Dark)

Guest Ray Davis

Welcome Dave in the dark,  I like it,    No that's not normal.  I don't think mine does it but I turn the lights off to take a shower,  just kidding.               Is that the only lights that go off?   There is a similar problem with Monacos where a switch by the door controlling a relay will malfunction but that usually kills all the 12v lights.  The switch by the door is often referred to as the Salesman sw,   salesman can flip the sw when leaving the coach killing all the lights.  It's the relay/solenoid that usually malfunctions and most of us just bypass it, that solves the problem permanently

Edited by Ray Davis

Dave L,

Welcome to the most knowledgeable, helpful and best Monaco group on the Internet. You have come to the right place.

Your coach has what they call a Multiplex Electrical system which consists of multiplex modules and a multiplex computer/brain. I am definitely not a multiplex guru as my 02 Windsor has all standard type Carling Technology analog type switches. I am just beginning to learn about the multiplex system as I have recently committed to purchasing a 2006 Monaco Dynasty.

However, the most knowledgeable person that I know on multiplex systems is Frank McElroy who is also a member here. If he doesn't see this thread you may want to send him a private message seeking for his professional help. He will solve your problem so you will no longer be left "in the dark."

Safe travels!

Edited by Dr4Film

Agree it sounds like a multiplex problem BUT I didn’t think a Dynasty got the multiplex system until 07.

OP, do you have rocker switches or pads will buttons that light up when pressed?

Congrats on a great coach having owned a 04 Dynasty for 14 years.

Edited by Ivylog

Guest Ray Davis

Congratulations Richard,  06 Dynasty sounds great.  Parting with the Windsor will probably be like losing an old friend.   Y'all have been many miles together.  

Will it fit in your parking place?

Nope, it won't fit under the house even with the air bags deflated like I do the Windsor. The maximum height allowed to pass under the house is 11 feet 11 inches without causing any damage. Unfortunately, it is 2-3 inches too tall even with the old Penguin AC's. Bags deflated on the 06 Dynasty is 12 feet. My Windsor with new Penguin II's is 11 feet 9 inches with air bags dumped. That gives me 2 inches to spare. I will have to park it in the rear driveway in the meantime and use my 50 amp extension cord to reach the 50 amp RV outlet at the rear of my RV Port.

Maybe this will start me thinking about moving to a different house some year in the future eliminating having to climb stairs. In the meantime I will just have to deal with the situation. I just couldn't pass up this opportunity on the 2006 Dynasty solely because it won't fit into the RV Port at my house.

Guest Ray Davis
35 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I just couldn't pass up this opportunity on the 2006 Dynasty solely because it won't fit into the RV Port at my house

Yeah,  seems like not so great of an inconvenience when you consider just john stuck away from home with engine problems.

Hey,  just jack the house up,  that's what they did to most of Galveston way, way back in 1900 after the great hurricane.   😏

39 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Lower the floor or deflate the tires???

The floor is a 10 inch thick slab of concrete which I installed an 8 inch thick fiber reinforced extension to the rear end so the 40 foot coach would fit entirely on the concrete. I thought about the tires but then each time I want to use it I would have to inflate all 10 tires back to the cold inflation specs. Plus not sure if it's a very good idea of releasing that much air from the tires then backing up into the RV Port letting it sit with such deflated tires. Probably not to good for the sidewalls, etc. 

The deck height is 12 feet. The house ceiling height is 12 feet. There is a border between the deck and the ceiling which is 11 feet 11 inches. The Dynasty is 12 feet with deflated air bags. No way no how...

New one story house with a RV Port built off to the side works for me.

Dave, be very careful about messing with the multiplex system unless you have a computer back-up of the system. As was mentioned, Frank McElroy or M&M Electronics are your best places for help. I have a back-up of my multiplex system that Bill G put on a flash drive for me several years ago.

Richard, congratulations on the "new" coach, I am sure you will like it as well as I like my 07.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

Edited by redstickbill
left out info

Don’t mess with the DIP switches or you will really be in deep s***. One of the first things M&M recommended to me when my bath fan kept turning on and off was to get rid of all of the fluorescent ballasts. I converted mine over to LED. I ended up taking my Coach to them for another issue. They are the best and fixed me up in one day

Look at the multiplex modules and see which one lights up when that  light switch is turned on.  Once identified, if there is an empty position on that module you can move the wire to the empty position and see if it works.  If you have the same module in another position you can swap it for troubleshooting.  If you do that make sure to record any dip switch positions.

Intellitec MPX Output Module 00-00844-120.pdf