Moving TV

Brett63

Has anyone moved their TV from overhead and put it behind the couch on passenger side on a televator, in a slide)

We want to move our TV and make it a televator lift TV behind the couch. The move isn't a big deal, but I can't figure out how to get the cable and HDMI cable over to it. Our receiver and audio/video equipment is in a cabinet right above the passenger seat. 

I can't come up with a good way to get the cables in the slide, any ideas?

09 Signature Cambridge IV

If the couch is next to the kitchen cabinets 120V is available there.  Use a ROKU unit on the TV.  Hang a sound bar from the cabinets over the couch.  I use a Vizible phone hotspot for unlimited internet.  

As for satellite, I have no answer.  No answer for OTA, but there’s not much worth watching there anyway.  

4 minutes ago, Pepperell said:

If the couch is next to the kitchen cabinets 120V is available there.  Use a ROKU unit on the TV.  Hang a sound bar from the cabinets over the couch.  I use a Vizible phone hotspot for unlimited internet.  

As for satellite, I have no answer.  No answer for OTA, but there’s not much worth watching there anyway.  

I would rather stay hooked to Dish. I don't use an OTA anyway. I may have to look into a wireless Dish system that would communicate with the TV. Anyone know if that exists....lol

I assume your couch is in a slide?  Run the cables between the door and windshield into the dash and through the firewall (relatively easy).  Run them along the existing wiring harness through the first bay bulkhead above the bay ceiling cover.  Run them above the bays to the wiring harness that goes up between the center bath and galley and then over to the couch.

Do you plan to abandon the overhead TV mount?  Personally I would leave that TV operable and use a splitter to go to the new TV.  Your idea seems popular in the newer RV's but not something I care for.

11 minutes ago, Hypoxia said:

I assume your couch is in a slide?  Run the cables between the door and windshield into the dash and through the firewall (relatively easy).  Run them along the existing wiring harness through the first bay bulkhead above the bay ceiling cover.  Run them above the bays to the wiring harness that goes up between the center bath and galley and then over to the couch.

Do you plan to abandon the overhead TV mount?  Personally I would leave that TV operable and use a splitter to go to the new TV.  Your idea seems popular in the newer RV's but not something I care for.

Yes, we will abandon the overhead tv. It works great for one chair, but to put two recliners in leaves both looking in the wrong direction. It's not fair for my wife to have to lay on the couch all the time while I have a nice chair. SO we are moving the TV which will enable us to put in two recliners and both face the TV. We have already removed all furniture from the drivers side to include couch and booth dinette.

In looking at the DISH equipment I think I can do a wireless system and leave the DVR in th video cabinet. Need to talk to them.

The Dish system feeds uses only an HDMI cable to the TV, and you can get some pretty long HDMI cables . . . . routing them is the trick (of course) but not sure what 40 ft through an HDMI does to video quality, especially if you go 4K TV someday.

- bob

2 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

The Dish system feeds uses only an HDMI cable to the TV, and you can get some pretty long HDMI cables . . . . routing them is the trick (of course) but not sure what 40 ft through an HDMI does to video quality, especially if you go 4K TV someday.

- bob

They are showing a wireless Joey (bluetooth) for the 4K set up now. I will be calling DISH to discuss. Just have to talk to them like I am in a house not an RV.....lol

1 minute ago, Jim McFarland said:

Pepperell, what is the visible hot spot?  Is it something you can buy and it plugs into the phone receiver?

Visible phone service carrier.  It’s owned by Verizon, provides unlimited data for as little as $25 a month.  I have an iPhone 6s using this service that I use as a hot spot.  
The 6s was my personal cell fone, was retired when I upgraded to an iPhone XS.  There are a number of current or non current Apple or Android smart phones that will work with the Visible service.  We stream 75-200 Gigs monthly I’d guess.  

2 hours ago, Brett63 said:

Has anyone moved their TV from overhead and put it behind the couch on passenger side on a televator, in a slide)

We want to move our TV and make it a televator lift TV behind the couch. The move isn't a big deal, but I can't figure out how to get the cable and HDMI cable over to it. Our receiver and audio/video equipment is in a cabinet right above the passenger seat. 

I got lucky, the back of the outside tv is behind my curb side couch. When I was putting new tv's in I added a 43 inch tv on the outside tv enclosure on that side. I just threw a splitter on the RG6 and hooked both tv's to it.

1 hour ago, FishAR said:

I got lucky, the back of the outside tv is behind my curb side couch. When I was putting new tv's in I added a 43 inch tv on the outside tv enclosure on that side. I just threw a splitter on the RG6 and hooked both tv's to it.

I don't have a wal mounted outside TV, but this gave me an idea. I removed my outside tv from the bay. That coax is still there. I could tone it out and find it int he video compartment, then run that one into the cable way up into the slide as it is right under. Will have to look into that if the wireless set up isn't a possiblity.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:08 AM, Brett63 said:

WE used a power track under this basement tray that we built the entertainment center on. Along with the 110 power for the Tv. DVD player, and the 80# combo freezer/fridge which was also 12V. 

That border trim around the slide is held on with 4" Black Velcro. Tough to get off, but it can be done.

20007 Exec Exterior 015.JPG

20007 Exec Exterior 016.JPG

20007 Exec Exterior 017.JPG

20007 Exec Exterior 014.JPG

Edited by Paul A.
  • Like 1