Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/596-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Wireless HDMI adapters
Steven P
Electric power chord reel
RS lakeshore
Jdw12345
Refrigerator power ??
saflyer
Days lost to weather
JDCrow
Days lost to weather
96 EVO
Donflem
Days lost to weather
FishAR
Paul A.
Slide adjust
Donflem
Front flat tire protection
Paul A.
Days lost to weather
Scott 61
Coach Paint job
JDCrow
Days lost to weather
JDCrow
Coach Paint job
Corkman
Coach Paint job
Dr4Film
Moving TV
Paul A.
Coach Paint job
JDCrow
Rick A
Days lost to weather
Ron Jones
Refrigerator power ??
CTerry
Coach Paint job
Dr4Film
Refrigerator power ??
Dr4Film
Refrigerator power ??
Ivylog
Days lost to weather
Ivylog
Days lost to weather
Land Lubber
Refrigerator power ??
Ivan K
Days lost to weather
Ivan K
Refrigerator power ??
David Pratt
Refrigerator power ??
Ivylog
Refrigerator power ??
Ivan K
Refrigerator power ??
96 EVO
Refrigerator power ??
Dr4Film
Ray Davis
Slide adjust
Gary M

Wireless HDMI adapters
Steven P

@bgfleckthese look good, but they start from a HDMI port on the output side.  I could probably set up a splitter to make it happen, but am not sure.   Thank you.  Good website BTW.

Need help for continuing to modify Suspension
Ray Davis
9 hours ago, vanwill52 said:

Although I have seen only one of the later-style bushings go bad, the early-style two-piece ones were "worn out" the day they were installed.  On your 2002, it is unlikely that you have bad bushings.  Bushings in the trailing arms and Panhard rod are exactly the same.

Van,  could you see when the bushings were bad or was it necessary to disconnect the pan hard or trailing arms so you could move them back & forth.  Do the bushings slowly get loose or are they more likely to fall apart?

vanwill52
Just now, Ray Davis said:

Van,  could you see when the bushings were bad or was it necessary to disconnect the pan hard or trailing arms so you could move them back & forth.  Do the bushings slowly get loose or are they more likely to fall apart?

On the only one of the later style that I saw bad, it had become so bad that it was obvious--the Panhard rod was sloppy at one end.  For the early two-piece style, they simply need to be replaced with the later version, or better yet, with the ATRO version.

HWH air leveling part #’s for pressure switches and solenoids for a 2002 Monaco Signature 40
veraken

Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped others on this forum and I am sure he can help you.

HWH air leveling part #’s for pressure switches and solenoids for a 2002 Monaco Signature 40
Corkman

I attempted to contact Paul a couple times and he never responded back.

Update: Just talked to Paul, so he is back on line.

Ray Davis
29 minutes ago, vanwill52 said:

On the only one of the later style that I saw bad, it had become so bad that it was obvious--the Panhard rod was sloppy at one end.  For the early two-piece style, they simply need to be replaced with the later version, or better yet, with the ATRO version.

Ok thanks.

RS lakeshore

I believe the motor for the power chord reel is bad. The chord retracted slowly and the motor smelled hot. Got the chord in an have not used since. It appears that the plumbing manifold would have to be moved in order to access the power reel. Wondering if any one has done this and would appreciate input. Thanks

Maintenance Session Opportunity For Friends
saflyer
On 5/17/2021 at 3:38 PM, throgmartin said:

Almost all of the Super C's are made on Freightliner chassis's with a freightliner truck front end. Many of the C class RV's are on Ford chassis's, typically F-350 or 450's. The Super C's are much bigger. There are some out there that have a to rating much higher then our Monaco coaches. Nexus makes their Ghost model with a tow capacity and hitch rating of 20,000 lbs. Some of the Super C's are very nice inside and I have seen some with luxury interiors that were very well appointed. I believe there are 2 companies that custom build Super C's and the majority of their customers are race teams or horse people. 

Here is a Nexus Ghost:   https://www.nexusrv.com/check-our-rv-coach-motorhome-dealership-motorhomes--ghost

Am I right that some Super C’s have pass through basement storage? 
Ed           
‘05 HR Ambassador

Jdw12345

On my 05 Dynasty you can access the back of the power cord drum/recoil from and access panel in the bay ahead of it, that access panel is also for the Aqua Hot, yours certainly could be different. 

