Splendide Washer

tmw188

This is my first rig with a clothes washer.  Will it drain back thru the low point drains for first step in winterizing. I noticed too there is no way to bring antifreeze up to the washer without adding to the fresh wtr tank. My other rig had a wtr htr bypass and a water pump inlet to draw antifreeze into and throughout the lines without introducing it into the tank. Adding to the washer itself really doesn’t prime the washers solenoid fill valves or pump.

No, washer will typically not drain to low drain. Washer has a pump to extract water from it and that must be winterized separately. On mine, I either add antifreeze to fresh tank, enough to flush it through the washer or disconnect hoses behind washer and then run washer with hoses stuck in antifreeze bottle. Keep in mind that when the washer cycles the antifreeze through it's pump it will dump water and antifreeze into your grey tank so you may need to add more antifreeze to your grey tank or drain it afterwards.

-jamie

I’ve done it a little differently than the above. I turn both water valves off and loosen the hoses, not removing. There should be a access panel in the back of the floor above the washer…hidden in the carpet.

Like the above, I put the antifreeze in the drum but start the wash cycle for a couple minutes  and then go to the spin for a couple minutes, as above.

I followed the instructions for my stacked splendide. Did not turn off anything. Put af in the drum and ran it according to the instructions. Unit spent all winter in unheated  storage. Today I started de winterizing.  All seems ok

16 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

I’ve done it a little differently than the above. I turn both water valves off and loosen the hoses, not removing. There should be a access panel in the back of the floor above the washer…hidden in the carpet.

Like the above, I put the antifreeze in the drum but start the wash cycle for a couple minutes  and then go to the spin for a couple minutes, as above.

That's my plan. Without loosening the hoses they wouldn’t drain back to the low point drains. I plan on adding the antifreeze to the washer as mentioned so not to have the need to put it in the tank because of not having a pump inlet hookup to draw it in.  

I followed the instructions in the Manual on Winterization.  It really is simple.  But how are you getting the antifreeze to everything else?  I insert mine at the input to the water pump, and then simply pump it to every water faucet and appliance in the coach.  I first remove any filters.  Then I do the cold water lines, and then the hot.  I have an Aquahot, and simply turn on the hot faucets until the pink antifreeze comes out.  Do this at every faucet, toilet, sink, shower, outside faucet and washer.  For the washer, the manual says to turn the water temp to HOT, set the dial to 3, turn on the washer and let it fill until the drum starts to move.  Then press STOP, advance to SPIN, and the press START to pump out the antifreeze.  When done, turn the temp to COLD, and repeat the process.  This insures that there is antifreeze in the lines, both hot and cold, to the washer, the washer pump, and the drains.  There is no need to dump antifreeze directly into the washer.  That would not get the lines to the washer filled, nor would it get the water out of the washer's water pump.  All it would do is fill the drain.

-Rick N.

13 minutes ago, waterskier_1 said:

I followed the instructions in the Manual on Winterization.  It really is simple.  But how are you getting the antifreeze to everything else?  I insert mine at the input to the water pump, and then simply pump it to every water faucet and appliance in the coach.  I first remove any filters.  Then I do the cold water lines, and then the hot.  I have an Aquahot, and simply turn on the hot faucets until the pink antifreeze comes out.  Do this at every faucet, toilet, sink, shower, outside faucet and washer.  For the washer, the manual says to turn the water temp to HOT, set the dial to 3, turn on the washer and let it fill until the drum starts to move.  Then press STOP, advance to SPIN, and the press START to pump out the antifreeze.  When done, turn the temp to COLD, and repeat the process.  This insures that there is antifreeze in the lines, both hot and cold, to the washer, the washer pump, and the drains.  There is no need to dump antifreeze directly into the washer.  That would not get the lines to the washer filled, nor would it get the water out of the washer's water pump.  All it would do is fill the drain.

-Rick N.

I’ll have to do that using the pump by itself. I’ll drain the strainer I’m probably just gonna use air because I won’t be around here very long just through December everything else will be drained thank you all for the help with the washer dryer combo my manual does not tell me how to winterize it but I understand the concept with everything else I’ve done with winterizing motorhomes through the years just never had the washer and never had a motorhome without a pump inlet to make priming the lines easy.

11 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Here is the manual that I have and use. Page 13 is the chapter on how to winterize.

Splendide 2000 Manual.pdf 650.17 kB · 8 downloads

Looking thru both of these manuals not much difference. Mine is a pamphlet style with a edition date of 1/31/2000 but no specific model referenced just Splendide Vented. 

10 hours ago, tmw188 said:

Looking thru both of these manuals not much difference. Mine is a pamphlet style with a edition date of 1/31/2000 but no specific model referenced just Splendide Vented. 

Here is another manual I have used to troubleshoot different situations with the Splendide 2000 that you and others may be interested in having in your arsenal. 

Splendide Train Manual.pdf

18 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Here is another manual I have used to troubleshoot different situations with the Splendide 2000 that you and others may be interested in having in your arsenal. 

Splendide Train Manual.pdf 1.92 MB · 2 downloads

Cool thanks, I need to try and organize some of these files on my phone. I struggle with that sometimes.

42 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

Cool thanks, I need to try and organize some of these files on my phone. I struggle with that sometimes.

Phones are for making and taking calls and using important apps. I have a Laptop and an external hard-drive for backups where all important information is stored.

Good luck using your phone as a computer. Hopefully you back up the data on your phone just in case your phone decides to take a dump.

Yeah your right about that. I have a laptop which can handle that a lot better fir sure, just isn’t always with me when I need it. When possible I sometimes email PDFs to myself so I can access them through my email on the phone.