Monacoers Daily Digest

Scotty Hutto

Welcome to Bill D's Monacoers' Daily digest for *|date|*

To view this on the web click here: https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/issue/606-monacoers-daily-digest/.  To respond to a post, click on the post title to be taken to that topic on the website.

Hello *|member_name|*, 

Here's what the Monacoers were talking about yesterday:

Index

Black and Gray water lift system
RustyH
Dr4Film
Sub-Freezing Temps without Winterizing?
wayne.cerven@gmail.com
2000 Dynasty Regent Living Room Slide Type
Wheelsnkeels
Weights
FishAR
wamcneil
Weights
Ivylog
Rich Cutler
Weights
Flyinhy
Weights
Mike H
Weights
Paul A.
ISL 400 overboost problem
J & Di Cooper
Weights
Ivylog
Weights
96 EVO
Weights
Paul A.
Michael Powell
Weights
96 EVO
Weights
Paul A.
Michael Powell
Weights
Ivylog
waterskier_1
2004 Monaco Diplomat 40pdq upgrades
rambler07
vegaman19760
Weights
Flyinhy
Over door awning
tomevansfl
Over door awning
Wrayj1
ISM OVERBOOST QUESTION
JohnnyDiesel
Weights
96 EVO
ISM OVERBOOST QUESTION
Dr4Film
ISM OVERBOOST QUESTION
JohnnyDiesel
Over door awning
BobSchmeck
Over door awning
BobSchmeck
ISM OVERBOOST QUESTION
vito.a
ISM OVERBOOST QUESTION
JohnnyDiesel

RustyH

Thanks Ben, I am a newbie to this RV thing🙂

Dr4Film

Rusty,

I guess you did you get on top of the roof to see the condition of the roof sealant, look for possible water leask and inspect whats up there before purchasing?

I am confused as to why you would install a reducer on your 3 inch sewer dump outlet, please explain. That's a recipe for a disaster unless you plan to use a macerator.

When I have been parked at my brothers farm, in the past I had used a local septic company who also does RV's to come out to dump our tanks. They came with their own hose adapter that twisted right onto the RV dump port. The last time there I would dump the black tank into a blue boy, roll in onto his motorcycle trailer and haul it over to the local state park where there is a free dump station.

wayne.cerven@gmail.com

Tools to winterize coach

1 - 3' soft rubber /plastic hose ,I believe inside diameter 1"

1 - 3/4 gallon jug RV antifreeze. 

Take the intake line off water pump,put hose on,put hose in jug, turn pump back on, go to each system that supplies water in coach , hot and cold, and run until pink.

20 minutes, $ 20 dollars and your coach can go to Alaska in the middle of the winter.

If you use your Washer and ice maker and your sewer rinse you will need more antifreeze and time.

I don't use my washer and Ice maker, keep it simple and can switch from when we travel from - 30 to plus 30 in a parking lot in 20 minutes.

You would need a little RV hand pump to flush your black water tank (flush) system.

I have fired my Aqua hot until it reaches operating temperature , shut it down and you will be amazed at how warm it will stay for many hours.

Lots to learn

Remember you do not need any hobbies when you own one of these rigs!

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Dr4Film

I assume that your coach is parked at an OUTSIDE storage facility.

Here is what I would do in that same situation. The Aqua-Hot diesel and electric assist switches should be left on. Your Inverter should also be turned on. Remove all unnecessary 12 VDC power draws that could drain your house batteries more than what is needed for the Aqua-Hot. Set up your Auto Generator Start to come on when your house batteries reach 12.2 State Of Charge and turn off when the house batteries attain FLOAT SOC. Set the inside temperature thermostats to 50F.

Now the Aqua-Hot will keep the inside of the coach at 50F and it will also prevent the Aqua-Hot from freezing.

If your house batteries do run down to 12.2 SOC your generator will fire up and charge them back to Float SOC then turn off.

HWH Air Compressor Replacement Last Summer
Jdw12345

My only thought on why Monaco didn’t originally mount it in the fuel bay (diesel and propane) could have been in the unlikely event that the propane tank had some sort of leak and the compressor kicked in and caused a potential ignition point. I do realize that propane is heavier that air but one never knows all of the conditions that might cause a problem!
 Personally I think it should be mounted in the heated water bay with the Aqua Hot. I would think it could be easily made removable with a quick disconnect air coupling and a plug for the power supply. 

