Can I see your sofa conversions, please?

I looked a couple years ago.  Most Monaco coaches have a 75" couch and Rec Pro does not offer a 75".  

I guess you could try a 70".  You also need to allow space from the wall for the recliner to work.

But then you're stuck with cheap plastic upholstery.  

Edited by vito.a

We were going to do theatre recliners, but opted for the trifold if we had to have an extra bed if one of us got sick. 

We went with recpro, it’s a nice sofa. Because our slide is raised floor, it sits up and we have some blocks for the front to level it.

The recliners in our new Vilano 5vr are the BOMB! The quality is off the chart and they are very comfortable 

BBFA475A-34E2-446D-9AE3-0DB07A00EF69.jpeg

DF8AFB41-3AE6-41B3-90A1-FE4146DE9C67.jpeg

Rec Pro is just ok if your not spending a lot of time on it and if you are under 200lbs. There are just ok. Depending on the side your putting it in figure the window Valance’s too. Make mods on the floor for seat belts if you want them. On my other coach I did that and secured the sofa down. 

We just replaced ours with two wall hugging recliners and absolutely love them vs the old couch.  We lucked out and found a slightly used set out of another RV that matched the color of the other couch and driver’s seats and size was perfect. Not to mention the price was dirt cheap. 
here is old couch and new recliners. 
ED436870-3C9E-4BA5-857E-AB51859669ED.thumb.jpeg.555d0ba15a380f682d8cd6de0779fa4d.jpeg

BF384F01-8B48-46D1-A591-A8656143D2F4.thumb.jpeg.e99e0bfbdc314b1f2c30b3383bee6530.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ncsteve said:

We just replaced ours with two wall hugging recliners and absolutely love them vs the old couch.  We lucked out and found a slightly used set out of another RV that matched the color of the other couch and driver’s seats and size was perfect. Not to mention the price was dirt cheap. 
here is old couch and new recliners. 
ED436870-3C9E-4BA5-857E-AB51859669ED.thumb.jpeg.555d0ba15a380f682d8cd6de0779fa4d.jpeg

BF384F01-8B48-46D1-A591-A8656143D2F4.thumb.jpeg.e99e0bfbdc314b1f2c30b3383bee6530.jpeg

Those are sweet 

I just went through this and replaced RecPro with dual recliner loveseat. New seat is a dark burgundy leather, about 72" total width (see attached photos). It took a lot of looking to find one that fit but we are very happy with our results. 

I am not at home as I write this but I will send additional installation pictures as well as manufacturer this evening when I get home.

As for RecPro, the plastic upholstery was very cheap and near the end of the second year it all fell apart at once. The interior cushioning moved and left the seat ver uncomfortable as well. RecPro says they have better (pricier) upholstery but once was enough for me.

-Jamie

IMG_20211106_122131805.jpg

So, I didn't get this posted last night...

Here is loveseat installed. The opening between cabinets and slide wall is about 74" and the loveseat is about 72". The loveseat is from a "Chesapeake Collection". Sorry, I can't tell you more about the manufacturer, but as you can see, 72 inchers are available. The loveseat has a steel frame under it, just like the RecPro one removed so I used the same brace and bolt mechanism to hold it down. And since the loveseat is located on a raised floor slide I am using some Amazon supplied rollers in the front to take some of the weight when the recliners are used. Here is an installed picture and an Amazon URL for the rollers.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HQO4UO0/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_JYX8SEAN0D9WA74P4D58

-Jamie

IMG_20211110_074228903.jpg

I don't have a picture but I replaced with a beautiful loveseat that goes out into a full, its called a Lambert Harrison Hidabed 72" w/ Air Coil (Air Dream Mattress),  Fold Down Center, Ultra Leather and coloration almost exact. Not cheap $2465 (delivered to the door) and took a few months to deliver but entirely worth is to get rid of the crappy jack knife that was in there. I have no idea why Monaco even put those things in there, only  a 6yo could possibly sleep on it. Like others have said, because the slide is higher I made a couple furniture grade pieces of wood to fit under the lower half support bars when the bed is out to level it up.