Hypoxia
1 hour ago, vanwill52 said:

If you decide on ATRO it is a good idea to call them to see about availability before ordering from one of their vendors as they are normally drop shipped.  When I needed them they were not available for a few weeks but they can tell you their stock and/or ETA.  I installed a mixture of ATRO and Monaco bushings due to that.  FWIW I got the Monaco ones from Veurinks in Grand Rapids, MI.

ATRO MO10000

Monaco Bushing

JDCrow
8 minutes ago, Hypoxia said:

If you decide on ATRO it is a good idea to call them to see about availability before ordering from one of their vendors as they are normally drop shipped.  When I needed them they were not available for a few weeks but they can tell you their stock and/or ETA.  I installed a mixture of ATRO and Monaco bushings due to that.  FWIW I got the Monaco ones from Veurinks in Grand Rapids, MI.

Good morn, what prompted you to replace your bushings?

Refrigerator power ??
saflyer
On 11/2/2021 at 2:09 PM, Dr4Film said:

I have run my Samsung RF-197 residential fridge on a MSW Inverter for the past 9 years and it hasn't missed a beat.

Disclaimer - not all fridges will run OK on a MSW Inverter but they will run on a PSW Inverter.

The only two brands that I know will run fine using a MSW Inverter is Samsung and Fisher-Paykel.

My Whirlpool has run fine on the ME-2012 MSW inverter for a few years.

Ed         
‘05 HR Ambassador 

On 11/3/2021 at 6:15 AM, Steven P said:

Like others above,  I have 2 receptacles behind the fridge and one is powered by the inverter.  If my GFCI in the bathroom trips, the fridge and some other outlets stop working, but my microwave still works.  Nick, if you have the old style outlets (see pic), you may want to change them out w a new one.   My GE fridge has been working fine for over a year on my MSW inverter. 

20211023_104931.jpg

That’s a new one on me, “old style outlets”. Please give me more information on the issue.

Ed         
‘05 HR Ambassador 

On 11/3/2021 at 7:30 AM, jacwjames said:

Above sounds simple but took me ~4-5 days to figure out what was wrong and how to fix. 

You’re a better man than I am, Ganga Din. Doesn’t sound simple at all.

BTW, I thought the inverter plug was for the refrigerator itself and the shore power/generator one  was for the ice make because it draws so much current. Am I wrong.

Ed       
‘05 HR Ambassador 

Hypoxia
4 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

Good morn, what prompted you to replace your bushings?

Apparently a previous owner had some work done by some Goober as the photos show.  The motion that "repair" allowed wore the bushings out.  It drives a lot better now.

I originally thought it was done at the factory but realize it couldn't have happened there.

https://www.monacoers.org/topic/351-2007-signature-s-chassis-welds-failed-photos/#comment-3052

jjroxus

I had correspondence pending with him about two weeks ago and haven't heard back from him.  Hope he is OK!

Days lost to weather
JDCrow

Just out of curiosity, how many days, and the stories has everyone lost to the weather? One of the main reasons we bought a Motorhome was the ability with the genset to just pull over anywhere and be able to hang out. Today looks like a no go for us. Our last leg to get home 1DA1DEB2-35BB-420B-B40C-563BF7F1FD82.thumb.jpeg.b03f657020db9be10daee0ee33629a6d.jpeg

Days lost to weather
96 EVO

I haven't "yet" holed up due to weather, but the day my patio awning turned into a spinnaker, I wish I had!

Donflem

On my 07 dynasty platinum you can get at it from the access panel.

Days lost to weather
FishAR

I've been lucky I guess. This is the first year with the motorhome but in 5 years going to Florida with travel trailers and a fifth wheel I haven't missed a travel day yet.

The first year on the way home with a travel trailer (we only went 3 weeks that year) got hit with an ice storm in Murfreesboro TN and wanted to pull over but semis had every ramp and rest area filled up so kept soldiering on in 4 wheel drive. Going 40 mph on interstate, cars in ditch at every bridge, wife telling me "You're going to get run over from behind". I said Well I prefer that to jack knife or hitting something with my front, sometimes we could barely see.

I still get chills thinking about it.

Paul A.

