Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/603-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

'06 Dynasty Intellitec location?
Dr4Film
Ivylog
Replaced Blower motor
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
Replaced Blower motor
klcdenver
Replaced Blower motor
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
2004 Monaco Diplomat 40pdq upgrades
Scotty Hutto
Replaced Blower motor
Hypoxia
Michael Powell
Replaced Blower motor
Ray Davis
Tow bar set up
BobSchmeck
Bouncing tach and Speedo
RoadTripper2084
House batteries
SigPIlot
Can I see your sofa conversions, please?
Oregon04Windsor
Tow bar set up
JDCrow
ISL 400 overboost problem
J & Di Cooper
Timaz996
Replaced Blower motor
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
Replaced Blower motor
RekaAnn$
Bliksem
Replaced Blower motor
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
Changing out Norcold to Fisher Paykel residential
Tim.dougherty@comcast.net

RustyH

Thanks for the feedback, belts and hoses where not on my list.

Dr4Film

Martin,

The Intellitec system that the OP was referring to evidently is a House Multiplex system versus the Intellitec EMS system shown in your post. That was the reason for my first post is to find out which one the poster was concerned about. I guess 2006 Dynasty's never came with the Intellitec EMS system even though I have seen one 06 Dynasty that had one installed.

Photo of Multiplex system

20211026_105546.jpg

Ivylog

Congrats and welcome. I replace the working LCD TVs in my 08 Navigator with LED smart TVs. Replace the front 36 inch TV with a 50 inch by mounting it on the face of the cabinet, not in it as the LED are very thin around the edges. Measure the distance between the side cabinets at the top, not at the bottom as there’s an inch difference.

Assume you have the Aladdin Junior monitoring system but parts are no longer available… the tank sensors are, but gave a lot of problems. Many upgrade by going with a SilverLeaf system that gives a lot more information on the engine side.

Multiple TPMS systems where the sending sensor screws on the valve stem. Good luck using the search feature at the top…Google is better.

Ivylog

Not only does my 08 Navigator have the board pictured above in the rear closet, there’s another half dozen modules behind the front TV.

I recommend getting M&M to do a back up of your system… Pretty cheap insurance as they are about the only ones who can work on the system in Ohio and Sanford,  Fla in the winter.

Replaced Blower motor
bmulvenna@hotmail.com

2004 Dynasty. After replacing the dash blower motor and squirrel cage, I discovered a lot of open space under the dashboard. Any reason not to fill this void with fiberglass insulation to reduce air leaks from the front end cap? Might also reduce some road noise.

Thanks in advance for comments. 

Chargerman

Yes I did everything myself. I don’t recall the Theater seat color. I had them send me the sample color swatches to make my choice and would highly suggest that. The TV lift was a bit of a job. First you have to be sure to choose one with the proper stroke and stored height to be sure it works for your application. I chose not to put it in a cabinet as I wanted to get the sofa as close to it as possible to maintain isle space. I added a power outlet behind the sofa close to the floor in the kitchen cabinet. Also had to relocate the heat exchanger vents that were in the front of the old jackknife sofa. I put them in the front of the kitchen cabinet at floor level.  I also build an angle iron frame/base for the sleeper sofa to bolt it to the floor and give it additional strength and support since the front legs are too far out to sit on the slide. I then put refrigerator rollers on the front legs that rest on the floor. Lastly, I brought the wires from the overhead cabinet that’s above the co-pilots seat down to the floor and through the cabinet that’s mounted to the front end of the slide in flexible conduit. Leaving enough slack behind the copilots seat for slide movement. I also moved my surround sound speakers to the new TV area. None of the wiring is visible. Originally my Coach had a desk where the theater seats now reside and I was very fortunate that the cabinet doors that were in the desk were the perfect height to use where the old TV was in the front overhead cabinet. I shortened the old TV cabinet so it matched the other ones up there. 
    Sorry to be so long winded but I wanted to give you a clear picture of the amount of work needed to pull this off. We continue to be very happy with this upgrade. One of my goals was to make it look like it came from the factory this way. 

Replaced Blower motor
klcdenver

Use the spray foam to fill those cracks. The closed cell type is best. It will make it more air tight as opposed to using fiberglass insulation.

Replaced Blower motor
bmulvenna@hotmail.com

Thanks, but these are not small openings. They are gaps of 4 to 12 itches under the dashboard.

