Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/594-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

No House 12 volt
Jeff H
Leveling jack question
veraken
Inspection Camera
Steven P
Windshield Replacement
Rob M cKeown
Windshield Replacement
Dr4Film
Splendide Washer
Dr4Film
Another Auto Gen Start Thread
Dr4Film
Windshield Replacement
USMC E-5
No House 12 volt
FishAR
Traction contol Light stays on (ATC, ABS)
Chuck B 2004 Windsor
Chinese exhaust manifold
mike_fluharty
Checking Duct Work
trailmug
Leveling jack question
inventor1949
BigNick
Chinese exhaust manifold
Hypoxia
Refrigerator power ??
BigNick
StephenW
Checking Duct Work
jacwjames
Chinese exhaust manifold
jacwjames
Refrigerator power ??
Gary M
Refrigerator power ??
BigNick
Refrigerator power ??
Frank Bergamo
Refrigerator power ??
59Chriscraft
Refrigerator power ??
Gary M
Wireless HDMI adapters
waterskier_1
Refrigerator power ??
Chuck B 2004 Windsor
Refrigerator power ??
Gary M
Inspection Camera
Corkman
Windshield Replacement
top flight
Refrigerator power ??
Dr4Film
Inspection Camera
Michael Powell
Refrigerator power ??
BigNick
No House 12 volt
FishAR

Ivan K

The only trouble I know that needs a distance of driving is a wheel sensor trouble that is no longer existing. 100 miles? More like 100 yards, with my system.  If they read the codes, they would know and tell you exactly what's causing the light. Find a shop that can do it or see where your diagnostic button is. Depending on manufacturer, it will give a specific sequence of blinks indicating specific trouble. After 2k miles it is pretty safe to say that there is a persistent problem. Most likely a wheel sensor out of position or it's lead torn up but can be number of other reasons. Trying to get the ABS to kick in takes some serious braking power and I don't like things flying around.

nvrtoofast

i know where the Diagnostic button is but don't know how to use it. Will have to look that one up. Good idea.

No House 12 volt
Jeff H

I had a similar issue.  It was the relay in the front run bay.  Bottom left in your picture.  My picture is rotated 90 deg sorry .

20210813_090555.jpg.526fa2f13ab06a048dbc

Below is a picture is with the relay removed.

Inked20210813_103714_LI.jpg

HWH air leveling part #’s for pressure switches and solenoids for a 2002 Monaco Signature 40
planodp

Here is a good site for more information.

Complete disassemble and install http://www.allthingsforetravel.com/?s=hwh+air+level

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/2004-hwh-six-pack-air-leak-fix-527839.html

You do not need to remove the solenoid to replace the pressure switch. Are the solenoid leaking some air? If you're going to reseal the solenoid, make sure you replace all 3 O-rings.

From Paul Whittle, This is the wrench you need to take the solenoids apart to get to the inner o-ring.

Newco 202079 Spanner Nut Wrench https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PCOBCE..._-TgNBbHXBBKW6

Amazon is out of stock https://discountcoffeeequipment.com/repair-parts-c-19/newco-c-19_59/newco-202079-spanner-nut-wrench-p-39757.html

image.png.4972ca8d5057be55533fda512a6f95d1.png

image.png.db559bf105c9a1e3e675d082cc11d1d5.png

Yes, the backup pump is Viair 450C https://www.viaircorp.com/ig-series/450c-ig 

I used viair pressures switch w/relay 90 PSI on and 120 PSI off. I notice my pump will try to keep the air tank air up to 120 PSI. I don't think that it suppose to do that. I still need to figure that one out. Your pump mount in the same location as my and when the pump run in the middle of the night it'll make you want to get up and turn it off. So I put in a 30 amps house light switch with a outdoor weather box to turn it off manually. Make sure that you wire the pump up correctly, if not you'll have a big big headache with the HWH controller box . The coach will do thing that you don't want it to do! Don't ask how I know it kind of embarrassing.