All the basement vertical sidewall panels in the basement can be removed. Fasteners usually located at the corners and there may be more. I refastened them in place with Black Velcro.  I also had several that were in tracks, and could be moved by hand.

Slide adjust
Donflem

On my  passenger side rear slide it seems to be hanging down a little too much. I was wondering if anybody knew how to adjust that on my 07 Dynasty? I also have problems with my  Front slide  on the driver side stickes up too much when I have the slide in . I haven’t done any research yet but I thought I would reach out to the group 1st thanks in advance.

Don

Paul A.

Here is a link to another product.  https://www.rettroband.com/  

They BOTH have earned thier respective reputations. 

Days lost to weather
Scott 61

I use an app call (highway whether) you can put a start & end point in and it will give you the weather & wind Speed along your route

Coach Paint job
JDCrow

Our Dip is 1/4 paint and 3/4 white gel coat and stickers, that are faded, and nasty 

A Full Wrap is $6500+ and only good for 7 years max 

I stumbled across more than a few different Coach forums and this place seems not only highly recommended, and budget friendly.

https://m.facebook.com/navarrosdobyshop

They have multiple picture builds.

Anyone here use them?

Days lost to weather
JDCrow
2 minutes ago, Scott 61 said:

I use an app call (highway whether) you can put a start & end point in and it will give you the weather & wind Speed along your route

Awesome, I’ll look into it. Have you adjusted your route due to weather? Apple Maps will put the Noah warnings up for the route you punch in.70FA09A5-4648-4ABC-8F17-C18982492C30.thumb.jpeg.e220271bc2e477a6fbe7afa3ea5f253a.jpeg

Coach Paint job
Corkman

What are their prices roughly

Coach Paint job
Dr4Film

If I wanted to have my 2002 Windsor painted that's the place I would go to have it done. I have read multiple reviews where everyone has been very pleased with the results and the cost.

Moving TV
Paul A.
On 11/3/2021 at 9:08 AM, Brett63 said:

Has anyone moved their TV from overhead and put it behind the couch on passenger side on a televator, in a slide)

We want to move our TV and make it a televator lift TV behind the couch. The move isn't a big deal, but I can't figure out how to get the cable and HDMI cable over to it. Our receiver and audio/video equipment is in a cabinet right above the passenger seat. 

I can't come up with a good way to get the cables in the slide, any ideas?

09 Signature Cambridge IV

WE used a power track under this basement tray that we built the entertainment center on. Along with the 110 power for the Tv. DVD player, and the 80# combo freezer/fridge which was also 12V. 

That border trim around the slide is held on with 4" Black Velcro. Tough to get off, but it can be done.

20007 Exec Exterior 015.JPG

20007 Exec Exterior 016.JPG

20007 Exec Exterior 017.JPG

20007 Exec Exterior 014.JPG

Coach Paint job
JDCrow
29 minutes ago, Corkman said:

What are their prices roughly

I don’t know recently, but posts claimed for big coaches (38-40) in the $5000-$6500 range, Full body paint 

Rick A

In my 06 Monaco I had to remove the whole overhead panel in the water closet. That involved a lot of plumbing and maneuver. 

replacement motor for older Carefree Windshield Power Visor?
StellaTariche

Hi All,

My driver's side power windshield shade died (swollen motor casing, so I assume *really* dead).  Originally made my Carefree Of Colorado - think it was called the power visor.  The old model with the ends that would break off.

Anyone know where to get a replacement motor?  (Carefree does NOT have any).  Motor is on the RIGHT hand side looking out the windshield.

Thanks,

- John

Days lost to weather
Ron Jones

We have spent some pretty “bad” times in our MH during storms but nothing compared with what’s shown in your screen shot. We have fulltimed for 18 years, travelled extensively in 49 states and all ten Canadian provinces and one of their territories. We have evacuated two times based on tornado warnings (sirens) in Tennessee. Both times we were in a city-owned campground and spent a few hours in their cement-block bathhouse before being “released” and returning to our MH

We were “chased” up the East Coast (years ago) by a hurricane. We would drive about 300 miles up the coast during the day and the storm sort of “followed” us every night. We did this from Florida to New Hampshire.

We were boondocking one night, the lot was big and almost empty. High winds hit. I moved the coach so it was pointed into the wind and we spent the night.

We have spend many nights with ALL four slides IN to help save the slide-toppers and to be able to drive away faster. So far, so good.

