Electric power chord reel

I believe the motor for the power chord reel is bad. The chord retracted slowly and the motor smelled hot. Got the chord in an have not used since. It appears that the plumbing manifold would have to be moved in order to access the power reel. Wondering if any one has done this and would appreciate input. Thanks

All the basement vertical sidewall panels in the basement can be removed. Fasteners usually located at the corners and there may be more. I refastened them in place with Black Velcro.  I also had several that were in tracks, and could be moved by hand.

Edited by Paul A.

My thanks to Paul A. There are sliding panels in the basement area to the left of my service center which is a big help. Even have access to Amtrol tank to check air pressure only to find out the bladder is bad. Will have to replace tank. Still trying to get motor off of chord reel very tight in there. Thanks

no I did not require a new motor, My symptoms were the reel did not retract, but you could hear the motor running. Also the switch was not operating smoothly but only needed a little lube. Getting the assembly out was hard, getting it back in was really hard. Shoreline Reel model RV5036, that was my model number. There is one person that makes a repair kit for the reel. I was thrilled to find him as the price of a new one is pretty expensive and much more intensive to completely replace.

I have a 2004 Monaco Windsor and on my first run out I forgot to unplug the cable from the campground supply box.  I called Monaco who told me it would be $1800 to replace the reel plus labor.  So I called the manufacture and explain what I had done.  He told me not to feel bad because that happens to the motor home manufactures all the time as the techs always forget to unplug.  He the manufacture of the reel told me for $125.00 he would send me a new one and to send him back the damaged one at no cost to me. It only took me 40 minutes to install the new on.  Do you think Monaco was making any money?

Gerald is this something you did recently? I think that’s a good deal. I will have to see who makes mine and check it out.

Don

So mine is working but I have to shove it in to keep it going. I’m not sure if it’s the reel are if it’s the motor. I thought the motor would be easy to start with. I was wondering what the best way to troubleshoot it would be?