Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/595-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Refrigerator power ??
Steven P
Splendide Washer
Dr4Film
Splendide Washer
tmw188
drip rail
pulsarjab
Refrigerator power ??
miacasa_2000
Splendide Washer
Dr4Film
Refrigerator power ??
jacwjames
Another Auto Gen Start Thread
jacwjames
Wireless HDMI adapters
bgfleck
Ground mounted solar panels
jacwjames
Splendide Washer
tmw188
drip rail
Ray Davis
Refrigerator power ??
bftownes
Refrigerator power ??
David Pratt
Moving TV
Brett63
Moving TV
Pepperell
Dear LaserWorks
Moving TV
Brett63
Moving TV
Hypoxia
Moving TV
Brett63
No House 12 volt
Bill R
Moving TV
cbr046
Moving TV
Brett63
Moving TV
Jim McFarland
Hot water heater help
Corgidad
drip rail
96 EVO
No House 12 volt
FishAR
Hot water heater help
dleeadkins
drip rail
JDCrow
Hot water heater help
ncsteve
Moving TV
Pepperell
Hot water heater help
Tom Wallis
drip rail
Paul A.
Refrigerator power ??
Chuck B 2004 Windsor
Hot water heater help
Rick A
Hot water heater help
Michael Powell
Moving TV
Jim McFarland
Hot water heater help
Gary 05 AMB DST
Moving TV
FishAR
BigNick
Hot water heater help
Rick A
Front flat tire protection
Gary 05 AMB DST
Hot water heater help
Corgidad
Refrigerator power ??
David Pratt
Refrigerator power ??
BigNick
Moving TV
Brett63

Refrigerator power ??
Steven P

Like others above,  I have 2 receptacles behind the fridge and one is powered by the inverter.  If my GFCI in the bathroom trips, the fridge and some other outlets stop working, but my microwave still works.  Nick, if you have the old style outlets (see pic), you may want to change them out w a new one.   My GE fridge has been working fine for over a year on my MSW inverter. 

20211023_104931.jpg

Splendide Washer
Dr4Film
10 hours ago, tmw188 said:

Looking thru both of these manuals not much difference. Mine is a pamphlet style with a edition date of 1/31/2000 but no specific model referenced just Splendide Vented. 

Here is another manual I have used to troubleshoot different situations with the Splendide 2000 that you and others may be interested in having in your arsenal. 

Splendide Train Manual.pdf

Splendide Washer
tmw188
18 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Here is another manual I have used to troubleshoot different situations with the Splendide 2000 that you and others may be interested in having in your arsenal. 

Splendide Train Manual.pdf 1.92 MB · 2 downloads

Cool thanks, I need to try and organize some of these files on my phone. I struggle with that sometimes.

drip rail
pulsarjab

Drip rail installed and has solved the leak issue. Water was running down the inside of the 2 inch wide wiper rubber. Just had two days of hard rain and drip rail had running water out on the ground. Thanks for all the help. Using the 3M adhesive promoter worked great. 

Refrigerator power ??
miacasa_2000

Take a step back and start at the beginning. Geny off and on shore power check the outlets if both have power then all the other components ( breaker, gfci, etc, ) are Ok. Which means your inverter is passing the ac on thru fine. Now unplug from shore and make sure inverter is in fact inverting and check again one receptacle should have no power ( fridge ac) the other (ice maker ac ) should . If not check your inverter.  If so get a proper tester and check the voltage while inverting thru simple process of elimination you'll get to the problem.

Roy  2003 Dynasty    

Splendide Washer
Dr4Film
42 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

Cool thanks, I need to try and organize some of these files on my phone. I struggle with that sometimes.

Phones are for making and taking calls and using important apps. I have a Laptop and an external hard-drive for backups where all important information is stored.

Good luck using your phone as a computer. Hopefully you back up the data on your phone just in case your phone decides to take a dump.

Refrigerator power ??
jacwjames

I had a problem with my electrical system this summer which forced me to dig into my entire electrical system, both inverted circuits and noninverted circuits.

What I found was that all my outlets were inverted except the one behind the refrigerator and the block heater circuit. 

Tracing the routing of the circuits was a nightmare since all the wiring is buried in the ceiling and or in or under cabinets.  The circuit I had problems with was the bedroom/bathroom circuit, which was protected by a GFCI breaker, but did not trip when it showed there was a dead short.   The only thing that gave me a clue as to a problem is that the generator would not run.  After I figured out which circuit it was I finally determined the routing of the wire, which was

Breaker>Bed outlets through the junction box in the rear engine compartment> Bedroom TV Cabinet>Bedroom base cabinet near washer/dryer> Bedroom Vanity Outlet>Commode vanity outlet>Basement  Outlet

The problem was in the ceiling between the breaker and the Bed outlets, meaning the entire circuit was bad.  To fix I ran a new wire to the Bedroom TV cabinet outlet which then fed the rest of the outlets and I was back in business.  I removed (cut back) the original wire going to the junction box in the engine compartment. 

Above sounds simple but took me ~4-5 days to figure out what was wrong and how to fix.  I had to completely remove the main service panel to repair but while I was at it I added a second inverter and rewired the 120 volt outlet behind the TV to be able to use the second inverter when I wanted to.

jacwjames
9 hours ago, BigNick said:

One other thing I keep reading xantrex has great tech support.