Scotty Hutto

Congrats on the new coach.  Four years ago I purchased a 2006 Dip and have been upgrading it constantly.  I’ve done some of the “core” maintenance things mentioned above, but I’m a gadget guy, so a lot of my focus the last year or two has been electronics.  A few of my favorites:

1. Residential Fridge to replace the NotCold.

2. New flooring

3. External keypad to lock/unlock doors (thread in “Upgrades”)

4. Full time WiFi (I used a ToGo Roadlink; probably not what I would do today - there are better options)

5. New cameras all around, multiplexer to view all cameras simultaneously on a 10” monitor.

6. Watts link and crossbars to help with stability

7. SeeLevel gauges for tanks

8. RV Whisper system to keep tabs on the coach when I’m away (see thread in “Upgrades”)

9. Micro-air WiFi thermostat to control coach when I’m there or away.

10. Currently replacing camera system with 360° camera system… more to come. (See thread in “upgrades” by @StellaTariche)

11.  Upgraded all lighting to LED.

12. New TVs all around, upgraded surround sound, added Rokus to all TVs.

13. Replaced factory dash radio with double DIN Pioneer unit

14. Added dashcam for safety

15. Replaced slide toppers with Stone Vos Migliore toppers

16. New tile backsplashes in bathrooms, kitchen, and bar.

17. New faucets throughout (kitchen, both bathrooms)

Currently Planned:

18. ML-ACR to replace IRD / Trombetta / Amp-L-Charge.

19. Magnum ME-MW-W system to monitor and control inverter / charging/ genny remotely.

20. Replace awning fabric with Stone Vos Migliore vinyl  

21. Replace all day/night pleated blinds with day/night roller shades

Those are the things I can remember, anyway… Hopefully there are some ideas you can use. Many of these (but not all) are documented in the “Upgrades” section of the site  

Replaced Blower motor
Hypoxia
33 minutes ago, bmulvenna@hotmail.com said:

Thanks, but these are not small openings. They are gaps of 4 to 12 itches under the dashboard.

That large gap is to the front end cap??  I would prefer tape, fiberglass, foam or any filler other than spray foam.  I cannot imagine the PITA of working in that area after it was spray foamed.

Michael Powell
8 hours ago, Old Dog said:

Don't forget rubber, all your hoses if original are 20 years old. I went through all the engine coolant hoses, including dash heater and aquahot. Also intercooler boots. upgraded to silicon. A little more expensive but cheap insurance and never worry about it again. A blown hose can lead to a bad day real quick. Pretty easy to find even the pre-bent pieces.

I have been wanting to do this...You are correct on a little expensive but Great insurance..My question is where did you find them and were the heater hoses also silicon???

Replaced Blower motor
Ray Davis
1 hour ago, bmulvenna@hotmail.com said:

Are you talking about openings/gaps to the outside where cold air can enter?         

I found looking at the firewall above the generator a wood panel/shelf that serves as the bottom floor of the dash.  It had a separation all the way across of about 1/2" in the center then narrowed at each end.  This panel was supposed to be screwed up to something  but it wasn't,  I was hesitant to use screws not knowing what I might hit so I filled the gap with spray foam.     Foam seems to have worked ok so far.                Could this be the sort of gaps you saw?

Tow bar set up
BobSchmeck
On 8/9/2021 at 9:15 PM, JDCrow said:

Yeah I need to figure out the safety cable hook ups.

I have not settled on a braking system yet. Because we are not full-time, I really do not want a hard mount (air) system. The RVI looks interesting,  but the reviews have people upset because they can’t get screens (tablets) for the system, and I really do not want another 7” screen on my dash. 

So it kinda leaves the portable brake systems, which are foreign to me. I’ll have to dig in and figure out how they all work 

I have what some call a lunchbox break. it acts like a surge break. Found it used. Its a little bit of a pain to use but it takes care of the legal issues. It takes about 3min to set up.  To me its just a 3rd redundancy safety precaution.  I don't know about your truck but with my jeep I need to look at the camera or for a shadow in the mirror to be sure its still with me.   

Were to hook up safety cables. Here is what worked good for me. $12 for the pair. 

