Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/593-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Block Heater operation?
Dr4Film
Windsheild Replacement
William
Block Heater operation?
tmw188
Block Heater operation?
engine103
Windsheild Replacement
SteveC
Roadside Assistance Suggestions
RoadTripper2084
Chuck B 2004 Windsor
Windsheild Replacement
JOHN McCLURE
David Pratt
Block Heater operation?
tmw188
Another Auto Gen Start Thread
BigNick
Windsheild Replacement
Mike H
Windsheild Replacement
TerriD
No House 12 volt
FishAR
No House 12 volt
StephenW
No House 12 volt
Ivylog
No House 12 volt
FishAR
No House 12 volt
Ivylog
No House 12 volt
FishAR
Splendide Washer
tmw188
No House 12 volt
Ivylog
Splendide Washer
willbo777
Splendide Washer
OhReally
Splendide Washer
Ivylog
Splendide Washer
birdshill123
Splendide Washer
Corkman
Block Heater operation?
jacwjames
Splendide Washer
tmw188
No House 12 volt
FishAR
Checking Duct Work
jacwjames
Checking Duct Work
Chuck B 2004 Windsor
Leveling jack question
Larry Laursen
Checking Duct Work
jacwjames
Leveling jack question
inventor1949
jacwjames
Splendide Washer
waterskier_1
Splendide Washer
tmw188
Splendide Washer
waterskier_1
Splendide Washer
tmw188
Splendide Washer
tmw188
Ivylog

Block Heater operation?
Dr4Film

My Block Heater cord is also zip-tied and not plugged in as my coach has Aqua-Hot which includes a Motoraide Loop that goes from the engine into the Aqua-Hot. That is what I use to pre-warm the engine block on cold days before starting the engine by turning on the Engine Pre-Heat switch. When that switch is activated a pump in the Aqua-Hot pumps the warm coolant throughout the engine block.

Windsheild Replacement
William

Anyone have any preferred vendors that they can recommend? Looking for one piece windshield replacement here in the Titusville Fl area. Thanks guys

How to Block up a Signature 40 chassis for HWH servicing
Ivylog
10 hours ago, Pduggs said:

When you say 6x6 crossways, I can’t picture that. You mean 6x6 wooden posts cut to 40” lengths and positioned standing end to end upright under the hitch right?

No, they go side to side on top of each other for 18” (actually 16.5”) high.
The picture is the ramps I built out of scrap 2X10 and some plywood. 3’ long down to 25”. The plywood helps to keep the 2X10s from splitting.

Pduggs
2 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

No, hey go side to side on top of each other for 18” (actually 16.5”) high. 

Okay thanks, that makes more sense. Is that three 6x6 posts laid horizontally on top of each other under the hitch?  Is this in addition to rolling the drive and tag tires up on wooden ramps?

Ivylog

Guess you could block after driving onto ramps (no need for ramps for the tag) for even more clearance but with the rig raised up and the blocked there’s a fair amount of room plus in some places by the axle you can almost sit up. Problem with ramps you still need to lower the rig once on he ramps to see how much clearance you really have…about 5” less. 

HWH air leveling part #’s for pressure switches and solenoids for a 2002 Monaco Signature 40
planodp

I'm pretty sure that you have the same HWH system as mine. It's so much easier to remove the whole off the coach and rebuild it on a table. Leve all the connection on the solenoid and disconnect the canon plug on top, Label all air line. I'm sure that you took a lot of pictures.

If you replace the back up pump be aware the the power connector that plug into the compressor which is RED and BLACK. The back lead is NOT A GROUND. Both wire are hot. The black wire is powered by the house batteries.  

20210520_175354.jpg

20210515_065338.jpg

Block Heater operation?
tmw188

I will look for the cord it must there near the receptacle. I didn’t know there was a cord back there, but that seams to be the case. I’ll report back. 

Block Heater operation?
engine103

On mine, lifting the bed then the engine cover, it's to your right.