When I had problems with my inverter I called Xantrex tech support and explained my symptoms.  I subpected the inverter so I had disconnected from shore power to test circuits and had ohms across one of the circuits so I suspected a bad pass through relay.  The Xantrex tech said YUP its bad and said the pass through relay was obsolete and gave me the info on what inverter and other parts I'd need.

So I removed the Inverter and almost started to order the parts.  But I found the number of a Xantrex repair facility near me and called them.  Explained the same symptoms to the guy and he said that the readings were correct and probably nothing wrong with the inverter.  He told me what I could do to trouble shoot which worked.  I had to put the inverter back in and go through the steps and it worked.

So my lesson is to always get a second opinion before you waste a lot of time and $$$. 

Wireless HDMI adapters
bgfleck

I know this is a little late but they also make coax to HDMI adapters. Like this.

https://www.solidsignal.com/Tech-Choice-HDMI-Over-Coax-Extender-HDMI2COAX-EXT?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=📹+See+the+HDMI+to+Coax+Solution&utm_campaign=DD_HDMI2COAX-EXT_1132021

I have never used them so no idea how good they work.

jacwjames

This looks interesting, how big are the panels. 

Can you provide a picture of the PVC frame.

This might be what I'm looking for.  Price seems reasonable for the whole system and since you can move/tilt the panels would be more efficient then roof/flat mounted. 

Any concern on theft, do you leave them out if you are away from coach?

Splendide Washer
tmw188

Yeah your right about that. I have a laptop which can handle that a lot better fir sure, just isn’t always with me when I need it. When possible I sometimes email PDFs to myself so I can access them through my email on the phone.

drip rail
Ray Davis
1 hour ago, pulsarjab said:

Drip rail installed and has solved the leak issue. Water was running down the inside of the 2 inch wide wiper rubber. Just had two days of hard rain and drip rail had running water out on the ground. Thanks for all the help. Using the 3M adhesive promoter worked great. 

Great to hear the drip rail solved your problem.  Pictures of where and how you used the drip rail would be a great help.

I looked at the Amazon links that Jerry posted above and the second one has a big mark down in price so if anyone is thinking of buying,  now might be the time.   Price has been reduced 77% from $38.86 to $8.78.   It says today,  not sure if they really mean today only or not,, I guess you could call.

https://www.amazon.com/Trim-Lok-Drip-Rail-Plastic-Installs/dp/B01CJRGX5M/ref=pd_sbs_1/140-5434465-2874440?pd_rd_w=o2Nq2&pf_rd_p=0f56f70f-21e6-4d11-bb4a-bcdb928a3c5a&pf_rd_r=SPFXW3AJK8C3EH4AWESX&pd_rd_r=133daad5-d4f3-4244-a814-60f64aee836e&pd_rd_wg=1aDjA&pd_rd_i=B01CJRGX5M&psc=1

Refrigerator power ??
bftownes

When I had my 2001 Dip LE, I had a residential fridge installed after many Norcold failures.  The fridge had no power when traveling and lost very little of its cold when traveling from point "A" to point "B".  Boondocking would be another story.

Refrigerator power ??
David Pratt

Ok, I am stepping in here.

There has been to much MIS-INFORMATION and Confusing Information posted in the above threads.

Monaco started installing Residential Refrigerators in 2004 at the factory. Monaco also had the option on the Dynasty, Exec, Sig and Navigator to go all Electric and no Propane. They were using either TRACE or Zantrex model 2012 or 3012 MSW inverters. The Exec, Signature and Navigator also had the option of Dual Inverters. The standard Inverter was the Trace MSW and the option was PSW if you wanted it.

Every time some one posts about converting to a Residential Refrigerator the same discussions, Information and Mis-information is brought up. Do your research and read the MANUAL and Manufactures recommendations before installing the Refrigerator. Then ask question.

My 05 Exec has the Trace 3012MSW Inverter and a Whirlpool Residential Refrigerator. The Whirlpool has been operating just fine for the past Sixteen years on MSW with never an issue.

Samsung, Whirlpool, LG, Kenmore, Frigidaire, GE and Bosch and others  will all run on MSW Inverters with no issues. All these models consume less AMPs running on AC than the NOT-S-COLD does when running on AC.

The Coaches with Absorption Refer's have two AC outlets behind the Frig. One is connected direct to shore/generator power and the other is connected to the Inverter. When you install a Residential Refrigerator in your coach you should always plug the Refrigerator into the Inverter Outlet. The Inverter has a Pass Thru which allows the AC Current to pass directly into the coach when on Shore Power or with the Generator running and if the Inverter is on will allow the inverter to power up the coach when the shore Power is disconnected and/or generator is not running.

In the 16 years as Moderator and Owner of the Monacoers group I cannot remember anyone that had and issue with a residential refrigerator and the repair was turned down by the manufacturer because the refrigerator was in a coach or was operating on a MSW inverter.

If the Inverter is on and you are not connected to Shore power or have the Generator running you should have power to the Inverter AC outlet behind the Refrigerator.

Some of these old wives tales about residential refrigerator and MSW Inverters have been pounded to death for way to long.

Need help for continuing to modify Suspension
Cubflyer

Great photos!

IMHO replacing air bags will do nothing, unless they are leaking and not holding air.  The ride height is controlled by air valves.  With an unlimited supply of air the only reason the valves would not control the ride height is if the lines or airbags leaks exceed the volume capacity of the valves..... not likely (it would not be a subtle leak).