Let me know if you need more reading material. LOL

image.png.63d2750fc680a48374039dc853f7c5cd.png

Level Sys Troubleshoting ml31043.pdf Leveling System HWH2000_owners.pdf

Leveling jack question
veraken

Assuming you have HWH jacks, contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped others on this forum and I am sure he can help you.

Convert Batwing antenna to hold a wifi/ cellular antenna.
Pduggs

I can attest to Bob’s comments on the Ubiquity dish. He helped me get mine set up earlier this year. It is a fantastic little piece of technology, but does require some tech savvy to get set up right. We’ve used it to great success. We can stream video on the TV, while using a iPad, laptop, and cell phone. I set up a wireless router to the dish and can wirelessly access WiFi throughout the coach and just outside the coach. 

I’ve found that if a park offers WiFi, it often is not strong enough to stream video just using the tv to access the signal. Or in the evenings it drops out as too many are trying to use it. With the dish, it boosts the park WiFi signal allowing us to be able to stream video 24/7. 

Need help for continuing to modify Suspension
Dr4Film

Here is a great explanation of solid axle alignment.

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/0902sr-science-of-straight-axles/

Inspection Camera
Steven P

Jim, I guess that's both good and bad. Good that you found the holes but bad bc if you're like me, it'll drive you crazy til you fix those holes.  I wouldn't know where to begin in lowering the ceiling to get access.  Keep us posted though. 

Windshield Replacement
Rob M cKeown

Darren Thomas Glass in Sebring FL, did a good job on my 03 Signature

Changing out Norcold to Fisher Paykel residential
Steven P

@biloxi_dadwho did your work?  If I remember right, you were looking around the MS, AL gulf coast?  Would you recommend them?  Thanks. 

Windshield Replacement
Dr4Film

I had mine done by RV GLass Solutions by Coach Glass in Lakeland Florida.

As far as I am concerned they are the best.

Splendide Washer
Dr4Film
14 hours ago, tmw188 said:

Splendide 2000 old unit. Odd my manual says nothing about winterization that I’ve seen. 

Here is the manual that I have and use. Page 13 is the chapter on how to winterize.

Splendide 2000 Manual.pdf

Dr4Film

My Trace/Xantrex RV-2012 Inverter/Charger came with a remote RC7-GS Panel in a cabinet up front.

You can program the RC7-GS to auto-start based on SOC of house batteries.

Click image for larger version  Name: Xantrex rc-gs-remote.jpg Views: 416 Size: 31.4 KB ID: 40695

Windshield Replacement
USMC E-5

William,just had mine replaced 2008Camelot 1pc by Chip's auto glass from Pt. St. Lucie Fl. Came right to my location 4guys 1 hr. all done.Request your location when ordering .They ask for photos and ID #lower left corner. Highly recommend Chips even loaded my new frig for a tip,and took out old one.

Dr4Film

Steve, if my memory serves me correctly he went to the shop where I had my Samsung fridge installed back in 2012.

It is called Billy Thibodeaux's RV in Scott LA

https://billyt.com/

They do a great job and very professional.

They are adamant about changing out the NotSoCold to a residential as many years ago they had a coach in for service and the fridge caught fire while at their shop.

https://billyt.com/residential-refrigerator-conversions/

No House 12 volt
FishAR
3 hours ago, Jeff H said:

I had a similar issue.  It was the relay in the front run bay.  Bottom left in your picture.  My picture is rotated 90 deg sorry .

20210813_090555.jpg.526fa2f13ab06a048dbc

Below is a picture is with the relay removed.

Inked20210813_103714_LI.jpg

Thank you! That is very helpful.

cbr046

I don't want to know the cost . . . . . 😵

Actually, I do.  Looks like the F-P is $2400, but the cost for a shop to do all the modifications . . . .