Windsheild Replacement
SteveC
2 hours ago, William said:

Anyone have any preferred vendors that they can recommend? Looking for one piece windshield replacement here in the Titusville Fl area. Thanks guys

William, when I had to replace my one-piece windshield on my 2000 Signature, my insurance company worked with Safelite. It took them a couple of days to have it shipped in. They couldn't come to my home to install, though. I first contacted one of those online companies that promises to work with your insurance company but their pricing was over the top (quoted over $5,000).

RoadTripper2084
22 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

I'm sure there are dissatisfied Coach Net customers that have good cause but I believe to a great extent it is the individuals outlook about life in general. 

Exactly this. I learned a long time ago that the secret to happiness was managed expectations. 🙂

I picked up a 3 year Good Sam subscription this year to go along with our coach. Neighbour recommended it. For me I knew Coach Net had a better reputation, but we are still just vacation and weekend road warriors so total miles isn't much and Good Sam provided everything I was looking for at half the cost (maybe less) of Coach Net. Unlimited miles towing when necessary, coverage for all my kids and their vehicles as well.

I fully recognize that should I ever need to use it that yeah, most likely my day is shot. Hopefully not my whole trip. It's a lifeline. The fact of the matter is that the quality of the experience is going to depend on the quality of the person they send out to help me. I also *know* I could get a faster response most times by cold calling a local service shop with an open wallet. But then I'd have to find a reputable local shop, and have a deep wallet. 

If I were spending months on the road every year, I'd go with Coach Net from what I've read about them.

Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Keep in mind you are dealing with an insurance product that should cover you if you need their service.  The amount of coverage and the response will be important if you need them.  The stress of breaking down on the side of the road, The fact of not being able to reach your destination adds to the stress.  Do not let the cost of the product over ride your decision.  Chuck

Windsheild Replacement
JOHN McCLURE

R V Glass in Coburg did mine a couple of days ago, great place, elect. hook-up, great job.  John McClure '02 Dip

Fault 111 Engine control module defective
whaley96raw

Thanks to all who replied. We intend to stop at Cummins in Oklahoma City to get the ECM recalibrated, hopefully. Will keep all posted on the results.

whaley96raw

David Pratt

You will need to have very low expectations if you have a Good Sam, AAA or most Insurance Policy's for Motor Coach Roadside Assistance.

It is not whether you spend a lot of time on the road traveling, Like any insurance Policy, not any of us want to have to use it, but when you do need help that it will be there and your money will be well spent.

After 20 years of RV'ing, being a Moderator and Owner of the Monacoers Group, Coach Net has the Highest Reputation by the majority of the members in this group.

Everyone's opinion and taste will vary as to what service you should purchase and the level of that service that you are are comfortable with. I would rather pay a little more based on a company's reputation and customer service than  another company's low price. You will get what you paid for.

I have a sign posted in my shop for all my customers to see. It reads: "The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten"

Need installation instructions for installing new seals in Magnum Opus 3110
VLG007

I have a magnum opus toilet that operates OK but has developed a water hammer type noise when the ball closes. Anyone have an idea as to what may be causing the "clapping" noise?

HWH air leveling part #’s for pressure switches and solenoids for a 2002 Monaco Signature 40
jjroxus

Duey,

Thanks for the photos.  The components on your manifold look similar to mine. I think they are the same parts.

Before I try to take the manifolds off the coach I tested all the connections.  My rear manifolds are pretty corroded and I am concerned about being able to remove the solenoids.    How do you remove the solenoids?  When removing the pressure switches do they just unscrew from the manifold?

I disconnected the connectors for the solenoids and pressure switches one at a time and checked them with an ohm meter.  Both rear manifolds only have  solenoids-no pressure switches.  They all had 15 ohms reading, so I am assuming that means they are ok?  On the front manifold the solenoids check out at a little over 14 ohms.  I assume that means they are ok.  However one of the two 20lb pressure switches on the front manifold showed an open connection and the other showed it was shorted.  Does that mean they are both bad?  I had the air dumped from the system when I was testing.

I need to replace the Aux compressor.  Is the one in your photo the Viair 450C?

Here’s a couple of photos of the rear and front manifolds and my old Aux compressor.

