Inverter output voltage

Rikadoo

So my observation is due to watching my voltage on a digital gauge that when the coach is connected to city power source the gauge shows 118 to 120 vac, pretty normal.

However once I disconnect city power and engage my inverter then the volt gauge only shows 102 to 104 vac, my question, is that a issue with my inverter, or is it due to using a digital gauge?

My inverter is a Xantec freedom semi-sine wave that appears to be originall and is operating with a fully charged battery bank with no load other that minimal parasitic draw from microwave clock.

I think the issue is with your inverter. A digital gauge should be able to read the inverter voltage accurately.  104 volts is pretty low and my not be good for some of your electric accesories.

Edited by Tom Wallis

This is one of the things that got me in trouble back in Aug, I was reading low voltage through the inverter using a digital meter and had other problems so I assumed my inverter was bad.  When I was testing the 120 volt side with the inverter unhooked I saw ohms across one of the leads so I thought I had a problem.  Even called Xantrex and they said >>>Yup your inverter is bad.  So I pulled the inverter and more testing.   Then I called one of the Xantrex repair facilities near Nashville and told him the symptoms and he said the inverter was fine.  Put it back in and then tested with my Klien digital meter and it showed 120 volt. 

Live and learn.   Just something you have to keep buried in the back of your mind. 

Well now i have something else to keep me busy, i never thought to use my DVOM i just was thinking cause the plug in gauge was digital it would read ANY AC voltage properly, I have a couple DVOMs and actually i have one that does read RMS. Thank you everyone for your Input an help.