20211111_081602.jpg

2008 Dynasty electrical issue-melted Intellitec box
Pduggs

We smelled electrical burning emanating from the bedroom the other night. The only thing turned on in there was the heat pump, which had failed to operate. I thought the cause was the AC/heat pump unit. I turned it off and the smell dissipated. Removing the AC shroud the next morning found nothing amiss. 

The DW yells this morning that the dryer won’t work. I check the electrical outlet the dryer is plugged into and it’s dead. Following the electrical line from the outlet box to the Intellitec box pictured below, opening it up and BINGO. I found the source of the burning smell. 

I’m not sure what to do next. What would cause this? It looks like I need to replace the melted Intellitec box. Where can I buy it? I’m surprised the house electrical breaker for the dryer didn’t trip.

533B28D7-747D-4DFE-A9A8-3B62452E0049.jpeg

B3729D0D-B9B8-47E5-9F9F-FD7790EECE95.jpeg

1F1316EA-BB0D-443A-A70D-F9628C99D407.jpeg

Bouncing tach and Speedo
RoadTripper2084

Mine has both issues as well, '97 Dynasty.

Planning on rebuilding my alternator as it makes a sound on each rotation when I hand-spin it. Seems to be working okay though, for now.

I also suspect grounding issue, will have to open the dash and try the suggested fixes, just not looking forward to it as all my dash plastic is broken around all the screws. Maybe I could glue the pieces back on while I have it out?

Old Dog
2 hours ago, Michael Powell said:

I have been wanting to do this...You are correct on a little expensive but Great insurance..My question is where did you find them and were the heater hoses also silicon???

I got the heater hose at Zoro, 5/8" I think. The whole run isn't hose, it's pipe over the bays which cuts down on cost. I bought a 100' roll and used close to 75'-80'. The engine hoses I just searched the internet for. Hope this helps, Don

2 minutes ago, Old Dog said:

I got the heater hose at Zoro, 5/8" I think. The whole run isn't hose, it's pipe over the bays which cuts down on cost. I bought a 100' roll and used close to 75'-80'. The engine hoses I just searched the internet for. Hope this helps, Don

I also used the hose change out as a good opportunity to drain and flush (with Distilled water) the engine and agua hot coolant and filled everything with 50/50. Wasn't exactly cheap,, used Cummins lifetime Engine Coolant, but again never have to worry about it. I'm a mechanic and even I underestimated the amount of work these things take to ensure reliable and continued operation. If you have to pay the labor it gets outrages real quick.

Frank McElroy

This was caused by poor electrical connections.  Notice the melted plastic in the upper left of your picture.  Do a Google search and you should be able to find a used intellitec automatic load transfer switch.  Your other option is to install a manual transfer switch, or you can install a junction box to eliminate the automatic switch.  The problem with that is you must always remember to only run the washer or AC separately.

Xlr8ting1

There are 2 new ones available on ebay for $100.00 each. Same part number.

Fisean

Been there done that. This was caused by reverse polarity at a camp ground. not loose wires. You will need to call the company that bought Monaco out. I think its RVT.  It is a bummer but they will likely have the part or refer you to a vender that will. You're lucky you didn't have a fire, this has caused many RV's to burn up. Many of those transfer switches were recalled on numerous RV makes. It's not a Monaco exclusive thing, and a reverse polarity checker is a must. Lesson learned. A park near Niagara Falls was the culprit on ours and it was also the roof heat/Ac that exposed it. We never plug in without checking polarity now. The part was about 500.00 and an electrician needs to put it in or you can if you can find a very similar unit with wire posts identical basic electrical knowledge is a must. No guess work with electrical. We fixed ours on the road, you can to if you need. Good luck and that's our experience.

House batteries
SigPIlot

Some wise sage (on this site) suggested I change to Duracell 6v AGM's (Sam's) for the house batteries vs. wet. I had a fair amount of gassing and buildup with the old wet cells. Installed them a couple of years ago. I look at them on my monthly system check, but that's about all. More expensive than wet and less expensive than Lithium, I feel the trade off is positive since I don't have to mess around cleaning them and the bay every month or so.

Oregon04Windsor
4 hours ago, Chargerman said:

Thanks, very helpful!  

Dr4Film

Paul,

You really dodged a bullet on this one. Lesson learned, if you have a very strong electrical burning smell, find its source before the coach burns to the ground.