JMO

Joe Lee

Thanks a lot, Richard and Wayne!  

I do use the ice maker and washer. I will have to protect them as well. 

And, Wayne - I like the comment about hobbies!  Hahaha!  

I still have lots to learn. 

2000 Dynasty Regent Living Room Slide Type
Wheelsnkeels

We have the same coach and model, Be certain that the coach is leveled as your viewing this seal prior to adjustment. My experience is sometimes on uneven ground It sometimes has a gap and other times it does not.  

Weights
FishAR

Here's a Monaco pamphlet on your coach: Executive inserts (rvusa.com)

It says your gross vehicle weight rating is 46,000 pounds. That's not how much the coach weighs, that's the max it can weigh loaded down.

Gross combined vehicle weight rating is 53,000 which generally means you can tow 7,000 pounds or have a 7,000 pound hitch, this seems low.

Front gross axle weight rating 13,000

Rear 23,000 pounds

Tag 10,000 pounds

wamcneil
1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

I am confused as to why you would install a reducer on your 3 inch sewer dump outlet, please explain. That's a recipe for a disaster unless you plan to use a macerator

Nah. It won’t clog. At home, I gravity discharge through a 1” hose, into 1” pvc and eventually transition into 4” close to the septic tank. 
As long as only appropriate substances go into the toilet, it all breaks down into slush pretty quickly and there’s nothing bigger than 2” to begin with. 
Cheers

Walter

bftownes
12 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Spend the night in it then it won't be unattended.    

You don't want frozen pipes so start the generator and turn on the heat.   I think the picture below is what Chuck is referring to but that will not clear the water from your Aquahot.  People have ended up with a burst copper coil trying to blow water from the Aquahot. It froze and burst anyway.

Winterize RV, Boat, Motorhome, Camper, And Travel Trailer: Air Compressor Quick-Connect Plug To Male Garden Faucet Blow Out Adapter Fitting (Solid

The adapter in question is similar to that BUT...the end is the same as a tire valve stem.  Use it as if putting air in a tire.  

Weights
Ivylog

Well, you could add 9,000 lbs of stuff and not be over your max GVW. Shows why you didn’t need 295s on the rear once you increase the tag’s pressure to 45 or more adding 1500 lbs to it for 4500 lbs. This will take 2000 lbs off the drive and add 500 to the steer…contrary to what some will say. The tag and steer being heavier will improve the handling, not that it was bad.

I add 5 psi to the pressures from the table because I travel in heavy crosswinds which shifts a fair amount of weight. For 12,000 lbs you need 90+5=95. 20,460 requires 85+5=90 for the drives. One 295 would carry your 4500 lbs at the minimum 80 psi (not sure why it’s 80 as other 22.5 are 70 minimum) so I’d run 70 in the tags.

Rich Cutler

Reason you open the toilet is they suck faster than the vent can handle and you don't want a vacuum on the holding tank.

Weights
Flyinhy
1 hour ago, Ivylog said:

Well, you could add 9,000 lbs of stuff and not be over your max GVW. Shows why you didn’t need 295s on the rear once you increase the tag’s pressure to 45 or more adding 1500 lbs to it for 4500 lbs. This will take 2000 lbs off the drive and add 500 to the steer…contrary to what some will say. The tag and steer being heavier will improve the handling, not that it was bad.

I add 5 psi to the pressures from the table because I travel in heavy crosswinds which shifts a fair amount of weight. For 12,000 lbs you need 90+5=95. 20,460 requires 85+5=90 for the drives. One 295 would carry your 4500 lbs at the minimum 80 psi (not sure why it’s 80 as other 22.5 are 70 minimum) so I’d run 70 in the tags.

I've been following your advise quite a bit. I can't imagine loading 9k worth of stuff inside this coach.  Why is pressure so low in the tag? I was under the impression that low air pressure was not good for these tires.....I'm about to move her back to the job site my apartment lease is up next week so everything is turning out as planned......fingers crossed .....

11 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Whats the max on your steer axle? If 14,000 or 14,600lbs, I'd be adding 10psi on your tag axle regulator, and re-weighing.