- bob

Ivylog

$2400…I installed a 21 cuft Whirlpool ($450 scratch & dent) in my 04 Dynasty and it almost fit perfectly …1/2” to tall. Lowered the floor 3/4” and had to remove the driver’s window as it’s no counter depth. Created a separate batteries- 1000W inverter-100A charger-transfer switch to power it. Today they make it in a side by side for $1300.

Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Check the adjustment on the wheel sensors.  They are easy to move toward the ring sensor or away from it.  

Chinese exhaust manifold
mike_fluharty

Well it was interesting, after finding a 3rd iteration of the part number, it showed up in Cummins’ distribution centers, but non-sellable. The kit that included both pieces of manifold, gaskets, bolts and spacers showed no availability. My local Cummins dealer ordered both, the non-sellable and the kit to see what would happen. I told him they could just give me the non-sellable part to relieve inventory.  That was on a Thursday, following Monday I received a call, new kit had arrived for me, with 10% vet discount and the new parts it included I only paid about $200 more than the Chinese parts, worth it to me

thanks to all that replied to my original post. 

How to Block up a Signature 40 chassis for HWH servicing
Bob Blackmon

Is anyone using something portable, fulltime portable, to block the frame?

Checking Duct Work
trailmug

Our front vent coughs out a piece of fiberglass batt every once in a while.. I'm afraid to look. 😅

Leveling jack question
inventor1949

Thank you I will get in touch with Paul

BigNick

I've looked at the inverter closely and haven't seen anything but, I will look again. The Xantrex SCP is above the door and nothing there other then the control for the awning.

Chinese exhaust manifold
Hypoxia
29 minutes ago, mike_fluharty said:

10% vet discount

That got my attention!  I wonder if all Cummins dealers offer that?

Refrigerator power ??
BigNick

A residential refridgerator has been installed. Works great but, I have to be on shore power or genset running to power it. I've gone to inverter power and verified both  plugs won't power up, they power fine otherwise. Any ideas?

StephenW

On my 01 Dynasty I also have a RC7GS like the one Richard Smith posted a picture of but in my case the control is located in the rear upper cabinets near the breaker panels.

Checking Duct Work
jacwjames

I was afraid also as I knew I'd see problems.  Fortunately all were fixable and I probably gained the equivalent of one full duct work of air. 

I was shocked at the gap in the duct work, wasn't expecting that. 

Chinese exhaust manifold
jacwjames

Silly question, where was the manifold made??  What did the box say  and country of origin.

jacwjames

Hmmmmm

Ive read quite a few documents on ABS systems while I've fixed my problems. 

The system has a setting for Dyno mode that the tech is suppose to use prior to the test. 

Everything I read says the light should go out after driving.  But when my light stayed on and I checked the fault code it said it was Dyno mode, mine didn't go out after driving.  I read the codes using the diagnostic module in my front drivers side electrical bay.  Back to the books, many internet searches and finally found a way to clear the Dyno mode.  It involved using the brake pedal and button on the diagnostic module, took two people as one had to continually press the brake pedal while the other pressed the button in a specific sequence.  Upon further reading I read a warning that said not to press the button for more then 2 seconds otherwise it puts it into Dyno mode.  My guess is I pressed the button too long, so no I do it to the count of 1001. 

If the ABS light wasn't on when you went to have inspected I'd be taking it back and let them figure it out. 

Refrigerator power ??
Gary M
48 minutes ago, BigNick said:

A residential refridgerator has been installed. Works great but, I have to be on shore power or genset running to power it. I've gone to inverter power and verified both  plugs won't power up, they power fine otherwise. Any ideas?

So you are saying the inverter plug behind the “ not so cold” has no power?

Refrigerator power ??
BigNick

It has power when on shore or gen, no power on inverter 

2 minutes ago, Gary M said:

So you are saying the inverter plug behind the “ not so cold” has no power?

Refrigerator power ??
Frank Bergamo

Does anything else work on inverter? If not, check breaker on inverter.

Refrigerator power ??
59Chriscraft

That plug is not wired into the inverter circuit do to the drain on battery if you are off grid very long. I’m trying to figure out how to wire around that plug to be able to use the inverter while driving instead of running the generator.

