Coach Paint job

JDCrow

Our Dip is 1/4 paint and 3/4 white gel coat and stickers, that are faded, and nasty 

A Full Wrap is $6500+ and only good for 7 years max 

I stumbled across more than a few different Coach forums and this place seems not only highly recommended, and budget friendly.

https://m.facebook.com/navarrosdobyshop

They have multiple picture builds.

Anyone here use them?

Edited by JDCrow
Spelling checker

The ones that I have read were around the $8000 range.

The one place that would read the most about Navarro Bros Paint Shop would be at the iRv2.com forum.

You could go there and do a search for threads about them.

Edited by Dr4Film

49 minutes ago, BobSchmeck said:

$5000 TO $8000, Were? All the quotes that I have gotten for my 38ft is $28,000 to $30,000 

Three to 4 colors.  

Right now I'm looking at Mexico.  

On forums for the shop in Mexico, not American shops. Click the link in my first post 

Most threads are older, so I was hoping someone here has been there recently 

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/painting-at-navarro-bros-los-algodones-255734.html

Edited by JDCrow

20 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

On forums for the shop in Mexico, not American shops. Click the link in my first post 

Most threads are older, so I was hoping someone here has been there recently 

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/painting-at-navarro-bros-los-algodones-255734.html

Yes, I will be seeing a gentleman soon who had it done there.  We are scheduled for February to get ours done. $14,000.

2 minutes ago, BobSchmeck said:

Yes, I will be seeing a gentleman soon who had it done there.  We are scheduled for February to get ours done. $14,000.

That’s what I needed to know. What’s the process now? 

Edited by JDCrow

19 minutes ago, BobSchmeck said:

Well learn a little more in the next week.  He deals in cash. No credit card or checks.  He had 1 slot open in November. And one in February.  After that I believe he was open.  

Will keep you informed as I learn.  

Awesome. I need first hand to convince the misses this is the way to go. 

We haven't used them, but did get a quote around January of this year.. They preferred to do full paint. That and their being further west were the reason we didn't use them. We only needed clear coat repair around the top radius and touchups for a total of $2500. 

I believe if memory holds that at the time they quoted us 12-15K for full pain all inclusive. They come highly recommended.

John

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis
11 hours ago, BobSchmeck said:

He deals in cash. No credit card or checks

I understand he will meet you on this side of the border to inspect and quote a price.  Then you drive it to Algodones to his shop.   All of that seems ok, but crossing the border with $10 to $15 thousand cash is a little scary.  Does anyone know how the money thing is handled?  

3 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

I understand he will meet you on this side of the border to inspect and quote a price.  Then you drive it to Algodones to his shop.   All of that seems ok, but crossing the border with $10 to $15 thousand cash is a little scary.  Does anyone know how the money thing is handled?  

Just talked to a gentleman who had his done 2 yrs ago.  Payment cash, they picked him up on the American side. He paid 1/2 at that point then Navarro drove him to his shop looked over the coach then paid the rest. That information helped my comfort level a lot. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JohnC3 said:

We haven't used them, but did get a quote around January of this year.. They preferred to do full paint. That and their being further west were the reason we didn't use them. We only needed clear coat repair around the top radius and touchups for a total of $2500. 

I believe if memory holds that at the time they quoted us 12-15K for full pain all inclusive. They come highly recommended.

John

John,
I'm in VA, and my Dynasty has some peeling clearcoat on the front and rear caps.  Everything else is still in good shape.
Were they able to repair just the clearcoat without getting into the basecoats?

Where did you get the repairs done, and are you happy with the results?

Thanks,
David

On 11/4/2021 at 10:28 AM, JDCrow said:

I don’t know recently, but posts claimed for big coaches (38-40) in the $5000-$6500 range, Full body paint 

If you can get a quality full body paint job for that price, I'd jump on it!  I suspect that the paint alone will be close that that, not including labor, for quality paint and clear coat.

I have a friend that had his coach painted at Navarro 2 years ago.  He went around all the coaches parked at Quartzsite for the Big RV Show, and he and his wife found a paint job (colors and graphics) that they fell in love with.  It was not a Monaco (I think it was a Tiffin, but I'm not really sure).  They took lots of pictures, from all angles, and took those to Navarro's and asked if that could be painted on their coach.  They were looking for full paint job, meaning starting with the base colors, not just sanding down and re-clear coating.  The cost was insignificantly more.  I was amazed how Navarro's was able to properly scale the graphics, and match the colors from just (very good quality) pictures.  Their work is quite good.  This was before Covid hit.  Not only is the labor rate mush less in Mexico, they don't have the EPA regulations down their.  This allows them to work cheaper (less hours) and they don't have the costly regulations regarding the type of paint and what's in it, how the fumes must be captured and disposed of, etc.  I'm not making this an issue about the validity of the EPA Regs, only explaining how they can do the job so much cheaper in Mexico.  They are just across the border from Yuma, AZ.  The main problem is the streets to get there, through the border crossing are very tight.  I know someone who scraped the side of their newly painted mini-van by not being very careful.  Don't be rushed and take it slowly.  At that time, Navarro would meet in the USA to inspect the coach and give an estimate, but I'm not sure they are doing that now.  Their reputation is so good that it's hard to get a time slot to get the job done.  If/when I decide to paint my coach, I'll likely use them. 

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis

I haven't been to Navarro's shop but I have been to Algodones and yes the passage through the border is crazy tight,  I can't see me driving my coach through.

Somewhere I read that you should cross at I believe it is Summerton,  it's just a few miles not far at all.  Summerton is a real crossing that can handle trucks so                    navigating RVs through should be easy enough.

13 minutes ago, Hypoxia said:

Do not carry more than $10,000.00 across the border, that's the law & has stiff penalties.

Good point,  I hardly ever have that much on me anyway.  😏

Correction,  I never have that much on me. 🤑

Here's a little more that I have learned.  Going in its through Algodones. Tight yes, but not any worse than old Town Durango during construction.  One person went alongside incase they had to lift some wires over the ac units.  When you leave you go south to San Luis and come across there. Leaving from Algodones just ain't going to happen. A good part of the road to San Luis is also no picnick. Very narrow & ruff. Just plan on doing no more than about 25 mph. Till you get to the highway.  Talked to 2 people both have have said they would do it again. 

Keep in mind 90% of the work in that town comes from America's & Canadian's. (Dental, glasses &  prescriptions) The people in that part of Mexico protects the people who bring their money down there.  The last thing they want is a bad unsafe reputation.

February here we come.  

Dang, forgot. 

Don't forget to get Mexico auto insurance.,  (you only need it from the border to Navarro's and then again to get back across the border) & don't have a large trailer painted the same time as the M/H.  You will get your self in a jam on the way back. But you will have a great story to tell. 

NO GUNS OR AMMO! 

A friend went across and on the way back they looked really close and found 1, 22 bullet.  Good thing she was female. It took about 2 hrs longer to get back talking her way out of that one.