Yes...14 on the steer

jacwjames

This is the type of fitting I use to blow out my lines. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Road-Home-Plumbing-Blow-Out-Plug-for-RVs-with-Standard-Male-Hose-Threads-and-Schrader-Style-Air-Valve-with-Cap-Plastic-Rubber-and-Brass-Construction-Materials/1002620024

FWIW this is how I winterize my coach.  I do not have an Aquahot.   I first drain my water tank and then open the gravity drain and open all my faucets.  Also train the water heater.  This will get most of the water out of the lines.  I'll then put the fitting into the water fill and hook the compressor to it using an air chuck that clips on.  I'll start the compressor and go around closing all but one of the faucets, and let it blow until no water comes out, go turn on another faucet and close the one I just blew out.  I rotate all the faucets 3-4 times until all the water is out.  I also run the washing machine through a cycle and it blows the line as it is trying to add water.  Flush the toilet a couple times so it purges water. I unhook the icemaker line an blow it out.  In the past when I did this I wasn't hooked to a sewer drain so I would capture as much water as possible in a pot so I could toss it out the door, now I can just drain in the sewer hookup I have at the house. 

I haven't winterized my coach yet as I am hoping to head out on a trip but I also just finished an insulated garage but don't know how well it will retain heat.  I just upgraded my AC's and installed a new Micro Air Easy Touch thermostat that has internet capability.  I moved a hotspot to the coach yesterday so I could monitor temps.  The house the temp dropped to ~30F, the inside of the garage based on the outside sensors on each AC stayed at 41F and the inside stayed +50F.  Suppose to be colder tonight and I will monitor again.  I can always set the front AC to heatpump at a ~45 inside degree temp and it will run until it get cold in the garage but the furnace should kick on.  I am plugged in so I have the luxury of doing that or running a small space heater.  I also recently put tank heaters in under the fresh, grey and black water tanks and left the System Heat Switch on so it will come on if the temps get cold.  When I check the RV first thing I this AM the remote temp sensor at the back of the fresh water tank was at 50F, so the system heat may have come on last night. 

Weights
Mike H

For what it's worth here is how much my 'loaded' coach weighs and what my tire pressures are set at and this is how it has been since it was new and handles like driving my F-150.

MotorHome Tire Pressure Form for sharing.png

Weights
Paul A.
13 hours ago, Flyinhy said:

I finally had a chance to weigh my coach today. I filled the fresh water tank and filled the diesel tank. The lp tank is 85% full and I have just about everything I need loaded. The steer came in at 11500, the drive at 22460 and the tag at 3000 ( 35psi) .....the tag behind the drivers seat indicates the coach weighs 46k......what am I missing? I inflated the steer to 95 the drive to 95 and the tag at 90......

What are the sizes of your present tires and what brand are they?

ISL 400 overboost problem
J & Di Cooper

Time,  I normally see mid-30's on my dash boost gauge when the Aladdin reads 80-90% load and/or even up to 100% load, although I do avoid pushing the 100% load for any length of time, i.e. long mountain grades.  I'm not in that much of a hurry.

Bllksem,  agreed that is a point to ponder.  Except i do get the "check engine" light whenever the EB is switched on, and it goes out immediately when i switch the EB off.  I did suspect the gauge when i first saw it wound around past the 0 back up towards 10-15 on the next hill,  it's just never exceeded 35 psi before. 

96EVO,  that's my question/concern also.  I don't recall ever really noticing the boost pressure climbing much when using the engine brake for defending grades or just slowing as needed.  

At this point i'm taking it to the local fleet service cummins shop for their review.  I will report back to the group with the results.

Thanks to all for your inputs, hope to see some of you at the Gathering in Tampa.

Choose to enjoy this day.

John

Weights
Ivylog
1 hour ago, Flyinhy said:

I can't imagine loading 9k worth of stuff inside this coach

In the real world you can’t as it’s impossible to load enough on the rear… you end up overloading the front axle before using all of the CCC.

Yes...14 on the steer

No, you only have a 13K front axle.

Why is pressure so low in the tag?

Because you have a much bigger tire than necessary for the load, even increasing from 3000lbs (a single PU truck tire can carry that much weight) to 4500 lbs. A single 295 can carry that much weight at 70 psi so 2 could at 40 psi BUT the tire wouldn’t stay on the rim in a turn.

Weights
96 EVO

Even with a 13,000lb steer axle, I think you could still safely add 10psi to your tag axle regulator.

3,000lbs is just too low to get any benefit from your tag axle. Emergency braking, they would probably just lock up. 