As Frank suggested, you have three options, replace it with the same model, replace it with a manual transfer switch or remove it and install a junction box but then you have to remember NEVER to run the AC and Washer/Dryer at the same time.

Also, do you have a Progressive Industries EMS system or some other brand that monitors the quality of the incoming shore power such that it will sever power when ANY aspect of the power quality goes out of specs? If not you had better get one installed pronto.

Pduggs
19 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Paul,

You really dodged a bullet on this one. Lesson learned, if you have a very strong electrical burning smell, find its source before the coach burns to the ground.

As Frank suggested, you have three options, replace it with the same model, replace it with a manual transfer switch or remove it and install a junction box but then you have to remember NEVER to run the AC and Washer/Dryer at the same time.

Also, do you have a Progressive Industries EMS system or some other brand that monitors the quality of the incoming shore power such that it will sever power when ANY aspect of the power quality goes out of specs? If not you had better get one installed pronto.

Are you referring to my transfer switch? See picture of it below. 

In our four years of ownership we never ran the AC and washer/dryer at the same time, because they wouldn’t run when all were turned on. 

In this instance, nothing else was on in the bedroom other than the heat pump. 

How can I check the electrical polarity at the pedestal with my volt meter?

76357CAD-2C09-47CA-AE1A-10264E99E088.jpeg

Tow bar set up
JDCrow
1 hour ago, BobSchmeck said:

I have what some call a lunchbox break. it acts like a surge break. Found it used. Its a little bit of a pain to use but it takes care of the legal issues. It takes about 3min to set up.  To me its just a 3rd redundancy safety precaution.  I don't know about your truck but with my jeep I need to look at the camera or for a shadow in the mirror to be sure its still with me.   

Were to hook up safety cables. Here is what worked good for me. $12 for the pair. 

20211111_081602.jpg

Those are trick! What I ended up doing it getting a set of BE7AE126-5245-4805-9D3B-D949D4CF22FD.thumb.jpeg.cda7b4004ab513587e83b1c3f479ee30.jpegsafety cables that would go on a trailer for attachment to the tow vehicle. I looped them around the frame of the truck and then attached the original blue ox safety cables to them. So doubled cables.  You can see them connected in this pic. I’m sure some will baulk at the set up, but it will hold and do the job 

J & Di Cooper

Have a problem and looking for suggestions.

2005 Windsor ISL 400 with 80k miles.

Recent trip in Blue Ridge mins of Va while using the engine brake (low setting) my Check Engine light came on,  gauge scan showed boost of over 30??!!  Clicked off the engine brake and the light went out and the boost drops back towards 10psi.  Now i'm really paying attention to the dials, as i didn't think there should be boost while using the EB.  All other indicators looked normal.  On the next uphill I see the boost continues to climb around the dial past 0 and at least back to the 10psi mark within a very short distance, at which point I back off the pedal.  I notice the Aladdin % of load gets to about 90%, (normal 90% load equals about 30-34psi boost).  I don't use the EB anymore and keep a close eye on the boost gauge and % of load.  By keeping the load to about 40% I could limit the boost to 30psi by modulating the pedal pressure going uphill.  Engine did not make any strange noises and there was no smoke of any color at any time.  One other note,  for the last couple thousand miles I've noticed a slight whistle sound comes from the exhaust pipe when first started,  as my normal process is to start engine, go to fast idle while building air pressure, stow the shore power cord, do the final walk around and start driving.  I do not know if the whistle is related.  I have checked for loose/frayed/broken wires around the turbo.  I searched here and the IRV site for turbo issues, however most articles deal with loss of pressure and/or ISM-ISX engines which have a different turbo & actuator.

Thanks for your inputs.
John

Dr4Film

Paul, is there a remote display with that transfer switch that will indicate when there is a problem with the incoming power?

Here is a link that explains how to test the pedestal with a multi-meter prior to plugging in your coach.

https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-electricity-easy-50-amp-measuring/

jacwjames

Amazon actually shows the module https://www.amazon.com/Intellitec-00-00714-000-Energy-Selector-Module/dp/B00ODIQ2VQ

Back ~7 years ago we had a lightening strike on the pole that fed power to our old house.  Lost one TV in the house but about a month later when we were getting ready to leave on a trip in the motorhome I noticed that there was not amp displayed on the EMS load meter, there should have been since we were plugged into a 20 amp circuit.  I ended up finding that lightening had taken out the EMS board and had to replace.