With all that, neither of us has ever wanted to “test” being in our coach during a hurricane or tornado or even super-high winds. It just doesn’t make sense (to me) to do that. If I was in the area covered by your “warning,” I would move (if possible). These units are not tied down. Although, on the TV news, when they do show damage to an RV park, it seems there are more 5th wheels and travel trailers on their sides than motorhomes. 

Good luck.

Refrigerator power ??
CTerry

My Samsung quit working one day after several years of no problems. Checked all the circuit breakers and other simple stuff. Was worried it was a Samsung problem. Just to be sure and rule out a refrigerator problem I unplugged it and plugged it into an extension cord direct to the power pedestal in the park. Refrigerator working fine. Checked plug itself. That was the problem. Plug just quit working. Replaced it with a heavy duty plug wired up the same way. Been OK for several years now. Old plug had cheap and fast connectors where you just pressed wires into a blade kind of thing. Had gotten loose and hot enough to cause failure. 

replacement motor for older Carefree Windshield Power Visor?
vito.a

Our passenger side shade died last year.  Carefree does not sell replacement motors.  I had to purchase a new shade.  PPL Motor home parts had the best price.  

Link to the passenger side shade.

Carefree Power Smartvisor on Sale | 25-9010 | by PPL (pplmotorhomes.com)

The PPL part number is 25-9010 and the Carefree part number is YS043QA36R-RP. It is 43" wide and extends 36". 

Coach Paint job
Dr4Film

The ones that I have read were around the $8000 range.

The one place that would read the most about Navarro Bros Paint Shop would be at the iRv2.com forum.

You could go there and do a search for threads about them.

Refrigerator power ??
Dr4Film

Those receptacles are JUNK and are very susceptible to road travel and vibration.

Refrigerator power ??
Ivylog
3 hours ago, saflyer said:

I thought the inverter plug was for the refrigerator itself and the shore power/generator one  was for the ice make because it draws so much current. Am I wrong.

My understanding is that the ice maker is on the inverter (04 Dynasty was that way) so it would make ice going down the road while on propane. Takes fewer amps to harvest the ice than to power the heaters.

Days lost to weather
Ivylog

In 20 years we have NOT stayed put because of weather…yet. Did spin one evening in Amarillo ready to move, watching the local TV station track a tornado that crossed the interstate, 10 miles away.

The Zoom Weather app let me shoot the gap between two very large, hot thunderstorms near North Platt, Nebraska one evening. We had 5 seconds of heavy rain, but clear sailing after that.

Days lost to weather
Land Lubber

We spent three months traveling the OR & WA coasts, July, Aug, & Sep, without any weather issues. Sure, we had some occasional rain but it didn't bother us. Much of the country is in need of rain so when it comes people are happy to get it. I understand that other parts of the country get significantly more wind & rain but we choose to travel to those areas. Being that it is fall, we expect the weather to make us change our plans at times. Ol' man winter is coming soon so we have to expect colder & windy conditions at times.

Refrigerator power ??
Ivan K
33 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

My understanding is that the ice maker is on the inverter (04 Dynasty was that way) so it would make ice going down the road while on propane. Takes fewer amps to harvest the ice than to power the heaters.

Both of our receptacles behind fridge get power through inverter, whether pass-through or inverted. Makes no difference where icemaker is plugged in and we always turn it off while traveling to prevent water splashing anyway. 

Days lost to weather
Ivan K

Forecast of this happening made us run from east of Amarillo to sunny Arizona and wait the Texas spring storms out.

2020-05-26_12-45-34_000.jpg

Refrigerator power ??
David Pratt

Well Ivan

Not true. The receptacle that works off the inverter is a pass thru circuit from the inverter and switches over to the inverter when there is no AC present  (Shore Power or Generator Power off or disconnected.)

The other receptacle had power only if the coach is plugged into shore power or the generator is running..

I have not been aware of any coach that has an absorption refrigerator that was wired differently. It is an RVIA standard.

Convert Batwing antenna to hold a wifi/ cellular antenna.
BigNick

Hi Bob, I don't have the directional tv antenna, there's a stationary omni directional up there and way to rig this to work with that?

Refrigerator power ??
Ivylog
1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

Both of our receptacles behind fridge get power through inverter, whether pass-through or inverted

Why have 2 outlets???