Thanks,

JJ

BBF8C41C-31AC-4ACA-85E7-7677C7BAA5B4.jpeg

E72BF884-60B6-415A-9526-335AAC9E13E5.jpeg

D609F95A-E74A-4F35-81EF-D816B2744919.jpeg

Need installation instructions for installing new seals in Magnum Opus 3110
Dr4Film

I get that water pipe "hammering' ocassionally if the water lines are not completely full and under pressure or if I let the fresh water tank get too low in level.

Fault 111 Engine control module defective
Hypoxia
36 minutes ago, whaley96raw said:

Thanks to all who replied. We intend to stop at Cummins in Oklahoma City to get the ECM recalibrated, hopefully. Will keep all posted on the results.

whaley96raw

Keep in mind Cummins will not know the settings for your ECM, hopefully they can copy the settings from yours.  If they can, be sure to ask for a copy of the ECM ISO file.  They can email it to you.  Keep that copy safe in case you ever have another ECM problem.  Cummins has no idea of your differential ratio, speed sensor location etc., etc. many pages of information required to duplicate what you have.  They can also give you a printed copy of the settings which is excellent but be sure to get the ISO file!  Cummins Insite will automatically copy the file as soon as they hook it up to your ECM.

If they cannot recover your ECM settings your choices may be a dealer who worked on your engine,  the Rev Group, Monaco or Cummins service in Elkhart or where ever the coach was made or from another owner with the same configuration as your coach.  The local Cummins dealer near the factory did the programming for Monaco.  I was saved by another owner as Coburg Rev and Coburg Cummins did not have it.

Block Heater operation?
tmw188

OK after looking I found the plug for the block heater, I never had the notion to go look for that until I posted about it. It was easy to it find zip tied near the receptacle. I did check its operation and it is operating.  I do not have to have the key on accessory mode just the breaker in the breaker panel and the rocker switch on the drivers console. It was pulling 8-9amps. I’ll look up the suggested temps and length of activation for when to use this. 

5A567790-9A80-454D-98B9-351405AA410D.jpeg

BigNick

There's a 10kw Onan HDCAA, a Xantrex Freedom 3012 with the SCP. I've looked around the coach and I don't see anything there as far as AGS. Does anyone have a recommendation for a AGS system?  It looks like Xantrex sells one that compatible with Onan at a fairly inexpensive price. 

Thanks in advance...

Windsheild Replacement
Mike H

The only place I can think of is Giant Recreation World in Palm Bay.  I wouldn't deal with anyone in Titusville.  The only other place you might try is the place on US-1 in Cocoa just north of 528.  I think it's called Coastal RV.

Windsheild Replacement
TerriD

William, I always use Safelite for windshield repairs. I am getting mine done this week but I’m currently in the Tupelo, MS area. I have Progressive insurance and they directed me to Safelite’s RV windshield service. Great response and they find the vendor for you. Good luck!

No House 12 volt
FishAR

Got the Camelot home from the shop and no 12 volt. I thought they had just let house batteries go dead so I plugged it in, charged overnight, shows full charge.

Inverter on, inverter remote panel showing full charge.

Microwave is lit up.

EMS panel is dark, plugged in to 30 amps.

None of the multiplex light switches work.

Refrigerator doesn't turn on.

Generator will not prime or crank, red light on switch doesn't light up.

Slides will not work. I can get to intellitec panel in closet with slides in, but can't get to main panel as bed slide hides it.

I have turned battery disconnect off and back on, no change. I have turned salesman switch off and back on, no change.

Reading up now getting info from manuals and such before I go out and dig into the electrical bay.

Looking for tips, thanks.

No House 12 volt
StephenW

When I lost 12v power in my 01 Dynasty I found the relay that is controlled by the salesman switch was bad.  I replaced the solenoid and all systems came back on.  Others on this forum have jumpered around this solenoid to eliminate this problem. My solenoid is located in the curb side RRB. I hope this helps.

No House 12 volt
Ivylog

I would start by checking the solenoid ^^^^ and it may be in the Rear R Box. The refrigerator not powering up bothers me unless it’s not a residential… NoCold requires 12V power.