I got it from a place called Dave & LJs RV Interior Design. Highly recommended, it was a good experience and exactly what I wanted. 

https://daveandljs.com/

Edited by BigNick

5 hours ago, OhReally said:

So, I didn't get this posted last night...

Here is loveseat installed. The opening between cabinets and slide wall is about 74" and the loveseat is about 72". The loveseat is from a "Chesapeake Collection". Sorry, I can't tell you more about the manufacturer, but as you can see, 72 inchers are available. The loveseat has a steel frame under it, just like the RecPro one removed so I used the same brace and bolt mechanism to hold it down. And since the loveseat is located on a raised floor slide I am using some Amazon supplied rollers in the front to take some of the weight when the recliners are used. Here is an installed picture and an Amazon URL for the rollers.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HQO4UO0/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_JYX8SEAN0D9WA74P4D58

-Jamie

IMG_20211110_074228903.jpg

That's really nice and pretty much the same layout we have.  What do you have across from the seats.  When the chairs are reclined can you still walk past to the cab area?

Here’s my installation. I went with RecPro but we are not full timers. So far three years later we are still very happy with them. Also put a TV elevator behind the sleep sofa and modified the overhead cabinet 

7BF07FAC-1055-4DCF-A6AA-4F0E8C440D74.jpeg

99D9A1D6-20AA-4839-AFEF-2C40C7B5E561.jpeg

ADC99C42-2B77-4D95-8B76-9FE8D0C207C1.jpeg

3 hours ago, Chargerman said:

Here’s my installation. I went with RecPro but we are not full timers. So far three years later we are still very happy with them. Also put a TV elevator behind the sleep sofa and modified the overhead cabinet 

Yep, that's what I want.  Nice job!  Did you do the TV lift yourself?  What RecPro seat and color is that?  Thanks!

Yes I did everything myself. I don’t recall the Theater seat color. I had them send me the sample color swatches to make my choice and would highly suggest that. The TV lift was a bit of a job. First you have to be sure to choose one with the proper stroke and stored height to be sure it works for your application. I chose not to put it in a cabinet as I wanted to get the sofa as close to it as possible to maintain isle space. I added a power outlet behind the sofa close to the floor in the kitchen cabinet. Also had to relocate the heat exchanger vents that were in the front of the old jackknife sofa. I put them in the front of the kitchen cabinet at floor level.  I also build an angle iron frame/base for the sleeper sofa to bolt it to the floor and give it additional strength and support since the front legs are too far out to sit on the slide. I then put refrigerator rollers on the front legs that rest on the floor. Lastly, I brought the wires from the overhead cabinet that’s above the co-pilots seat down to the floor and through the cabinet that’s mounted to the front end of the slide in flexible conduit. Leaving enough slack behind the copilots seat for slide movement. I also moved my surround sound speakers to the new TV area. None of the wiring is visible. Originally my Coach had a desk where the theater seats now reside and I was very fortunate that the cabinet doors that were in the desk were the perfect height to use where the old TV was in the front overhead cabinet. I shortened the old TV cabinet so it matched the other ones up there. 
    Sorry to be so long winded but I wanted to give you a clear picture of the amount of work needed to pull this off. We continue to be very happy with this upgrade. One of my goals was to make it look like it came from the factory this way. 

On 11/10/2021 at 8:13 PM, Chargerman said:

If I may ask, what size is your TV and lifting mechanism did you use? Thank you. 

Last spring I was looking to install new theatre seat recliners.  I liked the Bradd and Hall seats for my first choice and when I called I was told it could be 3+ months on backorder.  I went with RecPro theatre recliners off Amazon which I was able to get in less than two weeks. We have enjoyed these power recliners all last summer and so far they are holding up well.  My German Shepherd also enjoys them as a bed.  FWIW I am 6'1" and about 240lbs so I guess that will be a good test for their durability.

IMG_0335.thumb.jpeg.37e86ab13465598aebf9f14090d111a3.jpegIMG_0334.thumb.jpeg.5ec5f0b7f433ea29f08103967aca2e88.jpeg

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Adam_C said:

Slightly off topic question cuz I'm a newbie.  How are y'all getting these couches in and out of the coach?  Surely you're not managing to squeeze them through the front door?

Old one I took apart. Strangely, we were able to get new one in one piece, with no damage