Refrigerator power ??
Ivan K

Maybe my terminology was wrong? Receptacle vs. Plug? Not sure. I have 2 plugs in one box, just as any other inside the coach. Just like on the chart below. That is the only box back there. I went to it and tested it just to confirm my memory is still somewhat functional. With Shore Power I get 124v in both, with shore off I get 96v in both, which is what my meter reads with modified wave. Just like my chart shows, powered from the inverter with either pass through shore AC or inverted modified wave if unplugged from shore. Makes more sense?

20211104_162212.jpg

Ivan K

Just for chuckle,  I carry a portable setup that got me wifi signal from distant ranger stations in complicated terrain with dead spots, it works.

20210524_141515.jpg

Bob Jones
1 hour ago, BigNick said:

Hi Bob, I don't have the directional tv antenna, there's a stationary omni directional up there and way to rig this to work with that?

I'd have to see a picture to get a good idea of what you're working with. What makes the dish ideal is it's high gain but that makes it directional. So you have to be able to turn it to tune in the signal for best performance. Being able to change the elevation a bit is a bonus. You can think of it in terms of a shotgun or a sniper rifle. 

But...if there's WiFi out there, it will get it. I saw pricing on batwing antennas the other day from Winegard and they weren't that much. For me, Internet is vital so I'd certainly go as far as installing a batwing to get it. 

Refrigerator power ??
96 EVO

I ran the original Sharp Carousel convection microwave on inverter power (MSW) only a couple of times when I purchased the coach. 

It was 'groaning' pretty good. Never ran it, or it's new replacement on inverter again!

Refrigerator power ??
Dr4Film
1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

Maybe my terminology was wrong? Receptacle vs. Plug? Not sure. I have 2 plugs in one box, just as any other inside the coach. Just like on the chart below. That is the only box back there. I went to it and tested it just to confirm my memory is still somewhat functional. With Shore Power I get 124v in both, with shore off I get 96v in both, which is what my meter reads with modified wave. Just like my chart shows, powered from the inverter with either pass through shore AC or inverted modified wave if unplugged from shore. Makes more sense?

20211104_162212.jpg

Ivan, is your coach an "all electric" coach or did it come from the factory with a residential fridge already installed and not an absorption type RV fridge?

Ray Davis
21 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

That was my next question on the run-flat items. Thanks.

Gary 05 AMB DST

I don't believe that Tyron claims to be run flat,   however Rettroband which is a wider plastic device does make some claim to be run flat.

Slide adjust
Gary M
7 hours ago, Donflem said:

On my  passenger side rear slide it seems to be hanging down a little too much. I was wondering if anybody knew how to adjust that on my 07 Dynasty? I also have problems with my  Front slide  on the driver side stickes up too much when I have the slide in . I haven’t done any research yet but I thought I would reach out to the group 1st thanks in advance.

Don

You might give Talin RV a call! They might be able to direct you to a solution.

352-942-2653

FREE- Used Trace Engineering RV 2012 Inverter/Charger w/RC7-GS Remote
AlanC2

Priced to move quickly!!!!   FREE!  Will not Ship. Must Pick up in BWI area.  I had been looking for an excuse to replace this inverter/charger that came in our 2002 Windsor with a pure sine wave unit. When the inverter side started having issues with AC voltage dropping offline, then coming back, I ordered a new pure sine wave inverter with remote and AGS.  When I went to pull the Trace unit out, I found that one of the "AC Hot Out" wires had worked completely loose in its connector and was the apparent cause of the problem. Also included are the manuals for the two units.  It's a package deal, and I don't have the time, to bother with shipping, so don't even ask.  I'm within 25 miles of BWI airport.  IT"S FREE!!!!!  Price not negotiable. Act quickly before it all goes to the dump.

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST

Refrigerator power ??
Ivan K

Richard, it's not all electric and came with absorption fridge. I understand it may not be to standard but it is what it is and has been this way. There are no other wires going to the box and no other fridge breaker. The fridge will not switch to LP with inverter ON but I don't mind that, I don't use the AU mode. It would work on inverter while driving but we just turn it OFF for the few hours with no problem, to prevent out-of-level situations. I don't drive with LP on, just a personal preference. 