No House 12 volt
FishAR
4 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

I would start by checking the solenoid ^^^^ and it may be in the Rear R Box. The refrigerator not powering up bothers me unless it’s not a residential… NoCold.

Refrigerator is dometic 1402

From what I've learned here and other places I'm going to go out and jumper the salesman switch solenoid in the front run bay, or at least test it.

Then test the house battery disconnect.

Funny this happens right after getting service.

No House 12 volt
Ivylog

There may be several solenoids that look the same. A 12V test light or meter will help in the troubleshooting.

A 1402 needs 12V power for the control board.

No House 12 volt
FishAR

I'll get the meter out and test all these.

I think the salesman switch relay is in the front roadside elec bay, not sure. I think the big one in the back curb bay is battery combiner, again not sure.

I DO know where the chassis battery disconnect is though, lol.

Splendide Washer
tmw188

This is my first rig with a clothes washer.  Will it drain back thru the low point drains for first step in winterizing. I noticed too there is no way to bring antifreeze up to the washer without adding to the fresh wtr tank. My other rig had a wtr htr bypass and a water pump inlet to draw antifreeze into and throughout the lines without introducing it into the tank. Adding to the washer itself really doesn’t prime the washers solenoid fill valves or pump.

No House 12 volt
Ivylog

Pretty sure since you may have a BigBoy relay, the solenoid is in there too, not up front.

Splendide Washer
willbo777

You don't say which model you have but for the 2100XC, here are the winterization instructions:

Splendide Winterization.pdf

Splendide Washer
OhReally

No, washer will typically not drain to low drain. Washer has a pump to extract water from it and that must be winterized separately. On mine, I either add antifreeze to fresh tank, enough to flush it through the washer or disconnect hoses behind washer and then run washer with hoses stuck in antifreeze bottle. Keep in mind that when the washer cycles the antifreeze through it's pump it will dump water and antifreeze into your grey tank so you may need to add more antifreeze to your grey tank or drain it afterwards.

-jamie

Splendide Washer
Ivylog

I’ve done it a little differently than the above. I turn both water valves off and loosen the hoses, not removing. There should be a access panel in the back of the floor above the washer…hidden in the carpet.

Like the above, I put the antifreeze in the drum but start the wash cycle for a couple minutes  and then go to the spin for a couple minutes, as above.

Splendide Washer
birdshill123

I followed the instructions for my stacked splendide. Did not turn off anything. Put af in the drum and ran it according to the instructions. Unit spent all winter in unheated  storage. Today I started de winterizing.  All seems ok

Splendide Washer
Corkman

I would not put RV  antifreeze in it, it ruined the water pump in my Splendid.

Block Heater operation?
jacwjames

Well there you go, glad you figured it out. 

FWIW. I've never used mine.  Coldest I ever tried to start it was in Northern Wisconsin, this was right after a winter storm came through in late March and there was a lot of snow every where.  And worse, I stopped overnight at a Walmart and there were +10' snow banks all around the parking lot, it was like being in a deep freeze.  But the next morning the engine started right up. 

Splendide Washer
tmw188
16 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

I’ve done it a little differently than the above. I turn both water valves off and loosen the hoses, not removing. There should be a access panel in the back of the floor above the washer…hidden in the carpet.

Like the above, I put the antifreeze in the drum but start the wash cycle for a couple minutes  and then go to the spin for a couple minutes, as above.

That's my plan. Without loosening the hoses they wouldn’t drain back to the low point drains. I plan on adding the antifreeze to the washer as mentioned so not to have the need to put it in the tank because of not having a pump inlet hookup to draw it in.  

No House 12 volt
FishAR
38 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Pretty sure since you may have a BigBoy relay, the solenoid is in there too, not up front.

I have a trombetta in the rear bay, here's pics of front and rear elec bays.

1117394708_frontelecbay.jpg.84873b96235eb1d0dc7c3f73f6cc0a62.jpg

rear

865787687_rearelecbay.jpg.4231fe999ef661c7d0a506e75357eb3c.jpg

I brought the wiring diagrams in from the coach, I'm going to study them before I start.

