No House 12 volt

FishAR

Got the Camelot home from the shop and no 12 volt. I thought they had just let house batteries go dead so I plugged it in, charged overnight, shows full charge.

Inverter on, inverter remote panel showing full charge.

Microwave is lit up.

EMS panel is dark, plugged in to 30 amps.

None of the multiplex light switches work.

Refrigerator doesn't turn on.

Generator will not prime or crank, red light on switch doesn't light up.

Slides will not work. I can get to intellitec panel in closet with slides in, but can't get to main panel as bed slide hides it.

I have turned battery disconnect off and back on, no change. I have turned salesman switch off and back on, no change.

Reading up now getting info from manuals and such before I go out and dig into the electrical bay.

Looking for tips, thanks.

When I lost 12v power in my 01 Dynasty I found the relay that is controlled by the salesman switch was bad.  I replaced the solenoid and all systems came back on.  Others on this forum have jumpered around this solenoid to eliminate this problem. My solenoid is located in the curb side RRB. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

I would start by checking the solenoid ^^^^ and it may be in the Rear R Box. The refrigerator not powering up bothers me unless it’s not a residential… NoCold requires 12V power.

Edited by Ivylog
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

I would start by checking the solenoid ^^^^ and it may be in the Rear R Box. The refrigerator not powering up bothers me unless it’s not a residential… NoCold.

Refrigerator is dometic 1402

From what I've learned here and other places I'm going to go out and jumper the salesman switch solenoid in the front run bay, or at least test it.

Then test the house battery disconnect.

Funny this happens right after getting service.

I'll get the meter out and test all these.

I think the salesman switch relay is in the front roadside elec bay, not sure. I think the big one in the back curb bay is battery combiner, again not sure.

I DO know where the chassis battery disconnect is though, lol.

38 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Pretty sure since you may have a BigBoy relay, the solenoid is in there too, not up front.

I have a trombetta in the rear bay, here's pics of front and rear elec bays.

1117394708_frontelecbay.jpg.84873b96235eb1d0dc7c3f73f6cc0a62.jpg

rear

865787687_rearelecbay.jpg.4231fe999ef661c7d0a506e75357eb3c.jpg

I brought the wiring diagrams in from the coach, I'm going to study them before I start.

3 hours ago, Jeff H said:

I had a similar issue.  It was the relay in the front run bay.  Bottom left in your picture.  My picture is rotated 90 deg sorry .

20210813_090555.jpg.526fa2f13ab06a048dbc

Below is a picture is with the relay removed.

Inked20210813_103714_LI.jpg

Thank you! That is very helpful.

Mike - Glad you found this out.  I was going to say that I just discovered this last weekend that if I over-rotated my main battery disconnect just a bit past ON it would turn off all power.  Let me know where you get the disconnects, I'd like to replace as well.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bill R said:

Mike - Glad you found this out.  I was going to say that I just discovered this last weekend that if I over-rotated my main battery disconnect just a bit past ON it would turn off all power.  Let me know where you get the disconnects, I'd like to replace as well.

I found some on amazon that look just like what is on there now. $13.49 each. Bought 2 in case the chassis one quits.

Amazon.com: Nilight - 90015A Battery Switch 12-48V Waterproof Heavy Duty Battery Power Cut Master Switch Disconnect Isolator for Car Vehicle RV and Marine Boat (On/Off),2 Years Warranty : Automotive

I was going to go to town to Gander Outdoors but all they had was a blue sea and it was $50 plus. I figured I could wait 2 days. I've got both cables tied to the same post and the assembly wrapped in duct tape for now, plus I'm not taking the Monaco anywhere for a few days.