Replaced Blower motor

33 minutes ago, bmulvenna@hotmail.com said:

Thanks, but these are not small openings. They are gaps of 4 to 12 itches under the dashboard.

That large gap is to the front end cap??  I would prefer tape, fiberglass, foam or any filler other than spray foam.  I cannot imagine the PITA of working in that area after it was spray foamed.

Guest Ray Davis
1 hour ago, bmulvenna@hotmail.com said:

Thanks, but these are not small openings. They are gaps of 4 to 12 itches under the dashboard.

Are you talking about openings/gaps to the outside where cold air can enter?         

I found looking at the firewall above the generator a wood panel/shelf that serves as the bottom floor of the dash.  It had a separation all the way across of about 1/2" in the center then narrowed at each end.  This panel was supposed to be screwed up to something  but it wasn't,  I was hesitant to use screws not knowing what I might hit so I filled the gap with spray foam.     Foam seems to have worked ok so far.                Could this be the sort of gaps you saw?

3 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Are you talking about openings/gaps to the outside where cold air can enter?         

I found looking at the firewall above the generator a wood panel/shelf that serves as the bottom floor of the dash.  It had a separation all the way across of about 1/2" in the center then narrowed at each end.  This panel was supposed to be screwed up to something  but it wasn't,  I was hesitant to use screws not knowing what I might hit so I filled the gap with spray foam.     Foam seems to have worked ok so far.                Could this be the sort of gaps no,

No but that is also there and I gorilla glued it with weights to hold down while the glue dries. 

Perhaps I used the wrong words(openings and gaps)

What I am referring to is the large void between the bottom of the dash and the top of the blower motor and on the interior side of the defrost vents. Picture attached.704077130_20211111_0723372.thumb.jpg.9609da2f52da97c240a1c5da9aba26a4.jpg

• Sad 1