Checking Duct Work
jacwjames

Just a heads up on the quality of the installation of the duct work in my coach.

Since I'm installing new AC's I decided inspect the duct work using a small inspection camera.  Worked great.

When I was inspecting the duct going toward the back from the front AC I crossed over a gap in the duct.  What the heck.  So I did multiple passes and it appeared like the gap was all the way around.  It was ~15 inches back from an existing duct but there was no way for me or my wife to reach it through the duct. 

So after sleeping on it I came to the conclusion to just add a duct at the joint.  I decided to move the front duct to this location and then installed a larger duct right above the driver and passenger seat, figured it would be better to have more air there if we were running the AC while driving.   The new duct it in front of the refrigerator about midway in the coach. 

I used a side grinder and blade to cut through the first layer of ceiling material and plywood.  After cutting the proper size hole I used a chisel to to prior the foam board from the top layer of plywood.  I then used a combination of grinder and hole saw to cut a hole all the way through into the duct.  Attached is a picture of the gap, about 1/2" all the way around, there was not tape on the outside that I could see.   So with the access of the new duct hole I used foil duct tape to close up the gap and and alone the duct opening.  Wonder how much cold air I've lost over the years????

The other issue I saw was that both the front and rear duct extended past the duct opening.  Not the best design since it results in a lot of turbulence and noise.  So since I was installing a larger vent up front I took the opportunity to fashion a 45 degree turn by using a piece of foam block that I had.  Cut a long triangle shaped piece of styrofoam and positioned it flush with where the duct opening was and used foil tape to secure it in place and seal the then of the duct.  Now as the forced air goes down the duct it is diverted down into the opening via the 45 degree bend.  Did the same thing at the back. 

So it might pay to check your ducting. 

Duct Gap.jpg

Checking Duct Work
Chuck B 2004 Windsor

You might want to check where the air leaves the air conditioner going to the duct on each side that runs the full length of the coach.  Mine was blocked around 40% because the opening was partially blocked.  Chuck

Leveling jack question
Larry Laursen
17 hours ago, inventor1949 said:

No no I don't have a retracting problem I have a problem of one stay pout

I think this post is starting to get complicated 

In summery I have 3 jacks two of them are holding and never lost holding however one never hold and always have to raise every 12 hours

what I have done/test so far.

I have removed the manual valve clean and tightened visual check for leaks and their non.

It is leaking back through the electric valve into the tank.  Thus, you won't see any leak.  The valve needs to be taken apart and cleaned or replaced.  Not sure what brand of jacks you have.  Probably have RVA jacks Monaco was using them in the late 90's  

You can get information here RVA Jacks, RVA Leveling, RVA Jack, RVA Parts, Monaco Leveling Jacks, RVA Jacks Troubleshooting

Here is the RVA page for trouble shooting settling

Symptom: Coach settles on one or more corners after leveling. (rvajack.com)

Checking Duct Work
jacwjames

I checked the entire length of ducting and am fixing any issues. 

Last year I actually installed new gaskets in both AC's.  At some point the rear AC had been removed but when they reinstalled the just set it down on the duct with the slip joint pushing down on the duct and not seal.  Cut the opening from underneath and reposition the slip joint and resealed everything. 

Leveling jack question
inventor1949
6 minutes ago, Larry Laursen said:

It is leaking back through the electric valve into the tank.  Thus, you won't see any leak.  The valve needs to be taken apart and cleaned or replaced.  Not sure what brand of jacks you have.  Probably have RVA jacks Monaco was using them in the late 90's  

You can get information here RVA Jacks, RVA Leveling, RVA Jack, RVA Parts, Monaco Leveling Jacks, RVA Jacks Troubleshooting

thanks that sounds good to me and rimes with what I see, here is e picture of the pump but Monaco dint make it easy to access so how do I get to it?

20211101_135854.jpg

20211101_140120.jpg

Here the rest of the pictures

20211101_142649.jpg

20211101_142748.jpg

jacwjames

On my Xantrex 2012 I have AGS functions in the display itself but it is only for voltage.  Have you gone through the manual and display. 