Refrigerator power ??
Gary M
12 minutes ago, BigNick said:

It has power when on shore or gen, no power on inverter 

On my coach there were two receptacles. One for gen and shore and one on the inverter.

Wireless HDMI adapters
waterskier_1
On 10/31/2021 at 8:16 PM, Steven P said:

A lot of good stuff since we drove back home.  I'll try to chime in where needed.  Some of the questions that came up were very well answered.  

We got rid of Directtv and went w Dish bc Dish is more camping friendly. The HD pics are great on a HDMI cable.  

@Barry Wthat is a great idea, but they do not work w the Tailgater nor Wally. If we ever upgrade to the in motion satellite for like $1500, we could likely use that. 

Coax from Dish to receiver, then HDMI straight to TV gives best pic.  The Wally also has RCA outputs and those go to my AV selector box and leave on the original coax and go to TV locations but the pic quality is poor unlike the HDMI TV. 

@waterskier_1I'd be interested to know how you ran the HDMI thru the AC ducts.  I have the small 3 -4" round AC registers in the ceiling and am not familiar w the insides of them. 

What I want to be able to do is split the signal from the Wally and watch the same show on any of 3 TVs. The main one, the one the PO put on the wall by the dining table and the outside TV.  Thinking tailgating and when outside hanging out.  It gives more options this way and less neck strain looking at the main TV. 

Thank you all!  I'm thinking wired would be the best, just gonna be a challenge running those wires. 

I punched a hole in the side of the main A/C duct near the receiver.  I fished the HDMI cable thru tye ceiling to that duct.  Once in the main duct, I took all the registers on that duct off so I could fish the cable from one register] opening to the next.  When I got to the bedroom,  I proved the ceiling for a route from above the TV to the main duct.  Again I punched a hole in the side of the duct, fished the Cannondale out and chosen to the TV.  Then I used duct tape to seal the holes where the cable went through the duct.  I also repaired any other places the duct was taking as I put the registers back on. 

Refrigerator power ??
Chuck B 2004 Windsor

You do NOT want to run a residential frig with a modified sine wave inverter.  Some members added a pure sine small inverter to run the residential frig on.

Help with leak between primary and secondary tank needed
Columbus

Hello fellow Monaco-ers,

I'm hoping someone can help me identify the type and make of the four circled air components in the first photo . The photo is taken from below looking up and towards the back of my 36'  1996 Dynasty baron.

I am trying to diagnose an airleak between the primary and secondary air tanks. It currently fails an inspection test wherby one tank is drained of air and a check is made if the other tank keeps air pressure. The test fails no matter if the primary tank (at the rear of RV) or secondary tank (at the front) is drained.  Always both tanks loose pressure. I have already replaced the two–way check valve. It  seemed the obvious  culprit as it connects the primary and secondary air systems. Unfortunately, no change. It could ofcourse be the two check valves between the wet tank and the primary and secondary tanks but then they must both have failed for this problem to occur. Not sure how likely that is.

On the second photo one can see a green tube used to drain the air of the primary tank via an unused connection of what I think is a Service brake relay valve. It looks like I have two of those next to each other. Not sure why as I have only one rear axle with therefore two breaks. The component on the left is probably the relay valve for the spring brakes. The two main air lines coming from it each go to a spring brake chamber (not on photo) . The component on the right I can not identify at all. Having looked at some youtube instruction films (bendix) it could be a spring brake modulator valve but I realy don't know. On the second photo this valve can be seen from the side (component towards bottom of photo)

If I knew which  components these are I could try and diagnose the problem futher by clamping some lines shut and see if the problem goes away. But if someone has another idea about what the problem might be or a good way to diagnose it I would be very thankfull. I forgot to say that this Monaco lives in the Netherlands and expert help on US air systems is a very hard to come by....

A long story but maybe some of you has some ideas on the subject.