The beltline measurement is a good idea for a rough idea of your ride height but you rally need to set the height with measurements between the points given in the manual (between frame and H frame or airbag mounting points?) as there can be much more than 1/4"-1/2" difference in ground surface on even the flattest ground.  I believe the specs on the ride height are within 1/8"-1/4"  (been a long time since I looked at mine).

Sounds like you are on the right course and will get there.

Ken

Moving TV
Brett63

Has anyone moved their TV from overhead and put it behind the couch on passenger side on a televator, in a slide)

We want to move our TV and make it a televator lift TV behind the couch. The move isn't a big deal, but I can't figure out how to get the cable and HDMI cable over to it. Our receiver and audio/video equipment is in a cabinet right above the passenger seat. 

I can't come up with a good way to get the cables in the slide, any ideas?

09 Signature Cambridge IV

Moving TV
Pepperell

If the couch is next to the kitchen cabinets 120V is available there.  Use a ROKU unit on the TV.  Hang a sound bar from the cabinets over the couch.  I use a Vizible phone hotspot for unlimited internet.  

As for satellite, I have no answer.  No answer for OTA, but there’s not much worth watching there anyway.  

Dear LaserWorks
1 hour ago, jacwjames said:

This looks interesting, how big are the panels. 

Can you provide a picture of the PVC frame.

This might be what I'm looking for.  Price seems reasonable for the whole system and since you can move/tilt the panels would be more efficient then roof/flat mounted. 

Any concern on theft, do you leave them out if you are away from coach?

The flexible panels aren't designed to be left out, won't hold up in the weather over time I'm sure. But they are super easy to stow & deploy. They would be easy to steal. They measure about 84"x29" when deployed, 21x29x1" folded.

Here are a few photos. The panels have velcro on the back for folding, so I put mating pieces on the PVC pipe to hold them in place. I also have a few photo sandbags that I can set on the PVC legs if I feel it needs some anchoring. The tilt legs are in 2 pieces which allows for just about any angle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P217V6H/

Tilt on the roof is nice, but it's often not worth the climb & fuss. It's so easy to move the ground panels to point or tilt for early or late in the day to boost a fair amount, or to get them out from under shade.

IMG_7627.jpeg

IMG_7624.jpeg

IMG_7675.jpeg

Moving TV
Brett63
4 minutes ago, Pepperell said:

If the couch is next to the kitchen cabinets 120V is available there.  Use a ROKU unit on the TV.  Hang a sound bar from the cabinets over the couch.  I use a Vizible phone hotspot for unlimited internet.  

As for satellite, I have no answer.  No answer for OTA, but there’s not much worth watching there anyway.  

I would rather stay hooked to Dish. I don't use an OTA anyway. I may have to look into a wireless Dish system that would communicate with the TV. Anyone know if that exists....lol

Moving TV
Hypoxia

I assume your couch is in a slide?  Run the cables between the door and windshield into the dash and through the firewall (relatively easy).  Run them along the existing wiring harness through the first bay bulkhead above the bay ceiling cover.  Run them above the bays to the wiring harness that goes up between the center bath and galley and then over to the couch.

Do you plan to abandon the overhead TV mount?  Personally I would leave that TV operable and use a splitter to go to the new TV.  Your idea seems popular in the newer RV's but not something I care for.

HWH air leveling part #’s for pressure switches and solenoids for a 2002 Monaco Signature 40
jjroxus

I am pretty at clumsy using this site and don't know how to send a PM to you.  Can you give me insight?

I seem to be spinning my wheels and not making any progress on troubleshooting the air system.

Once again thank you for all the info.  I have seen some of it before.  I had not seen the 2000 troubleshooting manual and have been studying it.

I am still not sure if my system is a 2000 or a 680.  The AP number on the control box is 14721.  The touch control I have does not have a button for the travel mode.  

I am going to have a look at the control box today and try to determine which system I really have. I will look to see if it has the 2000 system led's to check the operational features.

Thanks,

JJ

HWH control panel.jpg

Moving TV
Brett63
11 minutes ago, Hypoxia said:

I assume your couch is in a slide?  Run the cables between the door and windshield into the dash and through the firewall (relatively easy).  Run them along the existing wiring harness through the first bay bulkhead above the bay ceiling cover.  Run them above the bays to the wiring harness that goes up between the center bath and galley and then over to the couch.

Do you plan to abandon the overhead TV mount?  Personally I would leave that TV operable and use a splitter to go to the new TV.  Your idea seems popular in the newer RV's but not something I care for.

Yes, we will abandon the overhead tv. It works great for one chair, but to put two recliners in leaves both looking in the wrong direction. It's not fair for my wife to have to lay on the couch all the time while I have a nice chair. SO we are moving the TV which will enable us to put in two recliners and both face the TV. We have already removed all furniture from the drivers side to include couch and booth dinette.

In looking at the DISH equipment I think I can do a wireless system and leave the DVR in th video cabinet. Need to talk to them.

No House 12 volt
Bill R

Mike - Glad you found this out.  I was going to say that I just discovered this last weekend that if I over-rotated my main battery disconnect just a bit past ON it would turn off all power.  Let me know where you get the disconnects, I'd like to replace as well.

Moving TV
cbr046

The Dish system feeds uses only an HDMI cable to the TV, and you can get some pretty long HDMI cables . . . . routing them is the trick (of course) but not sure what 40 ft through an HDMI does to video quality, especially if you go 4K TV someday.