Decided to install a Progressive HW50C surge protector.  Beside surge it also checks the quality of the circuit you plug into and won't let it pass until it is OK.  It checks for both high/low voltage, open ground, and reversed polarity.  If is sees any of these it won't connect and will display a code so you know what the problem is.   First trip we took with it I had one instance of reversed polarity and one of low voltage. 

When I was building our new house I had put a 50 amp RV plug on the temporary pole, during the time I was plugged into it I saw several instances of low voltage, meaning it had to be below 108 volts for it to drop out.  I thought it might have been due to the temp service but after completing the house and plugged into a 50 amp RV plug that I had run I saw this again.  So started monitoring the voltage in the house on different plugs and found we had low voltage coming in.  I sent an email to the Coop explaining what was going on and I got a call the next week that said they checked voltage coming from the transformer feeding our area and they had one tap that was not adjusted correctly so to they turned it up and that solved the problem. 

Timaz996

Even up to 38 psi won't hurt your engine. What is your normal boost?

Pduggs
7 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Paul, is there a remote display with that transfer switch that will indicate when there is a problem with the incoming power?

Here is a link that explains how to test the pedestal with a multi-meter prior to plugging in your coach.

https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-electricity-easy-50-amp-measuring/

Thanks. I don’t have a remote panel. I’ll check the pedestal now. 

Frank Bergamo

Paul,

this is what I use to monitor incoming power. It is also available in a hard wire model. Cheap insurance to prevent any problem with incoming power. Hope this helps. https://www.amazon.com/PROGRESSIVE-INDUSTRIES-EMS-PT50X-Portable-Protector/dp/B01N9MOY7B/ref=sr_1_2?gclid=CjwKCAiAm7OMBhAQEiwArvGi3DmV5Kp6KYOScG7K_SyVoD1u2ZbeeboT7fWljiMr5LfB2acg6C-epBoCrYoQAvD_BwE&hvadid=190534251586&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9029184&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=12163922335955503142&hvtargid=kwd-298142485817&hydadcr=7527_9880923&keywords=progressive%2Bindustries%2Bems-pt50x&qid=1636654379&qsid=134-3108032-9214913&sr=8-2&sres=B01N9MOY7B%2CB07ZKZRHQ6%2CB08B1GC8J8%2CB07PRTZCF5%2CB07NW1Q52Z%2CB0050EH004%2CB007O6INSE%2CB09471J8Y7%2CB0050EGS5W%2CB088D723J4%2CB088D5PWFB%2CB002UC2UB8%2CB06XXP8YFM%2CB088D2JVN4%2CB088CWBBBM%2CB0009SQQ1A%2CB088CX994S%2CB07ZKZX42Z%2CB002UC4T08&th=1

Fisean

You can buy a polarity checker for RV's at the rv store or on line. This is the one I bought and we love it. Progressive Industries 50 Amp RV Receptacle Tester, RRT-50. Paying more fore one is not mean its better. We check every single time and it has a safety set up so you won't get a surge in your coach and that may have been what caused the failure. A mysterious surge. I understand it happens. Over all the Monaco are one of the best built coaches so don't let it bother you. The little boxes housing the electrical stuff are designed to contain a fire and the circuit breakers should trip before anything got too crazy. It still makes you think. 

Replaced Blower motor
bmulvenna@hotmail.com
3 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Are you talking about openings/gaps to the outside where cold air can enter?         

I found looking at the firewall above the generator a wood panel/shelf that serves as the bottom floor of the dash.  It had a separation all the way across of about 1/2" in the center then narrowed at each end.  This panel was supposed to be screwed up to something  but it wasn't,  I was hesitant to use screws not knowing what I might hit so I filled the gap with spray foam.     Foam seems to have worked ok so far.                Could this be the sort of gaps no,

No but that is also there and I gorilla glued it with weights to hold down while the glue dries. 