Kind regards,

Erwin

photo 1 - rear air components.jpg

photo 2  - Connected air drain during test.jpg

cropped-IMG_20180821_143533.jpg

Refrigerator power ??
Gary M
6 minutes ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

You do NOT want to run a residential frig with a modified sine wave inverter.  Some members added a pure sine small inverter to run the residential frig on.

Ok more info please as I assume my ME 2012 is a modified and not a pure. And what is the reason for not using the modified.

Thanks 

Pduggs

Yes. I had four heavy gauge steel posts cut to a length of 9”. They fit next the air bags. I lower the coach down on them so that they are jammed and unable to pop out. I carry them as a full timer. I’ve only used them up front, but I think they’ll work in the rear too. 

The wooden 6x6 posts for laying under the hitch as mentioned above, should work well and you could stow in a bay as a full timer. 

Paul A.
4 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Steve, if my memory serves me correctly he went to the shop where I had my Samsung fridge installed back in 2012.

It is called Billy Thibodeaux's RV in Scott LA

https://billyt.com/

They do a great job and very professional.

They are adamant about changing out the NotSoCold to a residential as many years ago they had a coach in for service and the fridge caught fire while at their shop.

https://billyt.com/residential-refrigerator-conversions/

Great people at Billy's. 

Inspection Camera
Corkman

Thanks for the camera suggestion, ordered one today myself.

Frank McElroy

If you dump the air from only your wet tank will the primary and secondary tanks hold air?

In the downloads section there are a number of manuals covering the air brake system.  Here is a link that will get you to a number of manuals and a copy on the Bendix manual in case you don't already have a copy.

Bendix Air Brake Handbook - BW5057_online.pdf

Windshield Replacement
top flight

Avid Auto Glass did mine.  Incredible Service and Network.  They will send techs right to your location in Florida. Mine was an Insurance claim when I was at a Park In New Port Ritchie , plus they handled all of the paperwork.  Techs were efficient and fast.  Their number is (707)-624-6967

Columbus

Thanx Frank. There are some documents I didn't have yet. I will try draining the wet tank as soon as I can. It should give me an answer to the question if the check valves are both OK or not. Should have tested that before but was convinced that the two-way-check-valve was at fault.... I'll let you know.

Refrigerator power ??
Dr4Film

I have run my Samsung RF-197 residential fridge on a MSW Inverter for the past 9 years and it hasn't missed a beat.

Disclaimer - not all fridges will run OK on a MSW Inverter but they will run on a PSW Inverter.

The only two brands that I know will run fine using a MSW Inverter is Samsung and Fisher-Paykel.

Inspection Camera
Michael Powell
On 10/30/2021 at 3:31 PM, jacwjames said:

There was another thread discussing an electrical problem and the subject of inspection cameras came up.  A little off topic.

I suggested this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/264797559966?hash=item3da72a1c9e:g:6ucAAOSwcLBfClPA

I didn't have one so I decided for the cost it would be worth trying so I ordered one.  It came in today.  It is suppose to be for Windows/ iso androdid based phone which I don't have so I hoped it would work on my Microsoft tablet I just got, it didn't, I didn't have access to internet so could investigate adding a device.  But I have a Dell Laptop so I tried it, it accepted the device and set it up without a problem.  Seems to have pretty good resolution, the camera is lighted so it can look into dark areas, and the cable (5M) is semi rigid so you can push it in (no sure how far. 

So looks like a decent value, may not be as easy to handle vs a small display but I tested and I can take a video and then play it back.

I'm going to play with it tomorrow and do an inspection of the AC duct, since I'm installing new AC units it wouldn't hurt to make sure the duct work is clear. 

I ordered one today Thanks for the lead I can really use it..

Refrigerator power ??
BigNick

Thank you very much for all the great inputs!!  Its a great bunch of folks over here with a good deal of info, especially since it relates to our coaches specifically. I've had my coach for about 2 years and the learning curve it steep and expensive since the previous owners didn't maintain it correctly. 

I'm getting there a little bit at a time. 