This is in my manual

Screenshot_20211104-190341_Office.thumb.jpg.366d8a9931593c797fce3eb4a8602fde.jpg

BigNick
1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

Just for chuckle,  I carry a portable setup that got me wifi signal from distant ranger stations in complicated terrain with dead spots, it works.

20210524_141515.jpg

Thank you Ivan, pretty fancy, so basically what your doing there is bringing in any parks Wi-Fi (Not mobile data) to a router and that's it. Correct? You run and extension cord out to the router and power it. In your example one could really fancy with it and mount the antenna on some type of tripod correct?

BobSchmeck
21 minutes ago, AlanC2 said:

Priced to move quickly!!!!   FREE!  Will not Ship. Must Pick up in BWI area.  I had been looking for an excuse to replace this inverter/charger that came in our 2002 Windsor with a pure sine wave unit. When the inverter side started having issues with AC voltage dropping offline, then coming back, I ordered a new pure sine wave inverter with remote and AGS.  When I went to pull the Trace unit out, I found that one of the "AC Hot Out" wires had worked completely loose in its connector and was the apparent cause of the problem. Also included are the manuals for the two units.  It's a package deal, and I don't have the time, to bother with shipping, so don't even ask.  I'm within 25 miles of BWI airport.  IT"S FREE!!!!!  Price not negotiable. Act quickly before it all goes to the dump.

AlanC2

2002 Windsor PST

Whats BWI airport?

Coach Paint job
BobSchmeck
7 hours ago, JDCrow said:

I don’t know recently, but posts claimed for big coaches (38-40) in the $5000-$6500 range, Full body paint 

$5000 TO $8000, Were? All the quotes that I have gotten for my 38ft is $28,000 to $30,000 

Three to 4 colors.  

Right now I'm looking at Mexico.  

Ivan K
7 minutes ago, BigNick said:

Thank you Ivan, pretty fancy, so basically what your doing there is bringing in any parks Wi-Fi (Not mobile data) to a router and that's it. Correct? You run and extension cord out to the router and power it. In your example one could really fancy with it and mount the antenna on some type of tripod correct?

Exactly as you say, Nick. You can go as far as your extension cord would reach, around a corner and mount the router/repeater in your view and range. It connects to the directional antenna with an ethernet cable.

Refrigerator power ??
Chuck B 2004 Windsor

In my neck of the woods the receptacle is what you plug a plug into.  It is labeled as such in Richard's drawing.   

Ivan K
1 hour ago, Ray Davis said:

I don't believe that Tyron claims to be run flat,   however Rettroband which is a wider plastic device does make some claim to be run flat.

Run flat inserts. Custom made by Hutchinson Industries. 

2019-05-21_10-27-20_387.jpg

Refrigerator power ??
Dr4Film

Ivan, in the drawing that you posted, if you look closely at the two receptacles, the lower one has hash marks through it which I think was supposed to denote a "non-Inverter" receptacle versus the top one which does not have those hash marks. However, I guess Monaco decided differently when they went to install yours. Plus I find it very interesting that they would recommend in their manual running an absorption fridge using the Inverter versus LPG which is terribly inefficient plus would draw LOTS of amp-hours from the batteries whenever you do a rest stop, lunch stop or do any dry camping at all.

Jdw12345

I believe its Baltimore/Washington area……

Coach Paint job
JDCrow
49 minutes ago, BobSchmeck said:

$5000 TO $8000, Were? All the quotes that I have gotten for my 38ft is $28,000 to $30,000 

Three to 4 colors.  

Right now I'm looking at Mexico.  

On forums for the shop in Mexico, not American shops. Click the link in my first post 

Most threads are older, so I was hoping someone here has been there recently 

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/painting-at-navarro-bros-los-algodones-255734.html

Refrigerator power ??
96 EVO
4 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Ivan, in the drawing that you posted, if you look closely at the two receptacles, the lower one has hash marks through it which I think was supposed to denote a "non-Inverter" receptacle versus the top one which does not have those hash marks.  

That caught my attention as well.

Both of my receptacles behind my fridge 'look' like normal dual receptacles, but each only have one outlet.

Ice maker on inverted circuit, refrigerator element, not. 

Refrigerator power ??
Ivan K
26 minutes ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

In my neck of the woods the receptacle is what you plug a plug into.  It is labeled as such in Richard's drawing.   