Perhaps I used the wrong words(openings and gaps)

What I am referring to is the large void between the bottom of the dash and the top of the blower motor and on the interior side of the defrost vents. Picture attached.704077130_20211111_0723372.thumb.jpg.9609da2f52da97c240a1c5da9aba26a4.jpg

StephenW

Last spring, after reading on this forum about the potential problems of a bad power supply to the coach I decided to install the Progressive Industries HW50C with the digital readout.  The first trip after installing this device I plugged in the coach and looked at the digital readout and saw an error code.  The power supply had reverse polarity and the HW50C would not allow power into the coach.  Then in October I plugged into a power supply but my transfer switch kept switching from shore power to inverter and with the digital readout I could see my power supply was fluctuating from 118v to 104v.  I think installing the PI HW50C was one of the better upgrades I have done to the coach so far.  Thanks to this forum I feel like I have really dodged a bullet to my wallet.

Pduggs

I checked the pedestal per this guy’s instructions https://youtu.be/9hmuUBWKwGo  The pedestal is good. 

I suspect the problem has something to do with the rear AC/heat pump unit. That was the only thing turned on when the smell occurred, and it had failed to run. I’m thinking I need an electrician to check it out. 

Replaced Blower motor
RekaAnn$

Try pool noodles to fill in the void‼️

Dr4Film

Paul, the rear AC/Heat Pump will not run without a good working Intellitec Power Transfer Switch in place or one of the other options mentioned earlier.

If you don't have a remote display for the Surge Guard Power Transfer Switch how do you know if and when the unit sensed bad power and specifically what condition caused it to sever power such as an error code or a PE (previous error code)?

That's the beauty of the Progressive Industries EMS HW-50C device is that it has either a digital display on the device itself or it can come with a remote display that tells you exactly what is going on with the quality of your shore power.

willbo777
22 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Paul, the rear AC/Heat Pump will not run without a good working Intellitec Power Transfer Switch in place or one of the other options mentioned earlier.

If you don't have a remote display for the Surge Guard Power Transfer Switch how do you know if and when the unit sensed bad power and specifically what condition caused it to sever power such as an error code or a PE (previous error code)?

That's the beauty of the Progressive Industries EMS HW-50C device is that it has either a digital display on the device itself or it can come with a remote display that tells you exactly what is going on with the quality of your shore power.

That transfer switch shows its readout on the Aladdin screen.  I have the same transfer switch and it shows anything that is bad with the power and will not connect.

• Multi-mode surge suppression (fuse protected)
  • Low (<95V) and High (>132V) Voltage
  • Mis-wired pedestal
  • Open neutral
  • Open ground
  • Reverse polarity
  • High and low frequency

Dr4Film

Bill,

Thanks for that important bit of information. I am a newbie to the Aladdin System. Just starting to learn more about it as I am looking at newer coaches.

Is the Aladdin System also part of the Multiplex System?

Bliksem

I am suspecting a faulty gauge or sending unit if the engine was running normally. 

Bliksem

Those intellitec boxes are prone to failure I have replace 2 of the 3 in my 09 HR. Amazon had the best price

Replaced Blower motor
bmulvenna@hotmail.com

It's all fixed.

20211111_130423.jpg

20211111_130430.jpg

Dr4Film
19 minutes ago, Bliksem said:

Those intellitec boxes are prone to failure I have replace 2 of the 3 in my 09 HR. Amazon had the best price

Would you please share where these three boxes are located in your coach and what function each one performs?

Pduggs
2 hours ago, willbo777 said:

That transfer switch shows its readout on the Aladdin screen.  I have the same transfer switch and it shows anything that is bad with the power and will not connect.

• Multi-mode surge suppression (fuse protected)
  • Low (<95V) and High (>132V) Voltage
  • Mis-wired pedestal
  • Open neutral
  • Open ground
  • Reverse polarity
  • High and low frequency

I’ve never seen this on my Aladdin. How do you access this information?

96 EVO

d***, a hinged door to gain access to the back of the laundry machines!

Spoiled Dynasty owners!

2000 Dynasty Regent Living Room Slide Type
Analyte

Hello,

Looking at my LR slide, the front near the drivers seat doesn't fully compress the inner seal when extended like the rear section. I did some searches and found various threads regarding Lippert and HWH Slides.

Did Monaco use a specific type for all of the LR slides, or Is there an easy way to tell which type I have? I'm still new to this RV, and the data card doesn't specify which is on the coach.

Thanks,
Kerry

Dr4Film

Is your slide electric or hydraulic? My slides are all electric. Can you see below inside the bay as to whether the slide has butted up against its stop or not?