3 hours ago, Frank Bergamo said:

Does anything else work on inverter? If not, check breaker on inverter.

The microwave/convection oven powers up on inverter.

3 hours ago, 59Chriscraft said:

That plug is not wired into the inverter circuit do to the drain on battery if you are off grid very long. I’m trying to figure out how to wire around that plug to be able to use the inverter while driving instead of running the generator.

I want know how to get it powered up too.

3 hours ago, Gary M said:

On my coach there were two receptacles. One for gen and shore and one on the inverter.

I've tried to power the refrigerator with both receptacles while in inverter, neither one will power it.

3 hours ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

THIS,   so are you saying I need a small pour sine wave inverter behind the refrigerator just to power it?

44 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I have run my Samsung RF-197 residential fridge on a MSW Inverter for the past 9 years and it hasn't missed a beat.

Disclaimer - not all fridges will run OK on a MSW Inverter but they will run on a PSW Inverter.

The only two brands that I know will run fine using a MSW Inverter is Samsung and Fisher-Paykel.

Good info here, I'm going to run this one down.

Ivylog
2 hours ago, Pduggs said:

The wooden 6x6 posts for laying under the hitch as mentioned above, should work well and you could stow in a bay as a full timer. 

Wooden 6X6 won’t help for the front. Instead of metal posts 9” long, why not 12-13” to put in after raising the coach up?

No House 12 volt
FishAR

Turned out to be the main battery disconnect. Have 2 on order getting here thursday.

Refrigerator power ??
Ivylog
21 minutes ago, BigNick said:

The microwave/convection oven powers up on inverter

What about your 120V outlets and TV? If not, on the side of the inverter are 2, hard to find, push to reset breakers…one may be tripped.

120V motors do not run as efficiently on MSW power… often it’s the controller electronic that do not like the MSW.

Samsung work well on MSW power because the compressor runs on DC current, not AC.

Splendide Washer
tmw188
7 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Here is the manual that I have and use. Page 13 is the chapter on how to winterize.

Splendide 2000 Manual.pdf 650.17 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks Richard that’s closer to what I have, as I said mine didn’t have Winterizing instructions. Seems they’re all very similar. 

Refrigerator power ??
David White

Does your inside breaker panel have a separate breaker marked refrigerator or ref inverter? If so double check that it is set correctly.

Refrigerator power ??
Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Running on a modified sine wave inverter is a great excuse for a manufacturer to not honor their warranty.

Run your microwave/convection oven on a modified sine wave converter and listen to it complain.

Refrigerator power ??
BigNick
37 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

What about your 120V outlets and TV? If not, on the side of the inverter are 2, hard to find, push to reset breakers…one may be tripped.

120V motors do not run as efficiently on MSW power… often it’s the controller electronic that do not like the MSW.

Samsung work well on MSW power because the compressor runs on DC current, not AC.

The spec sheet for the 3012 calls it a "true sine wave inverter" which I believe is is the same as "pure"?  I actually am not completely sure which outlets are on inverter? I'm thinking I should go around and check?  I'm always powered by generator or shore power but, I would like to shut the gen down down while underway for the fuel savings and save wear and tear on the genset. I have been at the back side and checked those breakers before but not recently will check them.

29 minutes ago, David White said:

Does your inside breaker panel have a separate breaker marked refrigerator or ref inverter? If so double check that it is set correctly.

As far as I know there is only one CB for the refrigerator, I will poke my head in there and double check.

BigNick
6 hours ago, StephenW said:

On my 01 Dynasty I also have a RC7GS like the one Richard Smith posted a picture of but in my case the control is located in the rear upper cabinets near the breaker panels.

I will look around again with the brightest flashlight I have maybe I missed it, you guys have given me some good pointers, Thankyou

Windshield Replacement
William

Outstanding great starting point appreciate all the responses very helpful. 

Will

Drawer Slides on Shelves
Paul A.
On 6/3/2020 at 5:52 AM, Bob Nodine said:

Paul, the drawer slides are a nice touch. I might have to look into that.