Weights
Paul A.
3 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Even with a 13,000lb steer axle, I think you could still safely add 10psi to your tag axle regulator.

3,000lbs is just too low to get any benefit from your tag axle. Emergency braking, they would probably just lock up. 

I am really questioning the accuracy of the Tag Down Pressure Regulator. Very unusual. He should add 10# and do a reweigh. Then you have two points to address and evaluate. And always travell at least 1-2 miles after adjusting the tag pressure before a reweigh. Those tag tires should have a minimum inflation pressure of 70#, 80 is better, so they don't "spin" on the rims. That will take some of the "squat" out of the tire too, and do that before a weigh, reweigh.

Michael Powell

My understanding is that rooftop A/C-Heat pumps will not heat or work at or under freezing temperatures.. I just built a shop to store my 2004 42' Princes Dynasty in that I put Insulated garage doors and 1 1/2" closed spray foam insulation. I am queries what the Temps will stay at this winter.  Central Texas 1100 feet above sea level.

Weights
96 EVO
12 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

I am really questioning the accuracy of the Tag Down Pressure Regulator. Very unusual.  

That, or was the tag tires fully on the scale 🤔.

Weights
Paul A.
29 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

That, or was the tag tires fully on the scale 🤔.

Well, until we find out his tire size[s] we will have to wait.  Some terrible misinformation being posted. 

jacwjames
42 minutes ago, Michael Powell said:

My understanding is that rooftop A/C-Heat pumps will not heat or work at or under freezing temperatures.. I just built a shop to store my 2004 42' Princes Dynasty in that I put Insulated garage doors and 1 1/2" closed spray foam insulation. I am queries what the Temps will stay at this winter.  Central Texas 1100 feet above sea level.

The spray foam should be ~R10 but it also blocks out drafts and makes the building tight. 

My garage was quoted with R7 large roll type insulation and insulated garage doors.  Not as good an R value and not tight but seems to do OK. 

I think a space heater and wet bay heat would be enough to keep my coach from freezing. 

Having the ability to monitor remotely is the trick, I can check on it anywhere I have a phone signal. 

Michael Powell

Thank you Jim I have a wifi moisture and temperature sensor that works well on my phone will check it out and report as soon as internet gets hooked up.

Temperature mixing valve for shower hot water or whole house?
ok-rver

I would have thought this had been discussed but could not find as a topic. I have bumped into the side to side adjust shower control valve a couple of times and when moved left, pretty much scalded myself. Have not measured water temp but expect it is over 120 deg F. Would like to leave water heater settings as is to have the hot reserve of water. Water heater has rear access thru rear closet so I would be able to add adjustable mixing valve to rear in the area of the bypass valve for winterizing. Would set around 110 for all water so wife has water at a temp she likes for rinsing dishes. I have read a few posts on getting behind the shower enclosure by going under the sink and thru the side wall of the kitchen slide. This would be good to have full temp water at the kitchen sink but it is very difficult to get thru the access panel.  Wondering what others have done.

Also wondering if anyone has installed a hot water loop back to the main water tank to allow flow of water in the hot line to return until hot gets to the kitchen sink. A lot of water goes into the gray water tank to get hot water out the faucet.

Ivylog

The motorhome bay which is part of my home in N GA, is made with 2 x 6 walls and door plus 2 x 10 ceiling with batt insulation. Has never gotten below 40 degrees is in 15 winters without any heat, not even much from the common wall as the house is set at 45 all winter. We get a few days below 10 and many days where it never gets above freezing and why we go to Fla in the winter.

Weights
Ivylog

He put on 295/80/22.5 and maybe Toyo.

waterskier_1
19 hours ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

There is an adapter you can purchase that screws into the water input  that you can use to blow all the water out of the water lines.

That is a very poor choice for an Aquahot.  You can not blow every bit of water out of the Aquahot coil.

-Rick N.

This is what I use to winterize my coach, with Aquahot.  I do this several times a year as I live in Colorado and use the coach year-round.  Leaving the Aquahot on is a possible solution for a once in a while case, but be aware that the Aquahot may not heat all the plumbing areas, including the wet bay (where water and sewer are connected) and the holding tanks themselves. 