- bob

Moving TV
Brett63
2 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

The Dish system feeds uses only an HDMI cable to the TV, and you can get some pretty long HDMI cables . . . . routing them is the trick (of course) but not sure what 40 ft through an HDMI does to video quality, especially if you go 4K TV someday.

- bob

They are showing a wireless Joey (bluetooth) for the 4K set up now. I will be calling DISH to discuss. Just have to talk to them like I am in a house not an RV.....lol

Moving TV
Jim McFarland

Pepperell, what is the visible hot spot?  Is it something you can buy and it plugs into the phone receiver?

Hot water heater help
Corgidad

Has anyone had to change the plastic T in the picture. If so how did you do it, I can’t quite figure it out. 

FBCB1D59-22F2-4BD1-A7DD-A6948CEE2845.jpeg

drip rail
96 EVO
On 9/5/2021 at 3:05 PM, JDCrow said:

You have some tape on the slide (black) has it leaked? 

That is textured tape that helps flip the wiper seals.

I have that tape on all my slides.

No House 12 volt
FishAR
59 minutes ago, Bill R said:

Mike - Glad you found this out.  I was going to say that I just discovered this last weekend that if I over-rotated my main battery disconnect just a bit past ON it would turn off all power.  Let me know where you get the disconnects, I'd like to replace as well.

I found some on amazon that look just like what is on there now. $13.49 each. Bought 2 in case the chassis one quits.

Amazon.com: Nilight - 90015A Battery Switch 12-48V Waterproof Heavy Duty Battery Power Cut Master Switch Disconnect Isolator for Car Vehicle RV and Marine Boat (On/Off),2 Years Warranty : Automotive

I was going to go to town to Gander Outdoors but all they had was a blue sea and it was $50 plus. I figured I could wait 2 days. I've got both cables tied to the same post and the assembly wrapped in duct tape for now, plus I'm not taking the Monaco anywhere for a few days.

Hot water heater help
dleeadkins

I believe the nut that I circled will turn and unscrew from the plastic tee.

34FB810C-E7EE-4E23-B316-11F37A68BEB1.jpeg

drip rail
JDCrow
Just now, 96 EVO said:

That is textured tape that helps flip the wiper seals.

I have that tape on all my slides.

I need to add something to flip the wiper seals as well. Our new 5vr has pretty trick little pieces of trim stuck on 

Hot water heater help
ncsteve

I would remove one of the red hoses, then unscrew the T fitting, replace and reinstall.

Moving TV
Pepperell
1 minute ago, Jim McFarland said:

Pepperell, what is the visible hot spot?  Is it something you can buy and it plugs into the phone receiver?

Visible phone service carrier.  It’s owned by Verizon, provides unlimited data for as little as $25 a month.  I have an iPhone 6s using this service that I use as a hot spot.  
The 6s was my personal cell fone, was retired when I upgraded to an iPhone XS.  There are a number of current or non current Apple or Android smart phones that will work with the Visible service.  We stream 75-200 Gigs monthly I’d guess.  

Hot water heater help
Tom Wallis

You have to remove the red hose. Then you can turn the Tee and the ball valve together to unscrew the Tee. When it's out you separate the valve and the Tee. 

I'm not sure if it was your objective but it would be a good idea to replace the check valve that the Tee screws into while you're at it.

The nut that you circled is for opening the ball valve (not necessary) or turning the whole valve to tighten it on to threads like the Tee.

drip rail
Paul A.

It's called;"grit tape". Commonly seen and used on stair tread. 

https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f68/slide-seal-flippers-142950.html

Refrigerator power ??
Chuck B 2004 Windsor

MSW electricity is just a less expensive way to generate.  I am a member of other RV groups.  On those groups their members have posted stories about their experience with MSW inverters.

My first Monaco coach was a 1998 Diplomat.  It's coach number was 0181749.  The 49 was the 49th Dip made.  I special ordered it.  Took over 6 months to be made because the government had priority on the Allison transmissions because they were used in the Humvee's.  It was the first Dip made with no slide and a booth dinette.

We went full time in it in November, 2002 when I retired.  We closed on our condo at 4pm.  We drove around the corner to a local Walmart to spend the night.  The next morning we started heading west to California to visit relatives we had not seen in over 3 decades.  We were welcomed because we brought our home with us.  In 2004 we traded for our 2004 Windsor.  We were full timers for 8 years.   We lived the life and enjoyed it.  

I have read reports where a MSW inverter destroyed electric clocks and heated blankets.  The average generator added more than 10 grand to the cost of a coach.  If I needed 120 vac, I started the generator.  

Hot water heater help
Rick A

Donald D you are 100% correct. I did it about month back. The one in the pic has plumbers tape on it so it’ll come off easily, 

Hot water heater help
Michael Powell
36 minutes ago, Corgidad said:

Has anyone had to change the plastic T in the picture. If so how did you do it, I can’t quite figure it out. 

FBCB1D59-22F2-4BD1-A7DD-A6948CEE2845.jpeg

Yea welcome to plumbing..

gona have to take the clamp off the 90 degree brass fitting  and buy a Pex clamp with Pex  plyers and hook it back up.

Moving TV
Jim McFarland

thank you so much

Hot water heater help
Gary 05 AMB DST

Replace the tee with another plastic tee otherwise you will be making your aluminum tank a sacrificial anode. Those brass fittings on the tank already make your aluminum sacrificial.