It totaly self organizes the space. Fit and function.

Block Heater operation?
Trinidaddave

My 05 Safari Gazelle block heater cord doesn’t reach.  I always use a short extension cord, I guess they didn’t mean for it to be plugged in all the time.

I  used mine several times last winter

Block Heater operation?
tmw188
30 minutes ago, Trinidaddave said:

My 05 Safari Gazelle block heater cord doesn’t reach.  I always use a short extension cord, I guess they didn’t mean for it to be plugged in all the time.

I  used mine several times last winter

Well I’m choosing to leave mine plugged in and manage it with the breaker and rocker switch. If you have a receptacle near by it should reach. You may need to cut loose a zip tie. 

Preventing DUVAC alternator problems
jimc99999

I'm now replacing my 24 year old electronics in my 97 Windsor with the ML-ACR. Thanks for the tip on using a step drill bit, it works great to enlarge the holes in the wires. 

I do have a couple questions. Is it necessary to set up the start isolation if you are starting the coach while plugged into shore power or with the generator running?

Also, should the second isolation circuit be configured to prevent connecting the sides while both the alternator and the generator are charging (I.e. running the generator while driving)? Or does that not really matter too much?

biloxi_dad

@Steven P Richard (Dr4Film) is correct ...I had the work dont at Billy T's in Lafayette LA.  Very good people to work with and they did a good job in the timeframe promised.  Highly recommended.

10 hours ago, cbr046 said:

I don't want to know the cost . . . . . 😵

Actually, I do.  Looks like the F-P is $2400, but the cost for a shop to do all the modifications . . . .

- bob

Can vary greatly...call them for an estimate.  They'll need to ask questions and may need to see pics before they give you a price.

Convert Batwing antenna to hold a wifi/ cellular antenna.
Bob Jones

I've been using mine for years now, it brought the entire WiFi issue down to, if it's out there, you can get it, and that's about all that a person can do. It's much easier with the configuration file. Just load and go, so to speak. As far as I'm concerned, it cased the WiFi issue once and for all. 🙂

Refrigerator power ??
Dr4Film
2 hours ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

Running on a modified sine wave inverter is a great excuse for a manufacturer to not honor their warranty.

Run your microwave/convection oven on a modified sine wave converter and listen to it complain.

Chuck, I totally agree with your latter statement. Trying to us a microwave with ANY Inverter has not what I recommend for years.

However, Samsung honored my 12 month warranty when I submitted a claim after 7 months of use and they never asked what type of Inverter I had in my coach. They sent a service tech out to fix my problem which was a frozen Defrost Drain Line in the fridge compartment causing water to accumulate under the crisper bins.

Inspection Camera
jacwjames

I got all the holes fixed. 

The duct work terminates beyond the front by ~4" but the rear goes about 15" past.  I cut small foam blocks and put a 45 degree angle on one edge.  I then positioned them flush with the duct, taping them up.  So now the forced air gets pushed down into the vent instead of just swirling around in turbulence.   When i was in college I had course work in ventilation design for mining.  Worse thing for air movement is turbulence.

The one hole I found was directly above a light and there was a hole already there that I had taped up when I converted my lights to LED.  Just cut the tape away and had easy access to fix the hole.

The last place was the hardest.  After sleeping on it overnight I decided the best option was just install another duct vent there.  Did some measuring to make sure I got it the right place, used a small side grinder to cut through the ceiling material and plywood and most of the foam.  Then used a chisel to remove the foam.  The the side grinder and hole saw to cut up into the vent.  When I was done I had easy access to fix the gap. see photo.

I then bought a 4X8" duct vent at Lowes and installed that in the front most duct hole, had to enlarge it but not hard and this gave me better access to put a 45 degree foam block. 

Overall pleased with how everything worked out and I am 100% sure that I gained quite a bit of airflow. 