-Rick N.

willbo777
6 hours ago, Jdw12345 said:

My only thought on why Monaco didn’t originally mount it in the fuel bay (diesel and propane) could have been in the unlikely event that the propane tank had some sort of leak and the compressor kicked in and caused a potential ignition point. I do realize that propane is heavier that air but one never knows all of the conditions that might cause a problem!
 Personally I think it should be mounted in the heated water bay with the Aqua Hot. I would think it could be easily made removable with a quick disconnect air coupling and a plug for the power supply. 

JMO

That's exactly where I moved ours.

2004 Monaco Diplomat 40pdq upgrades
rambler07

If you have not changed engine oil or trans oil get it tested , you wont regret it!

Ray Davis
4 hours ago, bftownes said:

The adapter in question is similar to that BUT...the end is the same as a tire valve stem.  Use it as if putting air in a tire.  

Correct,  but there are several configurations available all using the same principal.   If I was blowing the water out with air I think I might try this one.

Blasoul RV Winterizing Kit Sprinkler Blowout Adapter,With Blow Shut Off Valve-12Inch Air Compressor Kit Male & Female Quick Connect Blow Out Fitting

Rick aka waterskier_1 is absolutely right, Do not depend on air for winterizing an Aquahot you'll be sorry.

vegaman19760

Over many years I have heard many stories of those who took chances with freezing temperatures and lost.  Mother Nature has no idea and does not care what your situation is .  Blowing out the water lines in a trailer or an older smaller 5th wheel works fine.  But in the newer larger 5th wheels and large motorhomes you take a chance because not all the water lines are level and there is no absolute assurance that you have blown out all the water in the system.   And most of those water lines were installed way before much of the walls and appliances and features were installed.   That makes the majority of the water lines unseen and much harder to get to for repairs.

I can only speak for myself.  Because I have a hot water heater, I by pass it, drain it and flush it out.  Then I take the time to purchase enough RV antifreeze (if I need more) to winterize my coach.  With the shower, a bath and a half of two sinks and two toilets, the double kitchen sinks, a stacked washer/dryer, an ice maker in the residential fridge and the outdoor shower hoses, there are too many places for water to stay inside that hundreds of feet of pex and other types of water lines and drains.  It takes more than a few gallons but I sleep better at night knowing I will not have to deal with broken water piping or fittings and such.  ALSO, RV Antifreeze is reusable.  You do not have to toss it out and can put it back into the jugs you used to winterize in the first place.  For me our rigs are way to expensive to play games with Mother Nature.  Just my way, works for me.  Stay safe and Stay well

2008 Dynasty electrical issue-melted Intellitec box
Bobbyboy

I assume this thread is about the Load Shedding Device that went bad.  I have an 08 dynasty and although mine did not "burn up"  it quit working.  I did what Frank suggested and just put in a junction box, then put a small sign on the washer:''turn off A/C before using washer".  Problem solved;  and if by accident both are turned on at same time, the breaker trips.  After replacing that box twice, I put in the junction box.

Bob L, 08 dynasty

Weights
Flyinhy

So I drove about 130 miles with tag at 40 psi ....drove ten times better. I adjusted to pressures to your specs. And yes, you're right 13k on the steer. Now I just have to figure out why my alternator quit charging half way. 

Over door awning
tomevansfl
16 hours ago, BobSchmeck said:

I have a 2001 diplomat. The main awning is  power , the one over the door is a manual pull.  Wonder if you might be missing the pull strap. Post a picture.  

If I have a pull strap it is rolled up in the awning. It makes sense that it would be manual. The control panel for the main patio awning only has one button and a key switch.

There are a series of three rocker switches. One says patio light and the another has a red symbol but it is worn/faded to the point I can’t tell what it does. I thought that might control the door awning but as far as I can tell it doesn’t seem to do anything. Any ideas what it’s for?  My RV is in storage so I don’t have the option of photographing them for a few days. 

Wrayj1

I replaced my 14 yo mixing valve this summer after 5 years of Arizona corrosive water passing thru it.  it was not difficult, just a little tight working around the bed and bypass closet doors.  I checked with my local RV dealer for price on the valve and was able to purchase it on Amazon for $75 less. I think it was around $140 in June 2021.

Over door awning
Wrayj1

The red one might be your battery disconnect switch, mine is on the same panel, by the front door, as the step cover, porch light, big awning etc.

Ray Davis

We have a really smart and industrious member here that we somehow lured over from IRV2,  Bob Jones is his name.  Haven't heard from him lately.

Bob had a thread over there addressing water temp.  Get ready IMHO this thread rocks.