I believe my slides are Power Gear slides.

Changing out Norcold to Fisher Paykel residential
Tim.dougherty@comcast.net

Thanks Mike!  I think she will like the extra room.

Tim

2004 Monaco Dynasty

Timaz996

I have the same coach. You have a hydraulic operated slide out by HWH there is adjustment bolts in each arm front and back if you need to move the front out further you should be able to adjust it with those bolts.

Bill D's Monacoer's Gathering - November 2021 Update
Scotty Hutto

November 12, 2021 Update

2022 Bill D's Monacoers Gathering 

WHEN: Tuesday, February 15th, 2022 thru Sunday, February 20th,2022

WHERE; Lazydays RV Resort, Seffner, Florida.  

RESERVATION INFORMATION: 

*** You must be registered at Monacoers.org to attend. Registration is free & easy ***

Gathering reservations must be made by telephone To make a reservation, call Lazydays RV Resort at 800-350-6731 (Hours: Mon-Thu: 9am-5pm | Fri-Sat: 9am-6pm | Sun: 10am-2pm). Please tell them you are with the MONACOERS GROUP to receive the Gathering all-inclusive rate. Reservations require a 50% deposit due at booking with the remaining balance charged to your card on file 30 days prior to your arrival. (If a reservation is made within 30 days of the arrival date, payment will be due in full at time of booking.)

1. Check in/Check out: Check in is any time after 1:00pm and check out time is on or before 11:00am.
  2. Cancellation Policy: All reservations may be cancelled with no penalty until one (1) month prior to your arrival date. Reservations cancelled less than one (1) month prior will incur a 50% penalty. For no calls or no shows, no refund will be given.

Once you make your reservation, please RSVP on the Monacoers.org site calendar (here). This allows us to keep a record of everyone attending and ensure your reservation with Lazydays is included in the group.

Rates for the gathering include a full hook up site with 50amp service, all (5) of the evening buffet meals, all seminars/presentations during the week and vouchers for breakfast in the Lazydays cafeteria (main building).

2022 Gathering Rates:
Couples - $494.13 includes all taxes, Two adults per coach, pets included
Single - $403.92 includes all taxes, One adult per coach, pets included
Seminars and meals only for those not staying onsite - $94.48 plus tax per person

Important Gathering Notes:

1. Any member who has a special diet requirement should let the chef know in advance, and they will do their best to accommodate your needs.
  2. If you have a name badge (Monaco Int'l, Monaco Travelers, or other), please bring it to the Gathering and wear it!  If you do not have a name badge, stick name tags will be available.
  3. Chris Throgmartin will be doing Awning, Slide Topper, Slide Out, and Lower Belt Line Inspections. A sign-up sheet will be available at the Meet & Greet Tuesday night and during dinners Wednesday through Friday evenings.
  4. You will be given a goodie bag by the Lazydays RV Park Office when you arrive and check in.  It will include:
    1. The final schedule/agenda
    2. A Roster of all members attending the Gathering with their site number.
    3. A Silent Flea Market form
  5. We will have a Silent Flea Market during the event for Monaco parts and other RV related items.  Please complete the form you receive in the goodie bag and post it in the conference room.
  6. We will hold a 50/50 raffle and have items to raffle off Saturday night.

- NEW for 2022! Lazydays will be offering various excursions for spouses / significant others not attending the seminars. Some of these events may have a fee. We are also considering additional spouse/so events planned by members. More details to come on that.

- BACK BY POPULAR DEMANDThe Lazydays Chef will also be doing a Presentation, "Unlocking the Mysteries of Microwave/Convection Oven Cooking" on Thursday, February 13th at 1:30PM; LADIES DO NOT MISS THIS!!!!!!!

Schedule and Seminar Agenda

Note from Dave:

I CANNOT EXPRESS ENOUGH THAT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE NEED AS MANY MEMBERS ATTENDING THESE SEMINARS AS POSSIBLE. THE PRESENTERS ARE THERE FOR YOU AND TO GIVE YOU VALUABLE AND UPDATED INFORMATION AND TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. IT IS GETTING VERY DIFFICULT TO GET THE PRESENTERS TO COME AND PARTICIPATE WHEN NO ONE SHOWS UP FOR THEIR PRESENTATION. EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT THAT INTERESTED IN THE TOPIC THAT IS BEING PRESENTED, EVERY MEMBER SHOULD ATTEND THE SEMINAR OUT OF COURTESY AND RESPECT AND TO SHOW SUPPORT FOR THE PERSON WHO IS GIVING UP THIER TIME TO PRESENT THE INFORMATION TO YOU. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT LEARN!