Duct Gap.jpg

jacwjames
2 hours ago, BigNick said:

I will look around again with the brightest flashlight I have maybe I missed it, you guys have given me some good pointers, Thankyou

Do you not have a Inverter Display somewhere in the coach that shows you state of charge etc??? 

Refrigerator power ??
Chuck B 2004 Windsor

It is a possibility that the tech did not know or understand about the use of a modified sine wave inverter used in coaches.  

Refrigerator power ??
Ivylog
3 hours ago, BigNick said:

The spec sheet for the 3012 calls it a "true sine wave inverter"

Doubt a 03 Patriot has a 3012 inverter unless it replaced a 2012 MSW inverter that likely came in a 03 rig.

Refrigerator power ??
BigNick
11 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Doubt a 03 Patriot has a 3012 inverter unless it replaced a 2012 MSW inverter that likely came in a 03 rig.

No sir, it's a 3012, that being the case, most likely replaced... hey.. that rhymes..

BigNick
1 hour ago, jacwjames said:

Do you not have a Inverter Display somewhere in the coach that shows you state of charge etc??? 

I do, it's mounted over the door. I've in that menu 100s of times,

nothing there about ags...

Edit: Interesting menu page from the scp manual

SCP Menu Page.PNG

Block Heater operation?
Trinidaddave

I will check that out, it would be more convenient.

Splendide Washer
tmw188
11 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Splendide 2000 Manual.pdf 650.17 kB · 8 downloads

Looking thru both of these manuals not much difference. Mine is a pamphlet style with a edition date of 1/31/2000 but no specific model referenced just Splendide Vented. 

Block Heater operation?
tmw188
19 minutes ago, Trinidaddave said:

I will check that out, it would be more convenient.

8A877826-9E0D-4C92-9D8E-56DB7A362534.jpeg

jacwjames

You need to download a manual, it will have the procedure to get into the programing menu. 

On mine I can set it up for AGS base on battery SOC.  I comes on at the set point for voltage, then will shut off based on the set point.  Also has the ability set it for quiet time so it doesn't run at night etc.

My RG7GS doesn't have the capability to start for coach temp.  I would have had to add a module.  Instead I installed an EC30W wireless unit that communicates the a module that starts the generator based on coach temp and/or if I loose power it will start the generator to run the AC's if the temp in the coach gets too high. 

Pduggs
5 hours ago, Ivylog said:

Wooden 6X6 won’t help for the front. Instead of metal posts 9” long, why not 12-13” to put in after raising the coach up?

I raised my coach as high as it would go. It measured roughly 9” next to the airbags. 

Preventing DUVAC alternator problems
pwhittle

I did not attach any of the isolator inputs.

On boats this is often used to protect the electronics when cranking the engine. There are not as many sensitive electronics on a motorhome

Paul

Ivan K

This is what you would need with the SCP.

Screenshot_20211102-213846_Chrome.jpg

Ground mounted solar panels
Dear LaserWorks

We had a couple 100 watt hard panels that we hinged together and used in the ground. About $250 in panel kit & parts. That was nice, but a bit heavy (30 lbs) & cumbersome to stow. This month we bought a folding flexible 200w panel and moved the hard panels to the roof. So much better this way. We have the hard panels always available and the folding panels weight 9 lbs and store anywhere at only 1" thick. In our case, they stow in a small gap next to our sofa behind the driver. I built a simple PVC pipe tilting stand so I can tilt them if I want. Happier camper.

https://www.amazon.com/DOKIO-Foldable-Monocrystalline-Inverter-Controller/dp/B075SZMFP2/

BigNick
19 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

This is what you would need with the SCP.

Screenshot_20211102-213846_Chrome.jpg

That's the one I'm eyeballing, looks like it can be wired to thermo stats as well. And a circuit going to the remote switch at the dash board to control the start/stop function and monitor run/off via the light. . Also a back up to the hour meter to detect run/off.. I guess in case the bulb burns out in the switch.. One other thing I keep reading xantrex has great tech support.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.