My 180 Degree Atwood Water Tank Solution - iRV2 Forums

ISM OVERBOOST QUESTION
JohnnyDiesel

I have a 2001 Executive with an ISM 500 in it. 26K miles on it. I bought it with the red warning light on. It drove ok but was obviously derating. I determined that the ambient air pressure sensor was bad and replaced it which shut off the warning light. I also replaced the temp sensor and the manifold pressure sensor. Today I took it for a shake down ride and the performance is notable improved. I noted that the boost pressure was pinning the 30 lbs gauge when I accelerated hard. I never noticed the boost pressure going past 25 before the sensor changes. Question, is it possible that I'm seeing an overboost condition? I know I have a VGT but I'm not sure how to diagnose turbo problems. I'm concerned that I'll trash the engine if I don't look further. Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Bob Jones

I agree - we need Bob Jones !!! 🙂 The whole world needs more Bob Jones 🙂 I'm Bob Jones and I approved this message! 🙂

I did mine 'whole house' and also installed a 50 micron spin-down filter on the hot water feed line so I never have to clean the screens on the shower head or faucets ever again. I also ran a dedicated hot water line (pre-mixing valve) over to the toilet so I flush with 180 degree hot water, this, inventing the self-cleaning toilet 🙂  On the way to the toilet that line also runs up to the washer/dryer so I can now wash clothes at 180f on the hot side. This makes my bed sheets really white and clean/soft. I also changed the controls around so I can set the temperatures to anything I like (gas, electric or both) and have them cut in whenever I like. Basically, turned the hot water heater into a boiler. It was fun, it was not hard, it was not expensive, and it pays massive dividends every time I shower. Constant fixed temperature from start to finish. 

20210127_184621 (1).jpg

20210626_104021 (1).jpg

20210208_195639 (1).jpg

Weights
96 EVO

Re-weigh when you get an opportunity. You could probably add another 5psi on the tag.

Kongsberg Chassis Control Module CCM mx shop
Brett63
On 7/20/2021 at 12:44 AM, Bob125 said:

Well, problem is solved.  Thank you Frank for your input.

Just before certain parts of the CCM quit working, I had a Battery Disconnect relay go bad (some call this the salesman switch relay).  This is the second relay to go bad, so based on my research, a lot of people bypass the relay and not use the battery disconnect switch.  So, that's what I did.  I did not connect that certain parts of the CCM quit working right after that.  So, tonight I installed a new battery disconnect relay back in and the CCM is now all working.  I can't believe this.  How could connecting the battery directly and not going through the relay affect the CCM?

The only thing I can figure are the two white signal wires attached to the battery disconnect relay.  They are labeled solenoid open and solenoid closed.  Possibly because these two signal wires were not connected, the system detected a break in signal and caused certain parts to quit working.

Long story, but wanted to post in case future Monacoers that may have CCM trouble.

Thx, Bob...

IMG_0780.jpg

Sent you a PM Bob

ISM OVERBOOST QUESTION
Dr4Film

I thought the VGT's were introduced in later model coach's versus the 2001.

jjroxus

Yes I agree - for ultimate safety the Aqua. Hot bay would be the best choice from a safety standpoint. 

Thanks,

JJ

ISM OVERBOOST QUESTION
JohnnyDiesel

You may be correct. I just check the ESN on the Cummins Quickserv app and the turbo type says "wastegate". So maybe the wastegate isn't working correctly? Thoughts?

Over door awning
BobSchmeck
2 hours ago, tomevansfl said:

If I have a pull strap it is rolled up in the awning. It makes sense that it would be manual. The control panel for the main patio awning only has one button and a key switch.

There are a series of three rocker switches. One says patio light and the another has a red symbol but it is worn/faded to the point I can’t tell what it does. I thought that might control the door awning but as far as I can tell it doesn’t seem to do anything. Any ideas what it’s for?  My RV is in storage so I don’t have the option of photographing them for a few days. 

Is this the setup that you have?

20211114_153002.jpg

Over door awning
BobSchmeck

Is this the setup you have?

ISM OVERBOOST QUESTION
vito.a

The question is what exactly is the boost?  Most of the ISM and ISX engines will pin a 30# gauge.  But they are running only about 35psi.  

The ECU should program the fuel according to the air density and boost so it shouldn't hurt anything.  If you want to play it safe install an EGT (exhaust gas temperature) gauge.  