I believe you have to add a component if you want temperature AGS function.

Splendide Washer
waterskier_1

I followed the instructions in the Manual on Winterization.  It really is simple.  But how are you getting the antifreeze to everything else?  I insert mine at the input to the water pump, and then simply pump it to every water faucet and appliance in the coach.  I first remove any filters.  Then I do the cold water lines, and then the hot.  I have an Aquahot, and simply turn on the hot faucets until the pink antifreeze comes out.  Do this at every faucet, toilet, sink, shower, outside faucet and washer.  For the washer, the manual says to turn the water temp to HOT, set the dial to 3, turn on the washer and let it fill until the drum starts to move.  Then press STOP, advance to SPIN, and the press START to pump out the antifreeze.  When done, turn the temp to COLD, and repeat the process.  This insures that there is antifreeze in the lines, both hot and cold, to the washer, the washer pump, and the drains.  There is no need to dump antifreeze directly into the washer.  That would not get the lines to the washer filled, nor would it get the water out of the washer's water pump.  All it would do is fill the drain.

-Rick N.

Splendide Washer
tmw188
13 minutes ago, waterskier_1 said:

I followed the instructions in the Manual on Winterization.  It really is simple.  But how are you getting the antifreeze to everything else?  I insert mine at the input to the water pump, and then simply pump it to every water faucet and appliance in the coach.  I first remove any filters.  Then I do the cold water lines, and then the hot.  I have an Aquahot, and simply turn on the hot faucets until the pink antifreeze comes out.  Do this at every faucet, toilet, sink, shower, outside faucet and washer.  For the washer, the manual says to turn the water temp to HOT, set the dial to 3, turn on the washer and let it fill until the drum starts to move.  Then press STOP, advance to SPIN, and the press START to pump out the antifreeze.  When done, turn the temp to COLD, and repeat the process.  This insures that there is antifreeze in the lines, both hot and cold, to the washer, the washer pump, and the drains.  There is no need to dump antifreeze directly into the washer.  That would not get the lines to the washer filled, nor would it get the water out of the washer's water pump.  All it would do is fill the drain.

-Rick N.

I’ll have to do that using the pump by itself. I’ll drain the strainer I’m probably just gonna use air because I won’t be around here very long just through December everything else will be drained thank you all for the help with the washer dryer combo my manual does not tell me how to winterize it but I understand the concept with everything else I’ve done with winterizing motorhomes through the years just never had the washer and never had a motorhome without a pump inlet to make priming the lines easy.

Splendide Washer
waterskier_1

This is what I use for the water pump

Caution:  If you have an Aquahot, you can not adequately remove all the water using air - replacement/repair is ~$6,000.  

Splendide Washer
tmw188
34 minutes ago, waterskier_1 said:

This is what I use for the water pump

Caution:  If you have an Aquahot, you can not adequately remove all the water using air - replacement/repair is ~$6,000.  

I don’t have an AH, but appreciate the info in case I did. 

Splendide Washer
tmw188
2 hours ago, willbo777 said:

You don't say which model you have but for the 2100XC, here are the winterization instructions:

Splendide Winterization.pdf 38.02 kB · 7 downloads

Splendide 2000 old unit. Odd my manual says nothing about winterization that I’ve seen. 

Ivylog

My O4 Dynasty has it and the unit is mounted on the ceiling of the bay with the inverter.

Need help for continuing to modify Suspension
JDCrow

Just picked up from the alignment shop. Brought the toe in slightly. They claimed my front end caster cannot be adjusted? 

I asked them to raise the ride height. I did a quick, But not level measurement before we left Grand Canyon and it appeared to be about 1” low in front and 1 1/2-2” low in the back. I don’t think them knew exactly what they were doing and just pushed the rods up a “half inch” and said they were topped out. 

I did another quick measurement at the park at staying at and again it’s not level but it appears to be closer to where it needs to be. The tec must have never seen a safety steer as he claimed I had a bad tired causing the pull. Tires are new with 1000 miles on them or so. 