Gary 05 AMB DST 

Moving TV
FishAR
2 hours ago, Brett63 said:

Has anyone moved their TV from overhead and put it behind the couch on passenger side on a televator, in a slide)

We want to move our TV and make it a televator lift TV behind the couch. The move isn't a big deal, but I can't figure out how to get the cable and HDMI cable over to it. Our receiver and audio/video equipment is in a cabinet right above the passenger seat. 

I can't come up with a good way to get the cables in the slide, any ideas?

09 Signature Cambridge IV

I got lucky, the back of the outside tv is behind my curb side couch. When I was putting new tv's in I added a 43 inch tv on the outside tv enclosure on that side. I just threw a splitter on the RG6 and hooked both tv's to it.

HWH air leveling part #’s for pressure switches and solenoids for a 2002 Monaco Signature 40
planodp

For the PM someone just click on they Profile Icon. My would be the letter "P" and you'll see a mail icon "Message". I just PM you my phone #. Before you put the touch control panel back in get the part# off the bottom of it. This is the only way to get the correct one order if you needs to.

As far as the travel mode button my is like your as soon as you release the Parking break it will automatically goes into travel mode.

BigNick
4 hours ago, jacwjames said:

When I had problems with my inverter I called Xantrex tech support and explained my symptoms.  I subpected the inverter so I had disconnected from shore power to test circuits and had ohms across one of the circuits so I suspected a bad pass through relay.  The Xantrex tech said YUP its bad and said the pass through relay was obsolete and gave me the info on what inverter and other parts I'd need.

So I removed the Inverter and almost started to order the parts.  But I found the number of a Xantrex repair facility near me and called them.  Explained the same symptoms to the guy and he said that the readings were correct and probably nothing wrong with the inverter.  He told me what I could do to trouble shoot which worked.  I had to put the inverter back in and go through the steps and it worked.

So my lesson is to always get a second opinion before you waste a lot of time and $$$. 

Good Advice thank you!!

Hot water heater help
Rick A

Is this the bypass plumbing and valve?

JDCrow
3 hours ago, Cubflyer said:

Great photos!

IMHO replacing air bags will do nothing, unless they are leaking and not holding air.  The ride height is controlled by air valves.  With an unlimited supply of air the only reason the valves would not control the ride height is if the lines or airbags leaks exceed the volume capacity of the valves..... not likely (it would not be a subtle leak).

The beltline measurement is a good idea for a rough idea of your ride height but you rally need to set the height with measurements between the points given in the manual (between frame and H frame or airbag mounting points?) as there can be much more than 1/4"-1/2" difference in ground surface on even the flattest ground.  I believe the specs on the ride height are within 1/8"-1/4"  (been a long time since I looked at mine).

Sounds like you are on the right course and will get there.

Ken

Thanks for advise. I’m a little worried about the air bags may have been sitting deflated for years, as I know the coach was sitting. I don’t know if they loose flexibility or if internally rubber deteriorates or cords become detached? The bags do loose air overnight. The coach takes days to lose air. My dump valve for the bags doesn’t work either 

I look at where we are at, and I’m waist deep already. If I can start getting as much stiffened up as I can, then I’ll be a happy camper. 

Along that line, the trailing arms; is there a polly bushing replacement? 

Gary 05 AMB DST

Dr4Film, what is the front flat tire protection that you have on your coach?

Gary 05 AMB DST

Hot water heater help
Corgidad

Thanks everyone, Rick A it seems the circled nut is part of the bypass valve and doesn’t turn independently. I may be wrong and will try again holding the valve with vice grips. The red line on the far right looks like the head was installed on the valve before the line do I can’t turn it. 
And yes the T is leaking where it screws into the HWH that’s why the project 

Refrigerator power ??
David Pratt

Clocks, Heated Blankets, coffee makers and PAP Machines are not refrigerators. And yes there has been conversations that some of the new digital appliances, such as I have mentioned do not play well with a MSW Inverter because they did not have the circuitry built into them to handle MSW.

Most appliances and electronics today do have those quality's built in. TV's, Audio/Video Equipment have for years or a lot of Motor Homes would have torched that equipment every time the coach was on the Inverter. Think about it!!!

Refrigerator power ??
BigNick
3 hours ago, David Pratt said:

Ok, I am stepping in here.

There has been to much MIS-INFORMATION and Confusing Information posted in the above threads.

Monaco started installing Residential Refrigerators in 2004 at the factory. Monaco also had the option on the Dynasty, Exec, Sig and Navigator to go all Electric and no Propane. They were using either TRACE or Zantrex model 2012 or 3012 MSW inverters. The Exec, Signature and Navigator also had the option of Dual Inverters. The standard Inverter was the Trace MSW and the option was PSW if you wanted it.

Every time some one posts about converting to a Residential Refrigerator the same discussions, Information and Mis-information is brought up. Do your research and read the MANUAL and Manufactures recommendations before installing the Refrigerator. Then ask question.

My 05 Exec has the Trace 3012MSW Inverter and a Whirlpool Residential Refrigerator. The Whirlpool has been operating just fine for the past Sixteen years on MSW with never an issue.

Samsung, Whirlpool, LG, Kenmore, Frigidaire, GE and Bosch and others  will all run on MSW Inverters with no issues. All these models consume less AMPs running on AC than the NOT-S-COLD does when running on AC.

The Coaches with Absorption Refer's have two AC outlets behind the Frig. One is connected direct to shore/generator power and the other is connected to the Inverter. When you install a Residential Refrigerator in your coach you should always plug the Refrigerator into the Inverter Outlet. The Inverter has a Pass Thru which allows the AC Current to pass directly into the coach when on Shore Power or with the Generator running and if the Inverter is on will allow the inverter to power up the coach when the shore Power is disconnected and/or generator is not running.