ISM OVERBOOST QUESTION
JohnnyDiesel

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated.

John

Weights
Flyinhy
5 hours ago, Paul A. said:

I am really questioning the accuracy of the Tag Down Pressure Regulator. Very unusual. He should add 10# and do a reweigh. Then you have two points to address and evaluate. And always travell at least 1-2 miles after adjusting the tag pressure before a reweigh. Those tag tires should have a minimum inflation pressure of 70#, 80 is better, so they don't "spin" on the rims. That will take some of the "squat" out of the tire too, and do that before a weigh, reweigh.

I will do another re-weigh this weekend. I should have done it earlier but I encountered another problem on the way to the camp site. I'll install a new pressure regulator since I'll finally be able to spend more than an hour or two at a time working on it. The little bit I added to the tag pressure made a huge difference.

Seat motors slow
moxy1962

Anyone have a fix for seat motors moving slow or not at all

thanks

Bill

Grampy OG
12 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I assume that your coach is parked at an OUTSIDE storage facility.

Here is what I would do in that same situation. The Aqua-Hot diesel and electric assist switches should be left on. Your Inverter should also be turned on. Remove all unnecessary 12 VDC power draws that could drain your house batteries more than what is needed for the Aqua-Hot. Set up your Auto Generator Start to come on when your house batteries reach 12.2 State Of Charge and turn off when the house batteries attain FLOAT SOC. Set the inside temperature thermostats to 50F.

Now the Aqua-Hot will keep the inside of the coach at 50F and it will also prevent the Aqua-Hot from freezing.

If your house batteries do run down to 12.2 SOC your generator will fire up and charge them back to Float SOC then turn off.

I concur 

Weights
Paul A.

I will do another re-weigh this weekend. I should have done it earlier but I encountered another problem on the way to the camp site. I'll install a new pressure regulator since I'll finally be able to spend more than an hour or two at a time working on it. The little bit I added to the tag pressure made a huge difference.

What are your tires sizes and what brand??

Ivylog

Why should the inverter be left on?

Over door awning
tomevansfl
2 hours ago, BobSchmeck said:

Is this the setup that you have?

20211114_153002.jpg

Yes! I don’t think I’ve tried the switch while there would be air in the system. I’ll try it the next time I have the system aired up. 

There is a step cover switch next to the co-pilot’s seat, though.

Seat motors slow
Paul Busch

My 05 sig just needed the worm drive old dried grease cleaned up and new grease. After not being used it dried up and was like rock. Good luck

paulb

Over door awning
BobSchmeck
1 hour ago, tomevansfl said:

Yes! I don’t think I’ve tried the switch while there would be air in the system. I’ll try it the next time I have the system aired up. 

There is a step cover switch next to the co-pilot’s seat, though.

The step cover needs air to operate. 

The entry step switch is for the lights on the side of the steps and a light underneath the outside mechanical steps.  

There's a step cover switch by the co-pilot & on the dash by the driver.  

Seat motors slow
moxy1962
17 minutes ago, Paul Busch said:

My 05 sig just needed the worm drive old dried grease cleaned up and new grease. After not being used it dried up and was like rock. Good luck

paulb

Thanks Psul, I assume you mean cable drive ?

Seat motors slow
Paul Busch

Sig seats have worm and gear drive motors. The one I had trouble with was the reclining worm drive. The gear was plugged with dried grease. I just cleaned the worm drive gears and re greased.

Seat motors slow
moxy1962

Ok perfect thank you 

Seat motors slow
Paul Busch

Good luck. Sure is a learning curve isn’t it?

Weights
Flyinhy
2 hours ago, Paul A. said:

What are your tires sizes and what brand??

295/80/22.5 toyo......I have a little deeper issues at the moment. Just came back to the motorhome and everything is dead. Even hooked to shore power my batteries aren't charging

Seat motors slow
moxy1962
16 minutes ago, Paul Busch said:

Good luck. Sure is a learning curve isn’t it?

Once had this coach for 7 years now always something now, I’m becoming quite a expert

Over door awning
tomevansfl

Ok. The light fixtures next the steps don’t currently have bulbs in them.

To unsubscribe *|member_name|* click here:https://www.monacoers.org/settings/?area=newsletters

We welcome your comments and suggestions for our newsletter.  Please send comments to newsletter@monacoers.org 

Copyright © 2020 Monacoers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.