Over door awning

16 hours ago, BobSchmeck said:

I have a 2001 diplomat. The main awning is  power , the one over the door is a manual pull.  Wonder if you might be missing the pull strap. Post a picture.  

If I have a pull strap it is rolled up in the awning. It makes sense that it would be manual. The control panel for the main patio awning only has one button and a key switch.

There are a series of three rocker switches. One says patio light and the another has a red symbol but it is worn/faded to the point I can’t tell what it does. I thought that might control the door awning but as far as I can tell it doesn’t seem to do anything. Any ideas what it’s for?  My RV is in storage so I don’t have the option of photographing them for a few days. 

2 hours ago, tomevansfl said:

If I have a pull strap it is rolled up in the awning. It makes sense that it would be manual. The control panel for the main patio awning only has one button and a key switch.

There are a series of three rocker switches. One says patio light and the another has a red symbol but it is worn/faded to the point I can’t tell what it does. I thought that might control the door awning but as far as I can tell it doesn’t seem to do anything. Any ideas what it’s for?  My RV is in storage so I don’t have the option of photographing them for a few days. 

Is this the setup that you have?

20211114_153002.jpg

2 hours ago, BobSchmeck said:

Is this the setup that you have?

20211114_153002.jpg

Yes! I don’t think I’ve tried the switch while there would be air in the system. I’ll try it the next time I have the system aired up. 

There is a step cover switch next to the co-pilot’s seat, though.

1 hour ago, tomevansfl said:

Yes! I don’t think I’ve tried the switch while there would be air in the system. I’ll try it the next time I have the system aired up. 

There is a step cover switch next to the co-pilot’s seat, though.

The step cover needs air to operate. 

The entry step switch is for the lights on the side of the steps and a light underneath the outside mechanical steps.  

There's a step cover switch by the co-pilot & on the dash by the driver.  

On 11/15/2021 at 8:29 PM, tcbrow said:

On my 2001 Diplomat the step switch is used to stop the step (usually when extended) from retracting and extending every time the door is opened or closed.

I have my coach in the shop for another reason.  I tried the button with the worn red surface.  It is made differently from the photo.  I had the door open with the exterior step extended and tried the switch...nothing, the step still retracted when I closed the door.  I tried the switch in the other direction and still, nothing happened and the step retracted when I closed the door.  Since my stepwell bulbs are missing, I think the switch might be to turn them on as you are entering the coach.