In the 16 years as Moderator and Owner of the Monacoers group I cannot remember anyone that had and issue with a residential refrigerator and the repair was turned down by the manufacturer because the refrigerator was in a coach or was operating on a MSW inverter.

If the Inverter is on and you are not connected to Shore power or have the Generator running you should have power to the Inverter AC outlet behind the Refrigerator.

Some of these old wives tales about residential refrigerator and MSW Inverters have been pounded to death for way to long.

Thank you David  and everyone else for your posts. 

Up to this point the only testing I have done was to move the refrigerator's plug from one receptacle to the other and check to see if the light is  on in the fridge while on inverter and of course, it is not. Lots of good information on this thread and I appreciate the time folks have taken to respond to my question. It seems to me the first thing I need to do is a proper test on the receptacle with a meter, easy enough. If there's power at one of the two receptacles while on inverter then its the fridge, if not, then its something up steam. Inverter, CBs, GFIs all of which are just a matter of digging in.

Not to change the course of the thread but as a point of reference, lately I've been digging into the transmission Allison MH3000,  as it hadn't had its 50k mile service, (changing of fluid and filters) that I know of,  and the coach has 55k miles. That is now finished and I have complete confidence, which is a good thing, I can move on. I've had the coach for about 2 years and I purchased it for a retirement gig, which is in 2-5 years. I've been slowly going through the different areas/systems I've identified as problem areas since I've owned it and working them over to a point of satisfaction to me.  I don't believe the coach was properly maintained or used over the course of its life. I find the more I use it, the better the systems function, i.e., it is not made for sitting around for too long.

Moving TV
Brett63
1 hour ago, FishAR said:

I got lucky, the back of the outside tv is behind my curb side couch. When I was putting new tv's in I added a 43 inch tv on the outside tv enclosure on that side. I just threw a splitter on the RG6 and hooked both tv's to it.

I don't have a wal mounted outside TV, but this gave me an idea. I removed my outside tv from the bay. That coax is still there. I could tone it out and find it int he video compartment, then run that one into the cable way up into the slide as it is right under. Will have to look into that if the wireless set up isn't a possiblity.

Dr4Film
Cubflyer
3 hours ago, JDCrow said:

Poly Bushings... I do not know... others may... I thought about that also.. seems that would help the H frame to be more stable, those long trailing link arms multiply the smallest motion at one end into big movement at the other.  I guess there was a reason to make them soooo long, longest I've ever seen..  I also wondered why the pan hard rod is so far from being centered over the axles...

Ken

Help with leak between primary and secondary tank needed
dennisbroad@shaw.ca

Erwin,

I have a 95 Dynasty with exactly the same problem. I to have gone through the air system and come up with the following conclusion. The spring brake relay valve ( the one on the left in your picture) is fed blended air from both the front and rear air tanks. This is to prevent the spring brake from applying if one tank was to loose air pressure. There is a shuttle valve in the sp br relay that achieves this purpose. If you drain the air system, remove the front and rear brake lines from the sp br valve and cap them. Build up air and drain either front or rear tank and see if the other tank holds. These shuttle valves can gum up and stick. 
The valve on the right in your picture is the inversion valve (spring brake modulator valve).

I have the air system schematics for the 96 Dynasty on my other computer that I could send you if required. 
Dennis

Hot water heater help
Tom Wallis

The circled nut is part of the ball valve. The check valve is screwed onto the water heater and the plastic Tee is screwed into it. You will probably have to cut the red hose and replace it. Like Michael Powell said, you'll need a crimp tool in order to get do that.

Refrigerator power ??
Hypoxia
7 hours ago, David Pratt said:

I installed an Energy Star GE refrigerator on a MSW circuit a number of years ago.  In a couple of hours it burned out the evaporator fan motor circuitry which was integral to the fan motor.  I installed a replacement evaporator fan which did not have that energy star circuitry and it was fine.  Did the MSW cause it?  We'll never know for sure.

Hot water heater help
Ivylog
5 hours ago, dleeadkins said:

I believe the nut that I circled will turn and unscrew from the plastic tee

You’re mistaken.

4 hours ago, Corgidad said:

. I may be wrong and will try again holding the valve with vice grips.

You’re not wrong.

tmw188
2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I have friend that has Tyron Bands and he has a problem getting big truck places to R&R his tires. Are there specific Tyron dealers that are only willing to do these?

Help with leak between primary and secondary tank needed
Columbus

Hello Dennis,

Thank you very much for your reply. This could really help me further. The schematics of the air system would be great. Currently I am constantly second guessing the connections and function of components. Please mail me the file(s) at erwin.schreutelkamp@gmail.com

I performed the test today as suggested by Frank to drain the wet tank with the whole system at 120psi. Both the primary and secondary tank loose pressure quickly at the same rate. That would suggest that both one-way check valves between the wet tank and other tanks are stuck open. I'll try and remove one soon to see if it's working. I have to tread carefully as I can not buy any parts here. Everything has to be shipped from the US. Very time consuming and also expensive (cost of every part is at least trippled). Thank you both so far and I will keep posting my findings!