That's what I thought too, Chuck. BTW, the pic is from my charts and shows inverter connection.

Refrigerator power ??
Ivylog

Ivan, can you post a picture of the main breaker panel?

The hash marks, mean for me, not used.

Refrigerator power ??
Ivan K
13 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Ivan, in the drawing that you posted, if you look closely at the two receptacles, the lower one has hash marks through it which I think was supposed to denote a "non-Inverter" receptacle versus the top one which does not have those hash marks. However, I guess Monaco decided differently when they went to install yours. Plus I find it very interesting that they would recommend in their manual running an absorption fridge using the Inverter versus LPG which is terribly inefficient plus would draw LOTS of amp-hours from the batteries whenever you do a rest stop, lunch stop or do any dry camping at all.

Agreed, I noticed the markings too but voltage meassurent confirms that both get inverter power. Regardless of the manual, I don't use the fridge on inverted power but it is capable to do it while on the move, not so much stationary. Of course, the icemaker is running when boondocking and causes no problems.

Refrigerator power ??
Chuck B 2004 Windsor

The ice makers in most all the frig's I have seen work off a separate 120 vac power source.  You can purchase them at Lowes and Home Depot.

Coach Paint job
BobSchmeck
20 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

On forums for the shop in Mexico, not American shops. Click the link in my first post 

Most threads are older, so I was hoping someone here has been there recently 

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/painting-at-navarro-bros-los-algodones-255734.html

Yes, I will be seeing a gentleman soon who had it done there.  We are scheduled for February to get ours done. $14,000.

Coach Paint job
JDCrow
2 minutes ago, BobSchmeck said:

Yes, I will be seeing a gentleman soon who had it done there.  We are scheduled for February to get ours done. $14,000.

That’s what I needed to know. What’s the process now? 

Coach Paint job
BobSchmeck
4 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

That’s what I needed to know. What’s the process now? 

Well learn a little more in the next week.  He deals in cash. No credit card or checks.  He had 1 slot open in November. And one in February.  After that I believe he was open.  

Will keep you informed as I learn.  

Refrigerator power ??
96 EVO

Ivan, maybe the electrician wiring your coach decided, this one's not a Snowflake yet 😀

Refrigerator power ??
Ivan K
18 minutes ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

The ice makers in most all the frig's I have seen work off a separate 120 vac power source.  You can purchase them at Lowes and Home Depot.

Correct, I already replaced ours and they seem to be quite universal. 

30 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Ivan, can you post a picture of the main breaker panel?

The hash marks, mean for me, not used.

Dick,

Not sure where my reply went so here it is again. I promise you, both plugs work, get power from inverter and both are in use (fridge and it's icemaker).It's just to show that it is wired differently and others might be too, that's all. I have no complaints. Chart of both breaker boxes attached, hopefully readable. 

20211104_201730.jpg

Dash Vents/Louvers
klcdenver

Looking for the dash vents for my A/C. They are made by a company called Coyote International. I have tried calling but they do not answer phone. Does anyone know of a distributor for their products? Thanks for the help.

Coach Paint job
JDCrow
19 minutes ago, BobSchmeck said:

Well learn a little more in the next week.  He deals in cash. No credit card or checks.  He had 1 slot open in November. And one in February.  After that I believe he was open.  

Will keep you informed as I learn.  

Awesome. I need first hand to convince the misses this is the way to go. 

Dash Vents/Louvers
Gary 05 AMB DST

Look on amazon.

Gary 05 ANB DST

Gary 05 AMB DST

I guess I didn't think this out at the first question. Tyron doesn't claim to be run flat, that was my mistake. Tyron will allow you to keep control and not lose the tire and control, just safely off roadway.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Refrigerator power ??
96 EVO

Your lucky they gave you a AC wiring schematic in your manual!

Nothing like that in mine!

Dash Vents/Louvers
bgfleck

I had some luck with NWRV supply for our dash vents

Coach Paint job
JohnC3

We haven't used them, but did get a quote around January of this year.. They preferred to do full paint. That and their being further west were the reason we didn't use them. We only needed clear coat repair around the top radius and touchups for a total of $2500. 

I believe if memory holds that at the time they quoted us 12-15K for full pain all inclusive. They come highly recommended.

John

Slide adjust
Donflem

Thank you Gary.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.