See you all on Tuesday, February 15th!  DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS EVENT!

Tuesday, February 15th – Arrival Day & Registration

5:00 PM

Meet and Greet Party, CAMPGROUND DELI with a Build your own sandwich bar, sliced ham, turkey, roast beef, tuna salad, sliced cheddar, American and pepper jack cheese; sliced white, whole wheat and brioche rolls; kosher pickles, red onions, fresh sliced tomatoes and leaf lettuce; mayonnaise, mustard and potato chips; coleslaw; chocolate cookies, assorted sodas, water, tea, coffee (reg.& decaf).

Wednesday, February 16th - Seminars/Presentations

9:00 AM

TYRON Bands Run Flat System / Tire Safety & Maintenance

Chuck Thatcher

10:30 AM

New Program for purchasing RV Tires

Jeff Brown - MotorhomeTires.com

Noon

Lunch

1:30 PM

Body Caulking and Slide Floor Rot Repair & Maintenance

Chris Throgmartin

3:00 PM

Interior Coach Care

Bethany Boston
Talin RV Corporate Director

6:00 PM

Southern Comfort Buffet Dinner: Honey butter glazed Southern fried chicken, garden salad with French or balsamic vinaigrette dressings, macaroni and cheese, baked beans assorted cobblers, sodas, water, iced tea, coffee (reg.& decaf)

Thursday, February 17th – Seminars/Presentations

Roadmaster Chassis Suspension Handling and Sheppard Steering Upgrades

Van Williams and Barry from Josam's

Fire Suppression and Fire Safety - FireFight

Jim Bounds

Noon

Lunch

Microwave-Convection Oven Cooking Class

Lazy Days Chef

Roof Care and Renovation

Chris Throgmartin

Pork roast and honey baked ham buffet dinner: Cuban pork roast, honey baked ham, classic Caesar salad, fresh garden salad, sweet potato casserole, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, green bean almandine, artisan dinner rolls; key lime pie, water, iced tea, coffee (reg & decaf)

Friday, February 18th – Seminars/Presentations

Cummins Engine Service and Maintenance

Felix Miranda, Cummins Rep

Cummins Onan Generator Service and Maintenance

TBD,
Cummins Rep

Noon

Lunch

Allison Transmission Service and Maintenance

Derek Gallo,
Allison Rep

TO BE ANNOUNCED!!

Haddock, Grilled Salmon Buffet Dinner: Beer battered haddock, grilled salmon, classic Caesar salad, loaded potato salad, roasted red potatoes with herbs, roasted vegetable medley, cornbread, apple cobbler, iced tea, lemonade, water, and coffee (reg & decaf)

Saturday, February 19th - Open Round Table Day

Roundtable Discussion
- Maintenance Q & A
- Meet your Moderators
- Open Discussion - Problems, Upgrades, Modifications, Technical Problems and Fixes

BRING YOUR QUESTIONS AND PREPARE TO TAKE NOTES!!!! THIS IS ESPECIALLY VALUABLE FOR NEW MEMBERS TO THE FORUM AND GROUP.

David Pratt
All Attendees

Noon

Lunch

Round Table

- Discussion continued as needed…

- Visits to other members’ coaches to see and compare modifications & upgrades

5:30 PM

Sunshine Barbecue Buffet Dinner: Barbecue chicken & barbecue pork, coleslaw, macaroni & cheese, house corn bread, chocolate chip cookies, iced tea, lemonade, water and coffee (reg & decaf)

Sunday, February 20th – Departure Day

11:00 AM

Check-out time

All Attendees

Analyte
19 minutes ago, Timaz996 said:

I have the same coach. You have a hydraulic operated slide out by HWH there is adjustment bolts in each arm front and back if you need to move the front out further you should be able to adjust it with those bolts.

Thanks, I wasn't really sure what I had. Are the adjustment bolts accessible in the storage bays or some other way. The bottom of the slide is smooth so not sure where to start looking.

Thanks!!

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.