Erwin

Hot water heater help
Ivylog
5 hours ago, Corgidad said:

.Double pist

Hot water heater help
Rikadoo

My valve started to leak and due to its location the only way to disassemble mine was to remove the entire hot water heater. And FYI i checked all my friends, tried to rent the tool, it was a total dead end! I finally found what i needed at Lowes, there i bought the clamps, old clamp removing tool, and the installer for about $100., i carry them with me now. Oh i can share a lesson i learned, when you try to cut off the old clamp with some type of saw… be carefull you DO NOT nick the sealing barb thats machined on the brass fitting🤦‍♂️ Depending on how deep the nick is that fitting will leak😖65BAD1FE-2A6F-4557-9511-9049DBA0E8E8.thumb.jpeg.2ceaf9a4348878cf7d17e8628609e226.jpegAC3F8523-F5B2-4BD8-9904-B546248555D1.thumb.jpeg.ee97f94a48b2c775607a1760644912a2.jpeg409619B8-1C35-4C6A-8EF3-C10120BFB741.thumb.jpeg.99df413439a18349ecc378da5fc59c69.jpeg

Hot water heater help
Tom Wallis

Sorry if I didn't explain well. The bypass valve with the circled nut will unscrew from from the Tee only not where it's located. You would have to turn the whole bypass valve and there's not room to do that where is.

After removing the red hose you'll be able to rotate the bypass valve and the Tee together and unscrew the Tee from the check valve behind it in the tank. It's a good idea to replace the check valve while you have everything apart because they do clog up and go bad and then you'll have no hot water.

When you have the new Tee screw it back into the bypass valve and reverse the process. It's best to get a new piece of the red pex house and the proper clamps. That hose is very stiff so when you're tightening the Tee bypass assembly into the check valve stop just a bit short of where it should stop. That way you can put one end of the red hose on the bottom and have room to align the hose an nipple at the at the top before you turn the threads in the Tee the last little bit.

I hope this is helpful.

Dr4Film

There are some places that know how to deal with Tyron bands. However, I carry an emergency roadside Tyron removal/installation Spider Kit that I have used when truck places have no idea how to deal with the bands. They mount the tire then I install the tyron band into the wheel. They inflate the tire and mount it back onto the coach.

https://www.tyron-usa.com/portfolio-3-column/

Hot water heater help
Ray Davis
7 hours ago, dleeadkins said:

I believe the nut that I circled will turn and unscrew from the plastic tee.

34FB810C-E7EE-4E23-B316-11F37A68BEB1.jpeg

The red hose has been spliced already in the middle,   makes me think the valve, T, and all has been off before.   Anyway that looks like the secret rotate the T and everything attached to it until it all is loose.

tmw188

Thank you for the info and the link, I’ll pass it on. 

Hot water heater help
Corgidad

Hello everyone and thank you for all the information. The red hose had to come off first in order to remove everything else ( had to cut it and make a new one and it had to be installed last), it was never spliced as I have owned the coach from day 1 ( I ordered it straight from the factory as I had a lot of the interior changed) so it was installed like that from the factory. Once I cut the red hose everything was quick and easy. Again a big thank you to everyone who took the time to post, it was all very helpful.

Splendide Washer
tmw188
On 11/2/2021 at 8:05 AM, Dr4Film said:

Here is the manual that I have and use. Page 13 is the chapter on how to winterize.

Splendide 2000 Manual.pdf 650.17 kB · 10 downloads

BTW that pdf manual is for my model washer!

Refrigerator power ??
Ivylog

If you’re a amp counter. boondocker, a motor looses approx 10% efficiency powered by a MSW inverter. Instead of 8 amps DC (96 Watts) on a PSW inverter, a refrigerator on MSW power would draw 9 amps. Not that big a deal considering mine only runs 8-10 hours/day…a 10AH increase.

vanwill52
7 hours ago, JDCrow said:

There is the ATRO brand steel-cased hard polyurethane bushing.  They do not sell direct, so you have to buy them through a dealer.

https://www.atrobushing.com/ProductListFilter?mMfg1ID=75

I have installed several sets of these.  They are a HUGE improvement over the older (1999 and previous) two-piece solid polyurethane collared bushings.  They are a small improvement over the later version steel-cased bushing.

Unless you have the older two-piece solid polyurethane bushing, a Watts link in the front and X-bars in the rear will yield much greater results.  If it was possible to install X-bars in the front, they would do a better job than the Watts link.

Gary 05 AMB DST
1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

There are some places that know how to deal with Tyron bands. However, I carry an emergency roadside Tyron removal/installation Spider Kit that I have used when truck places have no idea how to deal with the bands. They mount the tire then I install the tyron band into the wheel. They inflate the tire and mount it back onto the coach.

https://www.tyron-usa.com/portfolio-3-column/

That was my next question on the run-flat items. Thanks.

Gary 05 AMB DST

JDCrow
1 hour ago, vanwill52 said:

There is the ATRO brand steel-cased hard polyurethane bushing.  They do not sell direct, so you have to buy them through a dealer.

https://www.atrobushing.com/ProductListFilter?mMfg1ID=75

I have installed several sets of these.  They are a HUGE improvement over the older (1999 and previous) two-piece solid polyurethane collared bushings.  They are a small improvement over the later version steel-cased bushing.

Unless you have the older two-piece solid polyurethane bushing, a Watts link in the front and X-bars in the rear will yield much greater results.  If it was possible to install X-bars in the front, they would do a better job than the Watts link.

So what’s in there now is already poly and not rubber? After 20 years do they wear out? 

What about the bushings in the panhard rods? 