Anyway, it drove better on I-40 through town, I bumped the safety steer and will see tomorrow as we head north if we have improved 

Dr4Film
2 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

They claimed my front end caster cannot be adjusted?

I asked them to raise the ride height. I did a quick, But not level measurement before we left Grand Canyon and it appeared to be about 1” low in front and 1 1/2-2” low in the back. I don’t think them knew exactly what they were doing and just pushed the rods up a “half inch” and said they were topped out.

As Van stated earlier the front axle would need to be bent to adjust caster. If they are not equipped to do that then they are using the excuse above.

Once ride height is adjusted correctly, you should be able to take the coach to a level parking lot and measure from the ground to the bottom of the belt-line directly in the middle of each tire/wheel. Those measurements should be close and the coach should look level.

JDCrow
1 minute ago, Dr4Film said:

As Van stated earlier the front axle would need to be bent to adjust caster. If they are not equipped to do that then they are using the excuse above.

Once ride height is adjusted correctly, you should be able to take the coach to a level parking lot and measure from the ground to the bottom of the belt-line directly in the middle of each tire/wheel. Those measurements should be close and the coach should look level.

Ok I’ll fuel up in the morn and that should be a level pad. 

I was measuring the dimensions from the manual, 9.5 front and 11.5 rear from top of H frame to bottom of frame rail. 

Battery Desulfurization
Jdw12345

Well, the reason I asked was that a new to us 05 Dynasty has 7 year old 4 Fullriver DC250 6V house batteries, I was just wondering if the PO was just sold a product that really worked and if I should keep them on the batteries. I’m questioning if I should just replace the batteries or just see how far they will go. I’m somewhat confused as the battery condition seems to drop while going down the road and then when we would stop the battery condition would actually get better…..  I’m quite sure my Big Boy is not working correctly while rolling down the road, so I’m going to service that this winter while at home, the chassis batteries need to be on a stand along charger/maintainer when the coach is on shore power.  

Thanks for everyone’s advice!

Cubflyer
19 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

They claimed my front end caster cannot be adjusted? 

Caster is the fore and aft tilt of the kingpins.... angle is built into the axle mounting pads, it's relationship to the ground can only change by changing it's mounting to the "H" frame... so it could be adjusted, without bending things..... not sure why they would say it's not adjustable, it just should not need to be adjusted... 

Did they give you and specifications? Or what the caster and camber angles were?... sure they adjusted the toe, but to what?? What was it and what is it now...? 

When you are trying to troubleshoot something it's good to have data... but they probably did not give you any..

Traction contol Light stays on (ATC, ABS)
nvrtoofast

Short story:

Went by Cummins for a checkup. They did a thorough Inspection. Part of the inspection they ran the coach on the Dyno. The ABS and ATC lights came on. As you would expect since the front wheels stay put while the rears are going strong. The Cummins rep said that normally the lights go off after 100 or so miles. I've seen this logic stated on the web multiple times (Sometimes only a few miles). It seems strong advice. However, I've traveled more than 2K+ miles now and the lights remain on. I'm not daring enough to push the abs to engage so I don't know if it is working or not.

I want to know how to get the lights to turn off and get my dash back to normal. P.S. no other elements on the braking were touched during the PM. They should be off by now.

Help? Thoughts?

2006 Monaco Camelot. I believe it has the 400 hp Cummins (Though I don't think that makes a difference).

Ivan K

The only trouble I know that needs a distance of driving is a wheel sensor trouble that is no longer existing. 100 miles? More like 100 yards, with my system.  If they read the codes, they would know and tell you exactly what's causing the light. Find a shop that can do it or see where your diagnostic button is. Depending on manufacturer, it will give a specific sequence of blinks indicating specific trouble. After 2k miles it is pretty safe to say that there is a persistent problem. Most likely a wheel sensor out of position or it's lead torn up but can be number of other reasons. Trying to get the ABS to kick in takes some serious braking power and I don't like things flying around.

nvrtoofast

i know where the Diagnostic button is but don't know how to use it. Will have to look that one up. Good idea.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.