Moving TV
Oregon04Windsor

You must be reading my mind.  My wife are enjoying a few days off on the Oregon coast and I had just suggested that we swap out our uncomfortable sofa for recliners and put a TV lift behind the j-lounger!  Fortunately we don't have a slide to contend with so it should be relatively easy.

JDCrow

Today felt a little looser. The 2 lanes roads were rough to keep it straight. 

The interstate was great at 55-65, until a truck passed. They blew me off the road. 

I think she is leaning a bit today, to the passenger side.

Will be home tomorrow, I’ll unhitch the toad at the scale down the street and get each corner weighed for tire pressure 

Refrigerator power ??
Chuck B 2004 Windsor

This is definitely a not one size fits all situation.

vanwill52
30 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

So what’s in there now is already poly and not rubber? After 20 years do they wear out? 

What about the bushings in the panhard rods? 

Although I have seen only one of the later-style bushings go bad, the early-style two-piece ones were "worn out" the day they were installed.  On your 2002, it is unlikely that you have bad bushings.  Bushings in the trailing arms and Panhard rod are exactly the same.

Using a Hybrid Inverter with Intellitec EMS
JohnC3
On 10/31/2021 at 4:42 PM, waterskier_1 said:

I just realized that I didn't fully answer your question.  IF you were to rewire one AC to the inverter it MIGHT be able to handle it and the microwave at the same time - the AC is over 15 amps, that's why it's on a 20 amp breaker, but lets go with your figures.  15 Amps(1800 Watts) for the AC and 12 Amps (1440 Watts) for the microwave and you are already way over the capacity of the inverter which is 2400 Watts.  If you want to run 2 AC 3600 Watts), the microwave (1800 Watts), a TV (360 Watts), the dryer (~ 1800 Watts), and a base load of 600 Watts (I think that is low for water pump, lights, safety equipment, but I'll use your figures).  This is 8160 Watts!  Or 68 Amps!  Note that the 50 Amp Shore Power is really 220 VAC @ 50 so you have two 50 Amp 120 Legs.  The inverter does not.  That would require at least three of the inverters you have.  I'm not even discussing the batteries, because I think you will realize that this is not really as easy at you might have thought.  If you were going to do this, then you should run everything through inverter(s), would require 12.K Watt inverter.  The largest MultiPlus 2 Inverter is 10K VA or 8K Watts.  If you are even considering this, you will need to go to at least 24 Volt and more realistic 48 Volt system for the battery storage.  You'd be looking at over 700 Amps draw @ 12 Volts, and the losses at that current would be tremendous.  

Rick,

Thank you for your clear and knowledgeable responses. I would like to clarify my current and proposed setup.

Partial present power flow:

Shore/Genset->Auto Switch->Main Panel

Main Panel 30A Inverter Breaker-> Magnum ME2012 Inverter.

Inverter has (2) 20A popup breakers that feed 1) Microwave, 2) Inverter supported outlets.

Proposed Changes for Multiplus II 2x120 Inverter:

1)      6/3 line from Auto Switch to Main panel will be now go from (AC out) of Multiplus II to feed Main Panel.

2)      New 6/3 line will be run from Auto Switch to (AC in) of Multiplus II

3)      Two loads that were on ME2012 inverter (microwave and outlets) will have new breakers in the main panel. These breakers will take the place of the 30A inverter breaker (using ½ size 20A dual breaker). There will be a junction box in the inverter bay and two new 12/2 lines run to the main panel to connect to the two loads.

4)      Since the inverter will be increasing in size from 2000VA to 3000VA, a 2nd 4/0 12V cable will be run from the batteries to the inverter. This is to meet the Victron recommendations that two 4/0 12v power cables be used if the batteries are > 15ft from the inverter.

New Power Flow

Shore/Genset-> Auto Switch->Multiplex II

Multiplex II -> Main Panel feeding all 120v loads.

Hoped for results:

Since all power will be running through the Victron Multiplus II 2x120 inverter. The following power assist should be possible:

30A Shore + 25A Load Assist = 55A total possible supported load with a battery draw of about 288A

20A Shore + 25A Load Assist = 45A total possible supported load with a battery draw of about 288A

50A Shore or Genset would require no load assist. It would work in pass-through mode with the inverter.

What would I expect to run:

With 30A Shore, I should be able to run Base load (5A), two Air Conditioners (30A), Microwave or Washer/Dryer (13A) but not both for a total of 48As. I would need to pay attention to the loads and only run what would fit in my power profile.

Issue I was Concerned about:

Since all power runs through the inverter, when the inverter gets shore power < 50A, both Legs are the same phase. My understanding is the Intelletic 750 uses this (L1 and L2 in phase and no 12v signal from the Genset) to determine the need for Load monitoring and maybe sheading. So in this situation, I would have (with a 30A shore connection) the load assist inverter able to provide up to 55A total 120 power, but the Intellitec will begin disabling loads when the power exceeds 30A.

My solution to this was to make the Intellitec think it was running on Genset; then the Intellitec would not shed below 66A 120V. I would do this by providing power to pin 2 on the Intellitec control panel. I am still working out the fine details, but want to have a switch to force the Genset mode, when the inverter is on. I would turn this on when I was on 30A or 20A Shore power.

Possible issues: I will be relying on the Multiplus II’s ability to limit output. So if I draw too much power, the inverter might shut down, with the possibility of voltage spikes, etc. (Not sure how well the Multiplus II handles an overload situation).

I would welcome comment on this proposed setup.

Thanks for your time.

John Crowder

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.